(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,495 posts
  • 2,288 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 577 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF684CDD-F115-4FD4-AADE-1A4ADD19F6B7 (resized).png
IMG_9289 (resized).JPEG
IMG_9290 (resized).JPEG
IMG_9286 (resized).JPG
IMG_5785 (resized).png
IMG_5940 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240317_164501632.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240317_164526505 (resized).jpg
7695EF6E-36C6-4AE5-B4C3-85F19BCF043F (resized).jpeg
20240316_213614 (resized).jpg
pins (resized).jpg
20240315_204117 (resized).jpg
20240315_220641 (resized).jpg
IMG_1388 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1386 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I saw it but it was pulled before I got to call them.

Gonna have to change your name. kidding.....kidding

2 weeks later
#239 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Brought these home today.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Is that a SECOND Hook? Didn't you just pull out a bunch of hair over one recently???

2 weeks later
#273 9 years ago

30A no-blo

1 month later
#359 8 years ago

That's what I was thinking too

1 week later
#380 8 years ago

Wait . . . could it be . . . ?

IMG_0858.JPGIMG_0858.JPG

It is!!!
Raven . . . for the win!

IMG_0859.JPGIMG_0859.JPGIMG_0860.JPGIMG_0860.JPG

3 weeks later
#447 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Big Betty's Truck Stop arrived today via STI.

Good looking game! Gotta love that combination of Williams flippers down low and Bally flippers up top.

#452 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Brought home a nice Fathom yesterday.

Ahhhh.... yessss!!

4 weeks later
#543 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

Huh. Lookie there, I think your right. I'll change that when I get home. Two wide body pins on both sides does throw off the look. ThAnks

I thought that's the reason you said "say hello to my new little friend"

1 week later
#569 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A little late on this one but just picked up a Fire!

Original playfield? Looks to be in really nice shape.

#586 8 years ago

Brought this home on Father's Day with a bunch of electronic issues. Just finished repairing and cleaning it a couple of days ago.

IMG_6916.JPGIMG_6916.JPG

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Never seen an Af-tor. How does it play?

The flippers and pops are very similar to the classic Stern design. The slings are made of plastic and no other manufacturer made anything like them, but they are surprisingly responsive and with their near vertical angles there's a lot of back and forth play between them. The game plays very snappy and I haven't even rebuilt any of the mechs yet.

Even though it's a widebody the shots are tight, especially the ball lock on the left and release on the right. Even the spinner lanes are narrow. And I'm never prepared when the gates up top are open and the ball makes a complete loop, as you can see in the video. The ball release up top between the pops is a sucker shot, often returning SDTM. While the outlanes don't look hungry, the ball likes to walk over and drain so it's good to get those drop targets up, and the flipper gap is not large, but the ball sure seems to find it with ease. The background sound increases in tempo so that's satisfying to hear if you can actually keep a ball in play long enough.

There are lots of strategies: Shoot the ball up top and go for bonus multiplier and loads of pop bumper points, shoot the center banks of drop targets to keep the outlanes protected, shoot the stand ups twice or three times (dip selectable) to light extra ball, or go for multiball and get 2x playfield scoring.

All in all I have to say I'm quite impressed with it. It's fast and challenging and hard to rack up high scores on.

1 week later
#596 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Love that dragon art.

Love that dragon speed!

#597 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I think we lost a combined 50 Lbs moving them.

Had to be done. Good haul.

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

$400 comet from craigslist...10 miles from my house..

That's in amazingly good shape, congrats!

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Here's my $50 yard sale pin...
Now I just need to find a backglass for it.
It came w/ a nice Alltek CPU board.
With a few minor repairs, the machine is working 100%
Anyone have a Globetrotters backglass for sale?

Dayam that thing is BEA-U-TI-FUL!! That playfield is SICK!

Marco has a used glass "in good condition" for $199. Last glass I bought from them they shipped for $10.

#630 8 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

wow, I always wondered if anyone sold pins at a yard sale. they must have 100 per weekend around town in the summer. what a find! nestled in among the $0.25 books and $0.10 kids clothes.

A guy here used to sell them all the time at his yard sales. Seriously though, I wouldn't really call it a yard sale.....more like an 'outdoor store'. He'd buy games for $100 or less and try to pawn off the non-working crap on others for $500.

I've only seen a couple at real yard sales. Still wished I hadn't passed on the $400 Fathom, but that was back in the early 90's when $400 was expensive and nobody cared about it.

3 weeks later
#766 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I don't know if I'm more excited about your cool story, or the Cyclopes sitting in the background!!!

I'll vouch for the Cyclopes. What an awesome machine!

#784 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Hey that is a cool backglass. I think that one lady just got a jackpot. Can you tell if the pins in the backglass are modeled after real pins?

I dunno.....maybe she's pissed because her ball drained and she's giving it the knee.

#790 8 years ago

The blue one in back looks like Frontier.

#801 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

These three just left

Any guesses?

I'll also guess Cyclone on the Williams game.
The blue one is Seawitch (1st choice), Star Gazer (2nd choice)
The yellow one is a little tougher...Skateball (1st choice), Fireball II (2nd choice)

#803 8 years ago

Man, you're really rollin' in some good games!

2 weeks later
#884 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Nice
You found the naked lady on Pharoah?

There's a lot more than one....I never found them all

1 month later
#1135 8 years ago
Quoted from pantherpinball:

Just brought home 4 new ones, an Arctic Gun (and 2 heads), added in to the pile.

Sell me that Time Warp glass?

#1146 8 years ago

I picked up this project Genesis at Expo. Special thanks to Smileymatthew and Schudel5 for making the storage and delivery from Michigan possible. Four months in the making and now it's finally home.

IMG_7139.JPGIMG_7139.JPGIMG_7138.JPGIMG_7138.JPG

#1201 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I picked up this project Genesis at Expo. Special thanks to Smileymatthew and Schudel5 for making the storage and delivery from Michigan possible. Four months in the making and now it's finally home.
IMG_7139.JPG IMG_7138.JPG

2 weeks later
#1276 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

That backglass is ridiculously awesome. I love the farmers with the 4 hot model chicks swooning over them while he's playing a flippin' banjo.

Same banjo player and same 4 hot model chicks in the second wagon?

2 weeks later
#1392 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Finally got this damn game and it's BEAUTIFUL. No keys, doesn't boot, owner said even when it did boot the sound was busted. But the cabinet is great and playfield doesn't even have wear under the ball drop. Searched forever for a TX-Sector and finally found it 30 minutes from where I was going to be staying for Thanksgiving. It was a 10 hour drive instead of a 90 minute flight, but worth it.

Nice score. Fifty dollar 5V power supply board and it will be good as new.

3 months later
#1906 8 years ago

Egyptian BOP?

1 week later
#1957 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Looks good, not all faded like most.

We've only seen one side

1 week later
#2023 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

That's looks like it's in great shape. Congrats on a nice classic. Always great to see when they've survived through the years..

Stars was my friend's at TPF, won 1st place 70's SS.

#2030 7 years ago

Bought at the TPF swap meet:

Stern Hot Hand (I have a very nice playfield at home)
2 Stern Lectronamos with good glass
Gamatron NOS playfield (will go in one of the Lectronamo cabs)

IMG_7682_(resized).JPGIMG_7682_(resized).JPG

IMG_7688_(resized).JPGIMG_7688_(resized).JPG

IMG_7683_(resized).JPGIMG_7683_(resized).JPG

IMG_7699_(resized).JPGIMG_7699_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#2095 7 years ago

Always gotta thumb-up a grail.

#2131 7 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Well, looks like I am in the running for 'turd of the year'. Picked this up today for $100 and may have overpaid at that price. Playfield and backglass aren't too bad. Cabinet is poor, especially the particle board back. Had to drill the front lock to get inside and saw some of the handiwork of the seller's "electronic genius newphew" who maintained the machine. Looks like I'm getting some of my money back as well.......
Lots of work to do on this one. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to part it out or try to do a reasonable restore.

It scares me that I see a cockroach egg sack in the first picture. Don't take that thing in your house without fully cleaning it out first.

3 weeks later
#2249 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

2 pins 1 van. Also drives great. Love my Honda Odyssey. This is the second one I have owned.

Only 2? My friend used to put 3 in his Pontiac Montana. That was the beauty of a van as a pinhauler.

#2253 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Not sure I could comfortably shove 3 in. I can get one across the middle through the sliding doors and one in the back with room for the dolly.

The heads would have to be removed that's the key, but yes, one across the middle and two in the back, heads laid on top.

#2255 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

At the point where I am removing heads I think I would just rent a uhaul.

You are very lucky. We HAVE to remove the heads to get games in and out of our basements. Sure wish we had walkouts.

#2284 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Anyone care to take a guess?

That looks exactly like the one I picked up at TPF.......right down to the missing spinner on the left side. In fact, I had to go downstairs and check to make sure mine is still here.

IMG_7699_(resized).JPGIMG_7699_(resized).JPG

#2295 7 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I always thought it was the same but now that I look there are some other major differences. Single vs dbl inlanes and 3 vs 4 rollover lanes at the top...

It also has a gate into the kicker to the top of the playfield. Better chance of getting all of the lanes lit since there's no lane change.

#2299 7 years ago

Why, that's Flash. The crescent insert with two flash bulbs gave it away for me.

#2302 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Interesting story behind this: I've been thinking about doing a re-theme project for a while and decided that Flash is my ideal donor game (awesome layout, terrible artwork, high production run). After two slipped through my fingers, I found this playfield on Craigslist five miles from my house. It's dirty and parts are missing but it's only $200 and I can work with that.

Sounds like fun. Be sure to post your progress.

#2308 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

New pinhauler on Saturday.

j/k wife's new car. I still run an excursion.

Tag team

#2341 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Scored this over the weekend

Look at that......still has my high score on it.

3 weeks later
#2555 7 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Brought home a Bally Captain Fantastic Home version. It's practically new, just has some tape on the glass. Doesn't start a game, but the feature lights and flippers work.

Step 1: Power supply

1 week later
#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Very nice Mr & Mrs Pac-Man. Fantastic back glass and play field! Nothing like being the first person to ever service a set of original boards. The displays were even original. Was stored in a finished climate controlled basement for the past 25 years. Gonna fix it's few issues and send her on her way.

Amazing condition! Hard to believe the cabinet's faded.

1 week later
#2640 7 years ago

Brought home a Game Plan Agents 777 that needs some love.

IMG_8044_(resized).JPGIMG_8044_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#2704 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Very cool Catacomb...thing looks nice!! My buddy has one and he'll never sell it to me despite me constantly bugging him. It's just sitting in his garage "waiting for restoration" which he never even starts. I think the gameplay is very good on this pin including the bagatelle, considering it's an early Stern. Regret selling my Lightning a while back...good gameplay on that one also, even though Catacomb is much better. And who doesn't want to look at slutty girls? The artwork is great and provocative, and it's just an attractive game with a different color palate than most. Nice grab.

Do the restoration for him. You get to play it and look at the awesome artwork at his expense.

#2708 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Nice...you don't see that game every day.

He will now

#2713 7 years ago

I played Q*Bert at TPF two years ago and at Expo last year, but before then I'd never seen one either.

1 month later
#2882 7 years ago
Quoted from MCE_LLC:

I'm fairly new to this and am taking the bottom feeder approach for two reasons. It doesn't cost as much if I ruin a machine while I learn how to work on them. I also have my discretionary pinball spending throttled (wife card). This is my third pin since March and second nonfunctional pin. This one will be my first SS project.

What's bottom feeder about that? Looks to be in fantastic condition.

4 weeks later
#3038 7 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

Here we are in traffic.
Game works, but has a display issue and needs a good cleaning. My fourth Classic Stern, along with Pinball, Magic, and the gone but not forgotten Wild Fyre.

Fifth......F2K.

#3041 7 years ago

LOL...I like looking at people's collections to see what they like and dislike (that's why we put them in there, right?) And also to see what games I can try to get them to sell me.

#3083 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Scored this FS walking distance!

Wow that looks fantastic.

#3096 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd love to get a Wiggler. I could put it next to my Eager Beaver.

TWSS (resized).jpgTWSS (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3156 7 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Tommy. Could wait to play it so 1/2 way to my game room I stopped and gave it a few plays.

That's some....um.........interesting........dining room decor you have.

3 weeks later
#3297 7 years ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

It lights up... so that's a start!

Not really. I mean, your main fuse is good, but that's all that tells you. My experience with these is check and rebuild the power supply first, it really isn't a good design. Then go after the MPU if it still doesn't boot.

I've always liked the artwork on this one.

#3313 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nice! Glad to have another grid runner!
My latest pick up

You gonna bring that bad boy to TPF next year?

1 week later
#3378 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

On the way back from CLEVELAND with this beauty. Name the game!

Odds & Evens FTW

1 week later
#3432 7 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Hey if I told the price for this 3 you can't believe

Oh no no no...you don't get to bring it up and then just leave us hanging.

#3510 7 years ago
Quoted from mystic-:

Picked up this Jem on Saturday.. playfield and backglass in near perfect condition. it was well taken care of for the last 30+ years from the last owner..

When you see a game like this you just have to wonder how on earth it took so long to come up with ramps and habitrails.

#3512 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you mean like what was used in the 30s and on Williams games in the 40s and 50s?

Yes. Stern Freefall looks like a copy of the bottom one.

1 week later
#3558 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmani:

Road trip to Bedford Indiana yesterday netted a pretty nice 1974 Magnotron. CL ad - I got there first!
I corralled my 28 year old son and we spent 6 hours of quality time driving there and back.
Machine $250 - burgers $15 - experience - Pricele$$

Remember how you used to buy albums based solely on the cover art? Well Magnotron was like that for me. I threw tons of quarters into that machine thanks to that stupid awesome backglass.

2 weeks later
#3742 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Put a shirt on next time you take pictures!

LOL! Let's all be thankful he was standing behind something.

#3750 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I had a good week.

I think you understated that by, oh, a mile.

3 weeks later
#3897 7 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

just got this home after a 7 hr drive through a snow storm.(1 way) believe it or not!

Ha! I see what you did there.

3 weeks later
#4066 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I hate moving games from the personal linenup...at least after selling Mystic and MSF this made me feel a little better.

Hey I recognize that shirt. Does that mean you have a CPR playfield tucked away somewhere?

I love my Xenon. Super fast and mean. Tough to break a million. Just waiting for applejuice to rewrite the game code for his pinball controller so we can create some new rules!

1 month later
#4335 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Now how come when I pick up games they're in basements with skinny stairwells and tight corners?

Because not everybody owns an awesome, ginormous garage.

2 weeks later
#4511 7 years ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

Just picked up a Stern Quicksilver for under $200.00.

That was a STEAL right there!

3 weeks later
#4614 6 years ago

IMG_9108 (resized).JPGIMG_9108 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4720 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

One quick question , anyone know any information on the lower backglass being blue most I have seen are black ?

I had a chance to buy one of two Pac-Mans recently, one of which had a blue score glass. I would've liked the blue one, but it was missing the backglass so went with the black one instead. Bally showed the blue glass on the flyer so it must be early production. I never saw one on location back in the day, only black ones.

1 week later
#4813 6 years ago
Quoted from pdnajs:

From DSM to Lincoln and back in the pouring rain. Mousin' Around is in the house, thanks to ArnieC! Definitely a good Friday.

Good grab. I went all the way to Dallas to get one when I could have just gotten one right here.

#4847 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Snagged a nice Flash Gordon.
Great original color,no fade to watermelon red,lol.

Doorbell.....no charge.

#4867 6 years ago

Like opening a time capsule.

#4890 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Well let's have it. What's the best game of all time according to o-din?

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1969

2 weeks later
#5062 6 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Stern Hot Hand!
... again! Regretted selling the last one I had.
Huzzah!

Real glass on that one or a translite?

4 weeks later
#5309 6 years ago

Rudy's in da house!
IMG_9279 (resized).PNGIMG_9279 (resized).PNG
IMG_9282 (resized).JPGIMG_9282 (resized).JPG
IMG_9283 (resized).JPGIMG_9283 (resized).JPG

#5314 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Called on a clist add. Guy had a game posted. His brother died and they had a garage to clean out. Super clean sttng and bsd plus a project bop. Oh yeah and a pinball dolly and a pair of skates for $6500. I already have a sttng for sale, guess this makes two. Hopefully can move the bop. Keeping the bsd. For a while.

I mean....how could you say no???

Crazy light-up shoes you got there.

#5341 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Finally found one!!

Welcome to the club! I agree with Colsond that's in nice shape compared to a lot of classic Sterns I've seen.

#5374 6 years ago

Nice example! Make it more challenging and put lightning flippers back on.

#5418 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Posted last week that I picked this up for the hell of it. Cleaning it up a little, I can't believe that this thing has an actual screened backglass in it. Does the Fireball home game?

Yes and so does EK. I would imagine Galaxy Ranger does too.

#5439 6 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Picked up these two babies today, Went out for Trident and Quicksilver was a bonus find so bought it there and then on the spot.

Best. Bonus. EVER!

#5494 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Amazingly rare Loch Ness Monster

Quoted from Colsond3:

No way!!! I don't see it added to the collection though. But if so, more pics and story please.

Pic is from IPDB

#5518 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Gotta say the secret password

Quoted from Whysnow:

Tx tx tx tx tx tx tx tx

Quoted from merccat:

NanananananNAna Batmaaaaan!

Gama Gama Gamatron

#5558 6 years ago

You need a hobby.

1 week later
#5647 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

The guy only wanted $50 for it, i had to pay him more to keep the pin gods appeased!

Quoted from Micky:

Nice pickup!

Nice game too!

#5671 6 years ago

This should be fun to work on this fall/winter.

IMG_9367 (resized).PNGIMG_9367 (resized).PNG

IMG_9366 (resized).JPGIMG_9366 (resized).JPG

IMG_9370 (resized).JPGIMG_9370 (resized).JPG

IMG_9371 (resized).JPGIMG_9371 (resized).JPG

IMG_9372 (resized).JPGIMG_9372 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#6049 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Lots of one eyed Pinsiders!

I'm just glad they're not showing us the other one-eye!

#6088 6 years ago

At least you're only half-lazy.

1 week later
#6164 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

unless I build one from scratch, oh Cyclopes, I dream

So did I.....and I plan on making it happen!

2 weeks later
#6332 6 years ago

Glad you'll be bringing them back to life.

1 week later
#6417 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ended up with a fairly rare find last week--Gottlieb Star Race. Never thought I'd see one in the wild. I never cease to be amazed at what pops up.

Congrats, cool game. Almost bought one of these myself. One popped up a few months ago just a couple of hours away. I could have had it, but I decided to keep the space and money for other ventures. Probably the right decision, but I still regret not getting it. I watched the ad for a few more days until it finally disappeared.

3 weeks later
#6603 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats! 2 fun games! That supersonic looks like it is in great shape!

I was gonna say looks like the first time Supersonic was set up since 1979.

1 week later
#6646 6 years ago
Quoted from Joker2415:

Needs displays, lock down bar, shooter assembly(?), translite(I have original), whatever gremlins are in the circuit boards, And a ton of cleaning!!! It is cleaning up way better than I thought it would. Never mind the background mess....

Might check here and see if this is the right display and ask if it works.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-parts-parts#post-4023465

#6678 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Pretty damn excited about this one. Picked this out of an old storage barn. Think I'd like to have it completely restored if anyone can point me in the right direction.

That's an original glass? CPR put the pink/red in the upper left corner around the boat like that. I've never seen that on an original glass before. Even the flyer doesn't have it.

fathom_bg (resized).jpgfathom_bg (resized).jpg

fathomcpr (resized).jpgfathomcpr (resized).jpg

Fathom_flyer (resized).jpgFathom_flyer (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6834 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Bought a project. Not sure I wanted it but condition was too nice to pass on it.

Damn....the condition is incredible. Nice find!

#6872 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have owned the b/w Congo for 3 years. It's been completely tour down for 2 years. I have not had a chance to play it. I missed it so much, I got another one.

Very nice. Now sell me that MGOW glass...

#6916 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Those are Pin footies (TM) made by pinsider Bryan_Kelly. I have them on all my machines and love them.
Chris

Quoted from Nepi23:

Yes, they are those. I think I bought mine from Flipper Fidelity, but it was some years ago and I checked, but did not see them on their webpage anymore. I added this stuff under them (a bigger piece for sure): https://www.prisma.fi/fi/prisma/huopatassu-106-38mm-valkoinen

I love them too, but Bryan said he doesn't make them anymore.

1 week later
#6969 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

My neighbor has a DeLorean. He says the stock engine is crap/low power. He says that it would be almost impossible to ramp it up to 88mph.
Always thought that was funny.

That's why they need the flux capacitor.

#6989 6 years ago

I'm going to be super jelly if you scored a Star Light.

#6998 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't be jelly, come play it!

I certainly will if I'm ever in your neck of the woods!

3 weeks later
#7286 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

After stupidly passing on a nice Mr & Mrs Pacman at Allentown and a nicer X-Files recently, I thought 2017 would be the first year in many that I wouldn't bring home an addition to the collection. Couldn't let that happen, picked up this eleventh-hour T2 yesterday. Really, really dirty but the playfield is very nice and should clean up well. (Not my photo, NOT my toys!)

Hey son, play with this cute little bumble bee. When you get tired of that, hop up on this bench and blow up some robots.

4 weeks later
#7496 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Two machines in fantastic shape, especially EBD.Its about as nice as you'll find.

1 week later
#7606 6 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Brought this home today

Two of the best side by side. Congrats!

1 week later
#7715 6 years ago

I'd double thumb-up you on that Knockout if I could. One of the first games I played as a kid. I have a Bally spinner I'd trade you for the Stern spinner if you want a matching pair.

#7722 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Picked up a very nice example of a single player today. Thanks Pete!

Bon voyage, Colsond.

#7760 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you never quit, colsond.

I was just going to say.....is there ever a day when you DON'T bring a game home?

1 month later
#8226 5 years ago

Picked up a pretty nice Alien Poker from the TPF swap meet. Should be a good candidate for restoration.

B35ECCA7-E294-4D02-B350-20E6FB1183C1 (resized).jpegB35ECCA7-E294-4D02-B350-20E6FB1183C1 (resized).jpeg
AB706800-3162-47DB-A0FA-CE0F48895B9C (resized).jpegAB706800-3162-47DB-A0FA-CE0F48895B9C (resized).jpeg
28F7E7B8-6E56-4E96-91D1-75154BA653EE (resized).jpeg28F7E7B8-6E56-4E96-91D1-75154BA653EE (resized).jpeg

#8227 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Picked up a pretty nice Alien Poker from the TPF swap meet. Should be a good candidate for restoration.

And plastics arrived today. Starship-Fantasy shipped them at their expense because they didn’t have any at the show.

Thank you Larry, you’re a great asset to the hobby.

3 weeks later
#8403 5 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm becoming addicted to these mirrored backglasses.

As a kid I used to ride my bike to the mall on Saturday morning and wait for the arcade to open. Looking in at the pins, even though they were turned off, their mirrored backglasses gave them more class than all the other games around them....gave the games life despite the fact they were sitting there lifeless. Even without the flashing lights my eyes were still lured to them and I couldn't wait to play.

Video games were just starting to get big at the time -- Space Invaders, Asteroids, Atari Football, etc. -- and I loved them all, but my memory is of peering into the arcade and seeing all the mirrored backglasses.

1 week later
#8460 5 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Brought home my first EM project today.

You picked a good one! Played it a lot at Expo last year.

2 weeks later
#8604 5 years ago

Bluespin, congrats on your pick ups. Those look awesome! I'm jelly for that BSD.

#8609 5 years ago
Quoted from dmcinnes:

Over a week late but here’s my first pin!
Had to take the back box off to get it through the door which was a bit nerve-wracking, but it made it!

Very nice. You started with one of the best.

1 week later
#8723 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

so i can asses

I see what you did there.

#8738 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Not new, been sitting nib since January, but finally set up a week ago. AFM LE. Thanks to J.Kashani for the help!!

How on earth did you let that sit there in the box, taunting you, for 4 months?

#8748 5 years ago

Brought home another Game Plan. Thanks @cottonm4.

688A0208-6F3C-46DE-8DDC-4160F5300468 (resized).jpeg688A0208-6F3C-46DE-8DDC-4160F5300468 (resized).jpeg

3C4A2942-C327-4B15-9E48-A6647672935A (resized).jpeg3C4A2942-C327-4B15-9E48-A6647672935A (resized).jpeg

#8756 5 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

It looks like that left flipper is giving you the bird - a parrot no doubt! . Be careful with your new acquisition. You can never trust a pirate.

Haha! I'll teach him to flip me off and replace that left flipper with a banana flipper.

#8793 5 years ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

When will the sickness ever end!

Upon death

3 weeks later
#9004 5 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Unfortunately it had it's original battery. I'll get on this when I get the chance. Work & 4 kids will delay it but here's a couple more pics.

That Trident backglass looks like it’s in amazing condition. You never see them like that.

The MPU on the other hand....those are always corroded, even when the battery has been cut off.

Be sure to post some pics of the playfield.

#9005 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Lol - that’s one way to put it on free play I guess.

Be sure to post a pic in the doorbell thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doorbell-clubknock-before-entering#post-4163778

1 month later
#9566 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Emperor Ming Awaits!
[quoted image]
EDIT: More pics now that she is home. Undocumented HUO purchase 38 years ago by the gentlemen I bought it from, played by 4 generations of their family. Backglass is perfect, some minor battery leakage, but fires right up with perfect original displays. Perfect pin for a restoration:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If your high score on Flash Gordon is 3.4 mil, your game is too easy.

1 week later
#9676 5 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Tried a "Pinselfie™" while driving, can you guess the game i bought??? [quoted image]

Looks like Gorgar.

1 month later
#9978 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

(But for the record, I do miss my environmental discs of Tron)

I don't blame you. It never would have left my gameroom if I had one, great game.

4 weeks later
#10152 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Where ever I be I set my bullfrog ( double chin ) free.
Classic 80's working project, can you guess?
[quoted image]

I'm going with Time Warp even though it's a '79.

1 month later
#10484 5 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Anyone know what the wooden chest looking stickers are (pic 5) or the what the Yellow Bumper caps looking deals (pic 4) go to?

I was wondering what those yellow bumper caps were from too. Lemme know when you want to sell a couple EK spinners.

#10507 5 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Been busy last weekends two for twice the fun
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sure wish I could get a scan of that HP backglass. Looks great.

#10511 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Bill are you looking to get a backglass or a translite made? Bgresto has the art on file so he can make you a backglass.

The $350 price tag kills it for me.

#10512 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Send him a scan of your left slingshot plastic and maybe he’ll reciprocate with a backglass scan.

In a heartbeat.

2 weeks later
#10633 5 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

8 ball was a bonus.

One helluva bonus. Nice score!

1 week later
#10732 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

My very first pin!
[quoted image]

Found laying in bottom of game:

1 tilt bob
1 screw
2 washers
1 piece of popcorn

#10743 5 years ago
Quoted from Cdemuro:

Just got Strange Science!
[quoted image]

Looks great with the blue neon.

1 week later
#10812 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Scored this rare bird today. Looks like they only made 10. Weird Roger Sharpe game?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WTF? How does THAT suddenly crawl out of the woodwork? Beautiful.

1 month later
#11159 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Brought home a Houdini NIB!!!!!
Psyche!!!! It was really Scared Stiff!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Rob Thomas at Game Exchange!!!

Next time you might want to think about using a bigger truck.

#11172 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Does part of a machine(s) count?
[quoted image]
There was one playfield in particular that made me go look at the rest. . .
[quoted image]
All of the playfields are nothing more than parts donors. I've always thought I'd like to own a Time Fantasy one day -- this one will have to do even if just as art on the wall.
[quoted image]
Looks a bit better after cleaning off years of dust.
[quoted image]

How many Xenon's do you have there?

1 month later
#11759 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

What the?....Never seen one of those, love the arrwork and the playfield looks really fun.

Phoebe brings one to Expo every now and again.

1 week later
#11904 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Excited to have found this one!
[quoted image]

Quoted from BenB:

Awesome game! I totally did that green!

My favorite cabinet art (was my avatar for awhile). Congrats!

#11911 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Wait a minute... I always thought that your avatar was from Scooby Doo.
Spooky Space Kook.

You are correct! But before that I had one of the hooded figures from Catacomb.

1 month later
#12279 4 years ago

Machine #1 loaded.

F3761EE9-0665-47A3-8BB2-E5762B2553F3 (resized).jpegF3761EE9-0665-47A3-8BB2-E5762B2553F3 (resized).jpeg
#12280 4 years ago

Machine #2 loaded. Proof that you CAN fit TWO widebodies in a Honda Pilot and still have room for parts.

D46DA62D-B238-4664-9560-F0DEBA66682D (resized).jpegD46DA62D-B238-4664-9560-F0DEBA66682D (resized).jpeg7D282C10-545A-4428-97DB-FDC2F3FFDC4F (resized).png7D282C10-545A-4428-97DB-FDC2F3FFDC4F (resized).png26010600-47D2-411B-B6FE-BFB747A14A1D (resized).jpeg26010600-47D2-411B-B6FE-BFB747A14A1D (resized).jpegB79B3BE6-10E6-4654-9A1F-2594D2C09587 (resized).jpegB79B3BE6-10E6-4654-9A1F-2594D2C09587 (resized).jpeg3A8BFE12-F3F1-4EB8-9FC7-46AB7B5FC6E7 (resized).jpeg3A8BFE12-F3F1-4EB8-9FC7-46AB7B5FC6E7 (resized).jpeg541F81BC-3A67-4C25-B52C-29DB98D8B95E (resized).jpeg541F81BC-3A67-4C25-B52C-29DB98D8B95E (resized).jpeg662ABA49-8B6E-4500-810E-24C0B66D40B0 (resized).jpeg662ABA49-8B6E-4500-810E-24C0B66D40B0 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#12425 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Boom![quoted image]

It's a Bally 6803 for sure and the only one that fits your comment is Special Force, IMO.

#12460 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not pinball but something I have been wanting for a long time and it is finally here-a restored Paperboy!

I saw this post and thought the game you need to go with it is 720. And then........there it is.

#12474 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Good find. The bigger question is why/how is it the body is positioned that way in your vehicle?

To get the playfield in the selfie, of course!

#12518 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Picked up my first EM - Super Clean, only needs a few minor things. Stoked!!![quoted image]

Man that game was a quarter gobbler in the arcade. It was one of those that let you think you were going to win a game, then drain before you could.

#12529 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

2013 Trek Premium. My 2002 4Runner started shuttering as I pulled up to sellers house. Coil pack misfire, check engine light came on half way home. I was like oh boy. But I made it. Great SUV for pinballs, gets fixed Monday.[quoted image]

The Enterprise will always get you home.

1 week later
#12667 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Data east Batman/ police force
They were Free !!!

Dude!!!

#12671 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Yesterday turned out to be a Classic Stern Haul-A-Day for me.

You’re killing me. Where are you finding this stuff?

#12672 4 years ago

If you want to sell your old populated Cheetah playfield let me know.

Oh and send that Dragonfist playfield out for reproduction!

#12674 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I like to think it has something to do with being fair and nice to people. . . maybe karma returns the favor?

I think this is a big part of it.

#12678 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

That is hilarious, You are probably the talk of the maid staff. You should leave them some quarters so they can play a few games.

Happens all the time at shows. The hotel at Expo actually gets pissed if you take games up to your room.

#12686 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Well, maids got tired of playing pinball so time to move on. Loaded "Stardust" back up, along with "Nugent" - time to head back to Cleveland![quoted image]

What are the odds you and jesperpark pick up a Stardust in the same week?

#12716 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Up at 4 AM. On the road before 5 AM. More than two hours in the car to hit a garage sale on Craigslist with no contact information and one picture of a pinball machine added the night before. No price listed. Talked myself into going last night and I'm glad I did.[quoted image]

Well don’t just tease us with a pic of the coin door. Give us a glimpse of that sexy artwork.

#12786 4 years ago

Get that Xenon playfield now while you can.

#12817 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Best day ever!
Got a nice 8BDLE, a restored Skateball, and Fast Eddie brought me a crate of 80’s records.

The albums are the icing on the cake!

1 week later
#12910 4 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Allentown cleaned out my inventory. First machine going on the trailer for York. Have 2 1/2 months to fill it.[quoted image]

Great game, like it a lot.

1 week later
#13003 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just finished taking a magical journey through Brooklyn and Queens to Long Island. Retro Gaming Expo at the Aviation Museum. Cool venue.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was just going to say, out of all those pics the Hokus Pokus was the highlight for me.

#13007 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The premium version is better!

Is the premium version the one with a backglass? If so, I have a pro.

#13027 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Your an animal Colson! Your gonna need a bigger gameroom.

He is an animal, but he doesn't need a bigger gameroom. Look at his collection and history.....once he's tired of a game he sells it and if he ever decides he needs it back he just goes and buys another one.

#13029 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

LMAO. There’s probably 40 or 50 games in my history that I would’ve never sold if I had a bigger game room. Or maybe a warehouse.

Where's the fun in that? Think of all the selfies you'd be missing out on!

#13032 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You want something more like “provocative project”? That one’s for you @beelzeboob. [quoted image]

OMG!!!! What a SEXY pic......and you don’t look to bad either!

#13132 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

There are many wide body pins that play exceedingly well. IMHO most wide bodies don't play well due to not being setup correctly, my Circus is a prime example, set on a 5 degree slope it is slow and listless with the ball floating around, but at 6 degrees it plays like a beast, fast despite a more open PF and it really compliments the variety of shots you need to make.
Love that space invaders Colson, it is another that when set up right it rocks!!

Every game has its sweet spot. I’m not a believer in setting the game where the manufacturer recommends. That’s for consistency in the arcades. Experiment....find the slope that plays best for you.

#13133 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Slow and listless describes things well.
Shows are such a crapshoot sometimes, sellers should take more care in setup. I'm assuming you want to make a good impression on a buyer.
I'll play a game that has some much slope you can't get the ball up a ramp and the next one will be set so shallow that the ball needs a GPS while traveling from point A to B.
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Played a Future Spa that was like that and I wanted to like the title, very cool backglass animation too.

My friend and I decided some people set their games so shallow that players will walk away after the first ball, minimizing the wear and tear on their game. That’s akin to bringing dead games to shows just to get free admission.

#13189 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

(beware of rug-pissers tough ...)

Haha! That brings back memories. When I was a kid, probably 12-13, a friend and I went to a hotel downtown that had a small game room next to the pool.

We dropped a couple quarters in a Gottlieb EM and started playing. He had a terrible game and was so mad he whipped it out and pissed on the carpet. I couldn’t believe it. I went back a few times after that, but it always felt weird to be there.

1 week later
#13380 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:It’s been a long time since I could post in this forum. I fit a wide body pin, one unpopulated playfield and seven populated playfields in my Toyota Highlander.
6E764A2D-0874-4CCF-867D-2AD0A814FF14.gif6E764A2D-0874-4CCF-867D-2AD0A814FF14.gif
#13393 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Won't hold settings for some reason. I've tried a slew of different batteries, all of which should be good.
And my P2 and P4 displays won't work no matter what I do.
The good things: it seems to play fine, with the caveats above. One of the pops isn't registering all the way around and needs some adjustment, or maybe just repositioning on the spoon. The glass is minty and the cab is pretty damn nice. The PF is kinda ugly but not atypical for high speed I don't think. It's 'good enough' until the hardtop gets here.
I suppose I'll send all the boards off to be gone through and bulletproofed ($200) and I'll figure out what to do with the displays. Hopefully I can keep it under $1500 with all the work done to it. That'd be nice.[quoted image]

Don’t rush off and send your boards out yet. We can probably fix it cheaper. Displays are most likely outgassed.

#13395 4 years ago

Fix it bill fix it!
Heh, I don't think it necessarily needs boards rebuilt but it never hurts.
It does let me work through settings and then play fine.. Just won't save them once I turn it off. Bleh.

Start a new thread and we’ll help you with it.

2 weeks later
#13535 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

A 1981 Stern Viper

Beautiful!!

#13554 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ok. We need captions for this photo. I'll start with; "Some dummy forgot to drill finger holes in this thing!"

"Fascinating......there's a game larger than Hercules."

2 weeks later
#13667 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

NICE, needs a scrubbin' though!!!

Sure does! I just shopped one a couple weeks ago that looked like that. It was 4 hours of work.

1 month later
#14221 4 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Not quite, but good guess! Special Force has joined our ranks, and we're glad to have it on the squad - at least, once we fix the rusty rails and dead flipper.
Picked it up for dirt cheap, with the seller even suggesting a retheme.

At right: the Firepower that I picked up two weeks ago, for even cheaper, and forgot to post in this thread.

This reminds me that several years ago I too bought a Special Force and Firepower, in a package deal, with the FP being super cheap. Good times. Congrats!

2 weeks later
#14357 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Oh, man. A classic. One of the only video games I used to play fairly regularly. "Bite the dust....space cadet!"

"Hahahaha"

1 week later
#14503 4 years ago

Traded Funhouse back to its previous owner for this. My first game from this decade er.... century!
26459700-3273-4546-AD1A-FC0F2AFD4750 (resized).jpeg26459700-3273-4546-AD1A-FC0F2AFD4750 (resized).jpegC5BF2C40-C419-457A-BB31-B7827432CDCE (resized).jpegC5BF2C40-C419-457A-BB31-B7827432CDCE (resized).jpegA86118E6-F4F8-42FC-A3D6-F18031657F01 (resized).jpegA86118E6-F4F8-42FC-A3D6-F18031657F01 (resized).jpeg77E12533-1F45-4186-A7B4-1E0078B2BC7A (resized).jpeg77E12533-1F45-4186-A7B4-1E0078B2BC7A (resized).jpeg

#14517 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

MET is a fantastic game. Don’t you have a Tron next to it too?

Pics were taken by previous owner. I wish I had a Tron!

1 week later
#14578 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Dolly Parton & Fast Draw , CPR is doing Playfield etc for Dolly. Wade Krause doing Fast Draw . Both will make nice restorations.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is CPR doing a one-off Dolly for you? I don’t see it on their site.

#14580 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

must be restoring his, I had NOS Dolly playfield back a few years ago. Wish I would have kept it.

Friend of mine had a nice Dolly at TPF two years ago and sold it there. He regrets it........but he has another one. It needs everything.

#14610 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Last night-
A players Meteor and a really nice Amazon Hunt- $300........................for both [quoted image]

Congrats! That was an awesome deal. I’m bummed I missed it.

#14625 4 years ago

Even came with a retro 80's ashtray.

Bet it still stinks too.

#14665 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBfromNC:

My very first pinball. I got an EM from a guy 30 minutes away. She’s a little rough around the edges, but she’ll crank up and play just fine right now.

Great game. Fast!

3 weeks later
#14892 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Doctor Who holding down the end spot. What an ass kicker this thing is![quoted image]

Exterminate! Exterminate!!!

2 months later
#15431 3 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Picked up a Stern Ali project today, really good condition for an Ali machine, backglass is really great.

He only fights right handed, eh?

#15509 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Figured I’d buy another project, from my favorite manufacturer. I bought it at a fair price, but probably should have waited for pin prices to go into a Freefall....
The seller disclosed a few hacks on the game, and it needs a few fixes, but it plays a game. It’ll need a new backglass but it’s a title I’ve only played a few games on so I’m looking forward to fixing it up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice pick up John! You have a nice unmolested apron......mine has a big old gawdy sticker on it.
1AA9B1A4-7F62-4731-A30F-75A0D38A3DA0 (resized).jpeg1AA9B1A4-7F62-4731-A30F-75A0D38A3DA0 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#15607 3 years ago

It's Gilligan's Island.........no phone, no lights, no motor cars....not a single luxury.

#15619 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image][quoted image]

OMG Colsond3 she has your smile!

#15690 3 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Thank god the back glass survived.

At least it would’ve been in the right hands if it did break. You are the glass man.

2 weeks later
#15889 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Almost there ....
[quoted image]

Dude, if I'd known you were coming here I would've invited you over for a little social distancing pinball.

#15974 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Heading home
[quoted image]

Is that a reflection or is there broccoli under the glass?

#16030 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

New interconnect harness on the way and will rebuild J6 using the good pins from the old interconnect. Have been unable to source new pins or I'd just grab 100 or so.

Can’t you use standard Molex .156 pins from GPE? This doesn’t use the bifurcated pins like Sys-80.

#16060 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I was racing against the weather on Friday to bring home another Classic Stern.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
On the way home there was LIGHTNING outside and inside the Jeep!

Looks to be in great shape!

#16092 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I picked up this beauty. The owner bought it on eBay, new in box. It won’t power on, so I got it for a good deal.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s very cool!

#16107 3 years ago

Somehow I missed it. Maybe we need a resurrection.

#16113 3 years ago

RustyLizard picks up a Pinball Lizard.

#16210 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

WTH? Apparently I now bring home games while I’m doing yardwork.
My buddy just stopped by and dropped this off in my driveway. He sold it to a guy a few years back, and got a call that it would light up but stopped booting. When he got there, the guy asked if he would just buy it back.
He drove it here, thinking I would want it. I’m at capacity, so I’d be happy to pass it on for the $700 I gave him for it if anybody wants it. It’s still sitting in the garage for easy pick up...today.
Might be the MPU dropping below 5V. If somebody in this thread wants it quickly, I’ll even do $650 if it’s a game somebody was looking for.
I haven’t set it up, but looks like a pretty nice example. BG does have some touchups. PF is pretty nice. He shopped it before he sold it, did a good amount of work. New beehive, new drop targets, new pop caps, plastics are all in great shape. Rebuilt the flips and pops.
And it has an original Stingray key fob.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wish you were closer.

#16239 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

24 hour roundtrip to pickup this beauty; seemed appropriate to document a Circle K stop.
Guess what honey, this trip's not for a pinball!
[quoted image]

Who you gonna call?

#16351 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Picked up this Ship Ahoy yesterday. Not sure I needed another project but how can you not when you see one at a rummage sale. Needs a bunch of inserts re-glued but should clean up good.
[quoted image]

When you see a pinball machine at a rummage/garage sale for a good price, it doesn’t matter what it is, you HAVE to buy it. State law.

2 weeks later
#16621 3 years ago

Yeah, definitely a good laugh out of that. But I was nice and tried to be helpful, not figuring it would amount to anything for me personally, and then I got my chance.
As suspected, the batteries were SUPER old and a giant mess. A quick scraping (this won't be my permanent solution, it was just to quickly test) got it to boot and actually hold settings.

Dated 2001 AND Duracells.....no surprise there.

#16682 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Oh ive offered. They just dont care. They had no idea there was a multiball because the lower flipper cant hit the lock. They are moving next month nkw though.
I may have mentioned how they probably wouldnt want to have to move it again

Upper floor of duplex + sheer weight of game + not knowing how to take it apart, they may rethink that decision.

On the bright side.... if they do take it with them, you won’t have to look at it every day anymore.

#16739 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I thought Cleo has a white cab yours is yellow .

It’s Solar Ride, just has the wrong backglass in the game.

1 week later
#16881 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

8 hours of driving to pick up my 9th machine...fitting that it is a Stern Nine Ball! The seller broke the playfield glass 5 minutes before I arrived, but luckily 99% of it went to the floor and I found only a few chunks inside. Machine is working but will need some typical TLC, cleaning and un-hacking to make her shine.

Uh oh..... another classic Stern love affair is about to begin.

2 weeks later
#17157 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Not at MY home yet but wanted to share now so I can keep up with Colson.
Been searching for a better condition Bally Flip Flop playfield to drop into my repainted cabinet. Finally found a good donor machine in VA 2 months ago but enlisted the help of a friend in the area and fellow pinsider justagefehler to pickup today and store for another month until I can pickup.
This game hooked me in the summer of '76 and this makes the 5th Flip Flop I have owned in over 31 years of collecting.
Still looking the sample version that has a metal top arch and green colored flip flags.

That’s gorgeous! I’d love to get one someday.

2 weeks later
#17371 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Not a great score, and not worth a lot. And a little rough around the edges. No not me, the machine. But interesting because not to many made.
[quoted image]

What game is it?

3 weeks later
#17674 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Just grabbed the nicest DE Simpsons I've ever seen. Thanks spaceport!

Wow! Not even yellowed. Beautiful.

2 months later
#18643 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Brought home .... a classic duo

And the games are good too!

2 weeks later
#18881 3 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Catacomb.....about an 8 hour round trip with the first half in crappy weather, coming home was ok. The freezing rain had melted..

Step 1: Get rid of the Gottlieb flippers.

Oh, and nice backglass!

1 week later
#18963 3 years ago

Time for a little Stars 2020 love.

1 week later
#19089 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

First pinball pickup of 2021 -- a game from the 90s based on a futuristic movie that takes place in 2021.
I watched the movie the night before pickup. . . I give it credit for at least getting the global pandemic prediction right.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Did you notice my lunch? I love me an oven fired thin crust pizza.

Congrats! The game is even better than the movie.

#19091 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

movie wasnt that bad. I mean it wasnt winning any awards.... but it was fun. lol

I edited my statement. I didn’t mean to imply the movie is bad.

3 weeks later
#19245 3 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Y'all I can't even believe the score I got on this today. 5 hours on the freezing Texas roads (we're not used to this stuff!) and honestly blown away the CL seller held his word on his listed price. The seller was flipping a house and the homeowner had told him to just chuck it in the dumpster! Thank goodness he didn't! Anyone know where to get the prototype cabinet stencils?
My first to pass through TNT's hands. WTF is going on with this Alltek battery addition? Can't complain, the price was right! [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice score! Great game, fast. Yours is in great shape.

3 weeks later
#19510 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Who likes ‘em “thick”? And why’d they make them so heavy?
I thought the “Mars God of War” was a wide body @ 25 1/2”
Then came Laser Ball measuring in at 29”!
That’s a lot of playfield !

Guarantee the Mars weighs more though.

10 months later
#22827 2 years ago

Thanks, it's been a few years coming. I'm shopping an EXTREMELY DIRTY Bad Cats in my shop and it'll get swapped for the Taxi when my friend takes possession of it. I really don't plan on making any more moves for a bit... I'm tired lol.

Looking at the TV in your last pic, you should've taken the pic 30 minutes earlier (shameless ‘Manifest’ plug).

3 weeks later
#22986 2 years ago

Turns out the free Pac Man I got works!!! I thought it had a board issue but I plugged the board into my Ms. Pac Man and it worked perfectly! Had to play with the monitor adjustments a lot but it’s getting there!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looked like Pac-Matrix.

#23017 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Since pin related beer is fair game here, my latest. Highly recommended. [quoted image]

I wonder if we can get that around here.

1 month later
#23316 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

It’s a project. Very nice bg. Some planking on the pf, but should be quite playable.

That's a bit nostalgic for me. Flicker was the first coin-op game I ever played.

#23319 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Never played it. How did you like it? (Is the fun value going to equal the work to get it up and playing?)

At the time, compared to tabletop toy pins, I loved it. It's not a stinker by any means, but today I would much rather play other Ballys of the era: Hokus Pokus, Hi Deal, Hi Lo Ace, Bow and Arrow, Flip Flop, Hang Glider.

4 weeks later
#23536 1 year ago

Motordome

3 weeks later
#23691 1 year ago

@!#?@!

1 month later
#24074 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

This rare bird was delivered last night. Plays fast and furious and out of only 100 made this has to be one of the nicest survivors. Just look at that shooter lane, omg!

Beautiful! I want to get me one of those to restore.

3 weeks later
#24272 1 year ago

I just looked this one up the other day because I had never heard of it. It looks like a fun game! Nice pickup.

It is a fun game. My friend picked one up and found a repro backglass at Expo, so he'll probably restore the game. I'll have to take you over there to play it next time you're in town.

1 month later
#24668 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

VW ID.4 (was the dumbest EV car name, but now Toyota took the crown with their new bZ4X)

Not the first dumb name VW has had:
Thing
Toe rag

3 weeks later
#24853 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

First stop was in Kansas and although I didn’t see Dorothy or Toto, something even nicer jumped into the truck. More details to reveal later but I need to trek back to Missouri for the other pickup.

Damn! I would’ve gone down there for that.

#24859 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

This place cracks me up. I swear it is a gas station and not an adult bookstore.
[quoted image]

This one makes me laugh. I don’t think they’re trying to advertise their restrooms, though.
4E33A7EA-2FDB-4845-B6D2-BBF4C22DD8F7 (resized).jpeg4E33A7EA-2FDB-4845-B6D2-BBF4C22DD8F7 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#25250 1 year ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

[quoted image]

You went hunting.

2 months later
#26069 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Made my first trade this weekend, very happy about who came home with me!
[quoted image]

"Right turn, Clyde." Oh wait..... wrong movie.

#26097 1 year ago

Tx...tx...tx....

#26129 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Big Game and Seawitch arrived today.
Big Game came with a Spare partially populated playfield, 4 flipper rebuild kit, spare board, spare spinners.
Seawitch came with a new playfield, new back glass, new plastic set.

Is that pebbled shower glass on the Seawitch?

1 month later
#26416 11 months ago

Couldn't tell my buddy no since I've been vaguely interested in this one for a bit. Needs some work but I think it'll clean up okay.
[quoted image]

“Shoot the ion cannon! Shoot the ion cannon!”

3 weeks later
#26550 10 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Long day! Drove nonstop 6:30am to 8:30pm from San Jose to Orange County and back to sell Houdini and pickup Zeppelin LE. This game is so clean and perfect, I didn’t even bother to turn it on. Have my sights on a Black Knight LE next and then it’s pin rehab time LOL.

You sure Black Knight next? Or will it be Foo Fighters? You’re on a rock band kick.

#26552 10 months ago

PF topper giving it a run for its money.

#26554 10 months ago

PF = Pulp Fiction

2 months later
#26988 8 months ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Wide body get! 1981 Gottlieb Volcano in fantastic condition.

It's going to blow.

2 weeks later
#27113 7 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I have a question....
What's with the walls? or the stuff on them?

That's his projector screen for video games. You can see all the holes from throwing the controller at it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.