(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,335 posts
  • 1,574 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 381 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,547 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2686 (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_2685 (3) (resized).jpg
E32CA4C4-B7C8-4B04-8CE2-0D2C130F4F51 (resized).jpeg
20191208_145131 (resized).jpg
20191208_145120 (resized).jpg
1A730987-70CA-404B-9B4A-BEF1E1BB7CEA (resized).jpeg
C5D32742-DD12-4B73-99DE-C63EB7BB058C (resized).jpeg
6ED9FB8B-10DE-4465-B5FD-E0B155C2BAD8 (resized).jpeg
9EB897FD-B3B9-4FBD-86C8-59E0E8B5180B (resized).jpeg
D5AB158E-43E0-4928-B74F-4D845AB6B96E (resized).jpeg
A1645188-647C-4625-A454-994D89A32F6A (resized).jpeg
F6EDBA65-E88B-4920-869C-AB81CB6D0982 (resized).jpeg
8FADA16D-20B0-405D-8624-B9CC7001FD8B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191207_140759 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I actually got this about a week ago, but thought I would post it anyway.
I ran out of room in one of the bedrooms I stole for a game room while I finish the basement in my new house. Well, lets just say I ran out of room. My wife loved playing WoZ so much before I bought one that she told me to put it in the dining room for now. Best wife ever!
WoZ 3.jpg
WoZ 4.jpg
WoZ 1.jpg
WoZ 2.jpg

Where does one find a wife like that?
Crikes, my wife craps a l load every time I bring a $100 project home..

4 weeks later
#1624 3 years ago

Those Zacks are kind of cool

3 weeks later
#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Picked up my first 90's pin this past weekend. Really excited as I've been mostly a vid guy up until the past year and only had an EM up until now. Also, my first post

FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

Hope you don't plan on leaving it there in that direct sunlight. It will fade quickly.

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

I really gotta quit looking at craigslist.
IMG_0419_(resized).jpg
IMG_0420_(resized).jpg
Tolerably decent example of a 1939 Bally Champion that mostly works. Needs some wax and rubber and perhaps a cabinet repaint.

Yeah, I eyed that listing as well. Too many projects, not enough time (or room).

1 week later
#1760 3 years ago

That the AAB version of Grand slam, correct? Love the way the backbox & backglass art blends together. Don't know why they did not do that on more pins.

2 months later
#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

The rubber protectors I bought did not slide on my floor. I went with a sticky back felt pads 1.5" diameter bought at Lowes. They will protect the floor and allow you to move the game for repairs or maintaince.

.... or maybe set the tilt pretty loose & get some good slider saves..

1 week later
#2276 3 years ago

Looks like some add-a-ball pin...

1 week later
#2382 3 years ago

Well, it's not a Chicago coin, or Williams.....

1 week later
#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I have seen a lot worse...(not my home).
The collector had no wife for a reason.

That couch looks out of place in there.

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'm finally the owner of a Old Chicago, never owned one before so I'm looking forward to putting a little time on this one.

Welcome to the club John - my $120 OC is getting close to first start up after many months of labor. I love these mid-70's Bally EM's! -- well, everything except those damn light sockets.

2 weeks later
#2612 3 years ago

Metallica rules, good choice.

1 week later
#2669 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

FINALLY acquired one of my grails. Bally Star Trek. I'm a huge fan of the show and plan on eventually having all of the Star Trek pins. Been searching for a great example at the right price for over a year. 700+ miles later and I couldn't be happier!!!

Those early Bally SS pins rock. Congrats!

1 week later
#2751 3 years ago

Well, if you want to make it unique, CPR is offering this:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/hammer.html

#2788 3 years ago

A properly tuned Aztec is damn fast with those DC pop bumpers.
My first EM & still have it.

#2791 3 years ago

Seems like O-din is sporting a new woody every week.

1 week later
#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Bally Night Rider. Was in an Aladdins' Castle in Florida . Another clean example.

Nice!

#2863 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hahaha never noticed that little gem before. SILVERBUTT MANIA!

Ha!
At the 2013 NW pin show, a buddy of mine (who has the pin) went to a presentation by Kevin O'Conner - the artist on this pin -, & he got up & directly asked about the "graphic" artwork.......

#2868 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

GBLE, finally in the house! Asked my wife to drag it in cause I had a hang nail ...

Can I borrow your wife next time I need a pin moved?

#2878 3 years ago
Quoted from MCE_LLC:

I'm fairly new to this and am taking the bottom feeder approach for two reasons. It doesn't cost as much if I ruin a machine while I learn how to work on them. I also have my discretionary pinball spending throttled (wife card). This is my third pin since March and second nonfunctional pin. This one will be my first SS project.

You picked a good one to learn on. Those Bally SS pins are great.

#2883 3 years ago
Quoted from MCE_LLC:

I think a repaint may be in the future down the road.

http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=1234

Word on the street is Pinball pimp's stencil kits are the bomb.

1 week later
#2918 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Seconding you finishing this story...

I think I have a video somewhere....

1 month later
#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It seems like I haven't added anything to this thread in a while.
But yesterday, I picked up a Black Hole. Same owner for about 30 years. It had been stored in a basement for several years after it stopped working, so it was covered in dust and mouse droppings. The keys were missing, so I had to drill both locks.
Cab is rough, MPU has battery damage (and did not boot), but the playfields and backglasses are pretty good.
The giant sticker is actually a decal on the underside of the playfield glass, and not on the apron. (whew)

Would love to find a decent "project" Black hole, I remember that when it came out on route. Was really different than anything else at the time! Nice find.

3 weeks later
#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

My first entry in this thread with TWO games...a good day, indeed.

Nice -- two great EM titles!
Ever worked on one before? If not, here's your bible http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Show us the outside of your van.

You need a shot of it parked down by the river.

#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

On further review, Surf Champ plays like a champ, with a couple of switches that need to be cleaned and gapped. This winter, I'm going to tear it down and touch up the PF. Grand Prix needs a little more work. Something is up with the coin and player units, as it wants to go to a four player game immediately, but then ends after ball 1, player 1. Everything seems to work fine, but it's a little sluggish and the chimes are...well...you know, Wms. I think it will be just fine after a thorough cleaning.

I recall Williams chimes being substandard even back in the day when they were new
I mean, really, it's just a solenoid hitting an aluminium bar. How hard could it have been to make it sound good?

#3540 3 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Picked up a 1956 United's Brazil EM today for almost nothing. Its an unusual table in that it has no flippers, I think the table tilts but am not sure. The backglass is a total goner:
But the insides and table are in almost mint condition

That is known as a "bingo" pin. Here's a link on just about everything you need to know... https://bingo.cdyn.com/

The repair section is extremely well done.

These were a gambling device found in bars & such.

#3565 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My friend Surfsidedetail hooked me up with this real nice Flash Gordon today.
Thanks buddy!

NICE!
That era Bally is my favorite.

#3611 3 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

what up with the chrome lady next to earthshaker?

Sex toy.

#3615 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

A tight fit, but restoration pins anyway

NICE!
Two of my faves

1 week later
#3718 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

The King rock I picked up on the last page left today. An early birthday gift for my dad. He played King Kool in college and was pretty excited today when me and the boy surprised him.

Looks to be in nice shape!
Ditch the LED's though.

#3730 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Lol. I hear ya. I got tired of going over to change bulbs on the pioneer sitting beside of it that I gave him several years back. I never have to change the LEDs and he would prefer to just play instead of work on it. I do respect the opinion of incandescent bulbs though.

Yeah changing bulbs can be a pain in the butt.
If you did not put 455 flasher bulbs behind the "king rock" on the back glass, you should. That's what was in there originally, & it really looks good when the pin is in "attract" mode & they turn off once a game is started- I'm guessing to reduce glare on the play field?

#3786 3 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Just picked up this craigslist score. Other than the coin door being practically rusted shut I think she will clean up nice.

Love the backglass artwork melding into the backbox paint scheme. I would repaint the cabinet taking care that it matches the backglass colors.

#3803 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Had a nice little pickup this morning.
Speakeasy
Eight Ball Deluxe
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Wow. Nice haul!

2 weeks later
#3860 2 years ago

Need to paint that cabinet to go along with the sweet playfield!

1 week later
#3927 2 years ago

Frontier!
I want one so bad....

2 weeks later
#4038 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Replaced the Christmas tree with this!

Cabinet colors won't last long in that location if it has the original paint.

2 weeks later
#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

Bringing this baby back from the dead !

Nice - now that's one project pin I have been looking for.

1 week later
#4199 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I wasn't going to post this until I saw the operator's stamp on the bottom of the cabinet. Do you guys/gals want me to keep posting my pin pick-ups or are these same old, same old?
Another Aztec, this one had gotten lots of TLC. Came with original manual and schematics, Williams coin box with lid, backbox backdoor, a piece of thin plywood that goes over the playfield glass and some goodies for shopping the pin. The playfield is a 9+, the backglass typically poor as all Aztecs I have seen are, maybe a little bit better, and the cabinet is good.

I have been able to track this much of this machines history - it has been from Houston to New Mexico, to Phoenix and now to Tucson.

Aztec is the fastest EM I have played and that makes it worth owning. That and ripping the spinner for a thousand a crack is a rush!

Indeed, it's a damn fast EM. I have my Aztec on the local Craigslist, gotta make room for fresh restores....& I'm more of a Bally / Gottlieb guy.

1 week later
#4286 2 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I traded my Ghostbusters Premium and cash considerations for Hobbit Smaug HUO. Needs a tech to get it dialed in but otherwise it's amazing

A tech to dial it in? Seriously?

3 weeks later
#4477 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Picked up yesterday down in Indianapolis. Cleanest inside of any EM I've ever had. It needs a good shop as I think the rubber rings and bulbs are still from 1977.

Wow, that IS clean!

#4515 2 years ago

Have a lead on a not working classic Stern Seawitch @ $100. No idea of condition.
Going to look tomorrow, but don't see how I can pass at that price... pics to follow.

Any opinions on this pin? Good / Bad

#4523 2 years ago

Picked up the $100 Seawitch this morning. The guy had this for nine years stored in his home. He never had it running.
The good:
Overall physical condition is decent - cab paint acceptable, backglass has minor flaking (looks good unlit), playfield wear not too bad (left upper flipper wear mostly), plastics good, and all boards are there. Oh - & it was an easy load out.
The bad:
Wiring hacks abound. Wires soldered directly to boards, has some automotive crimp connectors here & there. Looks like I will get some quality solder time in on this one.

IMG_0257 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_0280 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_0264 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_0261 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_0263 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_0260 (Medium) (resized).JPG

Interesting - it has the "Brick" bottom board.

IMG_0290 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_0292 (Medium) (resized).JPG

Still had the original battery, no leakage! hooray. Yes, it has been cut out.

#4526 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Terrible! Sell it to me...
A solid game by most accounts. Not as pretty as Fathom, but more fun?

Quoted from bluespin:

I hate it even more than Fytr! Sell it to me! I am looking for a Seawitch to restore as my first project.
Did I mention how much I hate this pin?

Sorry guys, it's too nice to move w/o repairing & playing it for a while. It's a keeper I think.

2 weeks later
#4579 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Totally ripped the headliner of a 15k car, but i got a new pinball machine! Who cares!!?

Just get a little pickup & be done with the hassle.

#4587 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

And throw my kids in the flatbed if i need to go somewhere

That's why they make extra & double cabs.

#4591 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Got 2 in a package deal...wasnt really looking for more pins as the gameroom is filling up but a friend really needed them gone quickly so here they are..both games have actually been here before, I bought the CBW about 3 years ago in a package deal. Then it was sold to a friend who sold it to a friend. The guy he sold it to had the Johnny already but the hand didnt work , had some switch errors, and was filthy so he asked me to bring it home, repair, clean and add LEDs some time last year......CBW is in players condition, the playfield is in really good shape but the cab is not, plays 100%...Johnny plays fast and playfield is in fantastic shape but wow look at that cabinet fade, must have spent years near a window. Im not sure yet if I will put on new cab decals or just sell it as is...
Both will be up for sale soon

Hmm, that cue ball wizard looks tempting..

#4625 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

This machine never gets any love. I am so happy I have mine. It's really grown on me.

Mine has been in storage for a couple of years. As I recall, it needs to have the switches recapped. I may drag it back out.

#4660 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

They painted everything! The only thing that is really a loss is the apron, when cleaning the paint off it took the original paint and bally logos with it. I'm looking for another nice apron now or at least a decal, without luck so far.

Too bad that Pinball rescue quit making Williams & Bally apron decals, they really do a nice job. We can thank PPS for that. If we are lucky(?), PPS will license Action pinball to make some substandard reproductions, as is their custom.

1 week later
#4751 2 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Picked up my First NIB after 71 pins.

MET would be my first choice of NIB too. Great pin!!

1 week later
#4872 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

An Old Chicago and a Firepower? I am in pinball heaven! And I am always happy to get EMs in this kind of condition. Both Blue Max, my first Chicago Coin restoration, and Liberty Bell should be fun to work on and are very welcome additions at the PPPP.

Old Chicago -Paint the wood rails on the playfield - really makes a huge difference. Can be a brutal player, great for home use.

2 weeks later
#5018 2 years ago

Nice looking pin. Klondike is the first pin that I remember playing on location as a kid, fun game & I could actually win credits on it!

#5042 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Super excited to land a Star Race. Gorgeous pin! Extra wide!

Tough pin to find. The backglass art on that is really stunning, the sound package would drive me nuts though...

1 week later
#5147 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Because games like this don't come around to often..I'm glad that I got her..

Love the two player versions!

1 week later
#5215 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Me got you....again. Brought this back home from the guy in Long Island I sold it to last year. Didn't hesitate given the excellent condition and NOS backglass.
And in true pinball illness form, checked out the ol' let go app on the way up and found a second game in Brooklyn to pick up on the way home. I have issues.

I see an Old Chicago there.. nice! fun pin, those lower pops right above the "outlanes" are butal.

I did a restoration on a $120 beater last year & it turned out really, really nice. The pinball pimp stencil set is top drawer & the CPR repro backglass is superb.

#5224 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm going to hit you up as I go through this one then...if you don't mind. Has a few issues, and might need some pics. Backglass on this one is perfect though...definitely a bonus. Pops down there are brutal on every game that has them, had a Fan-Tas-Tic before, and I like how it makes gameplay different having them right near the flips. But while fun, they can pop it right down the drain too.

You have to be quick with the flippers to save it a lot of the time.

4 weeks later
#5444 2 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Somehow ended up with this one today

Damn, that's too bad.

3 weeks later
#5664 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ive got my NIB TRon LE and a Star Trek LE coming next week. My wife is going to walk into the garage and see them. I do not think she will be happy. Wish me luck. If I disappear off the forum, you probably have an idea of what happened to me.

Damn. I salute you.

#5670 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Bonus points if you're standing there naked with a beer when the garage door opens. How could she be mad

no photos, please.

2 weeks later
#5898 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

180,000 miles on the old Tacoma, and it still gets me to LA and back whenever necessary.

Bah, low miler you got there - my old '93 Toyota 4x4 just rolled 300,000 & still going strong.

#5900 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's a 2001 and I plan on keeping it forever. 3.4 is the best V-6 they ever made.
I like it so much I bought factory replacement seat covers and foam while they were still available as that is the only thing that's gonna wear out on this truck.

+1 Toyotas rule. You pay more upfront, but they hold their value & last forever.
Been looking at replacing mine with a new Tacoma for the last few years, but it's hard to let go of the old reliable 22RE.
I had an '83 22R 4x4 before the '93 - I really liked the body style, but I needed more room in the cab.

#5916 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A super cherry Blackwater 100 that looks like it's never been played is the second racing theme haul of the day. In this household, theme certainly matters.
I love having Tuesdays off.

& I was just thinking - O-Din needs another pin.

4 weeks later
#6250 2 years ago

Like the pin, hate the idol voice.

3 weeks later
#6467 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Mine was a little, touched up and sealed.
The red is really faded and the Ruushin capsule not in great shape but with some green LED not so bad.
Fun game, it is in our long term line up.

Ruushin capsule?

2 weeks later
#6598 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Grabbed two SS Bally projects pins last week. Looking forward to playing them after getting them up and running for the fist time this century.
~Steveo

I was eyeing those in Roseburg & should have jumped on them dammit.
At least they went to a good home..

1 month later
#6968 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

and the speedo only goes to 85MPH
BTW the 72 Pinto with the 1.6L push rod motor hit a max of 83 mph indicated

Actually, those 1.6 Kent engines are pretty sweet when done right.

3 weeks later
#7247 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Picked up an Elektra, no legs, no keys so I had to drill out one lock. But it was a steal at $500.
Needs work the MPU has acid damage but otherwise looks good.
I am excited, I bought Gorgar from the same guy two months apart both projects. Gorgar was first in so still working on its restore.

Nice pickup - I would have had that in my shop already, but the wife would have killed me...

#7255 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Just got this Flip Flop from a friend yesterday. Pretty fun game.

Something about the Bally pins from that era does it for me.

1 week later
#7372 1 year ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Thank you sir, it's my home and arcade. Haha I technically live here just upstairs. I started out as a collector about 15 plus years ago while in the Marines. Planned on doing 20 years, but got cut short due to injuries. Anyway my wife and I bought this building about 6 years ago and renovated it, took about a year or more and have now been in business for 5 years in May. It's Called Game Over Arcade in Lincoln City Oregon its right on the Oregon coast. If you are ever out this way definitely come by.

Been there several times. Nice place!
I always have wondered, being so close to the ocean -- how difficult is maintenance on those pins with the high humidity?

1 week later
#7428 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Brought this Space Mission home last night. A trip from hell. Cold and slick. So much salt spray on the roads I went through a gallon of windshield wash. Then 5 miles from my destination I discovered my grandson must have the flu. I did my best to clean up most of the barf at a gas station. -5º currently so not sure I can get all the leftover frozen chunks.
Ah well today is a new day and I have a nice game to play.

Nice looking pin

#7473 1 year ago

2FA94976-5D3F-4987-9D8A-5923F90FFFED (resized).jpeg
Picked this project ‘74 Bally Amigo up from fellow pinsider, droptargets.
Third project pin I have bought from him.

#7516 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Picked this up last night.

Stunning artwork.

#7556 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

lol
I got a glass from Shay this week too. Tis the season he's sending them out.
And IMO Bally made some of the best quality backglasses back in the day. You ever see an original Fireball that needed a new one?

Do you suppose the Bally backglasses being in really nice shape was because they were 3/16" glass rather than 1/8"?
Less rapid heat expansion & contraction - just a theory

#7576 1 year ago
Quoted from Mopar:

And like many Old Chicagos, the playfield was really nice and was
so pleased to locate a backglass in like a couple of months.
And then ooch..

Yea, I traded a different glass for a bgresto O.C. Does the trick..
O.C. is a nice game. If I didn't have another, I would have hung onto
that one. How's the Fun Park. I think you more so had your eye on
getting that one in..
If any other trading pieces happen to come in, maybe we can do it
again.. (T)

The CPR repro Old Chicago glass is pretty nice

1 week later
#7660 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hey, that looks familiar. Nice to meet you Spinout. The leds weren't my idea. It came to me that way. I thought all the young guys like them and the only way I can get rid of them is to leave them in a game when I sell it.

Damn whippersnappers.

2 weeks later
#7852 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Now to get the thread back on track…was able to work out a trade deal and ended up with a small Bally in the car

Embryon!
My first love

2 weeks later
#8001 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisRAD:

Old bingo machine from a family members house that recently passed away. Attempting to repair for the family. Excited to take on the challenge.

You moved that with the head on?
What are you gorilla or something - the head alone is heavy as hell

#8017 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not sure if you ever looked at my restoration thread, but after the work I did to this thing somebody would have to pry it out of my dead hands. But if I ever do decide to move it I'll let you know.

Game looks great, but if were me I would ditch those ugly leg protectors & go with the metal Stern ones. JMHO

1 week later
#8084 1 year ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

I've had these a couple of weeks just haven't had the chance to post pics, First one is a Bally Kiss project, It is a mess but it will be resurrected.

Nice LEP project. Looks like most of the pins I have started with. Take your time, you can make a decent pin out of that thing..

#8108 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

A semi-rare gem to add to my restoration que....

Fun pin.. I picked up one of these last year & brought it back from the dead.
Never gave much attention to classic Sterns before I played mine, I gained new respect for them.

1 week later
#8184 1 year ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Damn right I do!

They aren't working girls yet, though... I see them as a project.

They need a good spanking.

3 weeks later
#8350 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Great pin! Could do without your smart ass opinion regarding American pinball players though.

Don't make me come over there & kick your ass.

#8400 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Been way too long since my best bud has come on a pickup with me.

One of the best backglasses IMHO. Sound package is pretty annoying though.........

#8417 1 year ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

Picked up an Embryon not working and a little rough. Oh, in an ice storm. Crazy pinball hobby.

Fun pin, Embryon
My first & still my favorite!

1 week later
#8498 1 year ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Got an LE, cheapest LE on the market!

I have been eyeing that one for a while.....

1 week later
#8574 1 year ago
Quoted from oilspot:

Another cheap beater to fix up for the LEPer colony here..

LEP men rule!

#8579 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you can probably see that thing from space.

No kidding. Pull those LED's & put incandescent bulbs back in.

3 weeks later
#8821 1 year ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Just got home from an epic all day journey. Toddler puke (3 different times!), dog got in the trash at home, truck smelled rancid, 100 degree day, Austin traffic......All Worth It!
I just scored a mint LOTR with 216 balls played (72 games if no extra ball). Spent almost a decade in a storage unit. CL seller who isn't in to the hobby, but an engineer. Nobody has played this game. Bone stock, tested everything, and it's incredibly clean. I tried to buy a different one yesterday from a guy out of state and somebody scooped it up locally. I cant believe I got an even better one a day later! More pics to come. Just wanted to share (and sit down).

May we ask what you paid for this treasure?

1 week later
#8922 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMario:

Hello everyone! I brought home my first machine the other day. It's one most of you are probably familiar with but it was brand new to me. I never really got into pinball when I was a kid, I was a little young for it in the 90's. A friend of a friend was giving it away!! Lucky me! It has 70,971 plays on it and has spent the last 2 decades or so in someones home.
The paint on the cabinet is a little rough but the playfield and backglass are beautiful, I think. And it plays great! I've noticed the swinging target takes a little time to "warm up" before it swings all the way back and forth, i'm not sure if they're all like that. But once it's been on for a few plays it has a much larger range of motion.
Mine doesn't seem to be wired for a conservative mode, unless that's selected by open circuit. And the liberal and medium appear wired together? Maybe I'm misunderstanding it. But we'll cross that bridge if I start breaking 200,000 points on the regular in 3 ball mode. And the number match function I don't fully understand, is it supposed to light up one set of numbers every game? or just every few games? Maybe I have some light bulbs burnt out, but it only occasionally lights up a score to match so I haven't been able to test if it's working.
I'm really looking forward to getting into this wonderful hobby. It's been great fun to play so far and even just the few hours I spent with it last night I've seen my scores and skills improve. Those drop catches to flip up to the "ramp" are tough!!

Looks like a clean example of a fun pin. Enjoy!

#8923 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Brought this home a couple of nights ago! Will be set up tonight!

Killer new Stern. If I was ever tempted to buy a NIB, this might be it......... & I hate Iron Maiden the band..

#8934 1 year ago
Quoted from AJNada:

Very thankful for this one.

My first love ..... still have her.

#8957 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

A big shout out to dangersem for finding me a Super Orbit. it actually wasn't even for sale, but he spotted it in the background of another picture. It didn't work when I got it, but with a good bit of tinkering and some help with some fellow pinsiders pointing me in the right direction, it boots and is mostly playable.
I've been looking for one of these since I played it at PAPA. They don't seem to come up very often.
I'm still nailing down some issues, but it's playable for the most part which is a far cry from not booting when I picked it up. It's sitting in the garage for right now, until I get it working 100% and put on some new legs.
(Before and after LEDs)

That is a rare find

1 month later
#9240 1 year ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

He needs a Bally SuperSonic next.

F14 Tomcat

1 week later
#9300 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t know, but I did again.
[quoted image]

Sick bastard

2 weeks later
#9528 1 year ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

MAJOR project but it was cheap and local. 1957 Gottlieb Super Circus
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is going to look really nice once the wood is refinished...

#9544 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I drove 2 hours from my home to pick these up from a recycler that opened at 8am. A Marilyn Taxi and El Dorado City of Gold. Both missing back glass but both are complete. The Taxi actually works and doesn't appear to have any board damage. Both will clean up really nice and are extremely dirty. But what makes this so sweet is that I paid the asking price of $50 for both games. Can't wait to start on these projects.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The deals are still out there!!!! NICE score.

#9563 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I had a lot of fun playing this one at TPF this year. I actually love the cheeseball art package on this one too. It’s in pretty good physical condition, but unfortunately had a little nicad leakage to sort out. For $175 though...
[quoted image]

Nice. Welcome to the LEP club.

2 months later
#10189 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You are out of control. Throw that Andromeda this way and free up some space for those new games.

Seriously? You calling someone out for being "out of control"?

1 week later
#10256 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Our latest pick up from last week.
Players condition but already had replacement MPU and Pinscore displays.
Fully working but needs some tlc.[quoted image]

Love mine - it's never leaving

#10288 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You keep on shoutin’...you keep on shoutin’ boom pa boom boom pa boom boom pa
And I had a Shay repro glass waiting and powder coated black legs. If anybody needs a backglass let me know. The one in it has some flaking that was repaired, but it’s not bad.

I swear 90% of the pins made went to PA
You guys got it good there, cheap & plentiful.

#10317 1 year ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Deals are out there![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's because you are in PA

1 week later
#10402 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Edited my post with the direct Laseriffic link...I've seen quite a few BSD toppers that were done well. Still haven't grabbed one myself. Sounds like an item for the ol' list for St. Nick!

Like you need more pins....

#10432 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Damn things keep jumping in my car...
[quoted image]

You PA guys are spoiled rotten - pins grow on trees there.......

1 week later
#10503 11 months ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Finally![quoted image]

I want one of those so bad... nice score!

1 week later
#10579 11 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I I basically built this from parts laying around for years and it has turned out better than I was expecting. It wasn’t free but the parts I bought for it were of minimal cost.
[quoted image]

Nice - Welcome to the Low end pin club. No offense, it is an honor.

1 week later
#10634 11 months ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Went for joker poker and 8 ball was a bonus. Last pin purchase for the year.

Damn nice pair of pins!

2 weeks later
#10748 10 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yes it is....on the wishlist but not easy to find at all. CaptainNeo has a cherry example. If anybody has an uninstalled MW kit, I have a Kiss waiting.

Is the MW kit an overlay or new playfield?

#10755 10 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It was a playfield. From what I’ve heard, the kit was a backglass, a playfield, pop caps, plastics and drop targets. On top of having to also repaint the cabinet, you’re pretty much building a brand new game.

Any others like it?

1 week later
#10837 10 months ago
Quoted from stavio:

man this thing is heavy...
[quoted image][quoted image]

.... if I only had the room...

1 month later
#11339 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

Just picked this one up after a 6.5 hour drive this morning. About to head back! Playfield looks good, a few broken plastics but everything else is there. Will need cleanup and the display just reads “Failure” when the machine turns on so some board issues to sort out.
The good news is I got it for $1000 so there’s plenty of room to get it right.

$1000?
SCORE!

2 weeks later
#11527 8 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

More pics [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Take it to KLOV, this is a pinball site

#11582 8 months ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

This game is going to clean up real nice. Glad my oldest boy loves to take a road trip.

Card Whiz is awesome!

#11591 8 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

why would anybody drive 2800 miles for a pinball?

Because it's there

#11647 7 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Careful, people may get upset it's not a pin. LOL
Looks beautiful! Much nicer than mine which I think was from the hood. Great story as well. Enjoy it!
Chris

Not a pin, but EM goodness. Want me an EM gun game

#11654 7 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

And the rest of the alley.
Now for a repair thread, , ,

Nice. I want a bowler!!!

1 week later
#11725 7 months ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Going for the eighttttttttt ball...
absolutely love this game to pieces, (yes even the LE version)

Best pin ever, IMHO

2 weeks later
#11942 7 months ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Picked this up at a yard sale. Wasn't working and needed ramps. Couldn't pass it up at $200.
[quoted image]

Want to double your money?

#11958 6 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It’s definitely a day for project games…or maybe two.

Don't know where you find the time to restore all of these projects you find!

#12002 6 months ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Showoff

#12009 6 months ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Not really 100 % correct as per thread title, as didn't bring home a pin, but a metric shit ton of parts from more than a decade of pinball machines . . . [quoted image]

Parts is good

#12014 6 months ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

Unloaded a Hokus Pokus last night, Now I have 2 but the price was a no brainer. Inside looks good, Complete with all the keys, lidded cash box, tilt ball and no WD40. Might try to airbrush the back glass but I realize that might destroy it. Maybe someone reading this might have a decent back glass for this machine.
[quoted image]

No WD40 is a major bonus.

#12016 6 months ago
Quoted from oilspot:

Not a pinball, got a few issues and the backglass is trashed but for $40 I couldnt pass it up. Already got it playing.
[quoted image]

$40?
Nice score

#12078 6 months ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Two super cool-ass dudes scooping up a pin. NBD.[quoted image]

Cool dudes

#12108 6 months ago
Quoted from timtim:

Well I won a game for our league raffle.
Now I got a game for the 1960s,70s,80s,90s,2000s, and 2010s [quoted image]

Royal Guard or Palace Guard?

1 week later
#12283 6 months ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

My 1st EM.[quoted image]

& a bingo to boot

#12311 5 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Apparently I need space = bring another game home.[quoted image]

About time, you were slacking

3 weeks later
#12556 5 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

2013 Trek Premium. My 2002 4Runner started shuttering as I pulled up to sellers house. Coil pack misfire, check engine light came on half way home. I was like oh boy. But I made it. Great SUV for pinballs, gets fixed Monday.[quoted image]

Super cheap & easy fix. I did my wife's Sienna for under $30

1 month later
#13124 3 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So.....got abducted during an early a.m. trip this morning. I voluntarily requested additional probing, so the little green guys and gals gave me a nice little parting memento once they were all done...a very nice SI.
Sweet example. Very nice cab, and only very minimal insert wear on the PF, both infrequent to come across on this title.

Space invaders has such an awesome backglass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 224.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside