(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,650 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Msteakhaus
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0380 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
435071209_440076048595169_956296317004543607_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

276 posts in this topic match your search for posts by cottonm4. You are on page 1 of 2.
#15511 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Figured I’d buy another project, from my favorite manufacturer. I bought it at a fair price, but probably should have waited for pin prices to go into a Freefall....
The seller disclosed a few hacks on the game, and it needs a few fixes, but it plays a game. It’ll need a new backglass but it’s a title I’ve only played a few games on so I’m looking forward to fixing it up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool. Nice play field. and BG Resto does have the FF back glass on file.

1 week later
#15595 3 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

She’s in rough shape and parts are harder to find then my phantom. Works, just played hard[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice score.

I though you might like to know that pinside gives you a way to add your pics in the correct rotation. There are a pair of curved arrows you can click on to rotate your pics.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 12.00.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-26 at 12.00.58 PM (resized).png

b199f0e4f715f9beec59a46906a0eb6c820595a6.jpeg (resized).jpgb199f0e4f715f9beec59a46906a0eb6c820595a6.jpeg (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#15854 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Tag team back again....
That's all the lyrics I know.[quoted image]

Oooh, Alice Cooper. I gotta get a bigger house.

#15911 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Grabbed a nice Earthshaker today. It's a beaut.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice score.

I like your 500 mile stare. Loaded up on coffee

3a68e84d27aafdb7053b87fe4024fe58f87b819b (resized).jpg3a68e84d27aafdb7053b87fe4024fe58f87b819b (resized).jpg

#15983 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hilarious.
After 100s of pinball machines, I post a picture of the Jeep that I am super stoked about instead of another mechanical basket case and my goofy ass face, and it gets a down vote. But I don't really care. And I peeled all that sticker shit off. Carry on.

I noticed you drew a downvote. What did you do ? Buy it out from under the guy, or something? Strange.

If I live in So Cal. I might like one of those myself.

#16014 3 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

Ok, so I think this is my first time posting a “I just brought this home” pic. Here’s a Bally Sky Kings. It’s gonna be a project/gift for my pastor from his wife. He’s wanted a game for years and finally got a green light. The back glass on this thing is amazing. I can’t find a single scratch. Playfield has some light planking but from initial appearance, it might just be the topcoat. We’ll see. Looking forward to another project.

You have a nice shop to work in.

1 week later
#16120 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

How does all that dirt get under the glass, onto the playfield, and into the closed cabinet?

The cab is not airtight. Air comes in around the coin door. There are air vents in the back box. On some Bally's there is the air vent on the neck. If the pin is sitting in a dusty garage with no protection, it is going to get dusty inside.

#16162 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not a DE this time.

You sure have been doing a lot of roadwork here lately.

#16275 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

A little SprayWay and this puppy shines up really well! No scratches or broken glass or plastics; no graffiti anywhere. Still had a Lynchburg, VA phone book in it. I think this style came out in 1954 and is called airflight. I'm sure it quickly becomes a greenhouse in the Louisiana heat.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I made lot of phone calls through the years in a booth like that. I was born in 1952; We grew up together. I never thought I would see them become collectors items.

1 week later
#16390 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Hey Me to I only ask for forgiveness not permission.

No sugar tonight for you

#16461 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

[quoted image]

Are you trying to corner the market on DE pins?

1 week later
#16662 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Truer words have not been spoken.
Been dry for weeks, months and then an avalanche of pins in a few weeks.

Quoted from Skyemont:

I can not lie so please no one take this personally. COVID-19 has been good to me.

Quoted from the96stang:

I agree. I've bought 102 pinball machines this year about 60 since march

As you all have been chasing pins across the country, did you get any indications that these were "distress" sales from some who may have fallen on hard times?

#16667 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not once in my case.
Edit: Maybe one and indirectly. It was sitting in a closed bar not making money and the owner sold it off.

Quoted from Skyemont:

Great question. I can’t speak for the others but got myself, no. I did not get the impression any of my pickups were due to COVID-19, hard times, lost jobs, etc. More like they don’t play them any longer. Kids are out of the house now.

Quoted from the96stang:

Negative, more of them were im finally cleaning out this garage, attic, basement and this needs to go.

Thank you. Sales pretty much as normal. If pin prices were going to collapse, March and April would have been the perfect time for a sell off.

I’ll stay with my theory that people are looking for things that can be done at home. If you are living by your self, pinball cannot be beat.

#16669 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ive been after early SS.games since Covid hit. Nothing too financially draining and usually in need of time and love (which i had an abundance to give)
Nkw im working stupid hours and have projects at home with no time to work on them. I guess i have Winter projects now as well lol.

Look out that you don't turn into a pinball hoarder

#16687 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Build the fuckers a high end plant stand for an even Steven swap. damn, I bet dirkdiggler will build it for them!

When they get ready to move that boat anchor and then load it back up to move, they may remember the money offer and change their mind.

#16688 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Won't be bringing anything home for a while... My company is furloughing 45% of it's workforce on October 1st pending no CARES 2 act. That's roughly 38000 US workers... This is just the beginning... I wouldn't be spending anything right now in this crazy climate

United Airlines? That is a lot of high paying jobs.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/business/united-airlines-furlough-job-workers-covid/index.html

#16703 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

How were they? I love handmade perogies. Everytime I go to the fair I find this Ukrainian lady who makes momemade cabbage rolls, sausage and perogies. Used to live by a perogies restaurant that my wife and i would eat at every week before it burned down.

I never heard of a perogies. I thought a perogies joint was some new name for a doobie that I had not heard yet.

#16709 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm a little slow today. Didn't even get the cannabis reference

Which resonates with you the most?

1) Would you like to smoke some canbabis?

or

2) Would you like toke on a doobie ?

Sorry. I could not resist

#16710 3 years ago
Quoted from spyderken:

Things sure don't look like they are bad people are buying big ticket items like mad 50 60 70 thousand dollar trucks are flying off the lots right now you are lucky you can get a truck or suv now. In my plant I am working 6 & 7 days just to keep up.

Ford is starting a new program that if you lose your job you can give the truck back. There are restrictions, of course.

I'll never enjoy deals like this. If I don't have the cash, I don't buy. 60K for a grocery hauler is a bit steep for me.

#16715 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Who would spend 60K for a wife?

A lot of guys spend 60K for a wife. They do this on the installment plan.

#16797 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just picked up this tonight. It was on my very short list of must haves. Can’t wait to really get into the game.

My friend has a WOZ. It is a blast to play. Enjoy.

#16811 3 years ago
Quoted from FLX1:

And this one
[quoted image]

Is there a production number on Mephisto ?

#16876 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not a pickup today as i already posted i had picked it up yesterday. Just an update. Still has 2 toasted coils (so no eft sling or left pop right now) but everything else has been sorted. LEDd it. Adjusted some leaf switches. Buddy of mine has a lamp board kit for me. Everything is coming along now.

You lighting is beautiful !

Quoted from jfre81:

Honestly never seen this one before. Let me know what you think of this game after you've played it a bit. I'm likely making my first personal pin purchase soon. It's probably gonna be 80s Bally, Gottlieb or Sys7/non-top 50 sys11 Williams stuff. This looks like Gorgar a bit in the PF and shots, just with one of them weird left outlanes where you gotta nudge when the time is right. All the better, one of those at home would make a better player out of me.

Skateball would be a good choice. I would like to have a chance to play that 4-flipper monster.

If you like Williams System 7, consider looking at a Laser Cue.

#16878 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

8 hours of driving to pick up my 9th machine...fitting that it is a Stern Nine Ball! The seller broke the playfield glass 5 minutes before I arrived, but luckily 99% of it went to the floor and I found only a few chunks inside. Machine is working but will need some typical TLC, cleaning and un-hacking to make her shine.

Nice play field you have. Real nice play field.

#16880 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

It's been touched up before...not the best job. There's only a small wear spot near the lock. It should clean up well

You are in Mirco's backyard. Consider seeing if he would use your NB play field for a pattern to reproduce these. I talked with Mirco two years ago about doing my Nine Ball. He said it would work for him. And mine is not as nice as yours. I'm sending you a PM.

#16963 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

1 year and 5 months after my first pin....I have 6! This hobby is crack!

Quoted from Mathazar:

Agreed. 2 years and 4 months after my first pin, I'm now at 7! Out of room, so one will have to go if I come across another must-have.

4 months for #2

2 more months for #3.

6 months more for #4.

I lost track of time with #5 #6 and #7.

#8 is being built from scratch.

I know which ones I want. I'll be at 10 when I am done.

All of the furniture in the house has been downsized or gone.

#16966 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Storm Area 51 movement 2.0?

Jeez, Colson, you about blinded me with those pearly whites Reminds me of an old boy I knew from Plains Georgia

#16974 3 years ago

The virus looks like it has been good for Stern. There sure are a lot of 1st time pin buyers coming in with these new pins.

#16981 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

Not a pin but a 1956 Chicago Coin SteamShovel. Works great!!!! Played this when I was a kid. I’ll eventually be trading this for a pinball Machine.
[quoted image]

I put a lot dimes into those draglines at the state fair when I was a kid. It was hard to win a prize. The prizes were all pieces of crap, but I kept feeding them

#16984 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Not one I'd seen before.
[quoted image]

1365 produced. I played one at TPF a couple of years ago. Not my type of pin.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/chicago-cubs-triple-play

#17029 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I miss my Funhouse seeing that pic

I see the Cyclopes standing next to that Funhouse. That's a rare pin.

#17088 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The rear seat of my suv doesn’t fold flat so I bring the pin into the suv on a moving blanket to pull it over the hump. I wedge the edge of the blanket into the door frame and close the door.
Another option is to buy a few coin door locks, bring one with you, and install the lock at the sellers house. Shouldn’t take long.

Duct tape for the door. Paper towels for the tilt bob and tilt ball.

#17118 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I hope so.

Need a better clue?
here:[quoted image]

All of your relays wiring looks like brand new. Nice and colorful.

#17139 3 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

yes one of the few grail games left (games title is kewpie doll). as mentioned major project but can see so much potential in this game.
not sure if it's an australian phase, basically I had been looking for this title for over 30 years.
with photos of another woodrail picked up today.

Wow. 950 produced.

You are now #8.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 12.36.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-08-01 at 12.36.54 PM (resized).png

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&radius_latitude=37.675&radius_longitude=-97.32&keywords=&ad_machine_key=1321&ad_condition=0&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&year_from=&year_to=&radius_distancekm=0&sort_by=ad_end_date&sort_order=DESC#results

#17176 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Just brought this one home. It’s been on my wanted list for a while now. This one has a pretty decent cabinet and playfield hiding under a level of dust and dirt. Quite excited to clean it up and play it.
[quoted image]

I love my Robocop. You will have lots of fun with this.

1 week later
#17325 3 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Correct! I got to play one of these at the Pinball Museum in Asheville, NC a couple of years ago and fell for it. Zipper Flippers and multiball and dinosaurs...who could not love that?!?

One of the coolest skill shots you can step up to.

#17345 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I'm pretty pleased with how it's all come together.

That's what it is all about.

#17386 3 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

A flight 2000 hitting the road!
[quoted image]

Your play field looks nice. And your ball guides are not broken; That is a rarity. There is a way to protect the ball guides from breaking so check out the F2K thread when you get it set up .

#17393 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Centaur is on my wishlist so I can help you with your problem.

He'll probably make you deal on his Soccer

#17395 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

plays like Scorpion

Say no more. I have played a Scorpion. It is a little better than Popeye

1 week later
#17450 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

You finally got yourself a Snow Derby.

Mine went to a a guy in Texas who was big into rifle shooter games.

EDIT: I never got my Snow Derby running. My buyer had a EM mechanic work on it. Seems there was a slam tilt type switch the relay board that had been jimmied to stay open when it was supposed to be closed.

What I admired about that pin was the accuracy of the keylines around the inserts. They were done with such precision with a keyline only 1/16" wide.

#17452 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What’s up Craig? Yes....finally.

I'm getting jealous. To me, out here in the sticks, my imagination is running wild that you live in this huge mansion where you can hoard all these pins, while I, a mere serf, have to be content the 3 or 4 pins I can shovel into servant's quarters

Tell the truth, man. It is not the pins, yeah? They are merely an excuse to get out out of the house, waste some gas, and burn up the highways.

#17466 3 years ago

What is the definition of a flipper?

Pinball retailers will buy a pin and turn around and resell it. Happens with regularity.

If an individual locates a pin, cleans it up and adds new rubbers, is he a flipper?

What if the individual had to buy a package deal to get the one pin he wanted, and then just sells the others?

What if the individual sits on the pin for 6 months and then peels it out of inventory and sells it ? With 6. months holding time, is he a flipper?

Is he a flipper if he makes money on the pin?

What if he loses money on the pin? Is he still a flipper, or maybe what he is doing id OK if he loses money?

Define flipper.

#17481 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

What do you want? Do I need to say you are not a flipper?

I would like for you to define what a flipper is. Beside the flippers on the play field.

#17486 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

+1 on Colson being a great guy, and a positive addition to this hobby.
When he saw that I had picked up a robocop recently without a manual, he offered to send me his nice copy for free.

Alright now. That rips its. Colson, how come you did not give me a free manual for when I bought my Robocop? I'm starting to feel a bit cheated. sniff. sniff. .

#17488 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Flipper is someone that has zero intention of actually playing any machine that they buy.

That sounds like a retailer to me.

I'm not picky who I buy from. If he is a flipper and he has the pin I want and it is priced where I feel comfortable with the price, I couldn't care less if he bought 5 months or 5 minutes ago. I don't care what he paid for it. He could be in it for free as it was a birthday present. What he paid for it is not relevant to the sales transaction I am trying to work.

If Colson told me he came home with a Quicksilver that he does not want to keep, he will hear 4 questions: What is the overall condition? How much? Do you take PayPal? And do I take care of the shipping? I'll make an offer or pay his price.

What he won't hear is, "How long have you had it?"

All bets are off if he tells me he has a Bally El Toro he is trying to palm off.

1 week later
#17562 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Might not compete with that sweet turtles pin.
But it’s green !!
I got this sweet putting game.

That's cool. The coin box looks like 1930s Art Deco.

#17588 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Unfortunately there is no manufacturing name anywhere on it.
Here’s a photo of the back box if anyone could identify the manufacturer that would be awesome.
It also has there little 12volt screw in bulbs.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am going to send these pics to an old gray hair in Dallas who is. wood rail fan and rifle machine mechanic and see if he can shed light.

#17589 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

all the inserts still look nice and flush also

Quoted from Colsond3:

I think it’s Formica panels.

All perfect. Playmatic cleared their PF’s in the factory with some kind of resilient, non-dimpling and non-chipping superb material. Whatever the hell it was. I’ve had a few, and I’ve never seen cracking around an insert on a Playmatic game.
[quoted image]

I had a Sonic Cherry Bell that was the same way. You could not feel the inserts with your eyes open. The black ball trail in the shooter arch wiped off with a little 409. Yes, there was some kind of film stretched across the play field. My friend's Mar Trek looks super, too. But it is ink on the play field and no film.

But I also had a Playmatic Space Gambler. it had crappy inserts like we are used to seeing.

#17590 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's cool. The coin box looks like 1930s Art Deco.

Quoted from edward472:

I don't even like golf, but that's cool

Quoted from Wariodolby:

That coin box has a pretty cool mech inside
I just uploaded a video of it

Quoted from poppapin:

Cool putting game!! Who is the manufacturer?

Quoted from bluespin:

Cool machine. If you’re on Facebook, post in this group and they can help you identify the manufacturer.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/876595849125826/?ref=share

That's friggin' cool and brutal as i'm a lefty!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Ok, that is pretty awesome, have not seen one of those before. Pretty sure the Astroturf is not original (invented 1965) wonder what the original surface would have been?

Quoted from Colsond3:

That is awesome...I’ve never seen one before. I wonder how many of those were made? Looks like it’s in great shape, especially the wood. Congrats.

We are on green 18, it is "cools" vs. "awesomes" 5 to 2. . In any other game, cools would be out front with 5 over 2. Not in golf.

We are in the bottom of the 9th, and the cools are leading 5 to 2.

#17608 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:Might not compete with that sweet turtles pin.
But it’s green !!
I got this sweet putting game.

Quoted from cottonm4:

I am going to send these pics to an old gray hair in Dallas who is. wood rail fan and rifle machine mechanic and see if he can shed light.

My acquaintance in Dallas is impressed with this golf game. But he has never seen one and knows as much as the rest of us.

#17653 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm dying to know what a miami redskins baywatch is!

I'd like to know what WFO means. I get tired of acronyms that are taking over the language.

#17659 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

I'll go with Wide Fuckin' Open. Sounds reasonable.

I still have the Ford factory service manual for my 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII. The manual looks like a Sears catalog. There are 17 pages of acronyms in that manual. 17 pages of acronyms !

F.U.C.K.

Fornication Using Carnal Knowledge. F.U.C.K. has saved lots of ink over the years.

1 week later
#17750 3 years ago

Bread! That is awesome

I thought that was cool, too.

#17753 3 years ago

It reminds me of the time I discovered the bread trick when soldering copper piping

I'll bite.

I'm never too old to learn.

How is bread employed in the arena of soldering pipe?

#17756 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

When you cut into existing pipes you always encounter residual water in the lines regardless which makes soldering next to impossible because it tends to dampen heat down. You can avoid this (not always a problem) by putting pushing bread into the line, no crust and just enough to block access, it will soak up and hold back any moisture long enough for you to solder. When done you can go to the nearest faucet and turn it on (be sure to remove screen if it has one before you turn water on) the bread will break up moving through the pipe and flush out the faucet.

Nice to know. I had to get the crankshaft pulley off of the engine in my car several years back. The challenge is how do you prevent the engine from turning over/rotating on you as you apply torque to the crankshaft pulley bolt.

The solution: Shove a wad of 1/4" rope down a spark plug hole. push in as much as you can. And then as you get your wrench on the pulley bolt and turn, the rope will not compress and will lock up the engine. When you have the pulley bolt removed, back the engine off a little bit and pull the rope out.

1 week later
#17817 3 years ago

How many of these way old pins being drug home are just going from one purgatory to another purgatory? Someone sold a project he lost interest in and someone bought a project he is "currently" interested in.

#17844 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

f your swelling is not too bad you can sand off the swelling and use fiberglass resin to reform the edges.

What is that fuzzy looking stuff? It looks like some sort of veneer made out of pressed wool that got wet and starting growing fur.

The wood base on the bottom and side looks solid.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 12.10.59 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-05 at 12.10.59 AM (resized).png

#17902 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

BOOYA!
After 4 years of searching, I’ve finally secured a wild Granny. Fresh pick from an old operators trailer.
She’s the only game to survive. The rest were totally disintegrated and this Granny isn’t far behind.
This is gonna get a full all-out restoration.
Baby Pac was my second ever game I picked up and I’ve searched for it’s sister game ever since.
I ALSO secured not one but TWO completely populated spare playfields for Granny and the Gators! Talk about an incredible haul!!!
They are still out there if you look hard enough and harass everyone you meet
Of course we stopped at world famous Knoebels and had a great time too!

So much for social distancing at that establishment.

#17912 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

It was a two pin kind of weekend with no York show. I was on my way back from my second trip after a two and half hour drive and was almost home when I was rear ended and pushed into a truck in front of me that had its rear bumper made out of a steel I-beam. The truck was lifted so I went under it. It was then nice enough to take off.

Don’t worry about the truck driving off. It’s the guy that hit you in the rear that you do not want to get away.

#17942 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Alice Cooper is in the house. Super fun game. I’m so excited to have it, though getting it upstairs and into the office was no easy task, but that was my only option because the game room is full of games I’m not willing to part with.
[quoted image]

My friend has an AC. I'd love to have one. It has staying power. No room at all here.

#17972 3 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

10 years of collecting and I finally got my first free game given to me.
Coincidentally after 10 years of my dad thinking me and my brother were wasting our money buying machines he mentioned a couple weeks ago he wouldn't mind buying a cheap game to play now that he's retired. So we're going clean and tune it up and give it to him.
[quoted image]

Production: Unknown. Scarce.

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.14.18 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.14.18 AM (resized).png

#17996 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Nice!! Never seen that one before!

336 units produced. All in Australia.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.35.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.35.44 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.34.30 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.34.30 AM (resized).png

2 weeks later
#18155 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Got them lined up.
[quoted image]

I got to play a Baywatch the other day. I was impressed. Fun game.

#18162 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I picked mine up in a package deal. Didn't expect anything out of it, but it's a damn fun game for such a silly theme. Unfortunately, it may be on the chopping block just for lack of space.

I know I am in a minority here, but I would keep the Baywatch and SS. BSD, no matter how many times I try to like it just does not resonate with me.

#18183 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That is blasphemy Craig...And you only say that because you’ve never played mine.
BSD is well put together between the art and playfield layout, and even better with Pinsound upgrade.

Next time I am at Cactus Jack’s I will reserve more coins and give it another twirl.

It is a good looking pin I will agree.

But I wish the shop would put Ironman back on the floor.

#18202 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Cool feature. Full House I believe has that in the PF also, as well as a few other games.
Finally got this puppy set up. Well, in a temp spot. Has a slot machine in the backglass activated by the kickouts and the center shot. Pretty cool game, and plays fast.
[quoted image]

You said “ plays fast”. I’m a sucker for fast players. I wish I was closer

Edit: it is an EM. I’m out.

#18211 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You’re such a solid-state diva. LOL.
You do realize without EM games there would’ve been no evolution to solid state, correct?
So you don’t want this if I ship it to you? [quoted image]

I give EMs their place in the food chain but I do not know how to work on them successfully and no one around here to teach me.

I’ll PM you my address and appreciate your generosity. I have an acquaintance with a pin I would like to have and Vampire would make exceptional trading material to help pry it out of his hands.

#18236 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

First ever premium!!!

That is one nice looking dog.

#18242 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Pickup!
[quoted image]

Damn, man. Are there any DE pins that you do not like? You are going to need a bigger game room

#18283 3 years ago

I swear if you guys were to quit chasing all of these pins the economy would crater. Gas sales---down. Tires sales---down. Vehicle repairs---down. Speeding tickets---down. Motels---empty. Pinball prices---way down

#18329 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I asked him what he did with all of his pins when he closed his arcade in 85. He said that he didn’t have room to store everything, so he put all of the difficult to maintain pins in the dumpster; all Ataris and all Gottlieb 80s except Haunted House and Black Hole. He kept a few Williams and all of the Bally pins.

It is interesting that he did not bother with trying to sell these pins. I guess the prices were so low they were not worth bothering with, perhaps ?

My Op friend said he bought a Meteor at a coin op auction for $5.00 and then scrapped it because the boards were bad. This was before Alltek started selling its boards.

#18335 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

but they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.

What? If you don't take this off of our hands it will go to the trash? That would be a no-refusal argument.

#18339 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Back then there wasn’t much of a collector market. Operators would rather destroy a pin than sell it to a non operator. They didn’t want people to stay at home playing pins/vids rather than playing in location as that would hurt a fellow operator.

I wonder if any of those ops turned some of those worthless old pins into coffee tables

Sorry. I could not resist

1 week later
#18418 3 years ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

Great pick up, did you make those handles?

Quoted from Mathazar:

Those handles look great - wouldn't mind getting a set of those myself!

I think you could take a pair of old legs to the weld shop and have a pair made up. Those look real handy.

#18421 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I see what you did there

I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out to me

#18437 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

A local collector made these "pin moving handles" for me after I had repaired his TAF and TZ for reset issues. He doesn't seem interested in making more really since me had cut and welded every piece himself.

I mentioned to him that I have some older legs he can cut up to see if it speeds up his process. Maybe something will come out of that.

Looks like real rusty legs at the pinball swap meets will be going up in price

#18438 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Would the real Colson 3 please stand up

2dc16f911327b7582da02d298dc8c592a3140e00.jpeg (resized).jpg2dc16f911327b7582da02d298dc8c592a3140e00.jpeg (resized).jpg

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

images (resized).pngimages (resized).png

#18443 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Was Not as far a Trip as COTTONM4 though coming from where he did to pick up my Cherry Catacomb though , he has the record For longest travel for one of my games ..

I play and enjoy that Catacomb every day. I am going to replace the nice play field with a CPR repro, though. And, as you know, the cabinet is too nice to restore.

That was a long trip. 3200 miles round trip. No regrets.

#18531 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m in CT again...coming for your local games @96stang...and I brought more cowbell!
[quoted image]

Gee. My favorite song is 45 years old. Geezer rock rules

#18555 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely happy...a few dings and scrapes on the backbox, but otherwise a pretty cherry game. PF is real nice with original mylar.
Staring at the mirror polished LD bar is making me think I now have to break out a polishing wheel for some of my other games.

Colson, you are staring to make me jealous Between you and gdonavan burning up the highways, nothing is ever going to filter out to the midwest.

#18575 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Let's get this thread back on topic...
Merry Christmas to me....picked up this load today![quoted image]

I would like that Stern Ali sitting there front and center. But too many miles.

#18614 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Comet LED party tomorrow!
[quoted image]

Some of these other DE pins sort of look like Robocop with 4 SU targets on the left, 3 SU targets in the middle and one SU target on the right. Am I seeing this correctly?

Also, does your Checkpoint have that small bounce spring in front of the lower pop as Robocop does?

Thanks

EDIT: I just took a look at your collection (nice) and your wish list. I see you have a BTTF listed in your wish list. I have been able to play one of those. It was quarter night at the local arcade before the virus hit. I fed it a coupler quarters. My thoughts are that you should not waste your time.

#18636 3 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Today I picked up my next project. It's been years since I felt this excited to pick up a pin.
Why? Let me see: 6 flippers, 14 drop targets, cool unique layout, highly original ruleset, rare as hen's teeth, great theme (I don't care what you Yanks think ) and supposedly very fun to play.
Ladies and gentlemen, it is a 1982 Gottlieb Striker. A title I have never seen for sale before here in the Netherlands in 20 years of collecting.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This particular example has been used as a parts machine in a previous life. Among other things, it is missing all boards and the entire transformer panel. However, all game specific parts are there and in acceptable shape. I'm determined to bring this baby back to life.

That is a cool playing game. I know where one is at. Got to play it. It is not for sale and I am out of room.

Todd Tuckey will give you a rundown on what you found.

#18646 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Then I'll be maxed out unless I start getting rid of furniture (which I have begun to consider).

If you are a bachelor then go for it. I thought I was being weird for even thinking about getting rid of furniture. Then I got rid of the bedroom furniture, filled the bedroom with pins and have never regretted it. My dining table is usually stacked up with pin stuff. So I eat at the computer desk.

I don't entertain much at all. But I have made some pin friends and have them over. No one cares about anything other than playing the pins. Now, if you a married you have read too far already

#18674 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I really thought I was done for a while...but then somebody asked me if I wanted to do some hang gliding before work this morning.
[quoted image]

The Will Rogers of pinball machines. He has never met a pinball machine that he didn't like.

#18683 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

because I’m not a flipper

I remember watching Nixon sit there on TV and say, " I am not a crook".

#18691 3 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

12 foot skeleton hand

Home Depot had one of those huge skeletons for Halloween. I went there one day and had to go back the next day and it was gone.

#18728 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I’m not the best with animal anatomy but the right side of his face is kinda messed up. Here’s a closer look.
[quoted image]

I have a glass bottom scanner and a BG Resto repro BG back glass. I could scan those whiskers and make you reverse image water slide decal that might hide your problem areas.

If you are interested, send me a PM with your address and I will mail you the decal. But no promises that it will work.

Big Game is a great pin. Once you understand how the bingo cards work it is a blast to play. but actually, it is a blast to play even if you don't know everything works.

#18742 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Do you have a semi trans material?

I do not understand what you are asking.

#18743 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Here you go! The score cards or whatever is the worst of it. Flawless up top.[quoted image]

Your play field is in very nice condition. All of the detail work is still there. It is a very restorable play field.

You should consider getting a play field protector for it. Thrillhouse makes several protectors and Big Game is one of them.

https://www.beehivepinball.com/product/pinball-playshield-protector

#18744 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Didn’t bring home Rudy today, it was a couple days ago. But, I thought it was important for Rudy to respect our Covid policy.
Stay safe, Rudy.
[quoted image]

It is nice to see that Rudy is wearing his mask correctly

#18747 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

A material that is somewhat transparent to let light through like translight material. I’m thinking that would drop in well from a lighting perspective.

What I have is clear waterslide decal paper that I have been using to make plastics with. I make my scan and run it through my ink jet printer. After I place the decal, I get some of my white waterslide decal paper and place that over the back of the other decal. The white decal material lets the light through. It is not the best way to make fix but it is one step better than nothing.

I'll see if I can make the scan in a couple of days.

#18756 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Last (likely) pin pickup for this year. I had to eat me a can of spinach on the way home in order to unload it by myself. . . but luckily fattdirk helped me load up. Thanks again!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Popeye seems to get a lot of mixed reviews and it was not exactly on my wish list. . . but I am looking forward to putting some time in. Hopefully it Shivers Me Timbers in a good way!

Bluespin and I hit the credit button on a Popeye at TPF 3 years back. Let's just say, there was no line backed up to play and we did not stick around. Although, I think we managed to play all 3 balls before we walked.

but 243 pinsiders own it and 184 want it. So what do I know. At least there are 184 people to sell to

2 weeks later
#18880 3 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Catacomb.....about an 8 hour round trip with the first half in crappy weather, coming home was ok. The freezing rain had melted..

Get ready for some pinball fun. Catacomb is as brutal as they get. It will help make you a better player.

I was going to tell you that CPR is making Catacomb play fields, but it looks like CPR has sold out.

1 week later
#19003 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just got my popeye and flinestones , man my parents got tons of room I can fit 50 more pins! They so unhappy I just tell them go upstairs
Highly considering just getting a divorce and move in with my parents. I have all the room I need!
[quoted image]

Are you sure Popeye is worth getting a divorce over?

1 week later
#19119 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Picked up a decent Baywatch
14 hours driving, grab and go home.
Picked up yesterday.
Calgary, Alberta too Kelowna, BC and back.
Game will clean up nice, plays great already.

I like how the cab side art cuts off their heads, but that bootie is out there front and center

This is a fun playing pin.

1 week later
#19166 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

This 1 has been on my wish list for awhile..she’s a fine player’s condition that just needs a lil cleaning, adjusting, and some plays on her.

My OP friend has a Memory Lane on location. All it did was kick my butt. Then one night the OP invited me down for a match and he loaded a bunch of games. After I learned it a little bit I got respect for it. Good pin and fun to play, but when it goes cold on you it goes ice cold. If I had space I would bring one in.

#19188 3 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

1000 miles in one day???
[quoted image]
Yes Please!

You are looking a little bit glassy eyed there.

Drink coffee. If the caffeine don't keep you awake, a full bladder sure will

#19195 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They made a Nickelback pin?[quoted image]

Nickelback sang about wanting to be a rock star. The Beatles were rock stars and didn't need to sing about it

1 week later
#19237 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Gnr ce arrived today I’m excited about this one
[quoted image]
Problem is getting it into walkout basement In this !
[quoted image]

You are just going to have to leave it boxed, stand there and look at it, and lick your chops.

#19243 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

?? Like lamb chops ?

Google "lick your chops".

1 week later
#19320 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Now for the drive home...

Colson, You need to make a decal of your face and put it on the POTO play field. It would look factory

#19380 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Games did not jump from a nickel to a quarter back in the day. They jumped to 10 cents a game or 3 for a quarter.

I thought it was

5 for a nickel

5 for a dime

5 for a quarter

3 for a quarter.

But I could be over thinking it.

#19408 3 years ago
Quoted from hazmat7719:

I just picked up a Lazy-Q for my dad! It was made the same year and moth of his birth.

I like the super high scores on that Lazy-Q. 500,000 points and up. Back in the day when 5 and 10 point scores were the thing.

It is beautiful.

#19436 3 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

and by luck tried an old for sale ad that was 5 years old..and was still there.

Wow !

#19443 3 years ago

EDIT: Wrong thread

#19501 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Lol still sharp as a tack!

That’s what they all say

Class of 1970.

#19566 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Is that a Gottlieb Neptune in the background (far right)? Haven't seen one of those since the 80's. My family's first pin....bought new in in 1979 for $500 when I was 13. Oh, what I'd give to still have that pin...a HUO Neptune.

Actually, I was eying the Stern Catacomb sitting next to that Hit the Deck.

#19573 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Hundred miles each Direction

You have crossed a milestone. It will not be long and you will regale us of your "just 500 miles trip" to pick up pin #2.

1 week later
#19722 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I still have my GNR CE NIB in the garage and my Rick and Morty Bloodsucker with butter cab NIB in the garage. I really only have room for one in the basement right now and I feel like opening and playing one, if you were me which one would you go for? GNR or RM?
Thanks

Dig out a quarter and you can flip for your choice. Heads is GNR. Tails is RM.

#19726 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Couldnt find a quarter so I tossed a dollar bill in the air, reminded me of being at a gentlemens club, tails.. RM it is. Well that was easy I guess.

Dollar bills and tails seem like a good match

#19754 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyder138:

Abra Ca Dabra delivered and is now in the line up. The seller did not state that the machine had been modified from a replay machine to an add a ball machine. Cab and playfield are in great shape, but not very happy about the mod. The instructions state add a ball and were added with a typewriter, so it was likely converted quite a while ago. I may try to figure out what was modified and change it back, but will give it some time and see if the add a ball grows on me.
The 1000 pops very rarely come on and I haven't been able to figure out what is triggering them. Hopefully cleaning the I relay will do the trick and it isn't something related to the mod.

My thinking is that for a home machine where winning credits is secondary, being able to add balls and pump the scores would be the most satisfying.

#19799 3 years ago

If so, I might just take it apart too. It definitely makes the moving process suck less.

BK, like Munsters, is a Spike 2 system. The backbox is easy to remove. 2 or 3 RJ-45 type connectors, unbolt the back box pivot hinges, and remove the two anchor bolts and the back box is off. I can't imagine the play field would be any more difficult to remove.

1 week later
#19885 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

24 day old CL ad . gave it a go and came home with a Tommy .no topper
[quoted image]

Go to Amazon and type in “stainless steel gazing ball”. You can make your own Tommy topper.

#19933 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Ah, new pinball smell.

And behind Door #3,

psalm-34-doors (resized).pngpsalm-34-doors (resized).png

We have a neeeeuuuuw PINBALL MACHINE.

hotwheels (resized).pnghotwheels (resized).png

Lets-Make-a-Deal-AMC-Gremlin (resized).jpgLets-Make-a-Deal-AMC-Gremlin (resized).jpg

#19939 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Ooooouuwww is that an AMC Gremlin? My dad drove a blue one for years in the 70s. I must admit I kinda like it.

I did around trip from Dallas to New Orleans in 1972. The car rode nice on the highway but the owner kept bitching about how this was coming unscrewed or that this thing was always rattling. He had the attitude of "I am stuck with this car but I am going to have to drive the miles out of it to get my money back"

I always like their looks.

#19972 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Setting up the Flash Gordon I brought home the other day. This is why you don't leave games by a window.

All you need is a right hand side set of Pinball Pimp stencils and you are good to go. Fantastic play field.

2 weeks later
#20126 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Got these today from a good friend.

That Big Game is going to fit right in. You have what I am calling an alternate back glass with the white lettering and the tiger with white eyes and the white nose.

So, I now know this back glass is the real deal.

I am going to send you a PM.

#20127 2 years ago

Had one a year or so ago, PF looked mint like the day it was built, rock solid playfields

And high quality back glasses, too.

#20159 2 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

Picked this up today while I wait for my GnR
[quoted image]

How to tell that new people are entering the hobby.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 8.52.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-05 at 8.52.57 AM (resized).png

Now Stern has to add this to its new pins? This is the first I have heard about anybody trying to lift a pinball machine by the plunger.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 8.51.55 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-05 at 8.51.55 AM (resized).png

#20195 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I paid WAY more than 800 bucks for it. I only discovered this game about a month ago when I was searching for a list of classic sterns. It definitley has a unique presentation and what appears to be a a pretty deep rule set for 1981. it's tough to get a gauge on how many are around but it doesn't appear to be many and they don't come up for sale often from what I've seen. I'm guessing the value pinside has listed for it is based on lack of current sale information. This one is pretty well preserved and complete so I took a risk and offered a decent amount for it. If i like it I will do a full restore. If not it will still be in damn nice condition. I just have to hammer out a few issues, tweak up the mechanicals, polish up the metal and get some shorter legs on it. These are 30.5" and the thing is a monster the way it sits. Playefield doesnt really sit square in the cabinet in the play position. I'll figure that out after i put new legs on it. For those of you who havent seen it here is a decent video.

There are production numbers listed for every classic Stern produced, except for Spilt Second and Catacomb.

2500 units of Lightning were produced in March of 1981.

Split Second was not produced until August of 1981. That is a 5 month production gap. Compared to the production schedules from Meteor on, Stern kept the production schedules at around 2 months before the next pin left the factory.

Catacomb arrived in October 1981 for a 2 month gap from SS.

1200 Iron Maidens were produced in October 1981.

430 Vipers were produced December 1981.

302 Dragonfists were produced in January 1982.

After Dragonfist, Stern Electronics was no more.

Split Second and Catacomb are the only two classic Sterns that we do not know the production numbers on. I think the 5 month production gap played a part in there not being any production numbers available for Cat and SS. I can't imagine Stern kept a bunch of line workers on the payroll if no production was going on. So that would mean laying the line workers off and then rehiring them and many times that results in the company having to train new laborers.

When I started getting interested in Catacomb, the conventional write ups all said around 2200 Catacombs were produced. I don't buy into that. I think less an 1200 Catacombs were produced and I really think less than 1000, and perhaps only 900 Catacombs were produced. I did not look at SS that closely but think less than 1200 were produced.

I did a write up on these thoughts on the Catacomb thread a couple of years ago laying out my logic. Of course, I am guessing, but you do not see very many Split Seconds.

It looks real nice. Please tell us how much, or how little, you like the game play.

#20209 2 years ago

Should be white/opaque. The controlled lighting was already LED (crappy flat top old style, but whatever) so I just left it. Color matched comet 2smd would have absolutely happened if I were keeping.

They're blue bulbs behind the cops. They're a bit aggressive (pics look worse than in person) but the cops ARE blue on the glass, for whatever reason. I dunno, I like it. I love how my cherry red wireforms came out. Now I need to get the legs, lockbar, rails, etc all done to match.

Quoted from rcbrown316:

Wow man. You are one detailed theorist! That sounds very logical when you lay out the production timing vs units produced in the timeline vs units you see in the field. I'm digging into it pretty good right now fixing some things but it's playing. the more switches I ifix the cooler it gets. There's a ton of stuff going on in this game for sure. I will say if i have a concern about it's lastability play-wise it will be related to the upper playfield but that is just my initial thought. there is a lot to do up there and it's pretty big. Iron maiden is another one that intrigues me and i would likely have the same concern with that.
This is fully lit in lamp test mode. Lots of work to do...
RB[quoted image]

There is a pinsider with a nice Stern collection that I envy and respect. He had both a Viper and an Iron Maiden and sold both. I figure if they were great players he would still have them.

You are building a nice Stern collection. All you need is a Cheetah.

#20210 2 years ago

Bringing my sweet girl home after a few months away. Installing some cherry red wireforms as soon as she hits the row!

Your High Speed is beautiful and a blast to play. This picture does not do it justice.

cdccff26e50c379e96f6ab69f53ddb2081b1446e (resized).jpgcdccff26e50c379e96f6ab69f53ddb2081b1446e (resized).jpg

#20216 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

flash gordon is just a bastard.

Agree. An acquaintance has a FG. I hit the credit button and got shoot-drain 3 times in a row. I moved over to his Wheel of Fortune of which I still have fond memories of.

Embryon did me dirty at TPF. Shoot-drain whap-whap-whap. And it was set up nice, unlike a lot of the junk, poorly set up pins that make their way there.

#20233 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Cool. I need to try one of these

Make sure you try Lightning out first---BEFORE you get out your checkbook.

#20235 2 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

How to tell that you haven’t bought a NIB machine in the last 25 years haha.

I'm too poor to buy NIB. I do have a Munsters I bought with 55 plays on. It came with all of the paperwork except there was no tag warning about shooter rod dangers.

I don't recall ever hearing of anyone picking up a used pin talking about how they almost destroyed everything by using the shooter rod as a handle.

Perhaps is it is disease limited to NIB buyers only

#20245 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I won't buy one of these but I do want to play one at some point

Make reservations for dinner. You might last 10 minutes.

#20265 2 years ago
Quoted from steamfitter:

It was this or a catacomb
I like the game play , artwork , sound and speech .
I'm cleaning it now and will change coil sleeves , clean and readjust switches . Replace any part that needs it .
There's no 2 lightning that play the same . It depends on the owner , does he just get it working or does he tweak it like you would a 1/4 dragster .
It's a good thing we don't all have the same taste in pinball . [quoted image]

I agree. There is something for everybody and your Lightning has a beautiful play field. But you should consider getting that Catacomb.

#20299 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Congrats. With the machine off, remove and reseat the connectors for the display. Might simply solve that discombobulated display issue.

I don't know about Gottlieb's, but with my Robocop it is possible to plug the cable in backwards since it is not keyed. Really messes with the display. Of course, I just read about that somewhere. It has never happened to me.

#20397 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

To think this could happen to any one of us make this even more sobering.

What? I suppose it is the realm of possibility that anyone of us could commit suicide. But as far as the dying goes, don't think in terms that is could happen. Think in terms that it will happen. The only questions are when and how you will make your exit.

I need to make a price list for my girlfriend on how much to sell my pins for. Otherwise, the sharks will circle and come in for the kill.

#20401 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Buyers are always honest about fair prices.

Yes, and I will still love you tomorrow

#20457 2 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Not everyone's favorite Classic Stern, but when the opportunity "struck" to acquire this game I grabbed it (behind the neck of course ).
[quoted image]
No wear or sunken inserts on a clean playfield (the glass has some tape/sticky stuff on it). I better get to making a plastic protector for the cannon cover.
[quoted image] [quoted image]
Should I not enjoy playing the game at least I have this to look at.
[quoted image]

Nice score, I guess. I am waiting for you to tell us if it plays well or it is a waste on time.

#20458 2 years ago

I've never even seen that one before. That looks cool AF

It is Viper. Low production run of 430.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/viper/ratings

3 weeks later
#20671 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

My Father’s Day gift came early. I love it, wish it were Stranger Things but it’s the thought that counts!
[quoted image]

No batteries required. That is a REAL big plus.

1 week later
#20813 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Picked up a Big Green! Errr… Game.
Planning on doing a full restore eventually, but for now she’s playing great!

Here is the green paint you need when you move to restore that cabinet.

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 10.22.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-29 at 10.22.18 PM (resized).png

Big Game is a great player.

#20834 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

and Stern just didn’t tighten down the opto board.

I have worked on a couple of assembly lines. All kinds of things can happen for an oversight like this to crop up. Inspection should have caught it, but sometimes inspection drops the ball, too.

#20878 2 years ago

I guess there was a divorce and the wife took all the heads off the machines!

Sounds like she had him by the balls. She really knows how to hurt a guy

You married guys need to make sure you keep your woman happy

#20888 2 years ago

Haha, I opted to just....not say anything at all. The rest of the sale had lots of fun collectible stuff...at sky-high prices. So I left with nada. Can't win em all. Cab was definitely wood... and I shudder to think what it looks like--or SMELLS like--after the next three days in the Kansas sun. As famously said once on Simpsons.... Stop, stop! He's already dead!

Try to get it for $5 or $10. Or offer to haul it away for free.

Grab the transformer and the lockdown bar as well as the lockdown receiver. If the coin door is not all beat up, get that, too. Definitely the lockdown bar.

#20894 2 years ago

Yeah, I might go back at the end of the sale when they're ready to just dump things. There are some usable parts there, it's just.........bad intact

Harbor Freight sells paint mask with vapor filters for around $12-$14 I think. That a pair of heavy dish washing gloves can make tasks like that easier to do.

I'm not sure where the transformer is mounted. If in the cabinet, it would be the only item in there that might have value. Nothing else under the play field would be worth your time, except maybe for the wiring.

Oh yeah, load it in your truck, find a dumpster to park next to, and start chucking the junk.

#20895 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Harbor Freight sells paint mask with vapor filters for around $12-$14 I think. That a pair of heavy dish washing gloves can make tasks like that easier to do.
I'm not sure where the transformer is mounted. If in the cabinet, it would be the only item in there that might have value. Nothing else under the play field would be worth your time, except maybe for the wiring.
Oh yeah, load it in your truck, find a dumpster to park next to, and start chucking the junk.

EDIT: This is where it would pay to have a battery powered reciprocating saw. Just cut off the end of the cabinet and you got all of the value from that pin. 10 minute job.

#20902 2 years ago

Lmao, dammit. I said I was looking for a new project once I was finished with my eight ball deluxe..I probably had this one coming.

You came down and took your High Speed home. Karma.

#20913 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

For sale as is. PM if interested. Just got it.

Be careful, or you will find yourself being called a "flipper" for turning a pin you have not at least put on some new rubbers.

1 week later
#20999 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I'm trying to work a deal on a game out of state and arranging to have it picked up and shipped via freight/transport company from Texas to California. Who's the best freight company to arrange this with and does anyone have any leads I can contact immediately to arrange for curbside pickup and shipping with legs on? Not looking to have the game palletized or crated, just wrapped and padded with blankets and shipped on the legs. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeremy
408-835-2397

Michelle at STI (or wherever she is at). I had a pin shipped in from New York with legs on. The movers carried it up my 2 porch steps and into the house and unwrapped it and we all looked it over for damage of which there was none.

Michelle Bianchi

630-352-3312

2 weeks later
#21119 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Have never seen one of those !

859 produced.

#21138 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Oh I’ve had it before. The gf is really enjoying pinball and she tried LOTR at a friend’s and really enjoyed it so that’s why it’s back in the small lineup.

Smart man.

#21153 2 years ago

Galaxy is a great game!! So sad people keep killing them! yes Quicksilver is amazing, but Galaxy is too!

I agree, I really don't like the idea of killing one game to make another, but given that this Galaxy has a TERRIBLE paint job, a shot backglass, and only a so-so playfield..it's a perfect candidate for such a conversion IMO. If it didn't need a new glass and cab repaint, at a minimum, or if the PF were really nice..I probably wouldn't consider it.

Donor pins
------------------------------Quantity produced-----------------------------Sales price

Hot Hand............................ 4117 ..................................................$1000.00

Meteor................................ 8362...................................................$1500.00

Galaxy ............................... 5130 ..................................................1200.00
====================================================

Star Gazer........................... 869................................................... $9,000.00
Quicksilver .......................... 1201................................................. $8500.00

Wide Bodies

Flight 2000 ......................... 6301 ................................................ $2000.00

Cheetah............................... 1223 ................................................ $6500.00

Greatwich's production numbers for his Star Gazer play fields.

"around 100 Star Gazer play fields".

Seawitch play fields. "Around 40"
======================

Mirco Quicksilver play fields. Who knows? I forget how many QS play field harnesses Third Coast has said he made but less than 50.
====================================

Dragonfist 302 $5,000.00 +

The numbers support sacrificing some of these old Sterns and converting them.

#21169 2 years ago

My apologies! I did NOT mean to start this war!

No need to apologize. It is merely a discussion on the merits or demerits of converting an old pin.

One pinsider was restoring his original Star Gazer. For his restore, he used a Greatwich play field and a Greatwich back glass. And I believe he went with Alltek boards. And of course, a new paint job on his OG cabinet.

I'm am building mine using a Dracula cabinet. A Greatwich play field. And a Greatwich backglass and Alltek boards. We both have the 16B-6 transformer. ETC.

Whose pin is most original if the only limiting factor is the serial number on the cabinet? And without more data from Stern, what good is a serial number?

I know this from when I was test playing my Star Gazer build. It is a blast to play !

#21171 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

They never were in an arcade bar or bowling alley as a quicksilver or stargazer

Just pretend they are NIB. So, no 20 years of living in a smoke infested bar.

#21188 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

They will never play the same, as they were not factory built.

I would hazard a guess that no two pinball machines coming off the line will play the same. They were not put together with precision in mind. Big Game had a GI light sitting right under a rubber in the sling area and I had to move that light.

#21190 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

much closer than a Frankenstein machine that uses reproduction parts from top to bottom.

What do you call a Star Gazer with a repro play field and all of the original parts under the play field were transferred to the new play field? Is it a Frankenstein or a Star Gazer with a repro play field?

1 week later
#21257 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Three minutes in and you guessed correctly. I should have left the head artwork out of the picture. lol. It plays a game, but needs a good playfield cleaning, and good shop job. I'll restore it, with new backglass, cabinet repaint, playfield restore, etc. after I go through a couple of my other pins.[quoted image][quoted image]

A friend of mine has a Sky Rocket. His flipper have been converted from AC volts to DC volts. All he did was solder in a couple of bridge rectifiers to make the change. So, for $10.00 and a little bit of solder you can change to DC flippers.

It is nice playing pin but I only know it with DC flippers.

#21281 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

What's your play field look like?

#21283 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Yours has the good eye on the right hand side of the coin door below the shooter lane.

689da1ceaba1a8bfaf18c25921aa23333c0e7923 (resized).jpg689da1ceaba1a8bfaf18c25921aa23333c0e7923 (resized).jpg

Most Big Games I have seen pics of, as well as my Big Game, has the messed up right eye.

big_game_5 (resized).jpgbig_game_5 (resized).jpg

Here is the Big Game thread and the Stern Electronics thread.

Welcome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch/page/112#post-6462722

#21340 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Literally at 4pm she messaged me back saying the first guy never got back to her, and I was the second person in line, and I could have if I wanted, but I would need to get to her by 5pm

man-running-forward-record-run-fast-hand-drawn-stickman-cartoon-doodle-sketch-vector-graphic-illustration-sports-173994633 (resiman-running-forward-record-run-fast-hand-drawn-stickman-cartoon-doodle-sketch-vector-graphic-illustration-sports-173994633 (resi

1 week later
#21400 2 years ago
Quoted from goodypin18:

6 hour round trip for the ugliest translite known to man. At least the game is fun and the playfield is nice. Now, does anyone out there have a lockdown bar?

I think this bar from Pinball Life fits Laser War.

https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-black-front-molding-lockdown-bar-no-tournament-button-hole.html

#21407 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It will be hard to track this down. Most DE games of that era had black lockdown bars. When I needed one years ago, I actually had to buy a black one, sand it, and polish it.

When you sanded that one down was it stainless steel underneath?

#21414 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Yes but now that I posted above and think about it, it may have been a repainted classic Stern... Gdonovan mentioned a classic Stern would work. Keep in mind some of those have nipples and not tabs. The first 6 DE games had stainless lockdown bars... I believe the rest were black.
You are looking for one from the 1st 6 DE's or, from a classic Stern with tabs. This pic from POTO on IPDB looks like it is NOT stainless underneath:
[quoted image]

Thanks. I made the Stern/ DE discovery when I tried my Robocop bar on my Catacomb. I have a hard time thinking that Stern would use stainless when the bar was going to be painted black. But it would be a nice option for a Stern builder needing a stainless bar. I guess I could remove some paint from the underside of my Robo bar and see if stainless is hiding in there. But that POTO does look like it is not stainless.

1 week later
#21496 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

but my friend and I picked it up from Banning Wendsday, at least I saved one from going overseas.

What is this overseas business you are talking about?

Do I read this as a reason for some of the sky high prices that were coming out of that auction?

#21596 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I couldn't find one - so Rock Star will have to do.

The sacrifices one has to make.

#21597 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yeah - but I'm lighter in the wallet no doubt.
PF isn't as good as I could see in the pics, but it's ok. Might pull it and have Cpt Neo do this magic, we'll see.
It's heavy for a Gottlieb wedge head - that is for sure.

Does Rock Star has the same particle board play field my cousin's Blue Note has?

It might be something besides particle board but it is not a plywood playing surface we are all familiar with.

#21621 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The way prices are I was almost about to scratch it off my list

I thought you and gdonovan were the main price drivers out there

3 weeks later
#21839 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

After hearing all these stories of how fast pins multiply, I must have chosen the wrong first game. It took two years for Frodo to find a friend. Guess I’ll need to wait for the kids to go to bed to get a turn.

A little off-topic....

So, this is how the realtors do it. Those houses for sale pics make the rooms look huge and then when you go for a real look there is barely enough room for a TV and a divan.

753237281289f31bbb80f03fab664ca89aff8358 (resized).jpg753237281289f31bbb80f03fab664ca89aff8358 (resized).jpg

This has to be the shortest AD-DC and the longest LOTR on the planet. How do you do this photo stretching trickery?

#21842 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

Window is facing east, but had always been covered. I swapped the window out a couple weeks ago and will get blackouts as it’s our media room as well.

Yes, used the wide angle lens on my iPhone to fit both games in. If the LOTR was that short as well I could’ve fit them facing each other.

You have the picture perfect pinball equivalent of Laurel and Hardy.

EVQGgz5XgAAhCQB (resized).jpegEVQGgz5XgAAhCQB (resized).jpeg

#21885 2 years ago

These landed in my shop today. Projects for a friend of mine. Not sure I'll be able to do much with the Surf Side for him (bummer, as the game looks super fun) but I'm pretty sure the two Mata Haris are getting hardtops. I feel a lot more comfortable with those projects, even if they're starting out as basketcases..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A hardtop and some Weebly boards and you are ready to go.

2 weeks later
#22008 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Not exactly today, but my latest acquisition. Took it off my wish list.

Those sneaky artists. For that wholesome family machine, they manage to sneak in some cleavage on that girl wearing the blue dress.

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 4.17.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-07 at 4.17.19 PM (resized).png

#22064 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

On multiple occasions I have waited for my dinner to be ready because she was on a good enough game to put her name up.

That helps make for an understanding wife.

1 week later
#22151 2 years ago

You guys love pinball trivia!!
Super thrilled to nab this rare treasure!
[quoted image]

Captain Hook. 450 produced. Beautiful play field theme.

#22170 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Couple pics of yesterday's pickup after a deep cleaning. Cleaned up pretty good
[quoted image]

"I hate those outlanes "

"You shore need that ramp shot ".

1 week later
#22245 2 years ago

Delete: wrong thread

#22251 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Correct. And showing that there was no damage, so it must have fallen off due to it not being put in correctly

How many miles did you put on the car after the oil change and when the engine disintegrated?

#22254 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I got the car Wednesday night, noticed problems Friday night at end of my trip. So I drove to work Thursday and Friday without a problem
Miles? Around 300

So the mileage is documented? I assume you still have your receipt. I think it would be hard for the dealership to weasel out of this, but for the big bucks they are probably going to try.

A big plus is if you do not do any of your own work and take it to THIS dealership for all maintenance and repairs. And if do, hopefully you have saved all of your receipts.

Keep us apprised of your progress of getting satisfaction.

A Walmart shop tried to do the weasel on me but I had a stack of receipts showing all work done by Walmart. There was no monetary loss involved but if I had not able to produce the stack of receipts, Walmart would have walked me.

#22255 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I've changed my own oil my whole life. When I was a kid I heard stories of places just wiping off the filter so it looked new rather than change it. Rather have it done right for sure.

Maybe we should start a thread called "crooked auto mechanics" or maybe just "dumb auto mechanics". I have several of those stories.

#22262 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Played one on location once, had a decent impression game wise.

Stingray is a good player.

3 weeks later
#22492 2 years ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

Brought home Sega Forever today. Don't mind the mask, I just wear that so no one sees me driving a minivan

You look like the late Anton Levay

1 year later
#25641 1 year ago

Eventually I plan on building it into a coffee table with lights behind the inserts.

You will have half of pinside coming down on you for making a coffee table. They will think you are depriving someone of a playing pinball machine.

#25665 1 year ago
Quoted from waymon:

I learned my lesson when I posted about hanging a Star Race playfield

Only 874 produced. I imagine you took some heat.

I know someone who has a decent Star Race back glass but I don't know anybody who is needing one.

#25676 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wish someone yould make Lit Frames for real backglasses.

Have table saw. Will build to suit

#25697 1 year ago

Missed it by >< that much
What a score. Hoping I'll have a Stars at some point!
[quoted image]

Iola Ks is 102 miles from Topeka.

And 112 miles from Wichita.

Damn.

1 week later
#25766 1 year ago

This beater was dropped off at my place today. Not mine. Someone in my town is asking and looking to get this going. I’ll see what I can do, whew, might be a tough one.

Is this a pinball person that dropped it off? Or someone newly interested in spending money on a beater just to get into the hobby?

#25808 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Out of space for pins in the basement game room. Threw out the X-mas tree and took its' space in the living room for a new toy. But the dog can look down into a pinball machine now. He does NOT like Hulk. Sees him as a threat. Bark city.
[quoted image]

You must have a cool wife if she lets you commandeer the living room for a pin

#25813 1 year ago

I'm having my buddy pick up something I've wanted for 2ish years (I've only been doing this since Jan/2019) now. Sadly it's gonna sit in his warehouse in South Carolina until I can come get it. But it'll be safely waiting for me. Will post a follow-up when it's safely in his hands and the deal is 'done'.

You driving all the way to South Carolina to pick up that pin you were telling me about? Lord have mercy

#25822 1 year ago

TBH I probably overpaid for my pickup today.

I’ll be sure to keep you in mind when I am ready to sell

#25827 1 year ago

Not sure what an Ali is even worth at this point, they pop up so infrequently. I think mine's a pretty good example. It was $2950. But as Koji said...I'm used to only jumping on things because they're cheap. Things seem to get expensive when you seek them out specifically!

It is hard to see from your pics, but it looks like a nice play field. And the cabinet looks super. The alternative is to buy the cheap beater and spend a fortune's worth of time---and money---making it presentable.

Is $2950.00 too much? Who knows. But a Quicksilver in similar condition would set you back a lot more than that.

#25830 1 year ago

Yeah I think it looks like a pretty nice one for the most part. There are a couple of wear spots and some not great touchup in the middle, now covered by mylar. I might see about getting it all touched up and cleared at some point. But for the time being it looks plenty presentable -- better than some of the ones I've seen (not that I've seen many!). I'm okay with it. QS is definitely a looooootttt more expensive, in any condition.[quoted image][quoted image]

OK. When you get it here, bring it down and we can make a play field protector for it and smooth out the inserts.

#25855 1 year ago
Quoted from Bakchos:

Baywatch got a new home ❤️[quoted image][quoted image]

Baywatch is fun to play.

#25857 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

There should be an alternate BG, besides the Hoff.

Maybe Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee

#25877 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

There should be an alternate BG, besides the Hoff.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Maybe Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee

No Tommy Lee, but this would make a good translite

http---cdn.cnn.com-cnnnext-dam-assets-230201231723-pamela-anderson-baywatch (resized).jpghttp---cdn.cnn.com-cnnnext-dam-assets-230201231723-pamela-anderson-baywatch (resized).jpg

#25909 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Here’s a couple more after unloading. Sorry for the flash.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice score. play field and back glass look nice from the pics. Only 1300 produced.

#25913 1 year ago

+1
It's not a game that's really on my wishlist but I had a good time playing the nicely modded one dothedoo owns!

You have extra room in your shop. I am full up with nothing I want to sell. Buy that Freefall up in Canada I told you about. And I will come up and play the hell out of it for you

#25919 1 year ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Last night pick up. [quoted image]

I don't know who this woman is, but every time I see the Raven back glass, my mind sees Eva Longoria from Desperate Housewives.

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 7.02.31 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-02-07 at 7.02.31 PM (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#25931 1 year ago

A note to be careful when you are out buying a pin. And doing cash deals.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/off-duty-nypd-officer-fighting-life-after-shot/story?id=96901136

"The officer, who was off-duty, attempted to buy a car on Ruby Street in Brooklyn after the details of the purchase were arranged on social media, police said.

"When the officer arrived, the suspect immediately displayed a gun and announced the robbery, police said.

Be careful.

#25968 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I’m a glutton for punishment.

The word is: masochist.

#25982 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

It's rough but an absolute beauty, and yeah the original chrome flippers are intact. Just got it blown off going to start the basic cleanup during the game tonight. Already have a line on some of the parts I need after it's first once over.

BG Resto has your Big Deal back glass converted to Big Dick ( XXX rated)

The other Big Deal is different, too.

You might get hold of BG Resto and see if he might have the files for the original Big Deal back glass.

http://bgresto.com/?p=666

Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 7.22.44 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-02-12 at 7.22.44 PM (resized).jpg

i'm like Colson. I think it is a cool looking back glass.

#26005 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Brought home what’s gonna be the greatest fighter I’ve ever put myself up to restoring. Wore a mask on the drive home, for sure!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

All the parts look to be there. You are golden.
I have seen worse play fields. This one will clean up. Make a play field protector if the inserts are cupped.

With $60-$70 of super glue you can make that planked cabinet new again. Pinball Pimp sells the Ali stencils. And the cab floor can be replaced without too much effort.

A little bit of carpentry work will clean the back box up.

Dirty parts are dirty parts. They all clean up.

BG Resto has your back glass.

Sweat equity, my man. Sweat Equity

Nice score.

#26008 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

What's this super glue trick? Use it as a filler vs sanding down?

Probably more information than you were looking for, but here it is.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-a-planked-cabinet-for-restoration-painting-

I'll add this: I used the super glue and I used the wood hardener. The wood hardener is much cheaper, but I like the super glue action better. But either will work.

If you are left with questions, send me a PM.

Thanks.

#26016 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Yep, that is the arm of a Ref. NFL is FUCKING RIGGED.

ROTF. LAMO !!!!!! Your team lost, I'm guessing. Ha Ha Ha He He. Come back for more in 2024

I have never watched a Super Bowl in my life. I am a disinterested observer.

#26039 1 year ago
Quoted from dar8dar:

Picked this up today playfield is decent just dirty needs some TLC didn’t work got it home and my brother and I got it going in under 15 minutes
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's one wide flipper gap !

1 week later
#26094 1 year ago

Way nicer than the beater f2k I just picked up but I've always been intrigued by the game.

My OP friend would be all over that F2K. He sees the play field wear and thinks about the amount of quarters it took in.

#26103 1 year ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Bingo.
[quoted image]

I have never seen this pin before. I thought my pin chasing days were over, I found a good youtube video of this pin in action. Looks like is a blast to play. This one would put me on the road, again. Thanks for posting it.

#26117 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Big Game and Seawitch arrived today.
Big Game came with a Spare partially populated playfield, 4 flipper rebuild kit, spare board, spare spinners.
Seawitch came with a new playfield, new back glass, new plastic set.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your Big Game play field is in very good condition.

#26155 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Brought this one home yesterday.
[quoted image]

That will go good with that antique 7UP cooler you have

#26164 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Congratulations! That’s awesome news!

Quoted from dasvis:

IMHO, the best looking cabinet art in all of pinball!

Ok. This is Dr. No. I imagine From Russia with Love would never see the light of day, but there is Thunderball, Goldfinger, Diamonds re Forever, etc. Is it possible that Stern could camp out with more Bond pins?

#26201 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Stern Dracula project - out
Stern Big Game project - in
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You have perfect timing. FantasticPinball is going to reproduce the Big Game play field.

Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Big day for Big Game.
[quoted image]

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#26208 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Not at my place yet but thanks to Pinsider EagleTG it’s on the way! SUPER nice Fish Tales. I’ve wanted this for a long time and finally found one I thought was worth the asking price.
Thank you also to JodyG for his help and some extra goodies. This will live at my friends house for a little while as a thank you for picking it up for me. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks brand new !

1 week later
#26241 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ahh....yes. Colsond3, the Will Rogers of pinball machines. The man has never met a pinball machine he didn't like.

1 week later
#26330 1 year ago

FINALLY brought home an Alice Cooper after I bailed on my preorder back when it was new
Traded my way into this one at TPF. Lined up with my brother’s Spooky games. We’re gonna have to transport Transporter somewhere else (note: not for sale) in a few weeks when Scooby Doo arrives SpookyBug
[quoted image]

Nice score on Alice. My friend has one. It is fun to play.

#26350 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

17hr round trip to snag this rare one…. Condition is great and backglass is perfect, totally worth the $s and the drive.

Nice looking pin. I like how Gottlieb managed to get Star Trek in there. They did not call it Star Trek which would have had the Hollywood lawyers busy hanging paper. But it is Star Trek.

#26384 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My 4-year-old son must never see this. He would be obsessed with it.

Like father like son ?

#26393 1 year ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Brought home Fire Escape from TPF. Needed a bit of work but she’s playin mean now. Did a temp trade for Ringer for my Ice Cold Beer.
[quoted image]

First time I have seen this one. I found a YT video. I could see a lot of bar room betting going on with this.

https://www.amazon.com/4320P-Industrial-Strength-Cleaner-Degreaser/dp/B002HU5N4O/ref=sr_1_3

#26395 1 year ago

I think you posted that Purple Power link by mistake cottonm4 but heck if I wasn’t just about to go buy some at Home Depot for $3 more, so hey, thanks!

I guess I did. I have been having problems with my browser on Pinside today.

#26397 1 year ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Got my getaway today!
Traded my restored red meteor for a nice getaway with Mike from Ohio a kickass pinhead.
My brother and me did the road trip today from Louisville to Columbus.
Some good bro time!!
Put this badass pin right in my living room in my new house I just bought.
Divorce has let me be able to put a pin in my living room..lol
Plus find a girlfriend who digs pinball .
Good day after a tough year.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Right there in the front room ! Next to the TV !

Either you are not married or you have a VERY forgiving wife

#26400 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Read his story!

Where at? Link?

#26405 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

It is above his pictures!

Quoted from lowbeau67:

It's in my original post

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

He explained it exactly in his post above
Chris

Quoted from aaron6920:

Its in his post with the pictures.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#26431 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Can't see it now ... looks perfect!

Play pinball !!!

#26436 1 year ago

It's not a machine but the price I paid sure feels like one! Parts are expensive!
One pop not shown, didn't make it into the box.
[quoted image]

1 Stern drop assy. And 5 Ballys which can be made onto Stern drops by rotating the alignment plate.

Nice haul. As long as you did not pay bend-over prices for them

#26465 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Pray for us that we make it home. A Stern does not fit in a 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe. I had no idea. My fault for not checking first.
[quoted image]

in that case you have to remove the head. Not hard to do but a PIA. I have done this twice. Once for Munsters. Once for Ghostbusters.

1) Disconnect the 2 or 3 cables from the MPU. This may require removing a couple of cable-stay screws.

2) Get a piece of cardboard. Loosen the head hinge at the head and rotate it down and place cardboard between the hinge and the cabinet to protect the cab.

Have someone help you to steady the head.

3) Do the hinge on the other side.

4) Remove the 2 bolts that hold the head to the cab.

Get it all loaded safely in your transport vehicle.

As noted, not hard to do. Just a PIA.

#26467 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

All went fine. A little nerve wracking for and the lights inside the car stayed on the whole way home but all is well
Entire game was actually inside the car on the bottom so nothing hanging out just couldn’t put it all the way in and close the hatch.
Lesson learned

Now you know you can remove the head for transport; so you are in business if another pin opportunity comes your way. At least for a Spike 2 pin. The heads come off super easy.

#26480 1 year ago

Loaded my trailer full to help a friend get his life in order.
-Two bingos, will probably just get parted out
-Another Skypilot rotisserie I had made for him
-1978 playboy w/ Kruzman playfield to swap
-Paragon, just needs cleaned up -- second PF might be worthy of touch up and then swapping
-1952 skill pool plus an additional beat up lower cab and two crummy playfields that he's in WAY too deep on and will almost certainly take a giant loss selling
The doors barely closed. Brand new backglasses, plastics, playfields in the cab. Yeesh, I'm tired.

When can I come and visit your pinball shop?

#26512 12 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Now that you mention it, I have a pachinko machine I could put on the wall there.

Don't forget to wash your hands before you start to play

#26534 11 months ago
Quoted from gac:

Those are words, unfortunately, I will never mutter.

Why not? You think that is really his wife's pin.

#26539 11 months ago
Quoted from gac:

I guess I’ve ticked her off 17 times

And you are sleeping on the....?

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 8.54.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-04-29 at 8.54.22 PM (resized).png

#26555 11 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

PF = Pulp Fiction

Thanks for clearing up this PF acronym.

I'll add this to my ever growing list of acronyms

3 weeks later
#26675 11 months ago

I did not bring this home. I went to the Friday night auction to see if I could get it for a low price.

Nice back glass, nice play field with some minor insert sinking. GI turned on but pin did not work. Exceptional back glass. The plastics were complete trash. And all of the paperwork was there. Apparently is it was in someone's home for years.

A fellow pinsider showed up who owned and sold one of these a couple of years back. He pointed out this pins problems and advised of the difficulty of finding parts. We were thinking of maybe a couple hundred dollars.

The auctioneer started high at $5000.00. First bid came in at $500.00. There was a telephone bidder in on the action. The phone bidder got out at $850.00 and this pin hammered at $900.00 plus 10% buyers fee plus sales tax. My friend said they will be buried in this for close to $2000.00 after they buy all the parts they need.

My take: People who don't know much about pinball machines are driving this pin market.

This pic is from pinside. The one at auction looked just as nice.

Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 9.57.44 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-05-26 at 9.57.44 PM (resized).jpg

Sorry that this was not a take home post but I thought you all might like hearing about this pin at this price.

#26686 11 months ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Unfortunately the backglass is toast

You are in luck.

BG Resto makes repros of these.

http://bgresto.com/?p=1945

#26700 10 months ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Picked up this Gottlieb TKO locally. Seller reached out and we made a deal. Definitely a rare one.
[quoted image]

Picked up? Rare bird. Only 125 produced. I knew he had a 2nd one. That's a fun game to play. Different, but fun.

2 weeks later
#26755 10 months ago

I'm kinda surprised at that price but if makes people feel better about today's pricing...
[quoted image]

I kind of look at it this way:

For that $1845 for Totem at .25 per play, it took 7,380 plays for the OP to break even.

For a $10,000 Foo Fighters at a dollar per play, it will take 10,000 plays for the OP to break even.

We have a nice new arcade in Wichita that lets you play its new FF for 50 cents per play. At that rate it will take 20,000 plays for the OP to break even.

The above assumes the pin has no value after the break even numbers have been reached.

Compared to 1979, we play at bargain rates---but it still hurts to drop a dollar per play.

3 months later
#27475 6 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Thanks for the heads up. It looks OK from first looking at it. But I won't have it set up for a few months to see in detail. It's going into storage until Xmas. (Gift for the wife)

In the pic, your back glass does not look bad. Don't store it in a cold environment.

#27483 6 months ago

Picked this one up tonight. Zipper flipper game but the Backglass is cracked.

Suggest you contact BG Resto to make a new back glass. He has a lot of Bally back glasses but no 4 Queens.

http://bgresto.com

#27499 6 months ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Lotta Fun is a perfect first bingo.
Playing this six card game will get you to become a good player because of all the many number combinations it allows the player.
It will take some time to though to learn how to shake/nudge the ball around the playfield to make in line wins for payouts. There more you play the better you’ll get.
There is a lot of help out there for learning about Bingo’s. Good luck!

Are these bingo machines mostly luck? Or is there a lot of skill? E. G. Can a better player consistently beat average Joe?

#27510 6 months ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Bingo pinball machines are 80% skill and 20% luck.
First off a bingo player must first learn all the features each individual bingo pinball machine game offers and also study and (have in their head) all the number combinations each game offers.
The great thing about all the six card games Bally manufactured is they all have the same exact numbers on each card (1 thru 6), except one or two six cards games.
For first time bingo collectors in home use, a six card bingo is ideal, especially any one of the 1970’s Bally six card bingos. These 1970’s six card Bingos have many features that will allow a beginner to make in line wins for payouts. The best six card Bally bingo and the last EM six card bingo called Dixieland is the King of all six cards ever manufactured.
I can go on here typing away for ever explaining in detail these wonderful, challenging super smart pinball machines, but instead will leave a few bingo pinball links below for anyone really and truly want to invest in the time to learn about these marvelous pinball machines.
A great player with years of playing and thousands of hours on a Bingo pinball machine can consistently make in line wins of 3 and 4 in a line payouts, but as for the ultimate win of 5 in line it doesn’t come that often.
bingo.cdyn.con
Must visit Danny Leaches site there. I have a tremendous about of detailed information on Danny site about every six card ever manufactured by Bally and much more about all the 100 plus bingos manufactured. It’s a lot reading and studying to learn, but worth it. Also check out my YouTube page at Vic Camp Pinball and search on my page for Bingo Pinball Machines etc.. If anyone is seriously interested in adding a Bingo to their collection, just PM me here on Pinside with any questions or help etc..
Go here to learn about the internals mechanical and electrical inside a bingo..
http://www.pinballcollectorsresource.com/russ_files/inside.html
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the nice write up. If I ever have a chance to see one I'll give it a try. But my skill set does not include working on EMs so I would not consider owning one ( I saw the insides of a rifle machine one time. I think I would rather take on a National Cash Register to try to repair).

#27522 6 months ago

Woooooo, my four eyed alien babe is here!
[quoted image]

1 of 500 produced.

#27527 6 months ago

It's been on my "...if I come across one, I'm absolutely snagging it" list for a while. It's going right next to my Af-Tor tomorrow!
Needs drops replaced and a good shop job, but it's functional and pretty nice. Can't wait to play it.

it
I see some light damage on the inserts graphics. I could bring all my tools up and we could make you a play field protector to keep it looking nice. A sheet of .020 polycarbonate would cost around $40.00. With both of us working it, we could have it done in a day. That play field would be super easy to build a protector for.

Here is a you tube vid of this game in action. Dibbs if the old lady crawls up your ass and tells you to sell it

#27540 6 months ago

A buddy of mine got a screaming deal on 4 games that had sat in the same basement for 30+ years. The second he showed me the picture (several months ago) I told him I wanted andromeda if he didn't keep it. He picked them up late September and offered me the andromeda. Timing was bad, I had to charge it...but I wasn't going to let it slip away.[quoted image]

On second thought, why don't you just bring Andromeda to me and I will make you a play field protector---when I find the time

#27541 6 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Brought home a BOP today. The guy in the picture is Henry aka poppa pin.

Hey, let me throw something at the wall and see what sticks

#27546 6 months ago

You ain't got no space Lieutenant Dan!

I'm not married. Space can always be found

#27551 6 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Always funny when people associate marriage with nagging and/or loss of hobby.
I am married and out of space and my wife told me we are getting another pin, space be damned. We will get rid of the sofa before we get rid of games is what she said.
So there.

Well, aren't you one of the lucky ones

1 week later
#27634 6 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Hated by a lot of people who have never played it but brought home this SW Home Pin this week and the family is having fun. [quoted image][quoted image]

I played one of those at Denver Showdown 2 years ago. I guess Stern took some heat for the small screen and possibly the clever ball lock mechanism, but I thought played well.

#27648 6 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Stern but none of my other pins even have screens so I really don’t care. I play the playfield not the screen.

Same here.

#27649 6 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Early version of Joust, just needs a fuse.
[quoted image]

Bacon, did you find this game in the alley while walking Findley?

1 week later
#27713 5 months ago

Wow! Mega MPU-100 score there! Glad they found a good home RightNut !

And an Evel Knievel, too !

#27725 5 months ago

Picked this classic Gottlieb big flipper up two weeks ago and score an NOS back glass from Steve at Mayfair Amusements. Home owner claims they owned it for 28 years.
[quoted image]

I love Golden Arrow. My cousin has 18 wedgeheads in his collection. All the top titles. I like Golden Arrow the best.

#27750 5 months ago

I appreciate the video, but typical of most youtube "help" videos, there always seems to be an important piece of information not included.

In the case of this vid, the author starts out with, " this allows you to put a turning force on the center portion".

I'm still trying to figure out what "this" is. Did he cut a slot into the turning portion, or something else? I don't know. He does not say. Did he take a Dremel and cut a slot into the turning portion? I don't know. He did not say. I am left with assuming.

What is he using to turn the portion with? A hacksaw blade? I don't know. He did not say.

What is he using to push the little lock pins down with? I don't know. He did not say anything other than a pick. What kind of pick?

#27755 5 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I hear you.
I sold a co-worker a first pin a couple years ago (No Fear). They're moving and asked if I could help them take it apart to move it. So I hit Youtube hoping to be able to just send them a link. I found a couple, but same thing - "Ok, fold the head down...." Well, how do you do that? No explanation on how to remove the balls, how to remove translite or DMD, no mention of head bolts - long story short I drove over there last night after work and helped them break it down.
It's their first pin, and I sold it to them, so I don't really mind helping them, mainly just agreeing with the Youtube thing..........

Not sure why this garnered you a thumbs down. I gave it a thumbs up.

#27766 5 months ago

I had it shipped in last week. Too many miles to drive at this time. Does that count?

IMG_4517 (resized).JPGIMG_4517 (resized).JPG

IMG_4518 (resized).JPGIMG_4518 (resized).JPG

#27798 5 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Can't get Pinball Rescue stuff anymore.

There is a guy in Australia who knows the Pinball Rescue guys and has sent us some apron decals for the classic Sterns we have been building.

I'll see if I can find one his posts and ask if he minds if I give out his pinside contact info.

#27800 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There is a guy in Australia who knows the Pinball Rescue guys and has sent us some apron decals for the classic Sterns we have been building.
I'll see if I can find one his posts and ask if he minds if I give out his pinside contact info.

I made contact, but I cannot help you.

2 weeks later
#27886 4 months ago
Quoted from undrdog:

You Texas boys better start hoarding your pennies

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 218.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
276 posts in this topic match your search for posts by cottonm4. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.