(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,636 posts
  • 2,294 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 582 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0327.jpeg
IMG_6671 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4118 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0219 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0224 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0218 (resized).jpeg
20240416_122827 (resized).jpg
20240416_122417 (resized).jpg
20240416_123832 (resized).jpg
IMG_1980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1953 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1954 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0550 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,000 posts in this topic match your search for posts by colsond3. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1492 8 years ago

That is a nice friggin game...looks cherry. Awesome find.

#1504 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I also picked up this project. Today was a good day!!

Nice CFTBL, and son of a bitch!!! I've been looking for a Haunted House forever, and can never find one that someone is willing to sell for a reasonable price (as most of them need work). Perhaps I should come hang out in Kentucky for a week or two.

#1509 8 years ago

Picked this up Sunday...set it up tonight and hit multiball on my second game. Thanks to jkashani for a smooth transaction and nice game. Hope the Star Trek is treating you well.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1520 8 years ago

Black hole might end up being next for me on the list. Once I get this haunted house 100% I will only want one more. Lol. Looks awesome.

It's always just one more...LOL. You bring a game home thinking that's it...than you're online looking to see what else is out there within hours. I wonder if there is an anti-pinball medication I could take? (at least to settle me down for a couple months)

#1521 8 years ago

Lol. I see how that read now. I want all of them. I meant to say once I get the haunted house running right I will only want black hole more.

When you're done with HH, maybe we can talk.

#1522 8 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Picked up this JM today dont really know much about this pin but heard it plays fast and gives u a hand job! Merry Christmas!

Great find and fun game. Merry Christmas!!

#1527 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I don't have more is because I'm out of space in my temp gameroom and had to throw WoZ in the dining room. I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't tolerate any more than one game in the dining room.

There's always room for another LOL!!! Even in the dining room or kitchen, all you have to do is get her a removable wooden block to mod it out, and convince her that when placed over the playfield the machine will double as either an island or a chopping block to assist her with food preparation. #laydownthelaw hahaha

#1528 8 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

EDIT: I found this pin "in the wild" at a local bowling alley. Tracked down the owner/operator and after 2 years, he finally sold it to me!

Nice patience....and it definitely paid off!!!!! Great game and fantastic find.

#1529 8 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Picked this up about a month ago but kept forgetting to take a photo

Son of a bitch!!! I've been looking for a Mystic forever. Can never find one close to my area. Was it reasonably priced? Awesome game, great artwork. Happy Holidays to you.

#1541 8 years ago
Quoted from Scrmblr2:

I brought home a WW 2 days ago. I now have 2 machines

Great looking game...and awesome pic with the kids playing!

#1558 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

They dont come any cheesier than this...

Game looks like it's in excellent condition though...good find.

2 weeks later
#1655 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I bought this machine in working condition, while transporting it home the top section came loose, fell forward and broke the back glass, I am not a machine repairman, needless to say I no longer have an interest in this machine

Wow...that really sucks, especially for a low production game. Not often you see the bottom of the BB still attached to the cabinet. And to think removing four bolts could have prevented it all!! Good luck finding a replacement BG for that one. It's time for a rethemed pin!

#1668 8 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Drove to PA and picked up this flawlessly restored Sing Along. Nick Raschilla is a master ...... And a heck of a nice guy!

That game is friggin nice!!! I've been looking for a nice Sing Along for a long time...and you grabbed this one from my state!! Awesome find and great addition to your collection. Let me know when you're ready to sell LOL.

#1669 8 years ago

Was able to get this home before the snow storm....clean game with a NOS backglass included. Small board issue, but easily fixable. Excited to finally move this from my wishlist to my collection!! Now I'll use the snow as an excuse to sit here and LED it, rather than start chanting REDRUM and going insane...

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1681 8 years ago

Corvette looks good!! Fun game and looks to be in relatively good condition for a project. Nice add to the line-up.

1 week later
#1711 8 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Picked up my first 90's pin this past weekend. Really excited as I've been mostly a vid guy up until the past year and only had an EM up until now. Also, my first post

FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

Awesome first 90's pin to get...the vids will start leaving soon to make room for more pins!! hahaha

#1720 8 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

My first bingo machine! Long road trip to NJ but nothing I haven't done before
Its_Alive_(resized).JPG

Damn it!!! Wish I would've seen that...I'm a hop, skip and jump away from NJ. Awesome find. I would have snatched that up in a second.

#1733 8 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Williams Star Light
I guess they only made 100 of these

Sweet...I've never even seen that game before. BG is awesome. Nice grab!

#1768 8 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Got a nice Xenon this week

Awesome looking game...both of them that were listed.

#1769 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It looks worth at least $120 to me.

Joking? That is definitely a steal for only $120. I would actually take practically any wedgehead you could throw at me for $120.

#1770 8 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

picked this getaway up a few days ago.

getaway_(resized).jpg

Awesome grab!! Game looks clean as hell, and love the alternate translite. Did they give you the original translite as well?

#1789 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

1975 Chicago Coin Super Flipper. Not "real" pinball but pretty dang cool just the same.....

IMG_0601_(resized).JPG

+1. That game does look awesome. Very unique..nice add to the line up!

#1790 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then you get the booby prize!

Backglass_(resized).jpg

Hahaha. I take it back...not that game!

#1794 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I picked up a grail yesterday/ I got it from a fellow pinsider.

Game looks sweet..great condition and very nice PF. Don't let the kids bang it up!!! LOL.

#1803 8 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Picked up a globetrotters it needs some tlc but should turn out nice.

I did a full resto on one of these last year...restenciled the cabinet and everything. Let me know if you need anything!

#1812 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

DIRTY and has power issues, but gonna be a fun one!

Absolutely awesome! Torpedo Alley is an excellent game. I had one that I pretty much restored completely, then traded it in a deal I ultimately was screwed on. I've regretted moving that game out ever since I did. Cheesy BG, but great gameplay and audio on that pin, and very low production...I think 1,002 or something. I would buy another in a second.

#1824 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

After a few months of playing it cool... A free pin, first time for everything

Looks like the PF is actually pretty nice on that too...for free can never go wrong!

#1825 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

2 rares in 2 days. Time to throw down on the lotto.

Awesome grabs...I've never even seen the Alvin G Garage Band game before. You're making me miss my Torpedo Alley even more!! LOL. Should've never moved that friggin game!

#1851 8 years ago

Saved this from certain death this morning...if the guy didn't sell it by the end of the weekend, he was going to sell it to another guy that wanted to part it out. BG has some minor flaking, but the PF is more than decent and all of the mechs and brackets underneath the PF look like they're brand new. Shiny. Another one saved from the graveyard.

#1866 8 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Last week - 2 days, 2 pins. Laser War is a blast! And Mav ain't too shabby either.

Awesome finds...games look clean and very good condition.

#1867 8 years ago

Brought this one home today...Vulcan and Freddy within 24 hours. I have a serious problem.

#1875 8 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Thanks, totally bang for buck! I usually shop them instantly, like I did with Mav. - Get pin, drive to PBL to see Terry, spend the next 20hrs shopping.., enjoy..
Wish I could find deals on pins like TZ above.. But around here they cost about a kidney to a kidney n a half..

Well remember...you can survive just fine with one kidney! LOL. And yes, I dream of the day I find either a SS or TZ in a barn. I'd have a better chance of finding a Fathom for $100.

#1876 8 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

What vehicle did you use? System 3's won't fit in my Equinox. It looks like yours was pretty darn close!

I have a GMC Terrain. It actually didn't fit...had to go the old straps, bungees and hope for the best route. One thing I hate about most Gottlieb DMD's. They made the cabinets about 3-4 inches deeper than Williams/Bally games (well just about any other games), and for no apparent reason.

The only two games I've picked up since I bought the Terrain last year that wouldn't fit comfortably...Freddy and Cue Ball Wizard. Damn you Gottlieb!!! I fit my BF (widebody/large game) no problem, but not a CBW? Go figure. I miss my GMC Envoy Denali that I traded in...fit two games comfortably no problem.

Luckily for Freddy (as well as my nerves and well-being), I only had to drive a whole 7.3 miles home with it strapped. I think that is the closest I've driven to get a pin in two years.

#1877 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

that looks like my old one!

That it is sir...picked up from Daz!

#1897 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Something very, very special rolled in the door late last night....

Game looks to be in excellent condition!! Great find, don't come across a Spirit every day...or ever. Nice Gottlieb line up you have going there! Congrats on the new addition.

#1900 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Thanks! I feel very fortunate. The playfield was restored by HSA and the previous owner was a great guy.
This Spirit happen to be part of the Gottlieb test program where it went out to an operator with specific documentation, including technical and earnings test reports ... and I have all the docs! The paper trail for this game is just fantastic to thumb through.

That is very cool. To be able to see the history and locations the game has seen is something you often don't have a chance to do...at least not in any great detail. I have a Gottlieb Spider-Man that has a "State of Arkansas Amusement Machine / Gambling Permit" bolted to the front of it. People always tell me to remove it, but I don't think I will. I think it's cool...shows where the game has been (it's now far away in PA) and gives it character. I'm not one that thinks it's cool or attractive leaving "Vince was here '85" scraped down the side of one of my games, but a permit gambling placard as small as this one? I think that stays.

#1901 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Simpsons Pinball Party supplied by Pinball Heaven in the UK
13 Years old and may as well have been NIB, did the previous owner ever bother to play it?
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're not kidding! Look at the bottom of that thing. No black smudge or marks of any kind. Game looks nice and clean.

#1911 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Picked up two games this week...a BOP and Barb Wire. Both in working order, but need some repairs and shopping.

Nice grabs...that's what your "business" in NJ was??!! LOL. Barb Wire is actually a pretty decent game. I was surprised when I played one two years ago. And BOP is a BOP..bedazzled or not. Fun pin.

#1914 8 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

When you ring the door bell, does peter parker answer the coin door?

Actually Mary Jane does. It's hard to understand what she's saying once I step in front of the coin door though

If you don't have the doorbell credit button mod done on your pin you're definitely missing out!! Game was actually like that when I bought it home...haven't gotten around to replacing or removing it thus far.

1 week later
#1963 8 years ago

Woo hoo!! Sold my BSD back in November, and hated myself for moving it. Just replaced it today!!!

#1972 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

This is a good day.

Don't see that game every day...nice grab! Fun ramps on that pin.

#1987 8 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Landed a Cyclone recently - love it. (Also in need of some plastics - one piece in particular but I'd buy a full set if I had to.)

Awesome! Game looks nice and clean. Good score.

#1988 8 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I have to say that this is my favorite thread on pinside. I can't explain why but I love seeing pics of machines loaded in vehicles going to/arriving at their new homes. I've got a problem I think.

Everyone on this site has a problem. LOL

#1989 8 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Good "business" trip today!

One of my grail pins!! I've missed out on quite a few Medusas, unfortunately. Not an easy game to come by. Congrats on the addition!

3 weeks later
#2147 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

12932729_10156770523985553_2526280836481726475_n_(resized).jpg

Awesome pick up....I play mine every time I step into the gameroom.

#2148 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Was a Birthday present to myself. Delivered 3/31/2016 late post but nonetheless awesome!

Great John....glad you finally got it!! Fun game. I'll have to check it out next time I'm over. I know someone that has an extra TWD topper they might be willing to get rid of if you're interested.

#2149 8 years ago

Bought home in the last two weeks (crazy busy) and started another thread for the Mystic, but thought I'd chime them in here.

Saved the FC from Todd before he threw it off the roof LOL...repainted cab but couldn't let it go to the dump. Mystic grabbed from Jack O'Reilly in Lavalette, NJ. Perfect BG and head, all original boards in excellent shape. Game was damaged a little in Sandy, so going to attempt a resto and see what I can do with it. Definitely didn't want a Mystic in a graveyard somewhere.

1 week later
#2184 8 years ago

Grabbed a Marilyn Taxi from another fellow Pinsider.

#2192 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Really don't have the space for this Gottlieb wedgehead, but will be a nice restoration project for the Spring months ahead. I'm sure once I am finish putting my magic touches on the game, I find a place for it.

Abra_4-17-16_006_(resized).JPGAbra_4-17-16_008_(resized).JPGAbra_4-17-16_007_(resized).JPGAbra_4-17-16_009_(resized).JPGAbra_4-17-16_046_(resized).JPG

There's always room for an Abra Ca Dabra!

3 weeks later
#2367 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

No. IT was not bought at the show. Came out of a private collection and was way nicer than those at the show. TX...TX...TX...

Nice Bill....now I'll have to stop by and set the high score after Tom's done telling you what imperfections it has. LOL

#2368 7 years ago

Brought this puppy home...dark garage with an auto lift that was conveniently painted black to match the lurky darkness, which cost me a 3-inch gash in my head and some blood loss. Ironic given the title. And damn it Forceflow!!! Now I have to make another keychain LOL.

EDIT: Sorry for the ultra crappy photos. They didn't look like that on my phone.

photo_1_(resized).JPGphoto_1_(resized).JPG
photo_3_(resized).JPGphoto_3_(resized).JPG
photo_4_(resized).JPGphoto_4_(resized).JPG

#2370 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, since you picked up a Devil's Dare before I did, the keychain can be yours again since I can't put it to immediate use

It's all good...I can make another one easily. R911's a cool game...even though the helicopter doesn't work on half of them that you come across.

#2374 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Glad you found another one. I know you really wanted the one back you sold me, but I still to this day love it too much to let it go to anybody and you were always my first candidate to sell it back to if it came to that as promised back then. Looks like your new one has a nicer playfield too. Awesome!

There's always another one out there somewhere!!! Just have to be at the right place at the right time. Glad I was able to give you a great deal on the first one...and you still have it.

#2375 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

The other one is still in good hands and it sure isn't lonely!

And glancing back at your photo....make sure you have those pins run through a surge protector unless you want to replace a bunch of boards in one shot should your house get a jolt!!!

#2377 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Another one just popped up in Boston on CL 10 minutes ago.

Looks pretty decent actually, but $950 with a flaky BG is a bit much. I like the rifles in the background of his 4th photo, and I'm not sure what he "washed down" the playfield with. Hopefully CP-100, and not a bucket and sponge. LMAO

1 week later
#2429 7 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

I'm in the EM club. Working Super-Flite for $85. No paint on BG, but at least the guy started to sand the lead paint off for me!

Sweet....nice grab even in that condition for $85. I had a Strato-Flite before. Awesome game. For some reason, I want to own another one just to have the blue star pop bumper caps. No idea why Williams didn't use those pop caps on more games than they did. Had a Triple Strike before also and at least it had one of those caps on it's sole pop. Good luck with the resto!

Quoted from Pecos:

More pointy people for Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour! And this my second bowling theme pinball in just a few short months - Williams 1970 Strike Zone:

Another good grab Pecos....gotta love the Christian Marche pointy people!!!!

Quoted from Pinwizkid:

The Airborne Avenger has landed!

Great game...I've seen these all over the place lately. Looks like it's in nice condition. If you come across another, let me know. I need an MPU for my Superman. LOL.

#2430 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

The artwork on Atari pins is incredible. The art was done by George Opperman who also designed the Atari logo as well as tons of art for Atari arcade games and 2600 boxes/cartridges. A true master of art and graphic design who sadly died of cancer in 1985 rather suddenly.
I found a great picture of George Opperman working on the backglass art for Airborne Avenger (he is in the center).

Speaking of Atari...for a minor sidebar...for those who haven't seen it you have to watch Atari: Game Over. Saw it a few months ago, and it is absolutely nuts.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3715406/

#2477 7 years ago
Quoted from Tickerguy:

Picked up an Apollo 13 the other day; it has a few problems and was once on a route (maybe 10+ years ago) but has been sitting in a dude's house for a good long time with no attention of note.

Awesome grab and great game...even for a Bally Williams guy LOL. Game looks like it's in pretty good shape, even needing a tune up and some other work. Congrats!!

#2478 7 years ago

Bought this gem home. Was apparently sitting around for years needing work, and the guy was just getting ready to part it out because it was missing the BG and he couldn't get it running. I couldn't let that happen given that it's pretty much complete, and with a production of only 1,492 pins. Luckily I was able to talk him into a good price so I could save and restore it, and I had it partially working after spending a 1/2 hour with it. Had Secret Service ROMs on the MPU, and a few transistors blown. If anybody knows someone that has a BG, let me know!!

photo_2_(resized).JPGphoto_2_(resized).JPG
photo_4_(resized).JPGphoto_4_(resized).JPG
photo_5_(resized).JPGphoto_5_(resized).JPG

#2481 7 years ago

First pic...DD when I bought it home two weeks ago after losing two pints of blood during pick up (game was half dead, as nearly was I). Next four pics after regenerating my blood, and finally having some time to spend on it. Game is cleaning up nice, and I was actually able to save the legs and polish them up nice. Much better with LED's on top and under the PF, even though I'm usually modest with putting too many LED's in older SS games. This one just screamed for it.

photo_5_(resized).JPGphoto_5_(resized).JPG

photo_8_(resized).JPGphoto_8_(resized).JPG

photo_9_(resized).JPGphoto_9_(resized).JPG

photo_10_(resized).JPGphoto_10_(resized).JPG

#2482 7 years ago
Quoted from Tickerguy:

My only real gripe in working on it as a Bally/Williams WPC era guy (Safe Cracker and No Fear plus owning both Pin2ks) is that Sega appears to pay exactly zero attention to mechanical access once initially assembled -- even simple things like GI sockets. Wire looms over the subway under the board making its removal essentially impossible without un-looming all the wiretie bundling and similar plus there are click-board wedge sockets inside the subway molding when it's all bolted up (just try getting those off to re-lamp without having to move the subway out of the way) as just a couple of many examples.

Couldn't agree more. I have a cherry BF, and working on it compared to B/W games is certainly a task. I think I would throw a color DMD in it...that would definitely be a cool upgrade for that title. Still a great find...you don't come across Apollo's all that much anymore.

#2510 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This Heat Wave showed up a couple days ago. Although the backglass has a small break in the corner and has some paint loss on the head, the playfield and everything on it and in it is in very nice shape. And

Damn it odin!! You have a River Boat! I just missed out on a nice one of those in NJ last year. The seller had restenciled the cabinet, and did a good job. The game looked like a NIB. You definitely have some hard to find games. Congrats on the Heat Wave.

#2511 7 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

The problem is that everyone here was right. I only have room for one pin but somehow I now have two. Pinbot will stay in the garage at least until I clean him up and get it ready before the heat comes but after that I'm gonna need a bigger house.

Sir, surely you jest? LOL. We all had room for just one or two pins when we started. Then the illness set in...get ready to see your wife doing a lot of this...

#2540 7 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Brought home a Bally Captain Fantastic Home version. It's practically new, just has some tape on the glass. Doesn't start a game, but the feature lights and flippers work.

That's actually a pretty cool little game. Looks like it's in really nice condition. I tried to save one a year or two ago that somebody was ripping apart, but they wouldn't let it go for cheap enough and parted it out. A damn shame, even for a home use model. You certainly don't see many of these anymore.

#2541 7 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

I drove 1500 miles this weekend to pick up a Bad Cats from a fellow pinsider. Came home with a CPR playfield and plastics set too. The game will be gorgeous when I get the swap and shop done... I've been looking for this one for more than 3 YEARS!!!

Cabinet looks awesome on that thing! Great game and worth the wait you endured to find a nice example. I've been trying to get Freddy's for two years and he won't let it go...

#2546 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Come get it before it goes to texas

You didn't sell it.....................

#2562 7 years ago
Quoted from eldy76:

Brought this home the other day. Now I just need to figure out where to put it.

Looks fine just where it is...just close the blind behind it to prevent cab fade.

#2564 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Well technically, it was yesterday, oh who cares I'll post it anyways....!
It has to warm up....
So it can KILL YEEEEEEWWW!
SHOWTIME!!!!!!

3 great pins...congrats on the TAF.

#2569 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Congo is sitting outside my office window .... torture

Definitely, right? I absolutely hate taking a break to grab a game then heading back to my office. It almost feels sacrilegious to leave it sit out there. And always love a good yet indirect reference to current events...

#2578 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I finally got around to installing a 1979 Stern Dracula playfield to a coffee table bought off of CR. I know a great carpenter for finish trim and furniture in Toledo. He did the router work to set the glass flush. I bring home the table Sunday.

What happened to the rest of the game? That PF actually looks pretty good, compared to most Stern Drac's that usually have a ton of wear over the face in front of the flippers, and up near the top right drop bank.

#2580 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

The plastics are warped too. Sold the drops and stand ups to a friend. Took some time to clean the playfield and install a rink kit to make it look nice and I just ordered 4 new pop bumper caps from Pinball Resource.

If you bought it that way...whew! (I'm not big on ripping games apart if they can be saved or reanimated). Table looks good! I have some other plastics and what not from the 3 Stern Drac's I had previously, so let me know if you need anything else.

#2591 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Picked up BOPP yesterday and it was kind of a strange transaction.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I think that by law, you have to tell the story now.......

I couldn't agree more. Tell the story.......tell the story!!!!!!

#2592 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Love this thread. Finally got my Shadow this weekend. Deal was in the works for a long time and took an 8 hour round trip to get it.

Awesome grab. Aurich's translite is so much better on that pin IMO.

#2599 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

He then calls back and dais to just go to his property and it's sitting in a airplane hanger/barn thing, load it up and enjoy. The road to his place was a pretty gnarly mountain road and I was glad I was in a small honda crv. I get there and there it is just sitting. No one in sight, no one home, nothing. I felt kinda awkward loading it up and taking it home without talking to the owner in person.

Quoted from snyper2099:

I've been buying stuff over the internet for a long time and I would definately feel odd loading that one up as well.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Prolly sold his neighbor's game without his neighbor knowing

I think I agree with yzfguy. I've picked up a lot of games, and that is pretty friggin weird. You show up and it's just sitting outside of a barn in the middle of a field. Nobody around at all? Did you keep looking around as you were loading it? LOL. I would feel like I was stealing the game. Very awesome that the condition sounds good and better than you expected. Nice find, and a nice game.

1 week later
#2628 7 years ago

Starting the long hike home with a fully restored Gottlieb Incredible Hulk!! So glad to have this one back in the lineup.

#2644 7 years ago

A few pics of yesterday's awesome acquisition, other than just me in the car. Guy did a great job on this game. Of course, the display fuse popped as soon as I was taking the pictures.

#2651 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Picked up my second pin today. This is turning out to be quite the addicting hobby....

And you're just getting started. Hope you have room for 10 more pins...

#2693 7 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

These 2 picked up during the week

Quoted from tominator:

That Stern Catacomb is soooo cool! I have never seen one before. Is it fun? Great art on it!

Quoted from Methos:

Art is great, but the game play is so/so.

Quoted from Pinterest:

Really? I played one at Pintastic last year - thought it was pretty fun!

Very cool Catacomb...thing looks nice!! My buddy has one and he'll never sell it to me despite me constantly bugging him. It's just sitting in his garage "waiting for restoration" which he never even starts. I think the gameplay is very good on this pin including the bagatelle, considering it's an early Stern. Regret selling my Lightning a while back...good gameplay on that one also, even though Catacomb is much better. And who doesn't want to look at slutty girls? The artwork is great and provocative, and it's just an attractive game with a different color palate than most. Nice grab.

#2694 7 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Well.....this would be luck number 5 (and a half). Only 1994 1/2 left to go

Very cool. I've missed out on two of these in the past year!!!! SOAB!!

#2705 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Do the restoration for him. You get to play it and look at the awesome artwork at his expense.

Hahaha...I've offered, all to no avail. He responds as quickly as Jubilee's sell. Bummer.

#2707 7 years ago
Quoted from woz:

I purchased this Q*Bert several years ago, played a few games then loaned it to a friend as I didn't have any space in my house. Got a call last week that he needed it moved ASAP as he is selling his house, so here it is back home again!

Nice...you don't see that game every day.

#2711 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

ID4 is finally back! I've been hanging on to a repro alien head for 2 or 3 years now, who would have thought the machine I finally get doesn't even need one?

Nice grab...and +1 on ^^^^^. I've looked for one of those for a while, but the only ones I have come across were too beat up to justify spending the cash the seller wanted. Let me know when you want to move it.

#2714 7 years ago

And BTW, sarcasm is awesome (even though I walked right into that one). Hahahaha

Chuck_funny_(resized).jpgChuck_funny_(resized).jpg

#2718 7 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Stuck in traffic... Damn construction.

Nice grab...and word play. Interesting lock down bar. Painted and clear-coated, or decal?

#2724 7 years ago
Quoted from Vilepickle:

I also picked up a Tri zone in Michigan (west side) a week or so ago! It's my first pin, I paid 375 for it. It doesn't work so I'm putting more into it than I would've liked, but it seemed like a pretty fair amount.

Awesome, and a decent price. Good luck getting it going...welcome to the illness (I mean hobby) of pinball.

#2747 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

My BSD has the light board on a hinge. I've never seen one attached to the backglass like that.

Yeah, BSD has the old school or common light door. Like Chosen said, quite a few WPC games started to have the light door/box attached to the BG or translite. MB is that way also. A little weird and not as accessible IMO.

#2754 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I picked up this Bally Vector on Wednesday for $600. It wasn't working when I took it home, so it was a gamble on the displays/boards.

Quoted from Pahuffman:

I picked up this Bally Vector on Wednesday for $600. It wasn't working when I took it home, so it was a gamble on the displays/boards. I resat the rom in U6 and it fired right up. All displays perfect. Aside from one cracked plastic, this thing is in pretty good shape and should clean up nicely. Boards actually look great, and the batteries were relocated at some point. Backglass is 10/10. Do y'all think this was a good price?

Sounds like a great price for that title...they don't come up all too often. And it sounds like it's in excellent condition overall and doesn't need much. Awesome find, especially if the backglass is perfect!!!

#2763 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Picked up Friday evening and dropped off at my buddies house. He and I spent most of Saturday tearing it down and bringing this WPT back to life.

Game looks great after some work Bos. Did they really have incandescents in that game still? That game screams for LED's.

4 weeks later
#2895 7 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Picked up a Xenon last week! Needs some Playfield work but it will make for a nice project.

So jealous...I've been trying to hunt down a decently priced Xenon for some time now. Nice grab!!!

#2897 7 years ago

I've never seen that game before...interesting. Nice find!! Those early Williams EM's weigh a ton with the tapered front on the cab...I had a Pot O' Gold before...my first pin ever. That game was a beast...but cool bagatelle for bonus in the backglass.

1 week later
#2958 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffLadder:

Just got this, sad part is I'd be surprised if I have it 6 months before it goes back to the previous owner. Thanks Colson

Definitely...I'll be back for it. Hahaha. I was sad at home looking at the empty spot after I dropped it off, so I got in my car and took off. But then late last night I heard such a clatter...but it wasn't St. Nick, it was........Frankenstein!!

IMG_6569_(resized).JPGIMG_6569_(resized).JPG

#2959 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Picked this up at terminal yesterday

Nice grab Bill........I'll be over to check it out. I didn't even get a chance to play GB at Pinfest.

#2960 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

CV now is in my empty spot finally. It was on my wishlist since 2011

Always feels great to scratch one off the wishlist...great pick up. Despite some people not liking it, I love CV. Not an easy game to master, and just colorful as hell.

#2962 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Couple that have been on the wish list in the truck!

God damn...Torpedo Alley!!!! Awesome rare title. Should have never traded mine.

#2969 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Never played one...hint hint!

Any time you're ready Bill........you know the address! Franky is here waiting. And bring freddy so he can start to point out imperfections or what he doesn't like about it. Hahaha. He always enjoys my "monster" line up.

A better pic now that it's out of stand by mode and in part of the collection. Original owner had incans in it, even under the PF inserts. So I started LED'ing the crap out of it last night.

IMG_6570_(resized).JPGIMG_6570_(resized).JPG

#2971 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I would like one to put next to my BSD.

Definitely.

#2973 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Yeah, been wanting a TA for awhile...not in great shape but pumped!

I'm totally in for some T&A..hahaha. I totally refurbed mine when I had it...dead machine when I bought it home. The thing looked great and played awesome by the time I was done with it...even got a new Pinscore LED display which I don't think the game value justified, but what the hell. It was a nice upgrade. Definitely recommend one of those for your TA. It is a game that cleans up very well, and isn't too difficult to restore. I even miss the loud echoey radar bleeping in attract mode. Let me know when you're done with it or ready to move it out!! I'll take it off your hands.

#2986 7 years ago

How does this happen?!!!! I'm in the middle of downsizing the line up, and then Bobby Orr thumbed me down while hitchhiking today. Had to pick him up. This game was sitting in a barn for a few months, and needs a little more than the seller led on. However, there's always a bright side...I removed the glass to find a brand new Alltek MPU in the backbox. I already got a great deal, and that made it even sweeter and worth the trip.

#3020 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

An unfaded BSD is a thing to behold. Nice find.

Like the subject "man" of the game, it simply doesn't fare well in sunlight. That's the second BSD on here brought home within a week...keep them coming! "Welcome to my home."

#3021 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I want one sooo bad!!!! anyone selling?

We have a nice one at the store. I could work with you on price, but you'd have to get it shipped. PM me if you want to chat.

#3030 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Over the last week or so....

Nice Tron...and finally picked up a BSD!!! Nice.

#3034 7 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I haven't even played one before, so I hope I like it.

What the hell? Are you waiting for the Stay Puft guy on top of the machine to read the instructions and set it up? Hahaha. He seems otherwise occupied wondering that is under the red sheet. Get legs on that thing, fold up the BB and boot it up!!

#3042 7 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

Game works, but has a display issue and needs a good cleaning.

Quoted from freddy:

THAT ONE IS UP COLSONS ALLEY! nice find!

Stern Dracula is awesome and legen....wait for it.......dary.

#3043 7 years ago

I want to bring this game home to continue the vampire line up.......badly. Good luck finding one though.

Mephisto BG 3 (resized).jpgMephisto BG 3 (resized).jpg

#3063 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

We need to take a trip out of country to search for hard to find pins. I want some Brazilian Taito pins so badly.

I'm down for a trip. I could use a break. Might be more cost efficient for us to just charter a small plane...with plenty of cargo area. Hahaha

#3064 7 years ago

As you should be..........awesome game. A lot of BSD's coming home lately in this thread, and another with what appears to be no fade. Welcome to the club.

#3068 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i'll be honest, that's the good side. other side has a gradual fade out to the u-l-a. that will strategically be faced towards the bathroom corner of my basement. this will be my first pin on row/wall 2. it seems these things multiply.

Yes, yes they certainly do. Like God damn gremlins that got wet.

#3077 7 years ago
Quoted from pdxpinball:

picked these up from a long time client,all at once.

Ashame you're not closer...I'd take one of them off your hands, especially if any have the no stars backglass.

#3078 7 years ago

Thursday night my 3-year old daughter must have overheard me on the phone. All night she kept saying "I want my own line up." Brought home a little Marvel Hulk game for her yesterday to put next to her Wico Big Top. She's been playing Hulk since 6am...and I'm tired. At least she's happy that she can finally play a game without a stool.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3144 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My first EM!
Needs a little work, which im really looking forward too. As a dmd guy, i can really appreciate how easy it is to take these guys apart and move them. Oh, and its a sample game! Very clean inside and out.

Was that the one from CL that was partially shopped and worked on, but left partially disassembled? If so, I was really debating on that...game looks nice and clean. Awesome grab and a great game...I've played ZNET's truly minty Atlantis many times.

1 week later
#3179 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A beautiful all original unrestored afm with no fade and all matching board set . Been in a home /storage since 1998-99 and rarely played once set up in 2011. What a awesome game and cant believe i actually have one especially this nice lol.

Game looks nice as hell...great find. I should be down your way to pick up a few games in the next week or two. I'll stop by to play a few games

#3196 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's time to get ready for the Halloween season. Love never dies.

Now you're talking. I'm used to seeing you chase EM's. BSD is an awesome, freaky, fun and difficult pin.

#3197 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Please do .... i always welcome pinball friends. Pm me for my phone and address if u really wanna stop by ... it is a beautiful pin and one my favorite pickups but my huo tz and rest my collection isnt to shabby eaither lol. Never know maybe u can buy something from me lol. What are u picking up ?

Hopefully picking up a very minty Met Pro, another Mystic and a Spy Hunter. I'll definitely shoot you a PM and swing by if you're on the route, or close. Thanks man.

#3206 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

That pesky Pinbot followed me home and ended up in my basement....

Nice...game looks clean, and PF looks like it's pretty nice too. Awesome art on that game.

#3223 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Had this delivered to me yesterday.
Fun game, lots of drop targets, cool spinner and lots of great sounds. If you like pirates, pretty cool art as well.

Definitely. I almost bought a minty Captain Hook last year, but it was a little far away. Great artwork on that game, and just clean looking. I'll certainly take it off your hands when you're done with it.

#3224 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Had this delivered to me yesterday.
Fun game, lots of drop targets, cool spinner and lots of great sounds. If you like pirates, pretty cool art as well.

And I would replace whatever bulbs they have behind the backglass with 4 SMD flat / no dome LED's. It will distribute the light way better through way more of the BG, and will get rid of the pointed rings of light you see (most likely 1/2 LED or 1/2 SMD domed bulbs in there now).

And when you're done with it, let me know. Seriously....

#3241 7 years ago

After two months, my wishlist grail game arrived from Kentucky!!

Friend made the round trip for me 12 hours each way for a great price. Needs some work and the front of the cab is a little rough, but I could care less. Game will get restored either way. The true vampire trifecta is complete (at least for U.S. manufactured games)!!!! So psyched. This was only the third one I've come across since getting into the hobby, not an easy game to find with only 799 made.

1 month later
#3571 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Magneto followed by Magnotron.

Magnotron is metal though (apparently), so Magneto would whoop his ass.

#3572 7 years ago

Not today, but just picked this beauty up last weekend!!! Waited for a nice one of these for a long time...so thanks to Pinjunky for a smooth transaction and giving me first dibs. I changed the cellar to blue LED's, but other than that game was plug and play. I think at 17 miles round trip, it's practically the shortest distance I've ever driven for a pin. This game rocks...awesome, and fit right in with the horror pin line up like a long-lost brother!

IMG_7651 (resized).JPGIMG_7651 (resized).JPG

IMG_7670 (resized).JPGIMG_7670 (resized).JPG

IMG_7688 (resized).JPGIMG_7688 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3642 7 years ago

Two wishlist games in under two weeks...nuts. Needs some work and parts, but I'll definitely take it for now. Don't come across this title all that often. And the crazy little one wanted to tag along for the acquisition...I gladly obliged.

#3643 7 years ago

And the incandescents were bothering me, so after a little cleaning and partial LED treatment...

Still more work to go.

#3658 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Damn, I always thought D&D was one of the best looking pins out ever - how does it play? Nice score!

A rare one that's been on my list for a while. Missed out on a nice one from Crispin earlier this year unfortunately. It is definitely a unique game, with an odd cabinet tapering up the back and a ton of plastics on the PF. Believe it or not, it's a pretty good player with a surprisingly tight layout. Sound is awesome on it, and the art is well done, especially the cab. Original mylar on this, so the PF is immaculate. Definitely one of the Bally Midway games that are worth having...as many of the BM games were kind of ehhh.

1 week later
#3711 7 years ago

Ahhh....BF back where it belongs. Always great to bring home the same minty example when somebody decides they no longer want it, and they actually stay true to their word and make you the first phone call. Don't think this one is leaving again. Now, where the hell to put it....LOL

BF (resized).JPGBF (resized).JPG

#3755 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Same problem here,i have my roadshow in thecenter of the room and tomorrow i am picking up baywatch!
I don't even have space for it!!
I am crazy!

If I take your CV and GNR that will open up some space!!!

#3793 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Ah man, this baywatch is so gross, i don't know where to start...

Is that the one that was listed "freshly shopped"? LOL. Definitely needs some love (well, a lot) but should be better at that point. Not a title that I like all that much, but I know several people that do. Good luck with the repairs. Playfield actually does look pretty nice.

#3794 7 years ago

Get the ph**k out of here! 3 wishlist games in a month? Nuts. Driving for a pin late the night before Thanksgiving always makes the family happy (not really). But had to grab this one.

1 week later
#3832 7 years ago

Yes it is gents. Great friggin game. Been on my wishlist for a while, and my buddy two miles away has one but won't let the damn thing go. Is yours restored? Looks very clean, and that game has great art and play all the way around (considering it's an older Stern). Shoot me a PM when you're done with it, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

#3833 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Get the ph**k out of here! 3 wishlist games in a month? Nuts. Driving for a pin late the night before Thanksgiving always makes the family happy (not really). But had to grab this one.

A little beat and dull when I finally set her up...

IMG_8010 (resized).JPGIMG_8010 (resized).JPG

but after some serious cleaning, a little soldering, wax, new coin door inserts, new instruction cards, rubbers, new hardware and a ton of LED's...much better.

IMG_8096 (resized).JPGIMG_8096 (resized).JPG

IMG_8104 (resized).JPGIMG_8104 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3883 7 years ago

Nice...but I'm holding out for the Designated Survivor pin.

#3884 7 years ago

WTF......I'm trying to downsize......how the hell does this happen??!!!!! I need help.

Thanks to jkashani for looking out, and remembering I was hunting for this title.

IMG_8251 (resized).JPGIMG_8251 (resized).JPG
IMG_8266 (resized).JPGIMG_8266 (resized).JPG
IMG_8276 (resized).JPGIMG_8276 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3942 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Hopefully not as bad as this poor spraypainted 4 Square.

Quoted from thepinballworks:

I have that game, I must have bought it from them off eBay, many years ago.

What is spray painted? The playfield? I actually think that is pretty cool. If it was done right, even cooler. This person obviously took at least some time on this, given the backglass/translite and custom plastics. I don't think there is anything wrong with retheming a game that has a shot or destroyed backglass or playfield. At least it is unique and keeps the game in circulation and playing for more years to come. Look at the thread on the Flash conversion to a Queen-themed game. It's awesome. People retheme that game all the time...simple, good layout, fun. And undoing the artwork on Flash...let's admit it...is no real loss. I've owned a few in the past to play, work on and let go, but the art itself is pretty friggin horrific.

The last Flash I had I was actually debating on retheming it into a Pantera pin. I even started playing with sound roms with Mouth for War and Great Southern Trendkill blended in.

#3944 7 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Just brought this machine to my workshop.
Had to drive the whole day to South of France but it was worth it : a decent price for a machine with a few fixable issues.

Any chance of removing that bucket and possibly tools that are sitting directly on the Xenon playfield? LOL.

1 week later
#3990 7 years ago

Needs a little work...but ripped those incandescents out right away.

IMG_8440 (resized).JPGIMG_8440 (resized).JPG

IMG_8453 (resized).JPGIMG_8453 (resized).JPG

IMG_8692 (resized).JPGIMG_8692 (resized).JPG

IMG_8681 (resized).JPGIMG_8681 (resized).JPG

#4005 7 years ago
Quoted from Dirtynerd:

Yeah was a great find really enjoy the game play and picking up a new machine tomorrow..... damn my addictive personalitie this new one is going to burn a hole in my pocket

Get used to it...hahaha

#4006 7 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

This finally arrived a few weeks ago. Turned into a 12 month resto. Worth the wait.

That game is friggin beautiful!! And the EM version at that...whoever did it did an awesome job on it. That is the CF that I would want. #jealous

#4065 7 years ago

I hate moving games from the personal lineup...at least after selling Mystic and MSF this made me feel a little better.

#4077 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Hey I recognize that shirt. Does that mean you have a CPR playfield tucked away somewhere?

Too funny.......someone gave me the shirt last year. Even though the PF is great on this one (still has factory mylar), I'd still love to have a CPR one tucked away somewhere. I actually might have to give up the Xenon because two other games I've been searching for just came up and they are much harder to find. That always happens just as I spend money on another game.

Quoted from Otaku:

Colson bringing the selfie game to a whole new level! So mysterious

Quoted from ToucanF16:

At least his eyes are on the road and not the camera!

No, Dialed In is bringing the selfie game to a whole new level and I at least exercised some level of safety.

#4079 7 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Colson why are you not using pinball armor to move that xenon.

hahahaha. Would you if your wife wasn't there?

#4080 7 years ago

Much better after some LED treatment.

Xenon (resized).JPGXenon (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4125 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Who is first to name the title? (Probably easy one for this crew)

Has to be Escape from the Lost World. I think it's the only Midway game without that crappy cabinet artwork with the ball on the side.

#4126 7 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Straight traded my JD for this Roadshow. Game looked to be HUO.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Wow, that's a nice RS!

+1 on that. You made out better on that deal IMO, even if your JD was nice.

#4160 7 years ago

A little late due to family emergency over the weekend. D&D complete, and fully working after a bit of soldering (at the seller's house), needs a bit of love and clean up. Also grabbed his Conquest 200, because I had to once I saw it. Apron and PF are in ridiculous shape. Thing looks like it has never been played at all. nikpinball and davideokills ....I got another D&D!!

122_1 (resized).JPG122_1 (resized).JPG

122 (resized).JPG122 (resized).JPG

122_2 (resized).JPG122_2 (resized).JPG

#4172 7 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

Haven't brought it home yet but I'll be bringing home a Motordome on Sunday that I picked up for 200 bucks. Fully working and looks to be in good condition

Actually.......you won't be. I just offered them $300 and I'm grabbing it Saturday. JK.

That's a pretty cool game at a great price. Post another pic with better lighting when you get it home. If I recall that game has a really weird coin door.

#4223 7 years ago
Quoted from Dirtynerd:

A road show found its way home to me today super happy looks great next to funhouse i need to stop now as i have no room but can't help. Myself now time to get to work

Didn't you have one game a month ago? LOL. Congrats on the lack of self control we all share on here.

#4224 7 years ago

Picked up this not so commonly-seen game, had to...especially with a working topper and excellent PF (besides my infatuation with horror pins). This is the original GB Totally out of space, so hopefully it can stay a while!!

IMG_9190 (resized).JPGIMG_9190 (resized).JPG

IMG_9198 (resized).JPGIMG_9198 (resized).JPG

IMG_9199 (resized).JPGIMG_9199 (resized).JPG

#4225 7 years ago

Not a game, but equally awesome. Just opened my topper for D&D at the office! Thanks Tallon for the fast shipping.

IMG_9218 (resized).JPGIMG_9218 (resized).JPG

#4246 7 years ago
Quoted from wylcot:

Awesome game !
Found myself one, but still can't have it work.
Hopefully I'll find the time to fix it shortly...

Definitely...one of the few GTB Premier games you actually want to own (Robo Wars above is certainly another, maybe Stargate). Just hope I can keep it around. Seems my will to have games is much bigger than the space I currently have, and I have to end up moving them on at least for now. Since I posted I was downsizing in November and sold some really nice examples of games I've had (which I now regret), it seems my collection has actually increased. This hobby really is a friggin illness...

#4277 7 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Finally found a real nice paragon.

Game looks nice...always did like the art on Paragon. Just so many have horrible playfields and backglasses that are shot.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

THREE Four Million B.C. EM pinball machines (Bally, 1971) side-by-side together once again.

And definitely not something that you will see often, if ever again.

#4296 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

A tech to dial it in? Seriously?

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I second that

I heard that Dialed In already comes dialed in. So if you end up with one of those, you should be good.

#4300 7 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Through networking with friends, I got in contact with an ex-Bally employee who worked from 1979-1981. He was a sound engineer and worked on Frontier. He had these two pieces of pinball "stuff" left from his time at Bally, which I struck a deal on. I don't know how many Bigfoot backglasss (actually plexiglass) were actually made, but there can't be many....

I could use that playfield for my Vampire...was going to strip and clear coat the one I have anyway as I'm in the process of a full resto. Any chance you want to sell that? Pretty please!!

#4329 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have been looking and waiting a long time to find this Pin!!
"Torpedo Ally"

TA!!! Great game! I traded mine two years ago, and have regretted it ever since. Bought it from an operator and restored the entire friggin thing. Game was cherry. Even worse, the guy came to do the "trade" while I was away at a conference teaching (to which I should have adamantly declined in the first place). By the time I got home, the two games he brought and traded were grossly misrepresented....missing parts, not working 100%, cabs dinged up. I was beyond irritated. Lesson learned, but a hard one and very disappointing.

#4368 7 years ago

I've never seen a Combat before. Great looking pin...nice artwork on the PF.

Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

These have been 5 plus years in the making/buying. Brought them home today. They need a good cleaning that will happen soon.

Royal Flush is a great game...love the backglass.

Quoted from Toyguy:

Finally acquired one of my wish list games and, surprisingly, it popped up in my own backyard about 15 minutes away.

That's awesome. Such an attractive pin...I've missed out on two Medusa's in the last year. Definitely one that I need to get in the line up soon!!

1 week later
#4450 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That is the most upside down and most clean mm I've ever seen

Hahaha...you beat me to it. Nice pick up Bigd!

#4469 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I can't wait to get home and start tinkering!! This is how I left them in my basement and the wait to get off work is killing me!!

Nice score!!! You'll like DWHO. It's a fun game. And that's always the case...that's why when games are delivered or I pick them up I don't go back to work. I try to "work" from home. And now you're making me miss my HH even more...

1 week later
#4533 7 years ago

Great find today. Needs a little love, but I'll take it after moving the last two I had and regretting it. Next phone call...Shay. By the way, anybody have a spare MPU laying around?

#4535 7 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Nice use of space Colson. Do you really need that door?

Not if somebody wants to buy two boxers!!! JK.

#4540 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Picked up a beautifully restored CFTBL yesterday w/ a NOS hologram. Very excited.

Game looks nice! Was that the one from New York?

#4545 7 years ago

Thanks! Not sure, it was done by Rob G. and the rockland guys so maybe?

Yeah, that was theirs. Nice game. Rob and the crew there do really nice work.

Yeah I dig it. Is it not stock? First time playing this not on my iPad, blew the first multiball so badly hah.

And red shooter is not stock, but looks nice. I'm not a purist, and I replace the shooter rods on all my games. Sometimes with a replacement stock, sometimes with custom ones. Multi-ball can be tough on CFTBL. Great acquisition though. I'll have to swing by and play it.

#4555 7 years ago

Man, you're welcome to swing by anytime if you're in the NYC area and I'm around. Just Pm me. It's super embarrassing having every mediocre high score in my name haha... I have literally zero real life pinball nerd friends here.

Definitely will. Might be heading up your way in the next week or two. I'll be happy to throw up a few high scores on your games.

1 week later
#4602 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Ps. Playfield is not that great but hey if I can get it playing and keep it under $1200 I am considering it a winner.

A Getaway for $700 is definitely worth a little hassle. Hopefully it's not too problematic and everything matches up. Still don't understand people sometimes...that person didn't realize that everything unplugs, unclips or can be detached before breaking out the snips?? The things we come across in this hobby never cease to amaze me.

#4604 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

That won't happen until next weekend though as I snagged this game in Baltimore while visiting family,

Just when I thought I had issues...LOL.

#4675 7 years ago

Brought this gem home earlier after waiting a few weeks to grab it. Definitely not one you see every day...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4706 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Fiance enjoying our first game. Picked it up NIB last night and have over 110 plays on it!

Quoted from GhostThruster:

It's one of those fancy shirts with holes for the thumb

Those shirts are definitely the best way to prevent wear on the lockdown bar. Or just wear those cool fingerless 80's gloves...haha

#4728 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Mint HUO T3 Chrome edition

I'll take that when you're done with it.

#4734 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ill keep that in mind...... I just added full white superbands, blue flipper super bands, NVRam, mirror glazed balls, Full cointaker premium LEDs for Gi, inserts, and flashers, light blue pincabs, flipper button mylar, sling corner protectors, and pinguard target decals.

Wow...so the price went up. LOL. Our company's LED's are same quality but cheaper than CT's, so I'll have to at least deduct the cost differential.

#4735 7 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Picked up a Stern Dracula yesterday, needs a lot of TLC, but should come up a treat when done.

I have an extra plastic for above the kick out hole, and I think some other plastics if you're in need of any. Your slings look pretty faded, and I think I have an extra set of those as well.

#4750 7 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

It is in really good condition for a Dracula, only a couple of small marks the worst being at the top near the drops, red post missing slight wood missing, hoping the post when I put one back will cover it till I can get it fixed properly.

Looks pretty good...a shame the previous owner touched up / repainted the cab and backbox horribly.

#4778 7 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Bought this bad boy last night. $1850. The Play field has all new inserts and was clear coated. I'm very happy. (I think for a players machine it is a very good example). Looks great and runs great. What do you guys think?

Looks great! Can't go wrong with a cleared PF, especially for that price. Love BK2K. Great music on that pin.

#4780 7 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Ty, Yes I love the music from that game. Get ready for battle.... beat the black knight.. dodoodododoodoooodooo... How much do you think the value would be on that machine (Not that I ever plan to sell it lol).

Really depends...cab condition, backglass good, boards clean and unhacked.., etc. It would definitely be worth at least what you paid for it if the BG is great and cab is nice, or slightly above that.

#4866 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

<--- super jelly.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Oooohhhhh
Aaahhhhhh
Absolutely amazing

Quoted from mollyspub:

I don't even care for TOM but this looks amazing!!!

I don't think I can add anything to those comments. Nice friggin game.

#4879 7 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'll reveal when I get home.. hint..it's on my wish list..

It's not every day you see somebody handtrucking a game while it's still on the legs...

#4894 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

best game of all time...

Quoted from o-din:

Best DMD game of all time.

Quoted from o-din:

There are so many great ones, it is hard to pick an all time winner. But yes, BSD has become my all time favorite DMD.

I second that. Didn't really bring it home, but upgraded it last weekend. Does that count? Feels like a new game. Kind of like when you get your car detailed and it feels like it drives better afterwards. (Sorry these were thrown up a few places, I was just excited because such a vast improvement)

#4896 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Demolition Man, with F@#kin swear ROMs!

Sweet. I was wondering who was going to grab that. Good price too. You didn't waste any time making that drive!

2 weeks later
#5068 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

speaker kit and a backbox exhaust fan. never seen one before. skull pile? there's some alligator clips coming out of there. this game needs led's so bad.

Throw an order in...I'll give you 20% off on our site.

#5069 6 years ago

Pinfest acquisitions...absolutely cherry Frank w/ color display and HUO Cybernaut. And picked up a minty Strange Science two weeks ago but never posted it.

Frank 1 (resized).JPGFrank 1 (resized).JPG

Frank 2 (resized).JPGFrank 2 (resized).JPG

Cyber 1 (resized).JPGCyber 1 (resized).JPG

Cyber 2 (resized).JPGCyber 2 (resized).JPG

Strange 1 (resized).JPGStrange 1 (resized).JPG

Strange 2 (resized).JPGStrange 2 (resized).JPG

Strange 3 (resized).JPGStrange 3 (resized).JPG

GR 1 (resized).JPGGR 1 (resized).JPG

#5071 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

tyvm, but you're two days late

I hear ya...I was surprised my games weren't set up immediately, but I was absolutely beat by the time we unloaded at the store and I got home Sat night. Pinfest kicks your ass. Next time.

#5083 6 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

I'm still in shock. The price was epic and it found me. It's all down hill from here. I'll never top this deal

In all likelihood, you won't. That is less than half the price...great find though and enjoy! Gotta love TAF.

#5086 6 years ago

The Harley behind TAF I found here in Panama for $700. It's in great shape.

Wow...if I can fight off the cartels, I might take a trip down there and load up some pins on the cheap!!!

#5088 6 years ago

Don't bother. Won't be any left by the time you get here

I just boarded a charter...

#5101 6 years ago
Quoted from CoitusMysterioso:

Holy crap is that a Hercules?

Yup. That'll take up a little more real estate than a Sys 80.

#5136 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I didnt like it at first and was going to swap it with the original (the original was included), but it is starting to grow on me. I might keep it on.

Definitely keep it. Makes your game more unique than many others out there!!! I like it.

#5178 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm looking forward to this hobby. Is it wrong to be looking for other deals already?

Welcome to the hobby. It is wrong, but everybody does it. Sometimes I'm perusing CL or Pinside before I leave the seller's house...while I'm still in the driveway (just in case I come across a good deal "on the way home"). This hobby is an illness...start medicating.

Call 1-800-PINBALL. It's a support group that I started that focuses on sporadic and overzealous pinball buying.

#5201 6 years ago

Chad, another one already? You are totally out of control dude. You and gdonovan should sponsor each other for the support group. LOL.

#5209 6 years ago

Me got you....again. Brought this back home from the guy in Long Island I sold it to last year. Didn't hesitate given the excellent condition and NOS backglass.

And in true pinball illness form, checked out the ol' let go app on the way up and found a second game in Brooklyn to pick up on the way home. I have issues.

#5213 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So, transporting on the side is OK? I thought I read one time that was a no no. Enlighten me!

Extreme times call for extreme measures!! Really you shouldn't transport them on the side...it can create switch issues or other mechanical problems, but mainly because the playfield is not supported in that position. It can bang against the glass, potentially causing damage to plastics and other components from bouncing around. I padded them both with several pieces of bubble wrap to fill the void under the glass though, and it was only an hour and a half home, so they didn't have to stay like that long. Playing Gorgar right now...LOL. Old Chicago needs a little work already, so I wasn't concerned.

Arguably, you shouldn't transport them upside down either. I've never seen that done, but I'm sure someone has seen it happen. DMD or any other hinged (fold down) games shouldn't be transported on the side generally either, as the game doesn't sit flat. You could tear the wood where the hinges connect due to the uneven weight distribution.

#5219 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I see an Old Chicago there.. nice! fun pin, those lower pops right above the "outlanes" are butal.
I did a restoration on a $120 beater last year & it turned out really, really nice. The pinball pimp stencil set is top drawer & the CPR repro backglass is superb.

I'm going to hit you up as I go through this one then...if you don't mind. Has a few issues, and might need some pics. Backglass on this one is perfect though...definitely a bonus. Pops down there are brutal on every game that has them, had a Fan-Tas-Tic before, and I like how it makes gameplay different having them right near the flips. But while fun, they can pop it right down the drain too.

#5241 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

joined​ the jjp club

Quoted from mflemmin:

Just joined the Blackout club

Just joined the "I want a new game to bring home so I can post in this thread" club.

#5270 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Mariner is Cool - I'm a fan of the Pointy People - Pointy Fish on that one too !

Definitely...gotta love some Marche artwork.

#5273 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Heading into enemy territory with a System 80A!

LOL...I'll take it when you're done with it!

#5278 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I actually like the sound effects and music on this one, have to see how it plays after cleaning. Back glass is MINT!

Thing looks great, and awesome that it still has original mylar on the main center of the playfield.

#5282 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I kind of like it; The electronic sounds are appropriate for a hockey game (crowd noise, whistles, organ music, buzzer) and some of the shots difficult but you make them just often enough to keep it interesting. The high score that is saved on is in the 3,000,000 range, the best I have been able to do at this point is 700,000 but I'm learning the table.

Definitely an interesting table, and sounds are surely fitting. The upper left trail / somewhat of a 1/4 orbit shot looks tough to hit. Thanks for sharing the video...as a hockey fan and player myself, I want one now. LOL.

#5284 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Tonsil hockey?

In your dreams...

#5296 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

"Ooooo, taxi!"

Game looks nice and very clean. Good grab.

#5300 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Thanks, the cabinet is actually in really good shape, but the playfield has some unfortunate ball swirl. The pop bumper area is the worst. Why didn't Williams protect that area better? Most Taxi's I've seen have wear around the pop bumpers.
You'll also notice the previous owner has the wrong slingshot plastics and the wrong "carry passengers" plastic. Anyone know where these makeshift plastics are from?
Overall a good players machine though.

Yeah, I had a Marilyn Taxi before, and there were ball swirls and a little planking unfortunately. A lot of Taxis had those issues, PF's just didn't hold up well, or they got the hell played out of them back in the day.

And I've seen a lot of sling plastics, but I don't know what the hell they're from, at least not off the top of my head.

#5301 6 years ago

Had one of these before..so when I saw this one pop up I grabbed it. Like the artwork on this pin, and lighting all the cards for the special isn't as easy as you think on a 3 ball setting.

IMG_0578 (resized).JPGIMG_0578 (resized).JPG

IMG_0586 (resized).JPGIMG_0586 (resized).JPG

IMG_0583 (resized).JPGIMG_0583 (resized).JPG

IMG_0584 (resized).JPGIMG_0584 (resized).JPG

#5316 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I like the rest of the view around the pins. Weird and wild.

Dude, I collect horror pins and like me some macabre...but I've seen you post other pics and I gotta say that framed pic above your TZ freaks me out every time. Actually, I'm drawn to it and it freaks me out. Cool room!

#5319 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Not sure if it counts but bought a parts machine I will be salvaging for an educational/student project.
Too bad too cuz it is a fun game but shes too far gone.

What a damn shame...and what the hell happened to the backbox??!! Great game, what sad pics. Can I have the shuttle toy?

#5324 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

got it from a salvager type guy. He had gotten it in a load he had picked up. The back box was severely water damaged and crumbled on him. I picked up what pieces I could find from his field/yard.
But my goal was to find usable pops, slings, drops, and flipper mechs plus some other repurposable components. While I wish it wasn't an actually good game that died to provide that, for 25 bucks the price

Awesome grab for $25. Plastics actually look decent, coin door might be salvageable, SS toy and probably several other parts. Why can't I come across games, even total messes, for $25?

#5339 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Finally found one!!

Quoted from brenna98:

It's a project for sure

Project? If that's a project, I'll take two. Looks great...they never come up. Nice grab.

#5368 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Bought this last weekend for $200. It doesn't work but I don't care because I was planning on cutting it in half and using it as a one of a kind wall hanging art.

That's definitely a bit of a rare game. I wish you were closer. I would just come take a look at it, if not take it from you. Good find dude. Cowpoke is a fun game....

Some guy had this and I bought it for the hell of it....well probably for my daughter's "line up". Anybody have a manual?

IMG_0741 (resized).JPGIMG_0741 (resized).JPG

IMG_0751 (resized).JPGIMG_0751 (resized).JPG

#5383 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

found another rare one!

Damn!! Where are you finding these games! Looks like I need to visit Minnesota.

#5394 6 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Brought this bad boy home today ! Thanks to a great pinsider

That thing looks sweet!!

#5403 6 years ago

Looks squeaky clean. Nice grab...shooter lane looks barely used. And a fun game.

#5411 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Congrats!! Great pin in awesome condition! Am I reading your history right? 13 years?!!

Quoted from schudel5:

Haha! Yep. Waaay before there was even a forum on here. I had forgotten I had even signed up until a few years ago.

I wish I could forget sometimes. My bank account would be a lot more fluffier, and I would have a lot more free time. LOL

#5413 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

a lil' sump'n sump'n...

already the grand champion.
need to fix the gd cointaker led kit. any pointers, pm me, please.

Two nice pins...love me some MM and CV. Let me know what you want to do with the LEDs. I can help you out. Maybe add some purple...JK

#5414 6 years ago

Posted last week that I picked this up for the hell of it. Cleaning it up a little, I can't believe that this thing has an actual screened backglass in it. Does the Fireball home game?

IMG_0890 (resized).JPGIMG_0890 (resized).JPG

IMG_0891 (resized).JPGIMG_0891 (resized).JPG

#5422 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yes and so does EK. I would imagine Galaxy Ranger does too.

Good to know. Sadly I've come across quite a few of these home version games that were totally trashed, and passed on them given that fact. Next time, I'll grab them even if the backglass is salvageable.

#5440 6 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Out of over 5400 post's on this thread, it looks like this is the first Bally Black Jack posted on this thread.
Here is a good example of one I just picked up yesterday, and at a very good price.....I just have to figure out why it won't boot up now.

That has to be one of the most colorful games ever. Looks like it's in great shape. Now get fixin!!!

Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Picked up these two babies today, Went out for Trident and Quicksilver was a bonus find so bought it there and then on the spot.

Two cool games. I had a Trident so long ago...very fun, should have never sold it (but I can say that about practically every game I've sold). Some people don't like no outlane on the left, but I love it. I remember I could really get the ball flying on that pin, which isn't always possible on an older SS game. Thanks...now you made me want one again.

#5492 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

nessy? seriously?

No way!!! I don't see it added to the collection though. But if so, more pics and story please.

#5502 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was just messing around with u guys. I can delete it.

Quoted from bronco-jon:

But he has owned a VERY impressive selection of pinball machines in the past...92 of them in fact

I thought he was just messin around. Skye is on here a lot, has good posts and has owned quite a few games. I thought it was all in good fun when I saw the post initially. If someone really brought home a Loch Ness, i'm sure the post would consist of more than just one badly taken photograph.

#5539 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Just picked up a Ruby Red WOZ! The addiction is real!

And next to a Mystery Castle...awesome.

#5571 6 years ago

Thanks to mbelofsky for making my trip south to drop off my Vampire playfield for clearcoating to sohchx more worth it.

IMG_1079 (resized).JPGIMG_1079 (resized).JPG

IMG_1096 (resized).PNGIMG_1096 (resized).PNG

IMG_1088 (resized).JPGIMG_1088 (resized).JPG

Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

That is awesome of you to pass this along to someone! WTG Michael! I hope who gets it restores and gets it back up and running.

Done. Some soldering, stepper unit adjustments, rubbers, LED's, cleaning and wax. Playing last night.

IMG_1100 (resized).JPGIMG_1100 (resized).JPG

IMG_1101 (resized).JPGIMG_1101 (resized).JPG

IMG_1103 (resized).JPGIMG_1103 (resized).JPG

#5597 6 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Look Colsond3, I brought home it's bother today....Got some playfield wear but overall not to bad looking, it was priced right.

Nice...I tend to like these games with the spinner mech. Changes it up a bit.

#5644 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

The guy only wanted $50 for it, i had to pay him more to keep the pin gods appeased!

Holy shit...$50? Kudos to you for being reasonable and offering him more. Great friggin find for cheap...I've been wanting a CF for some time...even more so ever since I picked up a home version CF for the hell of it a few months ago that was rotting away in some guy's barn.

#5666 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ive got my NIB TRon LE and a Star Trek LE coming next week. My wife is going to walk into the garage and see them. I do not think she will be happy. Wish me luck. If I disappear off the forum, you probably have an idea of what happened to me.

I just PM'd you my phone number.

Please leave it on top of the games so I can grab them after....or leave it by the shovel and trash bags, or in her trunk. Just somewhere she'll see it. You will be missed, but I've wanted a Tron LE for a while.

#5680 6 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Got a pretty nice Firepower from a nice gentleman about an hour away. I get to decide how much of a restore I want to do!

Does look pretty nice already, not sure how much of a "restore" you have to do on it. More like just cleaning and polishing. I'd start with the displays.

Was he a pinball collector? Or just a game sitting in some guy's house? I'm assuming you got it for a decent price.

#5682 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Sold a Black Belt and grabbed a Pharaoh.don't mind the big sad guy in the background he'll cheer up when he gets his next one.

He may not LOL. I've been kicking myself square in the ass ever since I moved mine last year, and I still don't think I've gotten over it.

Very nice acquisition. Pharaoh is an AWESOME game. The audio is fantastic on that pin. I actually like it way better than BK and BK2K...the PF layout flows so nicely, with a good amount of shots. Even the cab artwork is great. Custom apron, it goes on and on.

If anybody has one they want to move, let me know ASAP.

#5684 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

A couple of his photos

Man, that thing is sweet. Let me know if you ever decide to move it.

#5688 6 years ago

Bus Stop looks nice man! You know you like the LED selection in the Star Action...

If you want any more keychains let me know. And tell Faith better luck next time on Phantom LOL.

#5728 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

And of course someone gives me a downvote...lol

Rondogg was just bustin you're chops....I was laughing my ass off.

#5736 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys, my Star Trek came with a damaged playfield glass rear channel. That plastic lip thing that the glass slides into. Do you guys know how to replace it? Any instructions? Thanks!

Easy. If you slide the glass out, there should only be like 3 or 4 screws in the side proximal to the playfield holding the channel in there. You can order a new one from Marco. I would contact Stern though or you distro and let them know. Stern should send you a new one for free.

#5737 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

In my Subaru! See if you can guess what it is...

It's a "laser".

#5758 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well my wife found the NIB in the garage, and said "another one!". I said yes, Im planning on selling it. Then she was ok. Then she saw the Star Trek LE in the basement. And she thought it was from the box, so she thinks I only bought one pinball machine.. so far so good

Tell her you're babysitting one, 3 or 4 for a friend…works every time. And if it doesn't work, at least you'll have some really nice games in your new bachelor pad.

#5760 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That would work, but she'll be like "you don't have any friends". I'll just try to hide them under some blankets or something.

LMAO... i'll PM you my number. Tell her I'm your friend. I just won't expect any resistance when I come to pick up one of them to bring it back to my house.

#5807 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

A bit rough but solid projects... cabinets on both are solid, monte carlo's backglass is just about perfect 8 ball has some cracking started. Neither working, playfields have planking, wear and fade and some flaking. Both backglasses now in temprature controlled environment.

I always liked the cab/BG/PF art on Monte Carlo...or perhaps that's just my gambling problem when I'm near a roulette table. Could never find a good condition one locally though.

Quoted from Ballypin:

The 1972 Fireball I picked up on Saturday has some interesting history according to the backbox door. I forgot to ask the seller but I believe he said he bought it from Texas. The giveaways are the Cowboy sticker,

Rip that Cowgirls sticker the hell off that game!!! Bunch of criminals on that team....and I'm not just saying that because I'm an Eagles fan.

#5808 6 years ago

That number supposedly became available and was sold for some ridiculous amount of money a few years ago. Don't know how phone numbers are worth money though...

#5822 6 years ago

Awesome game...great artwork, and some of the best audio and callouts. I keep thinking I'm going to list mine, but I can't bring myself to do it. Such a fun pin to play...love hearing her sing "jackpot"

IMG_1318 (resized).JPGIMG_1318 (resized).JPG

#5874 6 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

A bit of a project, but pretty nice

Just plug it in and ready to go! J/K

Game looks nice...backglass excellent. Nice grab. What's wrong with the power cord? Looks fine.

#5882 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Two and a half years ago when I bought my first machine, I never thought I would own two of the same thing.
My second machine was a 1968 Bally Safari that I fell in love with at PAPA. I was thrilled a few months later when I was actually able to find one, since there was so little information on them.
I've wanted to send out the backglass to have it restored (it has a little flaking), but I was scared something would happen. Then on Sunday, dangersem sent me a text saying he spotted one on OfferUp about 2 hours from my house.
I contacted the guy and offered him exactly what he wanted ($300). It was described as needing work. I really didn't care what it needed as long as the backglass was intact and wasn't destroyed. It looked good based the only blurry picture he posted, but I didn't want to waste time asking for more information.
I figured as long as the backglass was good, anything else was gravy.
We got there yesterday and I was thrilled with the condition of the back glass. I didn't even bother to turn on the machine until I got home. The PF has a good bit of wear and is pretty dirty. Plastics look decent except for one that someone when postal on with tape and hot glue. Cabinet is a mess. Someone painted the front third of the cabinet with black paint and then painted one side in tan. I have no clue what they were thinking.
There is a switch under the cabinet to turn it on (which isn't supposed to be there), a normal game start button on the door, and a button to the left of the door someone installed to add credits (I have no clue what that's for).
It definitely has some electrical issues that I'll need to try and figure out. I don't know anything about EMs.
Either way, I think it will be a fun project.
Sorry for the long post, so onto the pictures!

Cool game and good back story.

#5883 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I guess it can't hurt. It's about 4 minutes from my house. I don't know if it works either. I would have to hire someone to fix it. Maybe if I can get it REAL cheap, someone would want it.....

Grab it Ted, I'll take it. And I'll leave those instruction cards.

#5896 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Where are you from? And what do you have?

You bastard LOL. Let me know Ted. Anxiously awaiting word.

And I appreciate that Mopar. An honorable man.

#5905 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Thanks, and if you do happen to end up with it and maybe would like
to make a trade, I'd have interest.. (T)

Definitely, I'll keep it in mind. You got first dibs if I'm getting it and end up moving it at some point.

#5909 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just having trouble getting to see the guy. I'm going to try during lunch tomorrow. So you think for the right price I should take it in any condition? I'm not sure what to look for.... You know me....."I couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instructions on the heel!"

As Odiner said and I PM'd earlier, backglass and playfield are most important. Cab can be redone. Mechs can be fixed.

#5924 6 years ago

Great...Looks like it's turned into an old-fashioned CL auction for the Space Ship.

#5926 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok, just spoke to the guy. I'll be going over at 11:30....I'll keep ya posted and take pix....

Awesome.

#5928 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Producer Neil Canton's personal Back To The Future pinball machine

Quoted from jesperpark:

Did Neil even take it out of the crate?? Very Nice

So.....how much do you want for it?

#5933 6 years ago

I'll take it!

#5950 6 years ago

Does anybody know where the "what game did you bring home today" thread is? My favorites hyperlink keeps bringing me to some Space Ship EM thread.

Quoted from spfxted:

Colson has first crack and we'll see what happens....

I'll swing by when I go pick it up and we can drill it real quick for the big reveal. Actually, I have a keyring with about 50 random keys I've collected that I take with me when I go get a game. I've only had to actually drill twice in the last few years.

#5961 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

And that brown barn has a wide selection, and can't even hold them all..
I'm sure Colson is laughing knowing he's helping with drilling out the lock..

Yeah, this might be a snatch, grab and leave situation. Throw it in the back with legs attached and everything. LOL.

#5979 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just finished with Colton picking up the Space Ship. Instead of getting a finders fee, he gave me a bill for lung fumigation....

Thanks for the help boss. That house was a total shit show. Game has some mold, but should be salvageable after about 40 hours of work. The cabinet is getting fumigated.

IMG_1653 (resized).JPGIMG_1653 (resized).JPG

IMG_1654 (resized).JPGIMG_1654 (resized).JPG

#5981 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Shiny bells is always a good sign! Just that the bells are still there is a real good sign.
Just out of curiosity how much did that beauty cost?

I was able to get it for $125. Shooter and lift rusted and frozen, PF has some planking. Wood base is moldy, so I'll probably just replace it. Mechs inside actually look quite decent.

#5984 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Excellent! This was the big worry! Got pix?
I was surprised inside the backbox looked so nice and clean...

It's gonna need a lot of love. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

IMG_1656 (resized).JPGIMG_1656 (resized).JPG

IMG_1658 (resized).JPGIMG_1658 (resized).JPG

IMG_1657 (resized).JPGIMG_1657 (resized).JPG

IMG_1659 (resized).JPGIMG_1659 (resized).JPG

IMG_1660 (resized).JPGIMG_1660 (resized).JPG

IMG_1661 (resized).JPGIMG_1661 (resized).JPG

#5986 6 years ago

Yeah, I need to get my Vampire back together before I start tackling this. From 1961 it definitely has a lot going on. Next time I go to visit my sister in LA, you can meet me. I'll bring it out for you. Haha. Back of the coin door is really clean too. Stickers are almost perfect. The playfield was practically glued to the sides. I don't think it's been lifted in 20 years.

And I knew it! It's missing a fuse. If I put that in I'm sure it will work fine.

IMG_1663 (resized).JPGIMG_1663 (resized).JPG

#5988 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's not missing a fuse! That's the high tap spot where you move a fuse one spot. A second fuse will blow both.

Looking forward to it. The more steppers and relays, the deeper the rules on an EM. And this one looks loaded.

I gotcha. I was just kidding. The old adage "it's only a fuse". I think Space Ship has sucked up enough of this thread since yesterday. Let's see some other games!

#5994 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hear ya! I'm out playing that Blackwater gettin' that hillbilly music stuck in my head because at least this man cannot live on EMs alone.

Saw that on the last page. That thing looks super sweet! When I was at herbsharps house he had one...really nice. Cool game and yours does look cherry.

Quoted from spfxted:

...and when it does fire up, you better send me a Cuban cigar!

Is there any other kind of cigar? I thought you might want a Philly blunt.

#5995 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

My new AFMR LE has beamed down

Awesome game! Played one at Pinfest. I like how they have the outline of the game on the box so you can see how the game is situated inside of it. Is that the stock topper, or something you picked up?

#5996 6 years ago

Last two....some flaking, but not too bad. I'll touch it up and triple thick it as soon as I have a chance. Luckily most of the flaking is on the creamy white color. Solid.

IMG_1664 (resized).JPGIMG_1664 (resized).JPG
IMG_1665 (resized).JPGIMG_1665 (resized).JPG

#6001 6 years ago
Quoted from JoachimR:

Finaly had some time to unpack it and put it into my basement. Only the final lit up picture is missing, phone was dead by then. Maybe tomorrow of I have time.

Is that a hoist? Lowering games into your basement that way is clearly dedication.

#6004 6 years ago
Quoted from Evilelement:

Best deal i ever found , above players funhouse everything working, with free new ramps and cliffys

That is a great deal!!! Congrats!

4 weeks later
#6282 6 years ago

I picked up this phantom of the opera today. It will soon be featured in either or both of the worst hacks thread or the pinball horrors pics thread.

That's a great pick up, and I don't know if it's as bad as you think it is. I just posted mine for sale, and now I'm second-guessing whether I want to get rid of it. It's a great game. I had one before this one and sold it, and I did miss it. This game has awesome audio, and a good rule set.

I've seen the double score insert and Phantom face inserts burnt out on a ton of POTO's. Must be a design flaw. And the backglass isn't horrible either...at least you still have the mask on the front of the glass. On a lot of them that is either flaked to hell, or missing altogether. It was an odd choice to screen things on the front of the BG. Great pick up though, and good luck on getting it 100%.

I have some parts and a few extra NOS plastics, so let me know if you need anything as you go through it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 12.75
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
1,000 posts in this topic match your search for posts by colsond3. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.