(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,686 posts
  • 1,597 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by PoBoyPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,788 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

226B1AB6-D442-415D-88A0-1C8A7EBE3619 (resized).jpeg
DSCF0028 (resized).JPG
DSCF0031 (resized).JPG
DSCF0029 (resized).JPG
51A7F017-D1AD-494F-9A70-DD357E175277 (resized).jpeg
CAA7E253-DE89-4FCE-B463-C3200B3A54E6 (resized).jpeg
D90F64DC-F656-48EC-8C50-1F4AB92ABF3B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200114_193654.jpg
IMG_20200114_193634.jpg
20200113_212023 (resized).jpg
jubilee1 (resized).jpg
jubilee2 (resized).jpg
jubilee4 (resized).jpg
jubilee 3 (resized).jpg
robocop (resized).jpg
6B633F54-4054-48EB-B95C-95CDDAC3698B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9360 1 year ago

Picked up this little guy before work this morning.
Cant wait to go home and play it.
Very clean machine with supper nice cabinet and play field.

Big thanks to SS2049 for helping me lug this out of the guys basement.

IMG_1102 (resized).jpg
#9375 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

That's a first. I've seen many clean machines purchased over the years, but never one which included dinner.

Yeah, that’s one if those words that I type wrong all the time. FWIW, it’s clean enough to eat off of

#9382 1 year ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I know it is not a Pinside favorite, but I hauled home a clean Waterworld. I am one of the five or so people that liked the movie.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Big Thank You to sodacrack for meeting me/helping load up the game.

I think that movie is awesome in a cheesy sort of way.

1 month later
#9843 1 year ago

Got my second Jersey Jacks today and my kids are friggin loving it.
I've got a ton of rearranging to do this weekend to make everything fit and make the game room flow properly.
Basically just brought it in the house and shoved it and TZ in one of the arcade isles because didn't want to store it in the garage with as hot as it gets out here lately. They will find a good spot over the course of the weekend.

IMG_1393 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#10003 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have one. Best part is it plays better than the original and has 2 extra holes!
I would consider sale/trade but looks like you would need some hefty shipping?

I actually think the original Taito game plays better.
It’s all has to do with how dialed in and maintained it is. If the game isn’t in good shape, it won’t pkay well.

2 months later
#10569 1 year ago

Picked this guy up a little while back so figured I would post some pics.

Long story a short a really good customer of mine found out that I collected pins and gave it to me.
I'm pretty sure it has not been played in a very long time.
All of the rubbers were yellow, cracked and hard as a rock.

Anyhow, had it out in the driveway today with my 8 year old son working on it.
Striped sown the play filed and cleaned it, replaced all the rubbers and burnt out bulbs today.
Also fixed some of the plastics that were warped by laying them flat on the garage floor and taking a heat gun to them.
After that my son and I replaced all the bulbs in the head box and underneath the play filed as well as two loose solenoids for the score reels that were missing screws. After that it got dark and was dinner time. Will probably hit it again in the next few days.
The game seems to mostly work excepts a couple of the coils keep getting stuck once the ball is in play and has hit targets.
Anyhow, pretty bitchin for free.

IMG_1876 (resized).jpgIMG_1878 (resized).jpgIMG_1879 (resized).jpg
#10593 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hobbit with the 3.0 code...
I had this pin on pre order and canceled. 2 yrs later I picked it up and love it..
[quoted image]

Awesome.
This is household favorite and my 8 year old sons favorite pin and the one that really peaked his interest in pinball.
He would often just watch us play and really would not get all that involved.
This and WOZ really got him into it.
Now he will play pretty much anything and want's to help me work in pins.
Really great game.

1 month later
#10889 11 months ago

So yeah, I'm pretty much getting laid tonight.
Wife is a big Doctor Who fan.

IMG_2336 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#11640 9 months ago

Jumped in the truck this morning with my 8 year old son to go buy some doughnuts for the family and stopped at a yard sale down the street from us on the way back (literally at the end of my street).
Bought some random stuff like a large carved wood swan for $10 and as we were leaving the lady running the sale notice I had an arcade related ball cap on.
She asked me if I liked games and then took me around to the shed and showed me this Ms. Pac-Man.
Wound up buying it off her for $600 and she proceeded to tell me how her father owned a bowling alley in Illinois back in the 80s.
She brought the game with her when she moved to Arizona 30 years ago.
Its a really nice all original survivor and is working (only thing it needed was a starter for the marquee light).
I asked if she had anything else and she says she has some pins in her property up north and will send me pics next time she's there.
She didn't know what titles or much about them, so I asked if they had score reels or digital display.
She said they had a digital display for the score like an alarm clock. Guess ill find out soon enough.
I assume they are going to be mid 80s solid states from around the same time period maybe?
The tax stickers on the Ms. Pack are from 1984 and 1985.
IMG_2789 (resized).jpgIMG_2790 (resized).jpgIMG_2791 (resized).jpg

#11650 9 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Careful, people may get upset it's not a pin. LOL
Looks beautiful! Much nicer than mine which I think was from the hood. Great story as well. Enjoy it!
Chris

It may result in a pin or two though (we will find out).
She says she's going to send me pics when she goes up north to her ranch.
Hopefully there is a part two to that post (crossing fingers).

#11683 9 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

This arrived today ! A honest to god time capsule . I don’t think a ball has ever been installed. Will look good with the Bally version/ Stern , a trio .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sheesh, you aren't kidding.
That thing is really clean, congrats.

2 weeks later
#11893 8 months ago
Quoted from AJNada:

Brought home a No Fear with very little to no cab fade. Can't wait to throw in some LEDs and 'play better!'
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice man, can’t wait to see it.

1 month later
#12511 6 months ago
Quoted from Pecos:

The seller suggested that I cover the game so the plastics wouldn't melt. I've never had this problem before but it was a sunny 106º day and took his advice

That’s no joke. Found that out the hard way a couple years ago. The Arizona heat will warp rams etc. It can happen surprisingly fast during the summer.

BTW, congrats on the new pick up.

1 week later
#12666 6 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Data east Batman/ police force
They were Free !!![quoted image][quoted image]

Wait, what???

Fantastic, congratulations.

#12743 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

So my day was interesting. I would have to say this probably qualifies as a barn find although it was in an outdoor covered area which wasn't technically a barn. Checking out the machine included roosters, rat poop and a horse so it was about as close to a barn as you get. In the end I came away with an F-14 Tomcat which boots and plays but is pretty dirty and needs sanitization from the rat turds. Luckily they seem to have left the wiring completely alone. The playfield is ok, decent amount of mylar bubbling but it's all there, plastics aren't broken and all the switches and coils seem to work. Boards are in decent shape despite having 5 year old Duracells in the battery holder which I immediately removed. The prior owner was in awe of my pinball ninja skills as I showed him such feats as opening the backbox, removing the lockbar and glass, raising the playfield and going into diagnostic mode to check switches and such.
In the end I came away with the poor F-14 and an old Kangaroo stand up arcade with original monitor that is a working 48 in 1 multicade for a very good price. A couple more projects for the garage![quoted image][quoted image]

Do you know if the Kangaroo cabinet has the original art underneath all that black paint?
I love the artwork on Atari Kangaroo, maybe you can bring it back with citristrip.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=453973&highlight=black+cabinets

1 month later
#13444 4 months ago

My first Capcon pin is now home.
Going to unwrap her tomorrow night with the kids and get her all set up.

9B037C50-1F49-4CB9-BF07-27F62FD8AEA0 (resized).jpeg
#13478 4 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

My first Capcon pin is now home.
Going to unwrap her tomorrow night with the kids and get her all set up.[quoted image]

Here’s what she looks like set up.
Now to find a place for her amoung the rest of the pins.
691C0C35-1358-4862-B0A5-236DADFAC806 (resized).jpeg

#13483 4 months ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Um, I don’t think you have an inch of space for another machine, but I am sure you will fit it in somewhere.

The short answer is that an arcade game is goin out to the garage to make room for a pin.

#13493 4 months ago

Not a pinball machine, but just brought this home.
Nutting Associates Computer Space.
The very first commercial Arcade Game.

IMG_3764 (resized).jpg
#13496 4 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Gonna have to put up a video of it in action.

Need to get it working first.
Fortunately it is complete and everything is there so it's doable.

#13526 4 months ago
Quoted from AJNada:

Drove out to LA to pick up a sweet deal. I was surprised at how much better it looked than it did in the pictures.[quoted image]

Awesome, can’t wait to play it.

#13531 4 months ago
Quoted from KHL:

A 1981 Stern Viper[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

F9F9809B-2E7D-457A-A60D-D93C47B5F76D (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#13703 3 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Well,
I brought home a $1400 pinball machine today folks.
Full disclosure, I did have to pay a bit more. No in car pictures because the seller actually delivered.
It looks like it should clean up well, not a terrible looking pin considering its been on route. . . but I'll let you be the Judge of that. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great, congratulations.
And the reds on the cabinet are not all faded out!!!

#13709 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Big day today! Indy finally arrived![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that thing restored? Or just a super clean home use game?
Looks brand new.

3 weeks later
#13939 80 days ago

One of my employees found these two for me at a house sale a week or so ago and we just went and picked them up today.
Cross Town, Gottlieb EM pin (my first wedge head) and a Pac Man upright with a Pac Man plus expansion kit in it.
Paid $950 for the pair.
Just finished unloading them from the trailer and stashed them in the garage, but will probably start cleaning the pin up this weekend.
It's pretty nice overall with minimal flaking of the glass and no missing graphics on the play field. l
I'm pretty sure it hasn't been played in a long time. All the rubbers have vulcanized and are hard as a rock.

IMG_3995 (resized).jpgIMG_3994 (resized).jpg
#13941 80 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Nice Score! You actually have room in your garage? lol

LOL, nope I'm totally out of room.
Had to play Tetris with a few cabinets to make them fit.

#13983 75 days ago

Picked up a Bally Black Pyramid and a Williams Stargate cocktail today locally.
Both need a good gleaning, but are fully working. Paid $1000 for the pair.
The guy also had a Super Chex bubble hockey that he wanted to keep to play with his grandkid so I helped him fix it while I was there.
Fun day.

1742D3C6-AB8E-4B6B-9D14-DC3BDE404D25 (resized).jpegAC951E6F-ECE7-4C14-B8E8-0A7C76218CFE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#14059 68 days ago

Brought home a really nice Maverick this weekend.
Needs a couple things fixed before she get thrown into the lineup, but all in all it’s a damn clean machine.

FD3B958A-9846-433A-A1D3-4491B5E245E7 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#14107 61 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

May not be pins but today was a good day. The Sonar I grabbed at request of a fellow pinsider, and while I was making the run I snagged two more. Not sure yet which one I’ll keep and which I’ll sell.[quoted image]

Keep the Stunt Pilot. That’s games beautiful and really cool to play.
Some really neat features.

1 month later
#14573 14 days ago

About to hit the road in California and head back to Arizona. My parents live out here and let me store stuff in their garage until I can make it out and haul it all back. This is about 8 or so months worth of stuff compiled.

HUO Stern Pirates Of The Caribbean, Sorcerer and Swords of Fury are the pin haul. Also two EM games, a Big Buck Hunter pro arcade game and a Q-Bert cocktail. I’ll post pick in the next day or so when I get home and get unloaded.

CF25299F-5058-40A6-B3CC-0A0D17DF193D (resized).jpegE0CB0224-A592-415F-A497-B879E7685BE8 (resized).jpeg
#14588 13 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

first pickups of the new year. I always like getting system 11s i haven’t owned. Rocky And Bullwinkle is bad either. Both fun for the kids[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome.
I wish I still had my Space Station.

#14600 12 days ago

Unloaded the trailer and started setting stuff up. Gonna have to play Tetris and move some stuff around to make everything fit once the machines are dialed in.
Pirates is pretty clean, just needs new rubbers and a good wipe down.
Sorcerer could use some new rubbers and a good wipe down. Also the speech isn’t currently working so I’ll have to sort that out.
Swords of Fury seems to be 90+% there.
Some of the drop targets are sticking and a few other issues.
All in all stoked to have these 3 finally home.

E882D815-3ADE-4A2B-A011-8FBCF3D8DB61 (resized).jpeg285E8143-0633-4653-8164-74A78D71482A (resized).jpegE1677D19-33D7-4985-8245-3BD51CD50A4E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,895 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Dallas, TX
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
2,750 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Peotone, IL
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside