What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10,301 posts - Hot topic!
  • 1,295 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 minutes ago by Bud
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,262 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EC744BEF-0B6B-48E7-9848-2CFB266ABEFF (resized).jpeg
1AFCF9D3-5FA5-4756-B2A1-518193470E1F (resized).jpeg
A889699C-78F0-40E1-B020-70C1C0C40510 (resized).jpeg
59A0AF83-A873-4DA2-9A4E-5DCF2C65DDEC (resized).jpeg
BDA3D6AF-7214-40C5-82DE-4F79DAFAD085 (resized).jpeg
B08133E1-9706-4060-B7EF-AFB8DFC3B655 (resized).jpeg
FB0AE300-185E-4441-9F17-136575378B7C (resized).jpeg
4DE18CE0-1EE3-46E9-AAF5-52963A3756DA (resized).jpeg
ADC4C6ED-1393-43DF-A301-503EC843BE60 (resized).jpeg
5ED9AD05-9EEC-4E43-AD58-A3FBBA677B71 (resized).jpeg
20181117_193010 (resized).jpg
4915F95D-2F4B-4262-992A-92D6FD2B23F8 (resized).jpeg
7B02892A-0058-4FD2-90E8-341A41030C9F (resized).jpeg
8C9EB3D7-8568-4753-95C6-F85AF049B388 (resized).jpeg
03E1BC81-7559-4C55-B036-19ADA5D78E8C (resized).jpeg
9485868E-6D13-4033-A6B8-BC20B3EDFB6B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4259 1 year ago

Now that was a great find!

4 weeks later
#4517 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Terrible! Sell it to me...
A solid game by most accounts. Not as pretty as Fathom, but more fun?

I hate it even more than Fytr! Sell it to me! I am looking for a Seawitch to restore as my first project.

Did I mention how much I hate this pin?

4 weeks later
#4684 1 year ago

Picked this up this beauty today and bringing it home today. I can't wait to fully restore it, including a Jon wick playfield and backglass.

IMG_0052 (resized).JPG

IMG_0019 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#5044 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Super excited to land a Star Race. Gorgeous pin! Extra wide!

pinballholder Can you post some pictures to the game section of the site? There is only one picture now. Also any rule set information that you can add. Great rare find! Congratulations.

John

4 weeks later
#5293 1 year ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

The Queen has returned!

Good score Bob!

4 weeks later
#5550 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

What do you do when a cheap game comes up on local CL even though you already have that title?? Duh !! Yes, I have a problem.

You take any parts off the 2nd machine that are better than the 1st and swap them out making your 1st game better. Then you sell/trade the 2nd lower quality game.

#5590 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmuis:

Today I bought a Pistol Poker. Didn't know much about it but had to jump on it because it was fairly cheap. It's in good condition but need a tune up. Only 200 made, I feel very lucky to have this machine

There were 480 produced, and yes they are very hard to find. I played one at Allentown this year and it has a great rule set. There is a bonus feature where you try to complete poker hand in the head display with the flippers. Kind of like the bagatelle in the head of a Catacomb.

#5594 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i couldn't hear crap at allentown.

You probably couldn't hear the Pistol Poker because I had the volume up too high on my hs2 Getaway a few pins down that same row.

1 week later
#5673 1 year ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

This should be fun to work on this fall/winter.

Looks great Bill. Any playfield wear in the right inland where the multi ball drops? That's a common issue with this title.

1 week later
#5765 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

What has become my obligatory truck pictures from my purchase this morning. Fireball is one of my grail games and I was fortunate to find it 25 minutes from my house from a local Pinsider.

ballypin Congratulations on finding one of your grail pins. It looks really nice. I hope that you are able to recover from your long journey!

#5816 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

My first bingo!

Another game that I have no idea how I will get working.

A new challenge. Congratulations!

#5861 1 year ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Picked up a decent Meteor this morning. Was surprised to see this sticker on the apron!

Meteors and Nine Ball both had these stickers applied by the factory when they were manufactured.

#6014 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This '64 Hayride, has received some outstanding work from Fellow Villagers in Florida....
...Now finding its way home here....Always wanted an add a ball, and I played this on Rockaway Beach in 65 or 66.

That is one beautiful EM. The playfield looks like it just came out of the box. Congratulations!

#6018 1 year ago
Quoted from OrangeSC:

Brought home Firepower II for $75 plus gas. Needs love. Been sitting 5+ years.

Do you want to double your money?

#6020 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Do you want to double your money?

Just kidding! Nice pick up!

#6022 1 year ago
Quoted from Jsampel:

Three guesses what I'm bringing home

Who you gonna call?

1 week later
#6120 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

galaxy... again...

A very underrated and underpriced game! Good pickup

1 week later
#6229 1 year ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Gottlieb royal flush deluxe!!!! Cost 100 bucks but needs a few new boards. And definitely some rubbers!!!!
Any idea what these go for? Can only find prices on the em version of the game.

The finished ads on Pinside show that it was listed by two different sellers at $600 each, but both sellers sold their pins elsewhere. This is one of the Gottlieb 80 pins with their grounding problems, but still doesn't come up for sale very often. I'd say fix it, including adding grounding mods, and try to sell it for $800.

#6278 1 year ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

Happy holiday weekend, indeed

Bob,
What did you pick up?

#6287 1 year ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

Hey, John - very nice 73 Gottlieb Pro Football.

Nice pick up Bob!

#6311 1 year ago

I apologize for interrupting this fascinating thread about pinsider relations, but I picked up two great pins from the same seller yesterday.

Light project Funhouse - player condition.

Working Spectrum. Almost perfect backglass. Playfield has one very small spot of wear. Cabinet artwork is really almost perfect, will need minor touchups.

Funhouse (resized).JPG

Spectrum (resized).JPG

1 week later
#6394 1 year ago
Quoted from OffshoreTrucker:

First pin. Lurking on pinside opened the flood gates to finally buy one.

Don't worry.....more will follow you home sooner than later.

#6397 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I got 3 pins on Monday. Not as good as some of other pins I have seen recently on this thread.

The value of the pins isn't important, the fact that you like them and will enjoy them is

2 weeks later
#6524 1 year ago
Quoted from Michael-Dutch:

On our way tmrw morning to check out a Getaway High Speed 2, a lazy 26 hour round drive plus stops hope its worth it.

That was my first pin. Don't let this one "getaway" from you.

2 weeks later
#6694 1 year ago

Just brought this home today. It’s a light project that I found at a garage sale half a mile from my house.

4F24B57B-0E44-488C-BE76-2726DC707945 (resized).jpeg
A3C4D3AF-CC23-4CCA-ADC7-C8ACF1BB29CC (resized).jpeg
1B57AD62-DBF4-4939-AFDB-008874938E46 (resized).jpeg

#6698 1 year ago

Thanks pecos. My neighbor came over and told me about the pin at the garage sale. He will be receiving a nice thank you present soon.

#6725 1 year ago
Quoted from SadSack:

That playfield looks a lot like Target Alpha/Solar City/Eldorado. Is this a system 80 El Dorado EM reboot

That is exactly what this is. It’s a very popular reboot, solid state, system 80 Gottlieb game

1 week later
#6807 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

My brother found this advertised as "retro pingball game" I was on the road in 20 minutes.

Abra Cadabra?

#6825 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The first pinball machine I bought in March now has a playmate.

Two is a good start....

2 weeks later
#6980 1 year ago
Quoted from igo4rams:

Nice find and great pinball van, Chrysler town and country with stolen go. Got six pins in one trip. Heads on roof.

Any pictures of the six pins in one trip?

#6988 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Just brought this home. It will be a while before I can work on it

That will clean up nicely

#7028 12 months ago

Looks like his wife has him on a "pin budget" for the holidays.

#7035 12 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I think you're trying to challenge my manhood

I’m surprised that your wife let you say that.

#7040 12 months ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

You used to call me on my cell phone.
Late night when you need... my... love...

PRO TIP: if you search for games on Craigslist, click on the ads for games you don't want or that don't have photos. I clicked on an ad with no photos for a late-80's Gottlieb I had no interest in buying. At the bottom, as an afterthought, it basically said "BTW, I'm also taking offers on this fishing-themed EM pin."
It needs a lot of work but that backglass is a few tiny specks away from perfection. Easily worth half what I paid.

Here’s another tip: When responding to and add/word of mouth referral, etc. ask if they have any more games that they might want to sell. I was going to buy a Funhouse from the seller. After I asked if he had anything else for sale, he offered to sell me his Spectrum and seven dedicated arcades, all at great prices.

1 week later
#7135 11 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, the rust & corrosion was mainly limited to the hardware on the front of the cabinet (coin door, lockbar, lockbar receiver, shooter rod/plate, playfield hooks, apron, metal covers for leg bolt anchors, knocker).
Pretty much everything else was fine.

The underside of that playfield looks great!

#7136 11 months ago
Quoted from Pecos:

PM sent! Thanks ZNET!
You can't tell very well from the pic but the backglass is toast. I'm not complaining though. The rest of the machine is in good shape - everything but the playfield glass. The seller's neighbor broke the playfield glass this very morning. OOPS!
This is my first woodrail, and probably my last, so I am just learning about these. The playfield glass and backglass are thicker that what I am used to. Question - can I put a standard 70s playfield glass in a woodrail? I'm seriously considering putting some mylar on both sides of the cracked area and using it as is. It is only in a small portion of the right upper corner and I really like the thickness.

Thanks Ryan! Playfield and pop bumper caps are exceptional for a pin 65 years old. I am very happy to get this Queen of Hearts and am looking forward to restoring it. I'm sure that lots of surprises await me!

pecos If you need any wood rail parts let too-many-pins know as he said that he has a lot of parts

#7158 11 months ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Snagged a Gottlieb Dimension on craigslist today for $50. A friend of mine picked it up for me and is holding it until I can make the 2 and half hour trip up north to Green Bay. One major downside is it's missing the head - so might search around for a bit for a head that'd work in place and a backglass. It's a fun game, and fairly uncommon/rare; so possibly worth the effort in fixing or building what's missing.

too-many-pins Skip, do you have a head that is appropriate for this age of pin?

#7161 11 months ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

My friend locally who used to own a Dimension said I should be able to use any gottlieb wedgehead, so will keep an eye out for a donor. Also a backglass, which hopefully isn't too hard. There was one in NY recently for $125 in average looking shape. Just said they won't ship.

Check with Mayfair Amusements to see if they have a nos copy.

Check with Shay Arcade Group to see if they might have one or if they will consider making this glass.

Ask Pinsider too-many-pins if he has one

#7183 11 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Try a tube shot!!

Xenon! Great pickup!

#7187 11 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Nice...I'll take it when you're done with it. My daughter has an odd infatuation with her stuffed cheetahs of every size. Or maybe just an infatuation with taking advantage of me...every time she wants something and I say no, she comes back with "but it's for my cheetahs" haha

colsond3 Get your daughter a stuffed mascot for the Patriots. They’re cheetahs too...

1 week later
#7303 11 months ago
Quoted from robreagan:

Sorry for the late response RWH. The boards are all in great shape. The play field has some wear but not horrible for its age. I’ve got everything working now and looking forward to playing some Barracora! I’ve heard some good things about this one.

That's a really nice playfield for this title. These playfields are usually really torn up.

3 weeks later
#7467 10 months ago

I picked up this Paragon project last weekend for $100. Cons: Backglass completely flacked away, missing the MPU and solenoid driver boards, rusty legs, and unknown if the displays work, and the back panel of the backbox will need to be replaced. Pros: $100!, nice condition cabinet, coin door and one of the nicest Paragon playfields that I have seen, short of a restoration.

Thanks to smart_bomb posting about this on this site. Seller originally wanted $1,100, dropped to $500, and smart_bomb negotiated the price down to $50 after seeing it in person. He passed on buying it, but posted on this site about it. By the time that I contacted the owner he raised the price to $100, but still a great price. I wanted to find a Paragon project and completely restore it this year, and this was a great start to my New Year!

B5FD371B-E9C1-4BAD-9744-1E66C641CB7C (resized).jpeg

1A8045AB-91C8-4EB2-AEA6-B71865766529 (resized).jpeg

86C8C2A4-7386-47B0-BDE1-C176F975A570 (resized).jpeg

F53E0EE4-7AA2-4B73-B8D6-A0B6A82C4B95 (resized).jpeg

#7472 10 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Awesome pickup bluespin....can't believe I didn't see this one myself!

This was for sale on Facebook and then EBay at a high price, then the seller lowered it to $500, then smart bomb looked at it in person and posted this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-non-working-should-i-scoop-it-up.

1 week later
#7582 10 months ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Long drive 340 miles round trip but I think it is worth it.
Needs some work but it works just dirty, new decals etc. small cabinet repair.
But Congo is a great game.

“Amy good gorilla”, and an even better pin, but a horrible cheesy movie!

#7622 10 months ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

Haunted House in the... um... house! This pin is huge, was expecting wider but not taller too.

This pin, Paragon and Black Hole were my favorite pins growing up. This one looks really nice. Enjoy!

#7646 9 months ago
Quoted from scaryflippers:

it was three years ago when i find these rare pinballs amazing

The middle game looks like Spirit. What are the other two?

1 week later
#7777 9 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I picked this up. Needs TLC. Not a find like most of you but it's something.

Assuming that the playfield is toast like most copies of this title, you can order a Hardtop playfield solution. Space Shuttle is already in stock. You can find the link to the sale site through this forum:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included

You can order a stencil kit here:
http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=2094

#7813 9 months ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Picked up Doctor Who this weekend from my good friend PinballManiac40! Been waiting a long time to get this game and wife and I have been playing it a lot.

Nice lineup!

1 month later
#8187 8 months ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Traded a nice Surf Champ for this nice early Bally SS for routing:

It's almost too nice to route...

Really nice playfield. I don’t see any playfield wear where the saucer ejects the ball

1 week later
#8277 7 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I’ll be bringing this home tomorrow. It will become my second EM in my current collection and 4th EM that I have ever owned. My Conquest 200 will never leave my collection, it’s that good.

Great pickup!. That's a really fun game to play and the playfield looks to be in great shape.

1 week later
#8360 7 months ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I shouldn't have - really, really shouldn't have, but the price was right and I am a sucker for these late 70s Williams EMs. Big Deal is one of the few Williams EMs to have banks of drop targets.
Thanks to jwwhite15, I have a used apron that I can put on Big Deal. It's not white, but it looks a lot better than this one! This Project Pin is going to need a lot of TLC!

This is a fun game that I played in league. Great rule set, but getting the ball through the horseshoe to collect the extra ball is difficult.

2 weeks later
#8456 6 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

It was a spectacular Sunday!

A Fathom and a Slug Fest! Great pickup freddy !

#8469 6 months ago
Quoted from bbhenry2000:

What or rather who is PPS?

Follow this forum to find updates on Hardtop playfields for Firepower.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included

#8472 6 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

$550 off the Facebook marketplace. Not a bad Tuesday!

You certainly weren’t......mousin around......were you?

1 week later
#8519 6 months ago
Quoted from TooFiddyMan:

Just picked up my first pin to rebuild. Williams 1985 Comet. Playfield is decent and so far everything works other than "Dunk the Dummy". Anybody have a backglass? I am without!

toofiddyman
Backglass for sale for $75 here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-any-fans-out-there/page/7#post-4344308

This Pinsider (freeplay40) is reproducing all three ramps, in case you need to repalce any:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps

John

#8522 6 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Welcome to the Comet club! I'm currently fixing one up also, going with the hardtop install.
BertoDRINK1 is trying to get bgresto to make some backglass reproductions. Apparently he needs one to scan, don't know if there was any progress. Mine isn't bad at all, but would probably buy a repro anyway.

jaytrem Another option is Shay Arcade Group. He adds new backglasses to his offering occasionally and he uses the same manufacturing process that the glasses were originally made with. If I see him at Pinfest today I will suggest adding Comet to his offering.

#8565 6 months ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Finally got a chance to work on the project I've been dying to get to...,..maybe the nicest EM playfield I have ever seen. Sat in the same camp (near water) since 1977. Jones plugs and leafs have corrosion, but I think it will clean up nice. Now if only I can sorce a BG that does it justice...,.,..,.?

v_piscopo
Try Mayfair Amusements to see if they have a nos copy. If they don't have one you can order a repro from bgresto.

#8568 6 months ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Brought my first pin home this weekend! Kind of crazy to be able to play some pinball at home. Loving Sky Jump. Thinking of doing a paint job on the cabinet at some point, but for now, let's play!

Soon you’ll realize that it’s crazy to just have one pin at home when you can have so many more! Great choice on your first pin. When you get ready to restencil your cabinet make sure to use Pinball Pimp stencils.
http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=1442

#thestruggleisreal

#8591 6 months ago

I brought this BSD back from Pinfest Sunday. The colors on the cabinet are unfaded, very few dings, really nice playfield, but it needs a shop job and small fixes. I couldn’t pass up the deal.

6F06A27F-F7EC-4573-AB9B-079FC3F58919 (resized).jpeg

14521EBF-FCAD-4EC5-939B-FDFD95728C8D (resized).jpeg

3DDE7DB5-0B01-4396-93B3-504985572EE7 (resized).jpeg

#8596 6 months ago
Quoted from weaverj:

the only BSD i saw at pinfest was the one in the indoor flea market that had a sold sticker on it. what the hell?

Indoor flea market vendor advertised on Facebook Wednesday, working but unshopped. Two flea market vendors asked about it within an hour. I offered a non-refundable $200 Paypal Friends and family deposit via pm and provided a reference of another collector whom he had known for years. I bought the game at the beginning of set up on Thursday.

The other BSD was more expensive, didn’t work and didn’t have a translite.

#8599 6 months ago

I bought this from a collector in NY. This Paragon and Haunted House were childhood favorites. I already have a Paragon project ready to restore. The Black Hole has a heavily flaking inner backglass but Shay Arcade Group will start making them soon.

5B6FDB30-1778-48F6-80D7-BC886CA57B8A (resized).jpeg

442138ED-F59E-4FCA-A189-E31147BDD318 (resized).jpeg

349FF754-804B-42DB-AA81-371AC80EF351 (resized).jpeg

9D0D749B-6ED9-4684-BE86-DB62258E756C (resized).jpeg

00A30C50-C82E-4068-AE46-5FAA20829344 (resized).jpeg

#8600 6 months ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

Cool! Any delays at the border?

I’m sure they had their “alternative truths” receipts ready for the customs agents

#8602 6 months ago
Quoted from weaverj:

playfield and cab look nice, unless i'm missing something.

That’s what I’ve been looking for for a long time, nice playfield and cab at a good price. The seller even delivered it to a Fastenal store and palletized it for me. He hasn’t worked on his pins in two years and wanted to sell it to someone who would appreciate it and restore it

#8640 6 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

As soon as I sell a few more gallons of blood perhaps I can get a 90's machine!

colsond3 Out of curiosity what are you paying for (human) blood these days?

#8697 6 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

is that a phone on the right side of the playfield?

That's part of the game mechanic "dialed in." You hit the center moving target (see the figure with the lightning bolts) and that charges your phone. When your phone is charged you get a call about a problem (a new mode). Finish the mode, recharge the phone again, finish mode#2, rinse and repeat. Other modes in the game through the left tunnel shot as well.

#8715 5 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

And no it’s not coin-op.
Well I guess I need clean cloths too

Rinse and spin cycle wizard mode will be epic

#8780 5 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Keeping the Stern vibes alive...

I played this one at a tournament a few months ago, and then I picked a project Nugent up recently. The shot for the bonus multiplier is really tight and reminds me of Trident. Did you take off the plastics and backglass, or were they not there when you bought the game?

#8782 5 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The BG is missing. The plastics were included and I just removed them to clean them.
I am still uncertain about buying the reporo BG/trans. that is available. Any thoughts on that?
Game looks HUO and has never been shopped but it sat in storage untouched for 20 years.
I like the game and I believe it is an under appreciated early Stern because it is so hard to find a decent example of it.

I have a lead on an original backglass, just waiting on better pictures. If I pass on it I will forward you the lead. I think a lot of people removed the backglasses and framed them to keep as wall art as I have seen multiple copies of this pin with no backglass. BGresto does excellent work. You can either search for a long time for a nos backglass or buy a repro from BGresto. I'll send you a pm with some places to search for the backglass.

2 weeks later
#8915 5 months ago
Quoted from GreenMario:

Fortunately I do! And I think the girlfriend is coming around to the idea! If any machines in the Detroit area need a home let me know!

greenmario Welcome to the hobby/addiction. We post a lot of project pins in the below forum. If you are interested in learning how to fix project pins, favorite this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others

#8962 5 months ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I’m in the process of moving so these are going straight to the new house and won’t be set up for a while but they should freshen up the lineup a bit.

What are the two in the back?

#8964 5 months ago

Williams laser ball and a Gottlieb big hurt

Big Hurt is a lot of fun.

#8977 5 months ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

I was the first responder on Craigslist <for once> & the nice seller held it for me even though he was getting offers above asking price. I'm excited to set it up later without paying the markup the flipper blockheads would have charged. It needs a wipe down & rubbers but it's in really great shape! I'm excited to add a classic Stern to the lineup.

Trident is a fun game. Congratulations!

#9011 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

This title has never been on my list but it was on my way home from a 12 hour road trip, the price was right, playfield has no wear or planking and will clean up nice, backglass has a little flaking (unusual for Bally’s of this vintage) and a near perfect coin door. Added bonus is that it came from Kentucky and meter shows 14,699 plays. Owner says it hadn’t been played in nearly 20 years. And yes, it did come with legs.

Nice pickup. That's really clean inside and out.

3 weeks later
#9189 4 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Also 2.75 in the coin box and there's the cool wrench.on a side note can anyway guess the pin in the pic without checking my collection? I know I couldn't.

No Good Gophers! Did it have a topper?

#9213 4 months ago

I had this delivered, one of my wishlist early solid state pins.

0212518D-0598-4E5C-B964-3B72EC7D3048 (resized).jpegE2CC5F8A-9BFA-4CA1-BA77-DDD14FB102E6 (resized).jpeg
#9216 4 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Holy sh!+ that playfield looks nice!

It had some wear around a few of the inserts above the flippers and around the pops, but one of the previous owners touched it up and cleared it, then laid down a playfield protector.

2 weeks later
#9416 3 months ago

Bringing this home tonight, a long 10 hour round trip for a project. Turns on but only two beeps on the mpu. Backglass is Shot, and the playfield has a few wear spots in areas of solid color so it’ll be easy to touch up. Best part of the deal was I bought it for the cost of an Alltek mpu

1AAF8400-966E-46C4-B054-65FD6983B115 (resized).jpeg319996A9-CF35-43E5-83BE-DA54C1064462 (resized).jpeg8A934D20-DD1B-4700-BBDC-701F4E57EF3E (resized).jpeg

#9458 3 months ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Sometimes its good when non-pinheads know you own pinball machines. Got a text that my neighbors. They were cleaning out the rec room at their church..."do you want this pinball machine? Its free." It doesn't currently work, but the playfield is in pretty good shape.
Anyone know where I can score a backglass for a 1975 Williams Little Chief?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have some leads. Pm sent

#9486 3 months ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Still the best thread on Pinside!!

nascarrey You forgot to provide the link.....I’ll take care of that for you
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others

2 weeks later
#9635 85 days ago

I’m on my way home with this one, my grail pin. I spent six months networking to find this, and I’ll have driven 1,400 miles round trip this weekend. Any guesses as to the title?

8F091391-BB0A-436B-8ED2-C451F8FE3EF5 (resized).jpeg
#9637 85 days ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

John, I would say Quick Silver my man! Congrats!!! Now find me a Star Gazer.

Pete you are correct, it is a Quicksilver. The playfield is heavily worn, but I received a quote for a restoration, and the total price was still a great price in my opinion. Best news is that the game is working 100% except one display has missing segments. That’s an easy fix. Backglass only had two very small

Here are more pics so that I will be in compliance with the new forum policies

20180328_145224 (resized).jpgC0B2C1A4-2E5C-475D-A1F0-73AAD013F015 (resized).jpegFE978819-368A-4957-89F2-C63BFF613397 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9735 74 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont care what I normally tell people about you, you are a good dude!

He’s such a nice guy, I down voted this post and it was automatically upvoted by Pinside!

#9789 69 days ago
Quoted from Playdium:

This Game Plan Super Nova followed me home. What is recommended for initial cleaning for this play field?
[quoted image]

Older playfields, early dmds (pre diamond coat) and all early ss and EMs are succeptable to water damage, leading to planking. Novus contains water, but naphtha does not contain water. You can buy naphtha at any home improvement store in the paint aisle.

Naphtha will not damage your playfield, but chemically it’s similar to lighter fluid so don’t smoke around it’s use. It’s safe to use indoors but wear gloves and make sure there is some air circulation like a fan. After cleaning the playfield don’t put the playfield glass back on for an hour so the naphtha can air out

1 week later
#9895 56 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, we’ve all been there. Haha. Sometimes I even pull over on the side of the road to wedge something in there because halfway into the drive I get sick of it flapping open and pushing it shut again.

I drove 300 miles with a coin door flapping open and shut inside my suv. I bought some 7/8” locks and placed them inside my toolbox. It’ll take less than a minute to install a new coin door lock and then I won’t have to listen to it flap open and shut all the way home after buying my next pin

1 week later
#9929 50 days ago

A year ago a friend in Nashville bought a Frontier, a wishlist game for me, in my area of GA. Today I travelled to Nashville and bought this. Sellers phone blew up with multiple offers to pay way more than his asking price, but said that he already promised it to me so he’d hold it for me. This rarely happens these days.

While talking to the seller and his wife it turns out that they grew up a few miles from me in California, and went to my rival high school. Go Monsoons beat the Bucs! Really nice couple.

11C01E2F-09BB-457B-B1BE-EEAC88388565 (resized).jpeg3EB3A105-2328-4454-BAC2-64CEE04A5476 (resized).jpeg7D7DC9E2-05D8-4AEF-9187-05D144629AE2 (resized).jpeg
#9932 50 days ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

I really love the overall " crustiness" and been there done that look.

I was like get this picture over with and get back to my four hour drive home look, or was it who is that old guy in the picture? Lol

#9934 50 days ago

So you got it for the incredibly low asking price? I was number two in line I believe

They were asking a rediculously low price, so I offered more than twice asking price without knowing anything about the competition. I was the first person to contact them and several people after me offered to buy it at the asking price. He agreed Sunday to sell it to me and offered to hold it until today, six days later. Someone offered much much more than I offered and he turned him down because he already agreed to sell it to me.

#9972 46 days ago
Quoted from ClarkWGriswold:

My first pin purchase.....came home with me from New Jersey last Friday. Firepower! Now I need a nudge game. Mine sucks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the pin club! Now sell those crappy arcade games to make room for more pins.

1 week later
#10045 36 days ago

Rocky and Bullwinkle have been captured! Great game flow but the mystery bonus is why it isn’t used in tournaments. Definately player condition cabinet but the backglass and playfield look amazing

6E67EFB4-9C11-451E-AB36-0C1DEE4DE2FC (resized).jpeg8A698F41-64A5-4593-9CDE-9996B0917091 (resized).jpeg
#10081 32 days ago

You can buy a stencil for this title from Pinball Pimp. Look for articles on Pinside about cabinet repairs, fix up the cabinet, sand down the old paint, wood bondo, sand again, paint, then clear coat over the paint.
http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=1442

2 weeks later
#10178 15 days ago

My first Firepower. Beautiful playfield with almost no wear and a nice cabinet. Backglass is a little rough but it was a great price.

6B5501F9-E56C-43A1-8F1C-E6796D6C3B06 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 19.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside