(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,654 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

254 posts in this topic match your search for posts by SilverUnicorn. You are on page 1 of 2.
#332 9 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Finally! LOTR!

20150411_111837.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Hey! Where'd you get that?

Enjoy it!
Chris

2 weeks later
#351 8 years ago

This followed me home from Pinfest Still need to get it into the basement.

PM1.jpgPM1.jpg PM2.jpgPM2.jpg PM3.jpgPM3.jpg PM4.jpgPM4.jpg
#354 8 years ago

Nice system 11 row! Breakshot is a great game. Enjoy!

Chris

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Just bought my first Capcom

IMG_2198.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

OOOOOH! That's a good one! Love ours, but it is currently broken

We removed the mylar and it looks almost new!Enjoy Airborne. It is an awesome game!

Chris

1 week later
#385 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Finally AC/DC! Sound is amazing!

20150513_133048.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150513_135754.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150513_143511.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150513_143526.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That little green truck sure gets a workout

Enjoy the new game!

Chris

2 months later
#669 8 years ago
Quoted from tubbee:

I just had my Flintstones delivered to me 2 days ago and I have been playing it since lol.

100_2889.jpg 100_2897.jpg 100_2888.jpg

The EM to the left looks "tired"

Chris

3 weeks later
#823 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Was it cheap because HUO is kinda standard for sterns.

Monopoly is a bargain of a pin. There's TONS of stuff on the playfield. 3 ramps, 4 flippers, 6 pop bumpers, Lawlor design, GREAT flow. and you can still find them for 2K or slightly more. It's a great game. Good dots and sound too.

I love the Monopoly we got. Clean up really nice and was only 2K. Not sure what you paid for the HUO one, but I would say it was woth it.

Chris

1 week later
#905 8 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

The text on the buttons is faded so I'll get those replaced once I find a set.

Good luck with that Seriously though, if you can fins some, more power to ya. I couldn't so I ended up getting little plates to put on them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/riverboat-gambler-button-mod#post-1513666

Chris

#928 8 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

A little late night action.

IMG_0279.jpg IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0285.jpg IMG_0286.jpg

If I may ask, what kind of vehicle is that?

Thanks,
Chris

1 week later
#981 8 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Finally brought home and set-up an old Straight Shooter pin that was sitting at a collector friend's home (5 hour drive away) for over 6 months.
She ain't the prettiest (yet) and needs tweaking but a fun and challenging woodrail from '59.
100_2365.jpg
100_2350.jpg

ooooh! a Space Duel!!! Nice!

Chris

2 weeks later
#1071 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just picked up an unusual hybrid game--Gottlieb Caveman. There's a code/rule update for this game, which should improve the gameplay drastically.
http://www.flipprojets.fr/CavemanEvo_EN.php
Playfield looks good, but the backglass was badly flaking (if anyone has a good spare to sell, let me know ). The battery basically threw up all over the MPU. But, it's a standard 80A board, so that's not a huge hurdle to replace.

20151010140413908.jpg 20151010140304816.jpg 20151010140322723.jpg 20151010140703681.jpg 20151010141003178.jpg

Oh, man. Todd Tuckey had 6 of these in parts one year at the Allentown show. Interesting hybrid for sure.

Chris

#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Miss-O has always been flying under the radar. I'd love to put in a few rounds on that game.

Yours would need to be Miss-O-din

Chris

1 month later
#1436 8 years ago

It always said "I'll Be Back!" Little did I know.....

DSCF9751.jpgDSCF9751.jpg

DSCF9754.jpgDSCF9754.jpg
DSCF9755.jpgDSCF9755.jpg

#1456 8 years ago

Holy cow that is clean!!! Congrats!

Chris

1 week later
#1523 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Very stoked to finally get this, loving how smoothly this plays!

GOT_1.jpg GOT_2.jpg

Nice candy cabinet too!

DSCF4731_(resized).JPGDSCF4731_(resized).JPG

2 months later
#2009 8 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Picked up today from a fellow Pinsider!
Thrilled.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

What vehicle is that in? Looks like it just barely made it!

Chris

1 week later
#2064 8 years ago

Airborne is such a great machine. Enjoy!!

Chris

1 month later
#2435 7 years ago

I brought home a machine to bring home machines

IMG_3780_(resized).jpgIMG_3780_(resized).jpg

IMG_3776_(resized).jpgIMG_3776_(resized).jpg

IMG_3779_(resized).jpgIMG_3779_(resized).jpg

IMG_3774_(resized).jpgIMG_3774_(resized).jpg

front_(resized).jpgfront_(resized).jpg

Chris

#2468 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Nice. Love the looks of the new Durangos. If I was in the market for an SUV, it'd be either one of those or a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I was originally going to get a Grand Cherokee, but I have heard pins are super tight in the new ones. I like those a lot though.

Chris

7 months later
#3983 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

So I tore up the candlepin bowling alley to free up a ton of space....got this in its place

The new one is cool, but really? They alley was a staple of yours! Did you sell it?

Just surprised that would go by the wayside.

Chris

2 weeks later
#4111 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Story is, my niece works at a restore and they don't take arcade/pinball games. Her co worker who does the pickups on things like furniture and appliances, mentioned to my niece about a pinball machine an old lady just wanted to get rid of in her basement, kids and grandkids had grown, etc and she just wanted it gone. (my niece had told them I was into pinball so that's why he gave her the heads up)
I had forgotten my tools on the way over to get it, and all I had was a pair of plyers and a flat head, and wouldn't you know, no key for the headbox. Hacking that lock wasn't fun but I had to, because the bolt was in there preventing the head from going down.
I guess she had it for around 20 years in a windowless basement, the batteries were dated for 1999. Playfield was black/dirty but wiped it down and is easily the nicest Black Rose I've seen. Plays like new too. First free to come along.

Very cool!

If you want to double your money, just let me know

Chris

#4142 7 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

Bringing this baby back from the dead !

Wow, that looks lke a big project. Was that in a flood? If so, you may want to insure there was no sewage that got into it. No sense gettign super sick bringing a pin back. Good luck on the restore!

Chris

1 month later
#4423 7 years ago

Brought this home the other day. Better fix it quick or I'll be swimming with the fishes! This is the machine we have at work and it is hammered. I will get it all working again then return it.

DSCF0202 (resized).JPGDSCF0202 (resized).JPG

DSCF0201 (resized).JPGDSCF0201 (resized).JPG

DSCF0204 (resized).JPGDSCF0204 (resized).JPG

Chris

1 week later
#4531 7 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

682 miles later and 12 hours in the car I brought home a game I've always wanted. All stock.

Nice! I am working on one now. If you figure out how to remove the safe assembly can you let me know?

Chris

3 weeks later
#4654 7 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

What can I say? I like a challenge. Got it working fairly quick.
1964 Bally Grand Tour

Whoa! Is that a Shelby Charger, circa 1987?!

Chris

4 weeks later
#4935 6 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

MORE PICS OF VAN!!!!
The "finger" in the door looks awesome!
Would love to see more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/11#post-3699331

Chris

3 weeks later
#5194 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not game but got an Escalera ms60 today on Craigslist for 750. Real nice but I'm gonna get some new paws for it and maybe a new battery. Even came with big wheel attachments

Was that the one in Doylestown?

Chris

1 month later
#5522 6 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Not a pin, but I feel fortunate to get it. Saw it online, left work half day and came home with it. Been wanting one since my hurnia surgery. It's the 72" version, but for $350 with battery and charger, I can't complain.

Damn, I missed this by like 30 minutes. Glad a pinsider got it.

Chris

3 weeks later
1 week later
#5821 6 years ago

A Two-fer!

DSCF1024 (resized).JPGDSCF1024 (resized).JPG

DSCF1029 (resized).JPGDSCF1029 (resized).JPG

DSCF1027 (resized).JPGDSCF1027 (resized).JPG

DSCF1032 (resized).JPGDSCF1032 (resized).JPG

#5827 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Nice pick up Chris!

Thanks! Phantom of the Opera was a long time search for a nice one. The Galaga isn't perfect, but it's a fun little game for sure!

Chris

2 months later
#6587 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Forget the pin, I wanna see the rest of that van!

Quoted from doompin:

I was thinking the same thing. I bet it has a barbarian babe airbrushed on the side of it.

See here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/11#post-3699331

4 weeks later
#6908 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy:

Where can one buy those pinball feets?

Those are Pin footies (TM) made by pinsider Bryan_Kelly. I have them on all my machines and love them.

Chris

1 week later
#7007 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Last night silverunicorn and I went and picked this game up from a co-worker. It is my first machine and I definitely owe a big thanks to him for answering questions and helping me with transport. He didn't have to help me transport my game but he was more than willing. Great member of the pinball community!
The game was given to me by a co-worker who had the game at her house. Apparently, the machine came with the house when they bought it. When she found out I loved pinball, she said I could have it as long as I came to pick it up. So it was a no brainer. Overall, the playfield isn't bad at all! Most of the wear is up by the spinners. Some lights are out but I'm planning to LED the whole thing anyways so that isn't a big deal. The backbox may not be the original box or it was painted by the previous owner. Not ideal but I can't complain considering it was free. At first glance, switches all seem to register and the flippers are still in great shape. I'm super excited to finally have a game.
The only downside... I'm flying to Milwaukee for a wedding today so I'm going to have to wait a few days before I can really dive into the game.
Thanks again for the help silverunicorn!

It was my pleasure to help you. The High Soeed, while not perfect, plays extremely well. It is a perfect first machine.

The move had its challenges for sure. I still feel bad about the wall, but we got it in with minimal issue, and the game was intact

I had forgotten how much I love High Speed. It has some classic Williams sounds for sure!

Enjoy it!
Chris

#7012 6 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I feel like there's a story here

The house it came out of was gorgeous. The game room loft was on the second floor. The steps went down, made 2 turns, and then down again. And they were VERY nice hardwood steps. I was paranoid of scratching them. We got out of that situation unscathed, but at the turn realized we couldn' make the turn with the game on the handtruck. and not much room to remove it without taking it back up the stps.

Anyway, we get to the destination. Get the game in the house with no issues. My genius idea was that we could slide the machine down the steps on the carpet because again, there was limited room at the bottom and the game and handtruck would not fit. So that's what we did. Which worked really well, until I missed a step and fell backwards. the game slid down about 6 steps, and marked up the wall on the way down. No gouges, but I felt pretty bad about it. I take pride in moving things well, and this was a stupid mistake on my part.

I have 2 cool bruises, but nobody got hurt, the game was okay, and the wall really wasn't that bad. I just feld bad about the whole thing.

Chris

#7056 6 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I can't thank you enough! You have a lifetime pass to my basement and beer anytime you want to play High Speed. I'm just up the road.

Pinball people help each other. That's what we do I may take you up on that offer too!

Chris

3 months later
#8131 6 years ago

Bobby Orr project , Black Knight 2000 project .. both are pretty much complete.

There was someone looking for a BK2K project in the Pinfest thread.

Chris

2 months later
#8725 5 years ago

Finally!!!

IMG_5667 (resized).JPGIMG_5667 (resized).JPG

#8729 5 years ago

Got the Bad Cats set up. Loving this game and was thrilled to get a decent example.

DSCF1486 (resized).JPGDSCF1486 (resized).JPG

DSCF1488 (resized).JPGDSCF1488 (resized).JPG

DSCF1487 (resized).JPGDSCF1487 (resized).JPG

DSCF1489 (resized).JPGDSCF1489 (resized).JPG

DSCF1490 (resized).JPGDSCF1490 (resized).JPG

DSCF1491 (resized).JPGDSCF1491 (resized).JPG

#8768 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

She needs to be shopped, but my birthday present to myself - Monopoly!

Monopoly gets a pretty bad rap, but I enjoy it. Great long ramp shots, lots to do. When shopped it's a really nice looking machine too. Congrats!

Chris

1 month later
#9242 5 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Took home one of my grail pins today! Been wanting a Road Show for over a decade now. Probably should have been looking harder a few years ago when they were cheaper, but... eh, I got it. Needs some work, but at least it's pretty clean.
Part of my tarp blew loose on the way home - a 2.5-hour drive - and flopped violently in the wind. Got home to discover that it had deposited tiny bits of green plastic all over the glass and backbox - and somehow even all over the apron under the glass. That was the first time I've ever had to vacuum part of a playfield.
NOTE: Game was unfolded for photo purposes. It was NOT driven home uncovered with the backbox raised.
NOTE 2: I missed a major opportunity in the first photo; the game should have been sitting on the cardboard. Without legs, it was imamaculate.

Loomking good! What is Undertale? Did you build that yourself?

Chris

1 week later
#9381 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I know it is not a Pinside favorite, but I hauled home a clean Waterworld. I am one of the five or so people that liked the movie.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Big Thank You to sodacrack for meeting me/helping load up the game.

I must be 2 of 5 then, because I liked the movie a whole lot.

Enjoy the game!

Chris

4 months later
#10618 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Here's my latest - a 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf! I had to jump on this deal because I may never see one again, especially in such good condition.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I've already made new gates and have ordered new balls. The shooter knob was replaced by a lamp finial, so I'm on the lookout for a more adequate replacement.

This is really cool. Never seen anything like that before.

Chris

3 weeks later
#10798 5 years ago

Picked up this sweet game today. Multiball and everything!

dmp (resized).jpgdmp (resized).jpg
#10834 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Made a 770 mile drive through Winter Storm Harper to pick up a nice SST
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Love my Durango for moving machines!

DSCF0204 (resized).JPGDSCF0204 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#11086 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The Grand Lizard is alive![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa! That is nice, and has the pre-production backglass! Very nice!

Chris

4 weeks later
#11383 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Evening pickup! She's gonna need a lot of work, but I know it's gonna be worth it!
[quoted image]

Was this the $3900 one on Facebook? I seriously considered that when I saw it. If so I hope it gives you lots of enjoyment! Seemed like a great deal!

Chris

#11387 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Yep! I contacted the seller 20 minutes after posting, and he said there were still people ahead of me. Somehow I got lucky the other 2 people ahead backed out.
The game needs a little more work than I had anticipated, but it boots and plays just fine. Figured I’d never see another AFM priced that well, so I pulled the trigger on it.
I plan on doing a playfield swap and re-decal the cabinet. Ordered new ramps and a plastic set. When all is said and done, I’ll probably just be a little under what it’d cost to buy a NIB one, but I’m super stoked about having an original. That alone makes it worth it to me.

Awesome! Glad someone here was able to get it and can make it great again!

Chris

2 weeks later
#11523 5 years ago

Not a pinball machine, but still a pretty uncommon video game. It's like stepping back into my youth.

1982 Atari Black Widow. Super clean example (converted from a Gravitar as many were). Already did the first mod. The sideart for Black Widow was missing on the left side, and missing in spots on the right. I peeled the Black Widow art off and found near perfect Gravitar art underneath, which looks better anyway (in my opinion).

May not mean much to just pinball guys, but this was a great pickup to me.

IMG_6143 (resized).jpgIMG_6143 (resized).jpg
#11524 5 years ago

More pics

DSCF1583 (resized).JPGDSCF1583 (resized).JPGDSCF1584 (resized).JPGDSCF1584 (resized).JPGDSCF1585 (resized).JPGDSCF1585 (resized).JPGDSCF1586 (resized).JPGDSCF1586 (resized).JPGDSCF1592 (resized).JPGDSCF1592 (resized).JPGDSCF1593 (resized).JPGDSCF1593 (resized).JPGDSCF1594 (resized).JPGDSCF1594 (resized).JPGDSCF1595 (resized).JPGDSCF1595 (resized).JPG
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11540 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It's a fantastic game. I found one like 12 years ago for $100 and I will never sell.

WOW! I wish this was $100 LOL. But given the condition I was happy with the deal. The game is much harder than I remember or may I am older and slower.

Chris

1 week later
#11621 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Not a pin, but been looking for a project. Found it today. We all know there is more where this came from! 14 footer!
Now I need to find a bowler forum.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Grand Cherokee!

Chris

#11646 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Jumped in the truck this morning with my 8 year old son to go buy some doughnuts for the family and stopped at a yard sale down the street from us on the way back (literally at the end of my street).
Bought some random stuff like a large carved wood swan for $10 and as we were leaving the lady running the sale notice I had an arcade related ball cap on.
She asked me if I liked games and then took me around to the shed and showed me this Ms. Pac-Man.
Wound up buying it off her for $600 and she proceeded to tell me how her father owned a bowling alley in Illinois back in the 80s.
She brought the game with her when she moved to Arizona 30 years ago.
Its a really nice all original survivor and is working (only thing it needed was a starter for the marquee light).
I asked if she had anything else and she says she has some pins in her property up north and will send me pics next time she's there.
She didn't know what titles or much about them, so I asked if they had score reels or digital display.
She said they had a digital display for the score like an alarm clock. Guess ill find out soon enough.
I assume they are going to be mid 80s solid states from around the same time period maybe?
The tax stickers on the Ms. Pack are from 1984 and 1985.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Careful, people may get upset it's not a pin. LOL

Looks beautiful! Much nicer than mine which I think was from the hood. Great story as well. Enjoy it!

Chris

#11706 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Best pin in the 5k range. So glad this baby is home !!
Thank you Easter bunny

Great pickup! Where the heck did you find a 5K Monster Bash?!

Chris

1 week later
#11829 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I hesitated on a Quick Draw once. Dumb. Should have just pulled the trigger.

I see what you did there.

Chris

2 weeks later
#12026 4 years ago

Not pinball, but I don't care

Classics!

galagalit (resized).jpggalagalit (resized).jpgmspaclit (resized).jpgmspaclit (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#12284 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Blackout[quoted image][quoted image]

+100 for the Weird Al reference.

+1 for the Blackout

CHris

#12352 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Heading back from Bethlehem PA with another project, this time, Olympic Hockey! We're thinking of a few neat mods to add to the experience of the game play. (Had to stop at Schell's hot dogs for a bite!)
Thanks to Scott_K387 and Scott Jr, two great pinheads who made the pick up so easy![quoted image]

Congrats on the pickup! Next time stop over in Quakertown and we can have a beer and play some pinball

Chris

4 weeks later
#12643 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Currently at work where I had it delivered. Opening up for inspection. What could be under this blanket?!
I’ll give you a hint... there’s one in my collection but I haven’t added THIS one yet![quoted image]

Stern Star Trek?

1 week later
#12798 4 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

[quoted image]

I am guessing you got that from Vince?

Good pickup!
Chris

4 weeks later
#13207 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Living right outside of Philly, couldn’t Pass this game up. Had to take a quick break from work to Stow this one in the back of my SUV.
Thanks to ronss for hooking me up.[quoted image][quoted image]

I think we need to ban Colsond3 from this thread. He makes me jealous!!!!!

Chris

2 weeks later
#13445 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

My first Capcon pin is now home.
Going to unwrap her tomorrow night with the kids and get her all set up.[quoted image]

Airborne is an awesome game! If everything is working well it's a blast to play and super fun! Love ours!

Enjoy it!

Chris

1 week later
#13550 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

[quoted image]

"I think PPS sent me the wrong Powerball"

Chris

2 months later
#14175 4 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Today has been great. Hit the road at 4:30am to head to Pincinnati, met a way cool pinsider, and grabbed a SLAMMING deal on this beauty. Just over 2,000 original plays. Never saw the inside of an arcade a day of it’s life. Might be the nicest Pinball Magic on planet Earth. A rare find for a game that’s already hard to find.
Bonus: A modern game does indeed fit in the 2017-current Mazda CX-5
[quoted image]

Congrats! Love my Pinball Magic. Although, it makes me cringe to see it on it's side like that .

You do what you gotta do though. Enjoy the machine!

Chris

2 weeks later
#14355 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I don't remember it but may come back if they post a vid. Those were some good times through the 80's for video games.

GORF kicked my ass back in the day.

Chris

2 weeks later
#14541 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Met a nice pinsider/seller today.
Came home with the Knight![quoted image][quoted image]

Damn nice pickup vehicle! Is that a GC or a Durango?

Chris

1 week later
#14622 4 years ago

Not a pin, but 80's goodness!

Atari Space Duel. Love the bass in this game! Even came with a retro 80's ashtray.

Chris

IMG_0792 (resized).jpgIMG_0792 (resized).jpgIMG_0793 (resized).jpgIMG_0793 (resized).jpgIMG_0795 (resized).jpgIMG_0795 (resized).jpgIMG_0796 (resized).jpgIMG_0796 (resized).jpgIMG_0797 (resized).jpgIMG_0797 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#14856 4 years ago
Quoted from Herk:

I got a nice lot of stuff from a local warehouse. I was pretty excited about the dk jr. but then I was really excited when I found this behind some machines![quoted image][quoted image]

Well call me jealous. That probably paid for your entire purchase, and then some!

Chris

#14896 4 years ago

Gonna fix this up for work.

F01B7F0A-62CF-4024-A596-B047190D1142 (resized).jpegF01B7F0A-62CF-4024-A596-B047190D1142 (resized).jpeg
#14918 4 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

This is my current pinnacle purchase.
Almost dollied it back up stairs to cuddle with it overnight.
Nib Mmr LE[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!!!

Wish I had that Lectro Truck!

Chris

3 weeks later
#15139 4 years ago

The Doctor is in!!!

IMG_1009 (resized).jpgIMG_1009 (resized).jpgIMG_1011 (resized).jpgIMG_1011 (resized).jpgIMG_1013 (resized).jpgIMG_1013 (resized).jpgIMG_1014 (resized).jpgIMG_1014 (resized).jpgIMG_1015 (resized).jpgIMG_1015 (resized).jpgIMG_1016 (resized).jpgIMG_1016 (resized).jpg
#15143 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Nice find Chris

Thanks. I played this a TON back in the day and am happy to add it to the collection.

Quoted from Hawk007:

Always be excellent, never be rude. Get the gift of gab with dr dude!

Words to live by

Chris

3 weeks later
#15342 4 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Late birthday present
[quoted image]

Just so you know, my birthday is July 4th.

Chris

#15347 4 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Got this to work on during any lockdown. Love the cheesy music,call outs and game play. Keith McTeeth. What a classic![quoted image][quoted image]

That's not a popular game but I found it fun when when we had it. Some good long shots on that playfield.

Chris

#15353 4 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So on that Star Wars - What is that blue button for ?? Thats funny .

Looks like one of the leg leveler protectors got stuck to the front of the machine

Chris

2 weeks later
#15512 4 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Well....technically I brought it home 5 years ago....but it’s been wrapped up in the garage since then. Today....I brought him in to finally get started on the clean up and repair.
Was one of my grail pins, and got it for a great price as well. Plus it’s in pretty damn good shape considering.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, fantastic looking phantom! That backglass looks mint!

Not sure how you waited 5 years to set that bad boy up! Love ours. Enjoy it!

Chris

#15540 4 years ago
Quoted from SpaceTimeGuy:

Here is one you don'y see often ... HEAVY METAL MELTDOWN ... 1980's at it's finest !! Just picked this up last weekend ... want to get it going but the MPU is really corroded ... Anyone have a decent MPU ?? PM me (in case I don't see you response on this thread) .... Bally MPU A084-91786-AH06 (6803) looks like same MPU is in Hard Body, Strange Science, Escape from Lost World, Special Forces, Motordome, etc ... PM if you have one ! Thanks ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is so awesomely cheesy it's great! The topper for this was crazy. Did yours come with the topper?

Chris

3 weeks later
#15843 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

What’s better than buying a pinball machine? Going on a roadtrip with a buddy to buy several pins and a cocktail arcade!
I recently bought an “escape from the lost world”, and was fortunate enough to be offered two more pin deals as well. I knew I didn’t need that many new projects, so I messaged My good friend erico201 and asked if he wanted in on the fun. And he did!
So today Eric drove out my way, and we spent the day picking up projects. I ended up with a dr.dude, and Eric picked up a genie and a Juno first arcade. It was a bit of a puzzle, but we made it all fit in the truck.
We had a blast, and met some interesting characters along the way. Eric even offered to help me with some board work on my new projects!
Overall, it was a fun day filled with laughter, and pinball machines. Eric, you rock!
Now, onto the pics!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love me some Dr Dude. Great (albeit cheesy) 80's System 11 awesomeness. Such good music. Looks like it should clean up nice. LOL @ the replacement Big Shot character on that one. Enjoy it!

Chris

2 weeks later
#16084 3 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Nice Taxi!

#16131 3 years ago

oooooh, Barracora!

#16153 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I can recognize those mischievous eyes anywhere. Unicorn beat me to the punch. Congrats on that one!
Looks like it’s in great shape.

Well, if I can't beat you to the deals I gotta beat you somehow

Chris

#16154 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I can recognize those mischievous eyes anywhere. Unicorn beat me to the punch. Congrats on that one!
Looks like it’s in great shape.

Well, if I can't beat you to the deals I gotta beat you somehow

Chris

Quoted from Coindork:

Brought this home last night.
Very nice condition but in need a good cleaning and full shop job.
Started going through it last night with nethawk86 and fixed all the errors (27 in all).
Mostly bulbs out, a couple stuck switches and one completely dead switch that we replaced. Couple loose wires etc. Game is working 100% now as it should and not throwing any errors.
Need to order a few things and then the cleaning begins. [quoted image]

Great Capcom title. I love my Pinball Magic. Also, they look amazing with a color DMD. Just sayin'.

Chris

#16242 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

24 hour roundtrip to pickup this beauty; seemed appropriate to document a Circle K stop.
Guess what honey, this trip's not for a pinball!
[quoted image]

That's awesome! Do you have the phone to go in it?

I have a pay phone in the game room bu not pone booth. that is awesome.

Chris

#16279 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I couldn’t resist! Got it in last Tuesday.
Ever since I played Breakshot back in November I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it!!
Absolutely stunning game. Great addition to the lineup!

Breakshot is a great game, and looks amazing with a color DMD. Just sayin.

Congrats on your pickup!

Chris

#16291 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Brought this home last night.
The wife has been wanting one of these since they first came out.
Wound up trading straight across for 5 arcade games.
The wife is stoked and so am I since I didn’t come out of pocket any cash and was able to free up some space.
It’s only got about 500 play on it, so still looks pretty good and no play field chipping or pooling.
Need to move some stuff around this weekend to find it a proper spot.
FYI, our two kids are named:
Penelope Elaine (Penny Lane)
And
Harrison George
[quoted image]

Nice! Now I am wondering what 5 arcade games got you that! LOL

Chris

#16298 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

1) Gauntlet II (very nice example, all new art and CPO)
2) Super Sprint (fully restored including powder coated coin door pedals etc)
3) Sea Wolf (modern sit down redemption game)
4) Centipede (all original, very minty survivor and an early serial number with purple on the side art and marquee. This was only done on the early run and after that they were done in yellow.)
5) Moon Patrol (I know, I know. This is one of my babies, but I’ll find another one and hopefully a nicer one. It was descent, but I always wanted a nicer cab).

Thanks for sharing! I think you made out pretty darn well in my opinion. Yes it's hard to give up some of your babies, but like you said you can always find another!

Enjoy the Beatles pin!

Chris

1 week later
#16507 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Picked up for and with a friend a nice dr dude for a decent price

Looks great! Love my Dr. Dude!

Enjoy

Chris

#16516 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I took my nephew to pick up his first pin[quoted image]

What machine is that? And yes, I totally read his shirt wrong. LOL

Chris

#16525 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

A fantastic semi-local Pinsider offered up one of my with list games. . . so I took the bait and brought it home. Thanks again Dan!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I don't sell many games, but Mousin' Around is one I seriously regret selling. Super fun game to me with really catchy music!

Enjoy!

Chris

#16580 3 years ago

My birthday is today, so if anyone wants to give me a machine so I can participate in this thread I won't complain! LOL

Great seeing the hobby doing so well during all the craziness of the time.

Chris

#16604 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Do you want a Fan-tas-tic for $150?
Cab and PF are nice, BG is OK (good amount of touch ups from previous owner). Needs a little mechanical work. I recently polished the coin door and started cleaning up the cab, and it’s coming out nice.
I was going to list it for $300 or go put it in storage, but it’s yours if you wanna cruise down and grab it for 1/2 price. Happy Bday.

oh wow, thank you for that offer! I am really not an EM guy, but that price is tempting! I was far too inebriated yesterday to do anything, and unfortunately today is booked solid, and next week work schedule is crazy

I sincerely appreciate your offer, and really want to see ColsonLand (tm) in person some time as you aren't that far from me at all.

Chris

#16648 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow that has a very nice PF and cabbut what I want to know the most is what's in that yellow envelope marked midway?lol

I would get the manual set. I have the same envelope in my Dr. Dude.

Chris

2 months later
#17796 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

The only 'Future' themed pinball machine that matters!
[quoted image]

Took me a minute to realize the machine to the left of the Future Spa was actually a reflection in the poster glass. Derp!

Chris

3 weeks later
#17979 3 years ago

ZOMG!!! I can FINALLY post in this thread again! This is going to be quite a project but I am looking forward to it!

IMG_2406 (resized).jpgIMG_2406 (resized).jpgIMG_2407 (resized).jpgIMG_2407 (resized).jpgIMG_2410 (resized).jpgIMG_2410 (resized).jpgIMG_2411 (resized).jpgIMG_2411 (resized).jpgIMG_2412 (resized).jpgIMG_2412 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#18460 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Never owned this one before. Shopping it out to see if I like it or not.
[quoted image]

If you don't, let me know. I wouldn't mind having one of those, although the call outs did drive me somewhat cuta. LOL

Chris

#18559 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely happy...a few dings and scrapes on the backbox, but otherwise a pretty cherry game. PF is real nice with original mylar.
Staring at the mirror polished LD bar is making me think I now have to break out a polishing wheel for some of my other games.

If this comes up for sale in the future please keep me in mind

Chris

#18588 3 years ago
Quoted from adtseismo:

I haven't hauled a cab long distance before, today was the first day I tried, and I have to say it was a huge success.
Very good example of a very underrated game.[quoted image]

Nice! Even has the screened playfield glass!

Chris

2 weeks later
#18847 3 years ago
Quoted from krazy53:

Today’s haul... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap, that IS a haul! Nice!

Chris

2 weeks later
#18955 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Eeeearly morning start for something way above my budget for pins... t2 and alien poker already left the collection and pinbot will soon follow.. and those THREE don't fully cover this *one*. Yikes.

But now you're only 2 hours away!!!! Drive safely!

Chris

#18965 3 years ago

I like how it is buckled up for safety

Enjoy!

Chris

#18976 3 years ago
Quoted from Hapidance:

This is what came home with me yesterday.
I was excited to find it but I’m gonna need som help!

I saw this on FB and considered picking it up. Nice get.

Chris

2 weeks later
#19114 3 years ago
Quoted from krazy53:

Yesterday’s pickup..:[quoted image]

Nice! Love me some Checkpoint!

Good pair to have together.

#19127 3 years ago

Not a pin but by far the heaviest game I have ever moved!

Carnevil 2 (resized).jpgCarnevil 2 (resized).jpg

Carnevil 1 (resized).jpgCarnevil 1 (resized).jpg

#19133 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And I’d be happy to help you move it again...out to my truck haha.
Just checked out a vid on that game. Looks nuts. Let me know if you ever decide to move it.

Will do. The flyer says it weighs 500 pounds and it felt every but of it. Just the back door panel weighs about 40 lbs! Insane. Down the steps was hard enough. I can't even imagine getting it back out. Maybe an Escalera would make that easier.

It's fun so far. Added it to give some variety to the game room. The wife likes it too, which is a bonus!

Chris

#19139 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

CarnEvil is a very creepy shooter, and worth owning if for the artwork alone. I'm tempted to buy cabinet decals from Ebay for $90. That art is just awesome!

The art is what drew it to me originally to be honest. The wife wanted a shooter and this came up locally. Looks good, even when off.

Chris

1 month later
#19450 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just picked up 30 sheets of new tempered standard PF glass if anybody needs some.
And completely unexpected in the same trip...a Robocop.
Not sure if I’ll keep it or pass it on. It definitely needs some love.

"completely unexpected"

Was that glass from Ivan?

Chris

1 week later
#19637 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Unexpected deal cut today for 3 items. Just got home, ended up buying in the city I hauled my boys to for a hockey session. Nothing like a combo hit for the day!
Picked up a Scorpion!! Holy shit, what a unit. Blows a fuse, needs work.
A cocktail arcade, good to go. And unpictured a “Hang on”.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice scores! That cocktail game looks like it used to be a Williams Defender.

Chris

1 week later
#19750 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

STI delivered 3 for me. Not a fan of the on legs delivery. No problems yet. Super excited to get them unwrapped.

Oooooh! Is that Cosmic Gunfight?!

Chris

#19829 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image]

Nice! Keep getting that new stuff so you can sell me your old stuff! LOL

Chris

#19831 3 years ago

I live for the day I can post in this thread.

soon (resized).pngsoon (resized).png

Chris

#19846 3 years ago

Not the Most loved game, but a quick 3 hour round trip scored me a super sweet Big Guns!!

4BB4FF89-760A-41ED-A022-73ABE02CA070 (resized).jpeg4BB4FF89-760A-41ED-A022-73ABE02CA070 (resized).jpeg8A55E5AD-11A9-45EC-99DF-E093B16CE0F8 (resized).jpeg8A55E5AD-11A9-45EC-99DF-E093B16CE0F8 (resized).jpegA3528C8D-6990-47EA-891F-20A05A9ACAD3 (resized).jpegA3528C8D-6990-47EA-891F-20A05A9ACAD3 (resized).jpegB616811F-E2FB-4F8D-B9B4-3A2DF85D6953 (resized).jpegB616811F-E2FB-4F8D-B9B4-3A2DF85D6953 (resized).jpeg

#19852 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The cabinet looks like it’s in beautiful shape for one of these.

It really is. It's the nicest Big Guns I have ever seen in person. I was really lucky to grab it in my opinion.

Chris

#19856 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Did some trading today with a buddy and got this.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks like it's in great condition! Stupid question, but why are there extra leg bolt holes in the cabinet? My guess is so it could be set low for kids to play? Just curious.

Chris

2 weeks later
#19992 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Love the "Play Better" topper for that No Fear!

Oh, Kangaroo is cool too

Chris

1 week later
#20063 2 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

A quick 6 hour round trip for this gem yesterday.[quoted image][quoted image]

Played Hoops at one of the Allentown shows ans it was good fun. Nice pickup!

Chris

1 week later
#20186 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

"RUN COWARD!"

"BEWARE, I LIVE!"

Such great call outs in this game. I always enjoyed it but was never good at it.

Chris

#20301 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Not a pin but a really nice Jennings 25 cent slot machine with all the plating redone.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is beautiful!

Chris

#20331 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

That looks like a really nice example! I'm not normally a side art blade fan but those are pretty good!

Love my Dr. Dude. ENjoy!

CHris

#20361 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!
Picked up the game everyone loves to hate! Also the game that bankrupted Capcom and is the reason we didn’t get a proper release of Big Bang Bar I love it!
I’m the guy who buys the games nobody else wants
[quoted image]

I actually really like this game, and it has some absolutely astounding DMD work in it. the resolution of the DMD is twice that of a normal one so the graphics are really sharp. Nice pickup!

Chris

1 month later
#20937 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:It's been 16 long months since I've been able to post in this group! Meteor project in the house! Great bones here for a restore....everything is there and it starts a game. Looking forward to digging deeper later tonight and starting my to-do list.[quoted image]

nice pickup! Is that glass faded or is it just a bad angle on the photo? Almost looks like a black and white glass.

Chris

2 weeks later
#21041 2 years ago

Not a pin but got this NSM Firebird wall mount Jukebox that I picked up at Allentown show yesterday. Holy crap are these things heavy!!!

Thanks to Zac Aj for transporting it from NY state for me!

jukebox (resized).jpgjukebox (resized).jpg

#21042 2 years ago

Brought home 2 machines today.

1) a moving machine. Ultra Lift powered dolly

64938707081__64BC4897-E09F-4D25-A8D0-279A2DAE1B56 (resized).jpg64938707081__64BC4897-E09F-4D25-A8D0-279A2DAE1B56 (resized).jpg

IMG_4264 (resized).jpgIMG_4264 (resized).jpg

2) a nice small change machine.

64938739101__31C7AA5E-B19F-46AF-A00D-AB1289E45FFF (resized).jpg64938739101__31C7AA5E-B19F-46AF-A00D-AB1289E45FFF (resized).jpg

#21058 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Did you get the wall bracket? Wait till you lift it to the wall. I managed to do it alone. That bastard is heavy!

Yes, it came with the wall bracket, and I was SHOCKED to realize how heavy they were! I don't know how you did it yourself. I thought Pay Phones were heavy for what they were until I picked this thing up at the show. Not sure my wall will hold it. LOL

Chris

#21062 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I hung mine alone too…. But I had help from my Escalera forklift attachment

You know, I was thinking I could probably use the Ultra Lift to do something like that.

hmmmmmm.

Chris

1 week later
#21148 2 years ago
Quoted from PIN-CPS:

When I picked up my Who Dunnit last week, the seller mentioned he was going to imminently sell his Creature as well. Told me he would either post it on CL or give me a day to sleep on a killer deal. Took all of a few hours to think about it, and today it came home. Top 3 dream pin for me; super stoked!

Great pickup, and awesome pickup truck too!

Chris

2 weeks later
#21289 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Made a 400+ mile road trip last night after work with my dad to pick this one up. This one has been on my want list for a while. I unloaded it last night but didn't get it setup until tonight.

The Shadow is awesome especially with the alternate translite, but can I just say how AMAZING the art is on your Mame machine? Bravo!

Chris

#21300 2 years ago
Quoted from Lowboy44:

Super stoked on this 1988 Stern Time Machine pickup. It's the newest pin I own lol
[quoted image]

Congrats! Was this the one in PA?

Chris

3 weeks later
#21518 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Picked up this "King of Diamonds" today from the guy who bought it at Pinfest. I originally had first dibs on it, but passed because I'd have been tapped out for the rest of the weekend. locksmith bought it, but let me get it from him so that he could get his "Dodge City" pin.
One of the nicest "KOD" playfields you'll ever see. Peachy!

I played that in Allentown. It was beautiful! Congrats!

Chris

#21535 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Congrats on the new pin!
Is that a stock pinball lifter? What's the brand?

Looks like a Craftsman ATV lift with the PBLifter attachment from Bruce Nightengale. I have the same setup and it works well.

Chris

#21544 2 years ago
Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

Is PBLifter still active? The website is down and the Facebook page is dated.
I need to get some type of lift for my machines.

I saw Bruce at the Allentown show. Unfortunately he's not doing much anymore since his father passed.

Chris

#21574 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Its a $130-$180 transmission or ATV jack with a frame made out of angle iron.
https://www.harborfreight.com/800-lb-low-lift-transmission-jack-60234.html
ebay.com link: itm
ebay.com link: itm

Yeah, I think I am in mine for $250 including the jack. $750 seems insane, but maybe it's just me.

Chris

1 week later
#21650 2 years ago

There are still good deals and great, honest sellers out there! Thanks YippieKiYay !!

65464585775__53DEE6B4-FB3E-4F94-B1F3-3DFD9FF278DD (resized).jpg65464585775__53DEE6B4-FB3E-4F94-B1F3-3DFD9FF278DD (resized).jpgIMG_4730 (resized).jpgIMG_4730 (resized).jpgIMG_4733 (resized).jpgIMG_4733 (resized).jpgIMG_4734 (resized).jpgIMG_4734 (resized).jpgIMG_4735 (resized).jpgIMG_4735 (resized).jpgIMG_4736 (resized).jpgIMG_4736 (resized).jpgIMG_4737 (resized).jpgIMG_4737 (resized).jpgIMG_4738 (resized).jpgIMG_4738 (resized).jpgIMG_4739 (resized).jpgIMG_4739 (resized).jpgIMG_4740 (resized).jpgIMG_4740 (resized).jpg
#21660 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Won a lottery?
NICE!!!

No, silly! He's a Pingod

Chris

#21672 2 years ago
Quoted from YippieKiYay:

Bad Cats followed me home yesterday. Needs lots of love but looking forward to it coming back to life.

Wait, what?! Nice! That will go nicely with your others. Would love to see pics (you can text if you prefer). Congrats! I'll have to come over and beat you at that one too (because I did so well with the others. LOL)

Chris

#21699 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Had to cross the Long Island Sound but finally got a TSPP

Congrats! Great game!

Chris

#21723 2 years ago

Got it a week or so ago but finally got it set up. Couldn’t wait until the basement was fixed, had to get going on this one

21C319C5-B64F-4200-847A-D2FFE0E78B2E (resized).jpeg21C319C5-B64F-4200-847A-D2FFE0E78B2E (resized).jpeg9CF600CD-A9AB-4727-9928-AD5117A67369 (resized).jpeg9CF600CD-A9AB-4727-9928-AD5117A67369 (resized).jpegA97A1953-C5D0-4B87-B315-EE83562EC552 (resized).jpegA97A1953-C5D0-4B87-B315-EE83562EC552 (resized).jpeg

#21725 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Finally got one. The wife’s pretty happy about this one. I might get a go soon.
[quoted image]

That's a great variety you have there!

Chris

#21760 2 years ago
Quoted from waymon:

A week late but I brought home a Baby Pac-Man and an Omega Race plus a lot of extra parts for baby. It’s an interesting little machine and those ghost are mean too.
[quoted image]

Nice pickup. I still contend that Omega Race has the best art package of any arcade game of the era (not including pinball). Just a gorgeous looking machine.

Chris

1 week later
#21930 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm hoping the kids love it. I cleared one space (BKSOR) to fit both of these, although Bad Cats absolutely needs stripped down and fully shopped at a minimum (it's FILTHY) so I could have gotten away with keeping BKSOR around a bit longer... oh well. I'm looking forward to seeing how the kids feel about it.

Doesn't seem to be anything special here besides all matching boards (except for the power supply -- bummer). I think it's just *that* dirty lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the pickups! I have a Bad Cats and would love a SlugFest as well. Enjoy them! They will go great with the rest of your lineup!

Chris

2 weeks later
#22026 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

after many of years of looking rounded up a ICB.
[quoted image]

Nice! Was this listed on FB Marketplace? I saw one for a decent price and should have jumped at it. I prefer the Taito version, but this one is super fun as well!

Nice pickup!

Chris

#22071 2 years ago

oooooh, you got a Pin-Bot from IKEA! LOL.

Good luck with it! great classic machine.

Chris

4 weeks later
#22336 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Picked this up today for $600. Needs a new bulb in the Marquee and could use a refurb on the joysticks and buttons but it works 100% as is.
Pretty stoked it's my first arcade!

That's a good deal on a reunion cabinet, especially if it has the original board in it. Looks super clean too. Nice pickup!

Chris

#22395 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Had a rough life but playing fine

Wait, is that in the bathroom?! If so it's still having a rough life. LOL

Chris

#22459 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Ok, I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea but I especially like stuff from 1931-1932.
[quoted image]

Says the guy with a Black Knight 2000 hoodie. LOL

Cool pickup you got there!

Chris

1 month later
#22899 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Score! Landed this NIB The Flip Side today! Yes, it’s only 1:6 size, but it has a spinning mech, a scoop, 3 pop bumpers and 4 jackpot targets. Silk screen cab and chrome. LEDs and old school chimes too! And a numeric display. I’ve only reached 100k once! The market being what it is, I’m thinking outside the box. Plus, I was able to bring it inside myself!
[quoted image]

The fact that these work as well as they do is impressive to me at the price point. I know it's for a doll, but damn, it's pretty cool!

Chris

#22914 2 years ago

An interesting High Speed. Backbox was replaced at some point. No beacon. Works and plays though. Trying to figure out what game the head was from.

Does anyone know what machines of this era had the lock on the top of the backbox?

Chris

3B69E0B0-C159-4F9B-BDA4-8AD862CC90C2 (resized).jpeg3B69E0B0-C159-4F9B-BDA4-8AD862CC90C2 (resized).jpegBA907E0A-B024-46C7-82A8-519E9ACE82B4 (resized).jpegBA907E0A-B024-46C7-82A8-519E9ACE82B4 (resized).jpegC5CCC970-ED20-48FD-B7EA-B9B2E23BEE71 (resized).jpegC5CCC970-ED20-48FD-B7EA-B9B2E23BEE71 (resized).jpegED3F2F59-681A-4122-AA7D-C655847B61C1 (resized).jpegED3F2F59-681A-4122-AA7D-C655847B61C1 (resized).jpegF943C7A9-49E9-4837-91C4-C478155C5048 (resized).jpegF943C7A9-49E9-4837-91C4-C478155C5048 (resized).jpegFD94377A-E823-4ABA-9EB6-524F72E615F3 (resized).jpegFD94377A-E823-4ABA-9EB6-524F72E615F3 (resized).jpeg

#22916 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I lick the top of all my back boxes

Oooos! Fixed

#22919 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

CPR hopefully still has repro glasses for you. Love mine.

Yes, already ordered one along with plastics.

Chris

#22930 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I think that was one I owned 10 years ago. I think it was a Pinbot head I painted black. Crazy, I only remember because I put those clear pop caps on the game because it’s all I had at the time.

The previous owner that I got it from stated he put the clear caps on. I believe this was a Space Shuttle head originally. The image under the paint is definitely not PinBot, and the light insert doesn't fit correctly. I could be wrong, but there's no holes in the backbox to run wiring.

Chris

1 week later
#22964 2 years ago

Pac Man !!! Needs board work but was FREE and he delivered it to my house and helped me get it into the basement. Can’t argue with that!

Chris

46563D75-1726-4FC2-AA46-69D8D57482D3 (resized).jpeg46563D75-1726-4FC2-AA46-69D8D57482D3 (resized).jpeg936254E9-0E93-45E4-9F02-DF46370A04A3 (resized).jpeg936254E9-0E93-45E4-9F02-DF46370A04A3 (resized).jpeg
#22983 2 years ago

Turns out the free Pac Man I got works!!! I thought it had a board issue but I plugged the board into my Ms. Pac Man and it worked perfectly! Had to play with the monitor adjustments a lot but it’s getting there!!

CDB3F813-2CF8-41AD-82CC-6B75856DF5A8 (resized).pngCDB3F813-2CF8-41AD-82CC-6B75856DF5A8 (resized).png

A28BA529-6FB4-4DA5-B4C7-38A5F09BAEC8 (resized).jpegA28BA529-6FB4-4DA5-B4C7-38A5F09BAEC8 (resized).jpeg

#22991 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This playfield is pretty nice.
[quoted image]

No, that playfield is REALLY nice! Congrats!

Chris

1 week later
#23114 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I have a Millipede infestation!
Just happy to be able to post here again!

Nice bright monitor on that one! nice pickup! There is a Multipede kit that let you play both millipede and centipede. I'd highly recommend it

Chris

3 weeks later
#23286 2 years ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

1949 Bally Hot Rods: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1246
Backglass has some flaking, but the playfield is nice. Not exactly a pinball, but looks like it’ll be more fun than most woodrails.

Ok so that ball entry shot has to be one of the coolest I've ever seen! That is awesome!

Chris

#23327 2 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

Loving the game play on this one .
[quoted image]

I agree. I call it my “poor mans Addams Family “

Fun game IMO.

Chris

#23344 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

mandatory in the car shot. 8 hour beautiful sunny roundtrip. [quoted image]

WOW! That's a rare one! Congrats!

Chris

#23353 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I love new to me games. First Capcom and second pool themed game in a row.
[quoted image]

Fun machine. Color DMD looks amazing in this game.

Chris

1 week later
#23447 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Wasn’t looking for one but popped up for a good price. My first Capcom.

Nice pickup! Love our Airborne. That and Pinball Magic remind me of more modern System 11 machines in that they are very linear in the objectives, but Airborne is good fun, and really fast if set up correctly.

Enjoy it! I really wish they'd come out with a color DMD for this machine as I think it could be fantastic.

Chris

#23452 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Still waiting on those board pics

Whoops! Sunday I will be where the game is. I'll do my best to get some then.

Chris

1 week later
#23512 1 year ago

Helped a good friend move his $1900 Cirqus Voltaire* to his new place.

(He DID buy it for $1900, but 24 years ago )

052707DB-4A1C-4F5A-ADBF-8277E4333BFA (resized).jpeg052707DB-4A1C-4F5A-ADBF-8277E4333BFA (resized).jpeg7F31CB44-6F58-4D84-9C85-0673AB956E9F (resized).jpeg7F31CB44-6F58-4D84-9C85-0673AB956E9F (resized).jpeg
#23560 1 year ago

Also got an Earthshaker! Excited for this one.

4CD27FDB-D4BA-4089-A6E1-388400BCA0C5 (resized).jpeg4CD27FDB-D4BA-4089-A6E1-388400BCA0C5 (resized).jpeg66D4788E-D0AF-4395-B165-0ADFCB016A0A (resized).jpeg66D4788E-D0AF-4395-B165-0ADFCB016A0A (resized).jpeg9B6240EC-741F-4372-BEEE-3CB543C980EF (resized).jpeg9B6240EC-741F-4372-BEEE-3CB543C980EF (resized).jpegD7E183FD-A7D2-49E0-974C-0732551B8339 (resized).jpegD7E183FD-A7D2-49E0-974C-0732551B8339 (resized).jpeg
#23575 1 year ago

2nd in 2 days. Great weekend! Thanks JodyG !!!

IMG_6207 (resized).jpgIMG_6207 (resized).jpgIMG_6208 (resized).jpgIMG_6208 (resized).jpgIMG_6209 (resized).jpgIMG_6209 (resized).jpgIMG_6210 (resized).jpgIMG_6210 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#23765 1 year ago

A two-fer today! Data East Simpsons and Baby Pac Man.

28612F67-311D-4C96-BF54-40E74D4DB482 (resized).jpeg28612F67-311D-4C96-BF54-40E74D4DB482 (resized).jpeg2FA715AD-4BBC-4440-A39C-1CF797A4535E (resized).jpeg2FA715AD-4BBC-4440-A39C-1CF797A4535E (resized).jpegDB53CB8B-181F-4DAA-B3FD-995E72161927 (resized).jpegDB53CB8B-181F-4DAA-B3FD-995E72161927 (resized).jpegE747C269-D820-4F5F-9C09-DD5F207AC7D1 (resized).jpegE747C269-D820-4F5F-9C09-DD5F207AC7D1 (resized).jpegFEFE2FF2-AAD2-4917-A79C-383E5C369BCD (resized).jpegFEFE2FF2-AAD2-4917-A79C-383E5C369BCD (resized).jpeg
#23795 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Got a p3 weird Al le and brought a baby boy home on the same day
This is the best condition box I have ever had delivered its like perfect [quoted image]

Congrats on both, but it looks like you're being watched! LOL

looking (resized).jpglooking (resized).jpg

1 month later
#24100 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

11.08 @ 121 mph
McCandless heads, 11 to 1 forged 440, .590 mechanical, Weiand tunnel ram with dual Carter 500's
[quoted image]
Blow your mind? I have a FWD 2.5l Reliant that is even faster, though not street driven... any longer.
10.40's at 130+ mph
[quoted image]

Ha! That's freaking amazing. I can just imagine pulling up next to a kid in a Civic who thinks they're all that then leaving them in the dust. With a freaking K Car. Win!

Congrats on the Simpsons pin. I got mine recently and am enjoying it.

Chris

#24145 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I've only played maybe a handful of games on IJ93 and never saw the appeal. Maybe if I played it in a home environment it would connect with it me more

I'd agree with you (and also seem to be in the minority) but everyone likes different stuff. that's what makes this hobby great! I personally have just not ever been a fan of the superpin games (IJ, ST:TNG, DM, etc,).

Chris

#24148 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Everything about the new VPX games is insane - the physics are all-but exact now, and half of the games look better than real life
Love it, and enjoy! I have a CFTBL mini-cab with a 27" screen (my second build) and I love it as well! I still wouldnt sell my real machines... but in terms of playing ALL the games you ever wanted to play - really cant beat VPX ![quoted image][quoted image]

seems that even the TV characters are impressed with it!

whoa (resized).pngwhoa (resized).png
#24180 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

This was definitely the easiest pickup yet. My new neighbors moved in a few months ago. Noticed a High Speed being offloaded into their garage. Struck up a conversation last week about it. $1500 later i wheeled it out of their garage and into mine. Very generous to say the least. Cleaned it up and played the crap out of it last night. Classic Ritchie !!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool! Seems like a great deal. Love the long spinner rips in High Speed. Enjoy!

Chris

#24205 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Not a pinball...but for $100 I think I'll be able to look past that. The wood laminate however...that is not long for this world.
[quoted image]

Ringer! Nice score!

Chris

#24255 1 year ago

I've definitely done a bunch of moving in and out over the 3 years I've been doing this (pretty sure I'm still in the 30s though) but 100 pins...my God
I've got room for 8 in my main row (my Slugfest flies solo in a corner across the room, it looks super goofy next to the pins anyway).
I spent today breaking down BK2K and Bad Cats and bringing them into my garage, ready to deliver 2.5 hours south in a week. Taxi slid back in (from storage) temporarily, but it's eventually going to my friend's. I'm hoping to replace it with a TNA 2.0 and ideally... I'm hoping my row stays configured that way for a good while. Gorgar and Mata Hari, plus a long term Galaxy->Quicksilver conversion are hanging out in my shop, but I only intend on keeping QS, and I'll have to scrape the row again if/when that actually comes together.
I still haven't figured out "what I like", per se. It kind of varies I guess. I like to have variety and with space for only 8 it makes it a bit of a challenge.

I can store Taxi or BK2K if you need me to

2 titles I wish I still had.

Chris

#24261 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I sorta went backwards. I was worried about older pins not being reliable when I first started collecting. My first pin was WOZ, then GB. I think my first older pin was a really nice Dr. Dude, about 2 years into collecting. I paid $1800 for it. Since then I’ve owned a lot of pins and gravitated toward WPC and System 11. Something about the late 80’s to early 90’s pins. I probably play Fish Tales more than any other game. I just added Cyclone and Hurricane. Haven’t decided if keepers, but both fun pins![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I went backwards too. Had some early games, then System 11 stuff, then "newer" stuff (to me anyway). LOTR, TOTAN, T3, etc.

Now I am back to all System 11 stuff. Probably it's what I remember playing in my formative pinball years, or maybe it's the simplicity of the layouts, price, etc. Not knocking the new stuff at all, they are making some amazing games nowadays, but since I can't afford that stuff I get what I can, and that has been System 11 recently. Makes me wish I hadn't sold my others to get the newer stuff when I did. LOL

Chris

#24309 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

I always wonder what the hell happened to all the EM missing doors for the back box ? I mean what else could one use them
for ? Some where there is a giant stockpile of missing doors.

The same place has all the back doors from the arcade games that are missing them.

I'd like to visit one day.

Chris

2 months later
#24729 1 year ago

I love when I can post in this thread! More pics to come once it’s home and set up.

52CF9F79-0431-4B05-942B-64546110B651 (resized).jpeg52CF9F79-0431-4B05-942B-64546110B651 (resized).jpeg
#24730 1 year ago

Probably in very few “grail “ lists but I was SUPER stoked to get this really clean Data East Time Machine today!

As always, thanks to EagleTG for the assist with getting it into the basement.

0DD9B1F5-88DF-430F-BCA5-72709C1CD98A (resized).jpeg0DD9B1F5-88DF-430F-BCA5-72709C1CD98A (resized).jpeg1B8954A2-F12B-4590-959C-E8B6E3418774 (resized).jpeg1B8954A2-F12B-4590-959C-E8B6E3418774 (resized).jpeg729E4024-2B8B-461A-8186-4DBAC9364A43 (resized).jpeg729E4024-2B8B-461A-8186-4DBAC9364A43 (resized).jpeg74F4B9D3-5263-4DAD-99A2-65C82F538653 (resized).jpeg74F4B9D3-5263-4DAD-99A2-65C82F538653 (resized).jpeg76C6F5F0-CAAF-441F-9225-70AC7AE5A3DA (resized).jpeg76C6F5F0-CAAF-441F-9225-70AC7AE5A3DA (resized).jpegA365F434-C977-4D00-B09C-3257D2D5BC49 (resized).jpegA365F434-C977-4D00-B09C-3257D2D5BC49 (resized).jpegB602226F-3AC8-4307-A529-EB53E85D6310 (resized).jpegB602226F-3AC8-4307-A529-EB53E85D6310 (resized).jpegB9BC7BBB-E424-4F18-ADBC-AE1219E544B2 (resized).jpegB9BC7BBB-E424-4F18-ADBC-AE1219E544B2 (resized).jpegBE79FD6C-9654-4977-BEC5-72C837218155 (resized).jpegBE79FD6C-9654-4977-BEC5-72C837218155 (resized).jpegF939EC67-F74F-4C96-AE49-DEBB3903C209 (resized).jpegF939EC67-F74F-4C96-AE49-DEBB3903C209 (resized).jpeg
#24765 1 year ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

[quoted image]
This is the 5th machine I bought since entering the hobby about two years ago, figured it was time to post in this thread. I got this one from fellow pinsider brobra. Very cool guy who I would definitely buy from again!

Looks like the family is enjoying it! Love my Simpsons. Not the deepest game out there but I have fun with it.

Chris

#24805 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Xenon is back in the herd after a 7-1/2 year hiatus. A very good friend picked up from the seller at York last week. This one has a nice cabinet and decent playfield that I may eventually replace or hardtop.
Torn about removing the uber-rare metal vacuum cleaner tube mod... its a tube shot that really sucks your balls. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't hate that "mod". LOL

Chris

3 weeks later
#24997 1 year ago
Quoted from BZarrCaptain:

Brought home a wishlist game today.
Thanks to Bob Butch (Butch 2099) for a great experience![quoted image]

Butch is the best! Congratulations!

#25001 1 year ago

That's probably the nicest Hot Shots I have ever seen!

Love that game actually. Wish I were in a position to buy.

Chris

1 month later
#25340 1 year ago

The pin hauler brought home another Police Force. This one needs a good cleaning and will go to my father-in-law once I get it done.

BA2B9E03-C291-46F3-A648-48CA6D8C80A9 (resized).jpegBA2B9E03-C291-46F3-A648-48CA6D8C80A9 (resized).jpegD438E90D-D649-48C9-AB4E-72F25B257981 (resized).jpegD438E90D-D649-48C9-AB4E-72F25B257981 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#25801 1 year ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Left after work yesterday didn’t get home until a little after midnight so I guess we can call it today. I have been trying for years to buy this title from my wife’s friend and they would never sell. This one popped up yesterday so I grabbed it up. Now I can leave her friend alone on theirs.

In about a day or two you'll get a call from your wife's friend wanting to sell. That's how it usually works with me. LOL

Nice pickup! Xenon is a classic.

Chris

#25806 1 year ago

Will be posting soon! Have to arrange pickup of a game I paid for last night. Not a crowd favorite, but I don't care Stay tuned!

Chris

#25814 1 year ago

I learned from the best!

Chris

#25820 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

TS4, Munsters?

HA! I wish. Nothing near that expensive. I'm a cheap bastard.

Chiris

#25840 1 year ago

Morning road trip completed! 90 minutes highway driving each way. Not bad really.

Got me a nice Firepower II

Will get more pics once set up completely. Not a popular game but any pinball is good pinball

I might have bought it for the cabinet alone. Love the art.

Chris

4C2B2BB3-6F10-4394-8627-A820A781A150 (resized).jpeg4C2B2BB3-6F10-4394-8627-A820A781A150 (resized).jpeg70B2FEA5-9590-45D5-8935-C122FF943C2B (resized).jpeg70B2FEA5-9590-45D5-8935-C122FF943C2B (resized).jpegC62D0427-B1E5-463B-9DAF-E9D82094BDA1 (resized).jpegC62D0427-B1E5-463B-9DAF-E9D82094BDA1 (resized).jpegC4CB8141-7926-4A80-B969-62EF927B0BF3 (resized).jpegC4CB8141-7926-4A80-B969-62EF927B0BF3 (resized).jpeg71BDF166-C09A-41E3-AAC1-3AA8F32EAF19 (resized).jpeg71BDF166-C09A-41E3-AAC1-3AA8F32EAF19 (resized).jpeg902DEFC9-EF27-4071-B31A-878CAB81F347 (resized).jpeg902DEFC9-EF27-4071-B31A-878CAB81F347 (resized).jpegBDB6B449-104A-4EEE-B738-D2128930D119 (resized).jpegBDB6B449-104A-4EEE-B738-D2128930D119 (resized).jpegDECAA967-AA18-4D89-B20A-552A6DD8A4C1 (resized).jpegDECAA967-AA18-4D89-B20A-552A6DD8A4C1 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#25956 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazzy121:

Picked one up this week that I have never played..

Fun, fast game. Enjoy!

Chris

1 week later
#26051 1 year ago

Forgot the in vehicle selfie, but picked up a super nice Space Station for my father in law today.

2C04D080-CC23-4453-942F-0993AFD3FFEC (resized).jpeg2C04D080-CC23-4453-942F-0993AFD3FFEC (resized).jpeg4FDE502D-C607-44F0-BA12-1698CC2CA5DF (resized).jpeg4FDE502D-C607-44F0-BA12-1698CC2CA5DF (resized).jpeg71C4B3B3-7217-4960-9AC8-818492C1A819 (resized).jpeg71C4B3B3-7217-4960-9AC8-818492C1A819 (resized).jpegEC79B7DF-5743-4C07-9AF1-9593D628128E (resized).jpegEC79B7DF-5743-4C07-9AF1-9593D628128E (resized).jpeg
#26078 1 year ago
Quoted from Malibro:

Finally.....he's home.... The Dude.
[quoted image]

OK this game is way cool, and I really enjoyed playing it. The build quality seemed fantastic but the little touches like that speaker or fan cover, whatever it is on the bottom of the cabinet are just next level to me.

I hope you get years of enjoyment from it!

Chris

1 week later
#26132 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, it seems like there’s a few here.
Another long time candidate crossed off the wish list.

Damn. Nice. Those Zaccharia games were gorgeous!

Chris

#26145 1 year ago

Delivered a Police Force to my father in law to keep his Space Station company.

5930C099-1CF7-42D9-8FB9-6254ACD37CBE (resized).jpeg5930C099-1CF7-42D9-8FB9-6254ACD37CBE (resized).jpeg
#26146 1 year ago
Quoted from joeaf:

With the head up, how tall is it? Been wanting to add Big Guns to our collection but not sure we have the ceiling height.

It is about 86 inches.

Chrs

#26150 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It’s fun. Better game than I remember or expected. Great music by Chris Granner. Good callouts and intensity. 3 different ball save devices, good multiball. Cool cannons gimmick. Two drop targets banks, and backbox game. Four flippers. Pretty neat for late 80’s! Great artwork too. Very hard to beat (for me anyway). Enjoy yours!

Yep, about 85-86 inches. I’ve heard some people have drilled holes for the back legs a couple inches higher on the cab, then added new leg mounting brackets inside the cab to lower it slightly. But it’s only a few inches taller. Easily fits under 8 foot ceiling. You notice the backbox right away tho!

If you have other games with toppers it’s not that crazy. The factory topper on my DE Simpsons is higher than Big Guns, but it makes Bad Cats look tiny . It’s 7” taller than Bad Cats for reference.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#26163 1 year ago

Six hour round trip to grab a Hot Wheels.
Been after this one, love it!

Nice! Was this in PA?

Chris

#26206 1 year ago

Not at my place yet but thanks to Pinsider EagleTG it’s on the way! SUPER nice Fish Tales. I’ve wanted this for a long time and finally found one I thought was worth the asking price.

Thank you also to JodyG for his help and some extra goodies. This will live at my friends house for a little while as a thank you for picking it up for me.

5BB4378A-E6DD-451C-AF06-076B89614D87 (resized).jpeg5BB4378A-E6DD-451C-AF06-076B89614D87 (resized).jpegAC5C0A45-F186-4591-83E9-48BCA8635208 (resized).jpegAC5C0A45-F186-4591-83E9-48BCA8635208 (resized).jpeg4AD974BA-1CEE-4C08-9F0B-E86717AEB8CF (resized).jpeg4AD974BA-1CEE-4C08-9F0B-E86717AEB8CF (resized).jpeg2815BDEF-BEC2-4911-A91B-A54567808DF5 (resized).jpeg2815BDEF-BEC2-4911-A91B-A54567808DF5 (resized).jpeg63A9FD20-1023-4230-8B07-C102ECF08C51 (resized).jpeg63A9FD20-1023-4230-8B07-C102ECF08C51 (resized).jpeg961DCBFE-41C3-4A03-9EA3-5253D3C6DB13 (resized).jpeg961DCBFE-41C3-4A03-9EA3-5253D3C6DB13 (resized).jpeg9D90A41E-0616-45A3-93D4-FB090E5AE18D (resized).jpeg9D90A41E-0616-45A3-93D4-FB090E5AE18D (resized).jpegA8B33459-C673-44BB-A5E4-40BB081B9690 (resized).jpegA8B33459-C673-44BB-A5E4-40BB081B9690 (resized).jpegB89D3F5B-26DD-4BA1-ADD9-16441144563B (resized).jpegB89D3F5B-26DD-4BA1-ADD9-16441144563B (resized).jpegBA9FCDB9-F9A7-4F65-8334-9B91C0F2A26F (resized).jpegBA9FCDB9-F9A7-4F65-8334-9B91C0F2A26F (resized).jpegF635A856-D532-4A93-A182-613414D53B56 (resized).jpegF635A856-D532-4A93-A182-613414D53B56 (resized).jpeg
#26212 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It looks brand new !

It is a really nice example. Thanks for the kind words!

Chris

#26221 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

When it's only twenty five miles away you can take the risk that you can't fix everything yourself. Time to clean and troubleshoot as it's been neglected for many many years.

Nice! This a great System 11 game in my opinion. Great shots and cool ball locks. Surprisingly challenging also. Playfield looks nice!

Chris

#26253 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Finally got another STNG....
Turned out to be an excellent example of this game.
Game came with painted ships , the interior of the cabinet looks like it was built yesterday.
Special thanks to:
@toasterman4 for the excellent job in packing and getting the game to depot, never seen a game packed so well.
Teams Transportation for the 6 hour free ride to my house(I'm in logistics)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats man! That looks great! The Klingon ship isn’t my style but it fits the theme!

Enjoy the new toy!
Chris

#26254 1 year ago

I know I already posted this but Fish Tales is finally home at my place. And Mousin Around came back as well. Bad Cats went on loan to a friend. Was a busy Saturday

1439198D-2715-4659-B958-75F20C834245 (resized).jpeg1439198D-2715-4659-B958-75F20C834245 (resized).jpeg1BE63302-7E7D-45F5-A331-E9467F620CBE (resized).jpeg1BE63302-7E7D-45F5-A331-E9467F620CBE (resized).jpeg37EF95E6-58A3-460B-B5D6-EEC1A32BF12D (resized).jpeg37EF95E6-58A3-460B-B5D6-EEC1A32BF12D (resized).jpegA30FF1EE-CFE6-430C-8E12-C0D67FD3C31D (resized).jpegA30FF1EE-CFE6-430C-8E12-C0D67FD3C31D (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#26263 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

lol not sure how I missed that. Yea I sold my paragon that I had playfield swapped, new plastics, so on, and picked up a centaur to take its place.

That Centaur is beautiful!

Chris

#26282 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Finally have this put together and working fantastically well. Very fun novelty game. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that's really clean! Love me some Hyperball! I feel this game is really misunderstood and is a whole pile of fun!

Chris

#26284 1 year ago

For me that was actually part of the appeal. It's loud and fast and has some of the best sound effects of that era. Everything about Hyperball was in your face obnoxious and I freaking love it!

Really wish I hadn't sold mine. Whenever we had people over it ALWAYS got the most plays. people were drawn to the quirkiness of it.

Chris

#26321 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Finished the restoration on our Hyperball. Really fun game! Works 100%, no issues.

Darn you! Now I want a Hyperball again

Great work! Looks like it plays perfectly!

Chris

1 week later
#26362 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

This has got to be one of the nicest Johnny Mnemonics I’ve ever seen. All original. I actually lost out on it the first time around on FB. Owner needed some loot for a VW restore so when it popped up on Pinside I happily took it off his hands. It was meant to be. May be Gomez’s best shooter! According to him it is
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking machine! Love JM, so fast!

Chris

#26385 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

I've never seen or heard of Hyperball till now...WOW. Really cool. Looks like something that breaks often though...and how do you keep the coils from overheating from such constant rapid fire?

There is only 1 coil for the shooter. It has a fan on it to keep it cool. Here's a pic of it from when I had mine.

https://flic.kr/p/8Ym6R5

Chris

#26403 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where at? Link?

He explained it exactly in his post above

Chris

#26449 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I have entered the gamma dimension yet again. Nice to have a classic Bally back in the house.
[quoted image]

Man I love Elektra. Would love to find a nice one some day.congrats!

Chris

1 week later
#26500 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Mike Dymas of Pinball Shenanigans on Youtube is currently working on one. He's fixed a bunch of gremlins on it. You should check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/@pinballshenanigans/videos

I like his channel. His methodical approach to things really resonates with me. His buddy has one heck of a game room too! Mike Dymus is on here as well I believe but I don't remember his user name.

Chris

#26503 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I got hooked on Joes Classic video games. I’ve watched just about every pinball repair video he has by now. I let them play while I’m at my desk at work all the time.

He is great as well. There are many very good channels out there for sure!

Chris

1 week later
#26564 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

It will be home in 2 days after a brief appearance at Allentown. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Played at Allentown. Really enjoyed it. Congrats!

Chris

#26565 11 months ago

Eeek! Sharks!!!

IMG_8602 (resized).jpegIMG_8602 (resized).jpegIMG_8604 (resized).jpegIMG_8604 (resized).jpegIMG_8605 (resized).jpegIMG_8605 (resized).jpeg
#26588 11 months ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

First time I ever played a Baywatch was a few days ago at Allentown; it was a blast! So much fun, I brought it home with me. [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice pickup! That was a really nice example. I was considering that one as well. Love the giant color display.

Enjoy!

Chris

#26604 11 months ago

Looks like they fit nicely! Good titles too!

Chris

1 week later
#26628 11 months ago

Not a machine but does gameroom decor count? Got this from dmacy at the Allentown show and finally got it to the basement. Recycled a glass from an old cocktail table arcade game.
IMG_8675 (resized).jpegIMG_8675 (resized).jpegIMG_8676 (resized).jpegIMG_8676 (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 month later
#26879 9 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Very nice CFTBL. I bet you got it in Hellertown. Enjoy!

oh, I know where that came from if that is the ase Or at least I *think* I know. LOL

Enjoy it! CFTBL is a great machine!

Chris

#26913 9 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Next project. Boards in good shape, no evidence of burnt connectors or coils, plays fine. resto + cabinet decals + new PF likely for this one. First pic as-found in the wild. Decent find at $2k.

That's an AMAZING find at 2K!

Congrats!
Chris

2 weeks later
#27020 9 months ago

Whirlwind has joined the chat….. and lineup!

IMG_8986 (resized).jpegIMG_8986 (resized).jpegIMG_8988 (resized).jpegIMG_8988 (resized).jpegIMG_8991 (resized).jpegIMG_8991 (resized).jpegIMG_8992 (resized).jpegIMG_8992 (resized).jpegIMG_8993 (resized).jpegIMG_8993 (resized).jpegIMG_8994 (resized).jpegIMG_8994 (resized).jpegIMG_8995 (resized).jpegIMG_8995 (resized).jpegIMG_8996 (resized).jpegIMG_8996 (resized).jpeg
#27045 9 months ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

A couple hours drive on a sunny Saturday to pick up my man DR Dude! It was most excellent
Even the Burger King toy and missing mechanism in place of Mr Big Shot cant get me down. Definitely one of the best System 11s!

You're a Super Dude!!!!! I freaking LOVE Dr. Dude. great shots, amazing soundtrack. Although you're missing the original Big Shot figure, I have to say i kinda dig that replacement. LOL!! My Dr Dude isn't going anywhere anytime soon that's for sure!

Enjoy!

Chris

1 month later
#27365 7 months ago

Helped my buddy move some stuff around today. He’s quite the hoarder of stuff.

IMG_9232 (resized).jpegIMG_9232 (resized).jpegIMG_9233 (resized).jpegIMG_9233 (resized).jpegIMG_9234 (resized).jpegIMG_9234 (resized).jpegIMG_9235 (resized).jpegIMG_9235 (resized).jpegIMG_9236 (resized).jpegIMG_9236 (resized).jpegIMG_9237 (resized).jpegIMG_9237 (resized).jpegIMG_9238 (resized).jpegIMG_9238 (resized).jpegIMG_9239 (resized).jpegIMG_9239 (resized).jpegIMG_9240 (resized).jpegIMG_9240 (resized).jpeg
#27370 7 months ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Wow I see only good stuff, commodore Vic20, pinballs and arcades, did you get anything in return?

He has 2 Xenon machines in there and one should come my way eventually. That’s the plan anyway.

Chris

1 month later
#27622 6 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Hated by a lot of people who have never played it but brought home this SW Home Pin this week and the family is having fun. [quoted image][quoted image]

If the family is enjoying it, that is all that matters. Hope it serves you and the family well!

Chris

#27623 6 months ago
Quoted from Hazzy121:

Nothing fancy just a fun game. Out of space in the game room at the moment so the sunporch will do for now.. wife approved. Lol

I put many a quarter in LW3 back in the day! I enjoy it a lot. Hope you do as well.

Chris

1 week later
#27680 5 months ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Friday after work pick up. Major cabinet fade.
[quoted image]

But you don't play the cabinet From what is visible the playfield looks decent. I've always found this to be a fun game.

Chris

#27683 5 months ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

Not sure this counts but my closest pick up ever. Across the street!
I picked this up around ten years ago for a close friend who passed away last January, before he passed we agreed on price to be given to his wife. This one will probably never leave.
[quoted image]

Fantastic. Sorry for the loss of your friend. I have 2 games that belonged to a friend who passed. Not my favorite games, but I'm certain I won't ever sell them! Good on you to get it and remember your friend.

Chris

2 weeks later
#27763 5 months ago

Free Xenon? Don’t mind if I do!

Not perfect but for the price you can’t beat it! Some things to sort out before powering it up but should be a fun project.

Chris

IMG_9558 (resized).jpegIMG_9558 (resized).jpegIMG_9559 (resized).jpegIMG_9559 (resized).jpegIMG_9560 (resized).jpegIMG_9560 (resized).jpegIMG_9561 (resized).jpegIMG_9561 (resized).jpegIMG_9563 (resized).jpegIMG_9563 (resized).jpegIMG_9564 (resized).jpegIMG_9564 (resized).jpeg
#27765 5 months ago

Thanks. She’s got some issues for sure.

2 weeks later
#27858 5 months ago
Quoted from JonW:

Brought home a Doodle Bug. It was free and I had it running in about one hour.
[quoted image]

Nice! Someone sent that to me on Friday and I considered it. Glad a Pinsider got it!

Chris

1 week later
#27902 4 months ago
Quoted from G35R6:

So excited to bring this perfectly working one home.
Still a project though with a playfield swap and a first try with some Radcals.
Thanks to Nikko for the extra muscle - as always.
[quoted image]

Hey, Taxi!

Great game!

Chris

#27910 4 months ago

Didn’t bring it home, but brought it to work. A really nice Getaway to go with the Sopranos machine for people to play. Will take it home eventually but for now giving people some variety at work

IMG_9701 (resized).jpegIMG_9701 (resized).jpegIMG_9702 (resized).jpegIMG_9702 (resized).jpegIMG_9703 (resized).jpegIMG_9703 (resized).jpegIMG_9705 (resized).jpegIMG_9705 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#27927 4 months ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Silver Slugger has arrived! Another rampless game to keep Vegas company. Thanks to Firebird Pinball for the nicely shopped game!
[quoted image]

Looks nice! I like this game. Some great spinner rips in this one. Enjoy!

Chris

3 weeks later
#28030 3 months ago
Quoted from mc300baud:

and since i finally got it set up, here's the Counterforce i dragged back from Portland last month that's been sitting in storage ever since.
it came with a much nicer backglass that lacks trim or a lift channel so for now it's the not-so-nice one. it also needs a some tweaks to dial it in but generally it plays pretty well.
it's now in my back space with the Stern JP i picked up yesterday! sadly only room for two pins back there so i had to move Magic Castle to temporary storage.

I don't generally care for the older Gottlieb machines but I really find Counterforce to be a fun one. Enjoy!

Chris

1 week later
#28102 3 months ago

I have a sudden urge to run red lights

IMG_9861 (resized).jpegIMG_9861 (resized).jpeg
#28105 3 months ago

Yep!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#28108 3 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Cheating in your system 11s with a WPC! This was my first pin.

LOL! High Speed approved the addition.

Colsond3 Great pickup! Pook Sharks is good fun.

Chris

#28122 89 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Picked up a really clean Comet last night to round out the collection for a little while.

Wow, that really is a nice looking Comet! Good get!

1 week later
#28154 82 days ago
Quoted from gac:

Happy to have this one. Six hour round trip to southern NJ and it didn't even rain! Unheard of in this area these days.

How's the playfield on this one? The cabinet and coin door look amazing. Curious as to what the serial # is on that.

Nice pickup!

Chris

#28186 80 days ago
Quoted from natgreystar:

It is that one. I was on it right away, never thought I'd see one come up for sale around here. There was a lot of interest on it. I'm so glad I went for it because this is a really great game. Sad they didn't make more.

Pinball Magic is a fun one. I sometimes miss mine. It’s kind of linear in its gameplay but I think that’s why I like it. Reminds me of system 11 games but enhanced with a DMD. Great pickup!

#28212 74 days ago

Brought home the newest game I have ever owned. Was a great pickup because my wife went with me to get it! She was happy that I was excited. She’ll probably never play it but I appreciate her supporting the hobby

IMG_9934 (resized).jpegIMG_9934 (resized).jpegIMG_9937 (resized).jpegIMG_9937 (resized).jpegIMG_9941 (resized).jpegIMG_9941 (resized).jpegIMG_9943 (resized).jpegIMG_9943 (resized).jpegIMG_9944 (resized).jpegIMG_9944 (resized).jpegIMG_9945 (resized).jpegIMG_9945 (resized).jpeg
#28215 74 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

You guys are adorable and you're punching way out of your weight class there buddy. Congrats on the new game, looks brand new.

Oh, I'm VERY aware of that. LOL. The game is basically new. 265 plays. Build date December 13, 2023

Quoted from poppapin:

Guess I can't get that PA license plate.

Nope. Unless you want to trade a Monster Bash or something for it - For the record, PINBALL is also taken which is why I had to use the 1 instead.

Chris

#28221 73 days ago

All set up and playing great!

IMG_9948 (resized).jpegIMG_9948 (resized).jpegIMG_9950 (resized).jpegIMG_9950 (resized).jpegIMG_9952 (resized).jpegIMG_9952 (resized).jpegIMG_9953 (resized).jpegIMG_9953 (resized).jpeg
#28233 69 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Best $100 I ever spent.
[quoted image]

Holy cow! Nice score!

1 week later
#28295 62 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

This one is the younger cousin of my first pin. It was fast but it didn’t getaway from me. Playfield is really bad but I can get a cpr playfield or hardtop. Not bad for $300.

For $300 that's a no brainer! Nice pickup! Love High Speed, Don't run any red lights on the way home! LOL

Chris

#28301 60 days ago
Quoted from KJS:

A nice System 11 added.[quoted image][quoted image]

LOVE Whirlwind! Enjoy it!

Chris

#28307 59 days ago
Quoted from Cire50:

First Pin in the garage! Pool Sharks
[quoted image]

I find Pool Sharks to be surprisingly fun. Enjoy!

Chris

#28357 53 days ago

Not here for a long time, but here for a good time! Cleaning this up for my father in law.

IMG_0032 (resized).jpegIMG_0032 (resized).jpegIMG_0033 (resized).jpegIMG_0033 (resized).jpegIMG_0034 (resized).jpegIMG_0034 (resized).jpegIMG_0035 (resized).jpegIMG_0035 (resized).jpegIMG_0036 (resized).jpegIMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
#28359 53 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

These girls have lived hard and I need another project like a kick in the head, but how many of us would turn down a free game?
Booted up and played but obviously some repinning, cleaning, and ground mods needed. Cabinet had some moisture damage, backglass is shot, but playfield isn’t too bad. Battery looked ok but… snipped!

That's the best price! Looks like the ladies need a skin treatment. LOL

Fun project!

Chris

#28400 51 days ago

Set up the Elvira I brought home yesterday. Should clean up nicely.

IMG_0040 (resized).jpegIMG_0040 (resized).jpegIMG_0041 (resized).jpegIMG_0041 (resized).jpegIMG_0043 (resized).jpegIMG_0043 (resized).jpegIMG_0046 (resized).jpegIMG_0046 (resized).jpegIMG_0047 (resized).jpegIMG_0047 (resized).jpegIMG_0049 (resized).jpegIMG_0049 (resized).jpegIMG_0050 (resized).jpegIMG_0050 (resized).jpegIMG_0051 (resized).jpegIMG_0051 (resized).jpegIMG_0052 (resized).jpegIMG_0052 (resized).jpegIMG_0053 (resized).jpegIMG_0053 (resized).jpegIMG_0055 (resized).jpegIMG_0055 (resized).jpegIMG_0056 (resized).jpegIMG_0056 (resized).jpegIMG_0061 (resized).jpegIMG_0061 (resized).jpeg
#28428 46 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

So you can truck a game from any side too, without damage, even though it says not to ?

More than likely, yes.

We get stuff (non pinball) in the warehouse I work at and double stack all the time even though the pallets say not to with no issues at all. It’s all about reducing claims in transit really. At least that’s my thought.

Chris

#28438 45 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Oh no… Someone is stepping up their game again.

Dang it! I want a Black Knight 2000 again

Let me know if you decide to part with it please.

Chris

1 week later
#28489 37 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Well it looks like somebody else could take home the Area 51 arcade I gave away yesterday. But now for $400.
So much for the nice gesture.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1369549433699978/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post
[quoted image]

I Promise that when you give me a free pinball machine I will not flip it.

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
$ 11.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
254 posts in this topic match your search for posts by SilverUnicorn. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=SilverUnicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.