(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,934 posts
  • 1,967 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 503 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EEE0BC7C-AE9E-48AC-AEBB-670DBC1F5BF3 (resized).jpeg
0983C527-EA50-4AD3-938D-6FC455C1593F (resized).jpeg
58B59732-B964-433C-8343-2A9F1BB398DB (resized).jpeg
C771A412-5523-48A7-B080-D751BFA66629 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2869 (resized).jpg
IMG_2867 (resized).jpg
20211025_071243 (resized).jpg
20211025_071226 (resized).jpg
20211025_071141 (resized).jpg
20211025_071135 (resized).jpg
20211025_071121 (resized).jpg
20211025_071114 (resized).jpg
20211025_071109 (resized).jpg
received_434320134961430 (resized).jpeg
EF68A1FF-C9AB-4A6B-9411-E0CD6B8EABB0 (resized).jpeg
58E9C0A9-C8EF-4323-9C4F-11F1614D80E9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago

I didn't get anything... But, I helped a friend grab his new Tommy. An easy load, an easy unload, no issues, and then we played the crap out of it. It had been a little while since I played a fully working Tommy. It's a fun game. And I bet anything that he is still playing it right now

1 year later
#1259 5 years ago

I always knew I down this game eventually. It just worked out today. Call it stupid, say it's crap, I don't care. I just laugh when the Multiball starts.

image.jpg

image.jpg

9 months later
#3060 5 years ago

This project came home last night. From what I was told, it broke, and then sat in a basement for many many years. Only 57k games on the play meter, and it really looks like that was all it had on it. Every mech is frozen up and there is some sticky gunk on the playfield, but it is complete. And the best part, the cab is totally solid. I'm very excited to gut this thing and bring it back to its former glory.

image (resized).jpg

2 years later
#10929 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Finally added Aerosmith!

Me too!

AD84669B-8E32-4DEF-A5D5-56FF7A5E78F7 (resized).jpeg

#10993 2 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

After a decade of searching, finally found a very nice Nine Ball. Prices went up from about $600 to $1900 in that time, but hey...
Dream game!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Always great to bag the game you’ve wanted for a long time.

#11018 2 years ago

That game was a blast last year. Very cool.

#11033 2 years ago

I think this is my favorite thread on Pinside. I just love seeing the joy of people get new games.

#11065 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

After 10 months on the hunt, we finally captured one, and a nice one at that!![quoted image]

Oh my! That’s a Grand Lizard, isn’t it! One of the few games I’ve missed after selling it.

1 month later
#11642 2 years ago

I finally own it after a lot of years wanting one.

AFM (resized).jpg

1 week later
#11767 2 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

So stick with the LED style so it looks like a DMD again. Ok will do. Thanks!

Nope, the original one was LCD. It is the screen instead of an actual DMD, and in my opinion looks MUCH better. The LED is individual LEDs and they always look out of focus to me.

#11769 2 years ago

If you're purchasing a color display for the first time and unsure of which route to choose, LCD is probably the safe choice. It is the display we have sold since 2012, is a bit easier on the eyes, and supports options for customization (including large dots and high-resolution upscaling modes).

Compared to LCD, the LED display provide more "pop" as the individual RGB LEDs are brighter and can produce a higher color gamut. They remain bright even when viewed off-angle and have have better black level when viewed in a dark room. On the down-side, the dots are smaller with more black space between them and, due to the spacing of the individual red, green, and blue LEDs, color convergence is not as good as the LCD. Since it uses a fixed array of LEDs, the apperance is similar to a conventional DMD and does not provide high-resolution options for customization.

Source: https://www.colordmd.com/led.html

#11802 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Pick up of the day
Wife has been waiting a long time for it![quoted image]

Oh the annoyance of this thread. Do I thumb up because of your excitement? Or do I thumbs down because I don't like the game... Ok, in this case the joy of a machine you wanted for the win! Thumbs up awarded to you good Sir!

1 year later
#18441 11 months ago

I had thought this swap wouldn’t happen due to.. you know. We had discussed it a while back, but the current situation nixed it. Or so I thought. An open air driveway exchange sent one of my Harlem Globetrotters away for a wonderful Charlie’s Angels. It’s a “winter swap”, and I’ve done quite a few of these over the years. They last anywhere from a few months to a year. I’m pretty excited for this one. This is actually the first Gottlieb System 1 that has spent any time in my house.

73BCBF88-25E3-40B8-92CA-68805AA27C25 (resized).jpeg

#18491 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get that comet outta there and we have very similar tastes. Haha

If you want to remove comet, you’ve proved you have no taste...

1 week later
#18593 10 months ago
Quoted from SKORR_Arcades:

Picked up LOTR today.
I think it fits in nicely next to my TSPP and TZ.

I wish I had never owned an LOTR*

*Because then I could get an LOTR and experience the journey of discovery on that amazing game again for the first time! Congrats on the game.

2 months later
#19251 8 months ago

JJ returns home! It has been out on loan for a while. But the person that had it was getting another game and needed the space. So it was dropped in my garage this morning. It will probably get shoved into a closet until the summer, but it’s nice to have it back.

9BBF69A2-CCBF-44FB-90E3-887EC7609741 (resized).jpeg

#19278 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

I don’t always drive 12 hours round trip but I needed a change of scenery.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ok, I officially hate you, even though I didn't see the ad, and even though I don't even know you. That was my first pinball machine, and I still miss it. I've been building back towards one (I actually have the original playfield out my my actual game that was replaced by the second owner after me. Also have a great looking backglass). Some day I will find another one! Jealous.

#19285 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

We haven’t gotten a justice of the peace yet. So let me know if you’d like to trade me something. You already have a back glass to replace the broken one and would need to repair the acid damage and or buy a new board. The cabinet looks to be in good shape besides the door bell button on the right side of the cabinet. The playfield has one insert that needs adjusting but looks pretty good. If interested drop me a line .

PM sent. I will try to keep my excitement in check

1 week later
#19392 8 months ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Just picked up this old classic rescued from its previous custodian, doing total refresh strip/clean & rebuild [quoted image]

Nice! It’s a wonderful game that finally gets the respect it deserves. I love mine.

#19422 7 months ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Wasn't at all on my list but I couldn't turn it down for the price!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That game takes a lot of shit, but it's actually a fun game to play.

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Oh.. you’re a very rare bird, aren’t you...
My favorite game of all time.
[quoted image]

Well done. Also one of my favorite games of all time. I had one for 7 years, and it was a wonderful game to own.

#19427 7 months ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Tbh I have low expectations on how long it stays, only because I have a metallica premium I've already put down a deposit on and need to come up with another 6 grand so I can go get it. But this was one of those kinds of deals you just don't turn down. They had an acdc pro right next to it that they sold for 3000... this wasn't that level of cheap but still..Couldn't say no. And it's basically new. If i love it I'll have to have a serious conversation on what else leaves..because I'm at max once metallica and my high speed come home. First world problems, truly.

That's the best way to go into a game! I've bought a few great games where I thought they would be here for 6 months and they ended up staying. It doesn't always work like that, but it can. Low expectation followed by fun play, followed by "why would I sell that?". Fun times.

1 week later
#19538 7 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I picked up a Prospector yesterday. She needs some work, but the playfield and backglass are in excellent condition. [quoted image][quoted image]

I've only played Prospector at Pinburgh. I've never seen one at a house or location. But from those few plays there, it stood out to me as a damn fun game. I never quite figured out why I enjoyed playing it so much, but it just had that "one more game" thing going on.

1 month later
#19984 6 months ago

Well isn't this a pleasant surprise. That is a HUO Deadpool in the back of my car!!!!

Deadpool (resized).JPG

1 month later
#20590 4 months ago

Finally!

I've had a thing for this game for quite a few years. It will need a full tear down, but it will be worth it. It's the Pro, which is why it took so long to finally get one. I could have had an LE many times, but I just don't like it. The Pro is the only correct answer for this game.

Transformers (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside