(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,655 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Canuck_pinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21974 2 years ago

Taxi found a new home today

20211102_172917 (resized).jpg20211102_172917 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#22281 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So many great call-outs to choose from for pinball browser-this is going to be fun!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Baby Jesus quote... there's your ball save

#22331 2 years ago
Quoted from AJGross:

[quoted image]

That's a project?!!

3 weeks later
#22558 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I found a great deal on this pin, a title that I haven't played before (Ice Fever). Nice cabinet, wear on the playfield, but a perfect backglass. Game plays, but needs a shop job.
[quoted image]
I forgot to bring my backgklass travel kit, so I drove two miles to the local Lowe's and made one since I was 320 miles from home, and didn't want to transport the glass in the game, or wrapped up on the floor of the backseat wrapped in a moving blanket.
I bought a heavy duty medium sized box, a roll of tape and a large foam picture frame pouch, all in the packaging aisle at Lowe's. I laid down a moving blanket on the ground, opened the picture frame pouch, and inserted the glass, then taped it closed. Taped the bottom of the box shut, and then inserted the pouch (backglass lift channel first) inside the carton. Lay a moving blanket down over the folded down seat to rest on the floor. Stand the backglass box un top of the moving blanket, then fold the blanket over the top of the box for transport.
[quoted image]
You can buy the supplies at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. If you're at home, cut down a cardboard box into a long piece about four inches shorter than the box you'll transport the glass in, and about two inches tall. Score it across the length and fold in half. After taping your box shut at the bottom, insert the "V" shaped piece of cardboard inside to the bottom. That becomes the piece that keeps your glass from breaking through the tape and touching the ground beneath.

Feel like there was a missed opportunity on Ice Fever... the drop targets should obviously be teeth.

1 week later
#22648 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamonsoff:

Finally picked up my first (and second) pins on New Years Day. Loving the theme and relatively simplistic gameplay of AP. A good way for the whole family to enjoy wading into the hobby. The Comet will be a summer resto job, as will cabinet work for AP. [quoted image][quoted image]

Is the AP from Burlington?

#22650 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamonsoff:

Nope, Pickering

Oh. Ok. Was one listed here forever.

1 week later
#22723 2 years ago

RFM ....

Aka the heaviest beast I've hiked up 5 stairs.

Holy crap.

20220120_161134 (resized).jpg20220120_161134 (resized).jpg
#22726 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

That white rubber is burning my eyes !

It's on the list.

Along with some art blades

#22731 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

RFM (and SWE1) are really intended to be transported with the head and body separated... it's very easy to separate those pieces (three cables and a few bolts, I believe), and then each piece isn't too painfully heavy (in pinball terms). Individuals still shouldn't be lifting the head (~150 lbs) solo, but at least it's better than fighting with the 370 lb beast that is the complete game.
And add The Hobbit to your list -- I'm pretty sure that's the heaviest pin I've ever moved.

Used a fridge dolly with RFM.... two guys... yowza... wish I knew your method.

#22736 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Both of those machines feel like moving a coffin full of anvils!

Lmao.... that's a great analogy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#22885 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Check out the art blades available for it... I just got mine. They look sweet.

Also new code available by applejuice that I plan to install soon!

#22911 2 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Santa and Marillyn are in the house. Being a 10,000 lights Christmas decorating guy, been wanting a Taxi since the first time I saw it had Santa on it. And Marilyn was a nice bonus.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. Just traded mine.
The yellow pops with metal mods stickers and yellow rubbers on my old were beautiful.

2 weeks later
#23035 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

You gotta love delivery on a Sunday!!! Shout out to Bill and his Big Ass Van!!
No chance to flip it yet, but my boy is pretty impressed already
[quoted image]

Taxi/quicksilver?... what's the story?

1 week later
#23091 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

MM was never a title I ever wanted because I drilled it into my head that I’d never have the opportunity (cash, availability etc) to own one.
Well a deal popped up that looked to good to be true. A scam for sure. I let it sit for a week, had a couple beer then took the bait.
Absolutely mint MMR with only 100 plays at a price that was more than reasonable.
Never say never!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Even got the nod from the 2yo!

Now I need to know how many Canadian pesos?!

2 weeks later
#23224 2 years ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

Sorry not pinball. Rescued it curbside on bulk garbage day. Plugged it in and it works great!!
[quoted image]

Score.

All I see in my area is old mattresses on bulk garbage day!

1 week later
#23312 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I can’t get her off it!

The machine... or....

1 week later
#23368 2 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Stoked to get to this one someday.......anyone got a spare backglass to replace the homemade plexiglass one?? Except for that its clean as can be inside.....

There was a guy on FB near Georgetown selling one I think

PM'ed you

2 weeks later
#23521 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Soooooo. That’s Collector Quality quality?

Extra quality collectors quality.

#23522 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

[quoted image]

You buying it in installments?

1 week later
#23606 1 year ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

Picked up funhouse tonight.
[quoted image]

Nice.

Will you do the 2.0 kit?

1 month later
#23868 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

Really excited to bring home The Shadow! It's one of my wife's favorite pins and since I've "accidentally" purchased a few of my favorites it was time for things to return to an even keel.
[quoted image]

"For Her"

2 weeks later
#23957 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I really don’t understand why people do that!

It's to hold their drink.

#23964 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

But of courrrrrssse!

Happy to help.
This hobby can be confusing at times.

#23999 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Djblouw did the restoration. It turned out awesome and plays fast and smooth. Definitely worth the wait!

Is that a hardtop? Or a new playfield?

#24003 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It’s a new CPR gold playfield. The prior owner bought the new pf and held onto it for several years, thinking he would restore it. So it came with the game, along with a full set of new ramps and plastics. And it was about an hour away. So I couldn’t pass it up.

Sweet deal for you not having to source it all!

#24004 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Hardtop is not available for Bad Cats, yet.

Weird. I thought it was.
My bad.

2 months later
#24661 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Loaded up and heading home!
Black Hole
Sorcerer
Grand Lizard
No Fear
Roller Coaster
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Kings of Steel
Vector
Haunted House
Cyclone
High Speed
Jurassic Park Lost World
And Wico lift.
[quoted image]

Quite the haul

1 month later
#24962 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I pounced on the deal of the year from the Amazon thread. Thought it was going to be a dusty old closeout at the price I paid. Nope. Perfect condition box with Insider Connected installed with a build date from September 2022.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Amazon thread?
So... you bought this on Amazon?

2 weeks later
#25203 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Felt the call of the wild and picked up an all-in-one Big Buck Hunter Reloaded! Unfortunately it was way too tall, heavy and scary to safely get down the stairs to my basement (very narrow landing at top of stairs), so it now classes up my home office [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

"Hot Snakes"

Ya... spicy food does that to me too at times.

2 weeks later
#25319 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Almost there. Let it be a deal! It’s a modern Stern, any guesses?

GOTG

#25358 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

HUO JP Pro in tonight. Always wanted one.
[quoted image]

Is that the local one that was priced very well?

Nice score. Had my eye on it on FB.

#25360 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Yep - High Park. I couldn't resist LOL.

Great score.
Congrats.

I thought about grabbing it and throwing it on site somewhere to earn something off it

#25362 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Do you route games locally?

Nope... but considered doing a few... not enough in the wild locally.

Also considered opening a small licensed barcade.

#25365 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Very interesting. The Oakville / Burlington area is very underserved. I go to Gametime Social to play their 3 pins but that's about all there is.
I think you almost have to have alcohol sales to make an arcade work now.

My thoughts are partnering with local breweries to get their beer on site... I'm a craft beer guy and think the pin community would look favorably at craft beer.
Problem is the current costs of machines means you're gonna need at minimum $100k cdn just for a 10 pin lineup... plus build out and permits.

Better to just go direct to a few breweries and make inroads for a few of their corners in the brewery.

#25452 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Not a pin, but pretty great trade bye,bye AIQLE, hello shuffleboard! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was that a straight trade??

#25482 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

The things we do for pinball...
-32°C this morning went I left on a 750km journey. -34°C when I showed up at 9:45pm and a half mad wife that I had her helping me dolly it up onto the deck.
1st stop was to my buddy jesperpark who sold me his upgraded to 2022 Golden Tee. I've been wanting one for a while now. Think it will be a great addition to the gameroom. [quoted image]
2nd stop was to pickup a 1 owner, under 1000 play JP pro. Again, I've wanted one since I first played it back in 2019. A pinsider was kind enough to reach out to me when Stern stated taking preorders on JP premiums. I'm so excited! I finally got a Elwin. Not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight in anticipation of getting it setup tomorrow [quoted image]

I'm trying to figure out where I can fit a golden tee.

Dropped many a loonie in them at bars over yhe years.

1 week later
#25542 1 year ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Pinball buddies chipped in on a grail pin for our buddies 50th birthday. Looking forward to surprising him with this pin tomorrow![quoted image]

I need better friends before I hit 50

3 weeks later
#25805 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Out of space for pins in the basement game room. Threw out the X-mas tree and took its' space in the living room for a new toy. But the dog can look down into a pinball machine now. He does NOT like Hulk. Sees him as a threat. Bark city.
[quoted image]

"Hulk smash dog treats"

1 week later
#25918 1 year ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I prefer the og translite. The “sexy” translite’s are cringe, raven isnt as bad as some however. The nude Getaway ones are hideous.

Agree.

99% of the alternate "sexy" ones are a huge downgrade.

#25922 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Most of the time I agree but I do like the NSFW version of Mata Hari by BGRESTO:
http://bgresto.com/?p=1621

Lol

Not seen that

#25927 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

This is the common one of the two
[quoted image]

Little partner swapping happening... lol

#25948 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wouldn't surprise me. It seems reasonable as a great game for even the non-rush pinhead, and if you are a real Rush fan, it transcends that achieving a level of Rush quality ...... Rush fans know what I mean.
How about the rumors(?) it's done and not in production and claims that there aren't any more being made until 2024? True?
I mean if they did stop, would Stern really put this title back on the line next year? How likely is that? Does that ever happen in reality? It's not a blockbuster like gz. If they just stopped making them, maybe due to anemic sales(maybe?) and also negatively affected by the node 10 gaff on pre,/ LE models, and if it's a temporarily kill production to fix the problem, deal with existing customers issues and move on never to be made again seems more likely?
Or was it selling well enough until the node problems to halt and regroup and start again next year? Why not keep making pros in that case? Seems done. Been in production, what, a year now? Is that a normal timeframe for a run? Wish I knew the number made.
What's the real story here..

TLDR

1 month later
#26223 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

That fake walking machine is taking up a pinball slot

New way of playing a tournament. Player waiting has to run at top speed or top incline walking whilst waiting their turn.

1 week later
#26296 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This probably describes what you might also say about the GNR that would go with your Rush and Metallica nicely.

Played GNR and Rush last weekend at a bar, side by side. Rush was waaaay more fun. GNR felt cheap and flimsy imho.

2 weeks later
#26432 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Play pinball !!!

You don't play the cabinet, right?!

3 months later
#26997 9 months ago
Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:Have owned Bobby Orr's Power Play for over 40 years. My favorite game ever! There is so much to the game. First, as you noted, it has both 2" and 3" flippers, which draw on two different sets of flipper skills. Next, the color scheme and the artwork by Dave Christiansen is beautiful and very similar to that of Greg Freres on Harlem Globetrotters On Tour. Both games were designed by Greg Kmiec with similar playing field and cabinet colors.
Finally, we are both Capitals fans. I was at the victory parade when they won the Stanley Cup and on the evening last year when Ovi topped the goal totals of Gordie Howe. Power Play is no threat to the Caps as they began after Orr's career ended.
I hope we see an Ovechkin game produced some day.
The team fans who hate the Bobby Orr game are those from Boston. For the game to show Orr as a Blackhawk is blasphemy in the Boston region where he was the epitome of a Bruin. The pinball game would not last a week in a rowdy bar in Boston.

If you want to see an OVI based table... You may need to start making one!

1 month later
#27397 7 months ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

Nice game, Did you buy it from a department store? Nice cat on the chair.

Think it's his business the furniture store. (I believe I bought Taxi from him)

2 weeks later
#27476 6 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Don't store it in a cold environment.

All good... he's in balmy Edmonton

1 month later
#27722 5 months ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Drove through some heavy fog and freezing rain to pick up this hardbody last night:
[quoted image]

But in Manitoba you could get that in July. jk

2 months later
#28037 3 months ago
Quoted from king-pin:

Just finished setting it up and testing it!
Partner for Star Wars.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mypinballs code is a must

#28071 3 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

on the other end of the spectrum, my uncle in law’s friend gave them this title back in the early 80s, taking it off route in a bar.
sat there unplayed and not working, with discouragement from auntie who didnt like the laid-on-thick misogyny for her young boys.
now with my new found love for pinball, they gave it to me to do as i wish.
the thing was shot. i was hoping for a slightly dusty old game, but the previous owner before uncle rode it hard. went to clean the dust off the playfield and all the paint came with it in a bunch of spots.
but, i love my family so im doing a full, museum quality restore. brand mew everything (boards playfield, coils, etc), metal polishing, etc.
will be lots of work but hoping it’s something remarkable for them.

Are you documenting the refurb? I love following them!

#28075 3 months ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

That WH2O scratch build thread is great.

Off to check it out!

Got a link??

1 month later
#28470 39 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Foo LE 656 joins the herd. What a fantastic pin, this beauty is never leaving! Time to start modding
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The topper looks interesting that they released

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Canuck_pinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=Canuck_pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.