(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,654 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3961 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Congratulations on acquiring a very nice Genco Two Player Basketball. Did that one happen to come from Wisconsin?

There was one in Wisconsin for sale?

3 months later
#4811 7 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Ahhh thanks. And thank you, Mopar! I quite enjoy it. Let's see how much staying power it has. Still curious if the price I paid was ok!

I just looked up the Euro to dollar conversion. That would be a smoking deal in the U.S. Congrats on a great game at a great price.

2 months later
#5482 6 years ago

Dixieland! One of the few Ballys I have owned. Fun game!

1 week later
#5556 6 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Lets see if you know this one...

Far Out?

Edit: Dang it too slow.

4 weeks later
#5959 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Williams 1967 Kick Off is a really good
player. Alex can confirm to that..

Yep, I miss Kickoff. Almost bought another one recently. I would have loved to revisit it, but it had a crappy cab repaint that made me feel stingy. I understand the Heatwave thermometer and Kickoff/Touchdown football unit are essentially the same.

3 months later
#7155 6 years ago

Wow, that is a great deal. Finding a head may be challenging but probably not impossible.

#7162 6 years ago

Well you can use a wedge head. There are two styles I believe with some slight variation internally. The glass you can probably source. It's the internal mechanicals and light board that make it tricky. They are unique to the game. Still I wouldn't give up on finding an orphaned Dimension head. It may take some patience but similar pairings have been done before.

1 week later
#7250 6 years ago

Just got this Flip Flop from a friend yesterday. Pretty fun game.

FlipFlop (resized).jpgFlipFlop (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#7424 6 years ago

Brought this Space Mission home last night. A trip from hell. Cold and slick. So much salt spray on the roads I went through a gallon of windshield wash. Then 5 miles from my destination I discovered my grandson must have the flu. I did my best to clean up most of the barf at a gas station. -5º currently so not sure I can get all the leftover frozen chunks.

Ah well today is a new day and I have a nice game to play.

SpaceMission (resized).jpgSpaceMission (resized).jpg

#7426 6 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Frozen Chunks...nice visual! Hope he’s feeling better.

Yes, much better this morning.

#7459 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Nice Space Mission I'm looking for one of those. I was wondering if the cold and weather would slow the pin gathering of this group.

Thanks! You got to get 'em while you can. If you don't someone else will. Cleaned the barf out of my car and was back on the road Sunday to pick up a second Grand Prix. 6º and sunny didn't feel too bad after some of the weather we've had recently.

I'd post a pic of the Grand Prix but she's no creampuff. Trying to make one decent one out of two.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#7650 6 years ago

Hey, that looks familiar. Nice to meet you Spinout. The leds weren't my idea. It came to me that way. I thought all the young guys like them and the only way I can get rid of them is to leave them in a game when I sell it.

#7655 6 years ago
Quoted from spinout:

Ha! Ha! Hello again. It was a pleasure.. and thank you for getting that beast out of the basement. I used your technique to get her into mine without my wife having to help. You have quite the cool collection going on! #44 and #47 bulbs are cheap as the day is long - amazing how many bulbs there are in that thing. Love the glow of an incandescent bulb. I can't even use LED lighting on anything in my house - the blue light, frequency of light, overly white, something bothers my eyes. Even the ones trying to impersonate an incandescent bulb just look like yellow LEDs to me. I know I am crazy.. hell, I have to order regular lamp incandescent bulbs on the internet now as stores don't carry them anymore. Thank you again!

That's good you got in without summoning the wife. Makes it easier to sneak the next one in. As far as the bulbs go you're preaching to the choir. I am a bonified member of the incandescent fan club. Mostly just a bunch of cranky old timers in there, but they are a good group.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incandescent-bulb-fan-club/page/7#post-2807428

#7657 6 years ago
Quoted from Badamack:

What is this solo moving technique?

With an EM a dolly is what I use. I have some outside stairs and I bring them in by myself all the time. Nothing complicated. I need help with later SS stuff where the head is attached though.

#7669 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You are a young guy so I'm going to swap out all the incandescents for whatever leds I still have laying around on whatever machines I'm going send you, and you're gonna like it!

That's ok. The price is right. I have been too lazy to take them out of the last few games I've gotten.

3 weeks later
#7934 6 years ago

Straight Flush?

2 months later
#8564 5 years ago

Sweet, I'm working on my second Flip Flop now. I had one earlier this year from a fellow pinhead but he wanted it back. It's a quirky fun game. Your playfield looks really nice.

2 months later
#9125 5 years ago

Great game!

2 months later
#9824 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Where is the score displayed ??

The jukebox is the score.

8 months later
#12060 4 years ago

Bank Shot.

1 month later
#12778 4 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Not to compare, but it reminds me that years back I picked one up for $35.00
No longer have that, but still have a couple of Kick Offs (AAB version).
Nice little player!

Love my Kickoff. I'm on my second one.

1 month later
#13340 4 years ago

Brought this old Lucky Ace home last night. It's been sitting uncovered in a building for 30 years. It was free with the promise of first right of refusal on some of my other coin-op stuff if/when I decide to sell. The best part beside the price was the sticker on the coin door. I have never bought a game in my hometown but this one at least was originally routed from there. Really looking forward to cleaning it all up.

LuckyAce (resized).jpgLuckyAce (resized).jpgGardnerSalesDecal (resized).jpgGardnerSalesDecal (resized).jpg
#13343 4 years ago

They are still in business but moved to Janesville Wi many years ago.

#13345 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

How’s the PF?

It's very dirty but I think it's going to clean up nicely. The backglass looks pretty good too upon first inspection. The worst part is that big chunk out of the corner of the front of the cabinet.

#13350 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Alex - you will like Lucky Ace - Again . It's a fun game. I always liked the one I had.

Yeah, I did too. I just wish the cab on this one was as nice as yours.

1 week later
#13449 4 years ago

Spanish Eyes. I bet the paint is preserved under that crazy custom job. It probably could be removed without sanding? A lot of work either way...

2 months later
#14147 4 years ago

Williams Swing Time? I have heard it's a great game. Congratulations.

#14149 4 years ago

Nice! Looks like it will clean up good and Ron Webb has the backglass on sale for $199.

http://pinballglass.homestead.com/

#14187 4 years ago

Picked up this 1975 Bally Hi-Deal yesterday. Was non-working but after a few tweaks it's playing pretty good. I'll probably tune it up after Thankgsiving.

Hi-Deal (resized).JPGHi-Deal (resized).JPG
#14200 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

My favorite of my 3 em's

That is promising. I've had Little Chief and Flip Flop and liked them both.

#14210 4 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Was this the one in the Racine/Kenosha area? I think I saw it on facebook and tried a couple of times to get the guy to respond to me but he never replied to any of my inquiries. If that's the one, I'm glad someone got it.
Dave

Yes sir, that was it. I don't have Facebook though and got it through Craigslist. You've been on a streak lately anyway.

6 months later
#16161 3 years ago

A couple classics arrived yesterday from a friend in California. Frontiersman and Skill Roll.

Frontiersman (resized).jpgFrontiersman (resized).jpgSkillRoll (resized).jpegSkillRoll (resized).jpeg

#16205 3 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

FYI: If you need plastics for the Frontiersman, Pinball Rescue just re-made them. Great game.

This one has repros (from Shay i think). But thank you. I'm having a lot of fun with it already.

1 week later
#16349 3 years ago

Picked up this Ship Ahoy yesterday. Not sure I needed another project but how can you not when you see one at a rummage sale. Needs a bunch of inserts re-glued but should clean up good.

ShipAhoy (resized).jpgShipAhoy (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#16920 3 years ago

Gottlieb Solar City?

1 week later
#17084 3 years ago

With ems you always hear that little tilt ball rolling back and forth. It's a happy sound as it means I'm bringing home a new project.

4 weeks later
#17408 3 years ago

Just picked up this beautiful Dancing Dolls from my buddy PresqueIsle. Also bought a nice Hi-Diver from him. Don't have pics of that one yet. I have to figure out where I'm going to put it.

DancingDollsA (resized).jpgDancingDollsA (resized).jpgDancingDollsB (resized).jpgDancingDollsB (resized).jpg

3 months later
#18388 3 years ago

Bought this Williams 21 off of my buddy presqueisle last night. Thanks Dave! Had one before, sold it and missed it. So it's nice to have it back in the line-up. Really snappy game for an old woodrail.

Williams21 (resized).jpgWilliams21 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#18678 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not as much as I would like. Haha.
I got a call last night that an elderly guy was moving, wanted to sell the game for a decent price, but needed help either way getting it out of his basement up 14 steps. He couldn’t do it, and the game isn’t currently resetting. So I wanted to help out.
Pretty much out of space at this point, so I might just pass it on (and for the same price I picked it up for, because I’m not a flipper)

I had one years ago but never got it up and running. Little did I know what a fun layout it is. Since then I picked up Hi-Deal (essentially the single player version). Normally I play the crap out of them for a year or less, get bored and moved them along. Hi-Deal has earned a permanent spot in my small collection. Hang Glider may even be better with the drop target bank.

#18716 3 years ago

My wife would be dying for that municipal Christmas lantern. We have a couple pieces. She loves that stuff.

3 months later
#19800 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Ben a year since got a new pin but got this nice NR for the truck shop office
[quoted image]

Weird, I just picked up a Night Rider project too.

NightRider (resized).jpgNightRider (resized).jpg
#19814 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Project? That thing looks restored already!

Thanks! It's got pretty nice cosmetics. Perfect glass as all these Ballys seem to. Mostly will need a good going over the mechanics. Everything looks pretty clean inside but the score motor was froze up with old grease. Easy enough to correct.

1 week later
#19869 3 years ago

Return of an old friend last week. Needs a little tweaking but pretty nice.

MidwayShootingGallery (resized).JPGMidwayShootingGallery (resized).JPG
4 months later
#21254 2 years ago

Skyrocket? Congratulations.

#21297 2 years ago

Some of the Gottlieb woodrails had cream color painted doors and legs. Not correct on Happy clown. Looks ok though. Better than rust or pitted.

1 week later
#21362 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

This one's kind of unfair since it's a cabinet repaint. That having been said, I added a shot of the playfield, not a clear or detailed one but someone will figure it out. You folks amaze me. No cheating,BTW.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm guessing Williams Stop-N-Go? Coin plates give it away as 60s Williams. Looks like reverse flips, although I think it would have had red originally.

2 weeks later
#21555 2 years ago

Awesome score. Congratulations Dennis!

2 months later
#22453 2 years ago

Didn't really plan to bring another game home. My tiny gameroom is out of space and I have a wish list game on the way. Anyway, the timing was right, price was good and I had the day off. Not sure if it adds much value but turns out it's a sample game.

TeamOne (resized).jpgTeamOne (resized).jpg
#22455 2 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Nice grab. pinhead52 is going to be jealous. He only has about 8 of them

I like his project but I couldn't convert this one. Hoping he has some spare plastics.

#22484 2 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

We finally added an EM
[quoted image]

Not one you typically see either. Looks cool.

3 weeks later
#22667 2 years ago

Brought this one home yesterday. So happy to scratch it off of my want list.

PleasureIsle (resized).jpgPleasureIsle (resized).jpg
#22669 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

<

Hellava score! A keeper for sure..

Thanks! Never thought I'd own this one. Pretty excited.

#22671 2 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Congrats Alex! Definitely a favorite in my collection. It looks like it is in nice shape, is that an original BG?

Thank you! Yes, it is but the game came with a Shay repro in the box also. I do need the beachball plastic for the head. I'm guessing that might be unlikely. Probably have to make one.

#22691 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

WOW! Congratulations! That's probably number one on many EM collectors' wanted lists. That, and "Majorettes". It looks very nice too. Post more pix when you can.

Thanks! The most I have ever paid for a pinball and it's a project. With that said I think it's interesting with a production run of 235 it was still cheaper than a typical blown out High Speed (17,080 units produced).

6 months later
#24215 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Neglected to post this when I picked it up. Went on a road trip down to Jersey.
Got this Target Pool body for Murphdom and the Mini Pool head for my machine!
This head turns out to be the long-lost mate for the body I have. The husband was getting divorced, the wife took the heads and sold them to a local pinball guy about a half hour away.
He died less than a year later, and some covid-Pinballer with more money than brains bought all of them to “fix”
So he spent several months trying to make a Mini Pool (AAB) head fit onto a Target Pool (Replay) body.
Obviously doesn’t work, but can’t help those types!
I’m very grateful for Murphdom negotiating for this mismatched pair! Love Mini Pool and I’m so thrilled I can play my own.
[quoted image][quoted image]

6 months later
#25882 1 year ago

I don't know a ton about older slots other than I like them. One thing I seem to see regularly in ads though, is if it has it's original lock it seems to be a selling point. So if you can pick it and get it keyed it's probably worthwhile.

1 month later
#26154 1 year ago

Brought this one home yesterday.

Neptune (resized).jpgNeptune (resized).jpg
#26172 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I think it's a little silly actually.
Why does it depict a rainbow trout? It should have a shark or a marlin or some other deep sea fish, not a bleepin' trout!

True enough. On a similar note, one of my favorites for cab art is Gottlieb Just 21. It has absolutely nothing to do with the theme of the game from what I understand, but sure looks cool.

image-11 (resized).jpgimage-11 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=AlexF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.