(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,634 posts
  • 2,294 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by chriscable34
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4118 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0219 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0224 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0218 (resized).jpeg
20240416_122827 (resized).jpg
20240416_122417 (resized).jpg
20240416_123832 (resized).jpg
IMG_1980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1953 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1954 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6054 (resized).jpeg
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240413_174632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10430 5 years ago

Brought home my first pin today. Bought this LOTR Pro from wonderful pinball collector and restorer in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

This machine has a lot of mods installed by the previous owner. From the Craigslist ad:

Pingraffix pinblades, special pinball life flipper coils, ColorDMD, shaker motor installed, shire decal, PDI target decal set, palantir color changing LED, Mind Orbits color changing shooter rod, Path of the Dead figures added, NVram installed, no batteries needed, some LEDs installed. Playfield in good condition, some wear on cabinet. Never been on location, I am the 3rd owner. Has manual and a few extra parts included. Game plays and works great.

While not an LE, it does have a signed card from George Gomez.

So excited!!!!

7651E568-0E07-4FF9-B89D-AEFE89488C25 (resized).jpeg7651E568-0E07-4FF9-B89D-AEFE89488C25 (resized).jpegC5467C9F-6C26-4F0F-9042-A73291B80D2C (resized).jpegC5467C9F-6C26-4F0F-9042-A73291B80D2C (resized).jpeg12CB3EB0-D9CB-446A-8A19-D6E9980C58E6 (resized).jpeg12CB3EB0-D9CB-446A-8A19-D6E9980C58E6 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#11101 5 years ago

Posted this in the Beatles owners club also, but maybe not so much overlap with this thread.

My Beatles Gold arrived today. We love it. For those trying to decipher serial numbers, mine was manufactured 11/29/18.

3 photos:

1) Coming off Nitro van
2) Tommy FlipperFreak installing the Pinball Life shaker.
3) My dog Dobby and the Precious approve.

Highly recommend Nitro Pinball in B.C., Canada if they are in your geographic range. Makes for a nice road trip from Seattle.

1 IMG_2378 (resized).jpg1 IMG_2378 (resized).jpg2 IMG_2382 (resized).jpg2 IMG_2382 (resized).jpg3 IMG_2391 (resized).jpg3 IMG_2391 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11161 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Quoted from JDub03:
All new lighting installed, new rubber and a bunch of other parts. Cleaned up over the last few weeks, but the family loves it so far.
[quoted image]

Was my very very first pin 20 yrs ago. On my wishlist to own one again, fun pin and it brings back old memories ...

I cannot determine what game this is - the image is too small for my aging eyes....

#11218 5 years ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

First pin for our house. Fortunate to find a very low play AS from a very nice local seller. These are a b$&? to move up stairs! Very happy so far...

I like the Galaga in the background! One of the few arcade games that I liked and played. Of course I was 15 when it came out, so I was kind of "old" for many games after that I guess. Other youthful pursuits ensued.

#11265 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

So, I’m heading back from Arizona to Mississippi with Lexy in the back. I gas-up in Albuquerque and continue heading east and have a craving for tacos. I stop at a Taco Bell in the middle of nowhere. The family of five in front of me takes five minutes to place a $105 order. It’s going to take forever to fill this order and I still have almost a thousand miles to travel and don’t have time for this. I’ve got to get on the road and press on towards Mississippi. The next Taco Bell is in Tucumcari about 100 miles down the road.

Some good-natured ribbing, as I also occasionally eat at Taco Bell....

Surely you could have found a better taco option in New Mexico along I40 between Albuquerque and Tucumcari!!

At least it was snow, not rain.

2 weeks later
#11446 5 years ago

Our 3rd pin arrived home last week. Bought it off route from The Ice Box, a local arcade that is all-ages until 9 PM (https://www.facebook.com/615bright/). They were thinning their large inventory, I assume in preparation for newer games down the line. Alex and Hannah were great to deal with.

Needs a little TLC and a coil sleeve replacement, but plays well.

1) My machine at its last route location, Hounds Tooth Public house in the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle (http://www.houndstoothpublic.com/). Don't worry, there are still 16 machines ready for league and tournaments.
2) Set up at home after delivery by The Ice Box folks.
3) My budding arcade.
4) "Travel" posters I got the prior week from Emerald City Comic Con. No, while fun, we do not plan to add Game Of Thrones.

I now have 3 of my "grail" themes after 4 months of collecting. I'm too young to have been aware of the Beatles in the 1960's but they are one of my favorite bands. Star Wars is right in my wheelhouse - I was 11 the summer "A New Hope" came out. I love both the LOTR books and movies.

Our number is 4. Now we wait until one of my wife's "grail" themes is released:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
"The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last."

SW_OnLocation_IMG_2646 (resized).jpgSW_OnLocation_IMG_2646 (resized).jpgSW_Home_IMG_2679 (resized).jpgSW_Home_IMG_2679 (resized).jpgSW_HomeArcade_IMG_2680 (resized).jpgSW_HomeArcade_IMG_2680 (resized).jpgFantasy_Travel_IMG_2657 (resized).jpgFantasy_Travel_IMG_2657 (resized).jpg
#11463 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoCryptoGuyz:

I picked this great looking CYCLONE from ashburton on Tuesday. Drove 970 mile in 1 day (only 1 speeding ticket).
I first played this machine in 1989 at the University of Oklahoma student center, and is the one I’ve always wanted.

That's too funny. I played the heck out of a Cyclone at University of Mississippi student union building during my first 2 years there for graduate school from 1988-1989. I wonder if Williams had some deal with a bunch of universities at that time....

1 week later
#11555 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Got my grail game! Don’t know what I’ll do with myself now, I’ve been looking for ages.

Found this gem buried deep in a Facebook group, head to toe Chestnut brass w/ HSA playfield. I should probably go play it I guess, thanks again bobby !!!

Wow, that's a beautiful specimen!!!

1 month later
#11918 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Started cleaning out the cabinet, found a post it in there. Now all I can think about is what the hell happened on 9/16/2015...and did they commit fully?

Since we're still talking about this..... I think it's pretty neat to find things like this.

I assume you all know about found magazine?

http://foundmagazine.com/

2 months later
#12875 4 years ago

Out with the old, and in with the new.

Bought my Star Wars pro off route, fixed minor problems, cleaned, waxed, added new titan rubbers, shaker, slide brackets, inner blades, and played the heck out of it for 4 months (and volunteered it for a show). I was able to sell it for a fair price, and upgrade to a low play, stock LE + shaker. My LE is 440, which I like because I'm a musician. It's the frequency of concert A, used for tuning orchestras (pianos, etc).

I'm one of those guys that loves this game.
IMG_3646 (resized).JPGIMG_3646 (resized).JPGIMG_3710 (resized).JPGIMG_3710 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#13088 4 years ago

We will have LOTR and Wonka next to each other soon. Except that LOTR will be on the left....

#13099 4 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Brought home Cyclone today to keep Comet happy. Together at last!

Those 2 games look good next to each other. Someday I'd like to own and play a Cyclone for awhile.

#13100 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Brought Spidey home this weekend.

Nice.

My daughters got me to go with them to "Spider Man Far From Home" last month. Pretty good.

I find that every time I play Stern Spider Man pinball in the wild, I enjoy it more than I thought I would. The shots feel good, even on some specimens that are a bit beat up.

#13111 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So.....got abducted during an early a.m. trip this morning. I voluntarily requested additional probing, so the little green guys and gals gave me a nice little parting memento once they were all done...a very nice SI.

Sweet example. Very nice cab, and only very minimal insert wear on the PF, both infrequent to come across on this title.

{sarcasm on}

I think you should be banned from posting for a bit, Colsond3 . You're making some of us feel jealous.

11 months later
#16954 3 years ago

Used to keep up in here pretty well, but it's been ~10 months and 3000+ posts since I visited this thread! My daughter helped me pick up a game 2 days ago, so it was a nice experience to have her along. First pic she snapped in the borrowed van. Second pic is the pin installed at home.

IMG_7762 (resized).JPGIMG_7762 (resized).JPGIMG_7761 (resized).jpgIMG_7761 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 45.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=Adaminski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.