What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

3 years ago

Stats

• 7,024 posts
  • 1046 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 219 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6,393 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171118_180442 (resized).jpg
20171117_145847 (resized).jpg
IMG_1255 (resized).JPG
20171117_111132 (resized).jpg
IMG_1927 (resized).JPG
IMG_1925 (resized).JPG
IMG_1922 (resized).JPG
IMG_1921 (resized).JPG
IMG_1092 (resized).JPG
IMG_1089 (resized).JPG
IMG_1090 (resized).JPG
IMG_1091 (resized).JPG
43641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171115_141558 (resized).jpg
a33d52e250bfca1d13ef3882beeb4c32f492e465.jpg
IMG_4523 (resized).JPG

There are 7024 posts in topic. You are on page 87 of 141.
#4301 9 months ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Holy Macaroni, that's one hell of a find. That's only the second BF backglass I've ever seen.
Did he happen to mention any existence of BF machines?

Nope. He never came across the actual game or playfields. He said this was just hanging out at Bally and was given to him after the game was declined for production.

#4302 9 months ago

Not a pinball and I didn't pick it up today but a few weeks ago. An Alley Cats shuffle alley, intended to sell it but the kids wanted to keep it for a while, it needed some work and while I was at it I brightened it up with new paint and molding. These are fun if you have room.

IMG_9908 (resized).JPG

IMG_9899 (resized).JPG

#4303 9 months ago
Quoted from davej:

Not a pinball and I didn't pick it up today but a few weeks ago. An Alley Cats shuffle alley, intended to sell it but the kids wanted to keep it for a while, it needed some work and while I was at it I brightened it up with new paint and molding. These are fun if you have room.

Nice transformation!

#4304 9 months ago

Picked up this great "Space Station" and It draws a crowd!

IMG_8282.JPG
IMG_8337.JPG

#4305 9 months ago

Space Station is the shiz. music and sound is hypnotizing.

#4306 9 months ago
Quoted from davej:

I would recommend the Sun Glo #1. It is the fastest of all the powder wax and makes a big difference compared to the slower waxes.

amazon.com link »

#4307 9 months ago

Thanks, when I ordered some parts from PBR I bought some was from them, I think it's #5, I'll get a can of #1.

#4308 9 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I bet you'll have TH for 6 weeks tops...
You need a solid system 11 that you can sink your teeth into imo. I don't think deep busy rules are your thing, you seem to push a lot of those types out the door pretty quickly

I don't really have a good technical hand at all on my pins, working on the mechs under the playfield- and that's not going to change unless I take a formal training class. Anytime I try to "figure it out"- I make the technical issue worse till the tech comes.

I know that makes the hobby more expensive for me, but its an expense I can live with or I'll get out altogether.

One knows one's own pin talents- for me, its art/mod layout design/basic shop on the surface.
Under the playfield, my lone joy is performing LED conversions.

I've always been pfft when it comes to the whole cultural "you have to be able to fix your own games" thing on Pinside.

Some of us just dont have the skill/coordination/interest- I'd say all of the above apply in my case.

As for deep busy rules, until GB I've only owned 90s pins- none of which I'd call deep or busy.
Sure, some may call TZ deep or busy- but I honestly crushed that game once I learned its rule set.

Btw, I recently purchased a restored Cyclone, so I definitely appreciate quality Sys11.
They're just so darn hard to find in nice shape and at the right price.

#4309 9 months ago

Snuck this guy home last night just in time for my snow day woohoo!!!

IMG_4485 (resized).JPG

IMG_4488 (resized).JPG

#4310 9 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

just in time for my snow day

heck yeah! Awesome timing.

#4311 9 months ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Space Station is the shiz. music and sound is hypnotizing.

It was a really nice game !!

#4312 9 months ago

Picked this up the other day. Needs some love but the parts are already on their way. I did a preliminary topside tear down and cleaned and waxed the playfield. Came out pretty nice. New boat playfield will be ordered and possibly spring for a new CPR playfield if someone has one at a reasonable price they decided not to install.

IMG_2798 (resized).JPG

IMG_2803 (resized).JPG

#4313 9 months ago

… And when you least expect it, this little prick shows up

IMG_4011 (resized).JPG

#4314 9 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nice one. I'd love a D.E. Simpsons.

#4315 9 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What's up with the whirlwind in the background? Is it up for relocation?

#4316 9 months ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

What's up with the whirlwind in the background? Is it up for relocation?

It's on the to do list

#4317 9 months ago

IMG_1768 (resized).JPG
Second machine. First EM. (1977 Big Deal)

Coming soon - my first "Help me troubleshoot this EM" thread.

#4318 9 months ago

I have been looking and waiting a long time to find this Pin!!

"Torpedo Ally"

Going to be a great weekend!

IMG_8383.JPG

IMG_8390.JPG

IMG_8384.JPG

IMG_8410.JPG

#4319 9 months ago

Husky approved!

IMG_9859 (resized).JPG

#4320 9 months ago

Quoted from Cybergoonie:
Husky approved!

Both gorgeous

#4321 9 months ago

Technically brought this home last night. Looking forward to cleaning it up! Really enjoying it so far!

20170210_210254 (resized).jpg

Resized_20170210_213341 (resized).jpeg

20170211_092527 (resized).jpg

#4322 9 months ago

bet you were looking forward to those stairs!

#4323 9 months ago

I had to bail on playing in WI scs for some family obligations, but managed to pick up some pins so it turned out to be a solid day.

image (resized).jpeg

#4324 9 months ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

bet you were looking forward to those stairs!

Ha we've had to take about 6 or 7 arcade games and a pin down before so it's down to a science at this point. A terrible painful science :).

#4325 9 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

"Torpedo Ally"
Going to be a great weekend!

It's a beauty, my advice is buy the red plunger spring from pinball life, it's got more power to get the ball through that habit trail on the first shot. Best 75 cents you'll spend.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=126

#4326 9 months ago
Quoted from ltd73:

It's a beauty, my advice is buy the red plunger spring from pinball life, it's got more power to get the ball through that habit trail on the first shot. Best 75 cents you'll spend.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=126

Done! Thank you!

#4327 9 months ago

Just unloaded this guy. Now I have to figure out if I can make the shaker a little less violent, it is about to shake my house down

IMG_20170212_173530 (resized).jpg

#4328 9 months ago

Second time around for SM however this is nicer quality than my old one.

Was thinking of a newer pin like AS or GB or GOT but decided to get a tried and true game, most especially because this example is like new.

I'll be adding a color DMD and OCD board IMG_2837 (resized).JPGIMG_2836 (resized).JPG

#4329 9 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

"Torpedo Ally"

TA!!! Great game! I traded mine two years ago, and have regretted it ever since. Bought it from an operator and restored the entire friggin thing. Game was cherry. Even worse, the guy came to do the "trade" while I was away at a conference teaching (to which I should have adamantly declined in the first place). By the time I got home, the two games he brought and traded were grossly misrepresented....missing parts, not working 100%, cabs dinged up. I was beyond irritated. Lesson learned, but a hard one and very disappointing.

#4330 9 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

TA!!! Great game! I traded mine two years ago, and have regretted it ever since. Bought it from an operator and restored the entire friggin thing. Game was cherry. Even worse, the guy came to do the "trade" while I was away at a conference teaching (to which I should have adamantly declined in the first place). By the time I got home, the two games he brought and traded were grossly misrepresented....missing parts, not working 100%, cabs dinged up. I was beyond irritated. Lesson learned, but a hard one and very disappointing.

That's a bummer.. It is a great game. It took a while for me to connect with one. I have some work to do on this but it will be fantastic when done..

#4331 9 months ago

Friday night I had the pleasure of driving up to Colson's house in Levittown, PA to look at and potentially buy a Conquest 200 pinball machine. What an awesome dude! I can't say enough good things about him and his hospitality. I could have purchased this machine sight unseen, because he described it 100% perfectly and even provided a video backing up all of his claims. I wish all Pinside transactions were this simple. Upon arrival he gave me a quick tour of his mancave which has some pretty awesome pins in the lineup. My girlfriend got to play several games she has never played before while me and Colson geeked out over pinball. Since this was my first ever EM purchase, Colson took the time to show me the game inside out and what to look for if the game has any problems (A+++ service). After I paid him for the pinball machine I then went out to grab my tools and he told me not to worry about it. He single handedly took the game apart, loaded it up on the dolly, and loaded it into my mini-van. Throughout the entire transaction he gave me a plethora of pointers on tearing down games, loading/unloading them, and transporting them. Hell I had no idea I should lay cardboard down over the carpet of the mini-van to avoid snags in the carpet from the pinball machine. To top it all off, he even threw in an EM file for the switches and decent bag of LED lights. He is also now a part of Lights of Pinball, so be sure to support Lights Out Pinball and don't ever be afraid to deal with Colson, he is a stand up guy! Thanks Colson!

Game is now unloaded and in the basement. Enjoy the pics!

conquest3 (resized).jpg

conquest1 (resized).jpg

conquest2 (resized).jpg

conquest4 (resized).JPG

conquest5 (resized).JPG

#4332 9 months ago

Picked the Creature up a few days ago and X-men arrived yesterday.

DSC04235 (resized).JPG

DSC04237 (resized).JPG

DSC04238 (resized).JPG

DSC04236 (resized).JPG

#4333 9 months ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Picked the Creature up a few days ago and X-men arrived yesterday.

Nice collection you have there, XM has a ton of modes. Cftbl is very fun, miss mine.

#4334 9 months ago

Big shout out to @Jesperpark for picking up my first Data East pin for me
Now how come when I pick up games they're in basements with skinny stairwells and tight corners?

20170215_103433_resized (resized).jpg

#4335 9 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Now how come when I pick up games they're in basements with skinny stairwells and tight corners?

Because not everybody owns an awesome, ginormous garage.

#4336 9 months ago

"Don't try this method to safely bring your new game home."
(Unless you like Mr. Backglass 'sad face')

This actually was not a joke, the owner thought he could somehow make it work.
Who am I to argue?
(More shaking heads and shrugs on my behalf)

Mystic Loading (resized).jpg

#4337 9 months ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Who am I to argue?

Go home, mystic. You're drunk.

#4338 9 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Big shout out to Jesperpark for picking up my first Data East pin for me

That crane operator looks way too happy about using that thing.

#4339 9 months ago

I didn't get a machine but went to a medical equipment business closeout sale and bought these two boxes packed with standoffs for $30. All the right sizes for pinball.

0215172152[1] (resized).jpg

#4340 9 months ago

Also got a bunch of excelite nut drivers and a weller soldering station for $1!

#4341 9 months ago

SCORE!

#4342 9 months ago

DJscores!

#4343 9 months ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I didn't get a machine but went to a medical equipment business closeout sale and bought these two boxes packed with standoffs for $30. All the right sizes for pinball.

best pickup on this page... well, almost; it's kind of hard to beat a secret service lifted by a crane

thats amazing that those posts are all pinball size! I wander what use for them there is medically?

#4344 9 months ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Who am I to argue?

What in the...

Did he break anything? Did you successfully show him how to put a game in transport position?

#4345 9 months ago

This game has been on my list for a while and I found one-

Spent a bit of time cleaning it up and removing mylar and found a beautiful machine. Plays fast as shiz and the double flippers are far more fun than I had worried.

Welcome pin #6 to the family (i just sold one so its 5 in hand).

IMG_2220 (resized).JPG

IMG_2221 (resized).JPG

#4346 9 months ago

Excuse the grimy rubbers! New Titan order will be placed soon.

#4347 9 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Big shout out to Jesperpark for picking up my first Data East pin for me

I am still in shock of this guys setup, cars, sleds, quads, gas pumps, Coke machines, the works. The overhead crane is for lifting his toys onto the mezzanine, I was talking about taking the back legs off setting it down, and that guy is I will do you one better!! I wish i took more pics of the shop, what you see if about 1/4 of the size of it. Odd thing only 1 pinball machine

Best pinball machine pickup ever

#4348 9 months ago
Quoted from rufessor:

This game has been on my list for a while

Very nice pick up.These are hard to find in good condition.Look after that backglass.

#4349 9 months ago

I didn't technically bring it, a freight truck did, but my Metallica Pro came yesterday! More pics available in the Metallica Owner's Thread. Don't wanna spam but do want to share

Met (resized).jpg

Met1 (resized).jpg

#4350 9 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

best pickup on this page... well, almost; it's kind of hard to beat a secret service lifted by a crane
thats amazing that those posts are all pinball size! I wander what use for them there is medically?

They worked on circuit boards and stuff. They post an add on Clist. I was two days late, although got some good stuff. Punch tools, nut drivers, etc. I saw the cart of the guy that got there first and was coming back to pick up his stuff. Ziplock bags full of hardware (posts, screws, washers, nuts) $1 per bag!!!! T handled allen wrenches, complete soldering stations, tons of stuff dirt fucking cheap. I'm happy with what I got but that guy majorly scored. All medical grade brand name tools, etc. My buddy found one last hardware grab bag for $1, lots of posts, nuts and screws. Handy stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 219.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Displays
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Port Matilda, PA
$ 140.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 380.00
£ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7024 posts in topic. You are on page 87 of 141.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside