(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,652 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by kool1
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0378 (resized).jpeg
There are 28,652 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 574.
#3501 7 years ago

Game was picked up in June this year by a fellow pinhead....but it finally made it home this weekend. Was a long 4 month wait, but well worth it. Game is in pretty good overall shape. "Stop talking and start chalking."
IMG_2029 (resized).JPGIMG_2029 (resized).JPG
IMG_2027 (resized).JPGIMG_2027 (resized).JPG
IMG_2026 (resized).JPGIMG_2026 (resized).JPG

#3502 7 years ago

Went down to take some pictures this morning before breakfast. I moved Super Star over from an old row into this section to start off this new row, and it looked awful all the way on the right for some reason. I have always had it on the left of a row, I guess that's why. So I moved it over and brought Jive Time down, and, perfection...

Super Star's white head rim is incorrect but they did a nice job so I'm going to leave it alone, at least for now. Super Star was at one point reimported from Denmark/Sweden, and now this Jive Time, which started it's life out in Wisconsin and I had it shipped to New Jersey from California. These machines have been places, but sure don't show any wear! I love them.

Up next in my search is either Doodle Bug/Love Bug (I really love the slight art variant enough to consider Love Bug (the AAB), really sweet), Straight Flush, Gulfstream, or Post Time. The Williams single-player "similar look" 1969-1973 collection continues.

I got a lot of games in on my new-old Jive Time. What a fantastic game! I didn't buy this just for the "similar look", I bought it because of the title and the gameplay features rather than at that point just trying to collect the bunch stated above. Really really glad I did, it was so worth it! Playfield is perfect besides the typical Jive Time flipper wear, wasn't expecting that! Blew away my expectations in that department. For once, the pictures didn't lie!

IMG_2352 (resized).JPGIMG_2352 (resized).JPG
IMG_2355 (resized).JPGIMG_2355 (resized).JPG
IMG_2356 (resized).JPGIMG_2356 (resized).JPG

#3503 7 years ago

The other cool thing about this machine is that it is an EM with a skillshot! Special lites at the start of every ball and un-lites when the first point is hit (including that 1,000 point rollover, you definitely have to watch out for it!), meaning you missed the hole. Very very cool feature. This machine is set up for add-a-ball play and I'll probably leave it that way (complete with instruction cards, and even has the operator-covered replay window and state apron sticker, definitely a Wisconsin game!) and sometimes this can create seemingly endless games, so I may have to level the game a little better.

IMG_2132 (resized).JPGIMG_2132 (resized).JPG

#3504 7 years ago

I went to high school from 1969 to 1973 and only remember playing Gottlieb wedgeheads on route during that time period. The only chance i got to play a Williams pin was when i was down the shore at Seaside Hts. NJ boardwalk. I actually played Jive Time or was it the other Williams pin with the spinner wheel unit on the playfield at the Central arcade.

Anyway, I had low played Super Star in my collection about 15 years ago and loved the open playfield design and super fast ball flow which made for a really good player. I can't wait to see your early 1970's as it continues to grow. Post Time is another good player along with Straight Flush and Gulf Stream. You can't go wrong with anyone of those titles. You Rock Steve...glad you love the EM's.

#3505 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Went down to take some pictures this morning before breakfast. I moved Super Star over from an old row into this section to start off this new row, and it looked awful all the way on the right for some reason. I have always had it on the left of a row, I guess that's why. So I moved it over and brought Jive Time down, and, perfection...
Super Star's white head rim is incorrect but they did a nice job so I'm going to leave it alone, at least for now. Super Star was at one point reimported from Denmark/Sweden, and now this Jive Time, which started it's life out in Wisconsin and I had it shipped to New Jersey from California. These machines have been places, but sure don't show any wear! I love them.
Up next in my search is either Doodle Bug/Love Bug (I really love the slight art variant enough to consider Love Bug (the AAB), really sweet), Straight Flush, Gulfstream, or Post Time. The Williams single-player "similar look" 1969-1973 collection continues.
I got a lot of games in on my new-old Jive Time. What a fantastic game! I didn't buy this just for the "similar look", I bought it because of the title and the gameplay features rather than at that point just trying to collect the bunch stated above. Really really glad I did, it was so worth it! Playfield is perfect besides the typical Jive Time flipper wear, wasn't expecting that! Blew away my expectations in that department. For once, the pictures didn't lie!

I would cover that window up so the paint doesn't fade...

#3506 7 years ago

Thanks a lot Vic! They all seem to be really great titles, that play so differently from any other games. A totally different "feel" to them, I love it, and definitely love variety in my collection. Great games indeed.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would cover that window up so the paint doesn't fade...

Will do, however it's a basement window behind a large bush, so there's no "direct" light (it only peeks through the side pointing away from the games, as seen in the picture; the picture made a bit of an illusion there), so it's not a current/large danger. Thanks though! I will figure something out.

#3507 7 years ago

Picked up this Gem on Saturday.. playfield and backglass in near perfect condition. it was well taken care of for the last 30+ years from the last owner..

20161022_150834 (resized).jpg20161022_150834 (resized).jpg

#3508 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Here's one that was for sale at 2005 Allentown show. Could it be the same game? I guess you were about 7 years old when i took this picture.

Allentown Show 2005 059 (resized).jpgAllentown Show 2005 059 (resized).jpg

#3509 7 years ago
Quoted from mystic-:

Picked up this Jem on Saturday.. playfield and backglass in near perfect condition. it was well taken care of for the last 30+ years from the last owner..

Love that back glass! I have never played this game but would really like to someday!

#3510 7 years ago
Quoted from mystic-:

Picked up this Jem on Saturday.. playfield and backglass in near perfect condition. it was well taken care of for the last 30+ years from the last owner..

When you see a game like this you just have to wonder how on earth it took so long to come up with ramps and habitrails.

#3511 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

When you see a game like this you just have to wonder how on earth it took so long to come up with ramps and habitrails.

Do you mean like what was used in the 30s and on Williams games in the 40s and 50s?
image-7 (1) (resized).jpgimage-7 (1) (resized).jpg

image-7 (resized).jpgimage-7 (resized).jpg

#3512 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you mean like what was used in the 30s and on Williams games in the 40s and 50s?

Yes. Stern Freefall looks like a copy of the bottom one.

#3513 7 years ago

That's Williams Skyway from 1954. Check out this deck. No I don't own one. They just don't come up for sale.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2206

#3514 7 years ago

7 games today. And i dont own any of them! Fixing and or restoring 3 kiss and a meteor, and babysitting a paragon, lost world, and a tri zone for a friend. Yay!

20161024_214951 (resized).jpg20161024_214951 (resized).jpg

20161024_214937 (resized).jpg20161024_214937 (resized).jpg

20161024_214925 (resized).jpg20161024_214925 (resized).jpg

#3515 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Could it be the same game?

Mine is from California (that would be a lot of trips in 11 years!), and this one has a few missing unique things like the state tag and the covered credit window, so this one isn't my machine.

#3516 7 years ago

I now have a Williams widebody to add to my Bally Future Spa widebody and my Gottlieb The Amazing Spider-Man widebody. It's not Firepower that I have on my wishlist but it's close enough!! Widebodies are .

This is the most I've paid for a pinball in 25 years but I think it is worth it. I've been looking for some early SS pins and this fits the bill perfectly.

day_1_playfield_rear (resized).jpgday_1_playfield_rear (resized).jpg

day_1_playfield_front (resized).jpgday_1_playfield_front (resized).jpg

day_1_boards (resized).jpgday_1_boards (resized).jpg

day_1_backglass (resized).jpgday_1_backglass (resized).jpg

day_1_cabinet_and_backbox_full_machine (resized).jpgday_1_cabinet_and_backbox_full_machine (resized).jpg

day_1_tucson_phoenix_I-10_rest_stop (resized).jpgday_1_tucson_phoenix_I-10_rest_stop (resized).jpg

Thanks to the awesome seller for this awesome early Williams Solid State pin.

#3517 7 years ago

Just saved this one from someone's garage.
Only the backbox lights up at the moment.
Already stripped the playfield down and getting my parts order ready for PBR.

IMG_3106 (resized).JPGIMG_3106 (resized).JPG

#3518 7 years ago

10.5 hrs drive on a weekday to pick up this little guy. Got home at 1:30am just dumped the thing in the garage and hit the sack.

combo le HUO for less than $3800. I couldn't resist. It does need a touch up in the cab but otherwise really nice.

I had to take the head off which will be fun putting back together tonight.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3519 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

10.5 hrs drive on a weekday to pick up this little guy. Got home at 1:30am just dumped the thing in the garage and hit the sack.
combo le HUO for less than $3800. I couldn't resist. It does need a touch up in the cab but otherwise really nice.

Wow. Great score.

#3520 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow. Great score.

Depends who you talk to. Alot of people hate TF but it's one of my favs

#3521 7 years ago

A lot of people are stupid.

#3522 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

#3523 7 years ago

I think TF is a really fun game, when it works right. The one near me gets stuck and has to ball search for minutes every time you put a ball into the Megatron lock. Feels bad man. Still like the game though.

#3524 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow. THAT was a serious mic drop!

#3525 7 years ago

I played it in a noisy arcade but I wondered if the soundtrack was comparable to Tron. I know it's no Daft Punk but from what I could hear it sounded pretty good.

#3526 7 years ago

yeah, no idea why all the hate, i really like it.

nice pick up

#3527 7 years ago

I got this fantastic DC powered Williams pin from 1972. The seller told me that they were the original owners - nice people! Except for the front of the cabinet it is in really good shape.

I don't like hauling any EM with the backbox attached but the keys for the front and backdoors were missing. The backbox was on solidly and I had no problem getting it home intact. I'm hoping that the keys will show up or that I have a key that will work because I sure don't want to drill out these old, original locks.

day_1_backglass (resized).jpgday_1_backglass (resized).jpg

day_1_backglass_lit (resized).jpgday_1_backglass_lit (resized).jpg

day_1_full_machine_garage (resized).jpgday_1_full_machine_garage (resized).jpg

day_1_full_machine_truck (resized).jpgday_1_full_machine_truck (resized).jpg

#3528 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I got this fantastic DC powered Williams pin from 1972. The seller told me that they were the original owners - nice people! Except for the front of the cabinet it is in really good shape.
I don't like hauling any EM with the backbox attached but the keys for the front and backdoors were missing. The backbox was on solidly and I had no problem getting it home intact. I'm hoping that the keys will show up or that I have a key that will work because I sure don't want to drill out these old, original locks.

Nice score! Cool looking playfield with giant bumper between flippers. I don't think I've seen flippers that far apart on a game

#3529 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I'm hoping that the keys will show up or that I have a key that will work because I sure don't want to drill out these old, original locks.

Watch some youtube videos and see if you can pick the coin door. If so the backbox key might be in there. Once you get them open you can take them to a locksmith and ask for them to be rekeyed. Some they can do and some they cannot. If they can it's usually super easy for them to do.

#3530 7 years ago

Picked this up from my buddy last Saturday:

007 (resized).jpg007 (resized).jpg

Great value machine. Some fun modes, three ramps and the satellite shot is really cool.

#3531 7 years ago

IMG_4628 (resized).JPGIMG_4628 (resized).JPG

#3532 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Nice score! Cool looking playfield with giant bumper between flippers. I don't think I've seen flippers that far apart on a game

Check this out: http://pinballmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2016-06-20-22.47.09.jpg

#3533 7 years ago

Not a pin but a lot of cool pin flyers!

IMG_4547 (resized).JPGIMG_4547 (resized).JPG

IMG_4549 (resized).JPGIMG_4549 (resized).JPG

IMG_4548 (resized).JPGIMG_4548 (resized).JPG

#3534 7 years ago

More Steve, more better.

20161028_180145.jpg20161028_180145.jpg20161028_175744 (resized).jpg20161028_175744 (resized).jpg20161028_180107 (resized).jpg20161028_180107 (resized).jpg 20161027_180839.jpg20161027_180839.jpg

#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

More Steve, more better.

That's probably the nicest Flash cab artwork I've ever seen.

#3536 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Thanks, it's pretty nice all over, even the glass is presentable needs some electronic love but will be up soon.
20161029_144833 (1) (resized).jpg20161029_144833 (1) (resized).jpg

#3537 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's what I was surprised by as well.

#3538 7 years ago

Picked up these two last week. Really excited about the Firepower. The Galaxy Ranger may end up a coffee table. Pretty nice play field but the rest of it not so much.

IMAG0870 (resized).jpgIMAG0870 (resized).jpg

IMAG0860 (resized).jpgIMAG0860 (resized).jpg

#3539 7 years ago

Picked up a 1956 United's Brazil EM today for almost nothing. Its an unusual table in that it has no flippers, I think the table tilts but am not sure. The backglass is a total goner: IMG_1986 (resized).JPGIMG_1986 (resized).JPG

But the insides and table are in almost mint conditionIMG_1985 (resized).JPGIMG_1985 (resized).JPGIMG_1983 (resized).JPGIMG_1983 (resized).JPGIMG_1978 (resized).JPGIMG_1978 (resized).JPGIMG_1980 (resized).JPGIMG_1980 (resized).JPGIMG_1981 (resized).JPGIMG_1981 (resized).JPGIMG_1982 (resized).JPGIMG_1982 (resized).JPG

#3540 7 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Picked up a 1956 United's Brazil EM today for almost nothing. Its an unusual table in that it has no flippers, I think the table tilts but am not sure. The backglass is a total goner:
But the insides and table are in almost mint condition

That is known as a "bingo" pin. Here's a link on just about everything you need to know... https://bingo.cdyn.com/

The repair section is extremely well done.

These were a gambling device found in bars & such.

#3541 7 years ago

#3542 7 years ago

the sound on tx-sector is really cool.

#3543 7 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

Picked up these two last week. Really excited about the Firepower. The Galaxy Ranger may end up a coffee table. Pretty nice play field but the rest of it not so much.

I'm not sure if I've seen Galaxy Ranger. That and Captain Fantastic have pretty good art packages for home pins.

#3544 7 years ago

No pics yet but Rock and Bullwinkle and Gottlieb FunLand.

#3545 7 years ago

Although I've owend HS for nearly 7 years, it was out for a CPR play field swap for nearly 8 months. Practically new everything. Just picked it up this weekend and finally found its place in the lineup!!

HSSwap (resized).jpgHSSwap (resized).jpg

HSSwap2 (resized).jpgHSSwap2 (resized).jpg

#3546 7 years ago

Picked up a Medusa today. Needs work but stoked to have another classic Bally!

#3547 7 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Although I've owend HS for nearly 7 years, it was out for a CPR play field swap for nearly 8 months. Practically new everything. Just picked it up this weekend and finally found its place in the lineup!!

I miss my hs, yours is beautiful now!

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Picked up a Medusa today. Needs work but stoked to have another classic Bally!

Oh boy! That pf is really nice! Cc that thing, it's gotta be pretty rare not having wear on the center area

#3548 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oh boy! That pf is really nice! Cc that thing, it's gotta be pretty rare not having wear on the center area

Its full mylar except the upper pf. I plan on putting a Lexan pf protector on it.

#3549 7 years ago

IMG_1103 (resized).JPGIMG_1103 (resized).JPG

#3550 7 years ago

Nice pick ups Dave!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,652 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 574.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/71?hl=t2play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.