(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,120 posts
  • 1,558 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by Isochronic_Frost
  • Topic is favorited by 376 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,402 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5amigos (resized).JPG
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_27a8 (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_27a3 (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2798 (resized).jpg
65DD7314-5C4F-4F68-8832-FA7B8D57D338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3707 (resized).JPG
IMG_3704 (resized).JPG
IMG_3702 (resized).JPG
IMG_3697 (resized).JPG
jp (resized).jpg
goldeneye (resized).jpg
chimp_throwing_rock_corbis (resized).jpg
ta4 (resized).jpg
ta3 (resized).jpg
ta2 (resized).jpg
ta1 (resized).jpg

There are 14120 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 283.
#3451 3 years ago

I'm in love with my new baby, Jive Time is finally here! Worth the wait saving up for the shipping bill!

What a beautiful machine. I'm diving deeper into my early 70's Williams single player addiction and loving it.

IMG_1894 (resized).JPGIMG_1911 (resized).JPGIMG_2100 (resized).JPGIMG_2101 (resized).JPGIMG_2102 (resized).JPGIMG_2111 (resized).JPGIMG_2110 (resized).JPGIMG_2113 (resized).JPGIMG_2115 (resized).JPGIMG_2119 (resized).JPGIMG_2122 (resized).JPGIMG_2123 (resized).JPG

#3452 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I'm diving deeper into my early 70's Williams single player addiction and loving it.

Are you jiving us?

#3453 3 years ago

Cool machine. By the way, I speak jive.

#3454 3 years ago

Shipping with the legs on? Glad it made it safely. Congrats on the purchase.

#3455 3 years ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

Shipping with the legs on? Glad it made it safely. Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks! Yes, although it may sound surprising, that is actually very common practice around here when shipping with a company rather than your own vehicle, which obviously when that way, taking it apart is preferable. I (like many others) prefer it shipping with the legs and head on when using a company, and STI (and their associates) wrap them up great and hand lift them everywhere usually. They even wear gloves. It's dubbed "white glove service", with people trained to handle things that way. I don't even think STI takes palletted games, this is their speciality per-se.

Forklifts are the issue, a lot of people who used other shipping companies ended up having their palletted games destroyed by forklift operators who either drove forks through/into the side of the machine or tried to stack something else on top of it.

As long as you make sure the seller puts 4 bolts in the head and makes sure everything is TIGHT (especially backglass latches), it's perfectly safe to do, with very little reason to not do it compared to when shipping it yourself in a pickup truck, which has many more reasons to not do it like that of course, as you seem to be aware of already. Sometimes people end up with a bent leg but mine were perfect as expected anyhow. I'm definitely glad I went the route I did. Not as scary as it sounds, and the stereotype for it being awful is based off things like pickup trucks, not professional shipping companies & trucks! I think the lack of wind velocity has a lot to do with it as well.

#3456 3 years ago

Awesome score this morning

DSCF2744 (resized).JPG

DSCF2742 (resized).JPG

#3457 3 years ago

Just picked this one up a few days back, my first machine! Pro football 1973 Gottlieb for only 300 and it works great for the price!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#3458 3 years ago

Had it for about a week now but, cant wait to get it shopped and playing right. Sat in someone's basement for 10+ years.

IMG_1643 (resized).JPG

#3459 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalmanmiles:

Just picked this one up a few days back, my first machine! Pro football 1973 Gottlieb for only 300 and it works great for the price!

Watch out for the flankerback. He's an asshole.

#3460 3 years ago

My first entry in this thread with TWO games...a good day, indeed.

IMG_1602 (resized).JPG

#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

Nice -- two great EM titles!
Ever worked on one before? If not, here's your bible http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#3462 3 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

Color me jealous. Those are both on my wishlist. Congrats

#3463 3 years ago

Scored a allied liesure cocktail table hearts and spades.. 95 percent perfect..
For some reading I can't post a pic ?

#3464 3 years ago

IMG_20161021_204351 (resized).jpg

#3465 3 years ago

The ol 65 van loves hauling machines .. hearts and spades cocktail...

IMG_20161021_172620 (resized).jpg

#3466 3 years ago

Just picked up a "I want to be restored" White Water.

IMG_2559 (resized).JPG

IMG_2560 (resized).JPG

#3467 3 years ago

IMG_2106 (resized).JPG

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

The ol 65 van loves hauling machines .. hearts and spades cocktail...

Show us the outside of your van.

#3469 3 years ago

NICE! TM is my go-to at Morristown Game Vault.

#3470 3 years ago

Too wet to move it into the basement.

20161022_120216 (resized).jpg

#3471 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

unspecified (resized).jpg

#3472 3 years ago

The 65 g10...

unspecified (resized).jpg

#3473 3 years ago

Cool! .....you look different than I pictured

#3474 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Cool! .....you look different than I pictured

Haha.. thats my gal...

#3475 3 years ago

edited_FB_IMG_1461326406371 (resized).jpg

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You need a shot of it parked down by the river.

#3477 3 years ago

New project

image (resized).jpeg

#3478 3 years ago

That tiny window behind the passenger door is really cool.

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

who is looking at the window?

#3480 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Looks like suicide doors!

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Watch out for the flankerback. He's an asshole.

Yeah dude I noticed that!

#3482 3 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Just picked up a "I want to be restored" White Water.

I did not know that Bill and Hillary had their own pin.

#3483 3 years ago

IMG_20161023_023718 (resized).jpg

#3484 3 years ago

Hah, I'm a sucker for cocktail pins. Wish I never sold mine. Looks good!

#3485 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Hah, I'm a sucker for cocktail pins. Wish I never sold mine. Looks good!

I was hesitant but once I get it home.. cleaned and fixed a few issues it's a blast...

#3486 3 years ago

This raced me home.

IMG_2562 (resized).JPG

#3487 3 years ago

On further review, Surf Champ plays like a champ, with a couple of switches that need to be cleaned and gapped. This winter, I'm going to tear it down and touch up the PF. Grand Prix needs a little more work. Something is up with the coin and player units, as it wants to go to a four player game immediately, but then ends after ball 1, player 1. Everything seems to work fine, but it's a little sluggish and the chimes are...well...you know, Wms. I think it will be just fine after a thorough cleaning.

#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

On further review, Surf Champ plays like a champ, with a couple of switches that need to be cleaned and gapped. This winter, I'm going to tear it down and touch up the PF. Grand Prix needs a little more work. Something is up with the coin and player units, as it wants to go to a four player game immediately, but then ends after ball 1, player 1. Everything seems to work fine, but it's a little sluggish and the chimes are...well...you know, Wms. I think it will be just fine after a thorough cleaning.

I recall Williams chimes being substandard even back in the day when they were new
I mean, really, it's just a solenoid hitting an aluminium bar. How hard could it have been to make it sound good?

#3489 3 years ago

I'm so glad my new collecting goal of the early 70's Williams singleplayers still had bells, I didn't even realize. Music to my ears. Speaking of which, once I unload my phone of pictures I'll post some pictures of Jive Time now in the gameroom next to my '72 Williams Super Star. (in a brand new row) No clanky chimes here!

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

This raced me home.

big fan of that game.

#3491 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I'm in love with my new baby, Jive Time is finally here! Worth the wait saving up for the shipping bill!
What a beautiful machine. I'm diving deeper into my early 70's Williams single player addiction and loving it.

Groovy game man....Will it be working for Saturday Night?

#3492 3 years ago

Traded JM for a DM. Man, the PF on this one is S-O nice!!!

Yeah, brought this bad boy down the stairs with that lil' dolly. Beast mode 2.0.

And the help of a neighbor .___.

Called Larry from Flipping Out Pinball. Next Escalera that he gets in stock = mine.

Tired of doing this stairs crap with these pins. DM as a widebody did it for me. I'm ready to take the Escalera plunge.

20161023_211145 (resized).jpg

#3493 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Traded JM for a DM. Man, the PF on this one is S-O nice!!!

Pretty sure I've played that Demoman. Super nice ramps too

#3494 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Pretty sure I've played that Demoman. Super nice ramps too

If you played it in Louisville, you probably have indeed. Rob flame-polished these ramps, and man, they do look super awesome. What a stand up guy; it was nice to meet someone like him, do a straight trade, no cash from either of us, both tell each other EXACTLY what to expect with each game (pros and flaws of each of them), swap them, load them, shake hands, and call it a day. Love fellow pinsiders like that!

Also, want to give a public TY to Weirpinball for making this one possible. He knew I was looking for a DM and was ready to trade JM, and he found this one for me. Super cool move on his part!

#3495 3 years ago

Not sure what unsafe tag is ?

#3496 3 years ago

So, it's been a while since I've bought anything so today was the day...I bought 9 games, 7 working and 2 projects. Working games: Nascar, Who Dunnit, WCS94, LW3, Baby Pacman, SWE1 and Black Knight 2000. Project games, SS Charlie's Angels and an SS Joker Poker. In addition, the guy I bought the games from gave me a crap ton of spare parts, rubber, bulbs, etc, etc, etc. Pretty good day today. Thanks to Tom Lucht for helping me out today - couldn't have done it without him.

Here are a couple of pictures of some of the games loaded in the trailer as well as most everything in my garage (the Baby Pacman hadn't been loaded into the garage yet).

For you eagle eyes, the Chicago Coin game was already in the garage. I recently donated that one to an auction and am just waiting for the winners to contact me so I can deliver it.

Dave

IMG_1519 (resized).JPG

IMG_1520 (resized).JPG

IMG_1518 (resized).JPG

#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Groovy game man....Will it be working for Saturday Night?

Yep! Brought it down tonight. Needs some new rubbers (they aren't awful though) and a good waxing which I'm not going to rush for but it's playable! I love the spinning wheel, even more than I thought I would. Such a cool feature, even if it adds randomness to the game.

With this many games (and projects) it is hard to make everything perfect, but going to try my best to make sure everybody has a good time!

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If you played it in Louisville, you probably have indeed. Rob flame-polished these ramps, and man, they do look super awesome. What a stand up guy; it was nice to meet someone like him, do a straight trade, no cash from either of us, both tell each other EXACTLY what to expect with each game (pros and flaws of each of them), swap them, load them, shake hands, and call it a day. Love fellow pinsiders like that!
Also, want to give a public TY to Weirpinball for making this one possible. He knew I was looking for a DM and was ready to trade JM, and he found this one for me. Super cool move on his part!

That's the one. His pinside name is robert4pinball and he posts in the marketplace all the time. Usually trade only. I've dealt with him numerous times. Congrats on the pickup

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

So, it's been a while since I've bought anything so today was the day...I bought 9 games, 7 working and 2 projects. Working games: Nascar, Who Dunnit, WCS94, LW3, Baby Pacman, SWE1 and Black Knight 2000. Project games, SS Charlie's Angels and an SS Joker Poker. In addition, the guy I bought the games from gave me a crap ton of spare parts, rubber, bulbs, etc, etc, etc. Pretty good day today. Thanks to Tom Lucht for helping me out today - couldn't have done it without him.
Here are a couple of pictures of some of the games loaded in the trailer as well as most everything in my garage (the Baby Pacman hadn't been loaded into the garage yet).
For you eagle eyes, the Chicago Coin game was already in the garage. I recently donated that one to an auction and am just waiting for the winners to contact me so I can deliver it.
Dave

congrats! quite the haul!

#3500 3 years ago

Still in the back of the truck but this make two of them so one will get full restore treatment some year

IMG_4509 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 27.50
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 41.00
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 12.99
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14120 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 283.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside