(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,654 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg
There are 28,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 574.
#3351 7 years ago

Tough to follow that one D, but here's my humble addition

IMG_2452 (resized).JPGIMG_2452 (resized).JPGIMG_2453 (resized).JPGIMG_2453 (resized).JPGIMG_2454 (resized).JPGIMG_2454 (resized).JPGIMG_2456 (resized).JPGIMG_2456 (resized).JPG

#3352 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great pin. You are going to love that pin.
Did you sell Lucy?

Did a trade and cash to me.... its a pretty entertaining pin for sure and much more playability compared to acdc and just fun to play. Its also sweet looking .

#3353 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I believe i know where that came from lol. Nice pickup. I wanted it also but am actually selling/tradeing off my stern pins at the moment.

#3354 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Get some brass on that bad boy!

#3355 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe i know where that came from lol. Nice pickup. I wanted it also but am actually selling/tradeing off my stern pins at the moment.

We must all go thru phases....i am considering trading ss for acdc....a move I NEVER thought I'd make, and I recently sold FH and FT to buy metallica......help!

#3356 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

We must all go thru phases....i am considering trading as for acdc....a move I NEVER thought I'd make, and I recently sold FH and FT to buy metallica......help!

Its definitely a sickness.... i first loved b/w pins then went to sterns and now ive found out what i love most and started getting some grail b/w pins. I will be adding a jjp to the mix also soon

#3357 7 years ago

I'm not sure how I like LotR it's really laid back compared to TWD.

#3358 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not sure how I like LotR it's really laid back compared to TWD.

Lotr, tspp and similar titles are great pins for sure ....just not my cup of tea. Your right lotr is totally opposite of twd

#3359 7 years ago

I'm going to start putting "the stick figure mod" on ALL my games. I shall call him "Eugene"

WP_20161004_001.jpgWP_20161004_001.jpg

#3360 7 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

I'm going to start putting "the stick figure mod" on ALL my games. I shall call him "Eugene"

At least it's on the back! Jack In The Box/Jumping Jack?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3361 7 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

That game looks to be in really nice condition judging from the one picture. Can you send any more pictures?

#3362 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Even your MET?

#3363 7 years ago

Almost not a pinball. It finally stopped raining long enough to unload it.

IMAG0384 (resized).jpgIMAG0384 (resized).jpg

#3364 7 years ago
Quoted from erico201:

I brought this one home on Saturday after it was chilling in a guys basement for 25+ years!! Great score!

Wow awesome score. We don't get finds like that too much here.

#3365 7 years ago

Met and twd are staying for now bc they are sterns 2 best pins ever imo. That and the code on both are almost perfect and i need a few deeper pins

#3366 7 years ago

IMG_3556 (resized).JPGIMG_3556 (resized).JPG

IMG_0890 (resized).JPGIMG_0890 (resized).JPG

#3367 7 years ago

Congrats, hope you love it.

#3368 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Congrats, hope you love it.

Thanks! Have another game coming tomorrow!!

#3369 7 years ago

It's been a crazy week. Documented HUO LOTR just got here

IMG_0903 (resized).JPGIMG_0903 (resized).JPG

#3370 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Mmmmmm.....tasty!

#3371 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Wow GB now this..your in pin heaven! Congratulations.

#3372 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Wow GB now this..your in pin heaven! Congratulations.

Thanks! Played LOTR a lot today. Wanted one for awhile. This one just kind of fell in my lap and I couldn't say no despite the GB just getting here. At some point one or two will have to go but for now I'm enjoying them.

#3373 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Thanks! Played LOTR a lot today. Wanted one for awhile. This one just kind of fell in my lap and I couldn't say no despite the GB just getting here. At some point one or two will have to go but for now I'm enjoying them.

There's always room for just one more

#3374 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

There's always room for just one more

I would rather stack them then sale them.

#3375 7 years ago

Undocumented home use only close encounters

IMG_1256 (resized).PNGIMG_1256 (resized).PNG

#3376 7 years ago

On the way back from CLEVELAND with this beauty. Name the game!

IMG_4871 (resized).JPGIMG_4871 (resized).JPG

#3377 7 years ago

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic but: What does documented home use only really entail? All previous owners sign a sworn statement or something? I suppose when you know and trust the previous owner it's easy but selling across the country or globe I don't see how it's possible to 100% prove HUO.

#3378 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Odds & Evens FTW

#3379 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic but: What does documented home use only really entail? All previous owners sign a sworn statement or something? I suppose when you know and trust the previous owner it's easy but selling across the country or globe I don't see how it's possible to 100% prove HUO.

HUO does not mean anything at all.

Even if someone has a receipt for the game, showing it was delivered to their home, that does not prove that they did not at some point put it in their uncle's bar for a few years.

#3380 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Odds & Evens FTW

Never ceases to amaze me the skills people have around here. Well done!!

#3381 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

First off condition is king. But to say HUO means nothing, well that's just wrong.

Documented means there is a paper trail that who you bought it from purchased it new. That coupled with inspection of the usual wear area, coin mechs, boards etc. give you a fairly good indication if it was indeed HUO. Course you can generally never tell for sure as a buyer.

As far as HUO in top condition, they command top dollar and get it. So to say HUO is meaningless is not accurate IMO.

#3382 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

First off condition is king. But to say HUO means nothing, well that's just wrong.
Documented means there is a paper trail that who you bought it from purchased it new. That coupled with inspection of the usual wear area, coin mechs, boards etc. give you a fairly good indication if it was indeed HUO. Course you can generally never tell for sure as a buyer.
As far as HUO in top condition, they command top dollar and get it. So to say HUO is meaningless is not accurate IMO.

So if I take a good condition game, put NOS coin mechs in the door, install a NOS coinbox, and print up a fake recept showing I bought it from A&S Amusements 30 years ago, you will give me top dollar?

What did PT Barnum say about suckers?

#3383 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So if I take a good condition game, put NOS coin mechs in the door, install a NOS coinbox, and print up a fake recept showing I bought it from A&S Amusements 30 years ago, you will give me top dollar?

No joke. The same things can be said about reimports. It would be incredibly easy to make a reimport game look domestic and no one would ever know the difference. Some say the worth less than domestic. They can keep saying that and I will buy them instead lol. Condition is always King. Huo or not

#3384 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

IMG_4873 (resized).JPGIMG_4873 (resized).JPGIMG_4875 (resized).JPGIMG_4875 (resized).JPGIMG_4874 (resized).JPGIMG_4874 (resized).JPGIMG_4876 (resized).JPGIMG_4876 (resized).JPGIMG_4877 (resized).JPGIMG_4877 (resized).JPGIMG_4878 (resized).JPGIMG_4878 (resized).JPGIMG_4880 (resized).JPGIMG_4880 (resized).JPGIMG_4881 (resized).JPGIMG_4881 (resized).JPGIMG_4882 (resized).JPGIMG_4882 (resized).JPGIMG_4883 (resized).JPGIMG_4883 (resized).JPG

#3385 7 years ago

Wow congrats she looks great for her age!

#3386 7 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Wow congrats she looks great for her age!

Thanks! My uncle has taken very good care of this for the past 20-25 years. Time for me to do the same!

#3387 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

First off there's no proof PT actually ever said that but I digress...

I didn't say I would pay top dollar. I said people pay top dollar, and they do. But go ahead and argue that point. I'm not going to since I already know the answer. And I already said condition is king but go ahead and ignore that point too.

#3388 7 years ago

I'll take the fact that the original connectors and boards are still white with no solder traces as a good idea that it hasn't been on location for someone to kill with a soldering gun to keep the cash flowing. Mind you it's close encounters and not a popular pin by any means so even if it was on location it probably just collected dust.

#3389 7 years ago

16 hours of driving is slightly exhausting IMG_20161008_232642.jpgIMG_20161008_232642.jpg

IMG_20161009_100645.jpgIMG_20161009_100645.jpg

#3390 7 years ago

I have been slacking on my pinside activity as of late. I've been incredibly busy since school started back. I had to sell of a large portion of my collection to pay some bills and have been blessed to find a large number of project games to refill it. I picked up an Earthshaker, Space Shuttle, Trident, Galaxy, Doctor Who, Flash (which I traded as is to a friend for new rottendog boards and the parts I needed to fix doctor who), and a Revolution X video game. All of these were basically nonworking or semi working when I got them so at least I've had something to do. Earthshaker, Trident, and Galaxy are basically finished. The others are in line.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3391 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

First off there's no proof PT actually ever said that but I digress...
I didn't say I would pay top dollar. I said people pay top dollar, and they do. But go ahead and argue that point. I'm not going to since I already know the answer. And I already said condition is king but go ahead and ignore that point too.

You can argue all you want, but if you are paying top dollar for any game because someone is telling you it's HUO, you are a fool.

Especially if it's a 90s or earlier game.

Back in the day, NO OPERATOR would ever sell a used game to the public, let alone a NIB one. Used games that could not be auctioned off to another op were simply taken to the dump. The thinking was "Hey, if people can play pinball at home, they will stop putting money in my games!".

Other than a few wealthy clients, the only people who I ever delivered NIB games to were pro athletes and pro musicians.

#3392 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can argue all you want, but if you are paying top dollar for any game because someone is telling you it's HUO, you are a fool.
Especially if it's a 90s or earlier game.
Back in the day, NO OPERATOR would ever sell a used game to the public, let alone a NIB one. Used games that could not be auctioned off to another op were simply taken to the dump. The thinking was "Hey, if people can play pinball at home, they will stop putting money in my games!".
Other than a few wealthy clients, the only people who I ever delivered NIB games to were pro athletes and pro musicians.

For the third time, I buy games based solely on condition. It just so happens that out of my current 4 games, 1 was NIB, 2 were HUO and the other routed AF. The two HUO only ones were also the best deals I got out of all the pins I've ever owned. My point was/is that HUO means something to people. I didn't say it was me.

#3393 7 years ago

Now my car drives "Lighting" fast!!!

IMG_7522 (resized).JPGIMG_7522 (resized).JPG

IMG_7523 (resized).JPGIMG_7523 (resized).JPG

2016-10-09 14.41.20 (resized).jpg2016-10-09 14.41.20 (resized).jpg

#3394 7 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Now my car drives "Lighting" fast!!!

What kind of vehicle you got that squished into?

#3395 7 years ago

Sold my shaq for 800 plus a dirty ass pool sharks, i think i made out

20161009_162545 (resized).jpg20161009_162545 (resized).jpg

#3396 7 years ago

Nice pick up, Pool Sharks is a fun game.

#3397 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

What kind of vehicle you got that squished into?

chevrolet kalos, just big enough for one pin without a head..

chevrolet kalos (resized).jpgchevrolet kalos (resized).jpg

#3398 7 years ago

YESSSSSSS. Brought home one of my grail pins this weekend! Haven't had a chance to start cleaning her yet, and there are a few issues with the trough optos, but she'll clean up really nicely. This one definitely fell right into my lap and it's in great shape. She'll never leave - that's for sure.20161007_165616_resized (resized).jpg20161007_165616_resized (resized).jpg20161007_165551_resized (resized).jpg20161007_165551_resized (resized).jpg

#3399 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Finally grabbed that from your Uncle. Too bad you didn't have time to stop by.

#3400 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Finally grabbed that from your Uncle. Too bad you didn't have time to stop by.

Sorry buddy. Thought of you and violin Steve on my way back but had to get home for a block party in the neighborhood we're moving to in a couple weeks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 28,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 574.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/68?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.