(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,655 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg
There are 28,655 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 574.
#3201 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Yeah, I hate oldpinguy for making me play his... Now I want one too...

Yeah, blame me!

How is CV?

#3202 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Love that 4 pin lineup, arcade. Diner, TZ, and WH20 have a lot of nostalgia for me. Spiderman is growing on me the more I get to play it.

you beat me to it. very nice.

#3203 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yeah, blame me!
How is CV?

Loving it!!

#3204 7 years ago

That pesky Pinbot followed me home and ended up in my basement....

IMG_3195 (resized).JPGIMG_3195 (resized).JPG

#3205 7 years ago

congrats.

#3206 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

That pesky Pinbot followed me home and ended up in my basement....

Nice...game looks clean, and PF looks like it's pretty nice too. Awesome art on that game.

#3207 7 years ago

My second grail followed me home tonight.

Needs a few minor things to spruce it up, but a nice solid example of this gem. Slingshot plastics, laser cannons, Colordmd...

Special thanks to pinballmaniac40 for sending me the CL link last night!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3208 7 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Needs a few minor things to spruce it up, but a nice solid example of this gem. Slingshot plastics, laser cannons, Colordmd...

I'm glad you were able to grab it. I have no plans to give up mine!

#3209 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'm glad you were able to grab it. I have no plans to give up mine!

Cool thing to do to alert someone on here that is interested in a game.

#3210 7 years ago

Picked this up today,replaced some board edge connectors and a few other minor things and a couple hours later,it came back to life after sitting 12 years.

IMG_2471 (resized).JPGIMG_2471 (resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3211 7 years ago

Ouch

Quoted from desertT1:Almost finished with my Bally Joust project, so what do I need? Another project!

#3212 7 years ago
Quoted from pdxpinball:

Picked this up today,replaced some board edge connectors and a few other minor things and a couple hours later,it came back to life after sitting 12 years.

What a looker! Congrats

#3213 7 years ago
Quoted from pdxpinball:

man, backbox art was so much better back then (mike jones!). gorgeous.

#3214 7 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

I saw that on CL and looked like a decent deal. Great game. Glad it went to a good home.

#3215 7 years ago

Picked up a nice undocumented HUO Cue Ball Wizard. First time trying to fit a pin in something that wasn't my 15 passenger bus.

IMG_20160915_183656241_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20160915_183656241_HDR (resized).jpg

IMG_0786 (resized).JPGIMG_0786 (resized).JPG

IMG_0784 (resized).JPGIMG_0784 (resized).JPG

IMG_0787 (resized).JPGIMG_0787 (resized).JPG

#3216 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Picked up a nice undocumented HUO Cue Ball Wizard. First time trying to fit a pin in something that wasn't my 15 passenger bus.

Nice! I've always wondered how much staying power that game would have in a collection. What kind of vehicle did you use? Looks like a small suv.

#3217 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

My parents really liked that game when they went with me to LAX. I kinda would like to find them one someday.

#3218 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisRAD:

Nice! I've always wondered how much staying power that game would have in a collection. What kind of vehicle did you use? Looks like a small suv.

I think it will appeal to novices and the experienced. It's basically a points shooter that tells you what to hit...sort of like Taxi on steroids. This will make a good "party game".

I used my Chevy Equinox. I did not find game dimensions in the manual, and was just hopeful that it would fit folded. The problem was it would fit partway but could not raise it up another two inches to get over the seat hinge and slide on to the folded seats. Had to back it out and disconnect the cables, something I was trying to avoid until thoroughly labeled. I took some snaps before, and there is a nice guide on identifying the cables so they don't get plugged back in incorrectly in the Gottlieb Repair pages.

#3219 7 years ago

Had this delivered to me yesterday.

Fun game, lots of drop targets, cool spinner and lots of great sounds. If you like pirates, pretty cool art as well.

#3220 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisRAD:

it is a super solid game! Like most premier era games it uses the pf very well, requires skill to play well, and is just simple fun pinball. It does not take a bunch of brain power to play but most people are unlikely to ever hit the 1billion point shot (the real challenge in the game is to not only make it to the super wizard mode but to hit the 1/2 bil shot only when you have the doubler on)

#3221 7 years ago

That Captain Hook just begs to have a real chest for the cabinet, with real padlocks hanging off the side.

#3222 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

That Captain Hook just begs to have a real chest for the cabinet, with real padlocks hanging off the side.

That would be pretty darn cool! Arghhh

#3223 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Fun game, lots of drop targets, cool spinner and lots of great sounds. If you like pirates, pretty cool art as well.

Definitely. I almost bought a minty Captain Hook last year, but it was a little far away. Great artwork on that game, and just clean looking. I'll certainly take it off your hands when you're done with it.

#3224 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

And I would replace whatever bulbs they have behind the backglass with 4 SMD flat / no dome LED's. It will distribute the light way better through way more of the BG, and will get rid of the pointed rings of light you see (most likely 1/2 LED or 1/2 SMD domed bulbs in there now).

And when you're done with it, let me know. Seriously....

#3225 7 years ago

Probably just needs a fuse.

DSCN4960 (resized).JPGDSCN4960 (resized).JPG

#3226 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Backglass looks pretty good for its age though, it would pay for the fuse.

#3227 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Backglass looks pretty good for its age though, it would pay for the fuse.

Glass is in good shape, but there are some scratches. It did indeed need a fuse, but that wasn't all. After a few hours of work, I got it functioning pretty well and at least all the boards seem to be OK and I installed a remote battery holder. There are some hacks under the playfield that need attention.

The guy had it for over 30 years and it looks like what's left of the playfield rubbers might be the originals. It was a fair price and I'll make a decent player out of it.

#3228 7 years ago

Picked up X-Men LE Wolverine. Upgraded from my Austin Powers.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3229 7 years ago

Been so busy I haven't Posted my wishlist week score. Last Wed I received this beauty from Kurt in Kentucky.
20160917_082634 (resized).jpg20160917_082634 (resized).jpg
Just a mere 2 days later I was in the car leaving Long Island at 8pm on a Friday night to drive all the way to Lake Erie to save Miss Fathom from the depths of Lake Erie. Drove till almost 2 am then slept for 5 hours. Made the trip in under 24 hrs. When I left my odometer read 62323, when I returned it read 63299.
20160910_111342 (resized).jpg20160910_111342 (resized).jpg

#3230 7 years ago

Chris great to see you landed a fathom!

#3231 7 years ago

Thanks Pete, once the shuffling is done I'll shoot you an invite over.

#3232 7 years ago

Looking forward to it.

#3233 7 years ago

Traded my rfm for this badboy. Ive wanted one of these for soooo long. And damn is it in excellent condition. Nicest one ive ever seen.

20160918_104708 (resized).jpg20160918_104708 (resized).jpg

#3234 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice find. I played a Flash for the first time in league last night. Fun game!

#3235 7 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Been so busy I haven't Posted my wishlist week score. Last Wed I received this beauty from Kurt in Kentucky.

Just a mere 2 days later I was in the car leaving Long Island at 8pm on a Friday night to drive all the way to Lake Erie to save Miss Fathom from the depths of Lake Erie. Drove till almost 2 am then slept for 5 hours. Made the trip in under 24 hrs. When I left my odometer read 62323, when I returned it read 63299.

Wow - that quicksilver is beautiful! How does it play?

#3236 7 years ago
Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Traded my rfm for this badboy. Ive wanted one of these for soooo long. And damn is it in excellent condition. Nicest one ive ever seen.

He is "The Law"...

#3237 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And I would replace whatever bulbs they have behind the backglass with 4 SMD flat / no dome LED's. It will distribute the light way better through way more of the BG, and will get rid of the pointed rings of light you see (most likely 1/2 LED or 1/2 SMD domed bulbs in there now).
And when you're done with it, let me know. Seriously....

I'll look into the lights and will definitely keep,you in mind if I ever get rid of it. It is a nice one!

#3238 7 years ago

I'm not usually one to post pickups, but this one has me hearing bells...

IMG_20160918_134134_703 (resized).jpgIMG_20160918_134134_703 (resized).jpg

#3239 7 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

#3240 7 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I'm not usually one to post pickups, but this one has me hearing bells...

Awesome!! Would love to find one of those

#3241 7 years ago

After two months, my wishlist grail game arrived from Kentucky!!

Friend made the round trip for me 12 hours each way for a great price. Needs some work and the front of the cab is a little rough, but I could care less. Game will get restored either way. The true vampire trifecta is complete (at least for U.S. manufactured games)!!!! So psyched. This was only the third one I've come across since getting into the hobby, not an easy game to find with only 799 made.

#3242 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gamatron-scratch-build

My project finally came home, it still needs a few things adjusted and a few parts

#3243 7 years ago

2nd machine in 2 month. The little one is getting to be a pro at these all day drives for dads magic blinking light boxes. Thanks to pdxpinball for the new addition!

#3244 7 years ago

Picked up this machine on Saturday...which is partially working.

IMG_1812 (resized).JPGIMG_1812 (resized).JPG

#3245 7 years ago

Picked this up today

#3246 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Wow - that quicksilver is beautiful! How does it play?

Thanks pinterest I don't know quite yet. I'm in need of a bridge rectifier.

Thanks Gnatty!

#3247 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Picked up this machine on Saturday...which is partially working.

Congrats!

I remember playing that in high school... We had a Grand Prix Racing/Arcade in town and I put many games on that machine!

#3248 7 years ago

LUCI got a new roommate ... TWD!

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#3249 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisRAD:

2nd machine in 2 month. The little one is getting to be a pro at these all day drives for dads magic blinking light boxes. Thanks to pdxpinball for the new addition!

Looks great in your game room,thanks again!

#3250 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

LUCI got a new roommate ... TWD!

Your window looks great as well!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 28,655 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 574.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/65?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.