(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,069 posts
  • 1,555 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Y3AG3R
  • Topic is favorited by 375 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,354 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EEB18F85-22C1-4D5F-A5A7-8D0013DA958E (resized).jpeg
F6F67B98-22F0-4208-B46B-D5318A736F8A (resized).jpeg
2FABE414-2918-41DD-A126-F0757B38F848 (resized).jpeg
E07FD6F6-BD4D-4272-A89F-169EEEF1E6DC (resized).jpeg
5J5A2517 (resized).JPG
5J5A2516 (resized).JPG
IMG_4749 (resized).jpg
IMG_4767 (resized).jpg
IMG_3255.HEIC (resized).jpeg
20191112_123129 (resized).jpg
1A625173-6FF2-456F-B34A-05E20A74712E (resized).jpeg
BF92A5F8-8AD1-46E7-BBB3-A45B16F75702 (resized).jpeg
FD3B958A-9846-433A-A1D3-4491B5E245E7 (resized).jpeg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
CE3 (resized).jpg

There are 14069 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 282.
#2551 3 years ago

Brought home my first pin today, I have a Roadshow being delivered to my home next week!!!

image_(resized).jpeg

#2552 3 years ago

Well, I picked it up on Saturday. I guess I am a sucker for Baldwin's ugly mug...

shadow_1_(resized).jpg

shadow_2_(resized).jpg

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Well, I picked it up on Saturday. I guess I am a sucker for Baldwin's ugly mug...

Do you know what happened to the board that made the game stop booting?
Looks like it was running good for awhile there.
And nice pick up. Shadow is a great pin.

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Do you know what happened to the board that made the game stop booting?
Looks like it was running good for awhile there.
And nice pick up. Shadow is a great pin.

It is possessed by demons. I removed all the boards and cleaned up the connectors. Put it all back together and nothing. The blanking led stayed lit and no boot. ( 2 flashed from 20) Today I turned it on for shits and giggles and played 10 games on it with no issue. Maybe somebody could point me in the right direction as to how this could happen and how to cure it. Or I could bring in a priest...

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Brought home a Bally Captain Fantastic Home version. It's practically new, just has some tape on the glass. Doesn't start a game, but the feature lights and flippers work.

Step 1: Power supply

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from Tazmans:

Brought home my first pin today, I have a Roadshow being delivered to my home next week!!!

Congrats High Speed is a great title and it looks like you got a beautiful example! Enjoy ?

#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Never played Heat Wave but I have one coming up soon in my restoration queue. Always loved the artwork and theme (Texas, yanno). Most importantly the unusual layout/moving targets/backbox animation looks fun.

I guess you'll be playing it then. Beyond the artwork, features, and layout, it has progressive rule set that allows higher scoring as you progress thru the game, but at the same time the shots that allow you to progress become less and less. Makes you get that one more dime feeling.

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Today I turned it on for shits and giggles and played 10 games on it with no issue.

That's about 20 minutes on many Shadows

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

That's about 20 minutes on many Shadows

More like 10 for me....

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess you'll be playing [Heat Wave] then. Beyond the artwork, features, and layout, it has progressive rule set that allows higher scoring as you progress thru the game, but at the same time the shots that allow you to progress become less and less. Makes you get that one more dime feeling.

Best I could do since to my knowledge Williams never released an "El NiƱo" pinball machine... sheesh... more rain all week!

#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

It is possessed by demons. I removed all the boards and cleaned up the connectors. Put it all back together and nothing. The blanking led stayed lit and no boot. ( 2 flashed from 20) Today I turned it on for shits and giggles and played 10 games on it with no issue. Maybe somebody could point me in the right direction as to how this could happen and how to cure it. Or I could bring in a priest...

Next time, try just unplugging the ribbon cables from the MPU to see if the MPU boots up correctly.

#2562 3 years ago
Quoted from eldy76:

Brought this home the other day. Now I just need to figure out where to put it.

Looks fine just where it is...just close the blind behind it to prevent cab fade.

#2563 3 years ago

Well technically, it was yesterday, oh who cares I'll post it anyways....!

It has to warm up....

So it can KILL YEEEEEEWWW!

SHOWTIME!!!!!!

20160531_185848_(resized).jpg20160531_190951_(resized).jpg20160531_211818_(resized).jpg20160531_220651_(resized).jpg

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It has to warm up....
SHOWTIME!!!!!!

3 great pins...congrats on the TAF.

#2565 3 years ago

I can't wait to tear into this one. It's pretty dirty but should clean up very nicely.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2566 3 years ago

Oh hell yeah ....... picked this bad boy up during a lunch break road trip today (and avoided the Boston rush hour doing so)
I will not shoot any gorillas while playing it, but please keep your kids away from the wall around it
If I had the cash and room, I would have come home with a TAF too.

Congo is sitting outside my office window .... torture

congo_(resized).jpg

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Brought home a Bally Captain Fantastic Home version. It's practically new, just has some tape on the glass. Doesn't start a game, but the feature lights and flippers work.

Check for burnt male/female connectors on the power supply.

#2568 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It has to warm up....
SHOWTIME!!!!!!

Damn NPO 2 of the best next to each other

"You're a lucky guy"

#2569 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Definitely, right? I absolutely hate taking a break to grab a game then heading back to my office. It almost feels sacrilegious to leave it sit out there. And always love a good yet indirect reference to current events...

#2570 3 years ago

I am totally sold on Congo Btw. It has lived up to the hype for sure

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from Tazmans:

She's a beauty.

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Oh hell yeah ....... picked this bad boy up during a lunch break road trip today (and avoided the Boston rush hour doing so)
I will not shoot any gorillas while playing it, but please keep your kids away from the wall around it
If I had the cash and room, I would have come home with a TAF too.

Sounds familiar. Thank you for passing it up. I bought it .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-addams-family-the-bally-1992-2021

Swapping out the first TAF for the one in the thread directly above.

#2573 3 years ago

Do Bally Slot Machines count? I got these from fellow VFW-AAPM member.

002_(resized).JPG

#2574 3 years ago

I finally got around to installing a 1979 Stern Dracula playfield to a coffee table bought off of CR. I know a great carpenter for finish trim and furniture in Toledo. He did the router work to set the glass flush. I bring home the table Sunday.

IMG_4433_(resized).JPG

#2575 3 years ago

Do Bally Slot Machines count?

If not....
Then what about a couple IGTs?

DSC_2886_(resized).JPG
DSC_2887_(resized).JPG

#2576 3 years ago

Hurricane just picked up from Game Exchange and currently sitting in Bloodshed Deathbath Arcade!

image_(resized).jpeg

#2577 3 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Hurricane just picked up from Game Exchange and currently sitting in Bloodshed Deathbath Arcade!

Nice photo! And what an awesome LED-job on Safe Cracker and Hurricane!
(And Phantom of the Opera? Can't see it well enough.)

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I finally got around to installing a 1979 Stern Dracula playfield to a coffee table bought off of CR. I know a great carpenter for finish trim and furniture in Toledo. He did the router work to set the glass flush. I bring home the table Sunday.

What happened to the rest of the game? That PF actually looks pretty good, compared to most Stern Drac's that usually have a ton of wear over the face in front of the flippers, and up near the top right drop bank.

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What happened to the rest of the game? That PF actually looks pretty good, compared to most Stern Drac's that usually have a ton of wear over the face in front of the flippers, and up near the top right drop bank.

I don't know where the rest of the game went. When I bought a pin from a guy off CR he had the playfield missing flippers and he never knew where the rest of it was. I guess it traded hands several times. So I bought the playfield for wall art and then decided to make it into a table. A close look and you can see the top pop bumper has the wrong cap on it and the other 3 are yellowed with age. The plastics are warped too. Sold the drops and stand ups to a friend. Took some time to clean the playfield and install a rink kit to make it look nice and I just ordered 4 new pop bumper caps from Pinball Resource.

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

The plastics are warped too. Sold the drops and stand ups to a friend. Took some time to clean the playfield and install a rink kit to make it look nice and I just ordered 4 new pop bumper caps from Pinball Resource.

If you bought it that way...whew! (I'm not big on ripping games apart if they can be saved or reanimated). Table looks good! I have some other plastics and what not from the 3 Stern Drac's I had previously, so let me know if you need anything else.

#2581 3 years ago

Not set up yep, but here.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2582 3 years ago

No fizzle in the hizzle

DSCF2933_(resized).JPG

#2583 3 years ago

Nice... I have a No Fear and it's one I keep coming back to to play more.

#2584 3 years ago

I love it when I'm able to contribute to this thread!

I picked up this Dealer's Choice in a trade for my Satin Doll. It's nice to refresh the lineup. (Well, it was a lineup, but they seem to be going out more than in these days.)

She's a little rough around the edges and will need some cabinet paint, but she plays fast!

Dealer's Choice

#2585 3 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

No fizzle in the hizzle

th_(resized).jpg

#2586 3 years ago

Picked up BOPP yesterday and it was kind of a strange transaction. Overall the condition isn't as bad as I was expecting but there is a few locked on solenoids I have to figure out. I think it's going to be ok though

image_(resized).jpeg

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Picked up BOPP yesterday and it was kind of a strange transaction. Overall the condition isn't as bad as I was expecting but there is a few locked on solenoids I have to figure out. I think it's going to be ok though

I think that by law, you have to tell the story now.......

#2588 3 years ago

RBION in the house!

IMG_0071_(resized).JPG

#2589 3 years ago

Love this thread. Finally got my Shadow this weekend. Deal was in the works for a long time and took an 8 hour round trip to get it. Rain has been relentless around here but was able to work abound it. Seller was really cool so it was a nice trip. Game could easily be huo. Super clean. Sanctum drop target needs some adjusting but everything else is great. Can't wait to get leds in and get everything looking great.

IMG_20160604_140519_189_(resized).jpg

DSC_8285b_(resized).jpg

#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Love this thread. Finally got my Shadow this weekend. Deal was in the works for a long time and took an 8 hour round trip to get it. Rain has been relentless around here but was able to work abound it. Seller was really cool so it was a nice trip. Game could easily be huo. Super clean. Sanctum drop target needs some adjusting but everything else is great. Can't wait to get leds in and get everything looking great.

Congrats. Nice pickup.
And yes the rains here have been insane. At least the next 4 or 5 days are dry.

#2591 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Picked up BOPP yesterday and it was kind of a strange transaction.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I couldn't agree more. Tell the story.......tell the story!!!!!!

#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Love this thread. Finally got my Shadow this weekend. Deal was in the works for a long time and took an 8 hour round trip to get it.

Awesome grab. Aurich's translite is so much better on that pin IMO.

#2593 3 years ago

I picked up four pins the other day. In case anyone was wondering, you can fit four (2 WPC regular and 2 widebody) into a U-Haul cargo van... just barely.

IMG_20160601_122145390_HDR_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160601_122149074_HDR_(resized).jpg

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Quoted from Colsond3:

I couldn't agree more. Tell the story.......tell the story!!!!!!

People were asking $1500. I called and asked about it and talked with the guy for a few. He said the game was apart (head, backglass, cab) and hasn't been put together for at least 8 years. He said it had a few small issues last time it was playable and he didn't know how to fix it so he ordered a bunch of stuff from ebay. He never did anything with it and moved and the games been apart since. I told him 1500 was way to much and thanked him for his time. Fast forward to last week. He called me back and said if I can come get it Saturday, he would take a few hundred as long as it was gone by the weekend. He said to PayPal him and it would be removed from Craigslist. No problem . So as I'm driving to get to his place, he called and said he wasn't home. Great. All I can tbink is that I got scammed and needed to start contacting paypal. He then calls back and dais to just go to his property and it's sitting in a airplane hanger/barn thing, load it up and enjoy. The road to his place was a pretty gnarly mountain road and I was glad I was in a small honda crv. I get there and there it is just sitting. No one in sight, no one home, nothing. I felt kinda awkward loading it up and taking it home without talking to the owner in person. It wasn't crazy weird just more awkward I guess. The overall condition is a lot better than I was expecting. The backglass is almost perfect, there is very very little wear on the playfeild and the cabinet isn't horrible. Everything is there and even spare parts and the original owners manual. The boards need some work but I was kinda expecting that.

#2595 3 years ago

^^That's very strange. I've been buying stuff over the internet for a long time and I would definately feel odd loading that one up as well. Thanks for sharing.

#2596 3 years ago

Prolly sold his neighbor's game without his neighbor knowing

#2597 3 years ago

Very nice Mr & Mrs Pac-Man. Fantastic back glass and play field! Nothing like being the first person to ever service a set of original boards. The displays were even original. Was stored in a finished climate controlled basement for the past 25 years. Gonna fix it's few issues and send her on her way.

IMG_7892_(resized).jpg

IMG_7897_(resized).jpg

IMG_7890_(resized).jpg

#2598 3 years ago

Let me know when your ready to sell it. Ed

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

He then calls back and dais to just go to his property and it's sitting in a airplane hanger/barn thing, load it up and enjoy. The road to his place was a pretty gnarly mountain road and I was glad I was in a small honda crv. I get there and there it is just sitting. No one in sight, no one home, nothing. I felt kinda awkward loading it up and taking it home without talking to the owner in person.

Quoted from snyper2099:

I've been buying stuff over the internet for a long time and I would definately feel odd loading that one up as well.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Prolly sold his neighbor's game without his neighbor knowing

I think I agree with yzfguy. I've picked up a lot of games, and that is pretty friggin weird. You show up and it's just sitting outside of a barn in the middle of a field. Nobody around at all? Did you keep looking around as you were loading it? LOL. I would feel like I was stealing the game. Very awesome that the condition sounds good and better than you expected. Nice find, and a nice game.

#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Very nice Mr & Mrs Pac-Man. Fantastic back glass and play field! Nothing like being the first person to ever service a set of original boards. The displays were even original. Was stored in a finished climate controlled basement for the past 25 years. Gonna fix it's few issues and send her on her way.

Amazing condition! Hard to believe the cabinet's faded.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
There are 14069 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 282.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside