(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,654 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg
There are 28,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 509 of 574.
#25401 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Awesome guys !! thanks very much for all these replies I do have to go up stairs!
It's one step up from the garage into the hallway.
Five steps to the landing, 90° turn and then 9 steps to the top! The shipping company was able to do it with a dolly for my GNR but he had a really nice stair climber dolly. And... he was country strong! That's not me.
I want to get it all prepared and pull somebody else in to help me with that part... An unsuspecting neighbor maybe.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That turns gonna be rough!

#25402 1 year ago

That stair case reminds me of,

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#25403 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That stair case reminds me of,[quoted image]

Is that the exorcist? That was a good one

#25404 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

My wife and I have moved quite a few pins up the stairs and used purchases up stairs out of peoples homes. If you are close to a harbor freight I would spend the extra and get a mover like the link below. You have a basic dolly and it will work but this style in the link is what we have and it has the stair climbers on it. It makes a world of difference going up stairs, otherwise you often have an awkward spot in moving up the stairs where it drags. We have a really old farm house and the stairs are "old school" and very steep and they are a great help.
https://www.harborfreight.com/material-handling/hand-trucks-carts-dollies/hand-platform-trucks/600-lb-capacity-appliance-hand-truck-60520.html

Thanks! Harbor freight's about 3 mi from me and they have one left in stock and are holding it for me different brand but it looks exactly the same They didn't have the one that you suggested specifically.

Screenshot_20221217-110953 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221217-110953 (resized).png
#25405 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

That turns gonna be rough!

At least I've got a decent size landing. When the mover got my GNR up there by himself with a really nice dolly I helped him make the turn so he didn't clip my railing, but he was able to turn my GNR the 90 degrees and pull it up the rest of the way.
Now I think about it I think he threw down a blanket on the landing and spun it around using the blanket. Wish I'd paid more attention. That was back in the day when was a monogamous pinball owner. One and done, I thought. . Lol.

#25406 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hey everybody I'm trying to get this thing up into my house and I never done this before. Sorry I know this is not the right thread for this but it is new, and I am posting a picture, lol.
Here's a picture of where I've got it out of the box lined up on a dolly where do I put two ratchet straps do I go around the head and the whole body, which seems like too much stress on the head, maybe one ratchet at the bottom and one in the middle across the glass?[quoted image]

See the cardboard edge piece under the green strap in your picture, I would put those everywhere a strap comes in contact with the head/body. As mentioned by others, before you fold the head down, lay down a sheet of cardboard or a thick blanket to protect the rails and head.
I'm not a fan of the dolly you're using, especially on wood stairs. If you're not in a hurry, you could reach out to other Pinsiders in your area, or use a local app like Nextdoor, and see if someone just might have a furniture style dolly you could borrow.

#25407 1 year ago
Quoted from generalgman:

Should have left it in the box and then cart it up the stairs with a few buddies. Way more chance of damaging the pin with it unboxed.

Won't even fit in the garage door in the box. GNR made it unboxed and unscathed.

#25408 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]
I have to go up and down 3 flights of stairs.

I think I would just hire out to some guys to take it up.

#25409 1 year ago
Quoted from G35R6:

See the cardboard edge piece under the green strap in your picture, I would put those everywhere a strap comes in contact with the head/body. As mentioned by others, before you fold the head down, lay down a sheet of cardboard or a thick blanket to protect the rails and head.
I'm not a fan of the dolly you're using, especially on wood stairs. If you're not in a hurry, you could reach out to other Pinsiders in your area, or use a local app like Nextdoor, and see if someone just might have a furniture style dolly you could borrow.

Thanks yeah I've been on next door all morning and other ideas I've got a kid who's going to come by at 5:00 if I haven't got it solved by then.. thanks!

Here's how it sits in my garage now on the dolly And I cut up the lid of the box and made some protective areas. This picture is on the dolly that I won't be using. I'm going to go get that appliance truck with the stair climbing apparatus, the wider blade in about an hour. See picture.

PXL_20221217_171805185 (resized).jpgPXL_20221217_171805185 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221217-110953 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221217-110953 (resized).png
#25410 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I think I would just hire out to some guys to take it up.

Keeps me young! Haha

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25411 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks yeah I've been on next door all morning and other ideas I've got a kid who's going to come by at 5:00 if I haven't got it solved by then.. thanks!
Here's how it sits in my garage now on the dolly And I cut up the lid of the box and made some protective areas. This picture is on the dolly that I won't be using. I'm going to go get that appliance truck with the stair climbing apparatus, the wider blade in about an hour. See picture.[quoted image][quoted image]

New sterns are pretty lightweight. Should go smoothly. Unless your landing is like mine.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

I have to take the head off…. Adds to the joy of getting a new pin LOL

#25412 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Not sure if this counts

If Shaq comes over you just have to move up the wall 3ft ..

#25413 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Here's how it sits in my garage now on the dolly And I cut up the lid of the box and made some protective areas. This picture is on the dolly that I won't be using. I'm going to go get that appliance truck with the stair climbing apparatus, the wider blade in about an hour. See picture.[quoted image][quoted image]

You will be jamming to Rush in no time!

#25414 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

New sterns are pretty lightweight. Should go smoothly. Unless your landing is like mine.
[quoted image]

Oof!!! How is it taking the head off? easy? I've always said I would do it from now on to make it easier moving into the house but I'm always nervous.

#25415 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Oof!!! How is it taking the head off? easy? I've always said I would do it from now on to make it easier moving into the house but I'm always nervous.

I just took the head off on older Stern and pulled the playfield. Took about 20 minutes. I also marked a few connectors and took a few pics just to remind myself for when I put it back together

20221217_123158.jpg20221217_123158.jpg
#25416 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That stair case reminds me of,[quoted image]

One of the greatest pictures of all time. Too bad Peter Blatty didn’t include this scene In the movie

#25417 1 year ago

I always had to take the heads off my games to move them into my old house because of the narrow twisting staircase. The worst was taking the head off a Cue Ball Wizard in the sellers driveway while the sun was going down. It wouldn't fit in my Equinox folded.

#25418 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

One of the greatest pictures of all time. Too bad Peter Blatty didn’t include this scene In the movie

It is pretty entertaining as a deleted scene though:

Quoted from wayout440:

The worst was taking the head off a Cue Ball Wizard in the sellers driveway while the sun was going down. It wouldn't fit in my Equinox folded.

My first experience moving a pin was my CBW. We ended up borrowing a pull behind trailer to get the dang thing home.

#25419 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Like dirkdiggler said. Pictures and mark location of connections if needed. It’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Modern Sterns are pretty simple. JJPs and older games require a good bit more work.

#25420 1 year ago

My ex wife and I went through kind of the same situation. I sent it to her every time she wanted to move! Lol

Quoted from ExSquid:HAH! that's me and the wife in the hallway across the basement right before we have to get it downstairs.

#25421 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hey everybody I'm trying to get this thing up into my house and I never done this before. Sorry I know this is not the right thread for this but it is new, and I am posting a picture, lol.
Here's a picture of where I've got it out of the box lined up on a dolly where do I put two ratchet straps do I go around the head and the whole body, which seems like too much stress on the head, maybe one ratchet at the bottom and one in the middle across the glass?[quoted image]

I highly recommend this convenient Pinball Strap. It’s $20 and Pinball Life has them in stock. It simply attaches with Velcro, and it holds the heaviest pins really tight, but without any metal ratchet mechs. I’ve used mine dozens of times to move pins on a hand truck, including up and down stairs. I still place small cardboard cornerboards under the strap. Simply wrap it around the pin and the hand truck, slide the end through a little metal loop and press the long Velcro section down. Very convenient product if you move pins around.

BFC4C9C8-CBBA-46CE-9A76-49F5DD3C9D12 (resized).pngBFC4C9C8-CBBA-46CE-9A76-49F5DD3C9D12 (resized).png
#25422 1 year ago

I didn't post last night but got it done! Guy came over and with that harbor freight dolly it was quick work!

Thanks so much everybody! Merry Christmas!

PXL_20221218_024346366 (resized).jpgPXL_20221218_024346366 (resized).jpg
#25423 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I didn't post last night but got it done! Guy came over and with that harbor freight dolly it was quick work!
Thanks so much everybody! Merry Christmas![quoted image]

That's awesome, I was just sipping some coffee wondering checking the threads if you got it up the stairs. Nicely done

#25424 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

nice man! looks awesome! How's your back/knees?

#25425 1 year ago

Picked this up for a friend yesterday. Runs on batteries. I wonder if they're still good???

16713719819916088119679972785211 (resized).jpg16713719819916088119679972785211 (resized).jpg
#25426 1 year ago
Quoted from generalgman:

Should have left it in the box and then cart it up the stairs with a few buddies. Way more chance of damaging the pin with it unboxed.

Problem for me is the NIB won't fit through my basement door coming down from the garage. Need a wide door to get in a house.

#25427 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Rush!!

Had since January, still my favorite game in the basement.

#25428 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

nice man! looks awesome! How's your back/knees?

I was on the bottom lifting each step while my helper pulled it up each of the 15 steps. I think he had the brunt of the effort but he's young in his 20s and on the payroll so it was only fair. I was out of breath but that harbor freight appliance truck with the stair climber really made the difference. He was here probably 20 minutes and drive was probably 40 round trip. Found him on next door. Easy hundred bucks for him, and my back and knees are happy. And Rush is in da house!!

Screenshot_20221217-110953 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221217-110953 (resized).png

#25429 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Problem for me is the NIB won't fit through my basement door coming down from the garage. Need a wide door to get in a house.

I am surprised by how many home builders not putting in 36” wide doors especially entrance doors. Should be code.

#25430 1 year ago
Quoted from vidguy:

It is pretty entertaining as a deleted scene though:

My first experience moving a pin was my CBW. We ended up borrowing a pull behind trailer to get the dang thing home.

You included the psychiatry scene too..well done!

#25431 1 year ago

I was supposed to be posting a new pinball pickup today but I got snowed in. All I picked up today was a sore back.

20221218_105616.jpg20221218_105616.jpg20221218_105636.jpg20221218_105636.jpg
#25432 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I was supposed to be posting a new pinball pickup today but I got snowed in. All I picked up today was a sore back.

Brother that is a shit ton of snow....sorry bout your back.

#25433 1 year ago

Got my James Bond yesterday…

So excited

078E5D03-2D00-4614-90AE-913B8318E7E5 (resized).jpeg078E5D03-2D00-4614-90AE-913B8318E7E5 (resized).jpegA9DEA104-BCD2-4EF4-A0E4-582D4F8F9060 (resized).jpegA9DEA104-BCD2-4EF4-A0E4-582D4F8F9060 (resized).jpegFE9E327D-C8B3-4A26-91E1-DC178C9CB0C4 (resized).jpegFE9E327D-C8B3-4A26-91E1-DC178C9CB0C4 (resized).jpeg
#25434 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Damn, just looking at that....

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#25435 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I was supposed to be posting a new pinball pickup today but I got snowed in

Oh yup ... there you are ...

IMG_20221218_145136 (resized).jpgIMG_20221218_145136 (resized).jpg
#25436 1 year ago

It snowed lightly for about 48 hrs. Don't think much actually fell. Maybe a foot. Its the crazy strong winds blowing and drifting everything everywhere. Paths just fill back up in hours and are packed.

I just bought my mother in law a battery operated snowblower and going to swap it for her big Crafstman snowblower that she can't operate. She's 80 and refuses to pay a snow removal service. She has money. I just don’t get it

#25437 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

It snowed lightly for about 48 hrs. Don't think much actually fell. Maybe a foot. Its the crazy strong winds blowing and drifting everything everywhere. Paths just fill back up in hours and are packed.
I just bought my mother in law a battery operated snowblower and going to swap it for her big Crafstman snowblower that she can't operate. She's 80 and refuses to pay a snow removal service. She has money. I just don’t get it

Hope you didn't buy a "Snow Joe", those things are shit.

#25438 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:Hope you didn't buy a "Snow Joe", those things are shit.

It's a Ryobi 60v or 80v. Can't remember. A neighbor has one and loves it. Says it goes thru packed snow like nothing and throws it 35 ft

#25439 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image]

Wow. I might build a small triangle step so you can spin it on a flat.

#25440 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Got my James Bond yesterday…
So excited
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You got 007 in a sweet corner for sure!

#25441 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

What pin are you picking up when you can?

#25442 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

What pin are you picking up when you can?

Pinball karma rule #1.
Never talk about what game till you have it in your vehicle heading home.

#25443 1 year ago

Brought this home yesterday. Driving on a 3 lane highway at noon looking like this, -18c (0F) outside, I started thinking I might have a pinball addiction

1000003024 (resized).jpg1000003024 (resized).jpg20221217_125411 (resized).jpg20221217_125411 (resized).jpg
#25444 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Pinball karma rule #1.
Never talk about what game till you have it in your vehicle heading home.

You are soooo right. Dang it. Yes say nothing.

#25445 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Brought this home yesterday. Driving on a 3 lane highway at noon looking like this, -18c (0F) outside, I started thinking I might have a pinball addiction

This is why this place is a blessing AND a curse. Now I NEED a Chiefs jersey. Smh …..

#25446 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I started thinking I might have a pinball addiction

“Hi my name is Jesper and I’m a pinballholic.”
*All together* - Hi Jesper!

#25447 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I should stop complaining about Michigan winters. You guys up north have serious winter. Congrats on gotg. Great game. I had a pro with the Cleland music code and it’s phenomenal. I miss that one! Groot is an awesome toy.

#25448 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I should stop complaining about Michigan winters. You guys up north have serious winter.

-35 tomorrow night ... sucks!

#25449 1 year ago

When we are on the subject of moving games, I bought a battery powered dolly beginning of this year that I should have bought 20 years ago. It makes moving pinball machines a breeze. Previously I have always dreaded stairs and had to rely on help but not anymore. I can now move games up and down stairs on my own and without even breaking a sweat.
The dolly also folds so it is easy to store when not in use and takes no space whatsoever in the car. And it is equipped with brakes for going down the stairs or downhill which means the game and dolly will not take off on you. You can stop midway in the stairs if you wish without having to hold the weight/dolly from taking off.
It is called Betterway BW-170-GF. Not the cheapest but worth every penny if you are into the hobby and plan to be for some time. Your back will thank you, and your friends/family who no longer have to put up with the hard work of helping you moving games.
https://www.betterway.nu/products/betterway-170gf-el-trappklattrare-alu-170-kg

IMG_7458 (resized).JPGIMG_7458 (resized).JPGIMG_7459 (resized).JPGIMG_7459 (resized).JPG

#25450 1 year ago

Not a pinball machine, but cool anyways. Got a great deal, it really was "just a fuse" this time

Screenshot_20221219-051519_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221219-051519_Gallery (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 259.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 84.99
$ 84.99
$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 28,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 509 of 574.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/509 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.