(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,654 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg
There are 28,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 574.
#2451 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I said goodbye to my MSF and ended the day with these 2 in the Gameroom.
I have 1 pin more than I have space right now!

For a small Fee I can take one game off your hand.

#2452 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

For a small Fee I can take one game off your hand.

I may be listing the Shadow in the near future. Maybe....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2453 7 years ago
Quoted from PapaJohn:

O-din, as hard as it is to find nice em pins, how long did it take you to find Struggle Buggies? John

A lot less time than it's taking to find an Eager Beaver. That Arrow Head is a real gem too. If you research that title you will find there aren't too many of those left in the world either. I got it working yesterday and it is a great playing game. As good as it looks.

#2454 7 years ago

Picked up these two garage finds in the last couple of weeks.
Whitewater had battery damage so bad to the MPU I had to replace it. But just $180 for a bare bones board, my ASIC, and game roms were still usable. Game up and running.
Diner had battery damage as well but just to the battery holder, board was in great shape.
Just need a new trough switch and it will be playable until we tear it down to clean.

IMG_1843_(resized).JPGIMG_1843_(resized).JPG

IMG_1858_(resized).JPGIMG_1858_(resized).JPG

#2455 7 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I was on a mission to pick up something weird and cheesy to round out the lineup. Success????

Unique, hard to find game.
Hopefully, this one has a good condition cabinet, as most are cracking and have paint issues.
Playfields held up well, and had a solid, basic feature set.

Good news?
Fits in places where other machines will not!

#2456 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A lot less time than it's taking to find an Eager Beaver. That Arrow Head is a real gem too. If you research that title you will find there aren't too many of those left in the world either. I got it working yesterday and it is a great playing game. As good as it looks.

That Struggle Buggies looked awesome. I love the yellow score reels. The art on Big Deal was pretty cool too. What was the alt backglass you were talking about?

#2457 7 years ago

Weird? Check

Cheesy? Check

Success!!!!!

It's in pretty good shape overall. Cabinet does have a little chipping on the front panel and some wear where the legs were set low for the kids. I like it so far.

#2458 7 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Weird? Check
Cheesy? Check
Success!!!!!
It's in pretty good shape overall. Cabinet does have a little chipping on the front panel and some wear where the legs were set low for the kids. I like it so far.

Did you pick this up from a CL add in Ohio?

#2459 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Did you pick this up from a CL add in Ohio?

It was listed on several craigslist locations but yes. I'd imagine there weren't two anyways lol

#2460 7 years ago

Picked this up from a CL ad for $100. A strong cleaning, adjustment of only one (!) switch, and lots of play testing and you have a fun multiplayer that will hopefully be used for Project Pinball fundraisers in the near future...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2461 7 years ago

Just drove 450 round trip miles today for whats in this box. And no its not the Bird cage.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

IMG_0091_(resized).JPGIMG_0091_(resized).JPG

#2462 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

And no its not the Bird cage.

No fooling us. It is a giant Frisbee used in for a display purposes.

#2463 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Just drove 450 round trip miles today for whats in this box. And no its not the Bird cage.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Voltan BG???

#2464 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Voltan BG???

Nope, all those glasses are what used to be in this box. Had to empty it out to bring home one glass today. After two plus years of searching I finally got a much nicer one than what came with my game and I drove instead of shipping to make sure it made it here safely.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

IMG_0097_(resized).JPGIMG_0097_(resized).JPG

IMG_0095_(resized).JPGIMG_0095_(resized).JPG

IMG_0093_(resized).JPGIMG_0093_(resized).JPG

#2465 7 years ago

I finally get to participate in my own thread again! Brought this guy home tonight.

#2466 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That Struggle Buggies looked awesome. I love the yellow score reels.

It plays awsome too. I could play it all night and have. It may be be the liveliest EM I have now as there is no shortage of flipper and playfield power. Even with those impulse flippers. It's got lots of kick. A pleasant surprise.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

The art on Big Deal was pretty cool too. What was the alt backglass you were talking about?

http://bgresto.com/?p=666

Quoted from DK:

you have a fun multiplayer

So do you! Pit Stop is one of the best.

#2467 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I brought home a machine to bring home machines

Nice. Love the looks of the new Durangos. If I was in the market for an SUV, it'd be either one of those or a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

#2468 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Nice. Love the looks of the new Durangos. If I was in the market for an SUV, it'd be either one of those or a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I was originally going to get a Grand Cherokee, but I have heard pins are super tight in the new ones. I like those a lot though.

Chris

#2469 7 years ago

Brought home a really nice Gottlieb Gladiators for $500!

20160523_204844_(resized).jpg20160523_204844_(resized).jpg

20160523_221109_(resized).jpg20160523_221109_(resized).jpg

#2470 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Brought home a really nice Gottlieb Gladiators for $500!

Nice grab...you got a steal

#2471 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nice grab...you got a steal

Thanks! Yeah, it's in great shape. PF is surprisingly good with no wear spots. Dirty as hell and hasn't been cleaned in 9+ years. Looks like DMD controller board has an issue as there is no output on the DMD. It will need more investigation. Hopefully an easy fix.

#2472 7 years ago

No pics yet (maybe this weekend when I get it set up), but I picked up a Bally Party Animal from my local Craigslist. It's in nice shape on the whole... but it's FILTHY. I don't think it had ever been cleaned. The guy has owned it for a long time, and said he hadn't played it in 10 years or so. The rear levelers were bent, and there's one chipped plastic, but it otherwise looks like it will clean up nicely. I had to disassemble it to get it into the basement, and I will put the head back on after I get the levelers.

I do need to get the battery off the board-- there's no acid damage luckily.

#2473 7 years ago

My wife's not to happy about the placement of my new pin. It kinda matches, right?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2474 7 years ago

If you got rid of those chairs, end table and lamp, plants and coffee table it would go a lot better with the 3 additional pins that would fit nicely into that space... plus those additional pins would jazz up the room lighting a bit as it is too sedate.

#2475 7 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

If you got rid of those chairs, end table and lamp, plants and coffee table it would go a lot better with the 3 additional pins that would fit nicely into that space... plus those additional pins would jazz up the room lighting a bit as it is too sedate.

I agree

#2476 7 years ago

Picked up an Apollo 13 the other day; it has a few problems and was once on a route (maybe 10+ years ago) but has been sitting in a dude's house for a good long time with no attention of note. Amazingly it had ZERO leakage from the (still mounted!) battery holder despite my suspicion that the guy who owned it never used the key in the coin door! It's getting a NVRAM since it's a socketed chip on these and it's a 30-second job.

Playfield is in good shape and a half-day with it got it mildly cleaned, 3/4 relamped with LEDs and the mechanical issues fixed so it's fully playable. The moon and rocket both work after a bit of attention although someone at Stern needs to be attached to a tree; 4 flashers (2 in the rocket and 2 in the backbox on that channel) is 2 too many on the stock power board transistor and one channel is blown. Waiting on some TIP102s (I was out) to take care of that and bayonet-base LEDs to fix the dissipation issue "for good." This is a game that punishes you *very badly* for missed shots (usually with a SDTM) but it's growing on me rapidly (the kid loves it, including the frustration level it generates.)

It'll get the full strip-down, clean and rebuild flipper treatment soon once I have all the rubber parts I need -- I'm missing too many of them to want to tear it apart twice for a full cleaning, go-through and re-rubber treatment.

I'm a Bally/Williams sort of guy but this isn't a bad table at all...it has exceeded my expectations thus far.

I'm now officially out of room for additional pins unless I invade a second room.... which is kinda likely to happen

2016-05-22_21.20.49_(resized).jpg2016-05-22_21.20.49_(resized).jpg

#2477 7 years ago
Quoted from Tickerguy:

Picked up an Apollo 13 the other day; it has a few problems and was once on a route (maybe 10+ years ago) but has been sitting in a dude's house for a good long time with no attention of note.

Awesome grab and great game...even for a Bally Williams guy LOL. Game looks like it's in pretty good shape, even needing a tune up and some other work. Congrats!!

#2478 7 years ago

Bought this gem home. Was apparently sitting around for years needing work, and the guy was just getting ready to part it out because it was missing the BG and he couldn't get it running. I couldn't let that happen given that it's pretty much complete, and with a production of only 1,492 pins. Luckily I was able to talk him into a good price so I could save and restore it, and I had it partially working after spending a 1/2 hour with it. Had Secret Service ROMs on the MPU, and a few transistors blown. If anybody knows someone that has a BG, let me know!!

photo_2_(resized).JPGphoto_2_(resized).JPG
photo_4_(resized).JPGphoto_4_(resized).JPG
photo_5_(resized).JPGphoto_5_(resized).JPG

#2479 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

My wife's not to happy about the placement of my new pin. It kinda matches, right?

I had to look twice to even notice it was there...

#2480 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Awesome grab and great game...even for a Bally Williams guy LOL. Game looks like it's in pretty good shape, even needing a tune up and some other work. Congrats!!

Thanks... I didn't quite steal it, but it was offered at a (very) nice price. I suspect the PO knew it had problems that he didn't quite tell me about (like the DMD randomly going out -- cracked solder joints on the HV board, a fried power transistor in the flasher circuit, etc) although he did say the rocket kicker didn't always work (big shock given that the coil was installed 90 degrees off and interfering with the playfield resulting in a broken connection -- at least it had plastic insulating sleeves on the coil connections or it would have catastrophically shorted that channel against the raceway metal.) The coinop route guy who had it first's sticker was still on the backglass, and the guy who I bought it from said he had never had it open other than to push the service-credit button on the coin door -- I believe him, given that the pricing wasn't even set! No manual either but I found one on FleaBay. That the CPU avoided a battery leakage mess is just a flat-out stroke of luck.

Even with a few hundred in parts and enhancements (speaker upgrade, etc) plus a couple days to strip the playfield completely and clean it really well along with relamping it in LEDs I won't have crazy money in it, and it plays nice. I recently went to Ann Arbor's open house thingy a couple weeks ago after I knew this was available but before buying it and got to play it, so I knew I'd like the title. I may put a ColorDMD in it; the existing one is real good shape though and running well within spec on both volts and current drawn.

My only real gripe in working on it as a Bally/Williams WPC era guy (Safe Cracker and No Fear plus owning both Pin2ks) is that Sega appears to pay exactly zero attention to mechanical access once initially assembled -- even simple things like GI sockets. Wire looms over the subway under the board making its removal essentially impossible without un-looming all the wiretie bundling and similar plus there are click-board wedge sockets inside the subway molding when it's all bolted up (just try getting those off to re-lamp without having to move the subway out of the way) as just a couple of many examples.

BTW to the guy who recently scored the White Water... I used to own that one and sold it a number of years ago. My copy had a rough previous life before I got it in the playfield cosmetics department although mechanically it was fine. I still regret selling it instead of restoring it.

#2481 7 years ago

First pic...DD when I bought it home two weeks ago after losing two pints of blood during pick up (game was half dead, as nearly was I). Next four pics after regenerating my blood, and finally having some time to spend on it. Game is cleaning up nice, and I was actually able to save the legs and polish them up nice. Much better with LED's on top and under the PF, even though I'm usually modest with putting too many LED's in older SS games. This one just screamed for it.

photo_5_(resized).JPGphoto_5_(resized).JPG

photo_8_(resized).JPGphoto_8_(resized).JPG

photo_9_(resized).JPGphoto_9_(resized).JPG

photo_10_(resized).JPGphoto_10_(resized).JPG

#2482 7 years ago
Quoted from Tickerguy:

My only real gripe in working on it as a Bally/Williams WPC era guy (Safe Cracker and No Fear plus owning both Pin2ks) is that Sega appears to pay exactly zero attention to mechanical access once initially assembled -- even simple things like GI sockets. Wire looms over the subway under the board making its removal essentially impossible without un-looming all the wiretie bundling and similar plus there are click-board wedge sockets inside the subway molding when it's all bolted up (just try getting those off to re-lamp without having to move the subway out of the way) as just a couple of many examples.

Couldn't agree more. I have a cherry BF, and working on it compared to B/W games is certainly a task. I think I would throw a color DMD in it...that would definitely be a cool upgrade for that title. Still a great find...you don't come across Apollo's all that much anymore.

#2483 7 years ago
Quoted from Tickerguy:

Picked up an Apollo 13 the other day; it has a few problems and was once on a route (maybe 10+ years ago) but has been sitting in a dude's house for a good long time with no attention of note. Amazingly it had ZERO leakage from the (still mounted!) battery holder despite my suspicion that the guy who owned it never used the key in the coin door! It's getting a NVRAM since it's a socketed chip on these and it's a 30-second job.
Playfield is in good shape and a half-day with it got it mildly cleaned, 3/4 relamped with LEDs and the mechanical issues fixed so it's fully playable. The moon and rocket both work after a bit of attention although someone at Stern needs to be attached to a tree; 4 flashers (2 in the rocket and 2 in the backbox on that channel) is 2 too many on the stock power board transistor and one channel is blown. Waiting on some TIP102s (I was out) to take care of that and bayonet-base LEDs to fix the dissipation issue "for good." This is a game that punishes you *very badly* for missed shots (usually with a SDTM) but it's growing on me rapidly (the kid loves it, including the frustration level it generates.)
It'll get the full strip-down, clean and rebuild flipper treatment soon once I have all the rubber parts I need -- I'm missing too many of them to want to tear it apart twice for a full cleaning, go-through and re-rubber treatment.
I'm a Bally/Williams sort of guy but this isn't a bad table at all...it has exceeded my expectations thus far.
I'm now officially out of room for additional pins unless I invade a second room.... which is kinda likely to happen

Time for you to get a ColorDMD for that A13.
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-apollo-13-pinball-machine/

#2484 7 years ago
Quoted from Tickerguy:

Picked up an Apollo 13 the other day;

Great game. There is a Apollo 13 club thread here. Would love to see more pictures and your restoration progress.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-weve-had-a-problem-here-–––-apollo-13-club-–––-everyone-welcome

#2485 7 years ago

So much work to do on this one. Spent 5 hours just doing the preliminary cleaning. Deep cleaning once I get started on it

#2486 7 years ago

I'm finally the owner of a Old Chicago, never owned one before so I'm looking forward to putting a little time on this one.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

IMG_0134_(resized).JPGIMG_0134_(resized).JPG

IMG_0139_(resized).JPGIMG_0139_(resized).JPG

#2487 7 years ago

Nice! Old Chicago was one of my favorites as a young kid.....

#2488 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I have seen a lot worse...(not my home).
The collector had no wife for a reason.

Pinballlivingroom.jpgPinballlivingroom.jpg

#2489 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I have seen a lot worse...(not my home).

That couch looks out of place in there.

#2490 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

And from the looks of it, crossed eyes too.

#2491 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'm finally the owner of a Old Chicago, never owned one before so I'm looking forward to putting a little time on this one.

Welcome to the club John - my $120 OC is getting close to first start up after many months of labor. I love these mid-70's Bally EM's! -- well, everything except those damn light sockets.

#2492 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Welcome to the club John - my $120 OC is getting close to first start up after many months of labor. I love these mid-70's Bally EM's! -- well, everything except those damn light sockets.

Yep... I think the Bally 70's-era is probably my overall favorite. Starting with Hi-Deal in '75 they began using that sexy curved top rail for the arch instead of stamped metal plates. Just looks fantastic.

Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and Freedom (particularly the prototype edition) are the "Big Three" from this era in my opinion. Huge & gorgeous backglass art, fun layout, fast gameplay... it's all there. Love it.

#2493 7 years ago

One of my favorite hard to find games of all time has arrived but...Who Dunnit?

20160527_143343_(resized).jpg20160527_143343_(resized).jpg

#2494 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

Same here bro!
Low plays.
Should clean up and take a shine real nice...
Boobies

#2495 7 years ago

24!!!!

IMG_20160527_202826774_(resized).jpgIMG_20160527_202826774_(resized).jpg

#2496 7 years ago

Picture 1)
I couldn't help myself and test cleaned and waxed a little section. The ball swirls came right out and glossed up.

#2497 7 years ago

Got this one from a fellow pinsider. Needs a backglass and shop job, but should clean up nice. Anyone have a BG or drop targets?

IMAG0529_(resized).jpgIMAG0529_(resized).jpg

IMAG0531_(resized).jpgIMAG0531_(resized).jpg

#2498 7 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Got this one from a fellow pinsider. Needs a backglass and shop job, but should clean up nice. Anyone have a BG or drop targets?

Are you serious!?!?!!!! Do you know how rare that game is... Does anyone have parts?, lol.... Call Roger Sharp

Seriously... Thank you for posting pics

#2499 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Do you know how rare that game is

I know it's rare. I am hoping to at least get some game plan drop targets, as i don't like the look of the DE drops. I know it was a little much to ask about a BG, but it never hurts to ask, you never know!

#2500 7 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I know it's rare. I am hoping to at least get some game plan drop targets, as i don't like the look of the DE drops. I know it was a little much to ask about a BG, but it never hurts to ask, you never know!

If you can get a scan, I can help with a possible translite

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,100 (OBO)
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 574.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.