(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,641 posts
  • 2,295 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by PanzerKraken
  • Topic is favorited by 582 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

435071209_440076048595169_956296317004543607_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1452 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1453 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1451 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1448 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1446 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0327.jpeg
IMG_6671 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6670 (resized).jpeg
There are 28,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 573.
#21151 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

You’d be amazed how much this plays like a standard pinball machine.
[quoted image]

Night Moves is the greatest cocktail game made! Congrats! It has a really awesome rule set for such a small game

Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I was convinced this was going to fall through but it all worked out great. Left flipper wasn't working but a new coil fixed it. Too bad we lost the feature lamps in the process. The rectifier board is hacked and looks like crap (not surprised) so we'll swap in an xpin and then see where we are on those feature lamps.
Ultimately it's going to become a Quicksilver someday because the cab is horribly painted and the backglass is crap. In the meantime I left it at a friend's so he can play it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Galaxy is a great game!! So sad people keep killing them! yes Quicksilver is amazing, but Galaxy is too!

Random thoughts this morning from helping yesterday with the Galaxy acquisition... I told my friend I didn't have time to bring any EMs back to life (and I don't fix pop machines!) but that I would help him to clear space by selling off some of what he had spent gobs of money accumulating before he let me start guiding him--lol.
Gottlieb Skill Pool - two complete cabinets, three playfields, one brand new backglass and set of plastics (both cabs have complete set of pool balls)
Gottlieb Surf Side - complete, some flaking on BG but decent overall
Williams Doodle Bug custom painted Beetles retheme project - probably not worth much more than random parts/mechs and for a solid cabinet to do something else with -- IMO
Gottlieb Continental Cafe - complete, backglass okay but not great, would be a solid donor for a Woah Nellie build
Bally Dude Ranch bingo (head under the Surf Side in pic 4)
Some other bingo (head under the Surf Side in pic 4)
Pepsi vending machine - doesn't cool but I think he said it works otherwise
He's a bit overwhelmed and I'm not sure the best way to go about getting this all sold for him. Clearly he needs better pictures and it would be nice to have some sort of indication on overall (dys?) function of everything.. I just know he needs them gone and I need him with cash in hand for all the projects I'm going to be doing for him (lol). Any suggestions?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those Pepsi machines are terrible. I believe that model should weigh about 600+ pounds. Hate moving them.
They’re only worth like $200

#21152 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Night Moves is the greatest cocktail game made! Congrats! It has a really awesome rule set for such a small game

Agreed -- I'm waiting on boards returning so I can fix another friend's machine up so I can finally play it again! Night Moves and Caribbean Cruise are *awesome* games..definitely a break from what most cocktail tables offer...which isn't much.

Galaxy is a great game!! So sad people keep killing them! yes Quicksilver is amazing, but Galaxy is too!

I really don't like the idea of killing one game to make another, but given that this Galaxy has a TERRIBLE paint job, a shot backglass, and only a so-so playfield..it's a perfect candidate for such a conversion IMO. If it didn't need a new glass and cab repaint, at a minimum, or if the PF were really nice..I probably wouldn't consider it. We'll probably attempt to touch up the playfield, once stripped, to see if it can at least live on in some other application.

Those Pepsi machines are terrible. I believe that model should weigh about 600+ pounds. Hate moving them.
They’re only worth like $200

Hahahaha yeah I agree. I think that's about what he paid, and I'm sure he'd be ecstatic to just get his money back out of it. Definitely a silly purchase IMO, just buy a damn mini fridge -- or a real fridge -- and call it a day!

#21153 2 years ago

I agree, I really don't like the idea of killing one game to make another, but given that this Galaxy has a TERRIBLE paint job, a shot backglass, and only a so-so playfield..it's a perfect candidate for such a conversion IMO. If it didn't need a new glass and cab repaint, at a minimum, or if the PF were really nice..I probably wouldn't consider it.

Donor pins
------------------------------Quantity produced-----------------------------Sales price

Hot Hand............................ 4117 ..................................................$1000.00

Meteor................................ 8362...................................................$1500.00

Galaxy ............................... 5130 ..................................................1200.00
====================================================

Star Gazer........................... 869................................................... $9,000.00
Quicksilver .......................... 1201................................................. $8500.00

Wide Bodies

Flight 2000 ......................... 6301 ................................................ $2000.00

Cheetah............................... 1223 ................................................ $6500.00

Greatwich's production numbers for his Star Gazer play fields.

"around 100 Star Gazer play fields".

Seawitch play fields. "Around 40"
======================

Mirco Quicksilver play fields. Who knows? I forget how many QS play field harnesses Third Coast has said he made but less than 50.
====================================

Dragonfist 302 $5,000.00 +

The numbers support sacrificing some of these old Sterns and converting them.

#21154 2 years ago

I'm not against it happening (although I do cringe a bit seeing it done with Meteor which I simply love) because those rarer games deserve to be played as well, regardless of value, I just wouldn't personally do it to a game that isn't otherwise VERY flawed (ruined glass, bad cabinet, blown out playfield, etc). I wouldn't take a nice Meteor or Galaxy and convert it but I also wouldn't condemn anyone else for doing it. There are definitely multiple valid arguments--on both sides--on this whole thing as far as I'm concerned.

#21155 2 years ago

These days, there are enough options for aftermarket boards and such that you can literally start with a partially populated playfield and end up with a fully functional game. With things like APC + LISY, you can actually get the original rules working on games as well via pinmame. Just a thought before sacrificing machines to build new ones....

#21156 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

These days, there are enough options for aftermarket boards and such that you can literally start with a partially populated playfield and end up with a fully functional game. With things like APC + LISY, you can actually get the original rules working on games as well via pinmame. Just a thought before sacrificing machines to build new ones....

I'm not even sure what some of that is, but it sounds like a hell of a lot more work than taking a beat donor game built on the same platform and swapping out PF/roms to build a restored different game. JMO. I think there are enough ways to either reuse good parts in something else (lots of games out there need better parts!) for anything worth saving. I would assume most people who would do a conversion wouldn't just go out and beat usable parts (which aren't needed for the conversion) with a hammer. I know I wouldn't.

Lots of ways to skin this cat, should one care to do so..

#21157 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Donor pins
------------------------------Quantity produced-----------------------------Sales price
Hot Hand............................ 4117 ..................................................$1000.00
Meteor................................ 8362...................................................$1500.00
Galaxy ............................... 5130 ..................................................1200.00
Star Gazer........................... 869................................................... $9,000.00
Quicksilver .......................... 1201................................................. $8500.00
Wide Bodies
Flight 2000 ......................... 6301 ................................................ $2000.00
Cheetah............................... 1223 ................................................ $6500.00
Greatwich's production numbers for his Star Gazer play fields.
"around 100 Star Gazer play fields".
Seawitch play fields. "Around 40"
======================
Mirco Quicksilver play fields. Who knows? I forget how many QS play field harnesses Third Coast has said he made but less than 50.
====================================
Dragonfist 302 $5,000.00 +
The numbers support sacrificing some of these old Sterns and converting them.

This might sound kind of dumb
but I think those quicksilvers and stargazers have no "Pinball Soul" that are made from the meteors and galaxies. They never were in an arcade bar or bowling alley as a quicksilver or stargazer . I love my early ss for their play and how cool to think of all the games played on it and all the places they have been.
Just my goofy way of looking
at things.

I'm currently refurbing a meteor now.

#21158 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

but I think those quicksilvers and stargazers have no "Pinball Soul" that are made from the meteors and galaxies. They never were in an arcade bar or bowling alley as a quicksilver or stargazer . I love my early ss for their play and how cool to think of all the games played on it and all the places they have been.
at things.

While it's neat to think about the history these machines have--where they've been, what they've seen, and what's been done to them--I'd argue that any restore, not just conversions, loses this "soul" the second they get restored. New playfields, new paint on the cabinet, new backglasses, etc..the act of restoring is simultaneously the act of undoing the historical elements, all the patina and imperfections. It's not necessarily a "bad" thing, it's just "a" thing. JMO, I'm certainly not saying this is factual information. Merely my take on it.

#21159 2 years ago

I'm not even sure what some of that is, but it sounds like a hell of a lot more work than taking a beat donor game built on the same platform and swapping out PF/roms to build a restored different game.

It definitely is. One of my projects right now is documenting the difficulty in doing just that(F-14 pf to fully playable game, with options for original and enhanced rules) with an APC board. I'm also working on repowering a Middle Earth with a cobrapin.
I fully admit that I have a problem.
But, I'm just pointing out that there are options for building games like this that don't take donor machines. Or at least, not complete machines.

EDIT:
It occurs to me that I was just back in Kansas last week. I should have pinged you to grab a beer.

#21160 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

at things.

While it's neat to think about the history these machines have--where they've been, what they've seen, and what's been done to them--I'd argue that any restore, not just conversions, loses this "soul" the second they get restored. New playfields, new paint on the cabinet, new backglasses, etc..the act of restoring is simultaneously the act of undoing the historical elements, all the patina and imperfections. It's not necessarily a "bad" thing, it's just "a" thing. JMO, I'm certainly not saying this is factual information. Merely my take on it.

I hear you. I try to reuse all the original parts. I touched up playfield ....etc.etc.

#21161 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

It definitely is. One of my projects right now is documenting the difficulty in doing just that(F-14 pf to fully playable game, with options for original and enhanced rules) with an APC board. I'm also working on repowering a Middle Earth with a cobrapin.
I fully admit that I have a problem.
But, I'm just pointing out that there are options for building games like this that don't take donor machines. Or at least, not complete machines.

Lots of ways to skin a cat for sure.

JMO but I would think most people who would want to do a Quicksilver or a Star Gazer wouldn't want to do it without the end product being desirable as an "original"/"complete" game (IE using original parts--cabinet, platform, whatever) because it's a lot of work to do this and should the need to sell ever present itself, they wouldn't want to be handcuffed to any sort of oddball configuration that would limit their ability to sell. Kinda the same argument with putting a hardtop on a machine (which I've now done twice -- I don't care).

Like I said, I don't really *love* the idea of converting a perfectly good game into something else, but if the game is already crap -- with a gross cabinet, shot backglass, bad playfield, etc... I think it's perfectly fair to consider conversion to a rare game vs. dumping money into a game that's not worth much once done. If one has to spend $1000 to restore a $1500 game but can spend $2000 to turn it into a $6000 game they may never get to play otherwise? Well, from a dollars and cents standpoint it seems like an easy decision to me.

Quoted from ThatOneDude:

EDIT:
It occurs to me that I was just back in Kansas last week. I should have pinged you to grab a beer.

Absolutely! I didn't get any of the pins from the warehouse haul, unfortunately. I was really hoping to snag a Meteor. But... my old Meteor is one of the aforementioned projects on my list (CPR playfield, cab repaint, etc) and it will circle back to me someday. So, no REAL need to go grab one now. Just gives me more incentive to go visit my friend and play his.

#21162 2 years ago

Absolutely! I didn't get any of the pins from the warehouse haul, unfortunately.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the huge pile of pin parts that was in Wichita at Bob Nelson's Gameroom Warehouse. I like to think that it's still sitting somewhere in storage, waiting to be found....

#21163 2 years ago

While it's neat to think about the history these machines have--where they've been, what they've seen, and what's been done to them--I'd argue that any restore, not just conversions, loses this "soul" the second they get restored.

Agreed.

My restored Flash Gordon has far fewer OEM Bally parts in it than the Flash Gordon I'm building "from scratch"

#21164 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Agreed.
My restored Flash Gordon has far fewer OEM Bally parts in it than the Flash Gordon I'm building "from scratch"

I give all the props in the world to people who keep things original (original playfield, original plastics, original backglass, non-repainted cabinet, etc) and somehow churn out a really nice example..that's a hell of a challenge IMO. But at the end of the day is it better than a restored game with half of it being new production parts? Or a conversion? Or some other scenario? IMO it's all whatever you want it to be. As long as it's a working, playable pinball..it's pretty damn cool as far as I'm concerned.

#21165 2 years ago

My apologies! I did NOT mean to start this war!
I agree that they did make a ton of them so it’s a fair point to use games that had large production numbers. I just worry eventually they’ll end up “rare” like loads of other old EMs and early solid state titles that people used to think sucked and would fit for parts. Remember that back when these were coming out Stern games were basically scoffed at. This whole Classic Stern craze is relatively new.

Good luck to all of your builds though! I wish one of those cheap player Galaxy’s would come up near me!

#21166 2 years ago

I give all the props in the world to people who keep things original (original playfield, original plastics, original backglass, non-repainted cabinet, etc) and somehow churn out a really nice example..that's a hell of a challenge IMO. But at the end of the day is it better than a restored game with half of it being new production parts? Or a conversion? Or some other scenario? IMO it's all whatever you want it to be. As long as it's a working, playable pinball..it's pretty damn cool as far as I'm concerned.

I just ended up with a pile of parts left over from restoring FG and said to myself "hey I can build a pin from this!"

So here we are..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-part-ii-

#21167 2 years ago

I agree that they did make a ton of them so it’s a fair point to use games that had large production numbers. I just worry eventually they’ll end up “rare” like loads of other old EMs and early solid state titles that people used to think sucked and would fit for parts. Remember that back when these were coming out Stern games were basically scoffed at. This whole Classic Stern craze is relatively new.
Good luck to all of your builds tho! I wish one of those cheap player Galaxy’s would come up near me!

There was a $500 project one that was on CL a few weeks ago, never looked into it of course as I was busy with other things.

#21168 2 years ago

Good luck to all of your builds tho! I wish one of those cheap player Galaxy’s would come up near me!

Hahaha I don't think you started a war. Nothing wrong with some spirited conversation! I certainly can see the concern here but I would imagine the number of conversions that will actually take place (as noted above) is still going to be super low in the grand scheme of things. It's not an *easy* conversion to do. Hell I'm not even sure I'm really up to the task, but I'm damn well going to try.

I certainly didn't come from a background of classic Sterns but the more I play them, the more I love them. They're just so silky smooth when they're set up correctly and well maintained. I think it's great that other people are coming along for the ride as well. They deserve to be loved!

#21169 2 years ago

No need to apologize. It is merely a discussion on the merits or demerits of converting an old pin.

One pinsider was restoring his original Star Gazer. For his restore, he used a Greatwich play field and a Greatwich back glass. And I believe he went with Alltek boards. And of course, a new paint job on his OG cabinet.

I'm am building mine using a Dracula cabinet. A Greatwich play field. And a Greatwich backglass and Alltek boards. We both have the 16B-6 transformer. ETC.

Whose pin is most original if the only limiting factor is the serial number on the cabinet? And without more data from Stern, what good is a serial number?

I know this from when I was test playing my Star Gazer build. It is a blast to play !

#21170 2 years ago

Ok my thoughts...

On the topic of cannibalism and the death of one machine to save another, this is a hard call. I am all for getting a title I want working using a title that "sucks" in my own opinion, but that may not align with people who don't think the donor title "sucks". From a historical perspective, every time a pinball machine dies, a demon gets its wings, so breathing life into one by sucking the life out of another is not really doing the hobby many favors. I would rather see every viable machine restored to working order, but there are only a few copies of certain titles left, and without knowing it, someone may kill the last working version of a machine to restore/repair a title that has hundreds of copies still in existence. That is the downfall of cannibalism.

Now given a certain machine has no life left to give us due to blowout pf, or nearly totally flaked bg, or a cabinet that has seen dryer days, then, and only then should we consider it "dead" and it's carcass available for the vultures.

The thought of dumpsters full of old pinball machines still brings a tear to the eye...

#21171 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

They never were in an arcade bar or bowling alley as a quicksilver or stargazer

Just pretend they are NIB. So, no 20 years of living in a smoke infested bar.

#21172 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok my thoughts...
On the topic of cannibalism and the death of one machine to save another, this is a hard call.

People hate the analogy but many a muscle car has been saved by sacrificing a 4 door variant.

Quoted from Bublehead:

I am all for getting a title I want working using a title that "sucks" in my own opinion, but that may not align with people who don't think the donor title "sucks".

How many pins have been saved through aftermarket playfields and electronics that did not exist a few short years ago? Whole pins were tossed in landfills because there was no market for them dead with no replacement parts. How many pins have been built from virtual scratch? New cabinets, backglasses, wiring harnesses, etc. With the guys in Australia making Fathom and other classic Bally titles I'm curious how close the new parts will be to original stuff and available to the public.

Once "unloved" titles will appreciate in value once a certain level of them is reached making conversions a less attractive proposition.

#21173 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

People hate the analogy but many a muscle car has been saved by sacrificing a 4 door variant.

I think that's a terrific analogy.

#21174 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I think that's a terrific analogy.

No really because there's no four door versions in the pinball world, they're all the same prized coupe.

#21175 2 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

No really because there's no four door versions in the pinball world, they're all the same prized coupe.

Ro-Go is the equivalent of a 4-door Chevelle, IMO.

#21176 2 years ago
2906E35B-0F14-4929-9594-C9267222284A.gif2906E35B-0F14-4929-9594-C9267222284A.gif
#21177 2 years ago

I brought home one of these! Some say underrated game, some say a pile of Junk. It is not my favorite but it is my wife's favorite. It will fit in nicely with my WPC-95 collection. I am 4 games away from having all of them so "one step closer".

#21178 2 years ago
A97C8506-D13E-4074-9C33-E2C70BDE7EE2 (resized).jpegA97C8506-D13E-4074-9C33-E2C70BDE7EE2 (resized).jpegB89F20FC-EB0C-4E8A-8341-BB432CFE565A (resized).jpegB89F20FC-EB0C-4E8A-8341-BB432CFE565A (resized).jpegFBF83C49-72C8-41A5-A445-3235D468BE20 (resized).jpegFBF83C49-72C8-41A5-A445-3235D468BE20 (resized).jpeg
#21179 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Ro-Go is the equivalent of a 4-door Chevelle, IMO.

More like a four door Chevette!

#21180 2 years ago

Brought this home tonight. Was surprised to see a new rotten dog mpu combo driver board in it.

27B02618-99D7-4A1D-92DB-90E52898BB52 (resized).jpeg27B02618-99D7-4A1D-92DB-90E52898BB52 (resized).jpeg80A4937E-9B1A-4808-8AFC-227E51AFA5C1 (resized).jpeg80A4937E-9B1A-4808-8AFC-227E51AFA5C1 (resized).jpeg
#21181 2 years ago

Pin-sitting this half decent Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition for a buddy during his move. He inherited from his uncle, so it’s been sitting in a basement for a long time. Definitely looks like it got a lot of play, and there’s at least a few wiring hacks going on that I’m gonna have to figure out. I think he wired the coin drop switch up to one of the targets so that he wouldn’t have to put quarters in it and credits would rack up during play (facepalm).

Also some acid damage on the MPU board it looks like. Otherwise not bad!

1C96D2C6-2540-4B19-97BB-44F73E76FFCF (resized).jpeg1C96D2C6-2540-4B19-97BB-44F73E76FFCF (resized).jpeg4FC02885-BF33-4A85-929F-70FD91C5A91E (resized).jpeg4FC02885-BF33-4A85-929F-70FD91C5A91E (resized).jpeg6541EF30-AE07-4821-BEA1-BDA55290EDC7 (resized).jpeg6541EF30-AE07-4821-BEA1-BDA55290EDC7 (resized).jpeg
#21182 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I think he wired the coin drop switch up to one of the targets so that he wouldn’t have to put quarters in it and credits would rack up during play (facepalm).

If he had that much electrical knowledge to understand how to make that work... why on earth would he do something so dumb...?
At that point just jumper the credit button to the start button! People are so weird

#21183 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I brought home one of these! Some say underrated game, some say a pile of Junk. It is not my favorite but it is my wife's favorite. It will fit in nicely with my WPC-95 collection. I am 4 games away from having all of them so "one step closer".

WPC-95s are great machines. We’ve had a really nice Junkyard for a few years. We just brought it upstairs so my 3 year-old son can play it more. This is my wife’s fav pin too. It’s a quirky, oddball original theme for sure, but also a fun game with some clever features. The time machine is fun! Congrats on your addition and near completion of that series!

#21184 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

at things.

They will never play the same, as they were not factory built. It's more like a clone, copy of an original, but truly not an original. Or a Frankenstein pinball - many different parts made into one.

At the end of the day, we're all dying with very little time ahead of us on this planet, so what does it matter? I want to see someone really do something bold. Take a Dragonfist and convert it into a Meteor. That would make a great thread.

#21185 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

They will never play the same, as they were not factory built.

After 40 or 50 years in the field the originals dont play like factory built either.

#21186 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

After 40 or 50 years in the field the originals dont play like factory built either.

True, but they can be cleaned and brought back to a much better starting point (never as when it left the floor), but much closer than a Frankenstein machine that uses reproduction parts from top to bottom.

It's like building a "33 Hot Rod from Factor Five Racing. Is it a real 1933 Ford? No. It's a new car built to stay as traditional as possible.

#21187 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

True, but they can be cleaned and brought back to a much better starting point (never as when it left the floor), but much closer than a Frankenstein machine that uses reproduction parts from top to bottom.
It's like building a "33 Hot Rod from Factor Five Racing. Is it a real 1933 Ford? No. It's a new car built to stay as traditional as possible.

I think your summarization of a restored (new playfield, etc) machine as being "Frankenstein" is kinda laughable, but whatever boats your float lol.

#21188 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

They will never play the same, as they were not factory built.

I would hazard a guess that no two pinball machines coming off the line will play the same. They were not put together with precision in mind. Big Game had a GI light sitting right under a rubber in the sling area and I had to move that light.

#21190 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

much closer than a Frankenstein machine that uses reproduction parts from top to bottom.

What do you call a Star Gazer with a repro play field and all of the original parts under the play field were transferred to the new play field? Is it a Frankenstein or a Star Gazer with a repro play field?

#21191 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I would hazard a guess that no two pinball machines coming off the line will play the same. They were not put together with precision in mind. Big Game had a GI light sitting right under a rubber in the sling area and I had out move that light.

Exactly. I can show you on my Blackout in which they didn't even put the posts in the correct locations on the playfield. While restoring Flash Gordon I laughed like hell the stuff that was out of square from the factory that had to be corrected. I suspect half the line was stoned while slamming stuff together.

#21192 2 years ago
IMG_3095 (resized).JPGIMG_3095 (resized).JPGIMG_3097 (resized).JPGIMG_3097 (resized).JPGIMG_3112 (resized).JPGIMG_3112 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPG
#21193 2 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've only seen that one a couple of times. That looks great!

#21194 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What do you call a Star Gazer with a repro play field and all of the original parts under the play field were transferred to the new play field? Is it a Frankenstein or a Star Gazer with a repro play field?

A repro PF isn't the same as the original pf. I took my original QS pf and had it restored and cleared. So it isn't exactly factory, but still numbers matching.

#21195 2 years ago

I think your summarization of a restored (new playfield, etc) machine as being "Frankenstein" is kinda laughable, but whatever boats your float lol.

Frankenstein being a new pf, galaxy cab, retooled targets/mechs, plastics, new wire harness, new repo backglass, etc. A game with just a new pf I wouldn't call a Frankenstein machine.

Seriously though, if it floats your boat, rock on. We'll be dead in 30 years so it won't matter.

#21196 2 years ago

Get a room folks...

#21197 2 years ago

I've only seen that one a couple of times. That looks great!

Yes! But unfortunately people mostly own machines to play and that game plays well...umm.... let's just say "it plays".

On the topic of cannibalization... there are a few dynamics. You can have this perspective that no machine should ever be sacrificed but to me, that does not make sense. Every game is different. You can also say, chop them all up for the most value/resale value. I don't think that is the smart approach every time either. With both sides, sometimes it makes sense to chunk a game and make it into a better one and sometimes it does not. Depends on the game and what is your end goal.

Personally, I like the way original games in decent condition play. Have I restored a couple to "like new"? Certainly. Have I saved a few beat ones that should have been gutted and just repaired them anyway and kept them? YES again. Would I destroy a common game or even a rare one to make another rarity or another common game? Probably not but, if the details dictate that it makes sense to reach whatever my goal is, then I certainly would.

You can build ANY game from scratch if you are so determined. But, whether or not that makes sense is a matter of each individuals commitment to the time vs. the end result. If every single person's time was unlimited, no game should ever be sacrificed but, that is simply not the case. Everyone's time is always limited. If not by life, then by death itself.

#21198 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Yes! But unfortunately people mostly own machines to play and that game plays well...umm.... let's just say "it plays".

Haha, it *looks* cool..but I hear ya!

#21199 2 years ago

Scored a 90's Jurassic Park pin today. Probably not what you were thinking, but the price was right...$5...and the kids like it. It will go well with my Jurassic Park Pro.

PXL_20210813_185422444 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_185422444 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_193508658 (resized).jpgPXL_20210813_193508658 (resized).jpg
#21200 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Scored a 90's Jurassic Park pin today. Probably not what you were thinking, but the price was right...$5...and the kids like it. It will go well with my Jurassic Park Pro. [quoted image][quoted image]

HUO? Documented?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 64.99
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 28,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 573.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/424 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.