(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,121 posts
  • 1,558 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 minutes ago by dirkdiggler
  • Topic is favorited by 376 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,402 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5amigos (resized).JPG
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_27a8 (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_27a3 (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2798 (resized).jpg
65DD7314-5C4F-4F68-8832-FA7B8D57D338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3707 (resized).JPG
IMG_3704 (resized).JPG
IMG_3702 (resized).JPG
IMG_3697 (resized).JPG
jp (resized).jpg
goldeneye (resized).jpg
chimp_throwing_rock_corbis (resized).jpg
ta4 (resized).jpg
ta3 (resized).jpg
ta2 (resized).jpg
ta1 (resized).jpg

There are 14121 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 283.
#1651 3 years ago

Cool piece!!!

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from Kane:

Picked this up from a guy who rents space from me. Said it had been sitting in his basement for years covered by old clothing his wife had put on it. Haven't turned it on yet but he said the last time it was played the left ball save coil kept firing. He bought it from a bar but other than having just 5 leg bolts- rest were stripped out, right side of backbox decal completely missing and having to drill both locks to get it open it seems to be in good shape. Boards are clean and all the major plastics are in 1 piece, filthy but fine. And for free you can't beat the price

20160120_185710_resized_(resized).jpg20160120_185832_resized_(resized).jpg20160120_185821_resized_(resized).jpg20160120_185818_resized_(resized).jpg20160120_185827_resized_(resized).jpg

Nice find. I've had my eye out for one of these. The playfield looks pretty nice.

#1653 3 years ago

Picked this up today plug and play. I'm cleaning up the legs tomorrow. Should be sitting in place before fri. Really stoked

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1654 3 years ago

Nice topper!

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I bought this machine in working condition, while transporting it home the top section came loose, fell forward and broke the back glass, I am not a machine repairman, needless to say I no longer have an interest in this machine

Wow...that really sucks, especially for a low production game. Not often you see the bottom of the BB still attached to the cabinet. And to think removing four bolts could have prevented it all!! Good luck finding a replacement BG for that one. It's time for a rethemed pin!

#1656 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1657 3 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Well it wasn't today, but this last Saturday I picked up a Twilight Zone.

IMG_0287_(resized).JPGIMG_0303_(resized).JPGIMG_0294_(resized).JPGIMG_0286_(resized).JPG

It looks like you or the original owner did the Great Lakes Modular mod for the mini playfield removing those grey rubber caps that cover the mini-playfield switch kit. Wondering wh as the you think of it?

#1658 3 years ago

Bought these 2 at an estate auction. Picking them up next week

IMG_20160118_054837_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160118_055725_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160118_060330_(resized).jpg

simpson1_(resized).jpg

111b_3_(resized).jpg

111b_4_(resized).jpg

116b_5_(resized).jpg

116b_6_(resized).jpg

starwars3_(resized).jpg

116b_4_(resized).jpg

starwars5_(resized).jpg

simpson3_(resized).jpg

#1659 3 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

It looks like you or the original owner did the Great Lakes Modular mod for the mini playfield removing those grey rubber caps that cover the mini-playfield switch kit. Wondering wh as the you think of it?

I think the Great Lakes Modular mini playfield switch kit is one of the best mods for Twilight Zone. One of the previous owners installed this one but I don't think its that difficult to install. I would highly recommend it. It definately cleans up the look of the mini playfield and works great.

#1660 3 years ago

picked up at lunchtime....was local to where I work

WoF_in_car_(resized).jpg

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Bought these 2 at an estate auction. Picking them up next week

IMG_20160118_054837_(resized).jpgIMG_20160118_055725_(resized).jpgIMG_20160118_060330_(resized).jpgsimpson1_(resized).jpg111b_3_(resized).jpg111b_4_(resized).jpg116b_5_(resized).jpg116b_6_(resized).jpgstarwars3_(resized).jpg116b_4_(resized).jpgstarwars5_(resized).jpgsimpson3_(resized).jpg

Very nice pickup!

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

That looks like it is in spectacular shape!

#1663 3 years ago

Drove to PA and picked up this flawlessly restored Sing Along. Nick Raschilla is a master ...... And a heck of a nice guy!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1664 3 years ago

Very nice Sing Along. Congrats! My brother has one that is awaiting a restoration.

#1665 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Drove to PA and picked up this flawlessly restored Sing Along. Nick Raschilla is a master ...... And a heck of a nice guy!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

That's a beauty. One of my favorites when playing at Vic's.

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

flawlessly restored Sing Along

Gorgeous.

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Drove to PA and picked up this flawlessly restored Sing Along.

Really nice!

#1668 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

That game is friggin nice!!! I've been looking for a nice Sing Along for a long time...and you grabbed this one from my state!! Awesome find and great addition to your collection. Let me know when you're ready to sell LOL.

#1669 3 years ago

Was able to get this home before the snow storm....clean game with a NOS backglass included. Small board issue, but easily fixable. Excited to finally move this from my wishlist to my collection!! Now I'll use the snow as an excuse to sit here and LED it, rather than start chanting REDRUM and going insane...

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#1670 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I couldn't pass this up...

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Double-UP

~and~

Quoted from Pecos:

Production: 55

...holy...!

First of all, congrats on finding that treasure. Pretty amazing discovery, Pecos!

Also...

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Why was the backbox transported upright anyway and not lowered and strapped?

Quoted from Pecos:

The seller didn't know how to remove the backbox and hadn't read Pinside to learn the "proper" way to move a pin. Needless to say he was sick about it

Sounds like this wasn't the fault of Pecos, but an uninformed previous owner. Bummer, but I've seen Pecos' restores. I have faith he'll do this justice.

Also, also...

Quoted from Pecos:

***PICTURES GALORE***

Thanks for all this documentation. Neat to see the current state of this rare gem...and it'll be even better to compare them with the finished product.

Finally...

Quoted from Pecos:

Seller states: ...while transporting it home the top section came loose, fell forward and broke the back glass...

I just checked on the BGResto.com website. It doesn't look like this is a title they currently have in stock (as it is probably so rare it hasn't come across their scanning bed). You might consider them as a source for a new backglass (I can only imagine you will not be finding many NOS versions of Double-Up) and once they have it, that file could be used to help restore any of the other 54 left in the world. Just a thought.

Again, congrats on this great find! (Looking forward to the restore thread. )

#1671 3 years ago

Picked these 2 up yesterday on a trade. Not too sure yet about WPT, but going to it a fair chance.

20160124_160236_(resized).jpg

20160124_141312_(resized).jpg

#1672 3 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Picked these 2 up yesterday

Neat! Hard not to love BK2K. I had a hate-hate relationship with WPT until playing one at the Chicago Expo this past year that was dialed in and had a monster game. Didn't realize that game could be fun until then.

#1673 3 years ago

I'd like to have a world poker tour pin.

#1674 3 years ago

I had a BK2K for a while. Love the artwork, but got tired of it pretty quick.

Still have my WPT though...great pin.

#1675 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I had a BK2K for a while. Love the artwork, but got tired of it pretty quick.
Still have my WPT though...great pin.

Bk2k has some of the greatest music and lights in pinball and the backglass artwork speaks for itself. I believe in the year I owned it I developed carpal tunnel in my right wrist lol.

#1676 3 years ago

just unloaded and set up... works 100% but it will be my first attempt at a cab restoration

054_(resized).jpg

053_(resized).jpg

052_(resized).jpg

056_(resized).jpg

043_(resized).jpg

037_(resized).jpg

#1677 3 years ago

After years of searching, crunching numbers and passing up offers, I FINALLY found a killer deal on an Ice-Revue that was one short drive away. Man is this thing going to shine, I'm so stoked!
600 kilometers
4 ferrys
3 years of hunting
2 bags of chips
1 domestic argument with the wife
$0 paid at customs and it's FINALLY HERE!

Next to my woodie project
IMG_6103_(resized).JPG

One of the best backglass I've ever seen on this title.
IMG_6104_(resized).JPG
IMG_6105_(resized).JPG

Playfield has a bit of dirt but nothing crazy
IMG_6106_(resized).JPG
IMG_6107_(resized).JPG

Looks like it'll clean up Real nice!
IMG_6108_(resized).JPG

Absolutely spotless under the hood
IMG_6110_(resized).JPG

#1678 3 years ago

^^^nice find...the condition is amazing

#1679 3 years ago

Finally! I Finally got my Dr Who. I also got a nice Family Guy.

IMG_3091_(resized).JPG

#1680 3 years ago

Picked up this corvette project today. Sound and DMD both turned out to be easy fixes. It is a reimport and has a ton of hacks. Should be a decent game when done though.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1681 3 years ago

Corvette looks good!! Fun game and looks to be in relatively good condition for a project. Nice add to the line-up.

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Picked up this corvette project today. Sound and DMD both turned out to be easy fixes. It is a reimport and has a ton of hacks. Should be a decent game when done though.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Was this the project on CL? If I remember, that had a decent price.

#1683 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Was this the project on CL? If I remember, that had a decent price.

I think it was.

#1684 3 years ago

It was in fact the same one. It is going to take a lot of work to get going. I feel a lot better having gotten the sound and DMD issues lined out without spending any extra on them. However, the gates that it is missing appear to be almost impossible to find. At least on this continent.

#1685 3 years ago

Was last week but man this is a fast pin. Didn't know Pat Lawlor could make fast pins

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Was last week but man this is a fast pin. Didn't know Pat Lawlor could make fast pins

For some reason this title seems to be a "mystery" with new collectors.
People simply do not seem to even know he designed it for Stern, or it exists for that matter.
It actually is one of Pat Lawlor's "acceptable" Stern late model machines, and compliments games like I500 and Corvette well.
If that "bash toy" car in the middle had been removed and replaced with something else, it might have done even better overall.

#1687 3 years ago

Picked up this today - a throwback to my youth. I love that flopping fish! A tough machine but a great challenge.

P1317420_(resized).JPG

P1317419_(resized).JPG

P1317421_(resized).JPG

#1688 3 years ago

I'll pull out my trump card

IMG952891_(resized).jpg

IMG952895_(resized).jpg

IMG952898_(resized).jpg

IMG_2795_(resized).jpg

#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

A tough machine but a great challenge.

That looks to be in really great shape, actually. Congrats on finding a link to your past.

Quoted from pinaholic:

I'll pull out my trump card

Okay, you win this thread for today.

I had a BLAST on TH at Expo 2015. Can't believe they're finally shipping. You've gotta be lovin' life right about now.

#1690 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Nice score, Rens!

But... really? You didn't know Lawlor made fast pins? You probably never played a well dialed in Banzai Run, Whirlwind or No Good Gophers...

#1691 3 years ago

Picked up a totan one of my grail pins. I've got a lil work to do to it but I'm super stoked.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Drove to PA and picked up this flawlessly restored Sing Along. Nick Raschilla is a master ...... And a heck of a nice guy!/blockquote>

Nick's work is truly outstanding. Is that an original playfield or the new repro? Also, I noticed the game has the newer style coin entry bezel, with the plastic inserts. I've seen one other "Sing Along" like that, and it too was fully restored. That may be the title where Gottlieb made the transition from the flat coin entry, but I'm not sure. All other "SA" games I've seen have the older style.

#1693 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

After years of searching, crunching numbers and passing up offers, I FINALLY found a killer deal on an Ice-Revue that was one short drive away. Man is this thing going to shine, I'm so stoked!
600 kilometers
4 ferrys
3 years of hunting
2 bags of chips
1 domestic argument with the wife
$0 paid at customs and it's FINALLY HERE!
Next to my woodie project

That's a sweet "Ice Revue"! Nice find. Keep that baby all original; no repaint needed!

#1694 3 years ago

Only have room for one pin. Sold my first and just brought home my second ever. A Black Rose. Too pooped to set it up tonight. Will fire her up tomorrow but I brought it home today so here I post.

IMG_20160201_204704789_(resized).jpg

#1695 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Only have room for one pin. Sold my first and just brought home my second ever. A Black Rose. Too pooped to set it up tonight. Will fire her up tomorrow but I brought it home today so here I post.

IMG_20160201_204704789_(resized).jpg

Congrats, BR is a fun game!

#1696 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Only have room for one pin.

Famous last words of every pinball hobbyist

#1697 3 years ago

Finally got a deal on CL. Posted for 10 minutes when I called.

$200 Red jungle lord, almost working.
Pf is dirty but has very little wear.

Will look good next to my Black Knight!

image_(resized).jpeg

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Finally got a deal on CL. Posted for 10 minutes when I called.
$200 Red jungle lord, almost working.
Pf is dirty but has very little wear.
Will look good next to my Black Knight!
image_(resized).jpeg

Cool catch, congratulations! Does it have the early production backglass as well?

#1699 3 years ago

Brought Flash Gordon home Friday night. The place we used to vacation at had one when I was growing up and we played it every summer. I should have taken some pics because it was the first time in 31 years my dad, brother and I played this pin together.

20160130_112951_(resized).jpg

#1700 3 years ago

Unfortunately the Jungle Lord backglass is cracked and will need to be replaced. I had never seen a red machine before, too bad.

What do you expect for $200? I'll probably spend more on the bg than the rest of the pin.

If anyone has one laying around or has any leads, please let me know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 14121 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 283.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside