(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,150 posts
  • 1,559 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 minutes ago by locksmith
  • Topic is favorited by 376 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,422 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A16AB578-7D9A-448E-A523-590063FD7574 (resized).jpeg
44880304-1F38-4135-99F5-108B9D5DFF63 (resized).jpeg
98E0BE47-787F-418B-A108-4979C43658E3 (resized).jpeg
82C26891-CAF3-4D5F-BCCA-E7DFEB2190E8 (resized).jpeg
25BC382A-88C0-4821-B670-DB5FCFA605F4 (resized).jpeg
1785AFFB-ABFE-47E4-91F6-C3C5024D1230 (resized).jpeg
20191120_205501 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191119_170539.jpg
2003 Z06 Corvette and 2015 Harley XL1200C Sportster (resized).jpg
7EC434CB-1548-4674-9C7A-7BC31AC5E42C (resized).jpeg
20190708_205045 (resized).jpg
A5C2E297-B3A9-4E9F-BF10-2C1E10130E5D (resized).jpeg
B0DBE02C-9DB3-4143-B165-04A6CAFA8750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191119_195002469 (resized).jpg
CB4384C5-6FD2-4885-92B2-0FD773602921 (resized).jpeg
DC1F184F-D740-4DE8-9028-3C4B7D900EA2 (resized).jpeg

There are 14150 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 283.
#1601 3 years ago

Lucked out on this one, grabbed it for free a couple days ago from a family friend whose parents bought it new back in the early 80s and didn't want it anymore! Little bit of playfield wear, backglass is in mint condition. Powered it up last night, and everything seems to be working (aside from a few blown lamps) except for the solenoids.

20160105_194559_(resized).jpg

20160105_194614_(resized).jpg

20160105_194714_(resized).jpg

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from Piratedan200:

Lucked out on this one, grabbed it for free a couple days ago from a family friend whose parents bought it new back in the early 80s and didn't want it anymore! Little bit of playfield wear, backglass is in mint condition. Powered it up last night, and everything seems to be working (aside from a few blown lamps) except for the solenoids.

20160105_194559_(resized).jpg20160105_194614_(resized).jpg20160105_194714_(resized).jpg

Nice. Free is always good.

#1603 3 years ago

This showed up from gwaxt72.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from eraserhead:

This showed up from gwaxt72.

image_(resized).jpeg

Only one???

#1605 3 years ago

This time, yea... I'm all out of places to put games.... My employer has been kind enough to look the other way while I keep a few at the office for my staff and others to play while my basement builds out.

I fully expect to get back on it in the april/may timeframe

#1606 3 years ago

Flash Gordon from Tom in Connecticut. Now in its new home in Jersey.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1607 3 years ago

Congrats Brian! I had to sit on my hands so I didn't call for this bad boy. Enjoy!

#1608 3 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Congrats Brian! I had to sit on my hands so I didn't call for this bad boy. Enjoy!

Sitting pretty right next to your SI.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1609 3 years ago

GoT, not mine but helping a public location build up a location to play. They are about 2-3 A-list games away from being an amazing location.

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1610 3 years ago

Just got a hold of an RBION. I fell for it on Pinball Arcade (went from dislike to absolute like), and had help from a friend to make this happen.

I am pleased to report that the gameplay is even better in the real than I hoped! My question is, does the sickness start with the first pin... ...or the second?!?

IMG_20160109_210315907_(resized).jpg

#1611 3 years ago

It was a Spooky Christmas for me ... Great to see all of these games finding homes!

amh_(resized).jpg

amhwrap_(resized).jpg

amhbox_(resized).jpg

#1612 3 years ago

Never owned one, figure i would give it a try!

P1080546.JPG

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Just got a hold of an RBION. I fell for it on Pinball Arcade (went from dislike to absolute like), and had help from a friend to make this happen.
I am pleased to report that the gameplay is even better in the real than I hoped! My question is, does the sickness start with the first pin... ...or the second?!?

IMG_20160109_210315907_(resized).jpg

yes !

#1614 3 years ago

Been here for a couple days now. A very nice Lady Robin Hood and a HUO Fun Park.

fun_(resized).jpg

#1615 3 years ago

Brought home a few more today....

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Wow, nice Gottlieb/Sega score. And an Atari even.

That Rack 'em Up in the back is a seldomly seen gem. A simple, but pretty addictive game.

A gameplay video for it is here:

#1617 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nice haul there, I'm patiently waiting for a ice cold beer to pop up near me.

#1618 3 years ago

This is my first grail game. It's in really nice original condition. The previous owner did a bunch of work, new legs, plastics, new power supply. Plays like a beast!

2016-01-11_08.03.16_(resized).jpg

#1620 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Wow, two ICBs, that is a great haul. Nice to see that SG too

#1621 3 years ago

Picked up a project EM, my oldest game yet: 1961 Williams Reserve

I really need a back glass and some plastics. This is definitely a full project.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1622 3 years ago

I saw an add for non working Zaccaria Hot wheels yesterday. I have called and the seller wanted $120 for it. In my mind I was expecting a total wreck, but because he lives close to me I went there to check it out. When I got there I could not believe the condition of the playfield. I paid him immediatelly and told him that I ll pick the game next day. He had Lost World backglass sitting on the shelf and I asked him about the machine. He parted it out about a year ago, but kept all the boards, backglass and fully populated playfield in really good condition. Today as I picked up the game he told me than I can have all the Lost world stuff for $50 and I gladly accepted the offer . He was an operator back in the days and he had operated lots of pins. He told me that he had various Zaccaria machines. I have showed him the Zaccaria pinball app on my phone and he remembered operating Space Shuttle, Earth Wind Fire, Fire Mountain and Star God. He said that Star God and Space Shuttle were the best earners and very reliable.
The playfield is dirty, but once I clean it will be about 9.8/10 condition. All plastic are intact and so are all the targets/drop targets. Interior of the game and underside of the playfield is immaculate.The pics do not do game the justice as it was quite dark in his garage. It is also interesting that the plastics are not yellowed at all. My guess is that the game broke in 1982 (some kind of licensing sticker with 1982 date on the backglass) and the game was just moved between warehouses since.
And now on to the pics:

IMG_0776_(resized).JPG
IMG_0777_(resized).JPG
IMG_0775_(resized).JPG
IMG_0779_(resized).JPG
IMG_0778_(resized).JPG
IMG_0781_(resized).JPG
IMG_0782_(resized).JPG
IMG_0783_(resized).JPG
IMG_0784_(resized).JPG
IMG_0785_(resized).JPG
IMG_0787_(resized).JPG
IMG_0789_(resized).JPG
IMG_0790_(resized).JPG
IMG_0788_(resized).JPG
IMG_0791_(resized).JPG

#1623 3 years ago

That game is sweet

#1624 3 years ago

Those Zacks are kind of cool

#1625 3 years ago

Wow Rygar Congrats! What a score, she looks great.

#1626 3 years ago

Just got my last pinball purchase for a while, a Data East Time Machine. Jaaaackpot! What a cool game.

20160112_201516_(resized).jpg

20160112_201252_(resized).jpg

#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Just got my last pinball purchase for a while, a Data East Time Machine. Jaaaackpot! What a cool game.

Goes well with the old school theme of your Diner and Whodunnit.

#1628 3 years ago

Well it wasn't today, but this last Saturday I picked up a Twilight Zone.

IMG_0287_(resized).JPG

IMG_0303_(resized).JPG

IMG_0294_(resized).JPG

IMG_0286_(resized).JPG

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Well it wasn't today, but this last Saturday I picked up a Twilight Zone.

IMG_0287_(resized).JPGIMG_0303_(resized).JPGIMG_0294_(resized).JPGIMG_0286_(resized).JPG

Looks great! Original unfaded cabinet or a re-decal?

#1630 3 years ago

Beautiful TZ!! I have a lot of favorite games but TZ is my real favorite!

I like how yours has the lit speaker panel - lettering, etc. I have seen that before but never looked into doing it - I need to.

#1631 3 years ago

Nice TZ

Really like that chrome....

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Looks great! Original unfaded cabinet or a re-decal?

I'm pretty sure it's an original cabinet.

#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Well, technically not today... but 2 days ago I picked up this baby! It was posted on Marktplaats (the Dutch Craigslist, sort of) for free pickup and I was the second caller. The seller (Bob) promised to call me back in case the first caller should cancel. So I hung up, thinking 'argh! if only I had seen that ad a few minutes earlier!' A few minutes later though, I get a call from Bob, telling me the first caller has in fact cancelled. (Now who on earth would cancel picking up a free pin?!) But, Bob told me that the machine wasn't free anymore: he did want to have some money for it. Uh ow...
Long story short: I wasn't planning on getting another pin, as my small appartment is already pretty stuffed... But for 50 euro's, who would resist?
I always thought that this is a very underrated (or undiscovered maybe?) title. Probably because it's the successor of one of the all-time classics. This ís Dave Christensen's last piece of art at Bally, though... Plus it's got all the goodness of an early 80's Bally, like multiball and speech. I'm loving it.
Sadly, the backglass is flaking on the underside. Luckily, I have a spare one that looks a lot better. The playfield is pretty nice. Has mylar, but has some wear in places without it. And some idiot attached the Little Demon with too long screws.
Although very risky, I'm planning on taking the mylar off and clearcoating it. In my opinion, the Christensen artwork on this playfield should shine like the backglass does.
Above all, I'm a very happy camper. This hobby does keep you busy, doesn't it?

FB2_playfield_(resized).jpg$_85_(resized).JPGFB2_klein_(resized).jpg

Damn...To late..

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Nice TZ
Really like that chrome....

Actually the only part of the chrome that is nice are the legs. The side rails are stock rails and someone covered them with a chrome wrap. In person they look like crap. The lockbar is chromed and the top is nice but there is a spot on the front edge, so it isn't perfect. These are the reasons I will have the armor powder coated black, plus I really like that look. I will keep the chrome legs, I have another set of black legs that I will have powder coated. If I can find a nice original lockbar I will keep the chrome one or sell it.

#1635 3 years ago

I see what you mean now that I've taken a closer look.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I see what you mean now that I've taken a closer look.

Oh and I forgot that who ever chromed the head hinges chromed the wrong side. The insides are nice but the side you see looks like the backside of a chrome bumper. It's still a nice machine and will be great after powder coating.

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Oh and I forgot that who ever chromed the head hinges chromed the wrong side. The insides are nice but the side you see looks like the backside of a chrome bumper. It's still a nice machine and will be great after powder coating.

That cabinet alone is worth the purchase. It's really hard to find an original unfaded cabinet on this game.

#1638 3 years ago

Today's "oh this football game seems boring" score. Replied to the craigslist ad tight before the half of Seattle/Carolina. I scored, and Seattle almost pulled it off.

received_10207166750659410_(resized).jpeg

#1639 3 years ago

Just got it in on Sat. Look for it at TPF.

IMG_2826_(resized).JPG

#1640 3 years ago

I love delivery day!

P1180409_(resized).JPG

It's 10 degrees F out today, so the game was frosty when it arrived. I took off the glass and will wait a few hours to let it acclimate before I plug it in.

P1180411_(resized).JPG

My Junk Yard came with this promotional clock...

P1180413_(resized).JPG

... and a medicine bottle in the cabinet.

P1180415_(resized).JPG

But I quickly figured out that this is how the seller secured the balls and key.

P1180416_(resized).JPG

#1641 3 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Zaccaria Hot wheels

Wow. That's gorgeous. Thanks for all the pics. Please alert us of a restore thread so we can gaze upon it some more. Seriously. Beautiful!

-Ryan

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I love delivery day!

Smart idea with the medicine bottle. If you do not have a cashbox, this does work good. I have used Centrum vitamin bottles duct taped to the bottom of the inside of the cabinet. A little better than plastic bags to protect new balls if individually wrapped and the keys are never lost.

#1643 3 years ago

I couldn't pass this up. I was looking for another EM project and the price was right. I called an hour after being posted to CL, sight unseen, without even looking it up on IPDB. I was surprised that I was the first to call and that this is such a rare pinball machine.

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Double-UP / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1970
Production: 55 Serial # 1003
Cost: $70 + $30 bonus + future help finding and fixing a pinball machine for seller.

Condition: OP: "I have a 1970 Bally Double Up pinball machine, this machine was produced for one year, only 55 were ever produced ( according to the Bally website), I bought this machine in working condition, while transporting it home the top section came loose, fell forward and broke the back glass, I am not a machine repairman, needless to say I no longer have an interest in this machine, the glass pictured is broken, I have not touched it since it was taken off the trailer, $70, that's less than a quarter of what I paid for it, its rough, but a very rare machine, according to the Bally website, there are none for sale anywhere at this time. I have also checked out eBay and all the rubber bands and bumpers are still available, I assume many machines used the same rubbers."

double_up_day1_cabinet_left_back_(resized).jpg

double_up_day1_cabinet_left_front_(resized).jpg

double_up_day1_cabinet_front_(resized).jpg

double_up_day1_backbox_front_(resized).jpg

Cabinet work needed. This is why the the backglass is broken. The backbox cabinet came apart at the base during transport.
double_up_day1_backbox_bottom_(resized).jpg

Cracked backglass
double_up_day1_backglass_back_(resized).jpg

double_up_day1_backglass_front_(resized).jpg

#1644 3 years ago

More pics of Bally 1970 Double-Up:

double_up_day1_backbox_rear_(resized).jpg

double_up_day1_playfield_full_(resized).jpg

The two red posts are not original and will be removed. I'm clueless why someone would put them on the playfield in this position.
double_up_day1_playfield_top_(resized).jpg

Two more posts that will be removed.
double_up_day1_playfield_bottom_close_up_(resized).jpg

Thanks to a wonderful seller here in Tucson, I have a new project that I can really sink my teeth into. My plan is to keep this pinball as original as possible due to the low numbers produced. NO paint touch-ups planned on this.

#1645 3 years ago

Last week. Plays great. I've been looking for a few years.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

This is why the the backglass is broken. The backbox cabinet came apart at the base during transport.

Why was the backbox transported upright anyway and not lowered and strapped?
Could the bolts not be removed?
Was the back section of the EM backbox unremovable to access the bolts?

This always equals bad karma events.
Sounds like a harsh lesson was learned in this situation.
If a backbox is completely $#%@ed (it happens), it best to still remove the backglass and use a cardboard sleeve with padding.

#1647 3 years ago

Been crossing my fingers on getting this one again

image_(resized).jpg

#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Why was the backbox transported upright anyway and not lowered and strapped?

The seller didn't know how to remove the backbox and hadn't read Pinside to learn the "proper" way to move a pin. Needless to say he was sick about it - especially when he found out what it would take to repro the original. It's a lesson to us all. I will try to make lemonade out of lemons and maybe something good will come from it.

#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

The seller didn't know how to remove the backbox and hadn't read Pinside to learn the "proper" way to move a pin. Needless to say he was sick about it - especially when he found out what it would take to repro the original. It's a lesson to us all. I will try to make lemonade out of lemons and maybe something good will come from it.

I sure hope it turns out well, so sad when such rare stuff gets broken

#1650 3 years ago

Picked this up from a guy who rents space from me. Said it had been sitting in his basement for years covered by old clothing his wife had put on it. Haven't turned it on yet but he said the last time it was played the left ball save coil kept firing. He bought it from a bar but other than having just 5 leg bolts- rest were stripped out, right side of backbox decal completely missing and having to drill both locks to get it open it seems to be in good shape. Boards are clean and all the major plastics are in 1 piece, filthy but fine. And for free you can't beat the price

20160120_185710_resized_(resized).jpg

20160120_185832_resized_(resized).jpg

20160120_185821_resized_(resized).jpg

20160120_185818_resized_(resized).jpg

20160120_185827_resized_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.95
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Fe, NM
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Adrian, MI
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6,999.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wien, WIEN
There are 14150 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 283.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside