(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,641 posts
  • 2,295 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by PanzerKraken
  • Topic is favorited by 582 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

435071209_440076048595169_956296317004543607_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1452 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1453 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1451 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1448 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1446 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0327.jpeg
IMG_6671 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6670 (resized).jpeg
There are 28,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 573.
#1551 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

They dont come any cheesier than this...

20151230_192844_(resized).jpg20151230_194232_(resized).jpg

That game is so great.

#1552 8 years ago

Well, technically not today... but 2 days ago I picked up this baby! It was posted on Marktplaats (the Dutch Craigslist, sort of) for free pickup and I was the second caller. The seller (Bob) promised to call me back in case the first caller should cancel. So I hung up, thinking 'argh! if only I had seen that ad a few minutes earlier!' A few minutes later though, I get a call from Bob, telling me the first caller has in fact cancelled. (Now who on earth would cancel picking up a free pin?!) But, Bob told me that the machine wasn't free anymore: he did want to have some money for it. Uh ow...

Long story short: I wasn't planning on getting another pin, as my small appartment is already pretty stuffed... But for 50 euro's, who would resist?

I always thought that this is a very underrated (or undiscovered maybe?) title. Probably because it's the successor of one of the all-time classics. This ís Dave Christensen's last piece of art at Bally, though... Plus it's got all the goodness of an early 80's Bally, like multiball and speech. I'm loving it.

Sadly, the backglass is flaking on the underside. Luckily, I have a spare one that looks a lot better. The playfield is pretty nice. Has mylar, but has some wear in places without it. And some idiot attached the Little Demon with too long screws.

Although very risky, I'm planning on taking the mylar off and clearcoating it. In my opinion, the Christensen artwork on this playfield should shine like the backglass does.

Above all, I'm a very happy camper. This hobby does keep you busy, doesn't it?

FB2_playfield_(resized).jpgFB2_playfield_(resized).jpg

$_85_(resized).JPG$_85_(resized).JPG

FB2_klein_(resized).jpgFB2_klein_(resized).jpg

#1553 8 years ago

came back yesterday from the longest pinball drive i ever did: 7 hours one way. what can i say, i really wanted this RFM in perfect condition

can`t wait to play!
cheers

20151230_142533_(resized).jpg20151230_142533_(resized).jpg

#1554 8 years ago

Picked this up late last night. Thanks to Mike @ Great American Pinball!

image1_(2)_(resized).JPGimage1_(2)_(resized).JPG

#1555 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

20151230_192844_(resized).jpg20151230_194232_(resized).jpg

Nice to see the topper is there!

#1556 8 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Picked this up late last night. Thanks to Mike @ Great American Pinball!

image1_(2)_(resized).JPG

LICK IT UP!

#1557 8 years ago

I got a Santa Baby

santa_baby_006_(resized).JPGsanta_baby_006_(resized).JPG

santa_baby_007_(resized).JPGsanta_baby_007_(resized).JPG

santa_baby_001_(resized).JPGsanta_baby_001_(resized).JPG

santa_baby_002_(resized).JPGsanta_baby_002_(resized).JPG

#1558 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Game looks like it's in excellent condition though...good find.

#1559 8 years ago

Look what I found! NFL!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1560 8 years ago

Just picked up a really nice BSD to go with my doctor who and fish tales...my lightning flipper trio is complete!!!

#1561 8 years ago
Quoted from pantherpinball:

Look what I found! NFL!

One of the rarest modern Sterns.

#1562 8 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Well, technically not today... but 2 days ago I picked up this baby! It was posted on Marktplaats (the Dutch Craigslist, sort of) for free pickup and I was the second caller. The seller (Bob) promised to call me back in case the first caller should cancel. So I hung up, thinking 'argh! if only I had seen that ad a few minutes earlier!' A few minutes later though, I get a call from Bob, telling me the first caller has in fact cancelled. (Now who on earth would cancel picking up a free pin?!) But, Bob told me that the machine wasn't free anymore: he did want to have some money for it. Uh ow...
Long story short: I wasn't planning on getting another pin, as my small appartment is already pretty stuffed... But for 50 euro's, who would resist?
I always thought that this is a very underrated (or undiscovered maybe?) title. Probably because it's the successor of one of the all-time classics. This ís Dave Christensen's last piece of art at Bally, though... Plus it's got all the goodness of an early 80's Bally, like multiball and speech. I'm loving it.
Sadly, the backglass is flaking on the underside. Luckily, I have a spare one that looks a lot better. The playfield is pretty nice. Has mylar, but has some wear in places without it. And some idiot attached the Little Demon with too long screws.
Although very risky, I'm planning on taking the mylar off and clearcoating it. In my opinion, the Christensen artwork on this playfield should shine like the backglass does.

FB2_playfield_(resized).jpg$_85_(resized).JPGFB2_klein_(resized).jpg

Great Find!

#1563 8 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Just picked up a really nice BSD to go with my Doctor Who and Fish Tales...my lightning flipper trio is complete!!!

Congrats, all cool games!

Hate to bring it to you though: You still need a Popeye to complete your lightning flipper collection...

#1564 8 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

This actually is a very interesting pinball machine in terms of its development history beyond its connection to the original EM, Fireball Classic. Worth doing some reading to go find what I am referring to. I won't spoil the surprises. Use lots of goo gone or naphtha, soft heat, and a lot of patience. Seal the backglass with Triple Thick IMMEDIATELY, so you can ask least save it for a wall hanger.

#1565 8 years ago
Quoted from pantherpinball:

Look what I found! NFL!

Did you get the "unicorn running on clouds" framed picture included?
It would not be complete without it.
(You might need to do a little history checking on this one)

#1566 8 years ago

I did not. I picked up a different one out of OK. however I am looking for a unicorn picture.l, if you know of one.......

#1567 8 years ago

Not today but a couple days ago

#1568 8 years ago

Got a nice HUO chrome Met pro from Stretch

#1569 8 years ago

Looks like a nice huo baywatch congrats! That chrome looks sick on MET! Dont see that trim very often but well worth it on a great pin!

#1570 8 years ago

That Bay Watch looks like it's brand new.

#1571 8 years ago

How I wish had a Baywatch..... that will be my next pinball.

MM

OUT

#1572 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This actually is a very interesting pinball machine in terms of its development history beyond its connection to the original EM, Fireball Classic. Worth doing some reading to go find what I am referring to. I won't spoil the surprises. Use lots of goo gone or naphtha, soft heat, and a lot of patience. Seal the backglass with Triple Thick IMMEDIATELY, so you can ask least save it for a wall hanger.

Thanks for the tips, man! I can't seem to find the background info you're referring to, though... Can you tell me where it is?

#1573 8 years ago

Brought home my FIRST today! Happy New Year indeed. This POTC was previously owned and mod-ed by TopMoose, who is a really great guy. The sound mods he has done really make the game great.
I may have a chance at getting my wife hooked. (She is currently tolerant of the new obsession, but not excited.)

#1574 8 years ago

Aah....I remember having my games at angles because it looked cool now they are inches apart!

#1575 8 years ago

Yzfguy: I hope to get to that point soon!

#1576 8 years ago

Oh, you will.......

#1577 8 years ago

Happy New Year to me!

Brought this bad boy home today. My son loves it!

IMG_20160101_151820_(resized).jpgIMG_20160101_151820_(resized).jpg

#1578 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Aah....I remember having my games at angles because it looked cool now they are inches apart!

My first thought was "oh look at that empty room ... that won't last"

#1579 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Happy New Year to me!
Brought this bad boy home today. My son loves it!

IMG_20160101_151820_(resized).jpg

Well it looks like you beat me to it. How was Mr. MacDonald? He seemed like a nice fella. The game looks pretty cool.

#1580 8 years ago

Congratulations on your new sickness. Good luck with that wife thing.

#1581 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well it looks like you beat me to it. How was Mr. MacDonald? He seemed like a nice fella. The game looks pretty cool.

He's a real good guy. Has LOTS of machines! Only reason I picked Robo over Police Force was due to the rarity. Not sure if I'll ever sell it because of how much I'm going to have to put into it (needs new plastics all over the place and a new display), but when the day comes, I'll know they made three times as many PFs as they did Robos.

"The wrecking crew is here!"

#1582 8 years ago

A few new ones right before the New Year! Happy Happy Happy. Most recent, an original MM. Hope 2016 rocks!

20151228_134907_(resized).jpg20151228_134907_(resized).jpg

20151228_134731_(resized).jpg20151228_134731_(resized).jpg

20151228_134902_(resized).jpg20151228_134902_(resized).jpg

hqdefault_(resized).jpghqdefault_(resized).jpg

jp-pfafter2_(resized).jpgjp-pfafter2_(resized).jpg

20151219_150558_(resized).jpg20151219_150558_(resized).jpg

20151219_150540_(resized).jpg20151219_150540_(resized).jpg

#1583 8 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Thanks for the tips, man! I can't seem to find the background info you're referring to, though... Can you tell me where it is?

I will give a clue, "Dave".

#1584 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Happy New Year to me!
Brought this bad boy home today. My son loves it

RC is highly underrated.

#1585 8 years ago

I can finally participate in this thread. On Friday I picked up a project Lightning. It's my second pin and my first project. It's a players cab but the PF is very nice and the only issue was 2 lifted and curled inserts. I fixed those yesterday and already started stripping and tumbling all the playfield metal parts. I stated troubleshooting the MPU and since the 5101 chips tested bad I am swapping over to NVRam. Hopefully I will have it up and running in 2 weeks.

20160103_083724_(resized).jpg20160103_083724_(resized).jpg

#1586 8 years ago

Jacks Open!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1587 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

RC is highly underrated.

100% agree. Mine isn't in the best shape, and I'm still loving it. I'm excited to see how it all plays once it's fixed up.

#1588 8 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

I can finally participate in this thread. On Friday I picked up a project Lightning. It's my second pin and my first project. It's a players cab but the PF is very nice and the only issue was 2 lifted and curled inserts. I fixed those yesterday and already started stripping and tumbling all the playfield metal parts. I stated troubleshooting the MPU and since the 5101 chips tested bad I am swapping over to NVRam. Hopefully I will have it up and running in 2 weeks.

20160103_083724_(resized).jpg

Awesome title. Kinda miss mine. My brother is borrowing it because of my space issues...

Were the 2 big blue inserts warped? That was an issue on all Lightnings I've seen. Mine had almost all of the smaller arrow-inserts warped as well. It got a clearcoat after I fixed all the insert issues. Does the speech on yours still work?

#1589 8 years ago

Nip-it came home yesterday.

#1590 8 years ago

I moved a bunch of games around today, and added this one to the Pinball Co-op collection.

2016-01-03_12.54.15_(resized).jpg2016-01-03_12.54.15_(resized).jpg

#1591 8 years ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

Brought home my FIRST today! Happy New Year indeed. This POTC was previously owned and mod-ed by TopMoose, who is a really great guy. The sound mods he has done really make the game great.
I may have a chance at getting my wife hooked. (She is currently tolerant of the new obsession, but not excited.)

image_(resized).jpeg

You need to raise the rear leg levelers. The game must play terribly slow with them screwed all the way in.

#1592 8 years ago

Very true fattdirk! I was so excited to take a picture and post here that I hadn't leveled the machine yet! I downloaded a couple of leveler apps and now it's at 6.5 degrees and is playing nicely. My long-suffering wife played a couple of games when it was flat and said she had never had such good "luck" at pinball. I barely had the heart to tell her.

#1593 8 years ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

I barely had the heart to tell her.

But you did. lol

#1594 8 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Awesome title. Kinda miss mine. My brother is borrowing it because of my space issues...
Were the 2 big blue inserts warped? That was an issue on all Lightnings I've seen. Mine had almost all of the smaller arrow-inserts warped as well. It got a clearcoat after I fixed all the insert issues. Does the speech on yours still work?

Yes...it was the 2 blue triangles. The rest of them are OK for now. I'm waiting on a few chips for the mpu so I am not sure if the speech works. All of the boards are extremely clean but I only get 2 flashes on the mpu so I ordered some nvram to replace it. We will see if that fixes it.

#1595 8 years ago

We picked up a really nice Mary Shelly Frankenstein off of a pinsider while visiting the wife's family over the New Years. The game is error free, cab is in great shape and the playfield already has Cliffy's and only issues are the right ramp is cracked and Franky has a broken finger (which I am sure both will be tough to source!). I got it home only to find it developed a speaker hum but we will get it figured out!

20160104_193729_(resized).jpg20160104_193729_(resized).jpg
20160104_193826_(resized).jpg20160104_193826_(resized).jpg

#1596 8 years ago

A low play, mint playfield Jet Spin!
The big 4 player nearly killed me.
Damn that thing was heavy. The flip'n head box musta weighed 100Lbs alone.

#1597 8 years ago

GOTLe #3 and a beautiful, restored Cow Poke.

#1598 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Got a nice HUO chrome Met pro from Stretch
image_(resized).jpeg

Chrome looks killer on this.

#1599 8 years ago

Congrats on the GOT LE I'm loving mine!

#1600 8 years ago

been wanting one of these for awhile now , plays alright but needs some work.... got me a project of sorts

20160106_162127[1]_(resized).jpg20160106_162127[1]_(resized).jpg

20160106_162148[1]_(resized).jpg20160106_162148[1]_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 169.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 573.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.