(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,654 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,000 posts in this topic match your search for posts by colsond3. You are on page 2 of 4.
#6284 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm super pumped about it. I was looking for project games and that is what I got. I will get it all lined out eventually. Probably going to have to get some guidance on replacing those inserts though.
The horror parts I haven't shown yet lol. The solenoid driver section of the mpu is torched and this things comsumed at least two packs of wire nuts in its lifetime. I have a new mpu and don't care a bit to fix all the hacks though so all is good. I appreciate the help

No problem. My buddy Bill redid one that had the burnt inserts, so let me know and I can hook you up with him. He will give you good guidance.

I looked at a game a few weeks ago that had more wire nuts than I could count.

3 weeks later
#6536 6 years ago

Finally joined the club...and with a minty HUO at that.

IMG_2510 (resized).JPGIMG_2510 (resized).JPG
IMG_2514 (resized).JPGIMG_2514 (resized).JPG
IMG_2513 (resized).JPGIMG_2513 (resized).JPG
IMG_2515 (resized).JPGIMG_2515 (resized).JPG
IMG_2517 (resized).JPGIMG_2517 (resized).JPG
IMG_2519 (resized).JPGIMG_2519 (resized).JPG

IMG_2502 (resized).PNGIMG_2502 (resized).PNG

#6540 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is that the one from allentown?

No, it's from a guy about 20 minutes from me. Game hasn't left his basement since he bought it NIB. Pro LED with some good mods, and I have a box of some I've been saving up that I might put on it.

#6553 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Finally set up....

That thing looks sweet Ted. I'll take it when you're done with it.

#6554 6 years ago

First solid state...and this one was apparently modified for HUO before leaving the factory. Cabinet is excellent with no fade, and everything is exceptionally clean.

IMG_2174 (resized).JPGIMG_2174 (resized).JPG

IMG_2164 (resized).JPGIMG_2164 (resized).JPG

IMG_2162 (resized).JPGIMG_2162 (resized).JPG

IMG_2144 (resized).JPGIMG_2144 (resized).JPG

IMG_2171 (resized).JPGIMG_2171 (resized).JPG

IMG_2175 (resized).JPGIMG_2175 (resized).JPG

And another game appearing to be HUO, in great condition. Receipt inside the coin box confirms HUO since at least 1995. Added LED's and some rubbers as soon as I got it home. An interesting title and not a game you see every day. Cabinet is in absolute excellent shape.

IMG_2308 (resized).JPGIMG_2308 (resized).JPG

IMG_2309 (resized).JPGIMG_2309 (resized).JPG

IMG_2321 (resized).JPGIMG_2321 (resized).JPG

IMG_2324 (resized).JPGIMG_2324 (resized).JPG

IMG_2334 (resized).JPGIMG_2334 (resized).JPG

IMG_2329 (resized).JPGIMG_2329 (resized).JPG

IMG_2336 (resized).JPGIMG_2336 (resized).JPG

Then one more trip...in the same house for 42 years. And I don't think they cleaned it off much.

IMG_2202 (resized).JPGIMG_2202 (resized).JPG

IMG_2204 (resized).JPGIMG_2204 (resized).JPG

IMG_2260 (resized).JPGIMG_2260 (resized).JPG

IMG_2231 (resized).JPGIMG_2231 (resized).JPG

IMG_2234 (resized).JPGIMG_2234 (resized).JPG

#6562 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

From what I've read and seen, there were a few more than just 2 or 3 of each title that left the factory like that. I think I can account for at least 4 distinct Rock On's configured for home use.

Quoted from DennisDodel:

I wonder if the home models had serial numbers.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would think so--it sound be enough to check.
colsond3, is there a serial number on it? It should be on the back of the game in the upper left corner of the cabinet body near the neck.

I was already contacted by Jay at IPDB. He came across it in this thread, and told me it's actually quite rare. Force is right, just a few made of each game that left the factory this way. He asked about the serial number also, which I found near the right flipper button.

And this one definitely matches all the criteria on IPDB for the coinless HUO version. No coin slots or mechs, BG blacked out, no credit display, etc. Pretty damn cool that it's at least somewhat rare.

IMG_2159 (resized).JPGIMG_2159 (resized).JPG
IMG_2161 (resized).JPGIMG_2161 (resized).JPG
IMG_2156 (resized).JPGIMG_2156 (resized).JPG
IMG_2576 (resized).JPGIMG_2576 (resized).JPG

#6571 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

It came out of a coin op warehouse. He had tons of nice stuff. He had been in business for decades so I assumed that he knew his stuff. He asked for $1k and I just shook his hand. Didn’t even bother to haggle. He had an adams family that was buried behind a wall of video games that he was asking $4k for (more than I could spend).

Awesome. TOTAN for 1k, either way, is fantastical.

#6593 6 years ago

Was gonna say pics or it didn't happen, but you beat me to it. That's awesome

#6604 6 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Grabbed two SS Bally projects pins last week.

Quoted from dasvis:

I was eyeing those in Roseburg & should have jumped on them dammit.
At least they went to a good home..

Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats! 2 fun games! That supersonic looks like it is in great shape!

They are nice....I think my definition of "project" differs a little from Steve's haha (possibly flaked BG, rough cab, wear on PF, etc). Those things look great....the Supersonic looks like it was refurbed already. Definitely an awesome find if you got them for project prices.

#6605 6 years ago

AWESOME! I'll be more than happy to drive out and take it when you're done with it.

#6629 6 years ago

Always hard to pass up a Sys 11 at a decent price.

IMG_2673 (resized).JPGIMG_2673 (resized).JPG

IMG_2674 (resized).JPGIMG_2674 (resized).JPG

IMG_2687 (resized).JPGIMG_2687 (resized).JPG

IMG_2689 (resized).JPGIMG_2689 (resized).JPG

#6643 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Better half approves. We played for three hours straight last night. Greatsession and so happy to have this one!

Definitely. That's not a title you see every day. Looks like a nice example too.

#6655 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I am not sure I will be able to keep this one. My 5 year old already freaked out about it being too scary.

It's nothing compared to a Freddy. My 4 year old daughter loves BSD...calls him Mr. Dracula haha. Tough it out...it is too awesome to give up.

IMG_1430 (resized).JPGIMG_1430 (resized).JPG

Then setting up Road Kings I brought home last week she literally said "you're not putting the bolts in right." I apparently had to sit through a lesson. Hilarious. She'll be on Pinside criticizing all of us within a couple years at this rate.

IMG_2682 (resized).JPGIMG_2682 (resized).JPG

#6663 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

That's awesome your daughter is getting involved. Too cute!

Quoted from Crispin:

Colson that's a priceless pic of you and your daughter!

Quoted from nascarrey:

Cutest pictures on pinside!

Quoted from spfxted:

Cuter than THIS??

She is my pride and joy...the fact that she loves pinball makes it so much sweeter.

And Ted, unlike you, she can actually work on the games already. Hahahahahaha....and she says " be careful, can't hurt the field."

IMG_2327 (resized).JPGIMG_2327 (resized).JPG

IMG_2729 (resized).JPGIMG_2729 (resized).JPG

#6667 6 years ago

Thanks for the comments folks...she's amazing. Sorry to jump the thread off track momentarily. Up until a few days ago, weren't many posts pouring in.

Quoted from nikpinball:

Every once in a blue moon a game that just sat on your wish list for years because it's so rare or expensive finally pops up for sale and it was a 15 minute drive away (that last part actually never happens).

Awesome pick up...game looks like it's in great shape. There was one at Pintastic, and it was marked as sold pretty damn quick. And the last part so true...at least you and your brother didn't have to trek all the way out to my house again!

#6670 6 years ago
Quoted from Zami77:

My first pin, just set it up last night! I bought it a few months ago but I had to wait til my apartment was set up to have it shipped out.

And so it begins......

Welcome to the illness...er, I mean hobby.

#6691 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Nice looking duo. Hurricane is such a fast difficult game

Definitely a nice pick up. Although most people scream for Cyclone, I actually prefer Hurricane. More ramps, more shots and just more fun to play IMO. Had a very nice one a long time ago, and it played fast as hell (and suffice to say some family preferred it over my horror-themed pins ----- no idea why ). Some people complain that the two Ferris wheels slow down gameplay too much, but it really doesn't. Plus I take it as a time to rest, shake my hands and readjust my power stance. Step right up!!!

#6701 6 years ago

Took my BSD and MSF to @ryandimx's wedding today, so I'll be bringing them back home later. Does that count?

IMG_2736 (resized).JPGIMG_2736 (resized).JPG

IMG_2737 (resized).JPGIMG_2737 (resized).JPG

IMG_2739 (resized).JPGIMG_2739 (resized).JPG

IMG_2740 (resized).JPGIMG_2740 (resized).JPG

#6726 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Only if you report how many plays they got

Hahaha. About 70 each. Not too shabby. At least some kids gave it a whack...

IMG_2741 (resized).JPGIMG_2741 (resized).JPG

IMG_2742 (resized).JPGIMG_2742 (resized).JPG

#6746 6 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Brought home this dusty Bally Flip Flop! Manual, Schematics, Score Cards, $9.50 worth of quarters, coin box, near perfect BG. PF is nice as well.

Not necessarily a theme for me, but it's such a colorful game and actually fun to play. I would probably grab one if I found one locally. I've seen a few before, but I kept flip-flopping whether to grab them.

#6749 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Your braver than me my luck someone intoxicated would spill a beer or drink all over the machine or worse yet vomit all over it than you'd have a pukeula or barfenstein pin

Pincups. And glad nobody broke my custom Dracula cup. There was some monkeyflippin going on, but I hovered nearby to supervise.

#6750 6 years ago

Brought home last night. Have to rearrange to set it up, but one pic and a few more I took before we broke it down. This thing is cherry.

IMG_2776 (resized).JPGIMG_2776 (resized).JPG

IMG_2759 (resized).JPGIMG_2759 (resized).JPG

IMG_2754 (resized).JPGIMG_2754 (resized).JPG

IMG_2757 (resized).JPGIMG_2757 (resized).JPG

IMG_2763 (resized).JPGIMG_2763 (resized).JPG

IMG_2760 (resized).JPGIMG_2760 (resized).JPG

IMG_2765 (resized).JPGIMG_2765 (resized).JPG

#6753 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

You mean the guy looking up her skirt with a boner?

Can't say I noticed the position of that in particular either, and I've had three DEB's before. Shoot the Batcave just took on a whole new meaning.

1 week later
#6879 6 years ago

Brought this one home a month or so ago, but just had a chance to set it up.

IMG_2939 (resized).JPGIMG_2939 (resized).JPG

IMG_2940 (resized).JPGIMG_2940 (resized).JPG

#6886 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

That's not the one player Orbit that Gary had? I see more problems with that game, maybe because it was the first one I ever played? Looks good any problems with it?

One player? I did grab it from Gary when he was swinging down by the area. It is intermittently jumping the second and fourth player, but otherwise plays perfect. Might be the stepper unit. It's definitely a players game by the playfield and BG condition, but cab is really nice and it's a fun EM.

#6919 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I like the one you are showing also along with the Volley and is that a Atlantis?

Edit: Already answered.

#6957 6 years ago

"Good condition" is a pretty wide spectrum of describing machine condition. The term mint...not so broad and more defined, yet still often misused. If somebody said good condition and the game was just dirty and had a few issues, I'd be happy as hell.

Nice pick up either way, F14 is a fun game.

#6975 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Nice! What condition?

Judging by the cabinet, looks pretty nice. Good find.

#6997 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't be jelly, come play it!

I'm jelly too. You've picked up a few good rare titles in the last couple months.

#7031 6 years ago

I wonder what the Prem and LE look like?

#7033 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

You mean you don't already have them and taking up too much space

You bastard LOL. We are all in this illness together.

#7046 6 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Saw this on the Facebook marketplace for $1,000, which is way too much. Offered $400 and to come now and we have pin #5!

Flash for $400 is never a bad deal. And if you tire of it, always a decent game for re-theme.

#7057 6 years ago

The ride home is always better. Especially when she's in the car to keep you company.

IMG_3201 (resized).JPGIMG_3201 (resized).JPG

#7061 6 years ago

Took a puff or two...trying to concentrate on driving. Then I realized I was parked to take the picture.

#7064 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

I give her 3 weeks b4 she's overcrowding the collection and your selling her like the pin whore that you are

Sometimes they don't have to stick around long to have fun with them.

I do need room for the holidays, so my therapy deal to myself was if I move one another can take its place. Sold my BF and my DE Batman in the last two weeks, so I've technically still downsized. Drops mic and finishes putting legs on. Haha.

IMG_3203 (resized).JPGIMG_3203 (resized).JPG

IMG_3211 (resized).JPGIMG_3211 (resized).JPG

IMG_3210 (resized).JPGIMG_3210 (resized).JPG

#7067 6 years ago

I could have traded a BK2K for Elvira several years back. The Elvira had a few issues but was super nice. I was mesmerized by BK2K light and music though. A month later my wrist hurt so bad from only using the right flipper and I had major regret not making the deal. Super fun pin.

BK2K is definitely a great and attractive game (and the audio does rock), but given the choice between the two I think I would definitely opt for Elvira.

#7081 6 years ago

Not necessarily a machine I was looking for but it seems like a pretty fun game so far.

That happens to me all the time. Actually a fun, underappreciated game with cool audio. Should enjoy it for a while, and you can usually find them for a pretty decent price. Nice grab.

#7086 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

T shirt was a place holder for a space until game showed up - which wasn't long at all !

Awesome!!! PF layout is sooooo much better than SW. Ramps look fun to shoot.

#7087 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Awesome!!! PF layout is sooooo much better than SW. Ramps look fun to shoot.

#7098 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Last night's pick-up. I saved it before it got tossed in a dumpster by a landlord who was cleaning out stuff that a tenant left behind.
It was one of the most difficult games I've ever cracked open--it took most of the afternoon. The key was missing, the door was rusted shut, the lockbar receiver was rusted shut, and the playfield hooks were rusted to the receiver. Surprisingly, the ball was not rusty at all. The playfield parts were rust free as well. The game was in a garage, and I'm guessing there was a spill that was aggravated by being stored next to some road/sidewalk salt.
Since I already have a Sinbad and plenty of other winter projects, I may pass this along to someone else. I'm pretty sure I have a lockbar receiver, playfield hooks, and apron kicking around. Lockbars and coin doors aren't too hard to find. Once I locate those parts, I'll probably put up an ad in the marketplace.

Playfield looks pretty nice. Good save.

#7105 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Brought home a rough container pin BSD that will get the full restore treatment next year. I have wanted one for a few years now, I'm so happy i finally got one that i can carry out a full rebuild on.

Awesome. You grab the tombstone cover in anticipation of getting one? If you need another, let me know.

#7117 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Never thought I would find one of these for sale. Guess the rare game you’re not looking for is the one you find...

Awesome pick up!! Some of the best audio in a game in my opinion. I grabbed one last year and ended up having to move it, but luckily my buddy has it and I have first dibs to get it back.

#7126 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Hmm, I don't have it?

You have enough of my games!! LOL. You would like 1812...it's a fantastic game.

Quoted from dhard:

No i got first dibs lol

Yes you do.

Quoted from yzfguy:

It's got new rubbers!

Beat me to it, you bastard.

#7177 6 years ago

So who's the lucky bastard that made out like a bandit and brought this home?

IMG_3469 (resized).PNGIMG_3469 (resized).PNG

#7179 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I’m not entirely convinced it was legit.

No? It was up in your neck of the woods, at least somewhat. If it was, maybe we will see it for sale here in the next day or two for more than double the price.

Hopefully a flipper didn't get it if the ad was legit, as I definitely would've made a drive and grabbed that for my permanent lineup.

#7182 6 years ago

Try a tube shot!!

IMG_3478 (resized).JPGIMG_3478 (resized).JPG

#7186 6 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Just picked up this early Stern, Cheetah. It's one of the rarer ones at only 1223 made.

Nice...I'll take it when you're done with it. My daughter has an odd infatuation with her stuffed cheetahs of every size. Or maybe just an infatuation with taking advantage of me...every time she wants something and I say no, she comes back with "but it's for my cheetahs" haha

#7189 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

colsond3 Get your daughter a stuffed mascot for the Patriots. They’re cheetahs too...

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Or get her 5 rings and a stuffed GOAT...

She already has a seat on the Wentz Wagon

#7191 6 years ago

IMG_3482 (resized).JPGIMG_3482 (resized).JPG

#7194 6 years ago

IMG_3517 (resized).JPGIMG_3517 (resized).JPG

IMG_3516 (resized).JPGIMG_3516 (resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7197 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Nice grab colson hitting me in my weak spot with the bally ss i know it will have a short shelf life with ya haha!

Nah...this one will be staying for a while. Regretted selling my last one. And Gorgar just left, so this will take its place. Definitely prefer this game. The war of the first talking pins in my house......Bally won.

1 week later
#7252 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Picked up an Elektra, no legs, no keys so I had to drill out one lock. But it was a steal at $500.

I've always wanted an Elektra, but I've missed out on a couple and you just don't see them that often anymore. Almost had one two years ago, but when I went to look at it the whole underside of the playfield was rusted and the game was in pretty rough shape. Of course, the guy still wanted a pretty decent price for it, so I walked. Very nice grab though, and for an excellent price.

#7283 6 years ago

The garage won’t close and the trough won’t kick the ball out. I’m going to try to start trouble shooting it this weekend.

The Y switch down in the garage is often very problematic in that game, or at least the actuator on the switch is. I've bought some from Little Shop of Games....I know he carries them.

1 week later
#7353 6 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Rocket III must have had the worst factory cabinet paint of any game ever made. I have never seen one with the original paint that didn’t look terrible.
That On Beam looks nice...more pics please.

Definitely...two great games, and Fire Queen is pretty damn good too. That's a great trio for a day's grab.

#7385 6 years ago

Does completing a restoration after 7 months (well, just about done), bringing the game back in, putting it together and booting it up for the first time count? It sure feels like I just brought a different game home.

For anybody that didn't see the resto thread, threw up two "before" pictures in the beginning below just for reference.

IMG_7135 (resized).JPGIMG_7135 (resized).JPG

IMG_7141 (resized).JPGIMG_7141 (resized).JPG

IMG_4191 (resized).JPGIMG_4191 (resized).JPG

IMG_4201 (resized).JPGIMG_4201 (resized).JPG

IMG_4202 (resized).JPGIMG_4202 (resized).JPG

IMG_4199 (resized).JPGIMG_4199 (resized).JPG

IMG_4200 (resized).JPGIMG_4200 (resized).JPG

#7388 6 years ago

Thanks fellas...on my 7th game already. Haha. Still have to add some white accents in the stencils and finish some things on the backbox, but was so itching to play this thing given that it's 95 percent done.

Thanks to sohchx (Devin) too. This cleared playfield feels like freaking glass. So fast.

#7394 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Did you get a deal on gnr? Lockdown bar looks rough

That's not a big deal. You can powder coat it for $30, or buy a new one from Marco for 80.

#7407 6 years ago

I have been trying for five years to save these two bad cats. No they are not the super rare orange version lol. They both have some playfield wear but both boot up. I should get a decent player out of it.

Awesome. I wish you were closer. I would take whichever one you had left over.

1 week later
#7487 6 years ago
Quoted from jk3443:

Just picked up my first machine on Saturday! F-14 Tomcat, played it for an hour then the right flipper let out the magic smoke, ahhh. Time to learn some new skills!!!

Looks like a nice example. Congrats, and welcome to the madness. Like AA, you'll find that pinball collecting is a 12 step program.

#7497 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Two machines in fantastic shape, especially EBD.Its about as nice as you'll find.

And on top of it, your dog looks awesome.

#7510 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Never thought I'd have a Diner but couldn't pass up this beaut!

Does look nice...an often underrated and overlooked game due to the theme. Actually quite a blast to play, and can last if you have a lineup of more than 4 or 5 pins with choices. Congrats!!

Quoted from J85M:

Finally restored some of my favourite Sterns back into my collection, that I was forced to sell a few years back, thanks to my lovely ex!

Congrats!! Back to the status quo...

#7538 6 years ago

Yes!! When you get a delivery from Shay, it's like bringing home a new game.

IMG_4559 (resized).JPGIMG_4559 (resized).JPG

IMG_4560 (resized).JPGIMG_4560 (resized).JPG

#7543 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The BG's Gottlieb produced simply were the best ever made. My Circus and Star Race are fabulous! Did you check with mayfairamusement Colsond3? They carry a lot of NOS BG's rather than repro. Wish someone would do the mirror repro's. I want one for my Circus.

I did check with Mayfair at Pinfest last year, said he didn't have any but he would check. Didn't hear back. Mine was shot with a ton of spot flaking, and this game is next up for the resto block after I finish Vamp, which is just about done. Shay only had two left when I asked him about a month or two ago, so I wanted to grab one while I could. The art on this game is too excellent not to have a minty BG.

I too wish someone would do the mirrored BG's, but apparently it's pricy and a somewhat arduous process, or hard to replicate. Funny hearing someone say that something done in the 70's and 80's is "hard to replicate" these days.

#7558 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I got a glass from Shay this week too. Tis the season he's sending them out.

Nice Odiner. Of the people that don't like repro glasses, I don't get it. If one is shot, I don't care if it's original. I would rather have a much prettier new and nice one, even if in some, the colors are a hair off from the original. That's mostly the woodrails though.

It could be the thickness. A lot of Williams glasses, like Gorgar, are often shot. Bally and Gottlieb glasses really are often decent or great.

System 1's in my experience, not so much for some reason. I've had quite a few CE3K's, and those glasses are often flaked. Buck Rogers too. But I've had a few Xenons and Black Holes, and they seem to hold up pretty well.

#7565 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I might add, each piece was mint..

Man, what a bummer. Such a great glass.

#7569 6 years ago

Oh yeah? Top this NIB beauty!!!

IMG_4587 (resized).JPGIMG_4587 (resized).JPG

#7574 6 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I brought home this 7 pointer from the taxidermist. Bow hunting in my backyard a year ago. It will hang in my gameroom.

It would be a good topper for a Big Buck Hunter pin

#7610 6 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

A few days ago... Loving it so far!

Was that the one from Jersey? I love the blipping and bleeping at game over on that thing...should have never sold mine (actually I got ripped off in a trade, but that's a story for another day).

#7615 6 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

That's the one. It needed a fair amount of work done to get it going. The 5v was bad on the power supply board, RAM was bad, the rubbers had deteriorated and fell off, half the bulbs looked like factory original, one display panel was out, etc. Luckily it is in good shape overall, it just needed 25 years of preventative maintenance done all at once. I am starting to look into modding in a shaker motor...because the torpedo blasts just beg to have some shaking to go along with the light show!

Definitely. I put a PinScore display in the one I had...definitely recommend the upgrade.

#7624 6 years ago
Quoted from ctswhole:

We made it fit two pins in a mini van. I wrapped them well and drove easy they made it just fine from California to Oregon. I am loving both of them the Iron man is amazing and my wife loves the spider man black.

Nice games....look like excellent examples. Do you know where the seller got the alternate translite for IM?

#7632 6 years ago
Quoted from Herk:

A Beach Beauty bingo! It's our first bingo and a blast to play! We got our first game (the Pat Hand) less than two months ago. How did this happen?? HAHA

Game looks nice. Get used to it, you'll have 10 before you know it.

#7673 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Time Fantasy delivered from the east coast

I wonder if that's the Time Fantasy I was playing at Pintastic last year...nice grab. Such an awkwardly awesome and attractive game.

#7676 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I don't know. Seller lives in Vermont.

I'd bet some cheddar that's the one. Not a game you see too often.

And if it is the one, that thing was in fantastic shape.

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I think the Time Fantasy at Pintastic had some significant wear, that one there looks incredible.

I don't know James...I think you're mistaken.

The one I played up there was in the free play area on the end....and it was nice. @zacaj, ForceFlow and I spent a good amount of time staring at it.

#7719 6 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Addams Family came home today from master Keith Holbrook's restoration shop. While here, we pulled the ratty rails and original legs off Dracula and chromed it out with black chrome hinges, to match TAF.

Very nice...and it looks like you have the BSD tombstone mod I distributed together with Morpheus.

#7720 6 years ago

Picked up a very nice example of a single player today. Thanks Pete!

IMG_4808 (resized).JPGIMG_4808 (resized).JPG

#7729 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Nice grab and would you care to share the title

Dothedoo did it with some constructive word play

And the best part is her belt buckle.

IMG_4823 (resized).JPGIMG_4823 (resized).JPG
IMG_4824 (resized).JPGIMG_4824 (resized).JPG

IMG_4825 (resized).JPGIMG_4825 (resized).JPG

#7739 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Bon Voyage is among the more controversial of Dave Christensen backglasses. Apart from the belt buckle, note that there are two people falling, sans parachutes, from the airplane.

Ha...I saw that. Definitely odd, but there are a few odd things on this backglass. It's all funny to me.

#7753 6 years ago

IMG_4866 (resized).JPGIMG_4866 (resized).JPG

IMG_4867 (resized).JPGIMG_4867 (resized).JPG

IMG_4874 (resized).JPGIMG_4874 (resized).JPG

IMG_4876 (resized).JPGIMG_4876 (resized).JPG

IMG_4877 (resized).JPGIMG_4877 (resized).JPG

#7756 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you never quit, colsond.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks fun! Never seen that one

I had never seen one either, definitely an interesting find.

#7761 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I was just going to say.....is there ever a day when you DON'T bring a game home?

Last Tuesday.

I've only posted in this thread a few times....

#7801 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anybody have anything to trade??

Have fun with your strippers Ted.

#7803 6 years ago

I just thought I'd throw a few more pics out because I finally set this up tonight, and it's so damn nice. I always chuckle like a little kid when I lift up the playfield on a game from the 70s and all the mechs are still shiny.

Game wasn't even illuminating or booting, of course the fuse clips were snapping off with a slight touch. Replaced/upgraded the blocks...now she's rolling!

IMG_4959 (resized).JPGIMG_4959 (resized).JPG

IMG_4956 (resized).JPGIMG_4956 (resized).JPG

IMG_4963 (resized).JPGIMG_4963 (resized).JPG

IMG_4964 (resized).JPGIMG_4964 (resized).JPG

IMG_4972 (resized).JPGIMG_4972 (resized).JPG

IMG_4976 (resized).JPGIMG_4976 (resized).JPG

IMG_4973 (resized).JPGIMG_4973 (resized).JPG

IMG_4975 (resized).JPGIMG_4975 (resized).JPG

#7805 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Have you noticed the passengers falling out of that Aeroplane?

Hahaha...yeah, Pete and my buddy Bruce pointed it out. I like it...kind of morbid with no rhyme or reason.

IMG_4974 (resized).JPGIMG_4974 (resized).JPG

IMG_4977 (resized).JPGIMG_4977 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#7848 6 years ago

I know anything is possible, but I have to say I've been a paramedic for 15 years. Only once in my entire career in that profession have I seen loose apparatus or items inside of a vehicle cause a significant injury.

Sure with a child in the car, it would be a good idea to try to secure the pin. But I take my daughter with me to get pins all the time. I am much more careful and cautious when she is with me. Your chance is much greater to get T-boned by some idiot texting while they are driving.

There is absolutely no reason to suggest you shouldn't take your kids with you to get games, just be smart, safe and take the proper precautions.

#7849 6 years ago

Now to get the thread back on track…was able to work out a trade deal and ended up with a small Bally in the car

IMG_5077 (resized).JPGIMG_5077 (resized).JPG

#7853 6 years ago

What is sleep?

And I have to give myself credit, three left and one came in. It's still progress in the battle to have more space. Who could pass up an Embryon? Well, apparently not me. Woo hoo!

IMG_5078 (resized).JPGIMG_5078 (resized).JPG

#7863 6 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Got lazy this Saturday and passed up a nice buck rogers. In Sacramento for $275.

#7867 6 years ago

Set it up...little Bally corner. Emby needs some work, but at least it's another one scratched off the wish list.

IMG_5098 (resized).JPGIMG_5098 (resized).JPG

#7895 6 years ago
Quoted from scaryflippers:

A small Bally nice pick i love wide body pins

Definitely takes a little getting used to. Luckily, Embryon has a boatload of shots to make, and a ton of captive balls to keep it interesting. Looks like a damn monster next to Xenon. Now I need to find a nice Space Invaders. Missed out on two of them in the last few months.

Quoted from NPO:

What do you do after you have successfully completed a deed in lieu on your home and you're financially free?
You buy your first NIB game (GoT Pro) in over 2 years!!!!!!

That's awesome. Congrats.

#7896 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Got my first EM! Scored this GTB Bank Shot for $250 off of Craigslist. Been in a home the last 30 years. Some dingus poorly repainted the outside of the cab,

I restenciled a Sure Shot two years ago. I think it has the same cab art, and I might still have the stencils I used if you're interested and I can find them.

#7907 6 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

I'm still happy to own my first classic Stern.

That's a hell of a pick up to have as your first classic Stern!!! Catacomb rocks.

#7924 6 years ago
Quoted from pantherpinball:

Look what just showed up. I now own 2 of these.

It's nice…but I'm waiting for the Eagles Super Bowl edition to pick one up myself.

#7930 6 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Made the 8hour drive and traded Aerosmith for this chestnut chromed h2o fully restored with new playfield !

That thing looks sweet! Love WH2O with color DMD. Nice grab.

#7933 6 years ago

No...another one? Wasn't planning on grabbing this, but didn't want it to sit for another 10 years untouched. Another one saved from certain peril.

IMG_5271 (resized).JPGIMG_5271 (resized).JPG

#7936 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Straight Flush?

Good eye Alex.

#7946 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

You are a machine when it comes to finding new pinballs!

Got a call from a friend that someone he had dealt with through his business had a pinball sitting in storage and they were trying to get rid of it. If not, it was just going to sit and rot there, because they didn't want to "give it away for nothing". I was able to get him to a reasonable price...at least a price worth saving it so I loaded it up. 45 mile trip each way was probably the shortest I've made in a while.

Quoted from spinal:

If someday you find your fellow addicts suggesting you might have a problem...

Oh, I definitely have issues...most of us do.

My main problem is space (aside from the addiction), and I wish I never had to sell any of the games I've purchased (well, maybe dups). Then again, had I never sold any, I'd be up to my ears in pins at this point. If I can't get to them, I pass them on so at least they don't sit rotting in a shed or garage somewhere.

#7957 6 years ago
Quoted from pfcjimmy:

Not sure if I'll be getting any work done tomorrow...

Because of the TDK, or because you pick up that full-size shield during the day and you're really Captain America?

How dare you mix Marvel with DC?

#7975 6 years ago

To say the least lol. Also, I do not have the first picture as to how any of this came apart lol. I am a glutton for punishment. I will play this game!!! It may cost me a fortune lol but I will play it

I'm sure somebody has reassembled one on here. Or see if anybody at least has a few pictures they can take of the back of the playfield, then the front. You'll get there. May the force be with you.

#7984 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Got this today off the island of misfit stern pinballs and i like it

Great pick up. I actually like that game quite a bit. And you can grab one for a decent price.

Just finished my first trip, and I'm heading right back out. I didn't even go to grab this game, but it was so nice I had to take it. I really have a problem.

IMG_5325 (resized).JPGIMG_5325 (resized).JPG

#7986 6 years ago

Trip #2. Then stopping off at rehab to talk it out and hopefully get some help. Or maybe the therapist will have a game she's looking to get rid of.

IMG_5328 (resized).JPGIMG_5328 (resized).JPG

IMG_5323 (resized).JPGIMG_5323 (resized).JPG

#7988 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Insane how do you find so many machines? I need some pointers!

Sometimes no idea. Occasionally I look, and other people just call me from word of mouth. It's crazy because I don't even scour CL, eBay, and other apps nowhere near as much as I used to.

I don't think I've ever seen an unfaded original Captain Fantastic. This thing is friggin nice. It's not drilled, and has all original paperwork. I think it may be a HUO. It has service records, and didn't look like it ever left the basement of the house I grabbed it from. I'll have to go through the papers tomorrow. It even has a package of Wico posts inside the coin box that looks like it's from the 70s or 80s.

IMG_5329 (resized).JPGIMG_5329 (resized).JPG

IMG_5331 (resized).JPGIMG_5331 (resized).JPG

IMG_5332 (resized).JPGIMG_5332 (resized).JPG

IMG_5333 (resized).JPGIMG_5333 (resized).JPG

IMG_5324 (resized).JPGIMG_5324 (resized).JPG

#7991 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Monte Carlo another very under rated Gottlieb that you can get at a fair price I miss mine and now colson can you make it bling like this

I've only played it a few times. People wanted both games gone, so I made two trips. And damn, yours did look nice.

The cabinet and PF on this one are really nice. Has a crack in the speaker panel which I have to look at. As soon as I saw the games, I told him I would take both.

#8003 6 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

5 straight days of rain isn't going to mess up my pinball game. Grabbed a Raven and a Lethal Weapon 3 this weekend.

Looks like a few of us toughed it out in the rain.

And too funny. I helped Casey buy and set up that game two years or so ago. The ramp lift coil was burnt I believe. Needed a shop job too, and I think one of the standups was busted and needed to be replaced. Lost touch with him shortly after that, so not sure what he ever fixed. Hope it wasn't too hard getting it down all those stairs. It was certainly a pain in the ass getting it up them back then.

Quoted from ckcsm:

Looks alot nicer than my Captain Fantastic that's next up in my shopping que

Yours doesn't look bad at all. Lucky for me, the one I picked up was in a dark basement, far away from any sunlight.

#8005 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Colson-
Let us know what the serial number is on your CF. The paint scheme on the coin door has the red reversed from the blue which should indicate an early production. Maybe you even scored a non-starred glass or over the top version. I need some of your luck

Serial #1131. Matching backbox and cabinet. It is a no stars glass. I knew/know about the stars vs. no stars glasses, but not about the different painted cabs.

Didn't come across a receipt unfortunately, just a few service receipts from the 80s, but it does have the original envelope (that I had to tape back together), schematics, instruction cards and other tech updates.

IMG_5383 (resized).JPGIMG_5383 (resized).JPG

#8013 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Forget the Captain Fantastic... I want your Vampire

Not sure if you ever looked at my restoration thread, but after the work I did to this thing somebody would have to pry it out of my dead hands. But if I ever do decide to move it I'll let you know.

IMG_4199 (resized).JPGIMG_4199 (resized).JPG

IMG_4200 (resized).JPGIMG_4200 (resized).JPG

IMG_4222 (resized).JPGIMG_4222 (resized).JPG

#8020 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Get in line, wantdataeast!
...colson?

Don't crush that can too hard Ryan. I told you early in my resto thread you had first dibs if it ever goes anywhere, and I meant it.

#8026 6 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Just picked up this SST 5 mins down the road from my house. It needs a fair bit of tlc but for $500 I can't really complain.

Would that happen to be the one from Michigan that was sitting in the guys garage?

1 week later
#8144 6 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Another Mystery Castle has been found and yanked from the clutches of a basement getting no love. This one sat in a non-collector's house for 23 years. Prior to that it was purchased new in '93 to put in their music hall on Long Island then the owner took it home in '95 for the family to play with it. It's been there ever since...
My guess is they selected the game new because the colors of their establishment matches the color scheme of the game.
Now it'll get some royal treatment and brought back to life.

Awesome pick up Dave!! You don't see that game every day.

1 week later
#8211 6 years ago

Monday's often suck. But always nice when you walk into the office and there's a delivery from Shay waiting for you. Now at least I could complete the minty CF I bought home a few weeks ago.

Wasn't able to partake in this thread lately due to some surgery. Felt like I had to post something LOL. The other glass will stay boxed for now…

IMG_5677 (resized).JPGIMG_5677 (resized).JPG
IMG_5681 (resized).JPGIMG_5681 (resized).JPG
IMG_5682 (resized).JPGIMG_5682 (resized).JPG
IMG_5684 (resized).JPGIMG_5684 (resized).JPG
IMG_5689 (resized).JPGIMG_5689 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#8362 6 years ago

Cab and BG look pretty nice. Playfield should clean up well. Fun game and nice grab.

4 weeks later
#8577 5 years ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Brought my first pin home this weekend! Kind of crazy to be able to play some pinball at home. Loving Sky Jump. Thinking of doing a paint job on the cabinet at some point, but for now, let's play!

If you slide your China cymbal and drum kit a little bit more to the left you could fit another machine there.

#8586 5 years ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Good eye! It's bad enough that my pin is completely hiding my drum kit, I have to find another place to convert into a game room. The kit is cornered!

Yeah, I had to move my kit out into the garage. I could fit 4 pins where this was. And I have two Chinas I can tell you my neighbors are not big Slipknot fans.

IMG_0462 (resized).JPGIMG_0462 (resized).JPG
IMG_0471 (resized).JPGIMG_0471 (resized).JPG

#8590 5 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I was home from Pinfest for about 2 hours then had to go scoop this.

Cyclopes!! That is fantastic...not an easy game to come by. I've only seen two or three of them in person. Awesome backglass. Great pick up.

#8592 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I brought this BSD back from Pinfest Sunday. The colors on the cabinet are unfaded, very few dings, really nice playfield, but it needs a shop job and small fixes. I couldn’t pass up the deal.

Awesome grab, not that I'm biased. Cab does look nice.

If you want one of the tombstone mods, I should have them within a week and will have a few extras. Let me know and I'll save one for you. Not sure if you've seen it before, but here's the one on my game.

IMG_2271 (resized).JPGIMG_2271 (resized).JPG

IMG_2272 (resized).JPGIMG_2272 (resized).JPG

#8595 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

the only BSD i saw at pinfest was the one in the indoor flea market that had a sold sticker on it. what the hell?

Yeah, there were at least three or four of them at the show last year.

#8611 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I bought this from a collector in NY. This Paragon and Haunted House were childhood favorites. I already have a Paragon project ready to restore. The Black Hole has a heavily flaking inner backglass but Shay Arcade Group will start making them soon.

That game looks like it’s in excellent shape! Now I miss any of the four black holes I’ve had in the past. I would recommend getting the blue LED Boston Pinball displays. Had them in my last one, and they look awesome.

Quoted from yfz450:

Picked one up today that you don’t see too often.

Lizard! Nice pick up. That’s not a game you see every day.

#8615 5 years ago
Quoted from balt:

My first pin. 1979 Time Warp by Williams. Purchased via craigslist. Located only 2 blocks from home.

Congrats! And this is where you’ll be in a week…

0982019A-F704-4C1F-8DC4-583891925352 (resized).jpeg0982019A-F704-4C1F-8DC4-583891925352 (resized).jpeg

#8626 5 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Super stoked on the Big Guns I brought home today!

But now your creepy macabre painting is blocked! I always look forward to seeing it, although it freaks me the hell out.

#8668 5 years ago

CF154ED9-E71C-4A97-BDB1-AADF39CCBBEF (resized).jpegCF154ED9-E71C-4A97-BDB1-AADF39CCBBEF (resized).jpeg

77C87C2E-A8E7-40EB-B8E2-63DD3895219B (resized).jpeg77C87C2E-A8E7-40EB-B8E2-63DD3895219B (resized).jpeg

#8682 5 years ago

Got this beast in the house, but going to powdercoat the legs before I put them on. Don’t feel like lifting it twice. It needs some work and tweaking, but plays 100%. Definitely an interesting and oddball game.

197C7D0F-667B-43EF-8BB9-B10E0CFE1C34 (resized).jpeg197C7D0F-667B-43EF-8BB9-B10E0CFE1C34 (resized).jpeg
F69D479B-519C-40B4-A75B-A4B147404310 (resized).jpegF69D479B-519C-40B4-A75B-A4B147404310 (resized).jpeg
903577E8-4162-4CD6-BA45-BE882ADCF9CA (resized).jpeg903577E8-4162-4CD6-BA45-BE882ADCF9CA (resized).jpeg

7D4FCDD3-1352-4ED8-86B4-6BCE73A6E824 (resized).jpeg7D4FCDD3-1352-4ED8-86B4-6BCE73A6E824 (resized).jpeg

#8688 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

On my to do list!

Wow wow wow! I've seen EM games in this format before, but never knew about this title. Fits perfectly with your line-up, Col! I'm guessing this title was on your radar...and that you didn't just stumble into this one. Assuming so, you must have been on the hunt for quite a while. Congrats on the odd-ball pick-up!

Oh contrare my good man.

Not really on my radar, but I’ve seen one or two of them before. Still not a game you see often. Kind of stumbled on it...actually my bud ZNET (Bruce) gave me the lead, and I didn’t waste time figuring out a deal with the guy. It’s certainly unique.

Thing was absolutely filthy, probably hasn’t been touched in 10 or 15 years. Just got done putting new rubbers on, first round of cleaning, tweaking switches, polishing the mirror. And you know I’m not big on throwing LED’s in an EM, but this pin was screaming for it given the design. Huge improvement IMO, you can actually see the playfield / plastics / art package way better...

Here’s the before and after. Still needs some more cleaning, and I’ll rip it apart fully once I play and enjoy it some.

9B6CE4CE-E1F7-40D0-8319-686EA732DBFE (resized).jpeg9B6CE4CE-E1F7-40D0-8319-686EA732DBFE (resized).jpeg
69D6DFBB-98F2-430B-93BF-21F54BC9018B (resized).jpeg69D6DFBB-98F2-430B-93BF-21F54BC9018B (resized).jpeg

#8690 5 years ago

Yup. I should have Vamp and maybe this at York.

#8722 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Can i have a fully dressed sample first, so i can asses if i will/can follow up on this deal?

I can tell you it’s worth it...she told me it was ok last night.

All in good fun Dirk.

#8727 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Got this beast in the house, but going to powdercoat the legs before I put them on. Don’t feel like lifting it twice. It needs some work and tweaking, but plays 100%. Definitely an interesting and oddball game.

Got the powder coated legs back today, and was finally able to erect this beast (that’s what she said ). Chuck at Bonehead Performance kicks ass...two day turnaround on the legs. Thought I’d post something better than it sitting on the ground.

Also rewired the game over hologram. Cleaned up the back...mirror is minty. What an odd game.

95AE298C-7204-4518-AC44-5DB6F4623BD8 (resized).jpeg95AE298C-7204-4518-AC44-5DB6F4623BD8 (resized).jpeg
385D1799-B9A5-4B9C-9A18-4B49EFA0DD80 (resized).jpeg385D1799-B9A5-4B9C-9A18-4B49EFA0DD80 (resized).jpeg
3E06174E-6C56-42C3-83F1-698603AAED21 (resized).jpeg3E06174E-6C56-42C3-83F1-698603AAED21 (resized).jpeg
3CC466E1-7245-46D5-AD60-7306BFB05FF8 (resized).jpeg3CC466E1-7245-46D5-AD60-7306BFB05FF8 (resized).jpeg

577A9AB1-CE5C-44F9-8336-C11B12536B79 (resized).jpeg577A9AB1-CE5C-44F9-8336-C11B12536B79 (resized).jpeg

B8D7F1B2-542A-4700-9112-D651C42B5587 (resized).jpegB8D7F1B2-542A-4700-9112-D651C42B5587 (resized).jpeg

#8732 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Got the Bad Cats set up. Loving this game and was thrilled to get a decent example.

I know...Bad Cats is an awesome pin, not so easy to come across anymore. Especially an unfaded one. Nice grab.

Quoted from Micky:

It's following me home!

Congrats Mick...these things tend to do that.

9D8400EB-68DC-4118-ABD1-113EE7C44C87 (resized).jpeg9D8400EB-68DC-4118-ABD1-113EE7C44C87 (resized).jpeg

#8733 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

colsond3 you gotta post some video of the game play on this beast.

Done. Here’s some substandard game play for ya.

#8755 5 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Brought these 2 home today

Stellar pick up. Both games look like they’re in great shape.

1 week later
#8852 5 years ago

Alien Poker is cool.

#8854 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Thx, love the theme and art!

Definitely. Great artwork package, and plays quick. Surprising more people don’t have this than Flash, given that it only came out a year later. Then again, Williams made 3 times more Flash pins than these...

#8861 5 years ago

It looks great, awesome game and congrats. But I would remove that apron decal or magnet. Love the chrome armor.

1 week later
#8936 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, Colsond3 sounds like a real jerk!

I know…and I played a few games on his DI and re-leveled the legs for him. I’m such an asshole.

#9002 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Worth the wait! So, so, much fun.

Heading to CT this week or next weekend, and hopefully Pintastic for at least a day. I’ll have to swing by on the way up and throw some games up.

#9003 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Drove too far, paid too much, and Frankie is in rough shape but it will be super nice when restored.

Nice...add some spots, trough light and mirror blades. They do wonders for MSF. And color DMD or an extender. Here’s my nephew playing mine.

7267B075-6F87-4AB6-AFC4-86E63B355DCA (resized).jpeg7267B075-6F87-4AB6-AFC4-86E63B355DCA (resized).jpeg9841A61D-67DF-4588-B39B-6921F56ED464 (resized).jpeg9841A61D-67DF-4588-B39B-6921F56ED464 (resized).jpeg
#9013 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

This title has never been on my list but it was on my way home from a 12 hour road trip, the price was right, playfield has no wear or planking and will clean up nice, backglass has a little flaking (unusual for Bally’s of this vintage) and a near perfect coin door. Added bonus is that it came from Kentucky and meter shows 14,699 plays. Owner says it hadn’t been played in nearly 20 years. And yes, it did come with legs.

Hokus Pokus is an awesome game...You can nail all three of those spinners over and over again. I sold mine and shipped it to another Pinsider over in Germany two years ago, and should’ve never gotten rid of it. Nice grab.

I’ll be happy to take it when you’re done with it.

#9016 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Haha. My wife liked that comment. She is a artist and paints murals and does stained glass mosaics. We have “blades” on all sides of the cabinet

I think with that last mural she was telling you to buy an MM or MMr, a Hurricane and a Black Rose. At least that’s the way I’m interpreting it.

#9029 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I had no plans of buying another pin anytime soon

We told you...was that the one from Austin?

#9031 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Uh oh, should I have not bought the “one from Austin”?

Not at all. Great grab for a great price. In one of the other threads somebody said that it needed a little bit of work. My comment was more referring to your statement that you had no plans on buying another one “anytime soon”. As I’ve posted before...

3024D28E-E298-4ECF-9624-16B31C3BEC96 (resized).jpeg3024D28E-E298-4ECF-9624-16B31C3BEC96 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9159 5 years ago
04B9AE66-4A30-4ACD-BF5D-8AF82BAA9496 (resized).jpeg04B9AE66-4A30-4ACD-BF5D-8AF82BAA9496 (resized).jpegACA62D18-B357-45F7-BD9C-CD3AD1B0C96A (resized).jpegACA62D18-B357-45F7-BD9C-CD3AD1B0C96A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9224 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I won’t tear apart a good condition machine just for the cab.

Especially in that condition.

#9267 5 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Here's one I picked up a couple nights ago. EM Arcade yes, but this I believe is
the only HUO pin that I have..

That thing looks sweet. I’ll see your Flipper Fair, and raise you a wedgehead...

B4E38348-B0F7-471A-B2C2-9EF511ECD5C0 (resized).jpegB4E38348-B0F7-471A-B2C2-9EF511ECD5C0 (resized).jpegB159D16B-18EA-4BBA-B2E5-9953BEC1AC70 (resized).jpegB159D16B-18EA-4BBA-B2E5-9953BEC1AC70 (resized).jpeg

#9269 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

It gets the middle of the room until I figure out where it's going
[quoted image]

Damn you! Nice grab. Let me know when you’re done with that and I’ll come pick it up. You can have the teal LEDs.

#9282 5 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

How the heck do you find the time?

I don’t know, but I did again.

FC3A656F-7D60-416A-B5CC-5C8E8777817F (resized).jpegFC3A656F-7D60-416A-B5CC-5C8E8777817F (resized).jpeg
#9285 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Another Dracula?

Absolutely. Going to combine it with the one I have, and I have a few people interested in getting the remaining game. That one will still be in nice condition.

#9288 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

You know, we both have a sickness. Maybe we could get half off going into rehab.

I already tried last year. They turned me away and said I couldn’t be helped.

Quoted from eagle18:

Colson u need to get home and make my key chains.

They are already made. They will be mailed out tomorrow.

#9292 5 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Colson is a cool guy, got the chance to meet him at Allentown. I don't post in this thread often but he is impressed by the number of games I get. I've bought 7 in the past 2 weeks with a broken foot

Challenge accepted. Haha. Brian’s a cool cat too. You’re just lucky I slowed down recently. I’m just getting back to my A game.

Quoted from Ballypin:

1974 Bally Champ non-working from a FB post. Ad was only up for 30 minutes and I was out the door.

That cabinet looks pretty freaking nice.

#9293 5 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Not 1 but 2 firepowers. Super pumped to get these playing and functional.
[quoted image]

Two from the same owner? Both look pretty nice.

#9298 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Anyone care to guess what's in the box?

A pinball game?

#9323 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Work slowly, take a lot of pictures. This deserves its own thread tbh.

Oh, I thought this was the “guess what game I brought home today” thread.

#9387 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I know it is not a Pinside favorite, but I hauled home a clean Waterworld. I am one of the five or so people that liked the movie.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Big Thank You to sodacrack for meeting me/helping load up the game.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I must be 2 of 5 then, because I liked the movie a whole lot.
Enjoy the game!
Chris

Quoted from Coindork:

I think that movie is awesome in a cheesy sort of way.

Quoted from Micky:

Well I'm number 4 then, so there must only be one more person who likes it out there.

I once dated a girl with webbed feet.

#9410 5 years ago

Dundun...dun...dundunt.

0C3AD190-6BD9-4976-AA3B-B54BC5FA6229 (resized).jpeg0C3AD190-6BD9-4976-AA3B-B54BC5FA6229 (resized).jpegFD0ADB3E-80D4-47B9-A32F-DEA3A560565D (resized).jpegFD0ADB3E-80D4-47B9-A32F-DEA3A560565D (resized).jpeg
#9412 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

You're a machine man! You bring home so many pins.

If only I had room to keep them all.

#9440 5 years ago

Has the famous crack down the leg, so it came with a brand new cabinet that Stern sent the guy I picked it up from.
Gotta say, pretty populated too, speaker, flipper switches, latch keep, etc... good on them.

I’d be happy to take the extra cab off of you after you do the transfer.

#9442 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

It has been a fairly wild 2 months. Trades and sales have really changed the line up. I guess NIB is how I roll now?

Haven’t seen you around much. Thanos has your infinity stone...err I mean your Welcome to the Stern Army ring.

Really though congrats. Good titles. I would have gone with Maiden over GB though

#9444 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Been really busy with work. I am on regularly but not posting too much.

If really busy with work = 3 NIB’s then worth it. GOTG is fun, nice rule set. Nothing wrong with a little pelvic sorcery.

#9445 5 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

Welcome to my home! Now if I can just find space for it. Wife already shut down the dinning room.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Please go post in the BSD owner thread... neverahighscore loves our red armor...and I need some support from his badgering.

7CF8645C-9E4C-4E46-88EC-36F8859ADE25 (resized).jpeg7CF8645C-9E4C-4E46-88EC-36F8859ADE25 (resized).jpeg
#9487 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Stopped for lunch. Not long until it's home.
[quoted image]

Dude… Go to another thread. You have to be the first person that brought downvotes into this one.

#9498 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

and game # 2 is Gotlieb 1967 Surf Side. I am not a Gotlieb guy but it has cool double flippers and roto target goodness.

And you tell me I pick up a lot of games...

Congrats, both look nice.

#9502 5 years ago

Heading back from CT. Dropped off T2, picked this up. Additional pic taken of game in seller’s house before I left per the new thread requirements.

0C4A9988-6D54-4448-993D-04452E2DB3B0 (resized).jpeg0C4A9988-6D54-4448-993D-04452E2DB3B0 (resized).jpeg67DAF2BC-F1D7-4A0B-AA94-394D6731A304 (resized).jpeg67DAF2BC-F1D7-4A0B-AA94-394D6731A304 (resized).jpeg
#9505 5 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

Nice get. I have fond memories of playing The Amazing Spider-Man back in the day. Love the 67 cartoon style artwork on it.

Definitely. I think this is my fifth or sixth one. Every time I sell the game I regret it, so this one will hopefully stay for a while, if not permanently.

The artwork alone on this pin is awesome, the original Marvel art. Blows the bobble head Spidey VE artwork out of the water.

#9507 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You guys find amazing finds.

C92558CD-5C26-44BF-A90E-14407E427377 (resized).jpegC92558CD-5C26-44BF-A90E-14407E427377 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9601 5 years ago

Snagged this artistic wonder. Plays great, well designed pin.

Anybody up for a two level retheme? Slipknot? Phantasm? This one is half dismantled and needs a complete overhaul anyway. I’m open to suggestions, preferably music or horror related.

42D87331-430C-4122-A05D-29702C6AFF1C (resized).jpeg42D87331-430C-4122-A05D-29702C6AFF1C (resized).jpeg
025B849D-7A66-4A7D-88B0-3251D09FFAFD (resized).jpeg025B849D-7A66-4A7D-88B0-3251D09FFAFD (resized).jpeg
9E04A8AB-4102-4E59-AF47-C7D96249E4B8 (resized).jpeg9E04A8AB-4102-4E59-AF47-C7D96249E4B8 (resized).jpeg
A9D0CDFC-4D4A-4CD2-BABD-3596F4C7C9B9 (resized).jpegA9D0CDFC-4D4A-4CD2-BABD-3596F4C7C9B9 (resized).jpeg

#9654 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Picked up this rare title at an auction. Although, it has a Farfalla backglass instead of Magic Castle for some reason. It also came with $7 in quarters in the coin box. That's the highest amount I've found in a game so far. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I’ll take that when you’re done with it!

#9687 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Well she is finally hooked and so am I!

Congrats Chad! Glad that she said yes. She had told me at Pinfest that she was iffy if you ever decided to ask.

#9695 5 years ago
Quoted from dontpanicflip:

Unboxed and setup a refurbished 1987 Dungeons and Dragons. Going to stream it Monday night!!

Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

12:30 am just got home with this one leaving at 6:30 am to play in a tourney. So won’t even get to check it out until later.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Two games that I had before and should’ve never sold. Nice pick ups!

#9731 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

WOW They actually sold it. There is a pinsider who was trying to purchase it so he could put it in a children's hospital but they weren't interested. If I can find his name I'll send it to you

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I think it was @colson3

Yes, it was I. My father was confined to a wheelchair my entire life, at least since I was the age of two, from a horrific motorcycle accident. I was certainly appreciative of how somebody had manipulated the pin to make it handicap-accessible. I wanted to do some good with it.

I messaged the guy through eBay quite a few times explaining my intentions, and only offering him slightly less than what he wanted. He literally called me an asshole and told me to go pound sand, as he “knew that the game was worth much more than he was asking.” Once he said “I don’t care where you’re putting it or what you plan to do with the game“ I was done with him. I think I posted his messages somewhere on here, but don’t remember off the top of my head.

Either way, glad you were able to grab it Razor and that you plan on doing some good things with it.

If you are ever done with it and would like to pass it on for some additional use at a children’s hospital or other charity, let me know.

#9733 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont care what I normally tell people about you, you are a good dude!

I appreciate that, although I’m sure it doesn’t pale in comparison to what I normally tell people about you.

#9737 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

He’s such a nice guy, I down voted this post and it was automatically upvoted by Pinside!

LMAO

Quoted from apinballwiz:

Yes, colsond3 is a great guy. Hope to meet him sometime!

If you’re ever in the area, let me know and swing by for a few games. Or try to catch up with me at York...I’ll be sporting this sack.

A7EC46EB-64A8-4264-9647-87531AF7BD5E (resized).jpegA7EC46EB-64A8-4264-9647-87531AF7BD5E (resized).jpeg

#9767 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

No need for a cup holder when you have a keg or two.

WTF?

73E7CAF0-EB09-45FF-AF68-6F3EACF4A516 (resized).jpeg73E7CAF0-EB09-45FF-AF68-6F3EACF4A516 (resized).jpeg
#9773 5 years ago
Quoted from Sleepdroid:

Our first machine. Amazing Spider-Man. It's even... mostly... working. They seller said if we buy the Spider-man, we had to take the "other" machine too.

Nice grab...welcome to the club! Just got done shopping and waxing mine last night.

7F762AB5-D0F5-43C7-BD88-864967D4681F (resized).jpeg7F762AB5-D0F5-43C7-BD88-864967D4681F (resized).jpegB92EF505-3B2F-4940-A1B3-E81955AADECB (resized).jpegB92EF505-3B2F-4940-A1B3-E81955AADECB (resized).jpeg

#9776 5 years ago

Hahaha. You’re the man Kev.

Quoted from yzfguy:

?? I thought Colson waxed his every night?

Funny coming from the guy that offered to wax mine at Pintastic... Lay off the sauce bro.

#9782 5 years ago

but couldn’t resist this Magneto.

Especially if you were wearing anything that contained metal.

#9783 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

This arrived a few days ago and it needed a new DMD. I do not question its coin. Trying to find the right color for now until it is full color.
[quoted image]

Eskimo brothers! I don’t question it’s coin either. Stoked that I was able to get my minty TNT refurbed BF back today that I had sold last year.

0E86B3AD-D0B3-4EF1-9E80-41AF14B59117 (resized).jpeg0E86B3AD-D0B3-4EF1-9E80-41AF14B59117 (resized).jpeg8A4477F8-B7B5-4262-9335-BD7F7581F590 (resized).jpeg8A4477F8-B7B5-4262-9335-BD7F7581F590 (resized).jpeg
#9785 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Which TNT video is yours?

Todd’s vid #851 I think. I added speaker lights, flip bats, Titan rubbers and changed some of the LEDs. That’s about it though.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

but wow it's a puzzle to take all of the ramps off to swap rubbers/lights/clean up the back of the playfield.

Yes it is a complicated PF. There was a guy selling one on CL for quite some time that was in a bunch of boxes. He said “I didn’t have time to get back to it”, but clearly he had disassembled it and had no idea how to put it back together. And he still wanted $2400.

740348F5-651B-40AA-A8D7-6A77CE1A1FFD (resized).jpeg740348F5-651B-40AA-A8D7-6A77CE1A1FFD (resized).jpegF1BB7AFD-93CE-4DE3-A8C2-C56DAA47F993 (resized).jpegF1BB7AFD-93CE-4DE3-A8C2-C56DAA47F993 (resized).jpeg

#9786 5 years ago

Finally set up. Per the kid, we had to match the cartoon that was on. Interesting matchup, but Drac would kick his ass.

8C49D614-05BB-48B2-9844-E0925BE987D3 (resized).jpeg8C49D614-05BB-48B2-9844-E0925BE987D3 (resized).jpeg
0F758282-580C-43B1-8E5B-E391722D19F0 (resized).jpeg0F758282-580C-43B1-8E5B-E391722D19F0 (resized).jpeg

#9792 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Naphtha will not damage your playfield, but chemically it’s similar to lighter fluid so don’t smoke around it’s use.

You can also use CP100. Also not water based, and used real lightly with magic eraser you can get up ball swirls half the time.

#9811 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Does it say “$$$ PAID FOR PINBALL MACHINES” on your back window?

It certainly does. How else do you think he hogs all those games up? Pete’s a great guy…I’ve dealt with him several times. Although he is still holding out on that Playmatic Magic on me.

#9813 5 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Colsond, I will be back in Staten Island tomorrow for an other load. I will look for the body.

Now you’re talkin!

#9834 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Been searching for one of these that WASN'T beat to crap for a while now.
One of my favorite movies as a kid! Batmania '89!
[quoted image]

Oops.
[quoted image]

Batman’s apparently having a good week in this thread. Congrats on the additions.

#9860 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Just brought these two home, does that make me a degenerate gambler? My first double pick-up and it also brings my collection into double digits.

You'll be back in single digits after I come pick up that Centaur! Congrats on the double down.

#9865 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Aha, you must have espied that $250 Centaur in the background. Yes, you read that right!

Salt...meet my wound. Congrats again!

#9877 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

I picked up the final boss of all projects. TZ is my one and only holiest of grail pins. This one is ugly, dirty, bent, broken, and incomplete, but its mine. I will likely spend over a year restoring this game but it will be worth it in the end.
It is VERY incomplete and so I will be looking for a lot of parts. If anyone has spare parts (especially boards) and would like to see this game get brought back to life please send me a PM, I'm still working on a complete list of what it needs.
Complete image gallery for your viewing displeasure:
https://imgur.com/a/ukM08vY

Looks plug & play to me.

You definitely have your work cut out for you. But I agree…in the end it will all be worth it. Hopefully you got it for a decent price given what you’ll have to put into it. Congrats on the grail!

#9879 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Jumping Jack yesterday... Jungle Queen, Sheriff, and Big Day today.
So many EM’s, so little room.
[quoted image]

You’re out of control. Bring some to York. I’ll free up some space for you.

#9889 5 years ago

No coin door lock? Nice pick up. Love the color scheme on 6MDM.

#9892 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No lock so it was swung open in the pic.

Yeah, we’ve all been there. Haha. Sometimes I even pull over on the side of the road to wedge something in there because halfway into the drive I get sick of it flapping open and pushing it shut again.

#9903 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

RFM followed me home, Kara says I can keep her.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice grab...and it has one of my keychains. When Kara says it’s time for the game to go...shoot me a PM.

#9905 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Today...

Congrats...you don’t see that game every day. I think John was buying or looking at one of those too. Post a pic of it once set up if you can.

Quoted from VampireKangaroo:

Drove through this... to get this! My 8 year old, first to break in our Space Station.

Congrats on that too. Space Station is an awesome game to have for a first alphanum!

#9925 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

LUCI came home with me tonight.

Damn Frank you’re on a roll.

#9940 5 years ago

The roadside Skylab has changed hands...

239E7006-2689-4E78-A07C-91D8D455CAF0 (resized).jpeg239E7006-2689-4E78-A07C-91D8D455CAF0 (resized).jpeg85CABEC7-2584-4AD7-AAFA-BC162212AD95 (resized).jpeg85CABEC7-2584-4AD7-AAFA-BC162212AD95 (resized).jpeg
#9944 5 years ago

Colsond. If I knew you were in Jersey you could have helped unload the mini van.

I’m always in NJ Pete...should have given me a shout. I could have unloaded your van...right into my SUV.

Quoted from Ballypin:

Whoa. Where is the Cheshire Cat grin?

It’s through the looking glass. Had to lean back...been a long day.

#9959 5 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

One Crazy Haul, Bought and moved 8 pins in one night, pulled and all-nighter. The place that we bought the pins from wasn't secure.

Are you local to me? I’ll come snag that DE Batman. Free up some space for ya.

#9984 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

How many DE Batman's have you owned in total Colson

I think 5 over the years. But you took the nicest one, and I know I’m never getting that one back unless I pry it out of your hands

#9985 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Received a nice delivery with help from a fellow Pinsider!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice Art! I’ll take the Zoltan...

#9990 5 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

What are those collectables in boxes?

Funko Pop Figures.

#10030 5 years ago

Anybody down for a trip to the Spa?

4566F81B-E2BE-4AB9-9883-61D53948E53D (resized).jpeg4566F81B-E2BE-4AB9-9883-61D53948E53D (resized).jpeg
2C0882A1-39C2-46C3-A18C-4D4371BBB751 (resized).jpeg2C0882A1-39C2-46C3-A18C-4D4371BBB751 (resized).jpeg

#10051 5 years ago

Grabbed a Joust...and a really nice framed Andromeda BG.

8A6AC43D-0254-434C-9EDA-9655C9150D5F (resized).jpeg8A6AC43D-0254-434C-9EDA-9655C9150D5F (resized).jpeg
6ED90A01-30C4-433A-878A-53D2C5A7A892 (resized).jpeg6ED90A01-30C4-433A-878A-53D2C5A7A892 (resized).jpeg

#10054 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

No...........seriously, where.........do.......you.........put.............them all !?!?!!??!

Hahaha...come on, I pass some of them on.

Definitely. Had Joust on my wishlist for two years. Always good to move one from there to your collection.

#10055 5 years ago

And here I thought I was done for the day. Number two coming in...and set up.

Game is sick. Documented HUO. Pinball Refinery armor, clear purple apron, color DMD, shaker, Modfather shooter Rod, speaker lights, Met speaker mod, Creeping Death light show and blades, Flipperiffic toppers, snake decal and snake plastic mod and more.

BD2C210C-3184-4D15-AB56-0ED0398B79C4 (resized).jpegBD2C210C-3184-4D15-AB56-0ED0398B79C4 (resized).jpeg
A6415538-7FE6-45EE-A91E-BAD9BB033F4B (resized).jpegA6415538-7FE6-45EE-A91E-BAD9BB033F4B (resized).jpeg
5A5D79B7-1E34-456E-85C9-11E30DBE2617 (resized).jpeg5A5D79B7-1E34-456E-85C9-11E30DBE2617 (resized).jpeg
0246C8B8-3AC4-4B8B-8DE4-BD922D823E10 (resized).jpeg0246C8B8-3AC4-4B8B-8DE4-BD922D823E10 (resized).jpeg
1A9616E3-8A88-49D6-8524-24379749B16A (resized).jpeg1A9616E3-8A88-49D6-8524-24379749B16A (resized).jpeg
2378CCA7-0777-499B-95B8-565CAE00BE31 (resized).jpeg2378CCA7-0777-499B-95B8-565CAE00BE31 (resized).jpeg
0C61583D-1BD9-4CB5-B62E-ECDAA798D527 (resized).jpeg0C61583D-1BD9-4CB5-B62E-ECDAA798D527 (resized).jpeg
7FDF91BA-844E-4AA9-A669-44D3B570D7ED (resized).jpeg7FDF91BA-844E-4AA9-A669-44D3B570D7ED (resized).jpeg

#10058 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Beautiful! I also see your well under the standard 600 plays!!

LMAO. I grabbed it from a pinbud that’s deciding to get out of the hobby. He told me how many plays were on it and I had to take a glance. But I thought about the Baywatch as I was taking a picture of the DMD.

Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

Nice! Is that the Patriots playing on the large screen tv?

Yup. The Birds played Thursday, so I needed something for background noise.

#10066 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Don’t put to much value in that number. This as it resets when a firmware update is done. Last firmware update is already quite some time ago however. In this case it was a friend so doesn’t apply here I guess but I think it resets to if you flash with same firmware version.

Yeah, I’m usually skeptical when people show a post like that or with that audit. But as you mentioned, this was from one of my good friends, and I actually unboxed the game with him earlier this year. He’s barely played it in the last four months, so I was waiting like a panther in the shadows waiting to pounce on my prey.

#10074 5 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Added this 1971 Bally Skyrocket to my line-up yesterday. Bally manufactured only 2 games designed by Harry Williams: Firecracker and Skyrocket. Only 545 Skyrockets were produced. Extraordinary cascading illumination playfield feature on this fun Bally title.

Looks like a nice example. Fun game and very cool strobing insert feature...I was playing Nico's at York. Clearcoat the playfield like he did...thing played as smooth as butter.

1 week later
#10109 5 years ago
Quoted from Jefski2003:

Picked this beauty up in NC over the weekend!

Wow, that game looks clean as hell. Has to be the nicest Sopranos I’ve ever seen.

#10113 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Grabbed this last night. Getting it inside and set up tonight. I understand I'm supposed to "shoot the pyramid! "???? [quoted image]

Nice Ron...fun game, and awesome audio.

#10125 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

This was on my wish list for a long time and I think I got a great deal, it has a rebuilt power driver board, NVRAM, new Fliptronic board but it needs a shop job and a cleaning, plus the one bracket is broken that holds the 4th ring (I have the piece and the ring so I'll have to weld it or try some sort of metal epoxy but I'm not to worried about that now). The game plays great and I'll start to shop it out and swap out to LEDs and set it up in the lineup.
I hope that the Aurich art package will be available again.

Quoted from cards25:

Fantastic game, wish i never would have sold mine. Would love to have another one someday.

Great pick up. Definitely an underrated game and fun as hell. I’ve never owned one, but have played a ton of them.

I had my bud’s gun chromed a while back when I was sending out some other parts, and I would definitely recommend doing that. Comes out awesome. He had an extra Aurich translite a while back too. I’ll check with him and if he still has it, I’ll shoot you a PM.

#10145 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Where ever I be I set my bullfrog ( double chin ) free.
Classic 80's working project, can you guess?
[quoted image]

Black Knight?

EDB9ACD4-F120-4E0C-8207-8CB59A7F7957 (resized).jpegEDB9ACD4-F120-4E0C-8207-8CB59A7F7957 (resized).jpeg
#10162 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Picked up four machines yesterday (2 different sellers). Some oddballs in the lot...

I am down for a road trip whenever you’re ready to move that Andromeda!!! Staring at the framed backglass I picked up is making me want one.

#10164 5 years ago

How the hell did you guess that? correct. Never had or worked an 80's pin so got this little ( pfft ) working project

I would say because I’ve had “a few” games come through my hands...and part luck. Definitely the back of a Williams SS cab in your original pic. But these pics are of Firepower not BK. Did you pick up both?

#10170 5 years ago

Sorry, I have to stop drinking!

Why? LOL. I’m not. Just don’t ever mistake a MET for this band (although they have some pretty damn good songs too).

C7B2F4F9-E723-45BD-8D0B-2F0E7D2D6B91 (resized).jpegC7B2F4F9-E723-45BD-8D0B-2F0E7D2D6B91 (resized).jpeg
#10182 5 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Got this today,slowly building the "premier" lineup i played at a burger joint in my youth.

Awesome grab...that’s not one you see often. My friend has one and I always try to work on him with no luck. I don’t think he’ll ever sell it.

#10188 5 years ago

Picked up 4 games late last week, then 2 this week! Could be another on Tuesday morning![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You are out of control. Throw that Andromeda this way and free up some space for those new games.

#10194 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Seriously? You calling someone out for being "out of control"?

Haha...I’ve been a little tame these days. Spending time actually working on the games I have. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Quoted from BenB:

Well it’s on his wishlist!

Why yes...yes it is.

I'll trade ya your BSD for it

Just got done playing a few games. I hope you’re adding cash.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I would do thatin a heart beatif i did not already have one

You a crazy boy Hilton. Especially not after the Pinsound upgrade.

C80900BA-F74B-43C6-86EA-3B1CDE30A0B7 (resized).jpegC80900BA-F74B-43C6-86EA-3B1CDE30A0B7 (resized).jpeg

#10195 5 years ago

Who's out of control. 14 game pick up today. Plus tons of parts. Trailer door almost didn't close.

Nice Pete...is my Magic cab in there so I can pick up the game finally?

#10198 5 years ago

This was a Delaware road trip not staten Island. I should just sell you the head.

Done! I won’t argue with you. Nice haul...and bonus on no sales tax.

#10200 5 years ago

That Fireball looks like it’s in excellent shape. To this day it amazes me how many people / non-collectors have a single pinball game tucked away somewhere in their house.

#10233 5 years ago

Joust is now up and running 100% after a bit of work, ton of PF cleaning / shopping. Really likin’ the zipper flips...never owned a game with those before.

D92AEE01-8F72-47AF-8EFB-8F5CE181FB2F (resized).jpegD92AEE01-8F72-47AF-8EFB-8F5CE181FB2F (resized).jpeg

#10250 5 years ago

Big shout out to @davebart5...stand up cat. He and I trekked to upstate NY to grab this gem 2 years ago...sold it to him a short while later. Deal was we keep it between our line-ups...and it’s always good when someone stays true to their word. My turn to have it back!

8D27DFCC-015D-4B03-BD2B-563FBA564C42 (resized).jpeg8D27DFCC-015D-4B03-BD2B-563FBA564C42 (resized).jpeg
FDA2F5A9-0734-4C3B-BE87-C394A9532D5B (resized).jpegFDA2F5A9-0734-4C3B-BE87-C394A9532D5B (resized).jpeg
35C00126-562D-41B2-B7F6-778422E5B91D (resized).jpeg35C00126-562D-41B2-B7F6-778422E5B91D (resized).jpeg
C7FADB8E-79FB-4696-8115-5F5BE094457B (resized).jpegC7FADB8E-79FB-4696-8115-5F5BE094457B (resized).jpeg

#10268 5 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Williams Beat Time

Whoa...I thought Stern said theirs was the first Beatles pin?

#10287 5 years ago

You keep on shoutin’...you keep on shoutin’ boom pa boom boom pa boom boom pa

And I had a Shay repro glass waiting and powder coated black legs. If anybody needs a backglass let me know. The one in it has some flaking that was repaired, but it’s not bad.

82FD04AA-39F4-4D82-8262-DB830254308B (resized).jpeg82FD04AA-39F4-4D82-8262-DB830254308B (resized).jpeg17993013-F42D-43C4-B0D0-8AEB421FEE4B (resized).jpeg17993013-F42D-43C4-B0D0-8AEB421FEE4B (resized).jpeg

82CEE7A3-888D-43A1-A76A-18073796A0C5 (resized).jpeg82CEE7A3-888D-43A1-A76A-18073796A0C5 (resized).jpeg
#10289 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I swear 90% of the pins made went to PA
You guys got it good there, cheap & plentiful.

I bring a lot of them here too. LOL. This one wasn’t that cheap, and it’s been sitting for years not even cleaned. Filthy as hell.

#10293 5 years ago

Bonus points for getting screamed at by a bus driver for blocking them in for ten minutes.

Bonus points for sporting the tote, even if only to carry your moving blanket.

#10294 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

And you love every little dust ball don't you...…...

Hahaha. Plenty of them. Already dove in though...doing what I can with it for now.

9485868E-6D13-4033-A6B8-BC20B3EDFB6B (resized).jpeg9485868E-6D13-4033-A6B8-BC20B3EDFB6B (resized).jpeg03E1BC81-7559-4C55-B036-19ADA5D78E8C (resized).jpeg03E1BC81-7559-4C55-B036-19ADA5D78E8C (resized).jpeg4915F95D-2F4B-4262-992A-92D6FD2B23F8 (resized).jpeg4915F95D-2F4B-4262-992A-92D6FD2B23F8 (resized).jpegFB6E81E5-020A-4E58-99E0-C38C40201E8E (resized).jpegFB6E81E5-020A-4E58-99E0-C38C40201E8E (resized).jpeg7B02892A-0058-4FD2-90E8-341A41030C9F (resized).jpeg7B02892A-0058-4FD2-90E8-341A41030C9F (resized).jpeg8C9EB3D7-8568-4753-95C6-F85AF049B388 (resized).jpeg8C9EB3D7-8568-4753-95C6-F85AF049B388 (resized).jpeg

5ED9AD05-9EEC-4E43-AD58-A3FBBA677B71 (resized).jpeg5ED9AD05-9EEC-4E43-AD58-A3FBBA677B71 (resized).jpeg
#10296 5 years ago

Also, why did it take me three years to finally buy a hand truck

That is the eternal question. What the hell did you use before? Your spine will love you now, particularly the 5 lumbar.

#10298 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Best part was the wife asked what game I got rid of

ADC4C6ED-1393-43DF-A301-503EC843BE60 (resized).jpegADC4C6ED-1393-43DF-A301-503EC843BE60 (resized).jpeg
#10331 5 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

Picked up a few machines today. The seller didn't have the keys to Tee'd Off so I couldn't put the head down.

And TFTC is wrapped in the bed...my man. Nice haul.

I now own two Baywatch machines. Hmm

But does one of them have less than 600 plays?

#10339 5 years ago
Quoted from Jordan_H:

Brought home a 1982 Bally Vector! This is my first machine. Needs some electrical work to get up and running

That’s a fantastic first pin to have. Congrats!

#10363 5 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

I just picked these 4 up in a package to restore over the winter. Great cosmetic shape.

I thought you were taking a break Matt? LOL. You sell a bunch, then bring in four more. Awesome. And another BSD!

#10365 5 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

Took a health break- bought the RV.... and now back in again.... I like pinball too much to get out!
Colson did you see there's another Frank in there!!

I certainly did not at first glance! PM sent. I’ll be over in an hour with a handtruck. LOL

#10371 5 years ago

Posted a quick gameplay vid on the 1812 for anybody interested, or those who may not have played/come across one before. I’ve been playing the hell out of this thing. Such a fun game with wacky ass sounds.

#10374 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This game is really fun. It had looked like there was going to be one at a local auction this weekend, but it wasn't

That sucks, but not surprising. Not an easy game to come by these days...other than this one, I haven't seen many in the last few years. Definitely a game worth the search and effort though.

#10395 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

BSD topper looks cool, where is that from? Can you post a pic of topper? Thanks

It's from Laseriffic.

https://laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-toppers/products/bram-strokers-dracula-3d-pinball-topper

#10396 5 years ago
Quoted from erczilla:

My first NIB machine! It plays amazing. I have always wanted a Monster Bash machine and thanks to the awesome people at the Chicago Gaming Company, I can finally call one mine! The SE LED upgrade is totally worth it!

And post a pic of that awesome pimped out EATPM...I like the red armor.

#10400 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Thanks Colson, that ones different than the one I bought from laseriffic, has been years ago though.

Edited my post with the direct Laseriffic link...I've seen quite a few BSD toppers that were done well. Still haven't grabbed one myself. Sounds like an item for the ol' list for St. Nick!

#10407 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Like you need more pins....

I meant the topper! BSD is in and never leaving my line up. Besides...one can never have enough games, right?

I like this one too...

5DE3650D-6AB7-4799-AE42-1A3A0370E229 (resized).jpeg5DE3650D-6AB7-4799-AE42-1A3A0370E229 (resized).jpeg
#10416 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Magneto has arrived! #115 of 250. Unboxed today and placed in basement with help from another Pinsider. Thanks, Adam!

A little more distance between the Marvel and DC games would be helpful. Like the quality and flow of their respective movie franchises.

Congrats on the NIB...great purchase. And a metal stool would be more fitting

#10427 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Like you need more pins....

Damn things keep jumping in my car...

622BA476-4482-44AD-9C2B-B7281C194AD7 (resized).jpeg622BA476-4482-44AD-9C2B-B7281C194AD7 (resized).jpeg

#10429 5 years ago

Yes sir.

538EB5AE-9D85-42A4-AD08-DAD2948F4E48 (resized).jpeg538EB5AE-9D85-42A4-AD08-DAD2948F4E48 (resized).jpeg
#10435 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

You PA guys are spoiled rotten - pins grow on trees there.......

Technically, it was in Jersey.

Colsond, was this the on in West Deptford?

It was. He said he got quite a few PM’s trying to start a bidding war, but luckily I know Bill and he doesn’t partake in such reindeer games.

#10437 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

@Colsond any chance of a picture of your mancave?
You know i am up for adoption right?!

Haha...I do have a spare bedroom. PDF the paperwork to me via email.

It’s a modest game room, I can’t even fit all of my pins in there. Looking to upgrade. I’ll throw up a pic later.

#10440 5 years ago

Wish I knew you were looking for one. I just acquired a pair of Electra's still in the trailer from the Delaware deal last month. Will unload her this month and post pictures.

I’m never actually looking for games

My wishlist is available for all to see. LOL. Elektra has been on it, but most of the ones I come across usually have blown out upper playfields, bad BG’s, and are non-working or have other major cosmetic issues. This one is very nice, but I’m a little over my limit with games. Just a little...

Did you get that Magic cabinet yet? I’ll swing up and grab the head.

#10455 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i want a MB! i think, right?

Pull the trigger man. I’m going to at some point.

#10487 5 years ago

Nabbed this guy yesterday. Dirty, but should clean up well

Game looks fun

#10509 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Sure wish I could get a scan of that HP backglass. Looks great.

Send him a scan of your left slingshot plastic and maybe he’ll reciprocate with a backglass scan.

#10520 5 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Is that your first Elektra? Such an amazing pin. I love mine.

Quoted from pfcjimmy:

Yes sir
Needs new rubber and a good cleaning and the LED treatment but will look nice when finished.

Awesome grab...especially if you picked it up on the cheap. Finally got mine set up and just finished shopping it. Very fun game.

I absolutely hate the bulb sockets Bally used on these games. Orange Titan rubbers look great on this one. Still have to play with a few sockets and install the correct flips on the bottom PF.

Here’s my before

5616654C-4C42-47C1-8861-EE649ADB015A (resized).jpeg5616654C-4C42-47C1-8861-EE649ADB015A (resized).jpeg
5D6C95F8-9D5F-4E4B-BAF2-F450D666A353 (resized).jpeg5D6C95F8-9D5F-4E4B-BAF2-F450D666A353 (resized).jpeg
After
A1F6F46A-ADC5-48AC-82AF-0661821B8BB4 (resized).jpegA1F6F46A-ADC5-48AC-82AF-0661821B8BB4 (resized).jpeg
0771BE80-63EF-4DD3-9810-89392032DF43 (resized).jpeg0771BE80-63EF-4DD3-9810-89392032DF43 (resized).jpeg
DC726EBD-7F46-40B7-8FBA-B23DD1F4BEB8 (resized).jpegDC726EBD-7F46-40B7-8FBA-B23DD1F4BEB8 (resized).jpeg

#10540 5 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Holy smokes! I would have never even considered transporting a pin in my Honda Fit; I'm amazed! Great to know for the future...

Well, it is called a Honda “Fit”, so you can make it happen

#10584 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

It's missing the rotating spotlight on the right but other than that it looks complete and only noticed 2 cracked plastics,

Quoted from pinostalgia:

great game and hard to find

Absolutely. I’ve heard it referred to as “the poor man’s Kingpin”. Definitely an awesome and rare find. I want an Excalibur, which aren’t easy to find either. Congrats Danny...great addition to the line up.

1 week later
#10635 5 years ago

Fast Eddie brought me a true HUO BK2000, totally mint and 100% original. I’m nerding out pretty hard!

That is one sweet BK2K. Congrats.

Quoted from firefighter:

Last pin purchase for the year.

I’ve heard that one before. The day is still young.

1 week later
#10670 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Two pins have eluded me for far too long. A Star Trek LE and a Seawitch. As luck would have it, both became available and I was lucky enough to pick up both in the same weekend.

Congrats on the Beatles pin...errr, I mean the Seawitch.

#10702 5 years ago

Do you have any pics?

#10710 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Like sipping a high end bourbon on a cold night

Looks like you were foretelling. Go to pour some Johnny Blue...nearly tapped. But luckily got a decent back up. And it’s 27 degrees outside.

A5DF75A2-4758-4902-B23E-933C47135898 (resized).jpegA5DF75A2-4758-4902-B23E-933C47135898 (resized).jpeg0652B7B1-67AB-470C-90B3-C7ADF13A9090 (resized).jpeg0652B7B1-67AB-470C-90B3-C7ADF13A9090 (resized).jpeg
#10745 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Had to look that one up. Interesting conversion

Yes it is....on the wishlist but not easy to find at all. CaptainNeo has a cherry example. If anybody has an uninstalled MW kit, I have a Kiss waiting.

#10751 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Is the MW kit an overlay or new playfield?

It was a playfield. From what I’ve heard, the kit was a backglass, a playfield, pop caps, plastics and drop targets. On top of having to also repaint the cabinet, you’re pretty much building a brand new game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,000 posts in this topic match your search for posts by colsond3. You are on page 2 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/2?tu=colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.