(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,654 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg
There are 28,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 574.
#13101 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Nice.
My daughters got me to go with them to "Spider Man Far From Home" last month. Pretty good.
I find that every time I play Stern Spider Man pinball in the wild, I enjoy it more than I thought I would. The shots feel good, even on some specimens that are a bit beat up.

I picked it up in a trade and wasn’t sure how much I’d like it. Very happy I made the trade. This game plays great. A lot of fun.

#13102 4 years ago

Picked up an obnoxious red dude today.
Stays in the kitchen until I have made room in the gameroom.

612F2584-258C-40A7-A929-6C4658301DCA (resized).jpeg612F2584-258C-40A7-A929-6C4658301DCA (resized).jpeg
#13103 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Picked up an obnoxious red dude today.
Stays in the kitchen until I have made room in the gameroom.[quoted image]

Great game, but tell more about that cart.

#13104 4 years ago

It is from a local hardware store. Rotating wheels which makes going up and down stairs very easy. Less than $50.
Have used it a lot the last 5-6 years and never any issue. Should be available in the US also I guess.

#13105 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

It is from a local hardware store.

What company produces them?

#13106 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

google “3 wheel stair climbing hand truck”. There are a lot of companies that make them

#13107 4 years ago

So.....got abducted during an early a.m. trip this morning. I voluntarily requested additional probing, so the little green guys and gals gave me a nice little parting memento once they were all done...a very nice SI.

Sweet example. Very nice cab, and only very minimal insert wear on the PF, both infrequent to come across on this title.
373980FB-FCA8-49AC-9888-7B648525A8E3 (resized).jpeg373980FB-FCA8-49AC-9888-7B648525A8E3 (resized).jpeg1BECEA3A-CD21-4102-B242-D5C72F90B67F (resized).jpeg1BECEA3A-CD21-4102-B242-D5C72F90B67F (resized).jpeg1B3E84A9-D4ED-4FA7-8341-BE4A975EECA9 (resized).jpeg1B3E84A9-D4ED-4FA7-8341-BE4A975EECA9 (resized).jpegDE8A784D-EF0C-4C95-91A6-4840FCE016D0 (resized).jpegDE8A784D-EF0C-4C95-91A6-4840FCE016D0 (resized).jpeg

#13108 4 years ago

Sweeeeet!

Picked this up as a project. Great price and only 20mns away, could not resist.
Display's dead though

20190818_172720 (resized).jpg20190818_172720 (resized).jpg
#13109 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So.....got abducted during an early a.m. trip this morning. I voluntarily requested additional probing, so the little green guys and gals gave me a nice little parting memento once they were all done...a very nice SI.
Sweet example. Very nice cab, and only very minimal insert wear on the PF, both infrequent to come across on this title.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice score

#13110 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

A Swedish company made the one I have but as stated above there are plenty different makes and models.
I think Stanley has one which should be available in the US.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13111 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

{sarcasm on}

I think you should be banned from posting for a bit, Colsond3 . You're making some of us feel jealous.

#13112 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Had a chance to pick one up here and there and then I remind myself that without exception every single wide body game I have played has been a snooze fest for some reason.

#13113 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Had a chance to pick one up here and there and then I remind myself that without exception every single wide body game I have played has been a snooze fest for some reason.

Way to kill my “just picked up a game” buzz and happiness there Gary.

They play differently than other pins, so you have to know how to play them. Hint hint. And pitch has to be at least 14.5 if not higher. I like a few, including this, Future Spa and Embryon.

#13114 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Paragon is not a snooze fest

#13115 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

{sarcasm on}
I think you should be banned from posting for a bit, colsond3 . You're making some of us feel jealous.

I admittedly have issues. I might be done posting in this thread for a bit...or am I?

#13116 4 years ago

Picked this up today.

0C6E24D2-F932-4D58-A88A-54FD9C0BC185 (resized).jpeg0C6E24D2-F932-4D58-A88A-54FD9C0BC185 (resized).jpeg
#13117 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I admittedly have issues. I might be done posting in this thread for a bit...or am I?

You will be fine. Just tell us all, that your house is actually a TARDIS.

#13118 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Paragon is not a snooze fest

Have not played that one yet.

#13119 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And pitch has to be at least 14.5 if not higher. I like a few, including this, Future Spa and Embryon.

Not like I can change the pitch of machine while at a show! That would be rude.

#13120 4 years ago

Surprised no one posted that they have got a TBL in their house yet!

#13121 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not like I can change the pitch of machine while at a show! That would be rude.

Sure you can. Open the ol’ PinGuy app and throw your phone right on the glass. Quick duck, crawl and lift and the game’ll be playin like a charm.
81A03EA1-D1DB-4294-8B7B-3217BEC39EA8 (resized).png81A03EA1-D1DB-4294-8B7B-3217BEC39EA8 (resized).png

#13122 4 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Picked this up today.[quoted image]

Looks Familiar.....

Traded that Nascar for this Doctor Who. been wanting Doctor Who for a while.
20190818_203829 (resized).jpg20190818_203829 (resized).jpg

#13123 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sure you can. Open the ol’ PinGuy app and throw your phone right on the glass. Quick duck, crawl and lift and the game’ll be playin like a charm.
[quoted image]

No can do, I feel creepy opening a coin door to add credits when at a show. Not my machine, I no touchy.

I'm willing to be proven wrong on the widebodies though, have to swing by your place and give it a go

Not going to name any titles I have tried, someone will be offended for sure.

I like'em tight and fast, the more crazy the action the better.

#13124 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Space invaders has such an awesome backglass.

#13125 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I like the whole theme and art, awesome looking pin.

#13126 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm willing to be proven wrong on the widebodies though, have to swing by your place and give it a go

You’re welcome to any time.

Quoted from dasvis:

Indeed...and awesome creepy PF art.

6F009410-B026-4EB3-A364-79E73D2DC1D9 (resized).jpeg6F009410-B026-4EB3-A364-79E73D2DC1D9 (resized).jpegF7B4034A-C893-4476-B1EC-64B9579E1B9A (resized).jpegF7B4034A-C893-4476-B1EC-64B9579E1B9A (resized).jpeg
#13127 4 years ago

There are many wide body pins that play exceedingly well. IMHO most wide bodies don't play well due to not being setup correctly, my Circus is a prime example, set on a 5 degree slope it is slow and listless with the ball floating around, but at 6 degrees it plays like a beast, fast despite a more open PF and it really compliments the variety of shots you need to make.

Love that space invaders Colson, it is another that when set up right it rocks!!

#13128 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

IMHO most wide bodies don't play well due to not being setup correctly, my Circus is a prime example, set on a 5 degree slope it is slow and listless with the ball floating around, but at 6 degrees it plays like a beast, fast despite a more open PF and it really compliments the variety of shots you need to make.

Slow and listless describes things well.

Shows are such a crapshoot sometimes, sellers should take more care in setup. I'm assuming you want to make a good impression on a buyer.
I'll play a game that has some much slope you can't get the ball up a ramp and the next one will be set so shallow that the ball needs a GPS while traveling from point A to B.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Played a Future Spa that was like that and I wanted to like the title, very cool backglass animation too.

#13129 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You’re welcome to any time.

Indeed...and awesome creepy PF art.[quoted image][quoted image]

Why can't any company make a cool backglass like that anymore? Aren't we supposed to become more innovative as time goes on???

#13130 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Why can't any company make a cool backglass like that anymore? Aren't we supposed to become more innovative as time goes on???

No, it’s gotten much worse. I second that. Now you get a crappy poster behind a sheet of clear glass. In my opinion, more games should have the infinity lights around the backbox too. Awesome feature.

#13131 4 years ago

With all the LE's, Pro's. and standard models they make out of each pin for commercial use, theyshould make a strictly "home edition" that has a real BG as opposed to translates. Home models should include every feature of all the models as well. Wishful thinking I know but, a pinhead can dream can't he???

#13132 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

There are many wide body pins that play exceedingly well. IMHO most wide bodies don't play well due to not being setup correctly, my Circus is a prime example, set on a 5 degree slope it is slow and listless with the ball floating around, but at 6 degrees it plays like a beast, fast despite a more open PF and it really compliments the variety of shots you need to make.
Love that space invaders Colson, it is another that when set up right it rocks!!

Every game has its sweet spot. I’m not a believer in setting the game where the manufacturer recommends. That’s for consistency in the arcades. Experiment....find the slope that plays best for you.

#13133 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Slow and listless describes things well.
Shows are such a crapshoot sometimes, sellers should take more care in setup. I'm assuming you want to make a good impression on a buyer.
I'll play a game that has some much slope you can't get the ball up a ramp and the next one will be set so shallow that the ball needs a GPS while traveling from point A to B.
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Played a Future Spa that was like that and I wanted to like the title, very cool backglass animation too.

My friend and I decided some people set their games so shallow that players will walk away after the first ball, minimizing the wear and tear on their game. That’s akin to bringing dead games to shows just to get free admission.

#13134 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sure you can. Open the ol’ PinGuy app

Why am I not finding this in the Google Play store?

#13135 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Every game has its sweet spot. I’m not a believer in setting the game where the manufacturer recommends. That’s for consistency in the arcades. Experiment....find the slope that plays best for you.

I find that setting them on or near what the manufacture recommends is pretty much the sweet spot. Been a few games where the angle has been wrong several shots could not be made as designed.

#13136 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

My friend and I decided some people set their games so shallow that players will walk away after the first ball, minimizing the amount of play and reducing the wear and tear on their game. That’s akin to bringing dead games just to get free admission to the show.

There was one restored EM game at Pintastic set so shallow it was dreadful. After 2 balls I was done, it was unplayable.

#13137 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Why am I not finding this in the Google Play store?

Only on Apple.

#13138 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Only on Apple.

I was looking for it on Google play also....

Darn, that's Android discrimination! lol

I'll have to have the GF put it on her phone....

#13139 4 years ago

It's called pinball leveller on google play

#13140 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It's called pinball leveller on google play

I just use "Bubble" on Android.

#13141 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Nice! Now lets see how long it takes to get that song out of my head.

Workin’ and practicin’!!!

#13142 4 years ago

And picked up another one today.
For this price I could not pass. 20 cts... Seller actually just wanted to make room.
Screenshot_20190815-162841_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190815-162841_Chrome (resized).jpg

#13143 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Workin’ and practicin’!!!

Whoaaa on our night moves.

#13144 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

And picked up another one today.
For this price I could not pass. 20 cts... Seller actually just wanted to make room.
[quoted image]

HA, I thought the price was just a fake price to add something, SCORE

#13145 4 years ago

Well it was an auction starting at 10 cts with a buy it now at 20 cts.
Bought it in the 10 mns it was created, thinking I had nothing to lose, it was either a mistake which the guy would then cancel or a guy needing to get rid of it.

Waited till the pick-up to brag but it was the second option! He did not even ask for the 20 cts bjt he got a great bottle of wine

My second free pinball so far!

#13146 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

There was one restored EM game at Pintastic set so shallow it was dreadful. After 2 balls I was done, it was unplayable.

Agreed! Several games were just un-playable due to leveling and failure to bring properly working games.

#13147 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Well it was an auction starting at 10 cts with a buy it now at 20 cts.
Bought it in the 10 mns it was created, thinking I had nothing to lose, it was either a mistake which the guy would then cancel or a guy needing to get rid of it.
Waited till the pick-up to brag but it was the second option! He did not even ask for the 20 cts bjt he got a great bottle of wine
My second free pinball so far!

If it was a scam I guess worse case you would have been out 20cts. Worth the chance

#13148 4 years ago

Brought this home today...17 machines, 52 playfields.

20190820_075421 (resized).jpg20190820_075421 (resized).jpg20190820_093552 (resized).jpg20190820_093552 (resized).jpg
#13149 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Brought this home today...17 machines, 52 playfields.[quoted image][quoted image]

nice score. I see some good stuff in there. What are your plans for all these?

#13150 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

nice score. I see some good stuff in there. What are your plans for all these?

Evaluating....elvira is the only one I'll probably end up keeping. The rest I'll either pass on as projects or restore a few. The playfields are the tough ones...many 60s, 70s gottliebs and ballys with all the mechs still attached. 90% of the platfields are populated to some degree. Some with nice art, some worn. I just am not well versed in EMs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
There are 28,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 574.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/263?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.