(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,636 posts
  • 2,294 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 582 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0327.jpeg
IMG_6671 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4118 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0219 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0224 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0218 (resized).jpeg
20240416_122827 (resized).jpg
20240416_122417 (resized).jpg
20240416_123832 (resized).jpg
IMG_1980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1953 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1954 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0550 (resized).jpeg
There are 28,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 573.
#7651 6 years ago

Picked up a WW last weekend! 7 hour round trip, worth it.

WW (resized).jpegWW (resized).jpeg

#7652 6 years ago

20180123_132832 (resized).jpg20180123_132832 (resized).jpg

#7653 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hey, that looks familiar. Nice to meet you Spinout. The leds weren't my idea. It came to me that way. I thought all the young guys like them and the only way I can get rid of them is to leave them in a game when I sell it.

Ha! Ha! Hello again. It was a pleasure.. and thank you for getting that beast out of the basement. I used your technique to get her into mine without my wife having to help. You have quite the cool collection going on! #44 and #47 bulbs are cheap as the day is long - amazing how many bulbs there are in that thing. Love the glow of an incandescent bulb. I can't even use LED lighting on anything in my house - the blue light, frequency of light, overly white, something bothers my eyes. Even the ones trying to impersonate an incandescent bulb just look like yellow LEDs to me. I know I am crazy.. hell, I have to order regular lamp incandescent bulbs on the internet now as stores don't carry them anymore. Thank you again!

#7654 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Picked up a WW last weekend! 7 hour round trip, worth it.

You already had two great systems 11 but the Whirlwind is for me the best of all. Excellent purchase, congratulations.

#7655 6 years ago
Quoted from spinout:

Ha! Ha! Hello again. It was a pleasure.. and thank you for getting that beast out of the basement. I used your technique to get her into mine without my wife having to help. You have quite the cool collection going on! #44 and #47 bulbs are cheap as the day is long - amazing how many bulbs there are in that thing. Love the glow of an incandescent bulb. I can't even use LED lighting on anything in my house - the blue light, frequency of light, overly white, something bothers my eyes. Even the ones trying to impersonate an incandescent bulb just look like yellow LEDs to me. I know I am crazy.. hell, I have to order regular lamp incandescent bulbs on the internet now as stores don't carry them anymore. Thank you again!

That's good you got in without summoning the wife. Makes it easier to sneak the next one in. As far as the bulbs go you're preaching to the choir. I am a bonified member of the incandescent fan club. Mostly just a bunch of cranky old timers in there, but they are a good group.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incandescent-bulb-fan-club/page/7#post-2807428

#7656 6 years ago
Quoted from spinout:

What is this solo moving technique?

#7657 6 years ago
Quoted from Badamack:

What is this solo moving technique?

With an EM a dolly is what I use. I have some outside stairs and I bring them in by myself all the time. Nothing complicated. I need help with later SS stuff where the head is attached though.

#7658 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

With an EM a dolly is what I use. I have some outside stairs and I bring them in by myself all the time. Nothing complicated. I need help with later SS stuff where the head is attached though.

Also, one leg at a time off on one end so you can set one end down on the floor and take the legs off the other side. Once fully on the floor, tip it up onto the dolly and out the door! Previously, I put the whole cabinet on top of something (2 storage bins, a desk) so I could get all 4 legs off and lift. This was easier. Then just tip in on its edge, onto the dolly and away she goes! Once at my house, I dolly it up to the front door, lay the dolly flat, pushed it over the door threshold on a blanket, slid it in and slid it right down the basement stairs. I previously had my wife help me carry... it was like carrying a casket with only 2 people! She was super angry afterwards! "The next time you buy something, you need to call your friends/brother etc.!!!"

#7659 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

That's good you got in without summoning the wife. Makes it easier to sneak the next one in. As far as the bulbs go you're preaching to the choir. I am a bonified member of the incandescent fan club. Mostly just a bunch of cranky old timers in there, but they are a good group.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incandescent-bulb-fan-club/page/7#post-2807428

HA! I am with you! I would love to see her face when one just appears in the basement! I like that photo someone posted... looked exactly like an icebox... the only LEDS in my house are on electronics/cable boxes and in the refrigerator. Grand Prix has quite a bit of yellow in the theme and the LEDs (being of a bluish frequency and odd color temp) gave it an odd cold yellow-green glow. She is now a nice warm shade of 1976-1977... you may notice I still have a few left to swap out in scores for players 3 and 4 and playing up #.

pb4 (resized).jpgpb4 (resized).jpg

#7660 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hey, that looks familiar. Nice to meet you Spinout. The leds weren't my idea. It came to me that way. I thought all the young guys like them and the only way I can get rid of them is to leave them in a game when I sell it.

Damn whippersnappers.

#7661 6 years ago
Quoted from BaronMARTo:

You already had two great systems 11 but the Whirlwind is for me the best of all. Excellent purchase, congratulations.

Thanks! For the money, the system 11 games are the most fun for me to play. Got to play Funhouse last weekend and it was also great.

Ready for the summer so that WW fan will cool me off!

#7662 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

system 11 games are the most fun for me to play. Got to play Funhouse last weekend and it was also great.

#7663 6 years ago

good catch.

#7664 6 years ago

Maybe he meant he liked system 11 games and also like funhouse since he got to play it this weekend lol. It would be easy for people to put bride and funhouse both in with the system 11 games since they are WPC but they don’t use DMD.

#7665 6 years ago

Black Knight 2K! one of my all time favorites!

https://imgur.com/a/DYnSG

27294863_683821674713_1867591425_n (resized).jpg27294863_683821674713_1867591425_n (resized).jpg
2018-01-24 11.50.54 (resized).jpg2018-01-24 11.50.54 (resized).jpg
2018-01-24 14.53.06 (resized).jpg2018-01-24 14.53.06 (resized).jpg

#7666 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Maybe he meant he liked system 11 games and also like funhouse since he got to play it this weekend lol. It would be easy for people to put bride and funhouse both in with the system 11 games since they are WPC but they don’t use DMD.

Woops! Thought Funhouse was a System 11!

#7667 6 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Woops! Thought Funhouse was a System 11!

It's ok, a lot of us did at some point in time lol! It's the lack of dmd thing.

#7668 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

The leds weren't my idea. It came to me that way. I thought all the young guys like them and the only way I can get rid of them is to leave them in a game when I sell it.

You are a young guy so I'm going to swap out all the incandescents for whatever leds I still have laying around on whatever machines I'm going send you, and you're gonna like it!

#7669 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You are a young guy so I'm going to swap out all the incandescents for whatever leds I still have laying around on whatever machines I'm going send you, and you're gonna like it!

That's ok. The price is right. I have been too lazy to take them out of the last few games I've gotten.

#7670 6 years ago

Time Fantasy delivered from the east coast2018-01-24 15.10.13 (resized).jpg2018-01-24 15.10.13 (resized).jpg

#7671 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

The price is right.

that's why you get no warranty

#7672 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Time Fantasy delivered from the east coast

Oh yeah...snail time baby!

#7673 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Time Fantasy delivered from the east coast

I wonder if that's the Time Fantasy I was playing at Pintastic last year...nice grab. Such an awkwardly awesome and attractive game.

#7674 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I wonder if that's the Time Fantasy I was playing at Pintastic last year...nice grab. Such an awkwardly awesome and attractive game.

I don't know. Seller lives in Vermont.

#7675 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I think the Time Fantasy at Pintastic had some significant wear, that one there looks incredible.

#7676 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I'd bet some cheddar that's the one. Not a game you see too often.

And if it is the one, that thing was in fantastic shape.

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I think the Time Fantasy at Pintastic had some significant wear, that one there looks incredible.

I don't know James...I think you're mistaken.

The one I played up there was in the free play area on the end....and it was nice. @zacaj, ForceFlow and I spent a good amount of time staring at it.

#7677 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I'm with you--there's no way that's the same one.

I'll have to check, I think I have a photo of my son playing it.

#7678 6 years ago

So I finally found a nice HUO Hulk locally and decided to pull the trigger. I’ve wanted once since they came out. This is such a great underrated game! I’ve been working on it and playing it since I brought it home last Saturday. Some of the things I’ve done so far:

1. Green undercab lighting
2. LED strips on the back of the back box tied to flashers
3. Trimmed the Thor plastic so I can see the drop targets
4. Fixed the Hulk arms so the ball doesn’t get stuck
5. Shimmed the Black Widow ramp for perfectly smooth shots
6. Trimmed the Loki lock plastic to make the right orbit visible
7. Added the clear sling shot plastic mod so the Loki inserts are visible
8. Corrected the lighting for the apron (looks much better in person)
9. Changed the coin door bulbs to green LEDs
10. Installed brighter LEDs in the apron spotlights
11. Changed all the flasher bulbs to LEDs

And the one thing this game desperately needed...a brighter playfield!

12. Added 4 spotlights on playfield

The Avenger speaker acrylics and LEDs will be here tomorrow, and I’m still trying to decide if the color DMD is worth the price tag. Can’t think of much else to do to this game.

How does it look with the added spotlights?

A0DFAF5F-5707-42C1-BDD3-BF35E3E28CCD (resized).jpegA0DFAF5F-5707-42C1-BDD3-BF35E3E28CCD (resized).jpeg

5F68F01B-39BE-4699-95BE-4242562D5922 (resized).jpeg5F68F01B-39BE-4699-95BE-4242562D5922 (resized).jpeg

#7679 6 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

I'm with you--there's no way that's the same one.
I'll have to check, I think I have a photo of my son playing it.

Wasn't there two of them at that show?

Here's one of them at pintastic 2017. Marked as not for sale.

20170708100052904 (resized).jpg20170708100052904 (resized).jpg

[edit]: Yep, there were two there.

20170707000052776 (resized).jpg20170707000052776 (resized).jpg
#7680 6 years ago

Hmm. When we were there the first morning, there was only one. The one we played was for sale, if I recall correctly. I also thought it was in a different spot in the room.

#7681 6 years ago

Yeah mine has significant flaking in the reds on the backglass. Those look much better.

#7682 6 years ago

Jazzed about this grab! Crazy how many people just have one pinball machine randomly in their house and it just sits there for years.

9E23601E-56AB-405A-94A6-FBE9EBD3BBA8 (resized).jpeg9E23601E-56AB-405A-94A6-FBE9EBD3BBA8 (resized).jpeg

#7683 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisRAD:

Crazy how many people just have one pinball machine randomly in their house and it just sits there for years.

Usually they play it for about a year or two and then when the batteries go dead or start to leak, it just sits there until the children are all grown up and leave home.

#7684 6 years ago

Just picked up this HUO Champion Pub today. I sold the one I had a couple of years ago and I was missing it. This beauty has all matching boards very clean
No Play field wear no cabinet damage
Plays like new.

24D6A53E-EC27-4EBE-9671-8210627D99B9 (resized).jpeg24D6A53E-EC27-4EBE-9671-8210627D99B9 (resized).jpeg

C3290642-076E-4BC5-A084-7D3B3521A638 (resized).jpegC3290642-076E-4BC5-A084-7D3B3521A638 (resized).jpeg

34A694D1-CD4E-477E-A0FC-BC4ED6F5DF1C (resized).jpeg34A694D1-CD4E-477E-A0FC-BC4ED6F5DF1C (resized).jpeg

D5B8A334-C6EE-4095-B0EB-5A297CC66649 (resized).jpegD5B8A334-C6EE-4095-B0EB-5A297CC66649 (resized).jpeg

B6BE24D9-200C-4CF6-9B66-9421CA943A93 (resized).jpegB6BE24D9-200C-4CF6-9B66-9421CA943A93 (resized).jpeg

#7685 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Black Knight 2K! one of my all time favorites!
https://imgur.com/a/DYnSG

Great game one of my all time favorited as well.

#7686 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Usually they play it for about a year or two and then when the batteries go dead or start to leak, it just sits there until the children are all grown up and leave home.

they didnt change the batteries until the other day....they had it for 10 years

#7687 6 years ago

edited > this is not the thread to be questioning a claim of HUO.

I am sorry. Enjoy your new game.

#7688 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Huo? Looks like ghosted inserts and pf planking. Sad to see a home owner took such bad care of it. Must have left it in cold storage for years?

Wow! you can see all that you are amazing! people like you are one of the reasons people don't like to post on here!

#7689 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Wow! you can see all that you are amazing! people like you are one of the reasons people don't like to post on here!

I was not trying to be a jerk. That is a good example how HUO games that are not taken care of properly can get issues. Look at the inserts by the flippers. All the pill inserts have clear coat raised and ghosting. The KO insert area has planking it the pf. It takes a glance to see these imperfections. People often assume that 'huo' infers a condition but it just means that the game is expected to only have been in a non commercial spot for its life.

If someone does not take care of the game then things happen.

Still looks like a great game! Enjoy the new score!

#7691 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Huo? Looks like ghosted inserts and pf planking. Sad to see a home owner took such bad care of it. Must have left it in cold storage for years?

You question it's HUO by 3 inserts that have slight clear ghosting???? Did you see that cab? Are you ever positive about anything in your posts? Go away you keyboard cowboy!

#7692 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was not trying to be a jerk. That is a good example how HUO games that are not taken care of properly can get issues. Look at the inserts by the flippers. All the pill inserts have clear coat raised and ghosting. The KO insert area has planking it the pf. It takes a glance to see these imperfections. People often assume that 'huo' infers a condition but it just means that the game is expected to only have been in a non commercial spot for its life.
If someone does not take care of the game then things happen.
Still looks like a great game! Enjoy the new score!

Self appointed guru,
How do you take care of a WPC-95 game on insert ghosting as the whole world would love to know? Only way is playfeild protector which they did not have in 1998. You think the HOU owner did not try to prevent planking? That really isn’t full planking as in clear coat not wood as I am sure you know. You can have a perfect game and put into a different temperature controlled environment and it can start immediately. Many of us use steamed controlled humidifiers on our main HVAC units to control exact humidity year round but still no fool proof way to prevent. As depends what the previous environments are. I won’t buy games from high humidity climates because Colorado is dry and they will plank. Safe cracker is the only WPC 95 game in your collection.

#7693 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Inserts on WPC games can ghost. CV is infamous for it, for example.

A single crack line doesn't mean the playfield is planked. It could just be a manufacturing defect. I've seen it on a few games before, and the playfields were fine.

#7694 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Inserts on WPC games can ghost. CV is infamous for it, for example.
A single crack line doesn't mean the playfield is planked. It could just be a manufacturing defect. I've seen it on a few games before, and the playfields were fine.

Exactly!!! Perfectly said.

#7695 6 years ago

I come on this thread to be excited by other people’s excitement of their new/old machine. Let’s just ignore the critic.
Love some of the stuff you guys come across. Some really great finds.

#7696 6 years ago

Huo only? Did anyone else notice that there are coin slots on that machine? Who uses coins in a Huo machine?

#7697 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I come on this thread to be excited by other people’s excitement of their new/old machine. Let’s just ignore the critic.
Love some of the stuff you guys come across. Some really great finds.

Well said!! Love looking at new games by new pinsiders and old pinsiders

#7698 6 years ago

IMG_20180126_142849906 (resized).jpgIMG_20180126_142849906 (resized).jpg

#7699 6 years ago

Pretty exciting day today I opened up a batman 66 super le and spent a good portion of the day installing the playfield protector and doing updates

IMG_7215 (resized).jpgIMG_7215 (resized).jpg
IMG_7233 (resized).jpgIMG_7233 (resized).jpg
IMG_7213 (resized).jpgIMG_7213 (resized).jpg

#7700 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Just picked up this HUO Champion Pub today. I sold the one I had a couple of years ago and I was missing it. This beauty has all matching boards very clean
No Play field wear no cabinet damage
Plays like new.

I edited my post. i am sorry. This is not the thread for debating the merits of HUO moniker.

It is for congratulating on a new game people are excited about.

Congrats on your new game and I hope you enjoy it! Nice score!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 24.95
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 28,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 573.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/154 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.