(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,166 posts
  • 1,509 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by dc2010
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11,629 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tenor (resized).png
met2 (resized).jpg
20190820_093552 (resized).jpg
20190820_075421 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190815-162841_Chrome (resized).jpg
6F009410-B026-4EB3-A364-79E73D2DC1D9 (resized).jpeg
F7B4034A-C893-4476-B1EC-64B9579E1B9A (resized).jpeg
20190818_203829 (resized).jpg
81A03EA1-D1DB-4294-8B7B-3217BEC39EA8 (resized).png
0C6E24D2-F932-4D58-A88A-54FD9C0BC185 (resized).jpeg
20190818_172720 (resized).jpg
DE8A784D-EF0C-4C95-91A6-4840FCE016D0 (resized).jpeg
1BECEA3A-CD21-4102-B242-D5C72F90B67F (resized).jpeg
1B3E84A9-D4ED-4FA7-8341-BE4A975EECA9 (resized).jpeg
373980FB-FCA8-49AC-9888-7B648525A8E3 (resized).jpeg
612F2584-258C-40A7-A929-6C4658301DCA (resized).jpeg

There are 13166 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 264.
#7101 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I think every collector should have at least one woodrail. But which one? This woodrail came up for sale here in Tucson but was this the one I wanted to add to Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour? I asked ryanclaytor and he told me, in no uncertain terms, that, YES, I should buy it. So, I did! Thanks Ryan!

Wow, Pecos , that looks great. Playfield looks quite nice and...

Quoted from ZNET:

I have a pretty good extra original backglass for Queen of Hearts, if you're unhappy with the degraded one in the photo. PM me, if interested.

...Bruce, what a cool offer. Here's hoping something can be worked out.

Regardless, congrats, Pecos!!!

#7102 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Pecos, You did well. Queen of Hearts is among the very best of woodrails. Neyens himself deemed it his best design. I have a pretty good extra original backglass for Queen of Hearts, if you're unhappy with the degraded one in the photo. PM me, if interested.

PM sent! Thanks ZNET!

You can't tell very well from the pic but the backglass is toast. I'm not complaining though. The rest of the machine is in good shape - everything but the playfield glass. The seller's neighbor broke the playfield glass this very morning. OOPS!

This is my first woodrail, and probably my last, so I am just learning about these. The playfield glass and backglass are thicker that what I am used to. Question - can I put a standard 70s playfield glass in a woodrail? I'm seriously considering putting some mylar on both sides of the cracked area and using it as is. It is only in a small portion of the right upper corner and I really like the thickness.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wow, Pecos , that looks great. Playfield looks quite nice and...

Thanks Ryan! Playfield and pop bumper caps are exceptional for a pin 65 years old. I am very happy to get this Queen of Hearts and am looking forward to restoring it. I'm sure that lots of surprises await me!

#7103 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

PM sent! Thanks ZNET!
You can't tell very well from the pic but the backglass is toast. I'm not complaining though. The rest of the machine is in good shape - everything but the playfield glass. The seller's neighbor broke the playfield glass this very morning. OOPS!
This is my first woodrail, and probably my last, so I am just learning about these. The playfield glass and backglass are thicker that what I am used to. Question - can I put a standard 70s playfield glass in a woodrail? I'm seriously considering putting some mylar on both sides of the cracked area and using it as is. It is only in a small portion of the right upper corner and I really like the thickness.

Thanks Ryan! Playfield and pop bumper caps are exceptional for a pin 65 years old. I am very happy to get this Queen of Hearts and am looking forward to restoring it. I'm sure that lots of surprises await me!

Any standard sized top glass will work on a Gottlieb woodrail, including Queen of Hearts. Chicago Coin's woodrails were longer and not interchangeable, though.

Don't be so sure that this will be your last woodrail. Woodrails are fantastic! There are more avenues to a replay on Queen of Hearts than 3 typical seventies games combined.

Your playfield looks to be excellent. Most have wear in the grid and around the gobble holes. Yours seems to have escaped those high traffic areas. Congrats!

#7104 1 year ago

Brought home a rough container pin BSD that will get the full restore treatment next year. I have wanted one for a few years now, I'm so happy i finally got one that i can carry out a full rebuild on.

20171126_170627 (resized).jpg

#7105 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

Brought home a rough container pin BSD that will get the full restore treatment next year. I have wanted one for a few years now, I'm so happy i finally got one that i can carry out a full rebuild on.

Awesome. You grab the tombstone cover in anticipation of getting one? If you need another, let me know.

#7106 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Awesome. You grab the tombstone cover in anticipation of getting one? If you need another, let me know.

Yeah i knew i was going to get a BSD as soon as one came up, and didn't want to miss out on the Tombstone mod! It all just came together this time.
Will message you soon!

#7107 1 year ago

Brought home a GTB Genie, yesterday. Bought in the Los Angeles area for $700. Playfield is in excellent condition, but the BG is another story. The ball won't kick out, and the score displays are wonky, but I'm happy with the purchase.

20171126_165243 (resized).jpg

20171125_231833 (resized).jpg

20171126_052230 (resized).jpg

#7108 1 year ago

This is a belated post:

Brought home this El Dorado, a couple weeks ago. Won it on eBay for around $1500. Drove 16-17 hours roundtrip to Tucson, AZ. This was my first pin.

It has issues with the score wheel, worn playfield, and shoddy wiring job, by previous owner. . . But I still love it.

The combination of the yellow & orange playfield with the incandescent bulbs, just look awesome and inviting. Going to slowly put some money into it, and bring it back to it's glory days.

My girlfriend was onboard with this purchase . . . she said our future kids would love playing it.

20171126_172733 (resized).jpg

20171126_172454 (resized).jpg

#7109 1 year ago
Quoted from Health:

Brought home this El Dorado, a couple weeks ago. Won it on eBay for around $1500.

This is a hard one to find. Great game, and a total collectable. Awesome pickup. Start with those score reels.

#7110 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

Nice pickup micky. I just sold mine to Hashman in Melbourne. He loves it. Fully restored with colourDMD. Awesome game.

#7111 1 year ago
Quoted from Health:

Brought home a GTB Genie, yesterday. Bought in the Los Angeles area for $700. Playfield is in excellent condition, but the BG is another story. The ball won't kick out, and the score displays are wonky, but I'm happy with the purchase.

Quoted from Health:

This is a belated post:
Brought home this El Dorado, a couple weeks ago. Won it on eBay for around $1500. Drove 16-17 hours roundtrip to Tucson, AZ. This was my first pin.
It has issues with the score wheel, worn playfield, and shoddy wiring job, by previous owner. . . But I still love it.
The combination of the yellow & orange playfield with the incandescent bulbs, just look awesome and inviting. Going to slowly put some money into it, and bring it back to it's glory days.
My girlfriend was onboard with this purchase . . . she said our future kids would love playing it.

Welcome to the hobby! Let me know when you start your restore threads! Would love to follow.

#7112 1 year ago

Monday Night Fooseball Bobby!
Next to my World Cup Soccer!

20171120_180737 (resized).jpg

#7113 1 year ago

Just brought these two beautys home in the last week

20171125_001646 (resized).jpg

20171124_233739 (resized).jpg

20171116_073102 (resized).jpg

#7114 1 year ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Just brought these two beautys home in the last week

They are definitely a duo i would be keen to have!
They look great! Congrats on your new pins.

#7115 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Nice pickup micky. I just sold mine to Hashman in Melbourne. He loves it. Fully restored with colourDMD. Awesome game.

Thanks Scott! It is an awesome game and so brutally hard some days. Makes you want to hate it, but it is so much fun.
I can't wait to start restoring mine next year

#7116 1 year ago

Never thought I would find one of these for sale. Guess the rare game you’re not looking for is the one you find...

957E617B-8464-4D9D-90FC-5A64712C4BAD (resized).jpeg

#7117 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Never thought I would find one of these for sale. Guess the rare game you’re not looking for is the one you find...

Awesome pick up!! Some of the best audio in a game in my opinion. I grabbed one last year and ended up having to move it, but luckily my buddy has it and I have first dibs to get it back.

#7118 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Awesome pick up!! Some of the best audio in a game in my opinion. I grabbed one last year and ended up having to move it, but luckily my buddy has it and I have first dibs to get it back.

Hmm, I don't have it?

#7119 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

No i got first dibs lol

#7120 1 year ago

Fish tales! Restoration to begin soon!

0D5FF729-4174-495B-8FB8-68EBD3D932E4 (resized).jpeg

CF26C5DA-6F57-40D8-89F8-0D3AE891AF9B (resized).jpeg

#7121 1 year ago

I just picked up a SWeeT Lethal Weapon 3 ! SCORE, way under Pinside HIGH! It all looked OK until.... How appropriate to find an open condom wrapper beneath the manual. Can someone tell me how the hell does this happen? Who's raping pinball machines? SiCKoS! lol What treasures holiday deals brings!

20171127_130502 (resized).jpg
20171127_130936 (resized).jpg

#7122 1 year ago

sleric I almost bought that but I think u near me to the punch!

#7123 1 year ago
Quoted from SLeRiC:

I just picked up a SWeeT Lethal Weapon 3 ! SCORE, way under Pinside HIGH! It all looked OK until.... How appropriate to find an open condom wrapper beneath the manual. Can someone tell me how the hell does this happen? Who's raping pinball machines? SiCKoS! lol What treasures holiday deals brings!

Let's hope it's just the wrapper you find!

#7124 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Fish tales! Restoration to begin soon!

Nice, I cant wait to follow along with your resto thread. Did you locate a playfield?

#7125 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

It's got new rubbers!

#7126 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Hmm, I don't have it?

You have enough of my games!! LOL. You would like 1812...it's a fantastic game.

Quoted from dhard:

No i got first dibs lol

Yes you do.

Quoted from yzfguy:

It's got new rubbers!

Beat me to it, you bastard.

#7127 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

lets hope it is still in the wrapper not somewhere else in the macine.

#7128 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's got new rubbers!

Open wrapper so not new rubbers. Used rubbers

#7129 1 year ago
Quoted from Health:

This is a belated post:

Congrats on your 1st pinball purchase. You chose a good title.

Many enthusiasts enjoy driving long distances to inspect potential game purchases. Others, like me, do not and typically hire professionals to retrieve and deliver games.

For an eBay purchase, you may wish to consider simply utilizing STI (Michelle Bianchi) to deliver your game door-to-door. The cost is typically $300 - $400, insured, depending upon origin and destination and the existence or absence of staircases on either end. Feel free to private message me for contact information, if interested.

Also, fellow collectors (like Bob Cunningham and Pinballs On The Move) offer delivery services in some states for about $300. Still others utilize U-Ship. Again, feel free to PM me for details.

Considering the cost of fuel, tolls and wear and tear on your vehicle, not to mention the value of your time, attendant to a 16 - 17 hour road trip, you may agree that hiring a delivery service is actually more economical. Sometimes, it is necessary to personally embark on a road trip to secure the right deal for the right game, e.g. where the game is uber rare, requires in-person visual inspection, or the seller requires cash payment. For purchases which do not fall into those categories, consider the above alternatives.

Believe it or not, you will likely own several games before you become a parent and by the time you are ready to bequeath your collection to your kids, you will likely have upgraded to a HUO El Dorado.

#7130 1 year ago

You guys can fit in those rubbers?magnums or rawdog...........

#7131 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Last night's pick-up. I saved it before it got tossed in a dumpster by a landlord who was cleaning out stuff that a tenant left behind.
It was one of the most difficult games I've ever cracked open--it took most of the afternoon. The key was missing, the door was rusted shut, the lockbar receiver was rusted shut, and the playfield hooks were rusted to the receiver. Surprisingly, the ball was not rusty at all. The playfield parts were rust free as well. The game was in a garage, and I'm guessing there was a spill that was aggravated by being stored next to some road/sidewalk salt.
Since I already have a Sinbad and plenty of other winter projects, I may pass this along to someone else. I'm pretty sure I have a lockbar receiver, playfield hooks, and apron kicking around. Lockbars and coin doors aren't too hard to find. Once I locate those parts, I'll probably put up an ad in the marketplace.

Does this pin win the Rustiest pin award? Most rust I have seen on a pin so far.

#7132 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Does this pin win the Rustiest pin award? Most rust I have seen on a pin so far.

You need to get out more. That is faaaaaaaar from the rustiest pinball machine ive seen. The playfield on that thing is in pretty nice shape. Most rust damage pins have destroyed playfield machinery underneath. I’m guessing from the state of the metal on the top side of the playfield that the bottom side is in pretty decent shape too.

#7133 1 year ago

How about some love for the Hoff?

Baywatch (resized).jpg

#7134 1 year ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

You need to get out more. That is faaaaaaaar from the rustiest pinball machine ive seen. The playfield on that thing is in pretty nice shape. Most rust damage pins have destroyed playfield machinery underneath. I’m guessing from the state of the metal on the top side of the playfield that the bottom side is in pretty decent shape too.

Yeah, the rust & corrosion was mainly limited to the hardware on the front of the cabinet (coin door, lockbar, lockbar receiver, shooter rod/plate, playfield hooks, apron, metal covers for leg bolt anchors, knocker).

Pretty much everything else was fine.

20171125162843813 (resized).jpg

#7135 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, the rust & corrosion was mainly limited to the hardware on the front of the cabinet (coin door, lockbar, lockbar receiver, shooter rod/plate, playfield hooks, apron, metal covers for leg bolt anchors, knocker).
Pretty much everything else was fine.

The underside of that playfield looks great!

#7136 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

PM sent! Thanks ZNET!

pecos If you need any wood rail parts let too-many-pins know as he said that he has a lot of parts

#7137 1 year ago

My most stunning addition to date. Photos don’t do it justice

B58CAF38-27DB-4F12-AE61-F9AC7A1B00F8 (resized).jpeg

#7138 1 year ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

My most stunning addition to date

Looks great!
Congratulations.

#7139 1 year ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

My most stunning addition to date. Photos don’t do it justice

That mirrored apron is sick! Who makes em?

#7140 1 year ago

so it nice? i can't tell, lol.

#7141 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That mirrored apron is sick! Who makes em?

64D5E325-286F-41DA-9F4A-8DB900F61459 (resized).png

#7143 1 year ago

$500 ft playfield is sooo tempting! Damn, wish my funds weren't low

#7144 1 year ago

With some help, picked up this oddball game today

IMG_4153.JPG (resized).jpeg

#7146 1 year ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Super fun and challenging. Would do great on location I think.

#7147 1 year ago

Great game. I bought mine NIB for $200.00 back in the 80's. For some reason they did not do well on the streets and were closed out by the manufacturer. Warehouse Of Games in St. Louis had about a dozen of them. Wish I had bought them all! Used to get a lot of play at my home back in my party days. Only problem was kids leaving the game before it ended and having to listen to that awful siren noise playing endlessly.

#7148 1 year ago

I always wanted one of those, it reminds me of a mechanical version of my Frenzy

(If anyone wants to sell their Fire Escape I would be interested)

Frenzy.png

#7149 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Great game. I bought mine NIB for $200.00 back in the 80's. For some reason they did not do well on the streets and were closed out by the manufacturer. Warehouse Of Games in St. Louis had about a dozen of them. Wish I had bought them all! Used to get a lot of play at my home back in my party days. Only problem was kids leaving the game before it ended and having to listen to that awful siren noise playing endlessly.

I would guess it "did not do well" because it is so darn hard to master!
I tried it for the first time a while back, and it frustrated me to no end! lol
would love to have one though...

#7150 1 year ago

Saw a totally restored one of these in person last Saturday while dropping off a Track & Field cocktail to a collector I met on KLOV. Nice pick up!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 89.99
There are 13166 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 264.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside