(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,239 posts
  • 1,512 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Thor-NL
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11,679 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190824_085955 (resized).jpg
20190824_090015 (resized).jpg
20190815_201802 (resized).jpg
1FAA04A1-D2BF-4817-A11D-6502314E87B5.gif
8EB63990-9F69-428F-9D99-E29EA7BF4D7B (resized).jpeg
DSCN6397 (resized).JPG
FJIMG_20190823_195103 (resized).jpg
DSCN6394 (resized).JPG
DSCN6393 (resized).JPG
FEC7DDAE-6ACD-4CA6-AF8A-FE2C4E25EA59 (resized).png
65EE78F8-C832-47AC-AB64-3B639AD1A6BE (resized).jpeg
0823191345 (resized).jpg
2019-08-23 12.50.15 (resized).jpg
2019-08-23 12.56.41 (resized).jpg
35AD5A10-48A4-4130-BBF6-3783D395E73B (resized).jpeg
E4D73379-71DE-4A31-8DC8-90C4D2608148 (resized).jpeg

There are 13239 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 265.
#7001 1 year ago

Last night silverunicorn and I went and picked this game up from a co-worker. It is my first machine and I definitely owe a big thanks to him for answering questions and helping me with transport. He didn't have to help me transport my game but he was more than willing. Great member of the pinball community!

The game was given to me by a co-worker who had the game at her house. Apparently, the machine came with the house when they bought it. When she found out I loved pinball, she said I could have it as long as I came to pick it up. So it was a no brainer. Overall, the playfield isn't bad at all! Most of the wear is up by the spinners. Some lights are out but I'm planning to LED the whole thing anyways so that isn't a big deal. The backbox may not be the original box or it was painted by the previous owner. Not ideal but I can't complain considering it was free. At first glance, switches all seem to register and the flippers are still in great shape. I'm super excited to finally have a game.

The only downside... I'm flying to Milwaukee for a wedding today so I'm going to have to wait a few days before I can really dive into the game.

Thanks again for the help silverunicorn!

IMG_4523 (resized).JPG

#7002 1 year ago

I love Star Light. It's a fun game.

#7003 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

He got me beat, did three at once on two different trips. I bet I could have done four or five tops.

I did 3 comfortably earlier this year. Could probably do 4 standing up but more risky

a33d52e250bfca1d13ef3882beeb4c32f492e465.jpg

#7004 1 year ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

I'm super excited to finally have a game.

Congrats! "The game that saved pinball!"

High Speed was my first too. I can still feel the rush of the rotating police beacon and siren multi-ball, remembering the excited onlookers back-in-the-day. But multi-ball doesn't last long. Gotta do it again! ... and again!

#7005 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Could probably do 4 standing up but more risky

I've done 4 many times with a 6' box. The trick is to feed a rope through the small
passenger side cracked open window, through the opened drivers door, around the standing
machines, and then one more full circled loop. The drivers door closes on the rope.
Now that I have a trailer (and no room), those days are over, but can be done pretty
much risk free..

#7006 1 year ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

The only downside... I'm flying to Milwaukee for a wedding today so I'm going to have to wait a few days before I can really dive into the game.

While in Milwaukee you can find a place or two that has games and at least get some pinball in before you head home to play your own game (assuming you have any free time).

There's really no better way to start the pinball hobby than with a free game, especially one that's actually fun to play.

Dave

#7007 1 year ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Last night silverunicorn and I went and picked this game up from a co-worker. It is my first machine and I definitely owe a big thanks to him for answering questions and helping me with transport. He didn't have to help me transport my game but he was more than willing. Great member of the pinball community!
The game was given to me by a co-worker who had the game at her house. Apparently, the machine came with the house when they bought it. When she found out I loved pinball, she said I could have it as long as I came to pick it up. So it was a no brainer. Overall, the playfield isn't bad at all! Most of the wear is up by the spinners. Some lights are out but I'm planning to LED the whole thing anyways so that isn't a big deal. The backbox may not be the original box or it was painted by the previous owner. Not ideal but I can't complain considering it was free. At first glance, switches all seem to register and the flippers are still in great shape. I'm super excited to finally have a game.
Thanks again for the help silverunicorn!

It was my pleasure to help you. The High Soeed, while not perfect, plays extremely well. It is a perfect first machine.

The move had its challenges for sure. I still feel bad about the wall, but we got it in with minimal issue, and the game was intact

I had forgotten how much I love High Speed. It has some classic Williams sounds for sure!

Enjoy it!
Chris

#7008 1 year ago

Chris is a great dude! Casey is a great dude!

So happy you have made each others aquaintence.

#7009 1 year ago

The Walking Dead was dropped off yesterday. My first NIB.

IMG_20171115_141558 (resized).jpg

#7010 1 year ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I've done 4 many times with a 6' box.

Well I would have done four if there had been four to buy or I had sold four

I was really tempted to buy that forth but left before Colson could convince me.

#7011 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

The move had its challenges for sure. I still feel bad about the wall, but we got it in with minimal issue, and the game was intact

I feel like there's a story here

#7012 1 year ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I feel like there's a story here

The house it came out of was gorgeous. The game room loft was on the second floor. The steps went down, made 2 turns, and then down again. And they were VERY nice hardwood steps. I was paranoid of scratching them. We got out of that situation unscathed, but at the turn realized we couldn' make the turn with the game on the handtruck. and not much room to remove it without taking it back up the stps.

Anyway, we get to the destination. Get the game in the house with no issues. My genius idea was that we could slide the machine down the steps on the carpet because again, there was limited room at the bottom and the game and handtruck would not fit. So that's what we did. Which worked really well, until I missed a step and fell backwards. the game slid down about 6 steps, and marked up the wall on the way down. No gouges, but I felt pretty bad about it. I take pride in moving things well, and this was a stupid mistake on my part.

I have 2 cool bruises, but nobody got hurt, the game was okay, and the wall really wasn't that bad. I just feld bad about the whole thing.

Chris

#7013 1 year ago

The house it came out of was gorgeous. The game room loft was on the second floor. The steps went down, made 2 turns, and then down again. And they were VERY nice hardwood steps. I was paranoid of scratching them. We got out of that situation unscathed, but at the turn realized we couldn' make the turn with the game on the handtruck. and not much room to remove it without taking it back up the stps.
Anyway, we get to the destination. Get the game in the house with no issues. My genius idea was that we could slide the machine down the steps on the carpet because again, there was limited room at the bottom and the game and handtruck would not fit. So that's what we did. Which worked really well, until I missed a step and fell backwards. the game slid down about 6 steps, and marked up the wall on the way down. No gouges, but I felt pretty bad about it. I take pride in moving things well, and this was a stupid mistake on my part.
I have 2 cool bruises, but nobody got hurt, the game was okay, and the wall really wasn't that bad. I just feld bad about the whole thing.
Chris

Sounds like when I brought Baby Pac-Man home to the new mancave. That thing is too freakin' heavy... we tried sliding it, buddy lost his grip and I was the only thing between that hulking yellow beast, and the bottom of a flight of stairs.
It was not fun; I made it out okay, but the stairs didn't fair so well! And so before I could work on the Baby Pac project, I had to sand and stain the freshly created staircase project...

Lesson? Bring stronger friends!

#7014 1 year ago
Quoted from SpectreKombat:

The Walking Dead was dropped off yesterday. My first NIB.

Nice pick up. Congrats on your first NIB!
I love the walking dead....it's such a great game to play!

#7015 1 year ago

Chris

At least Chris you didn't do what I see in the movies of tying a rope (loosely) around the pin and lower it out the window.

#7016 1 year ago

43641 (resized).jpeg

#7017 1 year ago

I was deliberating on trading a freshly gone through ball bowler for three machines,
with this one being one of them. "Jodini" gave the thumbs up, so I went with the trade..
It took a while to go through this one, but now almost complete. It still needs a little more
work cosmetically, but it plays fine. I have a couple of the more familiar P & Bs with the
men-run-the-bases set up, and maybe it's partcially because it's a new toy, but I do like
its game play. I was asked to take a few pics, so I thought I'd post them here..
It came with different colored legs, so I found rusted ones hanging around, and sanded,
hammertoned, and they'll be going on this weekend..

IMG_1091 (resized).JPG

IMG_1090 (resized).JPG

IMG_1089 (resized).JPG

IMG_1092 (resized).JPG

#7018 1 year ago

Well I didn't bring it home, but it was delivered. Does that count?

IMG_1921 (resized).JPG

IMG_1922 (resized).JPG

IMG_1925 (resized).JPG

IMG_1927 (resized).JPG

#7019 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Well I didn't bring it home, but it was delivered. Does that count?

Yes, yes it does......

#7020 1 year ago

Aaaand on the opposite end of the spectrum, 1.3 Space Missions. My neighbor says I don't buy pinball machines. I buy do-it-yourself pinball kits. This definitely falls into that category. Two cabinets (one toasted/one decent), two bottom boards (mostly complete), one decent playfield, one head (complete and pretty intact) and and one flaky backglass. Should be an interesting journey to make a functional game out of this collection of parts!

Thanks to Cheddar for facilitating the transaction!

20171117_111132 (resized).jpg

#7021 1 year ago

Just got a great project to keep me busy. Thanks to Cheddar for helping me get it.

IMG_1255 (resized).JPG

#7022 1 year ago

Mostly restored Gorgar, one of my holy grail pins finally in the house! Beautiful cleared leveled playfield and redone cab. A few things here and there to tidy up, backglass is worst offender, but the nicest example I've personally seen.

20171117_145847 (resized).jpg

#7023 1 year ago

My first NIB

20171118_180442 (resized).jpg

#7024 1 year ago

10k by Christmas.

#7025 1 year ago

We'll be monitoring the code releases and bitching about build quality by Thursday.

#7026 1 year ago

Do not get to excited there guys, he most likely opened the box in the car. HUO and Car Use Only.

#7027 1 year ago

I've already added more money in mods than I paid for the game

#7028 1 year ago

Looks like his wife has him on a "pin budget" for the holidays.

#7029 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Aaaand on the opposite end of the spectrum, 1.3 Space Missions. My neighbor says I don't buy pinball machines. I buy do-it-yourself pinball kits. This definitely falls into that category. Two cabinets (one toasted/one decent), two bottom boards (mostly complete), one decent playfield, one head (complete and pretty intact) and and one flaky backglass. Should be an interesting journey to make a functional game out of this collection of parts!
Thanks to Cheddar for facilitating the transaction!

I have a Space Odyssey, fun solid game with lots to shoot at.

Spent a lot of time trying to make the chimes better would be my only gripe, worst era for Williams when it comes to chime quality.

#7030 1 year ago

New-In-Blister pack?

#7031 1 year ago

I wonder what the Prem and LE look like?

#7032 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I wonder what the Prem and LE look like?

You mean you don't already have them and taking up too much space

#7033 1 year ago
Quoted from dhard:

You mean you don't already have them and taking up too much space

You bastard LOL. We are all in this illness together.

#7034 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Looks like his wife has him on a "pin budget" for the holidays.

I think you're trying to challenge my manhood

#7035 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I think you're trying to challenge my manhood

I’m surprised that your wife let you say that.

#7036 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

C'mon now he's the boss when she says he is oops that's my house dang!

#7037 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

It's on

Quoted from dhard:

C'mon now he's the boss when she says he is oops that's my house dang!

I'm putting my big boy pants on right now and I'm going to buy something

#7038 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm putting my big boy pants on right now and I'm going to buy something

It better be a pinball machine. I swear if you post a picture of a box of tampons I’ll die laughing lol

#7039 1 year ago

You used to call me on my cell phone.
Late night when you need... my... love...

20171119_171910_resized (resized).jpg

20171119_171930_resized (resized).jpg

PRO TIP: if you search for games on Craigslist, click on the ads for games you don't want or that don't have photos. I clicked on an ad with no photos for a late-80's Gottlieb I had no interest in buying. At the bottom, as an afterthought, it basically said "BTW, I'm also taking offers on this fishing-themed EM pin."

It needs a lot of work but that backglass is a few tiny specks away from perfection. Easily worth half what I paid.

#7040 1 year ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

You used to call me on my cell phone.
Late night when you need... my... love...

PRO TIP: if you search for games on Craigslist, click on the ads for games you don't want or that don't have photos. I clicked on an ad with no photos for a late-80's Gottlieb I had no interest in buying. At the bottom, as an afterthought, it basically said "BTW, I'm also taking offers on this fishing-themed EM pin."
It needs a lot of work but that backglass is a few tiny specks away from perfection. Easily worth half what I paid.

Here’s another tip: When responding to and add/word of mouth referral, etc. ask if they have any more games that they might want to sell. I was going to buy a Funhouse from the seller. After I asked if he had anything else for sale, he offered to sell me his Spectrum and seven dedicated arcades, all at great prices.

#7041 1 year ago

Rolled this beauty into the game room the other day, 2.0 light boards and all! Beautiful

IMG_0012 (resized).jpg

IMG_0013 (resized).jpg

IMG_0014 (resized).jpg

IMG_0015 (resized).jpg

#7042 1 year ago

twisted-pair ethernet?! i would have never guessed that.

#7043 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

twisted-pair ethernet?! i would have never guessed that.

Yup, it's how it communicates to all the boards. Makes a lot of sense to me

#7044 1 year ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

It better be a pinball machine. I swear if you post a picture of a box of tampons I’ll die laughing lol

Not a pinball but not tampons either

20171119_195606 (resized).jpg

#7045 1 year ago

Saw this on the Facebook marketplace for $1,000, which is way too much. Offered $400 and to come now and we have pin #5!

20171119_204411 (resized).jpg

#7046 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Saw this on the Facebook marketplace for $1,000, which is way too much. Offered $400 and to come now and we have pin #5!

Flash for $400 is never a bad deal. And if you tire of it, always a decent game for re-theme.

#7047 1 year ago

Picked up my second Genie in as many months. This one has a near perfect bg and much better cab and pf so this one will be the keeper. The best part is they both have NiWumpf's in them and work for the most part unlike most of the pins I buy.

4272015_1146 (resized).JPG

#7048 1 year ago

It's pretty pedestrian given what I see in this post, but I'm super stoked with my very clean SM. First table. Kids love it. I'm having a blast. Have to thank all the pinsiders for the help and advice!

I suppose the logical question is: what should I put on either side of SM?

20171118_155436 (resized).jpg

#7050 1 year ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

I suppose the logical question is: what should I put on either side of SM?

As many pins as you can fit!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 13239 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 265.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside