(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,636 posts
  • 2,294 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 582 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0327.jpeg
IMG_6671 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4118 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0219 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0224 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0218 (resized).jpeg
20240416_122827 (resized).jpg
20240416_122417 (resized).jpg
20240416_123832 (resized).jpg
IMG_1980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1953 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1954 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0550 (resized).jpeg
There are 28,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 573.
#6401 6 years ago

Metallica road case edition! Time to get her inside!!

15055209150661185930529 (resized).jpg15055209150661185930529 (resized).jpg

#6402 6 years ago

Oh yeah! It's mint!

1505523181831689815585 (resized).jpg1505523181831689815585 (resized).jpg

#6403 6 years ago

MET is growing on me. never thought it would. absolutely hate the band. congrats.

#6404 6 years ago

No pins all summer and now two pins in three days. When it rains it pours. I am really curious to see how these slot type reels are integrated into the rule-set. Everyone likes slot machines, right? Some pinball purists won't agree with me but I won't mind waiting for the reels to stop spinning - or do you keep playing while the reels are spinning. Lots to explore with this one.

day1_full_playfield (resized).jpgday1_full_playfield (resized).jpg

day1_backbox (resized).jpgday1_backbox (resized).jpg

Love these 70's Williams pins!

#6405 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, it's funny, many of the coveted pins do little to move me. .

I gave Abracdabra a spin at Pintastic, I fail to see what all the fuss was about, same for Lucky Hand.

On the other hand Domino is a little regarded pin and I find mine to be a blast and it gets played at least 2-3 times when I step in the shop.

#6406 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

No pins all summer and now two pins in three days. When it rains it pours. I am really curious to see how these slot type reels are integrated into the rule-set. Everyone likes slot machines, right? Some pinball purists won't agree with me but I won't mind waiting for the reels to stop spinning - or do you keep playing while the reels are spinning. Lots to explore with this one.Love these 70's Williams pins!

I had that one, they don't spin but advance just one position like scoring reels per ball strike on the targets/roll overs.

The game is ok. As the reels advance the collectable bonus changes up/down depending on the value displayed.

This one has a happy home now in Virginia, guy was really excited to buy it as he use to play it when he was a kid.

What more could you ask for?

DSCN8038 (resized).JPGDSCN8038 (resized).JPG

#6407 6 years ago

I got 2 of my favorite pins today! TAF and LOTR! TAF is one of my most nostalgic games!

20170916_180203 (resized).jpg20170916_180203 (resized).jpg

#6408 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I got 2 of my favorite pins today! TAF and LOTR! TAF is one of my most nostalgic games!

Damn.... That's a good day!

#6409 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Damn.... That's a good day!

Yeah, not too shabby for a Saturday!

#6410 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

They are a great duo! Two of my most favourite pins.

#6411 6 years ago

Grab this piece of evil today

20170917_135750 (resized).jpg20170917_135750 (resized).jpg

#6412 6 years ago

Scored these two from the same home yesterday.

IMG_9595 (resized).JPGIMG_9595 (resized).JPG

IMG_9598 (resized).JPGIMG_9598 (resized).JPG

#6413 6 years ago

My most recent pickup. Just babysitting it for a friend at the moment but I did technically bring it home. It's a lot more fun than I anticipated it to be.

IMG_3325 (resized).jpgIMG_3325 (resized).jpg

#6414 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

congrats! Your collection has grown quickly!

#6415 6 years ago

Ended up with a fairly rare find last week--Gottlieb Star Race. Never thought I'd see one in the wild. I never cease to be amazed at what pops up.

The MPU had battery damage, so it wouldn't boot. A previous owner zip tied the game over relay so the coils would still flip, and they continued playing it in that state. There was a beer bottle cap taped down in the kicker hole so the ball wouldn't get trapped. I'm not sure what they did about getting the ball out of the trough and into the shooter lane since those coils are under the apron and can't be manipulated manually by just reaching in through coin door.

The backglass is flaking, has a small chunk missing, and the playfield has some wear and is flaking above the flippers. I never know what to do with flaking playfields since I don't do clear coating, and I'd rather not throw down mylar since it would only pull up the paint later and cause problems for future restoration. Maybe I'll hunt down someone in the area who can spray it without having to take apart everything on the underside of the playfield.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6416 6 years ago

This weekend, I got a good deal on a TAF. It needs board work and a shop job at the very least, but it doesn't look like it's been heavily routed, so there's very little mansion wear and no magnet burn. A playfield swap is probably not even be necessary, which is a surprise.

Just a few days before I ended up with this, I commented in another thread that I had been looking for a project TAF for a few years in anticipation of the CPR TAF playfield, but didn't think I'd find one because of the scramble there would likely be for project TAFs. Once again, I never cease to be amazed to what pops up.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6417 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ended up with a fairly rare find last week--Gottlieb Star Race. Never thought I'd see one in the wild. I never cease to be amazed at what pops up.

Congrats, cool game. Almost bought one of these myself. One popped up a few months ago just a couple of hours away. I could have had it, but I decided to keep the space and money for other ventures. Probably the right decision, but I still regret not getting it. I watched the ad for a few more days until it finally disappeared.

#6418 6 years ago

I probably paid a bit much for it in the state it was in, but I figured I'd probably be hard pressed to find another one. It's an unusual layout and has wildly colorful artwork, almost like the Atari games.

#6419 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This weekend, I got a good deal on a TAF. It needs board work and a shop job at the very least, but it doesn't look like it's been heavily routed, so there's very little mansion wear and no magnet burn. A playfield swap is probably not even be necessary, which is a surprise.
Just a few days before I ended up with this, I commented in another thread that I had been looking for a project TAF for a few years in anticipation of the CPR TAF playfield, but didn't think I'd find one because of the scramble there would likely be for project TAFs. Once again, I never cease to be amazed to what pops up.

Welcome to the TAF club! Such a classic.

#6420 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The MPU had battery damage, so it wouldn't boot. A previous owner zip tied the game over relay so the coils would still flip, and they continued playing it in that state. There was a beer bottle cap taped down in the kicker hole so the ball wouldn't get trapped. I'm not sure what they did about getting the ball out of the trough and into the shooter lane since those coils are under the apron and can't be manipulated manually by just reaching in through coin door.
The backglass is flaking, has a small chunk missing, and the playfield has some wear and is flaking above the flippers. I never know what to do with flaking playfields since I don't do clear coating, and I'd rather not throw down mylar since it would only pull up the paint later and cause problems for future restoration. Maybe I'll hunt down someone in the area who can spray it without having to take apart everything on the underside of the playfield.

Was that the Craigslist ad? I saw that, went pretty quickly! I was thinking about looking at it but sounds as though it found a much better owner.

#6421 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I probably paid a bit much for it in the state it was in, but I figured I'd probably be hard pressed to find another one. It's an unusual layout and has wildly colorful artwork, almost like the Atari games.

Ya should stopped over..... 5 minutes from my house. I went to look at that..... That's one wiiiide body!

#6422 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Was that the Craigslist ad? I saw that, went pretty quickly! I was thinking about looking at it but sounds as though it found a much better owner.

Yeah--interestingly enough, I was the third person who reached out to the seller. The first guy (I guess it was @yzfguy?) looked at it and decided to pass, and the second guy just wanted to lowball it before even looking at it.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Ya should stopped over..... 5 minutes from my house. I went to look at that..... That's one wiiiide body!

I should start announcing when I go on a game run, lol. Some of them end up being 2-3+ hours each way and I probably do end up near some forum regulars like you without even knowing it.

It's ridiculous how wide this game is. That extra 3" of width from "regular" widebodies made so I almost couldn't fit both the body and the backbox in my vehicle. I had to do a little extra maneuvering. It was a very tight fit.

#6423 6 years ago
Quoted from OffshoreTrucker:

First pin. Lurking on pinside opened the flood gates to finally buy one.

Welcome to the hobby! Now go buy a bigger house-your collection will grow quickly! LOL

#6424 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nice pickup- one of my favorite titles! One day I will own one!

#6425 6 years ago

Who buys a second Genesis????? The guy that thinks you are all crazy for wanting to change the beautiful, tasteful, borderline work of art translite. That's who lol

Picked this one up on Sunday morning

IMG_2375 (resized).JPGIMG_2375 (resized).JPG

#6426 6 years ago

And then on my way home from delivering a machine this afternoon I ran into this one. It's just a tad dirty

Should clean up ok though

IMG_2377 (resized).JPGIMG_2377 (resized).JPG

IMG_2378 (resized).JPGIMG_2378 (resized).JPG

IMG_2376 (resized).JPGIMG_2376 (resized).JPG

#6427 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats! Your collection has grown quickly!

Thank you!

#6428 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

It's a lot more fun than I anticipated it to be.

Ro Go gets a ton of grief. I like the artwork and theme. I enjoyed playing it, but it was brand new at the time so that may have something to do with it. That middle horseshoe shot is risky, making that shot is so frustrating when half of the time it ends up going SDTM.

I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could find one under $400 - sentimental value for me!

Enjoy Ro Go it while you have it. Thanks for posting the pics and bringing back fond memories.

#6429 6 years ago

Picked up my MMR today to go with my AFMR.. Thanks automated services !!
And CGC for some great product!!

IMG_0149.JPGIMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0155.JPGIMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPGIMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0157.JPGIMG_0157.JPG

#6430 6 years ago

Just got my HUO NBA Fastbreak setup.

nbafb (resized).jpgnbafb (resized).jpg

#6431 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just got my HUO NBA Fastbreak setup.

Congrats man! I hope it lives up to the hype. Enjoy!

#6432 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wow, how awesome does that look, you are very lucky. So what's your thoughts on both the remakes?

#6433 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wow that AFMr topper only just fits. Great games, extremely good quality control at CGC

#6434 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Wow, how awesome does that look, you are very lucky. So what's your thoughts on both the remakes?

I am very pleased with both these pins.

#6435 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Wow that AFMr topper only just fits. Great games, extremely good quality control at CGC

That topper just fits in my basement.
Great pins!

#6436 6 years ago

Just finished setting up my NIB, Ruby Red, 75th edition, Wizard of Oz. Not to get soft on you fellas, but this is the prettiest trim I have ever seen on a machine. Now excuse me as I need some alone time.

20170921_210200.jpg20170921_210200.jpg

#6437 6 years ago

Finally got Woz RR it's beautiful and better than I expected. I wanted to get the new 2.0 light system and to my surprise it even has RasCals

IMG_3311 (resized).JPGIMG_3311 (resized).JPGIMG_3317 (resized).JPGIMG_3317 (resized).JPGIMG_3318 (resized).JPGIMG_3318 (resized).JPG

#6438 6 years ago

Love this thread to keep track of my addiction

2 full years six pins came for three going out.

Sold
SM
XMLE
STLE

Bought
Tspp
Met pro
TWD pro
LotR
SM (nicer example)
Woz RR

#6439 6 years ago

Did anyone from Pinside in the New England area score that free Star Wars that was on cl?

#6440 6 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Did anyone from Pinside in the New England area score that free Star Wars that was on cl?

I kind of think that was a fake ad. It's not the first time I've seen a "free" star wars game listed in the Boston area.

#6441 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I kind of think that was a fake ad. It's not the first time I've seen a "free" star wars game listed in the Boston area.

I had a suspicion it was fake too. But what would the benefit be for someone to post a fake ad like that? Just curious.

#6442 6 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I had a suspicion it was fake too. But what would the benefit be for someone to post a fake ad like that? Just curious.

To collect real phone numbers to add to a call list sold to telemarketers, I would guess.

#6443 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

To collect real phone numbers to add to a call list sold to telemarketers, I would guess.

ahhh that makes sense.

#6444 6 years ago

Sweet Hearts came home not today but a few weeks ago.
Sweet Hearts was my first pin. I got SH out of the neighbors trash about 1976. Took me 2 years to get it working back then with no info and hardware store 44, 47 bulbs. Sold it about 1979 for 150.00. Started life long fun with coin op. This one crossed my path and could not resist. Took over a year to get this one looking like this. Big Thanks to Bgresto, Paintpins, Gmkalos, Pinball Resource for helping to make this better than new.

20170910_191729_zpsdcl6v5xy (resized).JPG20170910_191729_zpsdcl6v5xy (resized).JPG
20170910_191316_zps3hnrzpfh (resized).JPG20170910_191316_zps3hnrzpfh (resized).JPG
20170911_161903_zpsgodcst1j (resized).JPG20170911_161903_zpsgodcst1j (resized).JPG
20170910_193231_zpsxknjyy8n (resized).JPG20170910_193231_zpsxknjyy8n (resized).JPG

#6445 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-endgame-of-this-free-pinball-machine-scam#post-2711285

#6446 6 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Sweet Hearts came home not today but a few weeks ago.
Sweet Hearts was my first pin. I got SH out of the neighbors trash about 1976. Took me 2 years to get it working back then with no info and hardware store 44, 47 bulbs. Sold it about 1979 for 150.00. Started life long fun with coin op. This one crossed my path and could not resist. Took over a year to get this one looking like this. Big Thanks to Bgresto, Paintpins, Gmkalos, Pinball Resource for helping to make this better than new.

Nice!

I'm not familiar with EM does that just have three digits counter and a illuminated 1?

What happens if you go past 1999?

What year is that pin from?

#6447 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

does that just have three digits counter and a illuminated 1?

Answer: yes.

Quoted from rai:

What happens if you go past 1999?

Answer: 1000

Quoted from rai:

What year is that pin from?

Answer: September 1963

#6448 6 years ago

Spammer, scammers.

#6449 6 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Spammer, scammers.

Think I just dealt with one today.

No phone number, just having a good time I guess? Why list items below market just to not reply? They got no email or phone from me....

Is this the new ring and run?

#6450 6 years ago

20170922_220027 (resized).jpg20170922_220027 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 109.00
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

There are 28,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 573.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/129?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.