(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,495 posts
  • 2,288 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 577 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF684CDD-F115-4FD4-AADE-1A4ADD19F6B7 (resized).png
IMG_9289 (resized).JPEG
IMG_9290 (resized).JPEG
IMG_9286 (resized).JPG
IMG_5785 (resized).png
IMG_5940 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240317_164501632.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240317_164526505 (resized).jpg
7695EF6E-36C6-4AE5-B4C3-85F19BCF043F (resized).jpeg
20240316_213614 (resized).jpg
pins (resized).jpg
20240315_204117 (resized).jpg
20240315_220641 (resized).jpg
IMG_1388 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1386 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg

There are 28,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 570.
#6301 6 years ago

you should probably both do it by pm cause you are ruining the mood of the best thread on pinside

#6302 6 years ago

Agreed. I have said my peace. Let's see some more games !

#6303 6 years ago

Agreed, but someone's pants are about to burst into flame and their not mine.

#6304 6 years ago

HUO LOTR in the car - look at those coin slots!

HUO-LOTR (resized).jpgHUO-LOTR (resized).jpg

#6305 6 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

look at those coin slots!

Holy shit, this are nice coin slots. Now, can you post some pictures of the shooter lane, too?

#6306 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Holy shit, this are nice coin slots. Now, can you post some pictures of the shooter lane, too?

sorry, was the only thing that jumped out at me in the picture!

#6307 6 years ago

SG returning home

rrt2 (resized).pngrrt2 (resized).png

#6308 6 years ago

This is Bally 73 Circus, not 57, right?

#6309 6 years ago

Yes, 1973. Wish it was the 1957.

#6310 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

sounds like a new poll thread in the making: what's more important to you, coin slots or shooter lane?

#6311 6 years ago

I apologize for interrupting this fascinating thread about pinsider relations, but I picked up two great pins from the same seller yesterday.

Light project Funhouse - player condition.

Working Spectrum. Almost perfect backglass. Playfield has one very small spot of wear. Cabinet artwork is really almost perfect, will need minor touchups.

Funhouse (resized).JPGFunhouse (resized).JPG

Spectrum (resized).JPGSpectrum (resized).JPG

#6312 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Got a couple more this weekend. The pin count is now in the double digits I feel like I should get a patch or something.

Elektra looks like she's enjoying her new home!

#6313 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Got a couple more this weekend.

Nice color on the Elektra cab.

#6314 6 years ago

Hi everyone, this is my first post and my first game. I was able to score a Fun House in really great condition in the Bay Area (CA). LED kit installed, plays really nice.

I hope to be a regular on this forum. I'm sure I can learn a lot here.

Take care!

IMG_8082 (resized).JPGIMG_8082 (resized).JPG

#6315 6 years ago

congrats shoelace you're starting the addiction off the right way with a great pin!

#6316 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

congrats shoelace you're starting the addiction off the right way with a great pin!

Like Alamo_Pin told me when I bought my first pin....no matter how many you have you will always want one more! Congrats and welcome!

#6317 6 years ago

I recently added my childhood fav to my collection as my 2nd pin, another F-14 tomcat out in the wild. A bit of a project but I did fix a bunch of flashers not working due to some resisters being missing, and outside of a couple of switch matrixes triggering together (appears to be a wiring thing but will need to troubleshoot that as there's some odd wiring hacks under the playfield which I believe is the problem), once that's resolved it should be a decent player. A few pics before and after LED's and a cute cat supervising bulb replacements while on my Alien Poker

IMG_20170807_103851 (resized).jpgIMG_20170807_103851 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170815_205926 (resized).jpgIMG_20170815_205926 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170812_215327 (resized).jpgIMG_20170812_215327 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170819_135814 (resized).jpgIMG_20170819_135814 (resized).jpg

#6318 6 years ago

I bought a TAF a few days ago from a fellow pinsider - the Machine was in great shape with color dmd and LED's.

Unfortunately the vehicle we brought - an Acura rdx was not high enough inside to get the pin in. Another thread here indicated it was used to transport pins, but it was a no go, just missing clearing by an inch or less.

We made the decision to remove the head. Neither the owner or I (this is my first pin) had ever done it but he was an experienced owner and we labeled everything very carefully and I took several pictures.

It took me a whole evening to rewire everything, since it was a spaghetti strand of tangles wires, and I had never done this.

I actually cleaned the connector pins with alcohol and qtips, removed and reseated all the ribbon cables, and cleaned everything inside, tightened screws on some loose boards, etc.

I know oxidation causes added resistance, so now I feel the the pin is closer to as it was new. My other hobby is high end stereo gear and cleaning connections is an important part of getting the best signal.

I actually rewired the game with the pin on its back. It made it easier to get in close to see the connector numbers and I did have to reroute some cables a few times to get them all the right spots and back to a factory appearance.

I'm just waiting for my building super to come help me right the pin upwards and attach the back legs.

I've attached a pic of two capacitors. Can anyone tell me if they look like they should be replaced?

I guess the one good thing about the huge ordeal of removing the head is that I now know a lot more about pins. If caps needs replacement I now would know how to remove the boards and take it to a repair shop.

IMG_3332 (resized).JPGIMG_3332 (resized).JPG

#6319 6 years ago

Yay just got Fathom!

IMG_2705 (resized).JPGIMG_2705 (resized).JPG

#6320 6 years ago
Quoted from slapnuts77:

A bit of a project but I did fix a bunch of flashers not working due to some resisters being missing

Note: On F14 /Pinbot, add mini post rubber QTY 2 to each resistor board under the support bracket.
----- This will dampen the vibration that makes the resistors break off the PCB board.

#6321 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Note: On F14 /Pinbot, add mini post rubber QTY 2 to each resistor board under the support bracket.
----- This will dampen the vibration that makes the resistors break off the PCB board.

Thank you very much for this tip vec-tor much appreciated!

#6322 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

We made the decision to remove the head. Neither the owner or I (this is my first pin) had ever done it but he was an experienced owner and we labeled everything very carefully and I took several pictures.

I so feel this pain Vdrums. Being a newbie I had to take the head off of my newly acquired F-14, and proceeded to remove all of the harnesses from all the boards thinking that was the way to do it, only to find out that there was a bunch of harnesses under the playfield which was much easier, so I doubled the amount of work but I did take lots of pictures and was so happy that it booted up fully after putting everything back together Lesson learned!

#6323 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

was it hard to find? Just curious how many of these are in circulation, I know theres 400 of the LE's, but just wandering how hard it is to find

Just like anything they are hard to find in good condition. I just happened to come across someone located locally here on Pinside before he listed it. Just lucky I guess.

I wound up buying it without ever playing the game but absolutely LOVE it as I and my family are HUGE Tron fans.

#6324 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Yay just got Fathom!

That looks so nice!
Congratulations on your new pin day!

#6325 6 years ago

Picked up a one owner huo LOTR today. Previous owners didn't maintain it very well but it should clean up nicely!

IMG_20170906_194216~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20170906_194216~2 (resized).jpg

#6326 6 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

Picked up a one owner huo LOTR today. Previous owners didn't maintain it very well but it should clean up nicely!

I'm know if I picked up a nice LOTR, my smile would be that big too

#6327 6 years ago
Quoted from slapnuts77:

I so feel this pain Vdrums..... happy that it booted up fully after putting everything back together Lesson learned!

Yes!! OMG the feeling of having the machine boot up after a head transplant (OK not a transplant but a Walt Disney... LOL) was indeed gratifying, at least for this first timer.

#6328 6 years ago

Well it was last week, not today. Little late

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6329 6 years ago

Great Star Trek and I do like the reboot movies they make too.

#6330 6 years ago

Many of you saw my post about selling my entire collection to fund a real estsate purchase, well this hobby wont let me sell out.
I just picked up these 2 project for $700 each. They need some boards, dmds, translights and cab repair but it should keep me busy for awhile...

20170907_073743 (resized).jpg20170907_073743 (resized).jpg

20170907_073916 (resized).jpg20170907_073916 (resized).jpg

#6331 6 years ago

Sweet deal! Congrats CosmoK.

#6332 6 years ago

Glad you'll be bringing them back to life.

#6333 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Many of you saw my post about selling my entire collection to fund a real estsate purchase, well this hobby wont let me sell out.
I just picked up these 2 project for $700 each. They need some boards, dmds, translights and cab repair but it should keep me busy for awhile...

I have a FT apron

#6334 6 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I have a FT apron

Pm sent...

#6335 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yeah I saw that deal on here, I was so tempted to buy them. Especially that FT

#6336 6 years ago

had him for a couple of days, but needed some tlc

P_20170903_162750 (resized).jpgP_20170903_162750 (resized).jpg

#6337 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah I saw that deal on here, I was so tempted to buy them. Especially that FT

The FT is actually the one I was most interested in as well, its also the one that will present the most challenges and more than likely need a playfield swap. Im going to start putting boards from some of my other games in them tonight and make sure I can get them to boot and somewhat flip a ball around, then I will start gathering parts.

#6338 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

Elektra looks like she's enjoying her new home!

She's settling in nicely. Thanks!

#6339 6 years ago

It's late... And dark out.....but That's ok cause......

I'M ON THE NIGHT TRAIN!!!!

20170907_200829 (resized).jpg20170907_200829 (resized).jpg

#6340 6 years ago

HOLY SHIT!!!! Congrats dude...what an amazing score!!!! Can't wait to come over..... INVITE ME DAMN IT!!!!

#6341 6 years ago

vn, and i see what you did there.

#6342 6 years ago

Picked this one up from a friend / pinsider who also had got it from a friend / pinsider. Rock Rock Rock-n and Rollergames

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6343 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The FT is actually the one I was most interested in as well, its also the one that will present the most challenges and more than likely need a playfield swap. Im going to start putting boards from some of my other games in them tonight and make sure I can get them to boot and somewhat flip a ball around, then I will start gathering parts.

Yeah that's a good idea, hopefully it will boot and play for you with out too much hassle.. If run out of time for it let me know I'll take it off your hands.

#6344 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah that's a good idea, hopefully it will boot and play for you with out too much hassle.. If run out of time for it let me know I'll take it off your hands.

already flipped a few balls and tested dmd and sound....so far so good

20170908_210251 (resized).jpg20170908_210251 (resized).jpg

#6345 6 years ago

Yay, I can finally post my exciting score!

This is my second pin that I've been hunting down for a while now! The first time I saw one of these and watched the gameplay I fell in love. What a perfect combination!

It took me hunting into a stale ad on Facebook many hours and miles away. The pictures were sparse and the price was too high. Luckily it hadn't sold and the gentleman was glad to finally move it out! We settled on a FANTSTIC price and I set out on an all day adventure.

This game also happens to be quite special, as this hails from the legendary FUNSPOT! I'm thrilled to be only the 2nd person to own it.
Yes, FunSpot means heavily routed... but surprisingly this game looks great and there wear is minimal. Playfield needs a good polishing but artwork is fantastic!!

Without further delay, here's my extremely HEAVY new Baby!

IMG_6747 (resized).JPGIMG_6747 (resized).JPG

IMG_6748 (resized).JPGIMG_6748 (resized).JPG

#6346 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yay, I can finally post my exciting score!
This is my second pin that I've been hunting down for a while now! The first time I saw one of these and watched the gameplay I fell in love. What a perfect combination!
It took me hunting into a stale ad on Facebook many hours and miles away. The pictures were sparse and the price was too high. Luckily it hadn't sold and the gentleman was glad to finally move it out! We settled on a FANTSTIC price and I set out on an all day adventure.
This game also happens to be quite special, as this hails from the legendary FUNSPOT! I'm thrilled to be only the 2nd person to own it.
Yes, FunSpot means heavily routed... but surprisingly this game looks great and there wear is minimal. Playfield needs a good polishing but artwork is fantastic!!
Without further delay, here's my extremely HEAVY new Baby!

Congrats! Looks good from afar.

#6347 6 years ago

Anyone wanna guess what I got? The only wear on the playfield is the black circles around the inserts in front of the 10 drop target bank. Backglass looks to have a couple small flakes in the red lettering....it hasn't been dusted in 17 years, but is cleaning up nicely! All original documents and includes some nice carving on one cab side. Seems to have been in the same home for the last 25 years or so....

20170909_112606 (resized).jpg20170909_112606 (resized).jpg

#6348 6 years ago

Is it an El dorado?

#6349 6 years ago

...or a Gold Strike?

Either way, fun game - nice score!

#6350 6 years ago

El Dorado!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 28,495 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 570.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.