(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,779 posts
  • 1,535 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by lowbeau67
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,123 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191014_111126 (resized).jpg
20191014_130255 (resized).jpg
IMG_4574 (resized).jpg
Hes Baaack.. (resized).jpeg
20191013_061557(0)_resized (resized).jpg
4272015_1858 (resized).JPG
4272015_1857 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191012_134249 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191012_134304 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191012_133056 (resized).jpg
20191013_101242.jpg
246CD104-86F8-41FF-A133-87F902F1D171 (resized).jpeg
52DE8512-19A4-47E8-BA0E-2CC63AA0D69F (resized).jpeg
20191012_104205 (resized).jpg
20191012_152601.jpg
131FF064-8209-4C0C-AC98-E2ACC15715A9 (resized).jpeg

There are 13779 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 276.
#5301 2 years ago

Had one of these before..so when I saw this one pop up I grabbed it. Like the artwork on this pin, and lighting all the cards for the special isn't as easy as you think on a 3 ball setting.

IMG_0578 (resized).JPG

IMG_0586 (resized).JPG

IMG_0583 (resized).JPG

IMG_0584 (resized).JPG

#5302 2 years ago

I had one of those too. Hi Lo Ace is a good game. Artwork on the backglass is neat.

#5303 2 years ago

Two weeks ago picked this classic up. This was in the same home for 48 years.

Hiscore (resized).JPG

Hiscore3 (resized).JPG

Hiscore2 (resized).JPG

Hiscore4 (resized).JPG

Hiscore1 (resized).JPG

#5304 2 years ago

Two days later got a call on this one. This make the third WCS in three years, finally one with out faded cabinet.

015 (resized).JPG

016 (resized).JPG

017 (resized).JPG

#5305 2 years ago

Scored a screaming deal on this true HUO yesterday.

046 (resized).JPG

048 (resized).JPG

051 (resized).JPG

049 (resized).JPG

052 (resized).JPG

053 (resized).JPG

#5306 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Two weeks ago picked this classic up. This was in the same home for 48 years.

Sensational!!

#5307 2 years ago

This one will be getting a light Miami Vice-ification.

20170604_130348 (resized).jpg

20170604_205547 (resized).jpg

#5308 2 years ago

Got a pretty good deal on a Hurricane on auction. Drove 8 hours to get it. I am not doing that again. Rubbers are dead and GI has issues, and the machine is FILTHY dirty but I wanted a project. Guy I bought it from said "the flappers didn't work."

I can confirm the flappers did indeed work.

20170605_032749779_iOS (resized).jpg

#5309 2 years ago

Rudy's in da house!
IMG_9279 (resized).PNG
IMG_9282 (resized).JPG
IMG_9283 (resized).JPG

#5310 2 years ago

I'm so jealous of your play field. Congrats!

Quoted from dothedoo:Rudy's in da house!

#5311 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Scored a screaming deal on this true HUO yesterday.

Man that is clean. Great score.

#5312 2 years ago

Whirlwind !!!

2FCBC0B7-7C3C-4A13-A2AA-1C7016B3F524 (resized).jpg

#5313 2 years ago

Called on a clist add. Guy had a game posted. His brother died and they had a garage to clean out. Super clean sttng and bsd plus a project bop. Oh yeah and a pinball dolly and a pair of skates for $6500. I already have a sttng for sale, guess this makes two. Hopefully can move the bop. Keeping the bsd. For a while.

0607172201 (resized).jpg

#5314 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Called on a clist add. Guy had a game posted. His brother died and they had a garage to clean out. Super clean sttng and bsd plus a project bop. Oh yeah and a pinball dolly and a pair of skates for $6500. I already have a sttng for sale, guess this makes two. Hopefully can move the bop. Keeping the bsd. For a while.

I mean....how could you say no???

Crazy light-up shoes you got there.

#5315 2 years ago

I like the rest of the view around the pins. Weird and wild.

#5316 2 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I like the rest of the view around the pins. Weird and wild.

Dude, I collect horror pins and like me some macabre...but I've seen you post other pics and I gotta say that framed pic above your TZ freaks me out every time. Actually, I'm drawn to it and it freaks me out. Cool room!

#5317 2 years ago

Picked this up in this condition:

TAF3 (resized).jpg

Progress:

TAF3-1 (resized).jpg

Finished machine. I ended up just putting it back together with the old parts the original owner pulled off to shop out the machine and put on a new ramp, and plastics. Cleaned up decently.

TAF4 (resized).jpg

#5318 2 years ago

Not sure if it counts but bought a parts machine I will be salvaging for an educational/student project.

Too bad too cuz it is a fun game but shes too far gone.

IMG_5538 (resized).JPG

IMG_5540 (resized).JPG

IMG_5539 (resized).JPG

IMG_5543 (resized).JPG

IMG_5545 (resized).JPG

#5319 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Not sure if it counts but bought a parts machine I will be salvaging for an educational/student project.

What a damn shame...and what the hell happened to the backbox??!! Great game, what sad pics. Can I have the shuttle toy?

#5320 2 years ago

It probably belongs in the horror pics thread.

I got it from a salvager type guy. He had gotten it in a load he had picked up. The back box was severely water damaged and crumbled on him. I picked up what pieces I could find from his field/yard.

But my goal was to find usable pops, slings, drops, and flipper mechs plus some other repurposable components. While I wish it wasn't an actually good game that died to provide that, for 25 bucks the price was right and it will serve well in its final mission. At least some part of it will live on in some form.

The shuttle is likely going on my desk at work next to my other pinball bits (unless the kids want to incorporate it in their design).

#5321 2 years ago

A nice Simpsons Pinball Party begged me to take it home today. I couldn't say no.

20170609_122213 (resized).jpg

#5322 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Sure you can't save it? Hardtop has their overlay product available for this game. That would make the PF pristine. Any empty backbox from the era could be used as a replacement. I think (haven't confirmed for you) stencils exist for the game as well. Repaired or repairable boards are available as are new replacements. It would cost some money but if you've got everything that is game-unique, at least part supplies won't slow you down.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#5323 2 years ago

they can all be fixed.

#5324 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

got it from a salvager type guy. He had gotten it in a load he had picked up. The back box was severely water damaged and crumbled on him. I picked up what pieces I could find from his field/yard.
But my goal was to find usable pops, slings, drops, and flipper mechs plus some other repurposable components. While I wish it wasn't an actually good game that died to provide that, for 25 bucks the price

Awesome grab for $25. Plastics actually look decent, coin door might be salvageable, SS toy and probably several other parts. Why can't I come across games, even total messes, for $25?

#5325 2 years ago

If you sell Colson your shuttle for 25 bucks, ya got the game for free.... Win-Win!

#5326 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Awesome pick up! Did you know someone selling because I didn't see it on CL. My son was trying to talk me into buy the one for sale at PAGG. Hope your project works out.

#5327 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Awesome pick up! Did you know someone selling because I didn't see it on CL. My son was trying to talk me into buy the one for sale at PAGG. Hope your project works out.

I snagged it through a wanted ad. He had actually called around to several other "pinball wanted" ads but none were interested so he was ready to toss it. Explained that those guys are not really looking for truely broken machines but rather mostly only looking for quick flips they can making a killing on whereas I was actually looking for a parts machine specifically.

Anyway he was a pretty awesome dude and a collector himself, but of train stuff.

This afternoon I'll actually open the game up and see how bad it actually is. I'm certainly not hopeful that it would be restorable.

#5328 2 years ago

This thing showed up a few nights ago!
MMR LE with color dmd, topper, shaker, side blades,a few other mods.

20170602_233344 (resized).jpg

#5329 2 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

vn, congrats. i think i might have found my MM, too.

#5330 2 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Congrats.
MM is my all time favourite game! Hope you enjoy it.

#5331 2 years ago

my grail.

#5332 2 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Congrats you lucky dog... you got the deal of the century on that! Killer pick-up.

#5333 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

This afternoon I'll actually open the game up and see how bad it actually is. I'm certainly not hopeful that it would be restorable.

They are ALL restorable, just depends on if you want to do the work and spend the money...I restored one that was at curbside pickup. Sounds like a cool project you are doing. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

#5334 2 years ago

Finally found one!!

IMG_2306 (resized).JPG

#5335 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Finally found one!!

Nice!
I really liked playing Star Gazer when i found one a few years ago.
Any more pics of the cab/playfield?

#5337 2 years ago

It's a project for sure

#5338 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Finally found one!!

Congrats. I liked it when I played it at nightsearchers. He even has a playfield to swap out eventually!

#5339 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Finally found one!!

Quoted from brenna98:

It's a project for sure

Project? If that's a project, I'll take two. Looks great...they never come up. Nice grab.

#5340 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Finally found one!!

i Can only approve, rae find. Btw i don't even have the machine myself, only a playfield...

#5341 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Finally found one!!

Welcome to the club! I agree with Colsond that's in nice shape compared to a lot of classic Sterns I've seen.

#5342 2 years ago

Home yesterday actually:

Replace a bad coil, cleaned and lubricated all stepper units, adjusted/clocked and tightened allen screws, fixed roto stop, replaced bulbs, fixed grounds on sockets, cleaned and adjusted scoring reels, stripped and polished playfield, repaired popper with bad switch, cleaned and adjusted all relays and contacts, washed and vacuumed cabinet, replaced blown fuse for bank reset, polished legs, replaced elastics, polished plastics, setup for "free play," fixed broken solder connection for main bell, printed out instruction card, photoshop'ed mask for ball count and game over.

Plays GREAT.

DSCN7936 (resized).JPG

DSCN7934 (resized).JPG

#5343 2 years ago

Bought this last weekend for $200. It doesn't work but I don't care because I was planning on cutting it in half and using it as a one of a kind wall hanging art.

IMG_1438 (resized).JPG
IMG_1439 (resized).JPG

#5344 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Bought this last weekend for $200. It doesn't work but I don't care because I was planning on cutting it in half and using it as a one of a kind wall hanging art.

OMG that is gonna look slick busting thru the wall! Would look cool with the lights working.

#5345 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

OMG that is gonna look slick busting thru the wall! Would look cool with the lights working.

Yup, lights will be working for sure! I should get someone to paint a tunnel look around it on the wall. That would look amazing!

#5346 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Dude...What the hell is it?

Kids ride?

I would hate to cut it in half... I think I would rather cut a hole in the wall.

#5347 2 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Dude...What the hell is it?
Kids ride?
I would hate to cut it in half... I think I would rather cut a hole in the wall.

Yeah, its a kids ride, seats two with two steering wheels and a few light up panels inside. Its totally dead, and my kids are too big to use it, so..... It was either, keep it full size, or cut it and make it look like its coming out of the wall. Based on overall size and the fact no-one will use it, cutting it makes the most sense to me. I did think about putting in a monitor and adding a console game inside it but again, its tight in there.

#5348 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Did you find that at a auction or local classifieds? Sweet score Spencer! What are you going to do with the back half?

#5349 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Did you find that at a auction or local classifieds? Sweet score Spencer! What are you going to do with the back half?

Either trash it or sell it. Its pretty neat, I'll take a picture. Found it on kijijii

#5350 2 years ago

Inside and back of it..

IMG_1440 (resized).JPG

IMG_1441 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 244.99
There are 13779 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 276.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside