(Topic ID: 152184)

What little thing drives you crazy?

By thall17

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

When I receive an order of LEDS and no matter how careful I am to try and think of everything that I need, I always overlook something.

I think it's like that for any parts order

#52 8 years ago

Not having the money/space to REALLY get into Pinball again

#53 8 years ago

When you order something, and they send you the wrong part. And without that part, the game is unplayable....

Axl

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

When I drop a tiny screw on the playfield and cannot find it anywhere. The on I lost today I finally found it sitting perfectly in the top rollover lane slot.

I've had this happen and can certainly appreciate your frustration. That said, I've found a very easy solution and I use this all the time-place a towel (preferably white) on the bottom of the cab while you're working on the playfield. This way, when you're working up top and happen to drop a screw or other hardware piece, it'll fall onto the white towel and you'll see it right away. Problem solved!

#55 8 years ago

People who think they can still use the flippers when the game releases locked balls when the game is over

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from koen12344:

People who think they can still use the flippers when the game releases locked balls when the game is over

Haha. A guy yelled at me at the last pinball party I went to. "Hey man, you're still playing !!!" He runs over to try and save the balls and immediately turns red when he realizes the game was over. It was pretty funny to see him go from completely frantic to completely embarrassed.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

I've had this happen and can certainly appreciate your frustration. That said, I've found a very easy solution and I use this all the time-place a towel (preferably white) on the bottom of the cab while you're working on the playfield. This way, when you're working up top and happen to drop a screw or other hardware piece, it'll fall onto the white towel and you'll see it right away. Problem solved!

This is a great idea however my screw was still on the top Sid of the playfield and I couldn't find it. Had it dropped to the cabinet, would've saved me 20 mins.

#58 8 years ago

Trouble shooting a problem that consistently occurs with the playfield down, but you can't replicate it with the playfield up. This would apply more often to us EM guys.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Trouble shooting a problem that consistently occurs with the playfield down, but you can't replicate it with the playfield up. This would apply more often to us EM guys.

Screw this!

#61 8 years ago

Parts made from unobtanium. I have ordered small parts of the front gate for my corvette lt5 ramp from all over the world. Finally got all of them in (still have to make my own wire) and I don't have the proper armature for the relay

Why can't someone just carry the whole gate. Why!!!!!!!

#62 8 years ago

wonky drop targets banks!!...... my least favorite thing to work on right now are drop targets .... they seem so simple.... but in my experience they take A lot of patience & fine tuning to get correct

#63 8 years ago

Not being able to find the tool I used 10 seconds ago!

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

You mean the one sitting on the wireform behind the glass you just slid back on?

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Happens to me all the time. It's called 'getting older'

#66 8 years ago

Thinking to myself that this is simple enough, I don't need a pic....

#67 8 years ago

anyone who decides to "help" troubleshoot things, undoes all your wire management, leaving the cut tie wraps or unwrapped velcro in a pile at the bottom of the cabinet, realizes they are in over their head and leave the spaghetti mess for the next guy to straighten back out, "cuz it didn't work, anyway".

#68 8 years ago

Just falling short in score for an extra ball.

and....

Quoted from mcclad:

When I receive an order of LEDS and no matter how careful I am to try and think of everything that I need, I always overlook something.

Bringing home a Suitcase of LEDs and STILL overlooking something!

#69 8 years ago

White rubber rings that are NOT white.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from joe2012:

White rubber rings that are NOT white.

New white plastic posts that are not white.

#71 8 years ago

Shooter lane pics!!

#72 8 years ago

Waiting forever for a response from a seller.

#73 8 years ago

Not remembering to put the balls back in the flippin machine...

#74 8 years ago

That you can't up-vote your own post on pinside (just found that out).

#75 8 years ago

When you re trying to play a few games of pinball and your 3 year old son follows you around with a step stool popping it up in front of you and blocking your hands from the flipper buttons because he wants to play.....go play another machine kid!!!!

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

New white plastic posts that are not white.

New white plastic posts that are too white.

#77 8 years ago

i need reading glasses, when i need to fix something very small, can't find them.

someone playing your game and they shake the machine constantly, like it's a good thing, the last time they played was 20 years ago.

when someone's hitting both flipper buttons at the same time like it's a m-16.

when i forget tools in the machine.

still searching for the power switch on the front left side on GOT edited *** that's why i couldn't find it, it's on the right side.

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

i need reading glasses, when i need to fix something very small, can't find them.
    someone playing your game and they shake the machine constantly, like it's a good thing, the last time they played was 20 years ago.
    when someone's hitting both flipper buttons at the same time like it's a m-16.
    when i forget tools in the machine.
    still searching for the power switch on the front left side on GOT

All my games have the power switch at under the front right side.

#79 8 years ago

People talking about "eating clean". I don't give a rat's ass about your eating habits.

Pinball wise though...Yeah, screws you can't access without stripping half the playfield first.

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

All my games have the power switch at under the front right side.

see what i did there, it drives me nut.... lollll yeah front right side, damn it.

#81 8 years ago

Biting into an eggshell while eating my egg Mc'muffin

#82 8 years ago

Blue loctite on threaded posts, I'm looking at YOU Gottlieb system 3...

#83 8 years ago

At least they used blue and not RED!

#84 8 years ago

When people have to put that extra body umph to every flipper shot they make and the flippers are plenty powerful.

#85 8 years ago

It drives me crazy when I go into my spare parts bin and I have a bazillion nuts, bolts and screws, except the one that I need.

#86 8 years ago

Another thing that drives me crazy, is my cat that has dog-like loyalty has to jump in the machine everytime that I open one up.

#87 8 years ago

Future prediction posts.... "what will be XXX next game?"

#88 8 years ago

Repetition of threads on Pinside. I mean, how many threads do we REALLY need of "Is WOZ a good game or?"

#89 8 years ago

When I find a good deal on craigslist only to realize the post has been up for more than an hour. RIP good deal.

#90 8 years ago

That TMezel won't fix my WCS94- that drives me NUTS!

#91 8 years ago

Getting one game up and running perfectly, and right after that another one goes on the fritz.

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from visi0n:

my friends' kids coming over, starting 4 player games on every game and walking away with everything on Ball 1, player 2.

YES! My girlfriend's grandson (he's 7) likes to light everything up and walk away because he has an attention span of about 5 seconds. So now it's one game at a time or nothing.

Also, for A13 owners, don't you just hate it when the ball slaps around the pop bumpers for 30 seconds and shoots the ball right down the center lane without ever coming near a flipper. I have to steer the machine to make contact with a flipper. And when I say "steer" I mean I have to slide the pin about 3 inches to one side to catch the ball. If you don't slide it, you lose it.

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinPall007:

YES! My girlfriend's grandson (he's 7) likes to light everything up and walk away because he has an attention span of about 5 seconds.

That drive me crazy, too! It seems that EVERYONE these days has ADD, kids & adults alike....

#94 8 years ago

Games set up on 4 ball play! Why 4 ball? What's wrong with the normal 3 ball setup?

#95 8 years ago

when people dont lane change with the flippers and just let the ball drop in even if its lit.

come on!

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

when people dont lane change with the flippers and just let the ball drop in even if its lit.
    come on!

I'm just learning this. I'm an EM guy and have been playing the heck out of this Road Kings I recently acquired. I finally figured out the lane change thing and it makes a huge difference.

#97 8 years ago

That's your modern day skill shot.

#98 8 years ago

Feels like cheating but it's still fun.

#99 8 years ago

Haggling over $100 on a $5000 game and the deal falling through as a result. $100 is 2% of the transaction.

#100 8 years ago

When you've struggled to assemble a unit for like an hour and when finally you are going to put it back in the game you realize some part of it is mounted backwards and it won't fit back on the playfield... Most often it happens even though you thought you double checked three times.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-little-thing-drives-you-crazy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.