(Topic ID: 152184)

What little thing drives you crazy?

By thall17

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 8 years ago

For me it's the coin mech bulb that's burn out...dunno why but drives me crazy

#2 8 years ago

Florescent bulb going out behind the translite. A dark backbox in the line up drives me nuts.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

Loosened post screws/hex screws under a ramp or piles of other playfield stuff that are impossible to fix without doing a full teardown. Also Data East's idiotic idea to make GI sockets non-removable from the bottom for every freaking lamp on every freaking game.

#4 8 years ago

When I drop a tiny screw on the playfield and cannot find it anywhere. The on I lost today I finally found it sitting perfectly in the top rollover lane slot.

#5 8 years ago

People who put the pop bumper caps in the wrong order on TZ.

#6 8 years ago

Stenciled cabinets that aren't smooth (3D effect) and varathaned playfields that have a frosty look and aren't clear.

... and no Alien Poker repro playfield and backglass.

#7 8 years ago

People who cannot t make up their own minds;

Should I get great game 'A', or should I get great game 'B'?

Both are great and you will have fun playing either

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

On the other hands polls like "Should I get Popeye or a NIB Game of Thrones LE? I really like Popeye and hate GOT LE"

#9 8 years ago

1a) When people don't take a picture of the shooter lane when selling a machine.

1b) When people have a shit load of expensive games and their gameroom looks like a dungeon.

#10 8 years ago

Not having enough time to play them!

#11 8 years ago

When people nitpick games and forget to enjoy them and play pinball.

#12 8 years ago

The worst little thing that drives me crazy, when I want to buy someone's game (that for sale) and when I say how much....they reply with make me an offer......what? How can something be for sale with out a price. So I reply with a low offer as to work up from there.... and they turn into a little bitch, and act offended.

#13 8 years ago

Sellers that want prices that are like 75% markup of a NIB machine or a game from the 90's that is NIB priced when adjusted for inflation, and they can't even take the glass off the machine when taking pictures.

I mean, FFS, take pictures that show WHY you're asking insane money for your machines.....

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

OCD much

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

If you really cant decide, just get both.

#16 8 years ago

Operators that let their machines fall into the abyss of crappiness. That drives me crazy!

#17 8 years ago

Warm beer.

#18 8 years ago

Warm beer is just wrong.

#19 8 years ago

People parting out games that could have otherwise been repaired.

#20 8 years ago

that visible piece of dust/debris stuck on the glass... but from the inside, everything else sparkles.

gotta take the glass off... again.

#21 8 years ago

Ball trails in the inlanes leading to the flippers. I can just picture the ball grinding the dirt into the paint. I hafta at least do a quick wipe down/wax.

#22 8 years ago

When I go to look at a pin that is for sale that is supposed to be in nice condition and needs nothing according to seller (pictures can hide alot). But once I get there I find tons of issues and the game doesn't even fully function like its supposed to and of course the price is still the same even after I point out that it needs countless hours of work and hundreds in parts. Usually I fix what I can for the person and head back home and continue the search.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

1b) When people have a shit load of expensive games and their gameroom looks like a dungeon.

#24 8 years ago

Uneven flipper bats, out lamps, broken plastics.

#25 8 years ago

air balls

#26 8 years ago

Forgetting to put the balls back after you already put the glass and lockdown bar on.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Forgetting to put the balls back after you already put the glass and lockdown bar on.

+1

#28 8 years ago

Loose spotlight drifting to the left. I'm looking at YOU, Tron.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Forgetting to put the balls back after you already put the glass and lockdown bar on

Agree with both.

#31 8 years ago

credit dot! fix it!

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Forgetting to take the balls out before lifting the playfield!

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

What's the correct order?

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Loose spotlight drifting to the left. I'm looking at YOU, Tron.

yep. Happened to me too. Plus Tron's dirt-amplifying yellow color on the orbit. Spent more time cleaning than playing.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Operators that let their machines fall into the abyss of crappiness. That drives me crazy!

that.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

When I drop a tiny screw on the playfield and cannot find it anywhere. The on I lost today I finally found it sitting perfectly in the top rollover lane slot.

.. or dropping one working beneath the playfield and it just kind of nests itself somewhere on a wiring bundle. Sure you have a box of proper screws that you could re-mount that [lamp / drop target / whatever] with but it isn't *THE* screw.

and.. my friends' kids coming over, starting 4 player games on every game and walking away with everything on Ball 1, player 2.

#35 8 years ago

When someone touches the glass when they are pointing at something on the playfield.

#36 8 years ago

People knocking on my door even though I have a "No Soliciting" sign in plain view.

#37 8 years ago

Intermittent switch problems.

#38 8 years ago

WPC reset problems.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

Intermittent switch problems

Yes!! When you have a great game going and that one switch, that usually triggers the Jackpot, decides not to work.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

Warm beer is just wrong.

Drink better beer and it won't taste as gross when warm.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Drink better beer and it won't taste as gross when warm.

IMO....any beer tastes terrible warm.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

IMO....any beer tastes terrible warm.

I like new castle when warm. Good tasting when warm on a cold day of ice fishing.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

People knocking on my door even though I have a "No Soliciting" sign in plain view.

You're missing out on all of those free EM solicitors

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

You're missing out on all of those free EM solicitors

No I'm not.

I've also got those assholes that call me on the phone even though I'm on the do not call list telling me they can save me money on my home loan even though I have none.

#45 8 years ago

That whenever you set parts on a machine next to the one your working on they almost always wind up on the floor or fall off at very inopportune times

#46 8 years ago

Spending more time searching for that screw you dropped than making the repair / installing the mod.

#47 8 years ago

When your driving and get stuck behind a very slow driver and when you get to a passing lane, they speed up and you can't catch them then they slow down again after the passing lane had gone.

#48 8 years ago

When you're driving and some cheeseball behind you is riding your bum even though it's obvious you won't speed up for them so to put your mind at ease you speed up when the passing lane appears just enough so that they can't get around you and then slow back down when the lane is gone.

#49 8 years ago

People who can't find the start button.

#50 8 years ago

When I receive an order of LEDS and no matter how careful I am to try and think of everything that I need, I always overlook something.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-little-thing-drives-you-crazy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.