(Topic ID: 122216)

What lies beyond repairing, modding, playing, and collecting pinball?

By NicoVolta

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by tamoore
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault.jpg

#1 9 years ago

OK, so, you've bought a collection of pinball machines, fixed them up, played them, traded them, entertained the neighbors in your neon-lit garage arcade, installed a few mods, and maybe brought them to a convention or two.

What about routing a game or two at a local venue?

Or using them for pop-up PR/charity/fundraiser events?

Or opening a barcade?

Or a pinball-themed event venue?

Anyone done any of these things?

#2 9 years ago

Train others?

hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg
    #3 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Train others?

hqdefault.jpg

My thoughts exactly!
    Invite a hottie or two over, and see if "the glass fits their ass"?

Just a thought

#4 9 years ago

Start a league. When I pitch tournaments to semi-regular pinball players (ie, people who come into the bar and play once in a while) - they almost universally smile and nod. However, those same types of players are almost universally intrigued and curious about league play.

In my mind, a tournament is much less of a commitment. But in their minds, I think a league sounds much less intimidating. Probably like the difference between "my monthly poker tournament" vs "my weekly poker night".

#5 9 years ago

A bad back, Maxed out credit.... And death.

#6 9 years ago

Buy a P-ROC and design or re-theme one!

#7 9 years ago

make your own!!!

#8 9 years ago

STACKING!

#9 9 years ago

Developing new products that push what you and others can do with pins. I've started doing that with a group of folks from AZ. It is fun way to learn new things, create new things, and contribute back to the pinball community (which has helped me immensely over the years). I particularly like one of our products, the Pinduino, which let me learn everything from electronic design, PCB design and manufacturing, and how to use microcontrollers. All of our code is open-source and it is really neat to see people using our board to develop new things and expand the possibilities of what can be done.

Here are a couple of vids of the Pinduino controlling addressable LEDs in LOTR and XM that run light shows tied into gameplay:

#10 9 years ago

Open an arcade.

#11 9 years ago

Getting buried in one.

#12 9 years ago

I just intend on doing the buying/selling/trading/playing/entertaining thing as long as it's fun.

If that part isn't fun any longer, I'll get out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-lies-beyond-repairing-modding-playing-and-collecting-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.