(Topic ID: 246044)

Poll Added: What license from 2010 to 2020 would you like to see?

By tbanthony

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HighFive
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll Added: What license from 2010 to 2020 would you like to see?”

• Stranger Things 29 votes
      9%
    • Mad Max Fury Road 30 votes
      9%
    • John Wick 17 votes
      5%
    • Avengers End Game 19 votes
      6%
    • Toy Story 25 votes
      8%
    • James Bond (Daniel Craig) 22 votes
      7%
    • Assassin's Creed 4 votes
      1%
    • Howard Stern 5 votes
      2%
    • Pearl Jam 6 votes
      2%
    • Harry Potter 39 votes
      12%
    • Mission Impossible 10 votes
      3%
    • Wonder Woman 8 votes
      2%
    • Rick & Morty 25 votes
      8%
    • How to Train Your Dragon 8 votes
      2%
    • Resident Evil 7 votes
      2%
    • Minecraft 4 votes
      1%
    • Fortnite 1 vote
    • Zelda 27 votes
      8%
    • Nirvana 9 votes
      3%
    • Pokemon 10 votes
      3%
    • Incredibles 14 votes
      4%
    • Ready Player One 10 votes
      3%

(Multiple choice - 329 votes by 128 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DD7DF6F5-365A-4463-927D-275C762DE7C0 (resized).jpeg
    F2A759FE-52DE-4DAD-8A16-28044CFB4EA0.gif
    E2020BB5-A2F7-4B31-AE7B-DBD0512218A5.gif
    10F17758-25E8-4369-B9F1-F2D6E538E928 (resized).jpeg
    1626DDE8-7AE1-4057-91C1-4CADA75A7780 (resized).jpeg
    R&M (resized).jpg
    poke (resized).jpg
    846BF0F9-EBB2-4558-BA1B-E17DFD5B1F7C (resized).png
    p13705330_b_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

I’m 50 years old but honestly I’m tired of all the talk of pinball themes from 70’s and 80’s. Sure I’m nostalgic for some things from my youth, but Stern has hit the point of diminishing returns on that whole thing. At this point, I say screw the Goonies, Jaws, old James Bond, etc. Instead, what’s something from this decade you’d like to see?

#2 4 years ago

Something with this sort of imagery.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3 4 years ago

Infinity War or End Game. We need a game where you assemble an Infinity Gauntlet for multi-ball

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Infinity War or End Game. We need a game where you assemble an Infinity Gauntlet for multi-ball

Says the man with a Thanos profile pic. Lol. I like the idea but I dunno if another super hero game is what we need.

Personally I’d love a theme that’s been current from 1985 to present. Zelda. The theme could do well being converted into pinball form.

From the last decade? I really hate to say this but, the video game industry is larger then the movies and music industries combined. So maybe we should look to video games for a great theme. What about something memorable like God of war, final fantasy, minecraft. BUT ultimately, as bad as it sounds, I think Fortnite could do well as a theme. Mass appeal, and you just shoot targets to kill enemies. You don’t need deep rules, there’s a video screen to fill in the blanks. Make it hard, fast, killer and leaving you wanting more.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Says the man with a Thanos profile pic. Lol. I like the idea but I dunno if another super hero game is what we need..

I can’t help that it is a great idea.

Outside of super heroes, I would say John Wick, Fury Road, fast and Furious, and the new Star Wars movies are viable themes. As much as I want Jaws, if you need a new theme, go with the Meg. Over the top and not as bad as you would think.

#6 4 years ago

JOHN WICK, JOHN WICK, JOHN WICK give me a John Wick Pinball.
    I think John Wick would do well younger people will be attracted by the theme so will more mature pinball players as well as it's a violent action packed film with lots of memorable quotes.

#7 4 years ago

Curse of Oak Island, if only for the repetitive callouts.

#8 4 years ago

What about a Kitchen Knigtmare pinball imagine Gordan Ramsey cussing at you the whole time you play it would be hilarious.

Joking aside another newer movie license I think that could work is IT.

#10 4 years ago

Other than well done Marvel output, most pop culture trends from the decade (re-boots and avocado toast) already feel stale.

We have great original art, I’d love a reset to original themes in 2020.
    (I just tapped into my inner Odin)

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Curse of Oak Island, if only for the repetitive callouts.

Could it be....? Could it be...?

#12 4 years ago

Not a theme I'd be interested in but a Pokemon pinball machine could be very popular and I think it would fit pinball pretty well.

I think it'd be cool for a revisit of crazy artsy old themes (new themes but with the older style raw artwork like Sorcerer, Paragon etc. Generic in theme, but really cool art and make more modern playfields / gameplay.

#13 4 years ago

Black Panther or The Incredibles.

#14 4 years ago

It

#15 4 years ago

Firefly

#17 4 years ago

James Bond encompassing the Daniel Craig era....but I suppose that doesn’t count since they started in 2006.

#18 4 years ago

Assassins creed would be cool.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

Assassins creed would be cool.

I'd buy that. Would look great next my Deadpool and Hobbit.

#21 4 years ago
    download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgp13705330_b_v8_ab (resized).jpgp13705330_b_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    #22 4 years ago

World of warcraft

#23 4 years ago

I'm still shocked no one has done a Howard Stern pin. The possibilities are endless with the current cast of characters, let alone the wack packer lineup back to the 1990s.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm still shocked no one has done a Howard Stern pin.

You are?

#25 4 years ago

He's got a ridiculous-sized audience in the tens of millions, and has for decades. Plus crazy personalities like Eric the Midget, Riley Martin, Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf, Sour Shoes, Crazy Alice, Gary the Retard, Wendy the Retard, Jeff the Drunk, Baba Booey, Bobo (Steve from Florida), Elegant Elliott Offen, Hanzi...the list goes on and on and on. He's loved by many celebrities so you could probably get callouts from George Takei, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Rob Zombie, Jimmy Kimmel, etc, etc, etc. There's a gold mine of recorded material from the show regulars and the wack pack, plus phony phone calls and music parodies. It could be an amazing pin.

#26 4 years ago

Road Warrior Mad Max would be bitching... it has a real pinball feel to it, awesome music.

I’d buy that game everyday including Sunday.

I’d also like to see John Wick, Godzilla, Aquaman but please no more marvel movies.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Road Warrior Mad Max would be bitching... it has a real pinball feel to it, awesome music.
    I’d buy that game everyday including Sunday.

I think Fury Road would be better if only one movie could be used, but it'd be better to have all of them covered in one pin.

#28 4 years ago

My favorite show of the era: Psych - fake psychic detective.. lots of funny material to pull from. Theme would be easy to integrate w/ today’s lcd displays, and it’d Be family friendly and funny

#29 4 years ago

a theme that is also popular outside the USA

#30 4 years ago

Greta Van Fleet - a music pin the kids would enjoy and I would too... and then probably at some point switch the songs out for Zepplin and have my Zepplin pin.

#31 4 years ago

Gotta agree that Fury Road could be epic if done right, another "modern " theme that I think would be really good would be Pacific Rim, but time has probably passed on it.

#32 4 years ago

It seems like the pin community is always talking license. Are original themes dead? Is the thought an original theme won’t sell no matter how good it may be? I think most people agree that at least some of the ‘90s Bally Williams games are amongst the best and most desirable pins.

#33 4 years ago

Bob's Burgers

#34 4 years ago

I did not read the whole thread so this theme may have been said but my vote is John Wick

#35 4 years ago

The saw movies. Jigsaw

#36 4 years ago

Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Events.

Think of the toys. Including one that just drains the ball.

#37 4 years ago

The Last Airbender (Avatar) Animated series.

846BF0F9-EBB2-4558-BA1B-E17DFD5B1F7C (resized).png846BF0F9-EBB2-4558-BA1B-E17DFD5B1F7C (resized).png
    #38 4 years ago

I want a Guy Fieri pinball. You could go assemble your ingredients to become the greatest chef in Flavortown. Multiball would suddenly introduce Gordon Ramsey making you feel like a complete POS for missing any shots and draining. Truly a dream theme.
    Two of the most entertaining chefs out there and food.
    Where’s my drooling emote??

#39 4 years ago

I’d say go the video game license route with Resident Evil

#40 4 years ago

Firefly/Serenity

#41 4 years ago

Something in one of the countless other I WANT the "insert title here" pin to be produced, or the what's next from stern speculation topics.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Something in one of the countless other I WANT the "insert title here" pin to be produced, or the what's next from stern speculation topics.

I'd like Pinside to make a "dream themes" sub-forum where all these threads could go and easily be filtered out.

#43 4 years ago

Quit beating around the bush! Harry Potter.

#44 4 years ago

I would say, all the themes I could ever want have already been made

#45 4 years ago

I would love an X-men days of future past pinball with Logan doing his thing. I also would love a “Rocket Man” Elton John pinball.

#46 4 years ago

80's Billy Joel.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Stranger Things

Agree wholeheartedly. This seems like a home run theme. It would satisfy those who want a new theme and those who always want something nostalgic since it's a new show but set in the 80's. It appeals to both teenagers and adults. It has action, adventure, fantasy. The more I think about it, this theme was made to be a pinball machine. Plus, it would be the first pin based on a tv show that is an original from a streaming company, which would be a pretty cool first.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

It seems like the pin community is always talking license. Are original themes dead? Is the thought an original theme won’t sell no matter how good it may be? I think most people agree that at least some of the ‘90s Bally Williams games are amongst the best and most desirable pins.

My opinion is that "original" themes are mostly dead. Historically, some "original" themes were attempts to capitalize on licenses or popular themes without paying for the license. So whether it is a license or not, you probably don't want to pick an unpopular theme. So, yes, you could do a Haunted House theme without paying for a specific license, etc. However, I proposed this thread to focus on viable (and more recent) licenses.

#49 4 years ago

Ready player one.
    And good luck on licensing

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

JOHN WICK, JOHN WICK, JOHN WICK give me a John Wick Pinball.
    I think John Wick would do well younger people will be attracted by the theme so will more mature pinball players as well as it's a violent action packed film with lots of memorable quotes.

I like John Wick as an idea. Reeves has had a resurgence because of the series. I've still only seen the 1st one but I think they all were rated pretty well and commercially successful. Could be a good makeup for the good game, but lousy movie JOHNNY MNEMONIC.

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-license-from-2010-to-2020-would-you-like-to-see?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.