(Topic ID: 246044)

Poll Added: What license from 2010 to 2020 would you like to see?

By tbanthony

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HighFive
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll Added: What license from 2010 to 2020 would you like to see?”

• Stranger Things 29 votes
      9%
    • Mad Max Fury Road 30 votes
      9%
    • John Wick 17 votes
      5%
    • Avengers End Game 19 votes
      6%
    • Toy Story 25 votes
      8%
    • James Bond (Daniel Craig) 22 votes
      7%
    • Assassin's Creed 4 votes
      1%
    • Howard Stern 5 votes
      2%
    • Pearl Jam 6 votes
      2%
    • Harry Potter 39 votes
      12%
    • Mission Impossible 10 votes
      3%
    • Wonder Woman 8 votes
      2%
    • Rick & Morty 25 votes
      8%
    • How to Train Your Dragon 8 votes
      2%
    • Resident Evil 7 votes
      2%
    • Minecraft 4 votes
      1%
    • Fortnite 1 vote
    • Zelda 27 votes
      8%
    • Nirvana 9 votes
      3%
    • Pokemon 10 votes
      3%
    • Incredibles 14 votes
      4%
    • Ready Player One 10 votes
      3%

(Multiple choice - 329 votes by 128 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DD7DF6F5-365A-4463-927D-275C762DE7C0 (resized).jpeg
    F2A759FE-52DE-4DAD-8A16-28044CFB4EA0.gif
    E2020BB5-A2F7-4B31-AE7B-DBD0512218A5.gif
    10F17758-25E8-4369-B9F1-F2D6E538E928 (resized).jpeg
    1626DDE8-7AE1-4057-91C1-4CADA75A7780 (resized).jpeg
    R&M (resized).jpg
    poke (resized).jpg
    846BF0F9-EBB2-4558-BA1B-E17DFD5B1F7C (resized).png
    p13705330_b_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

Bare Naked Ladies.

LTG : )

#102 4 years ago

is "PINSIDE" considered a licence
    man the comedic dramas it has sure would be fun, yes?

#103 4 years ago

Jackass.

Think of all the things that could happen when your shot goes wrong.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Jackass.

I would seriously give my last testicle for this theme!

#105 4 years ago
    1626DDE8-7AE1-4057-91C1-4CADA75A7780 (resized).jpeg1626DDE8-7AE1-4057-91C1-4CADA75A7780 (resized).jpeg
    #106 4 years ago

Mad Max Fury Road and I would Chrome it!

#107 4 years ago

The Chronicles of Narnia!

Added over 5 years ago:

Grand Theft Auto
    Gran Tourismo
    Spiro the Dragon

#109 4 years ago

Added a Poll. Didn't get every suggestion in there, but quite a few to choose from.

#110 4 years ago

Stranger Things
    John Wick
    Mission Impossible
    Daniel Craig James Bond

#111 4 years ago

Stranger Things is the only one that really stands out as an interesting pinball machine to me.

Why is Zelda on that list? It came out in 1987 lol.

EDIT: Nirvana? Pokemon? These are all old-ass franchises lol. If we're just going to throw anything in then I'd vote for Princess Bride, first and foremost. A theme everyone loves that is both family friendly and fun for adults. Imagine completing modes like defeating Inigo Montoya, the Fezzick (giant) and Vizzini? Fire Swamp multiball where you beat the "rodent of unusual size" and hit shots to avoid the fire and escape the quicksand. Naturally, of course, there needs to be a final mode where you play as Inigo Montoya finally getting his revenge. A few shots to put the prince against the wall, then a shot each for slashing his cheeks. And what about an "As You Wish" wizard mode?

C'mon folks, this must be done! You can still get Cary Ewes, Mandy Patinkin, Robin Wright, Wallace Shawn and Fred Savage to do call outs!

#112 4 years ago

LEGO. Sure Lego has been around for a long time but it's made a bigger comeback in the last 10 years. I'm not talking about just giving the Lego theme to other themes. I mean general Lego. How many Lego figures can you attach to a playfield?? Make it your own. Build your own Lego mods. I think Lego would/could be one of the most creative pinball themes to come out I imagine the game to be about collecting pieces and building things with those pieces for points, like the more pieces you collect the bigger the Lego thing you build, for more points.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from JWP72:

LEGO. Sure Lego has been around for a long time but it's made a bigger comeback in the last 10 years. I'm not talking about just giving the Lego theme to other themes. I mean general Lego. How many Lego figures can you attach to a playfield?? Make it your own. Build your own Lego mods. I think Lego would/could be one of the most creative pinball themes to come out I imagine the game to be about collecting pieces and building things with those pieces for points, like the more pieces you collect the bigger the Lego thing you build, for more points.

Best of both worlds: Lego Movie theme. It's hilarious and has plenty of content.

#114 4 years ago

Since someone mentioned lifestyle brand

The top one that fits pinball that is both lifestyle, music etc....

Margaritaville themed pin for the win!

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

I'd vote for Princess Bride, first and foremost.

Supposedly Stern already has this. I was hoping it'd go to JJP.

#116 4 years ago

Definitely John Wick. The darkness of it, the music, the storyline across the trilogy thus far, quotes, and potential clips to use on the display, etc. would all contribute to a fantastic pin.

How about Taken series theme? After all, "I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills" applies to most pinball hobbyists, right?

Maybe a Jason Bourne series theme?

Fast & Furious?

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Fast & Furious?

Mustang was a retheme of a Fast and Furious pin that fell through. Allegedly.

#118 4 years ago

I like a good bit of silly in my games - pins and vids . So in this vein I think a great pin ( tho older than the proposed perameters ) would be Celebrity Deathmatch . Six seasons of matches to draw from with Nick and Johnny narrating a constant dialogue - sometimes calling the game and others seemingly forgetting entirely what they’re watching and just start rambling until something in the game happens ( a shot made , etc ) that snaps them back to the play by play . Could be a very strong license and a great pin if done right !

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from JWP72:

I am completely on board with this.

#120 4 years ago

I have always wondered why there is no "conqueror/world domination" pin. Something like alexander the great, genghis khan, etc

It seems like a natural fit.

#121 4 years ago

I have always wondered why there is no "conqueror/world domination" pin. Something like alexander the great, genghis khan, etc

Maybe a quest pin...like monty python.
    It seems like a natural fit.

#122 4 years ago

I’m old, I remember fall of 1987 wondering what hit me when this game came out.

I would love to see this game honored . Hard for me to imagine how the layout would be.
    10F17758-25E8-4369-B9F1-F2D6E538E928 (resized).jpeg10F17758-25E8-4369-B9F1-F2D6E538E928 (resized).jpeg

EDIT - My aging memory must be inaccurate. I thought it was 1986 when released. Ship me off to the old folks home.

#123 4 years ago

My fav is not listed. Too bad because it’s a better license and would be a designer’s chance of a lifetime. I’m talking aboot District 9. Cast of characters include: mankind, aliens, man-alien hybrid, rumored inter species man-alien, military bots and deep-state military. The planet is under marshall law and mired in crisis, and the objective of the pinball game is to survive as long as you can. Best parts of movie are the weapons, that and the synthesis of alien/weapon needed to fire them.

Imagine the game having a huge metal apparatus similar to a gun handle but more like an alien arm. Shoot weapons and fire ball similar to a cannon shot but more like firing rpg’s, proton, photons, lasers, EMP’s etc. Video assets would be off the chain good to use. No need for Stern to buy sound or music assets, they could make their own.
    E2020BB5-A2F7-4B31-AE7B-DBD0512218A5.gifE2020BB5-A2F7-4B31-AE7B-DBD0512218A5.gifF2A759FE-52DE-4DAD-8A16-28044CFB4EA0.gifF2A759FE-52DE-4DAD-8A16-28044CFB4EA0.gif

#124 4 years ago

I vote Toy Story.
    DD7DF6F5-365A-4463-927D-275C762DE7C0 (resized).jpegDD7DF6F5-365A-4463-927D-275C762DE7C0 (resized).jpeg

#125 4 years ago

A new Twilight Zone would be pretty awesome.

#126 4 years ago

I'm shocked that no one has mentioned Dazed and Confused or Pulp Fiction. I'm not a huge fan of either but such a cult following on these two movies.
    I mean, who doesn't want to hear Samuel L Jackson say, "play some pinball mother f'r" or "What was the sh.t mother f'r"

#127 4 years ago

Pulp Fiction is not from this decade

#128 4 years ago

While some of the licenses go back prior to this decade, the idea would be that they have fresh content from this decade that a game could be based on

#129 4 years ago

I don't see "Breaking Bad" on your list. Gets my vote!!

#130 4 years ago

A lot of licenses being suggested here that do not fall in the timeline of thread tittle .

#131 4 years ago

I want to see a Stranger Things pin where when you unlock the upside down, parts of the playfield actually rotate to the underside of the playfield and there is another playable field underneath that is now on top. I'm not sure it is even possible but it would be amazing.

#132 4 years ago

I've always had a hunch that the next Spooky/Danesi game is Stranger Things. Just seems like the perfect blend of horror mixed with 80's (and electronic synth music) that would be perfect for them. I really hope I'm right!

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I’m old, I remember fall of 1987 wondering what hit me when this game came out.
    I would love to see this game honored . Hard for me to imagine how the layout would be.
    [quoted image]
    EDIT - My aging memory must be inaccurate. I thought it was 1986 when released. Ship me off to the old folks home.

I agree, but I have to say that I feel Metroid is a much better fit for a pinball theme

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Says the man with a Thanos profile pic. Lol. I like the idea but I dunno if another super hero game is what we need.

Not high on my list, but I'd still take an End Game machine. That movie seemed to be the culmination of Disney's Marvel films to date, so it would be kind of cool to see a JJP style game where you can choose between 20+ characters for one giant mash up. Plus the whole, Infinity Stones thing seems to work for a collection goal. Each stone would give you some bonus or special ability. For example, the Time Stone extends the amount of time for various modes.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Personally I’d love a theme that’s been current from 1985 to present. Zelda. The theme could do well being converted into pinball form. From the last decade? I really hate to say this but, the video game industry is larger then the movies and music industries combined. So maybe we should look to video games for a great theme. What about something memorable like God of war, final fantasy, minecraft. BUT ultimately, as bad as it sounds, I think Fortnite could do well as a theme. Mass appeal, and you just shoot targets to kill enemies. You don’t need deep rules, there’s a video screen to fill in the blanks. Make it hard, fast, killer and leaving you wanting more.

I would be cool with Zelda, Mega Man, Metroid or Castlevania. I think all of those 80s franchises would translate quite nicely to pinball. In terms of more modern, I'm not sure Fortnite has much appeal for your typical pinball buyer. My picks would be Red Dead Redemption or Resident Evil. Even if you are not into the games I think the overarching themes of western and horror could still be engaging. I'm not sure the same can be said with Fortnite.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Jackass.

Like a boxing glove under the game that hits your sack when the ball drains, or a mild electric shock in the flippers, or even a nerf type gun that shoots you in the face from the backbox.

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I don't see "Breaking Bad" on your list. Gets my vote!!

Yeah. I don’t see a pin with Meth Multiball making it to market. Call me crazy.....

#137 4 years ago

I would like to see a super villain theme. Joker, Megatron, Thanos, Hannibal, Bane, .... Not all together, pick one.

#138 4 years ago

Despicable Me

#139 4 years ago

This has maybe been said. If someone does Stranger Things, The upside down should be a change in lighting, not a lower playfield. I would have the original color artwork on the playfield, but a whole other set of artwork on top of this with invisible UV ink. In that mode, UV lights would be used and the hidden artwork would be displayed. Also, during this mode, the flippers would be reversed or inverted.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

I want to see a Stranger Things pin where when you unlock the upside down, parts of the playfield actually rotate to the underside of the playfield and there is another playable field underneath that is now on top. I'm not sure it is even possible but it would be amazing.

This has actually been done before on Light...Cameras...Action!

#141 4 years ago

Westworld
    Vinyl

#142 4 years ago

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned "Fallout". It's got the right mix of humor for pinball, and an easily identifiable look. The super mutants have a bunch of great sound bites for callouts: "Hungry!" The soundtrack to all the games is obviously available at minimal licensing cost, and the vaults across all the games offer all kinds of mode opportunities.

While on the video game idea, I also second Bioshock. Another great story with all kinds of possibilities. Plasmids could be a great game mechanic: hit a shot, pick up a plasmid. After you use it, you'll need to get a different one for whatever you now need to do. Any time the game says "Would you kindly", you know you'd better do something.

Of course, Stranger Things seems like an obvious winner!

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zennmaster:

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned "Fallout". It's got the right mix of humor for pinball, and an easily identifiable look. The super mutants have a bunch of great sound bites for callouts: "Hungry!" The soundtrack to all the games is obviously available at minimal licensing cost, and the vaults across all the games offer all kinds of mode opportunities.

This would make a great pin. Would look terrific next to my CFTBL.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zennmaster:

While on the video game idea, I also second Bioshock. Another great story with all kinds of possibilities. Plasmids could be a great game mechanic: hit a shot, pick up a plasmid. After you use it, you'll need to get a different one for whatever you now need to do. Any time the game says "Would you kindly", you know you'd better do something.
    Of course, Stranger Things seems like an obvious winner!

It would work if they leaned in to the humor of the series. The Zen pinball version of Fallout was a HUGE disappointment imo, and those Super Mutant callouts were terrible. Big fan of the series though, and would love to see it done right. Imagine the big nuke from Megaton in FO3 as a Bash Target!

#145 4 years ago

Wont be a popular choice, but to get a new generation around, not just satisfy the old pin fans, something that target videogames, like Fortnite, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, PUBG. Imagine something connected from the game where you can gain real play coins by linking the app to the real pinball, and vice versa, playing the real pinball can give you goods for the videogame.

As for personal choice, a Breaking Bad pin would be sweet to see. Hey, there is a Gateway in Better Call Saul, perhaps its a sign!

Oh yeah! Vic Rattlehead on the playfield, and an area where you see a cage with the band in it like in Wake Up Dead video, perhaps the area where you can lock balls for multiball. And the multiball open the cage, start and the second part of the song at 3 minutes starts! Funny i was thinking about this, since Stern are heavy on bands, id really love to see a Megadeth pin!

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-license-from-2010-to-2020-would-you-like-to-see/page/3?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.