(Topic ID: 246044)

Poll Added: What license from 2010 to 2020 would you like to see?

By tbanthony

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by HighFive
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll Added: What license from 2010 to 2020 would you like to see?”

• Stranger Things 29 votes
      9%
    • Mad Max Fury Road 29 votes
      9%
    • John Wick 17 votes
      5%
    • Avengers End Game 19 votes
      6%
    • Toy Story 25 votes
      8%
    • James Bond (Daniel Craig) 21 votes
      7%
    • Assassin's Creed 4 votes
      1%
    • Howard Stern 5 votes
      2%
    • Pearl Jam 6 votes
      2%
    • Harry Potter 38 votes
      12%
    • Mission Impossible 9 votes
      3%
    • Wonder Woman 8 votes
      2%
    • Rick & Morty 25 votes
      8%
    • How to Train Your Dragon 8 votes
      2%
    • Resident Evil 6 votes
      2%
    • Minecraft 4 votes
      1%
    • Fortnite 1 vote
    • Zelda 24 votes
      7%
    • Nirvana 9 votes
      3%
    • Pokemon 10 votes
      3%
    • Incredibles 14 votes
      4%
    • Ready Player One 10 votes
      3%

(Multiple choice - 321 votes by 125 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DD7DF6F5-365A-4463-927D-275C762DE7C0 (resized).jpeg
    F2A759FE-52DE-4DAD-8A16-28044CFB4EA0.gif
    E2020BB5-A2F7-4B31-AE7B-DBD0512218A5.gif
    10F17758-25E8-4369-B9F1-F2D6E538E928 (resized).jpeg
    1626DDE8-7AE1-4057-91C1-4CADA75A7780 (resized).jpeg
    R&M (resized).jpg
    poke (resized).jpg
    846BF0F9-EBB2-4558-BA1B-E17DFD5B1F7C (resized).png
    p13705330_b_v8_ab (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 months ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Black Panther or The Incredibles.

The Incredibles 1 & 2 are pretty much my favorite Pixar movies. I'd love to see a game based on them. Some good action and really funny moments in #2 (especially if you have a teen daughter). I laughed out loud during a few scenes. There would be some opportunity for a funny mode or two constructed around the teen daughters dating challenges, the baby's powers, etc.

Unfortunately, "cartoons" don't seem to result in the most popular themes with Pinball. I guess we'll find out if JJP proceeds with Toy Story. I will say I'd prefer Incredibles vs. Toy Story for PinBall -- I just think it would be a better fit.

#52 5 months ago
    Quoted from NintenBear:

I would love an X-men days of future past pinball with Logan doing his thing. I also would love a “Rocket Man” Elton John pinball.

Then get Elton John & the Brown Dirt Cowboy! :b

#53 5 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd like Pinside to make a "dream themes" sub-forum where all these threads could go and easily be filtered out.

Probably a good idea. Speculation on "what's next" and "dream themes" (whether focused on a timeframe, genre, etc.) are recurring topics one way or another and could be lumped into a subforum category. Whether you want to participate or don't want to, it would make it easier.

#54 5 months ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Agree wholeheartedly. This seems like a home run theme. It would satisfy those who want a new theme and those who always want something nostalgic since it's a new show but set in the 80's. It appeals to both teenagers and adults. It has action, adventure, fantasy. The more I think about it, this theme was made to be a pinball machine. Plus, it would be the first pin based on a tv show that is an original from a streaming company, which would be a pretty cool first.

It's a good suggestion; all good points.

I watched the first season. I found it interesting but never "liked" any of the characters which resulted in me hoping for the end of the world and kill them all.

#55 5 months ago

The Matrix!

#56 5 months ago
    poke (resized).jpg
    #57 5 months ago

Ron Jeremy! the backglass itself would be a work of art!!!!

#58 5 months ago

Licensing is near-impossible. They made the Johnny Mnemonic conversions and got a C&D

#59 5 months ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Ron Jeremy! the backglass itself would be a work of art!!!!

Big Dick already exists

#60 5 months ago

Wrong decade. Most recent Matrix movie was in 2003. Not aware of a new one coming out; enlighten me if there is.

Edit: I see there are rumors of a new addition to the series. I don't see anything to indicate it will be out by 2020. Partial credit for an old idea that could be new again.

#61 5 months ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

Quit beating around the bush! Harry Potter.

It seems like Stern or JJP finally got this, but it's unclear which.

#62 5 months ago

Big Bang Theory? Hmmm

#63 5 months ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

[quoted image]

Too much Ash. Where's team rocket?

#64 5 months ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

Quit beating around the bush! Harry Potter.

Most of the "Harry Potter" movies are from the 2000's, but the last one was released in 2011 so you just made the cutoff.

#65 5 months ago

TV show Justified or Deadwood.....

#66 5 months ago

Mission Impossible:
    Cruise is an iconic action star. Series of 6 movies was good. Plenty of content to choose from. Good theme music. 3 of the movies were from this decade. The stunt action in these movies was generally spectacular and would be good content for LCD on pinball.

#67 5 months ago

Doom/Doom Eternal

#68 5 months ago

Robot Chicken

#69 5 months ago

Wonder Woman:
    Ok, so Gal Gadot is just freakin' hot. Setting that aside, it was a very good, highly successful movie that was perceived positively by all genders and with another in the pipeline for 2020. She also made an appearance in Batman vs. Superman and Justice League; although licensing could be complicated to pull anything from those movies just for one character.

#70 5 months ago

Any music from this decade sufficiently popular / iconic for "bar", "barcade" or home arcade purposes. Can't be something that we all cringe about in a few years

#71 5 months ago

For starters...

1. Dark Souls/ Bloodborne (video games by From Software)

2. Super Troopers (I know the first movie was older than this, but the existence of the sequel means it qualifies)

3. Hitman (Video game series. Also some terrible movies. The possibilities of hits/ modes is amazing!)

4. True Detective (HBO - Season One only)

5. Pearl Jam (Still going strong and celebrated their 20th anniversary in 2010).

#72 5 months ago

Breaking Bad would be great.

#73 5 months ago

Keith Elwin’s new version of Archer or Venture Bros., Metalocalypse or Rick and Morty.

#74 5 months ago
    Quoted from fuseholder:

Keith Elwin’s new version of Archer or Venture Bros., Metalocalypse or Rick and Morty.

Rick and Morty would make for a sweet pin.

#75 5 months ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

Setting that aside, it was a very good

Strong disagree. Thought it was really boring. She is definitely a beautiful lady though.

#76 5 months ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

There is a thread on here with all types of great ideas for this pin.

#77 5 months ago

How to Train Your Dragon

While technically kids movies the first two are among the best films I have ever seen (especially 2). The trilogy lends itself VERY well to a pinball machine.

#78 5 months ago

Gary Stern, the pinball

#79 5 months ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I’d say go the video game license route with Resident Evil

Yes, but also no. A video game license could be a great idea to pull in some of the video game crowd to pinball, but I don't think Resident Evil is the way to go on this one. I'd pick something that lends itself better to pinball, like Fortnite. It's instantly recognizable with the younger crowd and the concept is simple to understand. There's also a wealth of great ideas that could be incorporated into the theme.

For the record, I've never played a single game of Fortnite, so I'm not a fanboy or anything. I'm just a realist.

#80 5 months ago

I'd like to see someone do a video game theme. It makes so much sense now that pinball is LCD. Tons of assets that could be used directly in the game and the pinball would act as a sort of advertisement (billboard) for the video game.

1st party Nintendo would of course be the top choice but teaming up with a company like Rockstar games would also be cool

Super Smash Brothers
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Mario Kart
    Metroid Prime
    Legend of Zelda
    Red Dead Redemption
    Grand Theft Auto
    Bioshock
    God of War

#81 5 months ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Strong disagree. Thought it was really boring. She is definitely a beautiful lady though.

No problem with you having your opinion about the movie. Overall, it was a well-liked movie:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017

#82 5 months ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Yes, but also no. A video game license could be a great idea to pull in some of the video game crowd to pinball, but I don't think Resident Evil is the way to go on this one. I'd pick something that lends itself better to pinball, like Fortnite. It's instantly recognizable with the younger crowd and the concept is simple to understand. There's also a wealth of great ideas that could be incorporated into the theme.
    For the record, I've never played a single game of Fortnite, so I'm not a fanboy or anything. I'm just a realist.

I'm not a huge video game player. Some things that even I'm familiar with include Fortnite, Minecraft, and a couple others on the top 20 list of PC games.

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-20-core-pc-games/

I could see Fortnite crossing boundaries over to Pinball because it is so ubiquitous that most everyone has heard of it and, well executed, it could be a fun concept in pinball with the idea of the storm closing in while trying to take out your opponents. That could be really fun. Similarly, Minecraft is extremely well known and seems like it could have endless possibilities. I have no idea how hard it would be to license a video game for a Pinball machine but I think there is an opportunity with a few of these to end up with a fun, good selling Pinball machine.

#83 5 months ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I'd like to see someone do a video game theme. It makes so much sense now that pinball is LCD. Tons of assets that could be used directly in the game and the pinball would act as a sort of advertisement (billboard) for the video game.
    1st party Nintendo would of course be the top choice but teaming up with a company like Rockstar games would also be cool
    Super Smash Brothers
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Mario Kart
    Metroid Prime
    Legend of Zelda
    Red Dead Redemption
    Grand Theft Auto
    Bioshock
    God of War

I personally love playing Mario Kart. I suck at Smash Brothers button mashing; my 12 year-old son kicks my butt. I believe Nintendo is famously tightfisted with its video game assets. If licensing wasn't a problem, some of the Nintendo games could provide interesting themes but they might skew younger than Stern's target market could support.

#84 5 months ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

I personally love playing Mario Kart. I suck at Smash Brothers button mashing; my 12 year-old son kicks my butt. I believe Nintendo is famously tightfisted with its video game assets. If licensing wasn't a problem, some of the Nintendo games could provide interesting themes but they might skew younger than Stern's target market could support.

If you stick to the "classic" nintendo properties (Super Mario, Kirby, Zelda, etc) the appeal stretches from today back to people born in the 1960s that were in their teens/20s when the NES hit. That's a very broad market.

#85 5 months ago

Robin surely would ok a Pinside Pinball. It would be hysterical, and have more modes than JJPOTC...

#86 5 months ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

Assassins creed would be cool.

Yes!!

I also like the thought of jaws, zelda, harry potter, or some type of gladiator theme (not the movie, per se, but the general idea)

#87 5 months ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Thats pretty much the only theme within the last ten years that would interest me.

#88 5 months ago

RICK & MORTY

It cannot be stated enough. The smartest show on television. Legions of passionate fans. The perfect modern theme with tons of source material & possibilities. Get Dan Harmon & Justin Roiland's direct involvement to write the story & custom voice for the game. It would be incredible. There are already Rick & Morty video games & hundreds of licenced products, so it's not that much of a stretch for this to happen.

R&M (resized).jpg

#89 5 months ago

With 6 successful movies over 20 years and 2 more to come, how is Mission Impossible not a pinball machine? Seems like a natural. Problems with rights to Tom Cruise, I would have to guess.

#90 5 months ago

Batman vs superman

Infinity wars

Castlevania

Def Jam: Fight For NY

#91 5 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

RICK & MORTY
    It cannot be stated enough. The smartest show on television. Legions of passionate fans. The perfect modern theme with tons of source material & possibilities. Get Dan Harmon & Justin Roiland's direct involvement to write the story & custom voice for the game. It would be incredible. There are already Rick & Morty video games & hundreds of licenced products, so it's not that much of a stretch for this to happen.
    [quoted image]

It really is all of that and then some. Plus the artwork pretty much takes care of itself.

#92 5 months ago

Harry Potter has to have the most latent demand out of most any theme. Just imagine the possibilities.

#94 5 months ago
    Quoted from fuseholder:

Hell yeah ! I own Iron Maiden because I really like it and I think Keith did a great job with it but I do find myself thinking I kind of wish this were the archer that Keith originally made especially after playing his Archer at expo last year .

#95 5 months ago

It is time for another comedy based pin .

#96 5 months ago

Maybe Planet of the Apes, or perhaps a smart space theme like The Martian.

#97 5 months ago

Music-wise, let's do the heavy hitters from the current era, ones that are cult-like today:
    - Kanye West
    - Lady Gaga
    - Ed Sheeran
    - Kings/Queens of HipHop
    - Best of EDM (Avicii, Chainsmokers etc etc)
    - Nirvana
    - David Bowie

Lifestyle Brands (like it or not, people are big on brands these days)
    - GoPro
    - Culture Kings
    - Beats by Dre
    - Disney (Best of Pixar,
    - Apple
    - Pokémon (Pokémon Go)
    - Tesla (car company)
    - In-N-Out Burger
    - Trader Joe's
    - IKEA
    - Crossfit
    - Pioneer DJ
    - Coca Cola (could work only if they do a retro-classic theme)

Misc.
    - Escape Rooms
    - Fantasy Football
    - Fortnite, PubG
    - Harry Potter
    - New Mario or Nintendo pin
    - Rick and Morty
    - Stranger Things
    - Twin Peaks

Problem today is that so many brands are consolidated or platforms for artists (how do you do a YouTube theme, or Spotify theme?)

These themes have POTENTIAL, that is all. Its all about the whole package though (extent of licence, shot layout, music, art, rules, marketing etc etc etc)

#98 5 months ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

I personally love playing Mario Kart.

Same.
    However if a Blue Shell ended up in a pin I might smash it to bits. Several controllers have met their end because of those bastards.

#99 5 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Harry Potter has to have the most latent demand out of most any theme. Just imagine the possibilities.

Well, we're getting it, but it's not clear if it's from Stern or JJP. I PRAY it's JJP. Stern would not do the title justice.

#100 5 months ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Hell yeah ! I own Iron Maiden because I really like it and I think Keith did a great job with it but I do find myself thinking I kind of wish this were the archer that Keith originally made especially after playing his Archer at expo last year .

The varitarget, especially is missed, as are the subways.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Great American Pinball
    $ 93.00
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 289.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 65.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 9.99
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 249.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside