Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jack.jpg
#1 11 years ago

What kind of wire would I need to buy in case I need to lengthen some of the existing wiring? I have a Gottlieb Genesis. At some point someone who owned my machine swapped out the knocker coil for the slingshot coil and I need some additional wire to get the knocker back to it's original position.

Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

I don't fully understand your problem.

There should be a connector, A10J3 and A10P3, a two round pin type. I would guess the wire size to be 20 gauge associated with this connector.

I am guessing they lost the connector associated with the knocker coil and now you need to run some wires after you cut off the existing connector to your new coil. Look around in the bottom of the machine for the connector with two dangling wires, usually you find this stuff in the bottom under the head.

You have got to be be careful that you wire the new coil correctly according to the diode polarity. It easy to get it backwards in your situation.

#3 11 years ago

The only wires necessary to fix system 80 are the two wires
from the detonator to the explosive charge.

#4 11 years ago

Copper stranded wire, take a piece with to the hardware store and get the same size.

Not rocket science here, most anything except telephone wire will work.

LTG : )

#5 11 years ago

The early system80 games were some of the most innovative and complex (Haunted House) pins of thier time, not mention just plain damn fun to play!!!!! So long as you do the basic ground mods to these systems they are as good as any.

Jack.jpgJack.jpg

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

So long as you do the basic ground mods to these systems they are as good as any.

Sorry Jack, i wus just trying to be funny!

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I got a chuckle out of that one.
But, I'm diggin' the 80B games these days.
I'll have my TX-Sector, Genesis, and RoboWar all in a row soon.
I'd love to add a Lights, Camera, Action (System 3 with an 80B display) to the lineup.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sorry Jack, i wus just trying to be funny!

Me too, just thought I'd put it out there!

#9 11 years ago

Genesis is a good game. I traded the game I am currently working on to someone a while go and he traded to someone else but the sound went out. Not a Gottlieb problem, but a problem with moving the game on the side. This game boots solid every time, has great sound and great play. The displays are nice, as are all of the 80B games. Never have seen a bad display on an 80B.

I love the Bach Toccata and Fugue when you have the opportunity to expose the robot lady under the playfield.

I take back good game, I mean great game, solid performance, reliability and game play. Probably one of the best buys for your money today. I want another one.

OP: The wire with the red stripes goes to the coil lug that is associated with the stripped diode end. The wire with the gray/black stripe goes to the opposite coil lug.

#10 11 years ago

Another option when the wire gauge is not printed on the insulation is to use a wire gauge tool or a table as is here:
http://www.rbeelectronics.com/wtable.htm

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That definitely gave me a good laugh. I know I have felt that way before when I was in the middle working on one of mine!

#12 11 years ago

Sorry if I didn't clarify that as well as I should. I think LTG knew where I was going with it. I just meant the standard wiring that connects to everything under the play field. There's miles of it in there and I don't even know what kind it is. It's my first machine so I'm still learning the basics here.

LTG, taking a piece into the hardware store and having them match it up is great idea. I didn't even think of that.

Thanks everybody!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-kind-of-wires-do-i-need-system-80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.