(Topic ID: 79154)

What kind of titles can I get around $3500-$4000?

By The-koontz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Looking for a nice pin ready to roll fully shopped. Can I get any decent tiles for that? Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Oh yeah...too many to list!! Great price range.

#3 10 years ago

You can get a bunch......just keep an eye out. If you wait a little longer during the summer prices come down (I bought 16 pins last year for my collection and got much better pricing in May and June then I did in February).

BE PATIENT !!! GOOD LUCK. I am familiar with Pasadena one of my friends lives there and I used to keep my boat at the Maryland Yacht Club.......check the Annapolis CL ads as you aren't that far away and nobody ever checks them from Northern Virginia (where most of your competition will come from for good priced pins)....trust me, I know firsthand !!!

#4 10 years ago

it'd be easier to list the pins you can't get in "nice, fully shopped" condition for that price.

#5 10 years ago

Pretty much any pin except 'A' titles.

#6 10 years ago

Whitewater, Funhouse, and STTNG probably all fall in that range.

#7 10 years ago

What do you like?

If *I* had $4k to burn I'd probably be looking at a METPro or a TSPP..... or maybe a LOTR

#8 10 years ago

Cftbl, tspp,

#9 10 years ago

IMO. STTNG is the absolute bang for your buck in that range. I'd say that game is your price range.

Quoted from 27dnast:

STTNG probably all fall in that range.

Metallica? Huge no on that, it looks like his first game, Metallica gets old super quick, especially since it's a shell of a game right now. You're other suggestions are good though.

Quoted from lowepg:

If *I* had $4k to burn I'd probably be looking at a METPro or a TSPP..... or maybe a LOTR

Not true. A TZ sold here for $4,400 recently, AF usually go in the very low 4's. I know it's a tad above his range, but he could probably stretch. STTNG is under 4, that's an A title. WH20 is a B+ probably and that could be find right around 4, maybe a bit under.

Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Pretty much any pin except 'A' titles.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

A TZ sold here for $4,400 recently, AF usually go in the very low 4's.

I'll take a TZ for $4400

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

IMO. STTNG is the absolute bang for your buck in that range. I'd say that game is your price range.
    Metallica? Huge no on that, it looks like his first game, Metallica gets old super quick, especially since it's a shell of a game right now. You're other suggestions are good though.
    Not true. A TZ sold here for $4,400 recently, AF usually go in the very low 4's. I know it's a tad above his range, but he could probably stretch. STTNG is under 4, that's an A title. WH20 is a B+ probably and that could be find right around 4, maybe a bit under.

He said 3,500-4,000 so I was trying to keep it below 4,000. In general, 'A' titles are over 4,000. Opinions will vary on some titles as to whether they are 'A' or 'B'. STTNG is not an 'A' title to me.

I disagree on MET. Had mine 6 months and it hasn't got old super quick. I think the time to buy one is now... before the update comes out.

#12 10 years ago

Get a STTNG, great game!

#13 10 years ago

For $3500 - $4000, I'd be snagging me a very nice Corvette, RFM, or save just a lil' bit more up and get a good condition TAF.

Your options at $4000 are pretty big. STTNG is a good game, but if those optos start acting up - well - hope you got some tech skills .

#14 10 years ago

I would go with MET PRO......if you can fix your own games then go for an "older pin" but you can find a MET PRO with very little plays for approximately $4K. What nobody takes into consideration for a "newbie" what if he gets lucky and finds a TZ and it starts to have "issues"....his $4K bargain becomes a lot more expensive or any older Ballys Wiliams....I would lean toward a new model MET PRO fits the bill.....I don't feel it would get anymore boring then a lot of the other titles (I currently own 10 pins and my MET PRO is as much fun as all of them).

GOOD LUCK !!!!

#15 10 years ago

Thanks everyone so far! I am new and this would be my first pin. I'd would stretch to 4k if I had to, to find a great condition pin. I've been looking for a Corvette but haven't found one in the condition I want. The one I did find is at GRC and the price is slightly out of reach. Because of that I've been exploring other options, but Corvette would be my number 1 choice.

Like has been stated in above post, I'm just going to have to be patient and wait for the right one to come along. I'm sure it will eventually!

I've been combing both CL and eBay but things seem to be so far out of reach or not worth the condition and is way overpriced. That's what I've found so far is that a lot of pins I've been looking at have been priced pretty high.

I'll keep looking and something will turn up!

Thanks again so far with the suggestions, keep em coming!

#16 10 years ago

If you want a car related theme I do have a really nice I500 you could look at. It is a really nice example of one and just "not my thing"......you could come over and play it.....I might consider getting rid of my HS2 (not as nice as my I500 but cheaper). Both are well below your price range and you can almost have both for the top of your price range. You are more then welcome to come over and check them out. I also have a BSD as well that is well below your price range......again you can probably pick 2 of the 3 and get close to your price range for 2 of them. Just check around I am not really in a rush to sell any of the 3 and am not even advertising them so you can look around and come over and if you want any of the 3 or 2 of the 3 we can work something out.

The I500 I have is tough to find in the condition (nice cabinet and playfield) that mine is in. However, it is still below the bottom of your price range so we can chat....check for yourself what they go for and mine is most likely nicer and cheaper so if you want to stop by just PM me. I hate doing the picture thing......friend of mine probably lives close by you as well and you may know him...we can chat.

Regardless, good luck......

#17 10 years ago

Shadow, Congo, STTNG, RBION, WCS, TFTC, Tommy, HS2, FT, TF pro, XM pro many options at this range.

#18 10 years ago

He can almost get 3 pins for $4K .... WW, T2, Dr. Who and HS2...... he could get pretty close and have 3 fun pins and have "variety"...... would not be CQ pins but they would be nice players pins for that price (maybe have to go to $4,500 or so but to have 3 pins sometimes beats having one in my opinion when you are starting out). My first 6 pins were Teed Off, Dr. Who, T2, Space Shuttle, Cue Ball Wizard and GNR back in 2008/2009.....I bought all 6 (prices were lower) for approxmately $7K.....GNR wasn't nearly as "sought after" back then and I got a nice one for $2,500.....the rest were approximately $1K or less.....so for $7K I had a fun collection.....to me it was better then paying $5Kish or so for one of the really hot A list titles.

For people starting out personally I think one pin gets boring and if you have a decent budget of approximately $4K or so try to get 2 pins at least.....that is what I would do.....in fact, that is what I did back then. Now I have 10 with a bunch of expensive titles but that was years later (I sure wasn't going to pay $6K like I have done for some of my titles back then when I wasn't sure I would like pinball that much.....).

Most people say hey what can I do with $1K or $1,500 when they start out so we tell them but if you have around $4K you have a lot of options in my opinion.....even a MET PRO you can get if you want one pin like I said.....or many other pins......his options are MANY !!!

Good luck.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks HOP, I'll send a PM to you. Thank you for your invitation I will take you up on your offer. I'd love to get 2 pins, I'd have to see if my space will allow for it though.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, for what I'm looking for I'm just not having any luck. For the price people are asking for their corvettes I expect them to be pretty damn nice. Everything else my wife wants are all out of reach. She has no idea but every pin she wants are crazy expensive, MM, TOM, SS, TOTAN, AFM, CFTBL and so on...

I'm a bit more realistic, at least I think so. I'm looking for a nice Corvette as mentioned, Back to the future, Star Wars etc...

I appreciate all the ideas, keep them coming. I'll have to find some suggestions to play and find in my price range!

#20 10 years ago

You will be fine....be patient. If you are set on a Corvette you will definitely be fine. You can definitely get a "mint one" in your price range. If that is really what you want don't settle. My only point is that you can also get multiple pins in your price range with some decent titles. I actually sold my really nice TOM for $4,700 and SS for $5,000 just weeks ago as I "skinnied down my collection" from 16 to 9 as me and the wife agreed on 10 pins....so I waited like a week to go back to 10 and drove to NY to buy a nice Met Pro from a great pinsider. I also sold a MINT (not a mark on it TSPP) for $4,600 so in most cases even a lot of the A titles you can get in really nice shape for a slight bit above your range....DO NOT GO RETAIL......the same pins will be $1K more at least in some cases more then that as I looked retail and decided no way.....your better off doing the "leg work" and saving some cash.

You are always welcome to stop over anytime just PM me. I will keep my eyes out for a Corvette for you.....I did see one many months ago locally that looked nice in the mid $2's and it did look really nice but that was many months ago.

Good luck to you....

#21 10 years ago

My CSI

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Whitewater, Funhouse, and STTNG probably all fall in that range.

You can get a WhiteWater for less than $3.5k for sure!

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

shit for 4k, you better get 2 corvettes.

You got a hookup for a plug n' play well taken care of, needs nothing Corvette for $2000? I got cash in hand ready to play.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from The-koontz:

Looking for a nice pin ready to roll fully shopped. Can I get any decent tiles for that? Thanks!

Go play some games before spending your money. Games are a pain to move, and its a good idea to make sure you want to keep it for a while before moving it. Prices are all over the place on pins and can be confusing for a new buyer. Some new buyers will look at a restored Fathom or Centaur and ask, why is that game worth over $3,000 when I can buy a newer game for $1,500. That person may have a point, but I would love a restored Centaur for $3,000, over a beat up Simpsons Pinball Party for the same price. YMMV.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-kind-of-titles-can-i-get-around-3500-4000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.