(Topic ID: 7866)

What kind of epoxy for repairing shooter lane wear?

By DrAzzy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rad
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wh2o_repair.jpg
wh2o_repair_before_2.jpg
wh2o_repair_before.jpg
Putty.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drazzy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

My no fear has some nasty shooter lane wear, which sometimes interferes with ball launch. I've decided to take the plunge and fix the wear and install the appropriate Cliffy.

What kind of wood epoxy should I use? (that's what I'm supposed to use, right?)
Locally, I can get DAP, Minwax, and Elmers brand wood fillers - are any of those good, or should I go mail-order?

What's the recommended guide to doing that repair?

#7 12 years ago

Quik Wood - I'll try to scare up some of that.

At what point in the process do you use the putty? do you sand out the clear first, or use the putty, then sand out the clear and putty?

Varathane - that going to be available locally, or is that something I'll have to order?

Sandpaper - Easy.

Plunger handle - Easy.

#9 12 years ago

Local Home Despot only carries Minwax brand polyurethane spray - I assume that's not sufficient?

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Quik Wood epoxy putty stick. Best stuff for wood EVER. Clean the wood well with magic eraser and 70% rubbing alcohol first.

Here's a link to a Cactus Canyon shooter lane I restored for a buddy (actually I restored the entire playfield but this is just the shooter portion) I didn't have to use epoxy but it will show what you need to do after that

http://crinear.smugmug.com/Pinball/Cactus-Canyon-resto/

When you spray it with the new clear, and you're only doing it on the shooter lane (rest of the PF is beautiful_ - no idea why the shooter lane is in such lousy condition), how do you blend the newly clear-coated shooter lane with the rest of the PF, without there being a noticeable boundary?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drazzy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-kind-of-epoxy-for-repairing-shooter-lane-wear?tu=drazzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.