(Topic ID: 333059)

What kind of connector is this (and how do I disconnect it?)

By EvanDickson

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20230313_230837347 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Trying to help a local pub reattach the seats on their Mario kart gp. This connector runs between the seat assy and the rest of the game, but I can't figure out how to detach it. Just tugging each student doesn't work, and pinching doesn't seem to work. I wonder what kind it is and if it needs a special tool?

PXL_20230313_230837347 (resized).jpgPXL_20230313_230837347 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Trying to help a local pub reattach the seats on their Mario kart gp. This connector runs between the seat assy and the rest of the game, but I can't figure out how to detach it. Just tugging each student doesn't work, and pinching doesn't seem to work. I wonder what kind it is and if it needs a special tool?
[quoted image]

There's a piece facing you that looks like it needs to be unhooked.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

There's a piece facing you that looks like it needs to be unhooked.

And one on the other side I believe

#4 1 year ago

Not the two sides. Push on the single tab on the left

1 week later
#5 1 year ago

For the benefit of anyone who reads this in future, gutz had the answer. I think. I couldn't squeeze it hard enough, but there is a clasp on the inside of the top side shown here. I had to jam a tiny mechanical screwdriver into there to unclasp it, then they slid apart.

Added 15 months ago:

* that bigger thing in the side that really really looks like a hook and clasp, is not. It's all one useless decoration, I have no idea why.

#6 1 year ago

That ol’ fart knows his info gutz

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

That ol’ fart knows his info gutz

Hey now! A couple of points:

1. I'm pretty sure you are older than me, and
2. Stay off my lawn.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I had to jam a tiny mechanical screwdriver into there to unclasp it, then they slid apart.

You'll find plenty of these on Hondas and Toyotas. I hate them...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.