(Topic ID: 206285)

What kind of bizarro coin door is this?

By Brijam

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3436 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3437 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3438 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3439 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

I pulled this wierdo coin door and mech from a re-import. What the heck is it, and does it have any value?

IMG_3439 (resized).JPGIMG_3439 (resized).JPG

IMG_3438 (resized).JPGIMG_3438 (resized).JPG

IMG_3437 (resized).JPGIMG_3437 (resized).JPG

IMG_3436 (resized).JPGIMG_3436 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Nothing more than a electronuc coin mech.

#3 6 years ago

Yeah, it's an eletrconic coin mech. The small board to the right of it is an interface board to convert the NRI ribbon cable to the coin inputs (orange/black wires) for the game.

Nothing really special - without documentation, and if the mech can't be programmed by hand, it's pretty worthless except to someone that accepts the coins it does. (Italy?) They can be programmed to accept a number of coins, and new run just over $100.

#4 6 years ago

Most coin validators usually just take a sample coin in a slot, and they're ready to go with whatever you put in it. I haven't seen one like that one before though.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Most coin validators usually just take a sample coin in a slot, and they're ready to go with whatever you put in it. I haven't seen one like that one before though.

I actually have one in my TZ. We used to have them in one of my arcades back in the day, to accept two different tokens. (Giveaways & promotions, and then purchased tokens.) Right now, my TZ accepts $.05, $.10, $.25, $.50, $1 coins. Whohoo.

They ain't cheap, though, and at least with the NRI and MEI models, aren't home-programmable.

#6 6 years ago

Cool thanks for all the info!

#7 6 years ago

yep re-imports are always hacked up. coin doors, transformers, screws in the wood cabinet, extra transformers added, rusty switches, rusty screws and other metal parts (from boat salt), screw holes from ash trays or plaques attached to cabinet sides and a host of other things (smaller fuses, wrong fuse rating stickers, etc).

#8 6 years ago

The funny thing is, the face plate looks a lot like this Happ Controls Mini acceptor:
    https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/40-0229-00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-kind-of-bizarro-coin-door-is-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.