Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MattS
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170926_232656 (resized).jpg
    brad_and_cliffy.png
    20151118_213808 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4376 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4375 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
    live long (resized).jpg
    16372406719_6a57a4b304_b (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1500957106470 (resized).jpg
    20170722_180350 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

UltraPeepi brought up a good question in the "Why Do People Leave The Hobby" thread.
    It's been 13 hours and he didn't start the topic yet. So I'm doing it for him.
    Please don't just respond. Do a little soul searching. And post what you love about pinball that keeps you in the game.
    Your responses may well help others. Especially if they are thinking of jumping ship because they lost their way and forgot what they used to enjoy about pinball. Your response may help you too.
    LTG : )

I simply can't afford it anymore. I'd love to work on new project games, but they're gone and flipped before I can even respond now. The days of $300 junkers SYS11 games are over and done. It was fun while it lasted. I still play the two I held onto a few times a week though.

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Just means it's time to go classic Bally... picked up two junkers with great backglasses and cabinets for under 300 just a couple weeks ago. There are also some really fun EM's out there.
    I know some don't like them because the ball moves slower but they are challenging in a different way and in lots of ways are actually harder than many more modern games.

I'm an electronics guy, so even though I like EMs, I wouldn't like working on them as much. I like debugging roached hacked up SS games.
    I'd love to find some early SS Bally junkers for under $300.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-keeps-people-in-the-hobby?tu=thedefog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.