Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MattS
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170926_232656 (resized).jpg
    brad_and_cliffy.png
    20151118_213808 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4376 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4375 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
    live long (resized).jpg
    16372406719_6a57a4b304_b (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1500957106470 (resized).jpg
    20170722_180350 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballalley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 6 years ago

Hi All,
    Pinball is a great hobby. If you look at all the machines made from the beginning until now you will see a reflection of American culture. Pinball is iconic and should follow apple pie when we examine the hobby. Unlike video games each and every game of pinball is unique. It appeals to the core child in each of us. From Humpty Dumpty to the Creature from the Black Lagoon to Popeye and the Addams Family one could go on and on. The flash of the lights , the glint of the silver ball, feeling the pulsing electricity as we press the flipper button making the shot we need to . I am a dealer , not only do I sell new pinballs but we also sell reconditioned pinballs. In our show room we have 100 different titles give or take. I mention this because I want to illuminate the hobby. You have to be careful on this site. It can jade you quickly. When I see the look on peoples faces as they come through our front door, I know not only what keeps people in this hobby but why it is growing. When they see all the machines lit up in every direction their eye grow so wide. Pinball has that magic. Some people are immersed in fond memories of their past. Some people are excited to begin their game room that insulates them from a hostile world even for a little while. The neat thing is the glow that all faces have from very young to very old. Pinball is magic. What makes the magic even better is that we are in the greatest era for pinball, ever! We have great new pinballs being made, we have wonderful after market manufacturers that make keeping our old friends a reality and we have talented people who can keep the juice flowing in all these cabinets. My grandfather (who started our business 75 years ago) would always say that if you like what you do for a living you will never work a day in your life. I love what I do. In fact my daughter Lauren has come to work for Pinball Alley (fourth generation) that is the kind of magic pinballs has. That is what keeps people in the hobby.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballalley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-keeps-people-in-the-hobby?tu=pinballalley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.