Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MattS
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170926_232656 (resized).jpg
    brad_and_cliffy.png
    20151118_213808 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4376 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4375 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
    live long (resized).jpg
    16372406719_6a57a4b304_b (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1500957106470 (resized).jpg
    20170722_180350 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butterflygirl24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

There is one thing that has kept me in the hobby for nearly 20 years - friends. Have I enjoyed the thrill of the chase and finding deals out there? Sure. I enjoy playing machines, occasionally resolving problems, and learning what I am 'supposed to do' as I play. But without a doubt, the friendships that have evolved from my involvement in the community is the reason I am still here. And some came from a simple local sale, how cool is that? And in the case of the picture below (me and Cliffy), this is someone I finally had a chance to meet face-to-face and hug at PAGG this year after nearly two decades of communication! I can't express in words what that meant to me.
    Brad

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!
    My first pinball friend, I never got the honor/privilege of meeting in person. We had many conversations via e-mail, RGP (fun times), and phone calls. I met him through an E-bay ad many years ago, buying what you ask? Pinball plastics for my FirepowerII. We struck up a conversation via E-mail about why I needed them. I told him that I wasn't in a major hurry to get them as my PF was still curing and wouldn't be ready to re-assemble for awhile yet. He asked who restored it and I told him I did...he asked for pics. and that was when he told me I should do restores for a living. I laughed and said that would be awesome to get to work on pins all the time, his reply was be careful what you wish for...the rest shall we say is history...#33 1/3 is still missed! Now #1 has joined him! I would've loved to meet them both in person, one day I will see them all again and what a party we will have...pinball, green army men and lots of water balloons!! I call dibs on shotgun in the jeep!!
    On another note...the people I have met in this hobby/addiction are what keeps me in the pinball hobby! I have met some of the best most giving and caring people out there thanks to pinball! I consider my pinball friends among my best friends...we party together, play together, travel together...and they are there for you when you need a hand not just with pinball moving or fixing, but when you need a hand with life in the real world (not the one under glass). They support you and cheer you up when you are down or upset. Those kind of friends are hard to come by and I would never have found them if it weren't for this crazy goofy hobby!

Phoebe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butterflygirl24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-keeps-people-in-the-hobby?tu=Butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.