(Topic ID: 104368)

2015 What is your ColorDMD addiction level?

By PinballManiac40

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is your total ColorDMD count now? Sorry, max is 9 entries for the poll.”

• I have one. (Too cool) 108 votes
    36%
  • Two (How did my parents ever live with just one color TV?) 56 votes
    19%
  • Three (Never figured out what that animation was supposed to be until I saw it in color) 40 votes
    13%
  • Four (Can't stop now!) 28 votes
    9%
  • Five (When is the next release?) 23 votes
    8%
  • Six (Damn, why can't I ever beat that high score?) 12 votes
    4%
  • Seven (Can I have another?) 6 votes
    2%
  • Eight (Damn I'm broke!) 4 votes
    1%
  • Nine or more (Need my head examined) 24 votes
    8%

(301 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
WPT.png
IMAG0918.jpg
CCC (3).JPG
ColorDMD.jpg
ColorDMD9-111.JPG

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

Just interested in seeing how addicted everyone is getting to one of the most attractive mods on the market. Since the Indiana Jones release, how many do you now have in your machines?

I have 3 total in IJ, TOM and STTNG, and starting to think how cool one would be in DE Rocky and Bullwinkle. Sigma mode would be great in this machine. Though, I'm still holding out that Randy can get it to fit in Capcom games so I can put one in Pinball Magic!!

Edit: This thread/poll is intended for the ColorDMD product.
www.colordmd.com

#2 5 years ago

0. i suck at this

#2 5 years ago

duplicate post

#3 5 years ago

STNG and Stern Star Trek. All of my others are either pre-dmd (bally star trek, star trek mirror universe) or Pin2k. DE Star Trek is a 128x16 dmd... which isn't ColorDMD compatible.

#4 5 years ago

I have three, AFM, MB, IJ. Im just waiting for them to come out for Sterns too. I'd put them in every game if they were set up for it. Best mod that's out there.

#5 5 years ago

I have them in TAF, FT, TZ(black&white with HD upscaling) and one ready for AFM which I am picking up next week.

Agreed, best mod you can get (PDI glass is close second).

Once you have tried colour, you just can't go back to orange.

#6 5 years ago

AFM, SS, TOTAN, TZ (B&W Sigma), Tron (color changing Sigma sync'd to Eli's ramp lighting). I've nearly pulled the trigger on one for MET as well, but red's not so bad. If a color ROM was available, it'd be #6.

#7 5 years ago

I have TAF, MB, TOM, WH2O, MM & AFM. Still need to purchase SS & IJ. Love them. With out a doubt my favorite mod.

#8 5 years ago

SmartDMD running on modern sterns

#9 5 years ago

I have 1 (AFM). I figured I'd buy one everytime I lost a line on one of my other machine's DMD's. I just lost a line on the DMD that's in my TZ, so I need another ColorDMD to put in one of my machines so I can swap that DMD into the TZ. I would like to run the TZ with a ColorDMD running black and white, but it's too tempting to get the ColorDMD to run full color on one of my other 90's W/B machines.

#10 5 years ago

AFM SS WH20 FT CFTBL.....now if they would only do POTC!

#11 5 years ago

colordmd i think are more US focused in general. I can't justify putting $700 in one machine. Exchange rate/customs and shipping are a real killer. I would put this in my FT but for that price I could get an EM.

#12 5 years ago

MM, MB, SS, CFTBL, STLE.

Waiting for them to support NGG.

If I ever get AFM or TOM, I'll put one in.

#13 5 years ago

AFM and WW20 waiting for The Getaway

#14 5 years ago

STTNG & IJ. I'm about to break the bank for one to run sigma on NGG. sigma looked excellent on LOTR!

#15 5 years ago

TZ ( B&W Sigma...looks great), TAF, and TRONLE ( Sigma color changes w Speakerlightkits...absolutely amazing!!!) 3 down, 4 to go....prob going to be between WCS and SM next...not sure yet.....mark

#16 5 years ago

I had 1, will have at-least 1 more eventually!

#17 5 years ago

I am looking forward to the releases for TZ, Roadshow, and Shadow.

#18 5 years ago

FT, TAF, STTNG, and someday WH2O will get one (has blue xpin right now which is awesome). You need one for the Doctor, PinballManiac40!

#19 5 years ago

I'm hooked, they are a great upgrade. I have them for AFM, FT, MM, STTNG, & TOTAN.
I would like to see TZ, Shadow, Indy 500, Tron, and GNR! Too bad CV can't be done.

#20 5 years ago

Scared Stiff only. But if they make them for any of my other pins I'm buying. Pulling for Metallica when they do Sterns, it has such awesome dots.

#21 5 years ago

Waiting for The Shadow.

#23 5 years ago

MM,AFM,CFTBL,TAF, IJ coming next week and waiting for LOTR.

Yes will buy for DH when/if released.

+1 for one the best mods!
Have 3 sheets of PDI but want more!

#24 5 years ago

I have one on CFTBL (excellent), but my only hope is a compatibility for ACDC

#25 5 years ago

Best Mod ever. I have AFM, IJ, MB, MM, SS, STTNG, TAF, TOM, TOTAN, and had one in TZ on white before I sold it. I still need to put that somewhere else. I also have the color display for CCC. Hoping for a Stern soon.

#26 5 years ago

I have many. But I really want LOTR.

#27 5 years ago

How about 0, I don't have an addiction!

#28 5 years ago

Where is the zero option? I would suspect that most fall into that category. The color DMD mod is out of my self imposed mod price range, so zero.

#29 5 years ago

I have two installed. AFM CFTBL

And one ready to go

#30 5 years ago

It's cool, I have one for Creech, might get one for WH2O, but I feel terrible regarding how much it costs....

#31 5 years ago

1 for me in my CCC. Next up is SS. I agree with everyone else-top mod for any game it's available for!-Joe

#32 5 years ago

Zero...waiting for a price drop.

#33 5 years ago

I have 1 in AFM...then I have Sigmas in Congo (green) Metallica & SM (color changing with Speaker Light Kit), and soon CSI will be running a Sigma color changing with the Speaker Light Kit as well....still trying to talk Hubby into 1 for Popeye, it is the only DMD that still has the ugly orange dots!!!

Phoebe

#34 5 years ago

Wow, so Butterflygirl24 will be up to 5 soon. Very nice.

#35 5 years ago

2 for me TAF & WH2O, been waiting on TZ for awhile now, hope it comes soon.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

2 for me TAF & WH2O, been waiting on TZ for awhile now, hope it comes soon.

You can install a ColorSigma now and just wait for the color ROM download.
I may be doing the same for TZ soon, not sure. Would make #4 for me.

#37 5 years ago

At the Ann Arbor pinball museum, we have every one of the colorDMDs installed in our games. That's 12 wpc machines (plus indy jones makes 13, but that's in the mail.) i think they are doing a great job and it's basically the only "mod" we will install in our games.

#38 5 years ago

Ordered one for Gilligan's Island but got stuck putting in Indiana Jones instead.

#39 5 years ago

total addict . This is my favorite mod.......
If I own the game I have the DMD.
My IJ is folded up waiting restoration and I'm considering pulling it out. God help me.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Zero...waiting for a price drop.

I doubt the price will drop anytime soon. You may be waiting for a very long time.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Wow, so Butterflygirl24 will be up to 5 soon. Very nice.

LOL!! If I get my way, I'll be up to 6...when I convince Hubby that I REALLY NEED this for Popeye!!

Phoebe

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

LOL!! If I get my way, I'll be up to 6...when I convince Hubby that I REALLY NEED this for Popeye!!
Phoebe

AUG,AUG,AUG,AUG!

#43 5 years ago

So ColorDMD is much like having a pinball machine. Can't have just one!!!!

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Phoebe

Ahh...there needs to be a Taxi 2.0 with colorDMD.
I need a Bad Cats 2.0.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

How about 0, I don't have an addiction!

Just wait until the color ROM comes out for the Shadow.
Then you'll be looking for your next DMD game to buy.

Can't have just one....pinball or ColorDMD

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I have many. But I really want LOTR.

Why wait? ColorSigma works in LOTR NOW!!!!!!!

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

FT, TAF, STTNG, and someday WH2O will get one (has blue xpin right now which is awesome). You need one for the Doctor, PinballManiac40!

Ehh....not yet. Don't know how I am going to handle the light board situation.

Really thinking hard about putting ColorSigma in Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Had one in Judge Dredd with a light blue and it looked really awesome. I had to move it to Indy of course once that color ROM came out. :p

#48 5 years ago

Here are 11 games with 9 ColorDMDs in a row.
TZ, SS, MM, TAF, MB, WH2O, AFM, CFTBL, ToM

The last 2 games in this row are FT and TOTAN. This picture was before I put one in TOTAN. I'm not sure if I should put one in FT or swap FT with IJ. Either way I will have 11 in a row.

The Stern Room is upstairs. I don't want single color Sigma for LOTR, it needs to be done right.

BTW - Phoebe (Butterflygirl) got me started!

ColorDMD9-111.JPG

#49 5 years ago

Metallica upscaled, CCC, MM, TOM, SS, WH20, CFTBL, TZ (b/w upscaled), and IJ....maybe going to do IJ4 with color changing kit linked to speakers...did Met that way its pretty eyecatching and change colors with one button....just have to wait for our dollar to climb out of the crapper right now..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, SC
There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside