(Topic ID: 4935)

What is your second best Pinball Forum? (Pinside is the best)

By tk375

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-2.jpeg
    #1 12 years ago

What is your second best Pinball Forum? I love Pinside and is my favorite, but don't know of another forum really, any suggestions?

#2 12 years ago
    Quoted from tk375:

What is your second best Pinball Forum?

Theres others? I have no hinkling of straying from Pinside.

#3 12 years ago

KLOV, MAACA, Pinball Bash, RGP, VRPA, Aussie Arcade

In no particular order

#4 12 years ago

Pinside is the only one worth my time. More civil people on here than other sites, and constantly updated. I'm a loyalist. I'm sure that the other forums are sources for different information, but I really just don't have time to follow more forums than the pinside.

#5 12 years ago

I stick to Pinside as well sorry I couldn't be of much help to you on this one.

#6 12 years ago

tomdotcom named pretty much all of them I can think of. RGP is by far the most active, but you have to be willing to filter out a lot of noise in order to make it worthwhile. While I consider Pinside my true home, I also post regularly on RGP, and occasionally on KLOV and the Bash. I rarely visit any of the others.

#7 12 years ago

RGP. Especially if you just want to watch and don't care to participate. Great stuff there.

#8 12 years ago

I only need one pinball fix as well as C-list ads

#9 12 years ago

I have watched a few others before as well and I do not spend any time on any others. RGP does have some good info if you can find it. There are many people that lurk there as well as here. They seem to be a good place to find specific parts if you cannot find them here.

#10 12 years ago

I visit pinballbash when it is slow on here and I have too much time on my hands. Which hasn't been the case lately.

#11 12 years ago

Do you really consider RGP a forum.....thought it was more of a bash site at best

#12 12 years ago

I cant say that I actually visit many other sites with forums. I do not care for RGP although I realize there is wealth of info if needed. Too much drama and bashing. So Pinside--your stuck with me like it or not.

#13 12 years ago

I observe on RGP from time to time, but never post. Too much of a hatefest over there.

Pinside is the only place I care to spend any significant time at. It is a big bucket of win.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Pinside is the only place I care to spend any significant time at. It is a big bucket of win.

This pretty much somes it up

#15 12 years ago

I forgot pinball news is cool - they have good stories from time to time
    like that old Stern read - nice

#16 12 years ago

I mostly hang out here, KLOV and RGP. Although RGP has been very slow lately due to Google groups being borked.

I agree that RGP can get overly negative at times so I take a break from it now and again.

I also like pinside because the history thread is stickied so as I find stuff I can just add it there.

#17 12 years ago

I'd have to say I do like the history thread - nice job on that jonnyo

#18 12 years ago

Way too much useful info on RGP to ignore. The search function is an invaluable tool. unfortunately it's hard to start a thread without someone flaming you. That is what makes the Pinside community so refreshing to come back to.

Shawn

#19 12 years ago

You have to have a thick skin if you want to post on RGP. For example, here's a post of mine from a couple days ago:

"If you edit a post on RGP Archive, what will happen to it on RGP?"

Seems like a pretty straightforward question, right? Here's one of the responses I got:

"Don't use RGP Archive and you won't ever have to ask questions like this making yourself look really freaking stupid."

This kind of mean spirited, idiotic post just comes with the territory. You have to roll with it and not let it bother you. Fortunately, there are enough good people like LTG on RGP to compensate for all the dicks.

#20 12 years ago

That reply did not answer the question. My guess is he did not know. That is a good example of the things that waste time looking for info there.

#21 12 years ago

Honestly, I haven't really missed RGP as much now that it's traffic is way down. So much negativity on everything (esp Stern) and bias towards anything Williams has kind of driven me to go to other moderated forums. That's really the key, great places like this have moderators and can eliminate all the crap, which makes this a lot more pleasant place to be. RGP is a great resource, but I'm a little burned out on it I think.

#22 12 years ago

"Don't use RGP Archive and you won't ever have to ask questions like this making yourself look really freaking stupid."

He forgot to add " Ya Dip-$#!t!!!"

Pinside rules... Simple as that.

It's too bad Lloyd can't come up for some fresh air for a change...
    He can break new forum-post(s) records here!
    Alas,
    I can't really bash RGP that much.
    If you filter the 89% BS out of the pan you will eventually find some REAL gold there!

images-2.jpegimages-2.jpeg
    (Jack)
    "From the Glory-Hole too!!!"

#23 12 years ago

here,klov and pinball news.i also never miss the monthly spooky pinball podcast.i never go to rgp,too many people that do pinball more harm than good.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

Pinside is the only one worth my time.

Agreed so 2nd would have to be the UK Pinball group as it keeps me in tough with my local pinball friends.

#25 12 years ago

Like Emo, though I spend more of my time on Pinside I also am on UK Pinball Group, it's a messaging system rather than a forum. It's friendly too like Pinside. As Emo hopefully meant to say It keeps us in touch with more of the local UK pinheads. As a messaging system it is a lot quicker to check for new postings away from a computer using a smartphone than Pinside.

I often read the recent postings on RGP, or did so when Google Groups worked. Too much hate and sillyness on RGP for me to contribute anything on there. I do a lot of searching on RGP for any obscure faults on my machines that crop up. A very good resource for this, and you will often find the answer in there.

Pinball News is good for breaking news stories and info on modern games.

There is a new pinball forum just started up in the UK called Pinballinfo. I haven't joined this as I find Pinside works just fine for me.

#26 12 years ago

in Belgium, we have a very good forum www.gameroom.be
    in dutch only...

#27 12 years ago

Well..I'd like to create my own, but getting members & having them staying & updating etc can be a huge task in it's self.

Got to love pinside.com

#28 12 years ago

Hi all, I was on RGP since Oct 2010. I recently saw a reference to the Pinside forum on RGP given the Google groups problem. RGP was helpful as I was doing my first (and probably only) pinball restore, but as others have noted it's a very hostile group so I decided to check Pinside out. I didn't realize this was such an active forum.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I observe on RGP from time to time, but never post. Too much of a hatefest over there.

Pinside is the only place I care to spend any significant time at.

agree

#30 12 years ago

just pinside

#31 12 years ago

I'm here because you guys are really nice

Maaca is not bad too...

#32 12 years ago

I like to hear opinions of others, thanks for the advice, and about rgp seems like it has it's badside and good side. thanks guys!

#33 12 years ago

hi fellas....first post on pinside....i've been coming here for years to check out the stats on different pins, check out the top 100, etc. it's a great site. for whatever reason, i never realized there was a discussion forum here.

i've only posted on one other arcade/pinball forum, and that's KLOV. there are some really good guys over there (seen a few of them here already. ).

anywhoo.....just wanted to pop in and say hi and add my two pennies to the thread.

#34 12 years ago

There's PINSIDE...and then there's all the rest that trail in it's wake.

PINSIDE...accept no substitutes!

2nd best is the 1st loser.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

i've only posted on one other arcade/pinball forum, and that's KLOV.

I thought I recognized the name. Isn't your avatar over there some kind of purple hippo animation?
    Welcome to the Pinside forum! It's always great to have another member.

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I thought I recognized the name. Isn't your avatar over there some kind of purple hippo animation? []
    Welcome to the Pinside forum! It's always great to have another member.

lol....yeah, i used to have the ass-spanking-purple-hippo thingy......changed it to my current avy here after the cocks won back to back national championships a couple of months ago.

#37 12 years ago

I tried posting on KLOV, but for some reason my registration never got activated. I can read, but not post. I never really got into the 'news groups' - something about the interface just seems clunky (or perhaps I'm just too lazy to figure it out)...

So like most that have answered already - it's PINSIDE only for me.

#38 12 years ago

I started on RGP, but like others have said there was just too much BS to get around. There are some really great people on there, and some really sad people with way too much time. So far I really enjoy this site, and the people!

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Theres others? I have no hinkling of straying from Pinside.

ditto

#40 12 years ago

I have to say, no matter what, I'm sticking with pinside. Not even just from a forum standpoint.

-It's the best database for solid state machines (and it's linked to ipdb if you fancy an EM machine).
    -Its the best top pinballs list online.
    -It has the average prices listed.
    -The reviews are great quality and the stories make good reading material.
    -It's my favourite place to check the pinball market.
    -Oh and did I forget to mention, IT'S THE BEST LOOKING PINBALL WEBSITE EVER.

#41 12 years ago

I only go to RGP when I need a repair and cannot get a reply elsewhere. To many smart asses and crap over there. I also post on Pinball Bash. Good sight and nice fellows for sure. I used to go to Pinball Country but the owner of that sight is a real jerk. We had a few off sight personal issues so I dont really go there much. My favorites for sure are here and the Bash. Aways good to feel like you can ask a stupid question and get a few honest replies. Even if the question is stupid, it still needs answering or it wouldn't be asked in the first place.

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from pintastic:

I used to go to Pinball Country but the owner of that sight is a real jerk.

I heard that !! I agree 100% .. Owner wanted me to front him a Pin, promising that he will Pay in Tyme...Yea.. I Personally Told PT to Ban me for GOOOOD !!! It's a Ghost Town Now !!! LOL

. Now Pinside seem's to be Pretty Cool.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-your-second-best-pinball-forum-pinside-is-the-best and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.