(Topic ID: 155611)

What is your overall consensus on Ghostbusters and who is buying.

By zr11990

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LarryMac
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
11b5ib_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I don't ever start these threads but I have never really been excited about a Stern until now. I pretty much liked everything about the GB at the TPF and that was the pro. I decided to cancel my pre order for TBL and get one using the money I got for selling WOZ. All of you know I have never really liked Stern pins at all and have never had anything good to say about them. BUT, I found myself playing the newer Sterns over and over at the TPF forsaking all the others. My wife and I kept going back and forth to Kiss, TWDLE, Metallica, IM and of course GB when the line was not a mile long. She was not interested in TBL or THLE but she did love GB and when she got her name on it for the Scary Dog mode or some shit she got to brag and was excited and told me to get that one instead of TBL so I did. I just sent in my deposit.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

The real driver for Stern to put in a ColorDMD or LCD should be from a CARBON UNITS perspective. So much more CARBON UNITS put into the environment because of this single decision of not to put in the final solution.
Why possibly contribute to Global Warming when you don't have to, IF you make the correct decision. Its about leadership and decision making, IMHO.
If a LCD ColorDMD is put in at time of initial sale, think of the ENERGY saved and Carbon maintained in its current valence state.
1. Orange Dot DMD is not manufactured. (How much energy and water is used for this? Total Carbon Units?)
2. ColorDMD is not required to be shipped (more Carbon Units)
3. Orange Dot DMD doesn't need to be resold and shipped (more carbon units)
4. No one complains any more (personal carbon units)
5. Others....
6. It will cost me less!!
Maybe a different approach will persuade the folks at Stern who make the decisions. Think about it from a Global perspective.
BTW: I am a buyer of GBLE

Please tell me you are joking. My brain tells me you have to be but one never knows. For everyone's sake I'll forgo the MMGW is bullshit argument but I can tell you that a business does not give a fuck about carbon units or credits.

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have grave concerns because John Trudeau designed Ghostbusters. His two efforts for Stern thus far (Mustang and Wrestlemania) have both had fatal flaws in their design. So although the overall consensus is to hype this one over the top, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Both are ugly games that you can look at and tell they suck. That is not the case on GB. I put 5 games on GB and it is a great game and looks better.

#161 3 years ago

First of all Mustang is, in my opinion, butt ugly and the layout looks as if it took him all of 10 minutes to design and then it just isn't that much fun to play. But if you have one and like it then that really is all that matters. I believe GB will be a very big hit, at least I hope it will be since I put my money on the table.

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

You just described "The Hobbit" trademarked statement by pre-order buyers.
There is no need to defend anything on a game that has not get been released.
Discussions like this go in circles.

True, but I played both at the TPF. I liked TH game play but to me the game is ugly and slow. GB is very fast, fun and looks awesome. It does seem to have long ball times though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside