(Topic ID: 155611)

What is your overall consensus on Ghostbusters and who is buying.

By zr11990

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LarryMac
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
11b5ib_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago

Marty "Doc, you won't believe it, Stern made a game with multiple interactive toys and hand drawn artwork"

Doc "I don't believe it!"

GB is going to go down as one of the best pins ever made. It has everything going for it.

#81 3 years ago

After reading / watching pretty much everything about Ghostbusters I think it has the opportunity to be one of Stern's best and go down as a top 10 pin. We've never seen this large of a positive reaction from the pinball community for a new title and I think that is due to a few things.

1. Innovation: The magnetic slings, the Ecto Goggles toy, the ramp under the playfield with the integrated ball lock are 3 items that have never been in a pinball machine before. Same goes for the two double inlanes on each side of the game, a first for a standard body game.
2. Interactive toys: Toys that actually interact with the ball and a lot of them! The items above plus the Slimer toy which on the LE / premium moves to different shots
3. Hand drawn playfield + cabinet artwork: It looks incredible, enough said
4. Great looking molded toys: Slimer, the library, the storage containment unit
5. Licensing done right: Custom callouts by one of the films original actors, Ernie Hudson! Original voice assets and character likeness from all major and even some minor characters can be used.
6. Deep ruleset potential: 9 scene modes, 2 wizard modes, multiple multiball modes, hurry ups, etc.

#129 3 years ago

That's a lot of toys on the premium / LE

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have grave concerns because John Trudeau designed Ghostbusters. His two efforts for Stern thus far (Mustang and Wrestlemania) have both had fatal flaws in their design. So although the overall consensus is to hype this one over the top, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

I think both of those games lack interactive toys as well as traditional ramp flow which in the end hurt their popularity. I'm not seeing either concern with Ghostbusters. I've never seen a pinball machine loaded up with so many interactive toys while still providing a fast gameplay experience. I don't think we have anything to worry about with this one.

Most new pins have at least one area of concern that people end of remembering such as a license issue, no original callouts, incompete / boring code, lack of interactive toys, poor artwork, etc. Ghostbusters appears to be firing on all cylinders and is hitting on every one of those points. That's rare. There's still a chance something on the game won't turn out right but so far I'm not seeing it.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're not seeing non-traditional ramp flow an issue in GB? This is one of the areas that seems a bit iffy to me...but I haven't played it yet.

Well, from a premium / LE perspective no. I can see how the right ramp on the pro would be a concern to some players.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Correct, I'm speaking aboot the pro. I guess we can act like it's a done deal/perfect game unless we're talking aboot the pros.
That does not seem like the slam dunk you've laid out; that's my concern.

Well, even with the odd flow of the right ramp on the pro the game still offers a lot more features over WWE and Mustang in my opinion. The pro still has an interactive slimer toy that moves up and down, captive ball mech, 3 ball captive ball mech, two drop targets, a saucer shot, and a scoop mech / shot. I think theres enough to overlook the right ramp concerns on the pro when you combine the items above with proper license use, original callouts, and great artwork.

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

You shouldn't ignore the two major trade offs in this pin. (In the Premium / LE)
You can say it's innovation, but at a cost.
JT had to make some compromises.
You got haunted magnetic slings, but you've lost traditional ball control during multi-ball.
You got a subway, but you have a monster steep (amongst the steepest in pinball) metal ramp to get up so the ball has enough momentum to make it out the other end.
So in the end you gave up two things to get two things.
Not saying it's a problem, but a trade off.

I don't really see the tradeoffs. The steep metal ramp that drops under the playfield and integrates with a physical 3 ball lock and the magnetic slings sound amazing. It's time for something to help justify these crazy NIB prices.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Sale Pending!
Novi, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside