What is your overall consensus on Ghostbusters and who is buying.

(Topic ID: 155611)

What is your overall consensus on Ghostbusters and who is buying.

By zr11990

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LarryMac
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
pasted_image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
11b5ib_(resized).jpg

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have grave concerns because John Trudeau designed Ghostbusters. His two efforts for Stern thus far (Mustang and Wrestlemania) have both had fatal flaws in their design. So although the overall consensus is to hype this one over the top, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Both are ugly games that you can look at and tell they suck. That is not the case on GB. I put 5 games on GB and it is a great game and looks better.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I paid an additional drop ship charge of $100 on top of the standard shipping charge in order to have the machine shipped from Stern, directly to me.

I'm getting a substantial "straight cash homie" discount, so the choice to pick up my LE was an easy one.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

If there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say.

Welcome aboard! At first, there is a voluntary working interview where you'll be under evaluation.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have grave concerns because John Trudeau designed Ghostbusters. His two efforts for Stern thus far (Mustang and Wrestlemania) have both had fatal flaws in their design. So although the overall consensus is to hype this one over the top, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

What's fatally flawed about Mustang? My only issue with Mustang is the art and theme. A killer toy wouldn't have hurt, but Ghostbusters sure has that.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Carbon emissions from a DMD.
That's a new one!

This is not methane emissions from a cow's a$$, or car exhaust fumes from engine fuel internal combustion.

The next word in this sentence starts with the letter b.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

What's fatally flawed about Mustang? My only issue with Mustang is the art and theme. A killer toy wouldn't have hurt, but Ghostbusters sure has that.

It's very flat, And too much space is taken up by the top rollovers/pops. I've always had fun playing it though...but it's a bit blah.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Good point. IM is fun for my wife and son even though it is tough as nails. I guess IM is good because we all love the theme.

I agree. I'm sure the theme helps, just wondered if they would really "walk away" due to it's difficulty, if the theme is good enough. Just when you said that IM came to mind instantly. If the theme isn't a winner for you or your family it's totally understandable anyway.

BTW, I've got a premium ordered. The theme is a winner all around for me. I've bought several NIB pins in the last couple years but this is the first that I didn't feel I needed to play to know I want it. I have played the pro at TPF and loved it, and I am even more excited to see the next video of the premium/LE features in action!

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Both are ugly games that you can look at and tell they suck. That is not the case on GB. I put 5 games on GB and it is a great game and looks better.

You just described "The Hobbit" trademarked statement by pre-order buyers.

There is no need to defend anything on a game that has not been released.
Five games is a very small assessment sample.
People said the same about KISS, TWD, and GoT.
People said games like Shadow, Party Zone, Centaur, Johnny Mnemonic, Doctor Who, etc were ugly too, and never realized potential until years later.
Discussions like this go in circles.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

You just described "The Hobbit" trademarked by pre-order buyers.
There is no need to defend anything.

Yup. I have a GB on order...but I'm still worried.

#161 2 years ago

First of all Mustang is, in my opinion, butt ugly and the layout looks as if it took him all of 10 minutes to design and then it just isn't that much fun to play. But if you have one and like it then that really is all that matters. I believe GB will be a very big hit, at least I hope it will be since I put my money on the table.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

You just described "The Hobbit" trademarked statement by pre-order buyers.
There is no need to defend anything on a game that has not get been released.
Discussions like this go in circles.

True, but I played both at the TPF. I liked TH game play but to me the game is ugly and slow. GB is very fast, fun and looks awesome. It does seem to have long ball times though.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's very flat, And too much space is taken up by the top rollovers/pops. I've always had fun playing it though...but it's a bit blah.

Damn, did you people complain Mustang is too flat and cause Trudeau to make some WWE mini playfield nonsense! I agree Mustang doesn't have a super interesting playfield but it's fun and works at least.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Feel free to disagree. I feel that Mustang really needed a second ramp. The game always feels like it is going nowhere to me. It is fine for a game or two, but quickly feels like it is lacking.

Quoted from zr11990:

I hope this is the case. It isn't a huge knock on John, but he just doesn't design games I enjoy playing. I'm always open to being proven wrong (which usually ends up with a new game in my gameroom). It just means that they game has a lot more to overcome to get there.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Damn, did you people complain Mustang is too flat and cause Trudeau to make some WWE mini playfield nonsense! I agree Mustang doesn't have a super interesting playfield but it's fun and works at least.

I think we can all agree, even at the time of the WWE announcement, Trudeau and Stern weren't listening to ANYONE aboot the next game they should make.

Quoted from DaveH:

I feel that Mustang really needed a second ramp.

Yup

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Please tell me you are joking. My brain tells me you have to be but one never knows. For everyone's sake I'll forgo the MMGW is bullshit argument but I can tell you that a business does not give a fuck about carbon units or credits.

LMAO

#167 2 years ago

Mustang is awesome. I'll have no Mustang bashing!

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think both of those games lack interactive toys as well as traditional ramp flow which in the end hurt their popularity. I'm not seeing either concern with Ghostbusters. I've never seen a pinball machine loaded up with so many interactive toys while still providing a fast gameplay experience. I don't think we have anything to worry about with this one.

Most new pins have at least one area of concern that people end of remembering such as a license issue, no original callouts, incompete / boring code, lack of interactive toys, poor artwork, etc. Ghostbusters appears to be firing on all cylinders and is hitting on every one of those points. That's rare. There's still a chance something on the game won't turn out right but so far I'm not seeing it.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think both of those games lack interactive toys as well as traditional ramp flow which in the end hurt their popularity. I'm not seeing either concern with Ghostbusters.

You're not seeing non-traditional ramp flow an issue in GB? This is one of the areas that seems a bit iffy to me...but I haven't played it yet.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're not seeing non-traditional ramp flow an issue in GB? This is one of the areas that seems a bit iffy to me...but I haven't played it yet.

That's only the pro the premium will have 2 ramps

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well, from a premium / LE perspective no. I can see how the right ramp on the pro would be a concern to some players.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

That's only the pro the premium will have 2 ramps

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, from a premium / LE perspective no. I can see how the right ramp on the pro would be a concern to some players.

Correct, I'm speaking aboot the pro. I guess we can act like it's a done deal/perfect game unless we're talking aboot the pros.

That does not seem like the slam dunk you've laid out; that's my concern.

#174 2 years ago

You shouldn't ignore the two major trade offs in this pin. (In the Premium / LE)

You can say it's innovation, but at a cost.

JT had to make some compromises.

You got haunted magnetic slings, but you've lost traditional ball control during multi-ball.

You got a subway, but you have a monster steep (amongst the steepest in pinball) metal ramp to get up so the ball has enough momentum to make it out the other end.

So in the end you gave up two things to get two things.

Not saying it's a problem, but a trade off.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Correct, I'm speaking aboot the pro. I guess we can act like it's a done deal/perfect game unless we're talking aboot the pros.
That does not seem like the slam dunk you've laid out; that's my concern.

Well, even with the odd flow of the right ramp on the pro the game still offers a lot more features over WWE and Mustang in my opinion. The pro still has an interactive slimer toy that moves up and down, captive ball mech, 3 ball captive ball mech, two drop targets, a saucer shot, and a scoop mech / shot. I think theres enough to overlook the right ramp concerns on the pro when you combine the items above with proper license use, original callouts, and great artwork.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

You shouldn't ignore the two major trade offs in this pin. (In the Premium / LE)
You can say it's innovation, but at a cost.
JT had to make some compromises.
You got haunted magnetic slings, but you've lost traditional ball control during multi-ball.
You got a subway, but you have a monster steep (amongst the steepest in pinball) metal ramp to get up so the ball has enough momentum to make it out the other end.
So in the end you gave up two things to get two things.
Not saying it's a problem, but a trade off.

I don't really see the tradeoffs. The steep metal ramp that drops under the playfield and integrates with a physical 3 ball lock and the magnetic slings sound amazing. It's time for something to help justify these crazy NIB prices.

#177 2 years ago

Yeah they would really only be tradeoffs if the mag slings sucked and it's hard as he'll to get all the way up the ramp

#178 2 years ago

If the mag slings not only don't suck, but they do fancy things in code like hold the balls and fling them around this premium is going to be off the chain.

#179 2 years ago

I'm hoping (not assuming) things will work out. It's hard for anyone to see clearly when bias is there. That's human nature. The hype for new pins is strong. New owners defend their preorder purchase. After the dust settles, reality sets in. What Stern really needs to do is Demo the Premium / LE ASAP. What's the hold up with that?

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think both of those games lack interactive toys as well as traditional ramp flow which in the end hurt their popularity. I'm not seeing either concern with Ghostbusters. I've never seen a pinball machine loaded up with so many interactive toys while still providing a fast gameplay experience. I don't think we have anything to worry about with this one.
Most new pins have at least one area of concern that people end of remembering such as a license issue, no original callouts, incompete / boring code, lack of interactive toys, poor artwork, etc. Ghostbusters appears to be firing on all cylinders and is hitting on every one of those points. That's rare. There's still a chance something on the game won't turn out right but so far I'm not seeing it.

I'm thinking the only thing that could be a big issue is the magnet slings. If they get that right it's a home run. Can't wait to get that premium in my basement. I like the stay puft marshmallow man way more than slimer but that's just my preference.

#181 2 years ago

They are sold out of le, guess I'll have to wait for one or get a premium.

#182 2 years ago

12k nib LE for christmas

#183 2 years ago

Like some have mentioned already, I had no interest in a Ghostbusters theme. Then I saw the unveiling. I'm in. Premium ordered. Now to sell my XMLE Wolverine!!

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Feel free to disagree. I feel that Mustang really needed a second ramp. The game always feels like it is going nowhere to me. It is fine for a game or two, but quickly feels like it is lacking.

I personally love that Mustang has an asymmetrical playfield and I don't miss the standard (i.e. found on most new Sterns) two ramp layout at all. I think Mustang's multi-ramp is cool, adds a lot of variety in itself, and if you have a Premium/LE, the added cross ramp provides a third route for the ball. The game's action is never lacking for me.

I noticed that Mr. Trudeau has incorporated some of Mustang's playfield features into Ghostbusters. The GB theme doesn't excite me, but given how much fun Mustang is, I'm intrigued by GB's design and am looking forward to playing a Premium/LE!

#185 2 years ago

I am assuming it will be, but does anyone know if this is officially going to be available to play at The Midwest Gaming Classic?

#186 2 years ago

According to one of the email updates I've gotten from MGC, Marco Specialties will be bringing a GB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rio Rancho, NM
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
65,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 999.00
$ 12.99
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
€ 197.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cherry Hill, NJ
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside